Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on superoxide dismutase in China
Topic: superoxide dismutase
Publications138 found, 100 shown here
- Jia J, Zhang L, Shi X, Wu M, Zhou X, Liu X, et al. SOD2 Mediates Amifostine-Induced Protection against Glutamate in PC12 Cells. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2016;2016:4202437 pubmed publisher..SOD2-siRNA, however, significantly reversed the amifostine-induced cytoprotective and antioxidative actions. SOD2 mediates amifostine-induced protection in PC12 cells exposed to glutamate. ..
- Wang Q, Chen Q, Ding Q, Yang Q, Peng Y, Lu Y, et al. Sevoflurane postconditioning attenuates spinal cord reperfusion injury through free radicals-mediated up-regulation of antioxidant enzymes in rabbits. J Surg Res. 2011;169:292-300 pubmed publisher..An initial oxidative stress, as a trigger to up-regulate the antioxidant enzyme activities, plays an important role in the protection of sevoflurane PostC against spinal cord reperfusion injury. ..
- Zhao C, Wang M, Siu C, Hou Y, Wang T, Tse H, et al. Myocardial dysfunction in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: role of endothelial progenitor cells and oxidative stress. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2012;11:147 pubmed publisher..LV global circumferential strain was independently associated with number of CD34+ EPCs and SOD. These findings suggest that myocardial dysfunction in patients with T2DM is related to depletion of EPCs and increased oxidative stress. ..
- Liu C, Gu Z, Zhou W, Guo C. Effect of Astragalus complanatus flavonoid on anti-liver fibrosis in rats. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:5782-6 pubmed..The antifibrotic mechanisms of ACF are associated with its influence on lipid peroxidation and collagen synthesis and degradation. ..
- Gao Q, Wu Y, Xu K, Gao H. [Responses of grafted eggplant seedling roots to low temperature stress]. Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao. 2006;17:390-4 pubmed..Grafting with stronger cold tolerance rootstock could improve eggplant root activity, and thus, its cold resistance markedly. ..
- Li Y, Bao J, Khatibi N, Chen L, Wang H, Duan Y, et al. Olfactory ensheathing cell transplantation into spinal cord prolongs the survival of mutant SOD1(G93A) ALS rats through neuroprotection and remyelination. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2011;294:847-57 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the transplanted OECs could serve as a source of neuroprotection and remyelination to modify the ALS microenvironment. ..
- An Y, Hao W, Gong C, Han R, Liang Z. [Effects of drying and re-watering on the photosynthesis and active oxygen metabolism of Periploca sepium seedlings]. Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao. 2010;21:3047-55 pubmed..sepium to drought environment. It was the cooperation and coordination among plant organs that made P. sepium more adaptive to the repeated drying and wetting conditions in drought-prone regions. ..
- Lee W, Xu M, Li Y, Gu Y, Chen J, Wong D, et al. Free cholesterol accumulation impairs antioxidant activities and aggravates apoptotic cell death in menadione-induced oxidative injury. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2011;514:57-67 pubmed publisher..Moreover, FC abundance promoted apoptotic cell death in these cells. Taken together, those results suggest that free cholesterol accumulation aggravates menadione-induced oxidative stress and exacerbates apoptotic cell death. ..
- Li D, Zhou D. Acclimation of wheat to low-level cadmium or zinc generates its resistance to cadmium toxicity. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2012;79:264-271 pubmed publisher..This study for the first time suggests that the acclimation of plant to low-level metal affects the accumulation and the toxicity of metal in plant. ..
- Zhou F, Zhong W, Xue J, Gu Z, Xie M. Reduction of rat cardiac hypertrophy by osthol is related to regulation of cardiac oxidative stress and lipid metabolism. Lipids. 2012;47:987-94 pubmed
- Wang H, Jia Y, Gao P, Cheng Y, Cheng M, Lu C, et al. Synthesis, radioprotective activity and pharmacokinetics characteristic of a new stable nitronyl nitroxyl radical-NIT2011. Biochimie. 2013;95:1574-81 pubmed publisher..5% in mice. The LD50 of NIT2011 was 1510 mg/kg in mice by oral administration. Thus, NIT2011 has potential in being developed as an oral dosage form, safe and effective radioprotective agent. ..
- Yang X, Zhao Y, Lv Y, Yang Y, Ruan Y. Protective effect of polysaccharide fractions from Radix A. sinensis against tert-butylhydroperoxide induced oxidative injury in murine peritoneal macrophages. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;40:928-35 pubmed..Furthermore, we found for the first time that the bound-protein in APF3 was associated closely with the protective effects and the polysaccharide inhibited the excess NO release from t-BHP-activated macrophages to protect host cells. ..
- Xiang Q, Liu Z, Wang Y, Xiao H, Wu W, Xiao C, et al. Carnosic acid attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced liver injury in rats via fortifying cellular antioxidant defense system. Food Chem Toxicol. 2013;53:1-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study suggests that CA successfully and dose dependently attenuates LPS-induced hepatotoxicity possibly by preventing cytotoxic effects of oxygen free radicals, NO and cytokines. ..
- Xie W, Ren M, Li L, Zhu Y, Chu Z, Zhu Z, et al. Perinatal testosterone exposure potentiates vascular dysfunction by ER? suppression in endothelial progenitor cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182945 pubmed publisher..We conclude that perinatal testosterone exposure potentiates vascular dysfunction through ER? suppression in EPCs. ..
- Dai Z, Wu W, Kang H, Kang W, Ma X, Zhang S, et al. Protective effects of Scutellaria barbata against rat liver tumorigenesis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:261-5 pubmed..05). Content of MDA determined in liver was significantly decreased, and level of SOD elevated by CE-SB. CE-SB can inhibit experimental liver tumorigenesis and relieve hepatic injury in rats. ..
- Yang X, Zhao Y, Zhou Y, Lv Y, Mao J, Zhao P. Component and antioxidant properties of polysaccharide fractions isolated from Angelica sinensis (OLIV.) DIELS. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:1884-90 pubmed..Furthermore, it was found that APFs (100 microg/ml) could protect macrophages by inhibiting the release of excess NO and reactive oxygen species (ROS) induced by high concentrations of H(2)O(2) (0.8-1.6 mM). ..
- Li N, Shen X, Liu Y, Zhang J, He Y, Liu Q, et al. Isolation, characterization, and radiation protection of Sipunculus nudus L. polysaccharide. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;83:288-96 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that SNP possesses marked antioxidant and bone marrow damage protection capacity which play important roles in the prevention of radiation damage. ..
- Li B, Ma Y, Zhang Y. Oxidative stress and hepatotoxicity in the frog, Rana chensinensis, when exposed to low doses of trichlorfon. J Environ Sci Health B. 2017;52:476-482 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that low doses of trichlorfon could induce oxidative stress, lipid peroxidation, and hepatic lesions in frogs, which shows that even lower, non-lethal doses of trichlorfon are potentially toxic to amphibians. ..
- Wang H, Ying Z, Wang G. Ataxin-3 regulates aggresome formation of copper-zinc superoxide dismutase (SOD1) by editing K63-linked polyubiquitin chains. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:28576-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data suggest that the sequestration of misfolded SOD1 into aggresomes, which is driven by ataxin-3, plays an important role in attenuating protein misfolding-induced cell toxicity. ..
- Feng L, Wu H, Song G, Lu C, Li Y, Qu L, et al. Chronical sleep interruption-induced cognitive decline assessed by a metabolomics method. Behav Brain Res. 2016;302:60-8 pubmed publisher..These results showed that CSI can damage the cognitive performance notably. The cognitive decline may ascribe to excessive oxidative stress and a series of disturbed metabolic pathways. ..
- Chiu P, Leung H, Siu A, Chen N, Poon M, Ko K. Long-term treatment with a Yang-invigorating Chinese herbal formula produces generalized tissue protection against oxidative damage in rats. Rejuvenation Res. 2008;11:43-62 pubmed..The generalized tissue protection afforded by long-term VI-28 treatment may have clinical implications in the prevention of age-related diseases, and VI-28 treatment may possibly delay the aging process. ..
- Jin F, Cheng D, Tao J, Zhang S, Pang R, Guo Y, et al. Anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative effects of corilagin in a rat model of acute cholestasis. BMC Gastroenterol. 2013;13:79 pubmed publisher..05 or P<0.01). It is shown that corilagin is a potential component to relieve cholestasis through inflammation-related and oxidation-related pathway. ..
- Yin G, Cao L, Xu P, Jeney G, Nakao M, Lu C. Hepatoprotective and antioxidant effects of Glycyrrhiza glabra extract against carbon tetrachloride (CCl(4))-induced hepatocyte damage in common carp (Cyprinus carpio). Fish Physiol Biochem. 2011;37:209-16 pubmed publisher..The results support the use of Glycyrrhiza glabra extract as a hepatoprotective and antioxidant agent in fish...
- Zhang L, Liu Z, Li X, Zhang P, Wang J, Zhu D, et al. Low long non-coding RNA HOTAIR expression is associated with down-regulation of Nrf2 in the spermatozoa of patients with asthenozoospermia or oligoasthenozoospermia. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14198-205 pubmed..Our data suggested the decrease of HOTAIR expression led to ROS related defects in sperm function. ..
- Li D, Gao J, Li Y, Lu J. A thermostable manganese-containing superoxide dismutase from the thermophilic fungus Thermomyces lanuginosus. Extremophiles. 2005;9:1-6 pubmed..It was thermostable at 50 and 60 degrees C and retained 55% activity after 60 min at 70 degrees C. The half-life of the SOD at 80 degrees C was approximately 28 min and even retained 20% activity after 20 min at 90 degrees C. ..
- Lv Y, Yang X, Huo Y, Tian H, Li S, Yin Y, et al. Adenovirus-mediated hepatocarcinoma-intestine-pancreas/pancreatitis-associated protein suppresses dextran sulfate sodium-induced acute ulcerative colitis in rats. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2012;18:1950-60 pubmed publisher..HIP/PAP might represent a new promising therapeutic strategy in UC. ..
- Wang P, Xu M, Liang Y, Wang H, Sun Y, Long D, et al. Subchronic toxicity of low dose propoxur, permethrin, and their combination on the redox status of rat liver. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;272:21-27 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results showed that PR induced prominent hepatotoxicity with subchronic exposure, and there is a potential antagonistic interaction between PR and PE on the oxidative damage in liver of rats. ..
- Wang L, Zhang Q, Hu X, Lun N, Wang B, Zhu F. Anti-endotoxic shock effects of cyproheptadine in rats. Chin Med J (Engl). 2002;115:443-5 pubmed..01], and inhibited TNF(alpha)-induced [Ca(2+)](i) elevation. Cyp exerts an anti-endotoxic shock effect by inhibiting TNF(alpha) gene expression, enhancing SOD activity, reducing lipid peroxidation, and preventing [Ca(2+)](i) overload. ..
- Liu C, Yu J, Zhang X, Fu W, Wang T, Han J. Acupuncture prevents cognitive deficits and oxidative stress in cerebral multi-infarction rats. Neurosci Lett. 2006;393:45-50 pubmed..The findings demonstrate that acupuncture can exert beneficial effects on spatial memory and antioxidant status of cerebral multi-infarction rats. ..
- Zhou D, Zhang J, Wang H. Assessment of the potential reproductive toxicity of long-term exposure of adult male rats to low-dose formaldehyde. Toxicol Ind Health. 2011;27:591-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the level of 0.5 mg/m³ can be considered as a safe level for FA exposure, but long-term FA exposure at a dose of 2.46 mg/m³ has a harmful effect on male reproduction by inducing oxidative stress in male rats. ..
- Zhang J, Lu S, Wang H, Zheng Q. Protective role of Aralia elata polysaccharide on mercury(II)-induced cardiovascular oxidative injury in rats. Int J Biol Macromol. 2013;59:301-4 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the present study demonstrates that alleviation of HgCl2-induced oxidative injury in rat by AEP-w1 contributes to better understanding of its beneficial effect against cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Li X, He D, Cheng X, Zhang L, Yu L, Li J. [Effects of components isolated from Astragalus mongholicus on expression of p-selectin in shock wave induced kidney injury in rabbit model]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2005;30:1606-9 pubmed..TSA is the main components of A. mongholicus in alleviating shock wave induced kidney injury not only by scavenging oxygen free radicals but also inhibiting the expression of p-selectin. ..
- Zhao H, Chai W, Gao W, Xu L, Zhang H, Yang Y. Hyperoxygenated solution: effects on acute hypobaric hypoxia-induced oxidative damage in rabbits. High Alt Med Biol. 2009;10:283-91 pubmed publisher..01) during HA exposure. These observations suggest that HOS intravenous infusion exerts protective effects against acute hypobaric hypoxia-induced oxidative damage. ..
- DU J, Zeng Y, Chen W, Cui J, Chen Q, Yang L, et al. [Cloning, expression and functional analysis of CuZnSOD gene in swine.]. Yi Chuan. 2010;32:1037-42 pubmed..In particular, high expression levels of CuZnSOD mRNA were detected in kidney, small intestine and lung, but low expressions were observed in heart and muscle tissues. ..
- Li Z, Shi Y, Le G, Ding Y, Zhao Q. 24-Week Exposure to Oxidized Tyrosine Induces Hepatic Fibrosis Involving Activation of the MAPK/TGF-Î²1 Signaling Pathway in Sprague-Dawley Rats Model. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2016;2016:3123294 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that O-Tyr may induce oxidative damage and hepatic fibrosis via MAPK/TGF-Î²1 signaling pathway, in which ROS together with malondialdehyde (MDA) and OPPs act as the pivotal mediators. ..
- He Y, Yang J, Li H, Shao H, Wei C, Wang Y, et al. Exogenous spermine ameliorates high glucose-induced cardiomyocytic apoptosis via decreasing reactive oxygen species accumulation through inhibiting p38/JNK and JAK2 pathways. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:15537-49 pubmed..Our findings may highlight a new therapeutic intervention for the prevention of diabetic cardiomyopathy. ..
- Hong F, Yang F, Liu C, Gao Q, Wan Z, Gu F, et al. Influences of nano-TiO2 on the chloroplast aging of spinach under light. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2005;104:249-60 pubmed
- Zhang H, Li J, Zhang C. [Study of the changes of acrosomal enzyme and nitric oxide synthase, superoxide dismutase of infertile patients with positive antisperm antibody in seminal plasma]. Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue. 2006;12:349-51 pubmed..01). It may be possible that the positive AsAb in seminal plasma beget infertility through the changes of acrosomal enzyme of spermatozoa, SOD and NOS activities in seminal plasma. ..
- Sun F, Xie M, Zhu L, Xue J, Gu Z. Inhibitory effect of osthole on alcohol-induced fatty liver in mice. Dig Liver Dis. 2009;41:127-33 pubmed publisher..Osthole could inhibit alcohol-induced fatty liver in mice, and the mechanism might be associated with its anti-oxidation and suppression of TNF-alpha production. ..
- Wang F, Liu X, Shi Z, Tong R, Adams C, Shi X. Arbuscular mycorrhizae alleviate negative effects of zinc oxide nanoparticle and zinc accumulation in maize plants--A soil microcosm experiment. Chemosphere. 2016;147:88-97 pubmed publisher..AMF may play beneficial roles in alleviating the negative effects and environmental risks posed by ZnO NPs in agroecosystems. ..
- Qiu Y, Du B, Xie F, Cai W, Liu Y, Li Y, et al. Vaccarin attenuates high glucose-induced human EA•hy926 endothelial cell injury through inhibition of Notch signaling. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:2143-50 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that vaccarin may be able to selectively protect the vascular endothelium from dysfunction induced by high glucose. ..
- Xie N, Zhang W, Li J, Liang H, Zhou H, Duan W, et al. ?-Linolenic acid intake attenuates myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury through anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative stress effects in diabetic but not normal rats. Arch Med Res. 2011;42:171-81 pubmed publisher..Chronic ALA intake confers cardioprotection in MI/R by exerting anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative stress effects in diabetic but not normal rats, which is possibly through PI3K-Akt-dependent mechanism. ..
- Rui D, Daojun C, Yongjian Y. Liver and heart toxicity due to 90-day oral exposure of ICR mice to N,N-dimethylformamide. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2011;31:357-63 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that the administration of DMF could induce liver and heart injuries and oxidative stress was involved in the toxic effects...
- Duan W, Yang Y, Yi W, Yan J, Liang Z, Wang N, et al. New role of JAK2/STAT3 signaling in endothelial cell oxidative stress injury and protective effect of melatonin. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57941 pubmed publisher..The protective effects of melatonin against OSI, at least partially, depend upon JAK2/STAT3 inhibition. ..
- Wang K, Wang Y, Qi Q, Zhang F, Zhang Y, Zhu X, et al. Inhibitory effects of S-allylmercaptocysteine against benzo(a)pyrene-induced precancerous carcinogenesis in human lung cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016;34:37-43 pubmed publisher..SAMC appears to be a novel therapeutic candidate for the prevention and treatment of B(a)P-induced human lung cancer. ..
- Ren X, Yu X, Gao B, Li J, Liu P. The immune responses and antioxidant status of Portunus trituberculatus individuals with different body weights. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;51:337-345 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that, compared with the SIs, the BIs possessed a higher resistance to V.Â alginolyticus infection. ..
- Hu S, Zhang W, Li J, Lin K, Ji R. Antioxidant and gene expression responses of Eisenia fetida following repeated exposure to BDE209 and Pb in a soil-earthworm system. Sci Total Environ. 2016;556:163-8 pubmed publisher..64). The observations could provide important information of ecotoxicological effects of BDE209-Pb in a soil-earthworm system as well as the mechanism of antioxidant defense. ..
- Cui Y, She K, Tian D, Zhang P, Xin X. miR-146a Inhibits Proliferation and Enhances Chemosensitivity in Epithelial Ovarian Cancer via Reduction of SOD2. Oncol Res. 2016;23:275-282 pubmed..The data demonstrate that the miR-146a/SOD2/ROS pathway may serve as a novel therapeutic target and prognostic marker in patients with EOC. ..
- Xue H, Gao G, Lin Q, Jin L, Xu Y. Protective effects of aucubin on H?O?-induced apoptosis in PC12 cells. Phytother Res. 2012;26:369-74 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that aucubin is a potential protective agent for the treatment of oxidative-stress-induced neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Liu X, Zhou L, Chen X, Liu T, Pan G, Cui W, et al. Culturing on decellularized extracellular matrix enhances antioxidant properties of human umbilical cord-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2016;61:437-48 pubmed publisher..Collectively, by providing sufficient cell amounts and enhancing antioxidant capacity, decellularized ECM can be a promising cell culture platform for in vitro expansion of UC-MSCs. ..
- He S, Luo J, Wang Y, Wang Y, Fu H, Xu J, et al. Effects of extract from Ginkgo biloba on carbon tetrachloride-induced liver injury in rats. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:3924-8 pubmed..05, P < 0.01). EGb resists oxidative stress and thereby reduces chronic liver injury and liver fibrosis in rats with liver injury induced by CCl(4). ..
- Gu Q, Feng T, Cao H, Tang Y, Ge X, Luo J, et al. HIV-TAT mediated protein transduction of Cu/Zn-superoxide dismutase-1 (SOD1) protects skin cells from ionizing radiation. Radiat Oncol. 2013;8:253 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate the protective role of HIV-TAT protein transduction domain mediated protein transduction of SOD1 (TAT-SOD1) against ionizing radiation...
- Wang Y, Dong Y, Wang J, Cui X. Alleviating effects of exogenous NO on tomato seedlings under combined Cu and Cd stress. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2016;23:4826-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that a different response and regulation mechanism that involves exogenous NO is present in tomato seedlings under Cu and Cd stress. ..
- Wei J, Yuan X, Zhang J, Wei J. Caspase activity and oxidative stress of granulosa cells are associated with the viability and developmental potential of vitrified immature oocytes. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2016;198:22-6 pubmed publisher..Genistein is superior to Z-VAD-FMK in improving the efficacy of immature oocyte vitrification. ..
- Yang Y, Zhang S, Fan C, Yi W, Jiang S, Di S, et al. Protective role of silent information regulator 1 against hepatic ischemia: effects on oxidative stress injury, inflammatory response, and MAPKs. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2016;20:519-31 pubmed publisher..The activation of SIRT1 significantly inhibits the oxidative stress and inflammatory response during hepatic IRI, which can be developed as a novel method to protect against hepatic IRI. ..
- Wan H, Zhu H, Tian M, Hu X, Yang J, Zhao C, et al. Protective effect of chuanxiongzine-puerarin in a rat model of transient middle cerebral artery occlusion-induced focal cerebral ischemia. Nucl Med Commun. 2008;29:1113-22 pubmed publisher..05). This study showed that chuanxiongzine-puerarin played an important protective role against cerebral ischemic reperfusion damage in a rat model. ..
- Zhang W, Bai M, Xi Y, Hao J, Liu L, Mao N, et al. Early memory deficits precede plaque deposition in APPswe/PS1dE9 mice: involvement of oxidative stress and cholinergic dysfunction. Free Radic Biol Med. 2012;52:1443-52 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that early antioxidant therapy and improving cholinergic function may be a promising strategy to prevent or delay the onset and progression of AD. ..
- Liu J, Wang Q, KaragiÄ‡ Ä, Liu X, Cui J, Gui J, et al. Effects of ultrasonication on increased germination and improved seedling growth of aged grass seeds of tall fescue and Russian wildrye. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22403 pubmed publisher..5 and 11.5 years, respectively, under natural conditions of storage. The physiological mechanisms that might contribute to the improved GP and GS were discussed. ..
- Zhou D, Wang H, Zhang J, Gao X, Zhao W, Zheng Y. Di-n-butyl phthalate (DBP) exposure induces oxidative damage in testes of adult rats. Syst Biol Reprod Med. 2010;56:413-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DBP alters the testicular structure and function, at least partly, by inducing oxidative stress in testes of adult rats. ..
- Sang H, Yuan N, Yao S, Li F, Wang J, Fang Y, et al. Inhibitory effect of the combination therapy of simvastatin and pinocembrin on atherosclerosis in ApoE-deficient mice. Lipids Health Dis. 2012;11:166 pubmed publisher..The combination of simvastatin and pinocembrin synergistically inhibited atherosclerotic lesion development in ApoE-/- mice with hyperlipidemia, which is partially dependent on the protective of vascular endothelium. ..
- Zhou Y, Yu J, Liu Y, Teng X, Ming M, Lv P, et al. Effects of Ginkgo biloba extract on inflammatory mediators (SOD, MDA, TNF-alpha, NF-kappaBp65, IL-6) in TNBS-induced colitis in rats. Mediators Inflamm. 2006;2006:92642 pubmed..We concluded that the probable mechanisms of EGB ameliorated inflammatory injury in TNBS-induced colitis in rats by its modulation of inflammatory mediators and antioxidation. ..
- Ding J, Zou H, Liu Q, Zhang S, Mamitiana Razanajatovo R. Bioconcentration of the antidepressant fluoxetine and its effects on the physiological and biochemical status in Daphnia magna. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;142:102-109 pubmed publisher..magna exposed to fluoxetine at the tested concentrations. These results indicate that fluoxetine can be accumulated and consequently induce physiological and biochemical perturbations in D. magna. ..
- Fashui H, Weiping S, Zhigang W, Mingliang Y, Jia Y, Jiajia L, et al. Effect of La(III) on the growth and aging of root of loquat plantlet in vitro. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2005;104:185-91 pubmed..There are important theory meaning and practical value in applying LaCl3 in the rooting medium to raise the rate of rooting and transplant for wood plant...
- Ko K, Chen N, Leung H, Leong E, Poon M, Chiu P. Long-term schisandrin B treatment mitigates age-related impairments in mitochondrial antioxidant status and functional ability in various tissues, and improves the survival of aging C57BL/6J mice. Biofactors. 2008;34:331-42 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, long-term Sch B supplementation mitigated age-dependent impairments in mitochondrial antioxidant capacity and functional ability, thereby retarding the aging process in mice, particularly during early aging. ..
- Yin G, Cao L, Xu P, Jeney G, Nakao M. Hepatoprotective and antioxidant effects of Hibiscus sabdariffa extract against carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatocyte damage in Cyprinus carpio. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2011;47:10-5 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that H. sabdariffa extract can be potentially used for preventing rather than curing liver diseases in fish. ..
- Wang P, Ye X, Liu R, Chen H, Liang X, Li W, et al. Mechanism of acute lung injury due to phosgene exposition and its protection by cafeic acid phenethyl ester in the rat. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2013;65:311-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, CAPE showed protective effects on lung against phosgene-induced ALI, which may be related with a combination of the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory functions of CAPE. ..
- Wang J, Zhang W, Sun D, Song L, Li Y, Xu C. Analysis of neuroglobin mRNA expression in rat brain due to arsenite-induced oxidative stress. Environ Toxicol. 2012;27:503-9 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that arsenite exposure for 16 weeks can lead to oxidative stress of blood and brain of rats. Ngb may play a protective role in cerebellum when oxidative stress occurs due to arsenite exposure. ..
- Wang W, Wang W, Azadzoi K, Dai P, Wang Q, Sun J, et al. Alu RNA accumulation in hyperglycemia augments oxidative stress and impairs eNOS and SOD2 expression in endothelial cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;426:91-100 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a novel regulatory mechanism that involves endogenous dsRNA in endothelial oxidative stress and dysfunction. ..
- Zou X, Li P, Lou J, Zhang H. Surface coating-modulated toxic responses to silver nanoparticles in Wolffia globosa. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;189:150-158 pubmed publisher..For ATP-nAg treatments, ATP would act as an exogenous energy source of plant metabolisms. Our findings demonstrate that surface coating regulates the physiological responses of plants to AgNPs through distinct mechanisms. ..
- Liu Y, Wang L, Li X, Lv C, Feng D, Luo Z. Tanshinone IIA improves impaired nerve functions in experimental diabetic rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;399:49-54 pubmed publisher..All the findings indicate the beneficial effect of tanshinone IIA on impaired nerve functions and raise the possibility of developing tanshinone IIA as a therapeutic agent for diabetic neuropathy. ..
- Wang Q, Su M, Zhu W, Li X, Jia Y, Guo P, et al. Growth inhibition of Microcystis aeruginosa by white-rot fungus Lopharia spadicea. Water Sci Technol. 2010;62:317-23 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa FACHB-912. This result suggested that the algae was not only greatly inhibited but also severely damaged by the fungus. ..
- Shi Q, Li Y, Shi Z, Li Y, Liu B, Huang Fu C. [Sodium nitrite preconditioning protects against ethanol-induced damage in human hepatoma SMMC-7721 cells]. Yao Xue Xue Bao. 2010;45:1254-9 pubmed..The results showed that low doses of NaNO2 preconditioning resistant to ethanol-induced human hepatoma SMMC-7721 cells apoptosis, which mechanism may be related to increased expression of HIF-1alpha in the cells...
- Wang G, Li W, Lu X, Bao P, Zhao X. Luteolin ameliorates cardiac failure in type I diabetic cardiomyopathy. J Diabetes Complications. 2012;26:259-65 pubmed publisher..These results show that luteolin protects against the progression of diabetes mellitus-induced cardiac dysfunction by attenuation of myocardial oxidative stress probably through its antioxidant properties. ..
- Li Z, Hu J, Li Y, Xue F, Zhang L, Xie J, et al. The effect of hyperoside on the functional recovery of the ischemic/reperfused isolated rat heart: potential involvement of the extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 signaling pathway. Free Radic Biol Med. 2013;57:132-40 pubmed publisher..01). Hyp-induced ERK phosphorylation was inhibited by PD98059. We therefore conclude that Hyp can protect cardiomyocytes from I/R-induced oxidative stress through the activation of ERK-dependent signaling. ..
- Wang F, Shu G, Peng X, Fang J, Chen K, Cui H, et al. Protective effects of sodium selenite against aflatoxin B1-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis in broiler spleen. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2013;10:2834-44 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, sodium selenite exhibited protective effects on AFB1-induced splenic toxicity in broilers by inhibiting oxidative stress and excessive apoptosis. ..
- Zhai X, Ren D, Luo Y, Hu Y, Yang X. Chemical characteristics of an Ilex Kuding tea polysaccharide and its protective effects against high fructose-induced liver injury and vascular endothelial dysfunction in mice. Food Funct. 2017;8:2536-2547 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that HF causes oxidative damage, and IKTP alleviates liver injury and vascular endothelial dysfunction. ..
- Bai J, Yu X, Liu K, Wang F, Li H, Shi X, et al. Tert-butylhydroquinone attenuates oxidative stress and inflammation in hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus in high salt-induced hypertension. Toxicol Lett. 2017;281:1-9 pubmed publisher..Chronic administration of tBHQ significantly attenuated these changes in HS rats. These data suggest that the protective effects of tBHQ in salt induced hypertension are partly due to inhibiting oxidative stress and inflammation in PVN. ..
- Liu L, Wang Z, Xu C, Pan B, Mei Q, Long Y, et al. Effects of Rheum tanguticum polysaccharide on TNBS -induced colitis and CD4+T cells in rats. World J Gastroenterol. 2003;9:2284-8 pubmed..To study the effects of Rheum tanguticum polysaccharide(-1) (RTP(-1)) on ulcerative colitis in rats induced by 2, 4, 6-trinitrophene sulphonic acid (TNBS) and their possible mechanism...
- Zhu Z, Yang C. [Changes of four common plant populations growth and their anti-oxidative enzymatic system in desertification process]. Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao. 2004;15:2261-6 pubmed..05). Based on the integrated analysis of the ecological and physiological changes, it could be concluded that Leymus chinensis was more sensitive to desertification, while Melilotoides ruthenica had a stronger bioenergy...
- Zhang M, Zhou S, Zhao S, Li X, Liu L, Shen X. Pioglitazone can downregulate bone morphogenetic protein-2 expression induced by high glucose in human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Pharmacology. 2008;81:312-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that BMP-2 expression induced by high glucose might be closely related to NF-kappaB activation, and both effects can be suppressed by pioglitazone. ..
- Guo F, Shi Jin E, Liu S, Chen J, Li D. Purification and characterization of a thermostable MnSOD from the thermophilic fungus Chaetomium thermophilum. Mycologia. 2008;100:375-80 pubmed..5 and optimum temperature at 60 C. It was thermostable at 50 and 60 C and retained 60% activity after 60 min at 70 C. The half-life of the SOD at 80 C was approximately 25 min and even retained 20% activity after 30 min at 90 C...
- Zhong M, Gao J, Zhang F, Xu B, Fan Z, Wang W, et al. Reactive oxygen species in rostral ventrolateral medulla modulate cardiac sympathetic afferent reflex in rats. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2009;197:297-304 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the NAD(P)H oxidase-derived ROS in the RVLM modulate the CSAR. The ROS in the RVLM is necessary for the enhanced CSAR response caused by Ang II in the PVN. ..
- Liu J, Zhao H, Zhu M, Chen J, Zhu J. [Relationship between the expression of uncoupling protein 2 and the damage by oxygen free radicals in acute liver failure rats]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2011;19:55-7 pubmed publisher..952, -0.667, 0. 634 respectively, P value is less than 0.05 or 0.01). UCP2 is highly expressed in the livers of liver failure rats. A certain correlation perhaps existed between the expression of UCP2 mRNA and the serous SOD, MDA and ET. ..
- Yu H, Qin H, He F, Wang L, Fu W, Liu D, et al. Canonical notch pathway protects hepatocytes from ischemia/reperfusion injury in mice by repressing reactive oxygen species production through JAK2/STAT3 signaling. Hepatology. 2011;54:979-88 pubmed publisher..Notch signal protects hepatocytes from I/R injury by Hes5-dependent activation of STAT3, which activates the expression of MnSOD, leading to the scavenging of ROS. ..
- Han B, Zhang X, Zhang Q, Zhao G, Wei J, Ma S, et al. Protective effects of salvianolate on microvascular flow in a porcine model of myocardial ischaemia and reperfusion. Arch Cardiovasc Dis. 2011;104:313-24 pubmed publisher..Microvascular reflow is crucial for myocyte survival during ischaemia/reperfusion injury...