Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on swine in Sweden
Publications142 found, 100 shown here
- Cross M, Hodgkin M, Roberts S, Landgren E, Wakelam M, Claesson Welsh L. Tyrosine 766 in the fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 is required for FGF-stimulation of phospholipase C, phospholipase D, phospholipase A(2), phosphoinositide 3-kinase and cytoskeletal reorganisation in porcine aortic endothelial cells. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 4):643-51 pubmed..Furthermore, whilst tyrosine 766 was not required for a proliferative response, it was required for fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 mediated cytoskeletal reorganisation. ..
- Kaeoket K, Persson E, Dalin A. The influence of pre- and post-ovulatory insemination on sperm distribution in the oviduct, accessory sperm to the zona pellucida, fertilisation rate and embryo development in sows. Anim Reprod Sci. 2002;71:239-48 pubmed..In the late inseminated sows, fertilised oocytes and developed embryos were observed up to day 11 but no embryos were found at day 19. ..
- Malmsjo M, Ingemansson R, Martin R, Huddleston E. Negative-pressure wound therapy using gauze or open-cell polyurethane foam: similar early effects on pressure transduction and tissue contraction in an experimental porcine wound model. Wound Repair Regen. 2009;17:200-5 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present experimental study shows that gauze and foam are equally effective at delivering negative pressure and creating mechanical deformation of the wound. ..
- Tovedal T, Jonsson O, Zemgulis V, Myrdal G, Thelin S, Lennmyr F. Venous obstruction and cerebral perfusion during experimental cardiopulmonary bypass. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2010;11:561-6 pubmed publisher..Reduced SVC cannula flow may pass undetected during bicaval CPB, if SVC flow is not specifically monitored. ..
- Lennartsson J, HÃ¥kansson N, Wennergren U, Jonsson A. SpecNet: a spatial network algorithm that generates a wide range of specific structures. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42679 pubmed publisher..99. This novel algorithm can even create negative assortativity and managed to achieve assortativity values that spans over almost the entire theoretical range. ..
- Demoulin J, Seo J, Ekman S, Grapengiesser E, Hellman U, Ronnstrand L, et al. Ligand-induced recruitment of Na+/H+-exchanger regulatory factor to the PDGF (platelet-derived growth factor) receptor regulates actin cytoskeleton reorganization by PDGF. Biochem J. 2003;376:505-10 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest that the ligand-induced association of NHERF PDZ domain with the PDGF receptor tyrosine kinase controls the extent of cytoskeleton reorganization in response to PDGF. ..
- Zamaratskaia G, Gilmore W, Lundstrom K, Squires E. Effect of testicular steroids on catalytic activities of cytochrome P450 enzymes in porcine liver microsomes. Food Chem Toxicol. 2007;45:676-81 pubmed..Overall, our findings indicate that A and E2 have the potential to modify the catalytic activities of porcine CYP2E1 in vitro. However, the significance of this modification for skatole metabolism in vivo is questionable. ..
- Karlsson L, Zhou A, Larsson E, Astrom Olsson K, Månsson C, Akyürek L, et al. Cyclosporine does not reduce myocardial infarct size in a porcine ischemia-reperfusion model. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2010;15:182-9 pubmed publisher..02). Thus, CsA did not protect against I/R injury in this porcine model. The data suggest a possible deleterious interaction of CsA and isoflurane. ..
- Lundkvist J, Land T, Kahl U, Bedecs K, Bartfai T. cDNA sequence, ligand biding, and regulation of galanin/GMAP in mouse brain. Neurosci Lett. 1995;200:121-4 pubmed..Neither does a subchronic glucocorticoid treatment (dexamethasone, 0.5 mg/kg i.p. for 7 days) affect these mRNA levels. ..
- Araya Z, Hellman U, Hansson R. Characterisation of taurochenodeoxycholic acid 6 alpha-hydroxylase from pig liver microsomes. Eur J Biochem. 1995;231:855-61 pubmed
- Furster C. Hepatic and extrahepatic dehydrogenation/isomerization of 5-cholestene-3 beta,7 alpha-diol: localization of 3 beta-hydroxy-delta 5-C27-steroid dehydrogenase in pig tissues and subcellular fractions. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1436:343-53 pubmed..It is concluded that 7 alpha-hydroxycholesterol is converted into 7 alpha-hydroxy-4-cholesten-3-one by the microsomal 3 beta-hydroxy-delta 5-C27-steroid dehydrogenase in liver and extrahepatic tissues. ..
- Lennartsson J, Wernstedt C, Engstrom U, Hellman U, Ronnstrand L. Identification of Tyr900 in the kinase domain of c-Kit as a Src-dependent phosphorylation site mediating interaction with c-Crk. Exp Cell Res. 2003;288:110-8 pubmed..Together these data support a model where c-Src phosphorylates the receptor, thereby creating docking sites for SH2 domain containing proteins, leading to recruitment of Crk to the receptor. ..
- Jastrebova N, Vanwildemeersch M, Lindahl U, Spillmann D. Heparan sulfate domain organization and sulfation modulate FGF-induced cell signaling. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:26842-51 pubmed publisher..These findings underpin the need for regulation of HS biosynthesis in relation to control of growth factor-induced signaling pathways. ..
- Muhl L, Folestad E, Gladh H, Wang Y, Moessinger C, Jakobsson L, et al. Neuropilin 1 binds PDGF-D and is a co-receptor in PDGF-D-PDGFR? signaling. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:1365-1378 pubmed publisher..In summary, we show that NRP1 can act as a co-receptor for PDGF-D-PDGFR? signaling and is possibly implicated in intercellular communication in the vascular wall. ..
- Mwanza A, Englund P, Pettersson A, Einarsson S. Oviductal isthmic motility patterns as monitored by polyview in unrestrained sows around ovulation. Anim Reprod Sci. 2000;62:309-20 pubmed
- Benda B, Lycke N, Holstad M, Korsgren O. Delayed type hypersensitivity-associated cytokines in islet xenotransplantation: limited efficacy of interleukin-2- and tumor necrosis factor-alpha-blockade in interferon-gamma receptor-deficient mice. Xenotransplantation. 2000;7:206-13 pubmed..Nevertheless, in a majority of animals, other cytokines eventually substitute for the lack of IFN-gamma, TNF-alpha and interleukin-2. ..
- Aspenstrom P, Fransson A, Saras J. Rho GTPases have diverse effects on the organization of the actin filament system. Biochem J. 2004;377:327-37 pubmed..Collectively, the data obtained in this study to some extent confirm earlier observations, but also allow the identification of previously undetected roles of the different members of the Rho GTPases. ..
- Wolffs P, Norling B, Radstrom P. Risk assessment of false-positive quantitative real-time PCR results in food, due to detection of DNA originating from dead cells. J Microbiol Methods. 2005;60:315-23 pubmed..This indicates that by using of floatation as a sample treatment step prior to qPCR, the risk of false-positive PCR results due to detection of dead cells, can be minimized. ..
- Al Soud W, Ouis I, Li D, Ljungh S, Wadstrom T. Characterization of the PCR inhibitory effect of bile to optimize real-time PCR detection of Helicobacter species. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2005;44:177-82 pubmed..Therefore, a pre-PCR treatment based on dilution and heating of bile, adding casein and formamide to the reaction mixture of rTth DNA polymerase was found efficient to amplify DNA directly in bile. ..
- Ermund A, Meiss L, Rodríguez Piñeiro A, Bähr A, Nilsson H, Trillo Muyo S, et al. The normal trachea is cleaned by MUC5B mucin bundles from the submucosal glands coated with the MUC5AC mucin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;492:331-337 pubmed publisher..Normal clearance of the respiratory tree of pigs and humans, both rich in submucosal glands, is performed by thick and long mucus bundles. ..
- Lindblom G, Johny M, Khalil K, Mazhar K, Ruiz Palacios G, Kaijser B. Enterotoxigenicity and frequency of Campylobacter jejuni, C. coli and C. laridis in human and animal stool isolates from different countries. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1990;54:163-7 pubmed..001). We conclude that C. jejuni are more often enterotoxigenic and possibly more virulent than c. coli and C. laridis. The relative frequency of C. jejuni and C. coli in humans and animals differs from one country to another. ..
- Miclescu A, Basu S, Wiklund L. Cardio-cerebral and metabolic effects of methylene blue in hypertonic sodium lactate during experimental cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Resuscitation. 2007;75:88-97 pubmed..The neuroprotective effects did not differ. ..
- Diswall M, Angstrom J, Karlsson H, Phelps C, Ayares D, Teneberg S, et al. Structural characterization of alpha1,3-galactosyltransferase knockout pig heart and kidney glycolipids and their reactivity with human and baboon antibodies. Xenotransplantation. 2010;17:48-60 pubmed publisher..Baboon and human serum antibodies showed a different reactivity pattern to pig glycolipid antigens indicating that non-human primates have limitations as a human pre-clinical model for immune rejection studies. ..
- Vogel K, Karltun J, Eklund J, Engkvist I. Improving meat cutters' work: changes and effects following an intervention. Appl Ergon. 2013;44:996-1003 pubmed publisher..The questionnaire showed a reduction in perceived physical work load. In general, the changes were perceived positively. Figures from the company showed a positive trend for injuries and sick leave. ..
- Aspenstrom P. The mammalian verprolin homologue WIRE participates in receptor-mediated endocytosis and regulation of the actin filament system by distinct mechanisms. Exp Cell Res. 2004;298:485-98 pubmed..Moreover, WIRE was more efficient than WIP in inhibiting the receptor endocytosis, implicating that these two mammalian verprolins have distinct roles in mammalian cells. ..
- Osterberg J, Vågsholm I, Boqvist S, Lewerin S. Feed-borne outbreak of Salmonella cubana in Swedish pig farms: risk factors and factors affecting the restriction period in infected farms. Acta Vet Scand. 2006;47:13-21 pubmed..This study is unique as it investigates a real outbreak of feed-borne salmonella, where the source of infection was reliably identified, the period of exposure could be defined and data were collected from all exposed farms. ..
- Bodin A, Concaro S, Brittberg M, Gatenholm P. Bacterial cellulose as a potential meniscus implant. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2007;1:406-8 pubmed..The combination of the facts that BC is inexpensive, can be produced in a meniscus shape, and promotes cell migration makes it an attractive material for consideration as a meniscus implant. ..
- Olmarker K, Stromberg J, Blomquist J, Zachrisson P, Nannmark U, Nordborg C, et al. Chondroitinase ABC (pharmaceutical grade) for chemonucleolysis. Functional and structural evaluation after local application on intraspinal nerve structures and blood vessels. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1996;21:1952-6 pubmed..Such adhesions may be related to the laminectomy per se, and probably have no pathophysiologic significance. ..
- Ledin J, Staatz W, Li J, Götte M, Selleck S, Kjellen L, et al. Heparan sulfate structure in mice with genetically modified heparan sulfate production. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:42732-41 pubmed..4) NDST-2, although generally expressed, does not contribute significantly to tissue-specific HS structures. 5) No change in HS structure could be detected in syndecan-1-deficient mice. ..
- Brandt Y, Lang A, Madej A, Rodriguez Martinez H, Einarsson S. Impact of ACTH administration on the oviductal sperm reservoir in sows: the local endocrine environment and distribution of spermatozoa. Anim Reprod Sci. 2006;92:107-22 pubmed..However, ACTH-injections appeared to augment transport of spermatozoa through the female genital tract of pigs. ..
- Nordmark J, Enblad P, Rubertsson S. Cerebral energy failure following experimental cardiac arrest Hypothermia treatment reduces secondary lactate/pyruvate-ratio increase. Resuscitation. 2009;80:573-9 pubmed publisher..Cerebral oxygen extraction, measured by SjO(2,) was increased in the hypothermic group probably due to reduced metabolism. Rewarming did not reveal any obvious harmful events. ..
- Belikov S, Astrand C, Wrange O. FoxA1 binding directs chromatin structure and the functional response of a glucocorticoid receptor-regulated promoter. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:5413-25 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the alternative nucleosome arrangement induced by GR and FoxA1 implies this to be determined by constitutive binding of transcription factors rather than by the DNA sequence itself. ..
- Fedulova N, Raffalli Mathieu F, Mannervik B. Porcine glutathione transferase Alpha 2-2 is a human GST A3-3 analogue that catalyses steroid double-bond isomerization. Biochem J. 2010;431:159-67 pubmed publisher..The properties of the novel porcine enzyme lend support to the notion that particular GSTs play an important role in steroidogenesis...
- Postlind H, Axen E, Bergman T, Wikvall K. Cloning, structure, and expression of a cDNA encoding vitamin D3 25-hydroxylase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;241:491-7 pubmed..Northern blot analysis showed that the mRNA for vitamin D3 25-hydroxylase is found in liver and kidney. ..
- Sylvin H, Matvienko O, Leonchiks A, Alving K, van der Ploeg I. Molecular cloning, expression, and purification of pig interleukin-5. Immunogenetics. 2000;51:59-64 pubmed..Pig IL-5 shows 65% amino acid identity to the human IL-5 sequence and 90, 88, 83, 62, and 61% identity to the cow, sheep, horse, mouse, and rat counterparts. ..
- Eriksen G, Pettersson H, Johnsen K, Lindberg J. Transformation of trichothecenes in ileal digesta and faeces from pigs. Arch Tierernahr. 2002;56:263-74 pubmed..The results show that the intestinal de-epoxidation ability is common at pig farms in the Uppsala area, and that the ability may be transferred between pigs in a stock. ..
- Floren A, Sollenberg U, Lundström L, Zorko M, Stojan J, Budihna M, et al. Multiple interaction sites of galnon trigger its biological effects. Neuropeptides. 2005;39:547-58 pubmed..We conclude that galnon has multiple sites of interaction within the GPCR signaling cascade which mediate its physiological effects. ..
- Strandberg K, Palmberg L, Larsson K. Effect of formoterol and salmeterol on IL-6 and IL-8 release in airway epithelial cells. Respir Med. 2007;101:1132-9 pubmed..The results indicate different mechanisms of beta(2)-agonist action in bronchial and alveolar epithelial cells. Furthermore, our results indicate that A549 cells do not possess functional beta(2)-adrenoceptors. ..
- Zamaratskaia G, Rydhmer L, Andersson H, Chen G, Lowagie S, Andersson K, et al. Long-term effect of vaccination against gonadotropin-releasing hormone, using Improvac, on hormonal profile and behaviour of male pigs. Anim Reprod Sci. 2008;108:37-48 pubmed..It shows that Improvac may have an extended effect compared with that currently implied by the directions for use. ..
- Mykén P, Bech Hansen O. A 20-year experience of 1712 patients with the Biocor porcine bioprosthesis. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;137:76-81 pubmed publisher..6% and 88.0% +/- 8.1%, respectively. The 20-year data confirm the excellent valve durability reported at the 17-year follow-up after both aortic valve replacement and mitral valve replacement using the Biocor porcine bioprosthesis. ..
- Tullberg C, Larsson K, Carlsson N, Comi I, Scheers N, Vegarud G, et al. Formation of reactive aldehydes (MDA, HHE, HNE) during the digestion of cod liver oil: comparison of human and porcine in vitro digestion models. Food Funct. 2016;7:1401-12 pubmed publisher..In all models, FFA release was only detected during the intestinal step, and reached up to 31% of total fatty acids (FA). The findings in this work may be of importance when designing oxidation oriented lipid digestion studies. ..
- Andersson P, Gidl f O, Braun O, G tberg M, Van der Pals J, Olde B, et al. Plasma levels of liver-specific miR-122 is massively increased in a porcine cardiogenic shock model and attenuated by hypothermia. Shock. 2012;37:234-8 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that liver-specific miR-122 is released into the circulation in the setting of cardiogenic shock and that therapeutic hypothermia significantly reduces the levels of miR-122...
- Jacobson M, Bornstein S, Palmer E, Wallgren P. Elimination of Sarcoptes scabiei in pig herds by single or double administrations of an avermectin. Acta Vet Scand. 2000;41:227-35 pubmed..It is possible to eliminate S. scabiei from a herd with one single injection of doramectin. Precautions must be taken to ensure that all animals get a correct dose and that the drug is properly administered...
- Liden J, Ek A, Palmberg L, Okret S, Larsson K. Organic dust activates NF-kappaB in lung epithelial cells. Respir Med. 2003;97:882-92 pubmed..In conclusion, by interference at various levels we have shown that NF-kappaB plays a key role in the inflammatory response to organic dust. ..
- Gustafsdottir S, Wennström S, Fredriksson S, Schallmeiner E, Hamilton A, Sebti S, et al. Use of proximity ligation to screen for inhibitors of interactions between vascular endothelial growth factor A and its receptors. Clin Chem. 2008;54:1218-25 pubmed publisher..The assay may prove useful for parallel analyses of large numbers of samples in the screening of inhibitor libraries for promising agents. The technique provides dose-response curves, allowing IC(50) values to be calculated. ..
- Einarsson S, Andersson K, Wallgren M, Lundstrom K, Rodriguez Martinez H. Short- and long-term effects of immunization against gonadotropin-releasing hormone, using Improvac, on sexual maturity, reproductive organs and sperm morphology in male pigs. Theriogenology. 2009;71:302-10 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that the effect of immunization persisted for at least 22 weeks after the second vaccination. ..
- Fagerberg A, Stenqvist O, Aneman A. Electrical impedance tomography applied to assess matching of pulmonary ventilation and perfusion in a porcine experimental model. Crit Care. 2009;13:R34 pubmed publisher..63 [regression coefficient]) and venous admixture (r2 = 0.48), respectively, and the global ZV/ZQ ratio. EIT may be used to monitor the distribution of pulmonary ventilation and perfusion making detailed studies of V/Q matching possible. ..
- Blomström A, Belak S, Fossum C, McKillen J, Allan G, Wallgren P, et al. Detection of a novel porcine boca-like virus in the background of porcine circovirus type 2 induced postweaning multisystemic wasting syndrome. Virus Res. 2009;146:125-9 pubmed publisher..By comparative analysis of the nucleotide sequences and phylogenetic studies we propose that this is a novel porcine parvovirus, with genetic relationship to bocaviruses. ..
- Falkenberg C, Hallhagen S, Nilsson K, Nilsson B, Ostman Smith I. A study of the physiological consequences of sympathetic denervation of the heart caused by the arterial switch procedure. Cardiol Young. 2010;20:150-8 pubmed publisher..A combination of increased intrinsic heart rate, increased sensitivity to chronotropic actions of norepinephrine, and a decreased maximal coronary flow creates potential for a mismatch between perfusion and energy demands. ..
- Liu H, Lundh T, Dicksved J, Lindberg J. Expression of heat shock protein 27 in gut tissue of growing pigs fed diets without and with inclusion of chicory fiber. J Anim Sci. 2012;90 Suppl 4:25-7 pubmed publisher..These indicate that Hsp27 expression in the porcine gut could be associated with specific dietary fiber components but not the overall microbiota diversity. ..
- Kalayou S, Granum C, Berntsen H, Groseth P, Verhaegen S, Connolly L, et al. Label-free based quantitative proteomics analysis of primary neonatal porcine Leydig cells exposed to the persistent contaminant 3-methylsulfonyl-DDE. J Proteomics. 2016;137:68-82 pubmed publisher..Further identification and characterization of these proteins and pathways may build our understanding to the molecular basis of 3-MeSO2-DDE induced endocrine disruption in Leydig cells. ..
- Oltean M, Jiga L, Hellstrom M, Söfteland J, Papurica M, Hoinoiu T, et al. A sequential assessment of the preservation injury in porcine intestines. J Surg Res. 2017;216:149-157 pubmed publisher..Important molecular alterations precede histologic changes during SCS of the porcine intestine and may be used as more sensitive injury markers than histologic changes in intestinal ischemia and transplantation. ..
- Benda B, Sandberg J, Holstad M, Korsgren O. T cells in islet-like cell cluster xenograft rejection: a study in the pig-to-mouse model. Transplantation. 1998;66:435-40 pubmed..Even if TNF-alpha is of importance to the developing process of ICC xenograft rejection, other cytokines, i.e., interferon-gamma, might efficiently substitute for the lack of TNF-alpha. ..
- Dixelius J, Makinen T, Wirzenius M, Karkkainen M, Wernstedt C, Alitalo K, et al. Ligand-induced vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-3 (VEGFR-3) heterodimerization with VEGFR-2 in primary lymphatic endothelial cells regulates tyrosine phosphorylation sites. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:40973-9 pubmed
- Lafitte G, Thuresson K, Soderman O. Mixtures of mucin and oppositely charged surfactant aggregates with varying charge density. Phase behavior, association, and dynamics. Langmuir. 2005;21:7097-104 pubmed
- Bäckdahl H, Helenius G, Bodin A, Nannmark U, Johansson B, Risberg B, et al. Mechanical properties of bacterial cellulose and interactions with smooth muscle cells. Biomaterials. 2006;27:2141-9 pubmed..SMC adhered to and proliferated on the BC pellicle; an ingrowth of up to 40 microm was seen after 2 weeks of culture. BC exhibit attractive properties for use in future TEBV. ..
- Jonasson R, Essen Gustavsson B, Jensen Waern M. Blood concentrations of amino acids, glucose and lactate during experimental swine dysentery. Res Vet Sci. 2007;82:323-31 pubmed..Glutamine, alanine and tyrosine levels show negative correlations with the numbers of neutrophils and monocytes. In conclusion, swine dysentery altered the blood concentrations of amino acids, but not of glucose or lactate. ..
- Sjölund M, Wallgren P. Field experience with two different vaccination strategies aiming to control infections with Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae in a fattening pig herd. Acta Vet Scand. 2010;52:23 pubmed publisher..This indicates that vaccinations together with intensified medical treatments of affected pigs could be useful in reducing the impact of A. pleuropneumoniae serotype 2 infections. ..
- Wallander C, Frössling J, Dórea F, Uggla A, Vågsholm I, Lundén A. Pasture is a risk factor for Toxoplasma gondii infection in fattening pigs. Vet Parasitol. 2016;224:27-32 pubmed publisher..gondii presence in products from pigs raised in organic systems with outdoor access. ..
- Jansson O, Zilling T, Walther B. Healing of colonic anastomoses: comparative experimental study of glued, manually sutured, and stapled anastomoses. Dis Colon Rectum. 1991;34:557-62 pubmed..0009 and 0.0054, respectively). There was an increase in the anastomotic circulation in all of the anastomoses, but no differences were seen between groups. The collagen concentration was independent of the technique used...
- Lundell K, Hansson R, Wikvall K. Cloning and expression of a pig liver taurochenodeoxycholic acid 6alpha-hydroxylase (CYP4A21): a novel member of the CYP4A subfamily. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:9606-12 pubmed
- Zhu H, Wang Z, Hansson H. Visualization of proliferating cells in the adult mammalian brain with the aid of ribonucleotide reductase. Brain Res. 2003;977:180-9 pubmed..The occurrence of processes at cell proliferation is elucidated. Further, the advocated approach does not require any pre-labeling, and can be carried out on fixed tissues. ..
- Boqvist S, Ho Thi V, Magnusson U. Annual variations in Leptospira seroprevalence among sows in southern Vietnam. Trop Anim Health Prod. 2005;37:443-9 pubmed..It is concluded that in regions where water is constantly abundant and where animals are exposed to the outdoor environment all year round there are highly significant variations in leptospiral seroprevalence over the year. ..
- Norrby M, Madsen M, Alexandersen C, Kindahl H, Madej A. Plasma concentrations of cortisol and PGF2alpha metabolite in Danish sows during mating, and intrauterine and conventional insemination. Acta Vet Scand. 2007;49:36 pubmed..Further investigation using different semen extenders or even different type of insemination catheters might be helpful in understanding the reason for an immediate increase of PG-metabolite after insemination but not after mating. ..
- Gottlow J, Dard M, Kjellson F, Obrecht M, Sennerby L. Evaluation of a new titanium-zirconium dental implant: a biomechanical and histological comparative study in the mini pig. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2012;14:538-45 pubmed publisher..This material may be suitable for thin implants and implant components exposed to high mechanical constraints...
- Klymiuk N, Seeliger F, Bohlooly Y M, Blutke A, Rudmann D, Wolf E. Tailored Pig Models for Preclinical Efficacy and Safety Testing of Targeted Therapies. Toxicol Pathol. 2016;44:346-57 pubmed publisher..In general, genetically tailored pig models have the potential to bridge the gap between proof-of-concept studies in rodents and clinical trials in patients, thus supporting translational medicine. ..
- Katona G, Wilmouth R, Wright P, Berglund G, Hajdu J, Neutze R, et al. X-ray structure of a serine protease acyl-enzyme complex at 0.95-A resolution. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:21962-70 pubmed
- Lipcsey M, Olovsson M, Larsson E, Einarsson R, Qadhr G, Sjölin J, et al. The brain is a source of S100B increase during endotoxemia in the pig. Anesth Analg. 2010;110:174-80 pubmed publisher..0047). Our results support the hypothesis that the brain is an important source of S100B in endotoxemia even though there may be other sources. These findings make S100B a candidate as a marker of cerebral dysfunction in septic shock. ..
- Amarger V, Nguyen M, Van Laere A, Braunschweig M, Nezer C, Georges M, et al. Comparative sequence analysis of the INS-IGF2-H19 gene cluster in pigs. Mamm Genome. 2002;13:388-98 pubmed..The high GC and CpG content were more pronounced in the pig than in the two other species. The results will facilitate the further characterization of this important QTL in the pig. ..
- Gong F, Jemth P, Escobar Galvis M, Vlodavsky I, Horner A, Lindahl U, et al. Processing of macromolecular heparin by heparanase. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:35152-8 pubmed..These findings strongly suggest that the intracellular processing of the heparin proteoglycan polysaccharide chains is catalyzed by heparanase, which primarily cleaves target structures distinct from the antithrombin-binding sequence. ..
- Razdan P, Tummaruk P, Kindahl H, Rodriguez Martinez H, Hultén F, Einarsson S. The impact of induced stress during days 13 and 14 of pregnancy on the composition of allantoic fluid and conceptus development in sows. Theriogenology. 2004;61:757-67 pubmed..It is, therefore, suggested that P4 influences the placenta size among food-deprived sows...
- Törnkvist A, Sjöberg P, Markides K, Bergquist J. Analysis of catecholamines and related substances using porous graphitic carbon as separation media in liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2004;801:323-9 pubmed..The developed strategy was applied for analysis of brain tissue, i.e. a substantia nigra (ns) sample. ..
- Jacobson M, Aspan A, Königsson M, Segerstad C, Wallgren P, Fellström C, et al. Routine diagnostics of Lawsonia intracellularis performed by PCR, serological and post mortem examination, with special emphasis on sample preparation methods for PCR. Vet Microbiol. 2004;102:189-201 pubmed..To determine the presence of the bacteria in a herd, serology or repeated faecal sampling for PCR from target animals, or both, should be used...
- Zoric M, Sjolund M, Persson M, Nilsson E, Lundeheim N, Wallgren P. Lameness in piglets. Abrasions in nursing piglets and transfer of protection towards infections with Streptococci from sow to offspring. J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health. 2004;51:278-84 pubmed..During the first 2 weeks of life somewhat lower median levels of serum antibodies were recorded among the piglets that were treated against arthritis (n = 8)...
- Råsbäck T, Fellström C, Bergsjø B, Cizek A, Collin K, Gunnarsson A, et al. Assessment of diagnostics and antimicrobial susceptibility testing of Brachyspira species using a ring test. Vet Microbiol. 2005;109:229-43 pubmed..The diversity of the results highlights the importance of ring tests for a high quality of diagnostics and antimicrobial susceptibility tests for Brachyspira spp. This is the first ring test described for Brachyspira spp...
- Eriste E, Norberg A, Nepomuceno D, Kuei C, Kamme F, Tran D, et al. A novel form of neurotensin post-translationally modified by arginylation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:35089-97 pubmed..We have shown that SK-N-SH neuroblastoma cells express NTR1 and NTR3 but not NTR2, suggesting that the Ca2+ mobilization elicited by R-NT is via NTR1. ..
- Hosseinpour F, Ellfolk M, Norlin M, Wikvall K. Phenobarbital suppresses vitamin D3 25-hydroxylase expression: a potential new mechanism for drug-induced osteomalacia. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:603-7 pubmed..A downregulation of 25-hydroxylation by phenobarbital may explain, at least in part, the increased risk of osteomalacia, bone loss, and fractures in long-term phenobarbital therapy...
- Ljungvall K, Veeramachaneni D, Hou M, Hultén F, Magnusson U. Morphology and morphometry of the reproductive organs in prepubertal and postpubertal male pigs exposed to di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate before puberty: Precocious development of bulbourethral glands. Theriogenology. 2008;70:984-91 pubmed publisher..05) in DEHP-treated boars. Collectively, these features indicate that adolescent exposure to DEHP induces precocious maturity of bulbourethral glands in pigs with persistent effects lasting into adulthood...
- Jansson D, Fellström C, Johansson K. Intestinal spirochetes isolated from wild-living jackdaws, hooded crows and rooks (genus Corvus): provisionally designated "Brachyspira corvi" sp. nov. Anaerobe. 2008;14:287-95 pubmed publisher..L gen. n. corvi, of a crow)...
- Jurek A, Amagasaki K, Gembarska A, Heldin C, Lennartsson J. Negative and positive regulation of MAPK phosphatase 3 controls platelet-derived growth factor-induced Erk activation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:4626-34 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, MKP3 is an important regulator of PDGF-induced Erk phosphorylation acting in both a rapid positive feed-forward and a later negative feed-back loop. ..
- Cai D, Yuan M, Jia Y, Liu H, Hu Y, Zhao R. Maternal gestational betaine supplementation-mediated suppression of hepatic cyclin D2 and presenilin1 gene in newborn piglets is associated with epigenetic regulation of the STAT3-dependent pathway. J Nutr Biochem. 2015;26:1622-31 pubmed publisher..These neonatal changes in cell cycle and proliferation regulation may lead to lower liver weight and hepatic DNA content at weaning. ..
- Axen E, Bergman T, Wikvall K. Purification and characterization of a vitamin D3 25-hydroxylase from pig liver microsomes. Biochem J. 1992;287 ( Pt 3):725-31 pubmed..The results of the present study show that the pig appears to be a representative species for evaluation of vitamin D3 hydroxylases in other mammals, including man. ..
- Fornstedt B, Bergh I, Rosengren E, Carlsson A. An improved HPLC-electrochemical detection method for measuring brain levels of 5-S-cysteinyldopamine, 5-S-cysteinyl-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine, and 5-S-cysteinyl-3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetic acid. J Neurochem. 1990;54:578-86 pubmed..The products generated during catechol autoxidation, including quinones and reduced forms of oxygen, are known to be potentially cytotoxic...
- Ito N, Wernstedt C, Engstrom U, Claesson Welsh L. Identification of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 tyrosine phosphorylation sites and binding of SH2 domain-containing molecules. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:23410-8 pubmed..These results indicate that a spectrum of already known as well as novel phosphotyrosine-binding molecules are involved in signal transduction by Flt-1. ..
- Sorby M, Sandstrom J, Ostman A. An extracellular ligand increases the specific activity of the receptor-like protein tyrosine phosphatase DEP-1. Oncogene. 2001;20:5219-24 pubmed..These experiments identify Matrigel as a source of DEP-1 agonist(s) and provide the first evidence for upregulation of the specific activity of receptor-like protein tyrosine phosphatases by extracellular ligands. ..
- Zhao Y, Kacskovics I, Zhao Z, Hammarstrom L. Presence of the di-leucine motif in the cytoplasmic tail of the pig FcRn alpha chain. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2003;96:229-33 pubmed
- Lundell K. The porcine taurochenodeoxycholic acid 6alpha-hydroxylase (CYP4A21) gene: evolution by gene duplication and gene conversion. Biochem J. 2004;378:1053-8 pubmed
- Lundell K, Wikvall K. Gene structure of pig sterol 12alpha-hydroxylase (CYP8B1) and expression in fetal liver: comparison with expression of taurochenodeoxycholic acid 6alpha-hydroxylase (CYP4A21). Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1634:86-96 pubmed..Both CYP8B1 and the key enzyme in hyocholic acid formation, taurochenodeoxycholic acid 6alpha-hydroxylase (CYP4A21), were found to be expressed in pig liver in a developmental-dependent but opposite fashion. ..