Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on swine in Sweden
Publications195 found, 100 shown here
- Olstorpe M, Lyberg K, Lindberg J, Schnürer J, Passoth V. Population diversity of yeasts and lactic acid bacteria in pig feed fermented with whey, wet wheat distillers' grains, or water at different temperatures. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2008;74:1696-703 pubmed publisher..plantarum started to proliferate. The present study demonstrates that the species composition in fermented pig feed may vary considerably, even if viable cell counts indicate stable microbial populations. ..
- Ahlstrom K, Biber B, Aberg A, Waldenstrom A, Ronquist G, Abrahamsson P, et al. Metabolic responses in ischemic myocardium after inhalation of carbon monoxide. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2009;53:1036-42 pubmed publisher..Further work is warranted to clarify the possible mechanistic role of energy metabolism for CO protection. ..
- Thörn H, Lundahl A, Schrickx J, Dickinson P, Lennernas H. Drug metabolism of CYP3A4, CYP2C9 and CYP2D6 substrates in pigs and humans. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2011;43:89-98 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study has increased the understanding of similarities and differences between pig and human biotransformation of drugs by providing new data for four different model compounds...
- Karlsson F, Svartström O, Belák K, Fellström C, Pringle M. Occurrence of Treponema spp. in porcine skin ulcers and gingiva. Vet Microbiol. 2013;165:402-9 pubmed publisher..are spread from mouth to ulcer. We conclude that Treponema spp. frequently occur in shoulder ulcers and ear necrosis in pigs, and suggest a possible infection route through biting and licking. ..
- Gudmundsson G, Magnusson K, Chowdhary B, Johansson M, Andersson L, Boman H. Structure of the gene for porcine peptide antibiotic PR-39, a cathelin gene family member: comparative mapping of the locus for the human peptide antibiotic FALL-39. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:7085-9 pubmed..The gene for the human peptide antibiotic FALL-39 (also a member of the cathelin family) was mapped to human chromosome 3, which is homologous to pig chromosome 13. ..
- Råsbäck T, Fellström C, Gunnarsson A, Aspan A. Comparison of culture and biochemical tests with PCR for detection of Brachyspira hyodysenteriae and Brachyspira pilosicoli. J Microbiol Methods. 2006;66:347-53 pubmed..CBT detected more B. hyodysenteriae isolates in the clinical samples than PCR, but fewer B. pilosicoli positive samples. An atypical strongly haemolytic isolate was detected only by CBT...
- Jonasson R, Andersson M, Råsbäck T, Johannisson A, Jensen Waern M. Immunological alterations during the clinical and recovery phases of experimental swine dysentery. J Med Microbiol. 2006;55:845-55 pubmed..Increased numbers of neutrophils, gammadelta T cells and specific antibodies were seen during the recovery period...
- Jacobson M, Fellström C, Jensen Waern M. Porcine proliferative enteropathy: an important disease with questions remaining to be solved. Vet J. 2010;184:264-8 pubmed publisher..In the development of effective measures to prevent the spread of the infection, increased knowledge of the transmission and persistence of the microorganism are crucial...
- Olmarker K, Holm S, Rosenqvist A, Rydevik B. Experimental nerve root compression. A model of acute, graded compression of the porcine cauda equina and an analysis of neural and vascular anatomy. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1991;16:61-9 pubmed..The porcine cauda equina would also be particularly suitable for chronic compression studies because any neurologic deficit acquired would be restricted to the tail. ..
- Nosrat C, Tomac A, Lindqvist E, Lindskog S, Humpel C, Stromberg I, et al. Cellular expression of GDNF mRNA suggests multiple functions inside and outside the nervous system. Cell Tissue Res. 1996;286:191-207 pubmed..We conclude that GDNF mRNA is expressed in many different cellular systems inside and outside the central nervous system during development, suggesting multiple functions of GDNF in the developing organism. ..
- Magnusson L, Tenling A, Lemoine R, Hogman M, Tyden H, Hedenstierna G. The safety of one, or repeated, vital capacity maneuvers during general anesthesia. Anesth Analg. 2000;91:702-7 pubmed..This maneuver, also called the vital capacity maneuver, can be used to relieve lung collapse which occurs in all patients during general anesthesia. ..
- Laan M, Palmberg L, Larsson K, Linden A. Free, soluble interleukin-17 protein during severe inflammation in human airways. Eur Respir J. 2002;19:534-7 pubmed..The significance of interleukin-17 in inflammatory airway diseases therefore deserves further evaluation. ..
- Kallin A, Demoulin J, Nishida K, Hirano T, Ronnstrand L, Heldin C. Gab1 contributes to cytoskeletal reorganization and chemotaxis in response to platelet-derived growth factor. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:17897-904 pubmed..In conclusion, Gab1 plays a selective role in the regulation of the mitogen-activated protein kinases Erk and p38 downstream of the PDGF beta-receptor, and contributes to cytoskeletal reorganization and chemotaxis in response to PDGF. ..
- Thisted Lambertz S, Danielsson Tham M. Identification and characterization of pathogenic Yersinia enterocolitica isolates by PCR and pulsed-field gel electrophoresis. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:3674-81 pubmed..The application of a multiplex PCR was shown to be an efficient tool for identification of pathogenic Y. enterocolitica isolates in naturally contaminated raw pork. ..
- Lindblad M, Lindmark H, Lambertz S, Lindqvist R. Microbiological baseline study of swine carcasses at Swedish slaughterhouses. J Food Prot. 2007;70:1790-7 pubmed..51 log CFU/cm2. These data may be useful for risk assessment purposes and can serve as a basis for risk management actions, such as the use of E. coli as an alternative indicator organism for process hygiene control. ..
- Zhu Y, Magnusson U, Fossum C, Berg M. Escherichia coli inoculation of porcine mammary glands affects local mRNA expression of Toll-like receptors and regulatory cytokines. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2008;125:182-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that development of coliform mastitis is associated with the level of local expression of regulatory cytokines in response to intramammary E. coli inoculation and infection. ..
- Karlsson L, Bergh N, Li L, Bissessar E, Bobrova I, Gross G, et al. Dose-dependent cardioprotection of enkephalin analogue Eribis peptide 94 and cardiac expression of opioid receptors in a porcine model of ischaemia and reperfusion. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012;674:378-83 pubmed publisher..In ischaemic/reperfused areas, an increased expression of mRNA for both receptors was observed, whereas only protein expression for the ? subtype was up-regulated. The ?-opioid receptor was not detected. ..
- Aminlashgari N, Höglund O, Borg N, Hakkarainen M. Degradation profile and preliminary clinical testing of a resorbable device for ligation of blood vessels. Acta Biomater. 2013;9:6898-904 pubmed publisher..The mechanical performance of the perforated band was followed for the first week of hydrolysis and the results suggest that sufficient strength is retained during the healing time of the blood vessels. ..
- Oltean M, Papurică M, Jiga L, Hoinoiu B, Glameanu C, Bresler A, et al. Optimal Solution Volume for Luminal Preservation: A Preclinical Study in Porcine Intestinal Preservation. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:532-5 pubmed publisher..This PEG solution protects the apical membrane and the tight-junction proteins but may favor water absorption and tissue (submucosal) edema, and luminal volumes >2 mL/cm may result in worse intestinal morphology. ..
- Thornell L, Holmbom B, Eriksson A, Reiz S, Marklund S, Naslund U. Enzyme and immunohistochemical assessment of myocardial damage after ischaemia and reperfusion in a closed-chest pig model. Histochemistry. 1992;98:341-53 pubmed
- Razi N, Lindahl U. Biosynthesis of heparin/heparan sulfate. The D-glucosaminyl 3-O-sulfotransferase reaction: target and inhibitor saccharides. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:11267-75 pubmed..It is proposed that the regulation of GlcN 3-O-sulfation during biosynthesis of heparin/heparan sulfate depends on the topological organization of the membrane-bound enzyme machinery in the intact cell...
- Alvarez Fernandez M, Barrett A, Gerhartz B, Dando P, Ni J, Abrahamson M. Inhibition of mammalian legumain by some cystatins is due to a novel second reactive site. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:19195-203 pubmed..5 nM) but >5,000-fold lower affinity for legumain (Ki >1,000 nM) than wild-type cystatin C. ..
- Wraith A, Tornsten A, Chardon P, Harbitz I, Chowdhary B, Andersson L, et al. Evolution of the neuropeptide Y receptor family: gene and chromosome duplications deduced from the cloning and mapping of the five receptor subtype genes in pig. Genome Res. 2000;10:302-10 pubmed..Thus, these gene families have expanded through large-scale duplications. The sequence comparisons show that the NPY receptor triplet NPY1R-NPY2R-NPY5R existed before these large-scale duplications. ..
- Johannisson A, Jonasson R, Dernfalk J, Jensen Waern M. Simultaneous detection of porcine proinflammatory cytokines using multiplex flow cytometry by the xMAP technology. Cytometry A. 2006;69:391-5 pubmed..No crossreactivity between reagents was found. Porcine proinflammatory cytokines can be detected utilizing this method with satisfactory detection limits, and no crossreaction between the reagents involved. ..
- Pettersson J, Mossberg A, Svanborg C. alpha-Lactalbumin species variation, HAMLET formation, and tumor cell death. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;345:260-70 pubmed..We conclude that structural variation of alpha-lactalbumins does not preclude the formation of HAMLET-like complexes and that natural HAMLET formation in casein was unique to human milk, which also showed the highest oleic acid content. ..
- Da J, Chen L, Hedenstierna G. Nitric oxide up-regulates the glucocorticoid receptor and blunts the inflammatory reaction in porcine endotoxin sepsis. Crit Care Med. 2007;35:26-32 pubmed..We suggest that up-regulation of glucocorticoid receptor expression by nitric oxide made steroid therapy more effective. ..
- Lindencrona U, Forssell Aronsson E, Nilsson M. Transport of free 211At and 125I- in thyroid epithelial cells: effects of anion channel blocker 4,4'-diisothiocyanostilbene-2,2'-disulfonic acid on apical efflux and cellular retention. Nucl Med Biol. 2007;34:523-30 pubmed..The results suggest that anion channel blockage is potentially useful to increase the absorbed dose from both (211)At and radioiodine in NIS-expressing tumours. ..
- Carlsson M, Lipcsey M, Larsson A, Tano E, Rubertsson S, Eriksson M, et al. Inflammatory and circulatory effects of the reduction of endotoxin concentration in established porcine endotoxemic shock--a model of endotoxin elimination. Crit Care Med. 2009;37:1031-e4 pubmed publisher..However, the effects were limited in relation to the magnitude of the endotoxin concentration reduction and the very early application of the antiendotoxin measure. ..
- Breimer M. Gal/non-Gal antigens in pig tissues and human non-Gal antibodies in the GalT-KO era. Xenotransplantation. 2011;18:215-28 pubmed publisher..Clinical trials are needed to evaluate the relevance of non-Gal antigens/antibodies and for the xenofield to advance. ..
- Lindgren Y, Lundeheim N, Boqvist S, Magnusson U. Reproductive performance in pigs reared under organic conditions compared with conventionally reared pigs. Acta Vet Scand. 2013;55:33 pubmed publisher..001). The reproductive performance was lower in the organic herds and the variation in reproductive performance among the organic herds was larger than among the conventional ones, suggesting options for improvement in the organic herds. ..
- Karlsson M, Oxberry S, Hampson D. Antimicrobial susceptibility testing of Australian isolates of Brachyspira hyodysenteriae using a new broth dilution method. Vet Microbiol. 2002;84:123-33 pubmed..Over all the isolates, and also amongst the isolates obtained from different years on the three farms, there was no trend for the susceptibility of the isolates to alter with time. ..
- Hosia W, Johansson J, Griffiths W. Hydrogen/deuterium exchange and aggregation of a polyvaline and a polyleucine alpha-helix investigated by matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization mass spectrometry. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2002;1:592-7 pubmed..The SP-C helix, but not the SP-C(Leu) helix, is thus in a metastable state, which may contribute to the recently observed tendency of SP-C and its precursor to misfold and aggregate in vivo. ..
- Wolffs P, Knutsson R, Norling B, Radstrom P. Rapid quantification of Yersinia enterocolitica in pork samples by a novel sample preparation method, flotation, prior to real-time PCR. J Clin Microbiol. 2004;42:1042-7 pubmed..enterocolitica DNA did not result in a positive PCR signal. This indicates that the risk of false-positive results due to detection of DNA originating from dead cells can be greatly reduced by using flotation prior to PCR. ..
- Engelsberg K, Johansson K, Ghosh F. Development of the embryonic porcine neuroretina in vitro. Ophthalmic Res. 2005;37:104-11 pubmed..The in vitro system for culturing of the full-thickness retina may be useful in experiments involving retinal transplantation. ..
- Larsson B, Kumlin M, Sundblad B, Larsson K, Dahlen S, Palmberg L. Effects of 5-lipoxygenase inhibitor zileuton on airway responses to inhaled swine house dust in healthy subjects. Respir Med. 2006;100:226-37 pubmed..The enhanced increase of neutrophils and IL-6 in peripheral blood in the zileuton group, suggests that inhibition of 5-lipoxygenase may have pro-inflammatory effects. ..
- Burvall K, Palmberg L, Larsson K. Organic dust-induced activation, adhesion to substrate and expression of intercellular adhesion molecules in THP-1 monocytes. Life Sci. 2007;80:1598-607 pubmed..The sustained adhesion to substrate indicates that organic dust from a swine confinement building may contain agents that prevent deactivation and detachment of the cells. ..
- Chen G, Bourneuf E, Marklund S, Zamaratskaia G, Madej A, Lundstrom K. Gene expression of 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase in relation to androstenone, testosterone, and estrone sulphate in gonadally intact male and castrated pigs. J Anim Sci. 2007;85:2457-63 pubmed..Another strong correlation was found between 3betaHSD and 17betaHSD gene expression in liver of the gonadally intact male pigs (r = 0.86; P < 0.01), possibly reflecting similar regulation mechanisms of these genes. ..
- Karlsson L, Grip L, Bissessar E, Bobrova I, Gustafsson T, Kavianipour M, et al. Opioid receptor agonist Eribis peptide 94 reduces infarct size in different porcine models for myocardial ischaemia and reperfusion. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;651:146-51 pubmed publisher..2±3.9% and group E 61.2±2.5% respectively, P<0.01). Phosphorylated eNOS Ser(1177) in relation to total eNOS was significantly increased in the group administered EP 94, indicating activation of nitric oxide production. ..
- Lovqvist A, Lundqvist H, Lubberink M, Tolmachev V, Carlsson J, Sundin A. Kinetics of 76Br-labeled anti-CEA antibodies in pigs; aspects of dosimetry and PET imaging properties. Med Phys. 1999;26:249-58 pubmed..The high energy beta+ spectrum in the 76Br decay had only minor effects on the resolution, but may decrease the quantification accuracy, especially in organs with a lower density such as a lung...
- Nordengrahn A, Svenda M, Moreno Lopez J, Bergvall A, Hernandez P, McNeilly F, et al. Development of a blocking ELISA for screening antibodies to porcine rubulavirus, La Piedad Michoacan Virus. J Vet Diagn Invest. 1999;11:319-23 pubmed..The blocking ELISA is considered the most suitable test for routine screening for antibodies against LPMV. ..
- Lewerin S, Skog L, Frössling J, Wahlström H. Geographical distribution of salmonella infected pig, cattle and sheep herds in Sweden 1993-2010. Acta Vet Scand. 2011;53:51 pubmed publisher..Analyses of data on salmonella infected herds revealed some spatial and temporal patterns for salmonella in cattle. However, despite using 18 years' of data, the number of infected herds was too low for any useful statistical analyses. ..
- Seef S, Jeppsson A. Is it a policy crisis or it is a health crisis? The Egyptian context--analysis of the Egyptian health policy for the H1N1 flu pandemic control. Pan Afr Med J. 2013;14:59 pubmed publisher..Although the current influenza has nothing whatsoever to do with pigs, the previous name of the epidemic was used as an argument to violate the rights of the Christian minority in Egypt. ..
- Funahashi H, Ekwall H, Kikuchi K, Rodriguez Martinez H. Transmission electron microscopy studies of the zona reaction in pig oocytes fertilized in vivo and in vitro. Reproduction. 2001;122:443-52 pubmed..Moreover, the ultrastructure of the outer and inner pig zonae pellucidae has a different network organization. ..
- Hasslung F, Wallgren P, Ladekjaer Hansen A, Bøtner A, Nielsen J, Wattrang E, et al. Experimental reproduction of postweaning multisystemic wasting syndrome (PMWS) in pigs in Sweden and Denmark with a Swedish isolate of porcine circovirus type 2. Vet Microbiol. 2005;106:49-60 pubmed..Thus, the pathogenicity of S-PCV2 was confirmed and a role for cytokines in the etiology of PMWS was indicated. ..
- Einarsson S, Brandt Y, Lundeheim N, Madej A. Stress and its influence on reproduction in pigs: a review. Acta Vet Scand. 2008;50:48 pubmed publisher..Most sensitive of the reproductive process are ovulation, expression of sexual behaviour and implantation of the embryo, since they are directly controlled by the neuroendocrine system. ..
- Salazar Anton F, Lindh J. Taenia solium: a two-dimensional Western blotting method combined with the use of an EST-library for the identification of immunogenic proteins recognized by sera from neurocysticercosis patients. Exp Parasitol. 2011;128:371-6 pubmed publisher..None of the antigens were recognized by negative control sera. Despite the limited number of serum samples evaluated in this study, the results indicate that Tsol-p27 might be a suitable candidate for diagnosis of human NCC. ..
- Gedeborg R, Rubertsson S, Wiklund L. Improved haemodynamics and restoration of spontaneous circulation with constant aortic occlusion during experimental cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Resuscitation. 1999;40:171-80 pubmed..It was also noted that epinephrine appears to augment the redistribution of blood flow caused by the aortic occlusion. ..
- Thomsson K, Karlsson N, Hansson G. Liquid chromatography-electrospray mass spectrometry as a tool for the analysis of sulfated oligosaccharides from mucin glycoproteins. J Chromatogr A. 1999;854:131-9 pubmed..The LC-ESI-MS approach should be a valuable tool for characterization of mucin glycosylation and alterations during pathological conditions. ..
- Bennet W, Björkland A, Sundberg B, Brandhorst D, Brendel M, Richards A, et al. Expression of complement regulatory proteins on islets of Langerhans: a comparison between human islets and islets isolated from normal and hDAF transgenic pigs. Transplantation. 2001;72:312-9 pubmed..We conclude that protection from complement-mediated lysis will be important in the context of intraportal pig-to-human islet transplantation, and expression of a human RCA on islet cells should be beneficial in this context. ..
- Rivera E, Hu S, Concha C. Ginseng and aluminium hydroxide act synergistically as vaccine adjuvants. Vaccine. 2003;21:1149-57 pubmed..The G-des adjuvanted vaccines induced significantly (P = 0.0011) higher titres of IgG2 antibodies compared with IgG1. ..
- Sjolund M, Zoric M, Persson M, Karlsson G, Wallgren P. Disease patterns and immune responses in the offspring to sows with high or low antibody levels to Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae serotype 2. Res Vet Sci. 2011;91:25-31 pubmed publisher..These piglets will also mount a higher antibody response when later infected, indicating a heritability of the humoral immune response...
- Cross M, Hodgkin M, Roberts S, Landgren E, Wakelam M, Claesson Welsh L. Tyrosine 766 in the fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 is required for FGF-stimulation of phospholipase C, phospholipase D, phospholipase A(2), phosphoinositide 3-kinase and cytoskeletal reorganisation in porcine aortic endothelial cells. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 4):643-51 pubmed..Furthermore, whilst tyrosine 766 was not required for a proliferative response, it was required for fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 mediated cytoskeletal reorganisation. ..
- Kaeoket K, Persson E, Dalin A. The influence of pre- and post-ovulatory insemination on sperm distribution in the oviduct, accessory sperm to the zona pellucida, fertilisation rate and embryo development in sows. Anim Reprod Sci. 2002;71:239-48 pubmed..In the late inseminated sows, fertilised oocytes and developed embryos were observed up to day 11 but no embryos were found at day 19. ..
- Malmsjo M, Ingemansson R, Martin R, Huddleston E. Negative-pressure wound therapy using gauze or open-cell polyurethane foam: similar early effects on pressure transduction and tissue contraction in an experimental porcine wound model. Wound Repair Regen. 2009;17:200-5 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present experimental study shows that gauze and foam are equally effective at delivering negative pressure and creating mechanical deformation of the wound. ..
- Tovedal T, Jonsson O, Zemgulis V, Myrdal G, Thelin S, Lennmyr F. Venous obstruction and cerebral perfusion during experimental cardiopulmonary bypass. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2010;11:561-6 pubmed publisher..Reduced SVC cannula flow may pass undetected during bicaval CPB, if SVC flow is not specifically monitored. ..
- Lennartsson J, HÃ¥kansson N, Wennergren U, Jonsson A. SpecNet: a spatial network algorithm that generates a wide range of specific structures. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42679 pubmed publisher..99. This novel algorithm can even create negative assortativity and managed to achieve assortativity values that spans over almost the entire theoretical range. ..
- Demoulin J, Seo J, Ekman S, Grapengiesser E, Hellman U, Ronnstrand L, et al. Ligand-induced recruitment of Na+/H+-exchanger regulatory factor to the PDGF (platelet-derived growth factor) receptor regulates actin cytoskeleton reorganization by PDGF. Biochem J. 2003;376:505-10 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest that the ligand-induced association of NHERF PDZ domain with the PDGF receptor tyrosine kinase controls the extent of cytoskeleton reorganization in response to PDGF. ..
- Zamaratskaia G, Gilmore W, Lundstrom K, Squires E. Effect of testicular steroids on catalytic activities of cytochrome P450 enzymes in porcine liver microsomes. Food Chem Toxicol. 2007;45:676-81 pubmed..Overall, our findings indicate that A and E2 have the potential to modify the catalytic activities of porcine CYP2E1 in vitro. However, the significance of this modification for skatole metabolism in vivo is questionable. ..
- Karlsson L, Zhou A, Larsson E, Astrom Olsson K, Månsson C, Akyürek L, et al. Cyclosporine does not reduce myocardial infarct size in a porcine ischemia-reperfusion model. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2010;15:182-9 pubmed publisher..02). Thus, CsA did not protect against I/R injury in this porcine model. The data suggest a possible deleterious interaction of CsA and isoflurane. ..
- Lundkvist J, Land T, Kahl U, Bedecs K, Bartfai T. cDNA sequence, ligand biding, and regulation of galanin/GMAP in mouse brain. Neurosci Lett. 1995;200:121-4 pubmed..Neither does a subchronic glucocorticoid treatment (dexamethasone, 0.5 mg/kg i.p. for 7 days) affect these mRNA levels. ..
- Araya Z, Hellman U, Hansson R. Characterisation of taurochenodeoxycholic acid 6 alpha-hydroxylase from pig liver microsomes. Eur J Biochem. 1995;231:855-61 pubmed
- Furster C. Hepatic and extrahepatic dehydrogenation/isomerization of 5-cholestene-3 beta,7 alpha-diol: localization of 3 beta-hydroxy-delta 5-C27-steroid dehydrogenase in pig tissues and subcellular fractions. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1436:343-53 pubmed..It is concluded that 7 alpha-hydroxycholesterol is converted into 7 alpha-hydroxy-4-cholesten-3-one by the microsomal 3 beta-hydroxy-delta 5-C27-steroid dehydrogenase in liver and extrahepatic tissues. ..
- Lennartsson J, Wernstedt C, Engstrom U, Hellman U, Ronnstrand L. Identification of Tyr900 in the kinase domain of c-Kit as a Src-dependent phosphorylation site mediating interaction with c-Crk. Exp Cell Res. 2003;288:110-8 pubmed..Together these data support a model where c-Src phosphorylates the receptor, thereby creating docking sites for SH2 domain containing proteins, leading to recruitment of Crk to the receptor. ..
- Jastrebova N, Vanwildemeersch M, Lindahl U, Spillmann D. Heparan sulfate domain organization and sulfation modulate FGF-induced cell signaling. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:26842-51 pubmed publisher..These findings underpin the need for regulation of HS biosynthesis in relation to control of growth factor-induced signaling pathways. ..
- Muhl L, Folestad E, Gladh H, Wang Y, Moessinger C, Jakobsson L, et al. Neuropilin 1 binds PDGF-D and is a co-receptor in PDGF-D-PDGFR? signaling. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:1365-1378 pubmed publisher..In summary, we show that NRP1 can act as a co-receptor for PDGF-D-PDGFR? signaling and is possibly implicated in intercellular communication in the vascular wall. ..
- Mwanza A, Englund P, Pettersson A, Einarsson S. Oviductal isthmic motility patterns as monitored by polyview in unrestrained sows around ovulation. Anim Reprod Sci. 2000;62:309-20 pubmed
- Benda B, Lycke N, Holstad M, Korsgren O. Delayed type hypersensitivity-associated cytokines in islet xenotransplantation: limited efficacy of interleukin-2- and tumor necrosis factor-alpha-blockade in interferon-gamma receptor-deficient mice. Xenotransplantation. 2000;7:206-13 pubmed..Nevertheless, in a majority of animals, other cytokines eventually substitute for the lack of IFN-gamma, TNF-alpha and interleukin-2. ..
- Aspenstrom P, Fransson A, Saras J. Rho GTPases have diverse effects on the organization of the actin filament system. Biochem J. 2004;377:327-37 pubmed..Collectively, the data obtained in this study to some extent confirm earlier observations, but also allow the identification of previously undetected roles of the different members of the Rho GTPases. ..
- Wolffs P, Norling B, Radstrom P. Risk assessment of false-positive quantitative real-time PCR results in food, due to detection of DNA originating from dead cells. J Microbiol Methods. 2005;60:315-23 pubmed..This indicates that by using of floatation as a sample treatment step prior to qPCR, the risk of false-positive PCR results due to detection of dead cells, can be minimized. ..
- Al Soud W, Ouis I, Li D, Ljungh S, Wadstrom T. Characterization of the PCR inhibitory effect of bile to optimize real-time PCR detection of Helicobacter species. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2005;44:177-82 pubmed..Therefore, a pre-PCR treatment based on dilution and heating of bile, adding casein and formamide to the reaction mixture of rTth DNA polymerase was found efficient to amplify DNA directly in bile. ..
- Ermund A, Meiss L, Rodríguez Piñeiro A, Bähr A, Nilsson H, Trillo Muyo S, et al. The normal trachea is cleaned by MUC5B mucin bundles from the submucosal glands coated with the MUC5AC mucin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;492:331-337 pubmed publisher..Normal clearance of the respiratory tree of pigs and humans, both rich in submucosal glands, is performed by thick and long mucus bundles. ..
- Lindblom G, Johny M, Khalil K, Mazhar K, Ruiz Palacios G, Kaijser B. Enterotoxigenicity and frequency of Campylobacter jejuni, C. coli and C. laridis in human and animal stool isolates from different countries. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1990;54:163-7 pubmed..001). We conclude that C. jejuni are more often enterotoxigenic and possibly more virulent than c. coli and C. laridis. The relative frequency of C. jejuni and C. coli in humans and animals differs from one country to another. ..
- Miclescu A, Basu S, Wiklund L. Cardio-cerebral and metabolic effects of methylene blue in hypertonic sodium lactate during experimental cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Resuscitation. 2007;75:88-97 pubmed..The neuroprotective effects did not differ. ..
- Diswall M, Angstrom J, Karlsson H, Phelps C, Ayares D, Teneberg S, et al. Structural characterization of alpha1,3-galactosyltransferase knockout pig heart and kidney glycolipids and their reactivity with human and baboon antibodies. Xenotransplantation. 2010;17:48-60 pubmed publisher..Baboon and human serum antibodies showed a different reactivity pattern to pig glycolipid antigens indicating that non-human primates have limitations as a human pre-clinical model for immune rejection studies. ..
- Vogel K, Karltun J, Eklund J, Engkvist I. Improving meat cutters' work: changes and effects following an intervention. Appl Ergon. 2013;44:996-1003 pubmed publisher..The questionnaire showed a reduction in perceived physical work load. In general, the changes were perceived positively. Figures from the company showed a positive trend for injuries and sick leave. ..
- Aspenstrom P. The mammalian verprolin homologue WIRE participates in receptor-mediated endocytosis and regulation of the actin filament system by distinct mechanisms. Exp Cell Res. 2004;298:485-98 pubmed..Moreover, WIRE was more efficient than WIP in inhibiting the receptor endocytosis, implicating that these two mammalian verprolins have distinct roles in mammalian cells. ..
- Osterberg J, Vågsholm I, Boqvist S, Lewerin S. Feed-borne outbreak of Salmonella cubana in Swedish pig farms: risk factors and factors affecting the restriction period in infected farms. Acta Vet Scand. 2006;47:13-21 pubmed..This study is unique as it investigates a real outbreak of feed-borne salmonella, where the source of infection was reliably identified, the period of exposure could be defined and data were collected from all exposed farms. ..
- Bodin A, Concaro S, Brittberg M, Gatenholm P. Bacterial cellulose as a potential meniscus implant. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2007;1:406-8 pubmed..The combination of the facts that BC is inexpensive, can be produced in a meniscus shape, and promotes cell migration makes it an attractive material for consideration as a meniscus implant. ..
- Olmarker K, Stromberg J, Blomquist J, Zachrisson P, Nannmark U, Nordborg C, et al. Chondroitinase ABC (pharmaceutical grade) for chemonucleolysis. Functional and structural evaluation after local application on intraspinal nerve structures and blood vessels. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1996;21:1952-6 pubmed..Such adhesions may be related to the laminectomy per se, and probably have no pathophysiologic significance. ..
- Ledin J, Staatz W, Li J, Götte M, Selleck S, Kjellen L, et al. Heparan sulfate structure in mice with genetically modified heparan sulfate production. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:42732-41 pubmed..4) NDST-2, although generally expressed, does not contribute significantly to tissue-specific HS structures. 5) No change in HS structure could be detected in syndecan-1-deficient mice. ..
- Brandt Y, Lang A, Madej A, Rodriguez Martinez H, Einarsson S. Impact of ACTH administration on the oviductal sperm reservoir in sows: the local endocrine environment and distribution of spermatozoa. Anim Reprod Sci. 2006;92:107-22 pubmed..However, ACTH-injections appeared to augment transport of spermatozoa through the female genital tract of pigs. ..
- Nordmark J, Enblad P, Rubertsson S. Cerebral energy failure following experimental cardiac arrest Hypothermia treatment reduces secondary lactate/pyruvate-ratio increase. Resuscitation. 2009;80:573-9 pubmed publisher..Cerebral oxygen extraction, measured by SjO(2,) was increased in the hypothermic group probably due to reduced metabolism. Rewarming did not reveal any obvious harmful events. ..
- Belikov S, Astrand C, Wrange O. FoxA1 binding directs chromatin structure and the functional response of a glucocorticoid receptor-regulated promoter. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:5413-25 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the alternative nucleosome arrangement induced by GR and FoxA1 implies this to be determined by constitutive binding of transcription factors rather than by the DNA sequence itself. ..
- Fedulova N, Raffalli Mathieu F, Mannervik B. Porcine glutathione transferase Alpha 2-2 is a human GST A3-3 analogue that catalyses steroid double-bond isomerization. Biochem J. 2010;431:159-67 pubmed publisher..The properties of the novel porcine enzyme lend support to the notion that particular GSTs play an important role in steroidogenesis...
- Postlind H, Axen E, Bergman T, Wikvall K. Cloning, structure, and expression of a cDNA encoding vitamin D3 25-hydroxylase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;241:491-7 pubmed..Northern blot analysis showed that the mRNA for vitamin D3 25-hydroxylase is found in liver and kidney. ..
- Sylvin H, Matvienko O, Leonchiks A, Alving K, van der Ploeg I. Molecular cloning, expression, and purification of pig interleukin-5. Immunogenetics. 2000;51:59-64 pubmed..Pig IL-5 shows 65% amino acid identity to the human IL-5 sequence and 90, 88, 83, 62, and 61% identity to the cow, sheep, horse, mouse, and rat counterparts. ..
- Eriksen G, Pettersson H, Johnsen K, Lindberg J. Transformation of trichothecenes in ileal digesta and faeces from pigs. Arch Tierernahr. 2002;56:263-74 pubmed..The results show that the intestinal de-epoxidation ability is common at pig farms in the Uppsala area, and that the ability may be transferred between pigs in a stock. ..
- Floren A, Sollenberg U, Lundström L, Zorko M, Stojan J, Budihna M, et al. Multiple interaction sites of galnon trigger its biological effects. Neuropeptides. 2005;39:547-58 pubmed..We conclude that galnon has multiple sites of interaction within the GPCR signaling cascade which mediate its physiological effects. ..
- Strandberg K, Palmberg L, Larsson K. Effect of formoterol and salmeterol on IL-6 and IL-8 release in airway epithelial cells. Respir Med. 2007;101:1132-9 pubmed..The results indicate different mechanisms of beta(2)-agonist action in bronchial and alveolar epithelial cells. Furthermore, our results indicate that A549 cells do not possess functional beta(2)-adrenoceptors. ..