Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on substrate specificity in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: substrate specificity
Publications646 found, 100 shown here
- Lopez A, Sener K, Trosien J, Jarroll E, van Keulen H. UDP-N-acetylglucosamine 4'-epimerase from the intestinal protozoan Giardia intestinalis lacks UDP-glucose 4'-epimerase activity. J Eukaryot Microbiol. 2007;54:154-60 pubmed..This forms the ultimate regulatory step in cyst wall biosynthesis. ..
- Addlagatta A, Gay L, Matthews B. Structural basis for the unusual specificity of Escherichia coli aminopeptidase N. Biochemistry. 2008;47:5303-11 pubmed publisher..Another favored substrate has Ala at the P1 position. The short, nonpolar side chain of this residue can clearly be bound within the hydrophobic part of the S1 cylinder, but the reason for its facile hydrolysis remains uncertain. ..
- Wu D, Asiedu M, Wei Q. Myosin-interacting guanine exchange factor (MyoGEF) regulates the invasion activity of MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells through activation of RhoA and RhoC. Oncogene. 2009;28:2219-30 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that MyoGEF cooperates with NMIIA to regulate the polarity and invasion activity of breast cancer cells through activation of RhoA and RhoC. ..
- Srivastava D, Zhu W, Johnson W, Whitman C, Becker D, Tanner J. The structure of the proline utilization a proline dehydrogenase domain inactivated by N-propargylglycine provides insight into conformational changes induced by substrate binding and flavin reduction. Biochemistry. 2010;49:560-9 pubmed publisher..This analysis suggests that the active site is incompletely assembled in the absence of the substrate, and the binding of proline draws together conserved residues in helix 8 and the beta1-alphal loop to complete the active site. ..
- Bougioukou D, Walton A, Stewart J. Towards preparative-scale, biocatalytic alkene reductions. Chem Commun (Camb). 2010;46:8558-60 pubmed publisher..The methodology is easily accessible to non-specialist laboratories, allowing alkene reductases to be added to the toolbox of routine synthetic transformations. ..
- Millner L, Doll M, Cai J, States J, Hein D. Phenotype of the most common "slow acetylator" arylamine N-acetyltransferase 1 genetic variant (NAT1*14B) is substrate-dependent. Drug Metab Dispos. 2012;40:198-204 pubmed publisher..quot; NAT1 14B-catalyzed acetylation phenotype is substrate-dependent, and NAT1 14B exhibits higher N- and O-acetylation catalytic efficiency as well as DNA adducts after exposure to the human carcinogen 4-aminobiphenyl. ..
- Hernandez J, Baker S, Lorbach S, Shively J, Tabita F. Deduced amino acid sequence, functional expression, and unique enzymatic properties of the form I and form II ribulose bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase from the chemoautotrophic bacterium Thiobacillus denitrificans. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:347-56 pubmed..These studies present the initial description of the kinetic properties of form I and form II RubisCO from a chemoautotrophic bacterium that synthesizes both types of enzyme...
- Black P, Zhang Q, Weimar J, DiRusso C. Mutational analysis of a fatty acyl-coenzyme A synthetase signature motif identifies seven amino acid residues that modulate fatty acid substrate specificity. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:4896-903 pubmed..We propose that the FACS signature motif is essential for catalytic activity and functions in part to promote fatty acid chain length specificity and thus may compose part of the fatty acid binding site within the enzyme. ..
- Chen H, Rojas Soto M, Oguni A, Kennedy M. A synaptic Ras-GTPase activating protein (p135 SynGAP) inhibited by CaM kinase II. Neuron. 1998;20:895-904 pubmed..Inhibition of p135 SynGAP by CaMKII will stop inactivation of GTP-bound Ras and thus could result in activation of the mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase pathway in hippocampal neurons upon activation of NMDA receptors. ..
- Lowther W, Brot N, Weissbach H, Matthews B. Structure and mechanism of peptide methionine sulfoxide reductase, an "anti-oxidation" enzyme. Biochemistry. 2000;39:13307-12 pubmed..The structures support a unique, thiol-disulfide exchange mechanism that relies upon an essential cysteine as a nucleophile and additional conserved residues that interact with the oxygen atom of the sulfoxide moiety. ..
- Hutchins A, Holden J, Adams M. Phosphoenolpyruvate synthetase from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:709-15 pubmed..It is not known whether interconversion between the smaller, active and larger, inactive forms of the enzyme has any functional role. ..
- Mao C, Xu R, Szulc Z, Bielawski J, Becker K, Bielawska A, et al. Cloning and characterization of a mouse endoplasmic reticulum alkaline ceramidase: an enzyme that preferentially regulates metabolism of very long chain ceramides. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:31184-91 pubmed
- Campanella J, Olajide A, Magnus V, Ludwig Müller J. A novel auxin conjugate hydrolase from wheat with substrate specificity for longer side-chain auxin amide conjugates. Plant Physiol. 2004;135:2230-40 pubmed..Expression decreases through days 2, 5, 10, 15, and 20. Spatial expression studies found similar levels of expression throughout all wheat tissues examined. ..
- Kim S, Lapham A, Freedman C, Reed T, Schmidt W. Yeast as a tractable genetic system for functional studies of the insulin-degrading enzyme. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:27481-90 pubmed
- Chow K, Gakh O, Payne I, Juliano M, Juliano L, Isaya G, et al. Mammalian pitrilysin: substrate specificity and mitochondrial targeting. Biochemistry. 2009;48:2868-77 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, when fused to green flourescent protein, this 15-amino acid N-terminal sequence directed the fusion protein to the mitochondria. ..
- Ellis C, Maiti B, NOID W. Specific and nonspecific effects of glycosylation. J Am Chem Soc. 2012;134:8184-93 pubmed publisher..However, the combination of steric crowding with specific hydrogen bonds and hydrophobic stacking interactions more dramatically impacts the peptide ensemble and stabilizes new structures. ..
- Parnell S, Puri S, Wallace D, Calvet J. Protein phosphatase-1? interacts with and dephosphorylates polycystin-1. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36798 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that polycystin-1 forms a holoenzyme complex with PP1? via a conserved PP1-binding motif within the polycystin-1 C-tail, and that PKA-phosphorylated polycystin-1 serves as a substrate for the holoenzyme. ..
- Li S, Seitz R, Lisanti M. Phosphorylation of caveolin by src tyrosine kinases. The alpha-isoform of caveolin is selectively phosphorylated by v-Src in vivo. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:3863-8 pubmed
- Rogers D, Brouillette C, Engler J, Tendian S, Roberts L, Mishra V, et al. Truncation of the amino terminus of human apolipoprotein A-I substantially alters only the lipid-free conformation. Biochemistry. 1997;36:288-300 pubmed
- Guo X, Ravi Rajagopalan P, Pei D. A direct spectrophotometric assay for peptide deformylase. Anal Biochem. 1999;273:298-304 pubmed..The assay can also be performed in an end-point fashion. The results demonstrate that this assay is a simple, highly sensitive, and rapid method to study kinetic properties of deformylases without the use of any coupling enzymes. ..
- Hartigan J, Xiong W, Johnson G. Glycogen synthase kinase 3beta is tyrosine phosphorylated by PYK2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;284:485-9 pubmed..Therefore, this study is the first to demonstrate that GSK3beta is a substrate of PYK2 both in vitro and in situ. ..
- Guth E, Connolly S, Bovee M, Francklyn C. A substrate-assisted concerted mechanism for aminoacylation by a class II aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase. Biochemistry. 2005;44:3785-94 pubmed..These experiments support a substrate-assisted concerted mechanism for HisRS, a feature that may generalize to other aaRS, as well as the peptidyl transferase center. ..
- Dirk L, Schmidt J, Cai Y, Barnes J, Hanger K, Nayak N, et al. Insights into the substrate specificity of plant peptide deformylase, an essential enzyme with potential for the development of novel biotechnology applications in agriculture. Biochem J. 2008;413:417-27 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that, whereas Tyr(178) can influence catalytic activity, other residues contribute to the overall preference for the D1 polypeptide. ..
- Bahl C, Morisseau C, Bomberger J, Stanton B, Hammock B, O Toole G, et al. Crystal structure of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator inhibitory factor Cif reveals novel active-site features of an epoxide hydrolase virulence factor. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:1785-95 pubmed publisher..A reassessment of the structural and functional consequences of the H269A mutation suggests that Cif's effect on host-cell CFTR expression requires the hydrolysis of an extended endogenous epoxide substrate. ..
- Selner N, Luechapanichkul R, Chen X, Neel B, Zhang Z, Knapp S, et al. Diverse levels of sequence selectivity and catalytic efficiency of protein-tyrosine phosphatases. Biochemistry. 2014;53:397-412 pubmed publisher..The implications of the varying sequence selectivity and intrinsic catalytic activities with respect to PTP in vivo substrate specificity and biological functions are discussed. ..
- Marcinkeviciene J, Tinney L, Wang K, Rogers M, Copeland R. Dihydroorotate dehydrogenase B of Enterococcus faecalis. Characterization and insights into chemical mechanism. Biochemistry. 1999;38:13129-37 pubmed..8-6.3 and reflects either deprotonation of the reduced flavin or binding of orotate; this step is followed by hydride transfer to C6 and general acid-assisted protonation (pK of 9.1 +/- 0.2) at C5 of the product. ..
- King G, Shih Y, Maciejewski M, Bains N, Pan B, Rowland S, et al. Structural basis for the topological specificity function of MinE. Nat Struct Biol. 2000;7:1013-7 pubmed publisher..Structure-directed mutagenesis of conserved surface residues has enabled us to identify a spatially restricted site on the surface of the protein that is critical for the topological specificity function of MinE...
- Fukamizo T, Sasaki C, Schelp E, Bortone K, Robertus J. Kinetic properties of chitinase-1 from the fungal pathogen Coccidioides immitis. Biochemistry. 2001;40:2448-54 pubmed..The free energy values obtained are consistent with the dissociation constant obtained by fluorescence measurements, and generate a model of substrate interaction that can be tested against the crystal structure of the enzyme. ..
- Arnold J, Cameron C. Poliovirus RNA-dependent RNA polymerase (3Dpol): pre-steady-state kinetic analysis of ribonucleotide incorporation in the presence of Mg2+. Biochemistry. 2004;43:5126-37 pubmed..We discuss the implications of this work on the development of RNA-dependent RNA polymerase inhibitors for use as antiviral agents...
- Mayor T, Lipford J, Graumann J, Smith G, Deshaies R. Analysis of polyubiquitin conjugates reveals that the Rpn10 substrate receptor contributes to the turnover of multiple proteasome targets. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2005;4:741-51 pubmed
- MELANCON C, Hong L, White J, Liu Y, Liu H. Characterization of TDP-4-keto-6-deoxy-D-glucose-3,4-ketoisomerase from the D-mycaminose biosynthetic pathway of Streptomyces fradiae: in vitro activity and substrate specificity studies. Biochemistry. 2007;46:577-90 pubmed..The fact that Tyl1a exhibits a relaxed substrate specificity holds potential for future deoxysugar biosynthetic engineering endeavors. ..
- Benitex Y, Baranger A. Recognition of essential purines by the U1A protein. BMC Biochem. 2007;8:22 pubmed
- Haveman S, DiDonato R, Villanueva L, Shelobolina E, Postier B, Xu B, et al. Genome-wide gene expression patterns and growth requirements suggest that Pelobacter carbinolicus reduces Fe(III) indirectly via sulfide production. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2008;74:4277-84 pubmed publisher..This contrasts with the direct reduction of Fe(III) that has been proposed for Geobacter species...
- Ramachandran V, Chen X. Degradation of microRNAs by a family of exoribonucleases in Arabidopsis. Science. 2008;321:1490-2 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we have uncovered the enzymes that degrade miRNAs and demonstrated that miRNA turnover is crucial for plant development. ..
- Pushechnikov A, Lee M, Childs Disney J, Sobczak K, French J, Thornton C, et al. Rational design of ligands targeting triplet repeating transcripts that cause RNA dominant disease: application to myotonic muscular dystrophy type 1 and spinocerebellar ataxia type 3. J Am Chem Soc. 2009;131:9767-79 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest a general approach to targeting RNA, including those that cause RNA dominant disease. ..
- Jones J, Causey C, Lovelace L, Knuckley B, Flick H, Lebioda L, et al. Characterization and inactivation of an agmatine deiminase from Helicobacter pylori. Bioorg Chem. 2010;38:62-73 pubmed publisher..Information gathered from these studies led to the development and characterization of a novel class of haloacetamidine-based HpAgD inactivators. These compounds are the most potent AgD inhibitors ever described. ..
- Beebe K, Shin J, Peng J, Chaudhury C, Khera J, Pei D. Substrate recognition through a PDZ domain in tail-specific protease. Biochemistry. 2000;39:3149-55 pubmed..The use of a separate substrate recognition domain such as a PDZ domain may be a general mechanism for achieving selective protein degradation. ..
- Qin C, Wang X. The Arabidopsis phospholipase D family. Characterization of a calcium-independent and phosphatidylcholine-selective PLD zeta 1 with distinct regulatory domains. Plant Physiol. 2002;128:1057-68 pubmed
- Bao H, Kasten S, Yan X, Roche T. Pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase isoform 2 activity limited and further inhibited by slowing down the rate of dissociation of ADP. Biochemistry. 2004;43:13432-41 pubmed..ADP or ATP].pyruvate complexes form, and that PDK2.ATP.pyruvate.E1 reacts with PDK2.ADP.pyruvate accumulating. ..
- Troutman J, Andres D, Spielmann H. Protein farnesyl transferase target selectivity is dependent upon peptide stimulated product release. Biochemistry. 2007;46:11299-309 pubmed
- Ekici O, Zhu J, Wah Chung I, Paetzel M, Dalbey R, Pei D. Profiling the substrate specificity of viral protease VP4 by a FRET-based peptide library approach. Biochemistry. 2009;48:5753-9 pubmed publisher..Resynthesis and a solution-phase assay of several representative sequences against VP4 confirmed the library screening results...
- Lang M, Kanost M, Gorman M. Multicopper oxidase-3 is a laccase associated with the peritrophic matrix of Anopheles gambiae. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33985 pubmed publisher..We propose that AgMCO3 may oxidize toxic molecules in the blood meal leading to detoxification or to cross-linking of the molecules to the peritrophic matrix, thus targeting them for excretion. ..
- Basu D, Liang Y, Liu X, Himmeldirk K, Faik A, Kieliszewski M, et al. Functional identification of a hydroxyproline-o-galactosyltransferase specific for arabinogalactan protein biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:10132-43 pubmed publisher..Confocal microscopic analysis of fluorescently tagged AtGALT2 in tobacco epidermal cells indicated that AtGALT2 is probably localized in the endomembrane system consistent with its function. ..
- Bailey C, Pasman M, Keatinge Clay A. Substrate structure-activity relationships guide rational engineering of modular polyketide synthase ketoreductases. Chem Commun (Camb). 2016;52:792-5 pubmed publisher..Two mutations were sufficient to completely reverse the stereoselectivity of the model ketoreductase EryKR1, converting it from an enzyme that generates (2S,3R)-products into one that yields (2S,3S)-products. ..
- Szankasi P, Smith G. A single-stranded DNA exonuclease from Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Biochemistry. 1992;31:6769-73 pubmed..6 x 10(-11) M and produced 5' deoxynucleoside monophosphates. Its mode of degradation is similar to that of the RecJ protein from Escherichia coli; ExoII may, therefore, be involved in genetic recombination and DNA damage repair. ..
- Gu W, Zhao G, Eddy C, Jensen R. Imidazole acetol phosphate aminotransferase in Zymomonas mobilis: molecular genetic, biochemical, and evolutionary analyses. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:1576-84 pubmed..g., rat aspartate aminotransferase or E. coli AspC). Signature motifs which distinguish the IAP aminotransferase family were identified in the region of the active-site lysine and in the region of the interdomain interface...
- Wilson A, Erdman R, Castellano F, Maltese W. Prenylation of Rab8 GTPase by type I and type II geranylgeranyl transferases. Biochem J. 1998;333 ( Pt 3):497-504 pubmed..Prenylation of the Y78D mutant was reduced by 60-70% in intact cells, consistent with the conclusion that the majority of Rab8 is prenylated by the REP/GGTaseII system in vivo. ..
- Anderson J, Pratt R. Dipeptide binding to the extended active site of the Streptomyces R61 D-alanyl-D-alanine-peptidase: the path to a specific substrate. Biochemistry. 2000;39:12200-9 pubmed..This general method of approach should be of value in the search for specific substrates and inhibitors (antibiotics) of other DD-peptidases. ..
- Bessho Y, Hodgson D, Suga H. A tRNA aminoacylation system for non-natural amino acids based on a programmable ribozyme. Nat Biotechnol. 2002;20:723-8 pubmed..This method potentially provides a means of generating aminoacyl tRNAs that are charged with non-natural amino acids, which could be incorporated into proteins through cell-free translation. ..
- Zheng M, McKeown Longo P. Regulation of HEF1 expression and phosphorylation by TGF-beta 1 and cell adhesion. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:39599-608 pubmed..These findings suggest that TGF-beta1 regulates HEF1 gene expression and that HEF1 phosphorylation is dependent on cell adhesion and Src kinase activity. ..
- Bell M, Johnson A, Testa S. Ribozyme-catalyzed excision of targeted sequences from within RNAs. Biochemistry. 2002;41:15327-33 pubmed..The potential usefulness of this reaction is demonstrated by engineering a ribozyme that excises the triplet-repeat expansion region from a truncated myotonic dystrophy protein kinase transcript mimic in vitro. ..
- Williams R. Restriction endonucleases: classification, properties, and applications. Mol Biotechnol. 2003;23:225-43 pubmed..An understanding of the enzymes and their properties can improve their productive application by maintaining critical digest parameters and enhancing or avoiding alternative activities. ..
- Guo L, Kozlosky C, Ericsson L, Daniel T, Cerretti D, Johnson R. Studies of ligand-induced site-specific phosphorylation of epidermal growth factor receptor. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom. 2003;14:1022-31 pubmed..Pretreatment of A431 cells with a small molecule EGFR inhibitor nearly eliminated the ligand-induced phosphorylation on all of the sites except for Y992 and Y1068. ..
- Labeda D, Jackson M, Kuo T, Nakamura L. Enantioselective hydrolysis of butyl 2-ethylhexanoate by a strain of Nocardia corynebacteroides. Curr Microbiol. 2004;49:133-5 pubmed..corynebacteroides NRRL 21057 is the most active strain known for the specific hydrolysis of the R-isomer of butyl 2-ethylhexanoate and that it provides the S-isomer of 2-ethylhexanoate in 86% enantiomeric excess within 22 h. ..
- Tran A, Karbarz M, Wang X, Raetz C, McGrath S, Cotter R, et al. Periplasmic cleavage and modification of the 1-phosphate group of Helicobacter pylori lipid A. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:55780-91 pubmed..pylori lipid A. In summary, we demonstrate that modification of the 1-phosphate group of H. pylori lipid A requires two enzymatic steps...
- Zainelli G, Dudek N, Ross C, Kim S, Muma N. Mutant huntingtin protein: a substrate for transglutaminase 1, 2, and 3. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2005;64:58-65 pubmed..These data suggest that transglutaminase 1, 2, and 3 could be involved in cross-linking of huntingtin into intranuclear inclusions in HD and that inhibiting transglutaminase should be explored as a potential treatment strategy for HD. ..
- Cui G, Li X, Merz K. Understanding the substrate selectivity and the product regioselectivity of Orf2-catalyzed aromatic prenylations. Biochemistry. 2007;46:1303-11 pubmed
- Takenaka K, Morgan J, Scheffer G, Adachi M, Stewart C, Sun D, et al. Substrate overlap between Mrp4 and Abcg2/Bcrp affects purine analogue drug cytotoxicity and tissue distribution. Cancer Res. 2007;67:6965-72 pubmed..This new knowledge will facilitate an understanding of how Abcg2 and Mrp4, separately and in combination, protect against purine analogue host toxicity as well as resistance to chemotherapy...
- Mellman D, Gonzales M, Song C, Barlow C, Wang P, Kendziorski C, et al. A PtdIns4,5P2-regulated nuclear poly(A) polymerase controls expression of select mRNAs. Nature. 2008;451:1013-7 pubmed publisher..The results reveal a mechanism for the integration of nuclear phosphoinositide signals and a method for regulating gene expression. ..
- Mosher C, Hummel M, Tracy T, Rettie A. Functional analysis of phenylalanine residues in the active site of cytochrome P450 2C9. Biochemistry. 2008;47:11725-34 pubmed publisher..Differential interactions of F476 mutants with the two substrates suggest that their catalytically productive binding modes are not superimposable. ..
- Zhang F, Lowe E, Rick D, Qiu X, Leibold E, Cruzan G, et al. In vitro metabolism, glutathione conjugation, and CYP isoform specificity of epoxidation of 4-vinylphenol. Xenobiotica. 2011;41:6-23 pubmed publisher..This present study provides better insight on the lung toxicity seen with 4VP, the toxic metabolite of commercial styrene. ..
- Pezzementi L, Nachon F, Chatonnet A. Evolution of acetylcholinesterase and butyrylcholinesterase in the vertebrates: an atypical butyrylcholinesterase from the Medaka Oryzias latipes. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17396 pubmed publisher..We classify the enzyme as an atypical BChE and discuss its implications for the evolution of AChE and BChE and for ecotoxicology...
- Roberts B, Miller B, Roitberg A, Merz K. Wide-open flaps are key to urease activity. J Am Chem Soc. 2012;134:9934-7 pubmed publisher..The newly identified wide-open state offers further opportunities for small-molecule drug discovery by defining a more extensive active-site pocket than has been previously described. ..
- Compton L, Davis J, MacDonald J, Bachinger H. Structural and functional characterization of Escherichia coli peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerases. Eur J Biochem. 1992;206:927-34 pubmed..Circular dichroism spectroscopy indicates that the secondary structure of the cationic protein consists of 17% alpha-helix, 34% beta-sheet, 17% turns, 33% random coil and is very similar to human cytosolic PPIase. ..
- Wolf M, Rush J, Waechter C. Golgi-enriched membrane fractions from rat brain and liver contain long-chain polyisoprenyl pyrophosphate phosphatase activity. Glycobiology. 1991;1:405-10 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Campbell B, Di Shih Y, Forrester L, Zahler W. Specificity and inhibition studies of human renal dipeptidase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1988;956:110-8 pubmed..The relationship between the purified enzyme concentration and enzyme activity against leukotriene D4 was shown to be linear over the enzyme concentration range of 1 ng through 69 ng in this assay.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Sanchez Salas J, Setlow P. Proteolytic processing of the protease which initiates degradation of small, acid-soluble proteins during germination of Bacillus subtilis spores. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:2568-77 pubmed..During spore germination, the GPR from either species expressed in B. subtilis was further processed by removal of one additional amino-terminal amino acid (leucine), generating the mature protease which acts during spore germination. ..
- Dawson S, Turner D, Weintraub H, Parkhurst S. Specificity for the hairy/enhancer of split basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) proteins maps outside the bHLH domain and suggests two separable modes of transcriptional repression. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:6923-31 pubmed
- Su J, Lin M, Napoli J. Complementary deoxyribonucleic acid cloning and enzymatic characterization of a novel 17beta/3alpha-hydroxysteroid/retinoid short chain dehydrogenase/reductase. Endocrinology. 1999;140:5275-84 pubmed..These data provide additional insight into the enzymology of estrogen, androgen, and retinoid metabolism and illustrate how closely related members of the SDR superfamily can have strikingly different substrate specificities. ..
- Zangar R, Kimzey A, Okita J, Wunschel D, Edwards R, Kim H, et al. Cytochrome P450 3A conjugation to ubiquitin in a process distinct from classical ubiquitination pathway. Mol Pharmacol. 2002;61:892-904 pubmed..This conjugation reaction, however, seems to be distinct from the classical ubiquitination pathway but may be related to the substrate-dependent stabilization of CYP3A observed in vivo. ..
- Tortorella M, Liu R, Burn T, Newton R, Arner E. Characterization of human aggrecanase 2 (ADAM-TS5): substrate specificity studies and comparison with aggrecanase 1 (ADAM-TS4). Matrix Biol. 2002;21:499-511 pubmed..Finally, the zymogen of stromelysin (MMP-3) was not activated by either ADAM-TS4 or ADAM-TS5. ..
- Bruckner R, Gunyuzlu P, Stein R. Coupled kinetics of ATP and peptide hydrolysis by Escherichia coli FtsH protease. Biochemistry. 2003;42:10843-52 pubmed..We propose a mechanism for the coupled hydrolytic activities of FtsH toward ATP and peptide substrates that is consistent with a recently proposed structural model for FtsH. ..
- Chalfant C, Szulc Z, Roddy P, Bielawska A, Hannun Y. The structural requirements for ceramide activation of serine-threonine protein phosphatases. J Lipid Res. 2004;45:496-506 pubmed..The studies also begin to define features that transform ceramide analogs into inhibitors of CAPP. ..
- Gupta S, Wang Y, Jiang H. Purification and characterization of Manduca sexta prophenoloxidase-activating proteinase-1, an enzyme involved in insect immune responses. Protein Expr Purif. 2005;39:261-8 pubmed..Ionic strength of the reaction buffer may reduce proPO-PAP-SPH interactions, proPO processing, and PO assembly. ..
- Plummer L, Hildebrandt E, Porter S, Rogers V, McCracken J, Schmidt W. Mutational analysis of the ras converting enzyme reveals a requirement for glutamate and histidine residues. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:4596-605 pubmed
- Hu R, Brower C, Wang H, Davydov I, Sheng J, Zhou J, et al. Arginyltransferase, its specificity, putative substrates, bidirectional promoter, and splicing-derived isoforms. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:32559-73 pubmed
- Thines B, Katsir L, Melotto M, Niu Y, Mandaokar A, Liu G, et al. JAZ repressor proteins are targets of the SCF(COI1) complex during jasmonate signalling. Nature. 2007;448:661-5 pubmed
- Shanware N, Williams L, Bowler M, Tibbetts R. Non-specific in vivo inhibition of CK1 by the pyridinyl imidazole p38 inhibitors SB 203580 and SB 202190. BMB Rep. 2009;42:142-7 pubmed
- Ross D, Brantley S, Tien M. Kinetic characterization of OmcA and MtrC, terminal reductases involved in respiratory electron transfer for dissimilatory iron reduction in Shewanella oneidensis MR-1. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2009;75:5218-26 pubmed publisher..This work supports the hypothesis that electron shuttles are important participants in the reduction of solid Fe phases by this organism...
- Vallur A, Maizels N. Distinct activities of exonuclease 1 and flap endonuclease 1 at telomeric g4 DNA. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8908 pubmed publisher..Both enzymes can create ssDNA at uncapped telomere ends thereby contributing to recombination. ..
- Chen T, Nayak N, Majee S, Lowenson J, Schäfermeyer K, Eliopoulos A, et al. Substrates of the Arabidopsis thaliana protein isoaspartyl methyltransferase 1 identified using phage display and biopanning. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:37281-92 pubmed publisher..Impaired PIMT activity would hinder protein function in these targets, possibly resulting in poor seed performance. ..
- Wu C, Schneider T, Zeigler M, Yu J, Schiro P, Burnham D, et al. Bioconjugation of ultrabright semiconducting polymer dots for specific cellular targeting. J Am Chem Soc. 2010;132:15410-7 pubmed publisher..The successful bioconjugation of these ultrabright nanoparticles presents a novel opportunity to apply versatile semiconducting polymers to various fluorescence measurements in modern biology and biomedicine. ..