Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on substrate specificity in Japan
Topic: substrate specificity
Publications340 found, 100 shown here
- Kawasaki Y, Kato Y, Sai Y, Tsuji A. Functional characterization of human organic cation transporter OCTN1 single nucleotide polymorphisms in the Japanese population. J Pharm Sci. 2004;93:2920-6 pubmed
- Fukuda S, Suzuki Y, Komori T, Kawamura K, Asanuma N, Hino T. Purification and gene sequencing of conjugated linoleic acid reductase from a gastrointestinal bacterium, Butyrivibrio fibrisolvens. J Appl Microbiol. 2007;103:365-71 pubmed
- Husain A, Jeelani G, Sato D, Ali V, Nozaki T. Characterization of two isotypes of l-threonine dehydratase from Entamoeba histolytica. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2010;170:100-4 pubmed publisher..Together, these data showed that EhTD1 possesses unique regulatory properties distinct from other organisms and may play an important role in energy metabolism via amino acid degradation in E. histolytica. ..
- Kawamura K, Yamada T, Kurihara K, Tamada T, Kuroki R, Tanaka I, et al. X-ray and neutron protein crystallographic analysis of the trypsin-BPTI complex. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2011;67:140-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the first neutron crystallographic structure of the Michaelis complex state of trypsin-BPTI is presented...
- Kanamoto H, Takemura M, Ohyama K. Cloning and expression of three lipoxygenase genes from liverwort, Marchantia polymorpha L., in Escherichia coli. Phytochemistry. 2012;77:70-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, each liverwort lipoxygenase exhibited highest activity at pH 7.0 and dependency on Ca(2+) ion in the oxygenation reaction...
- Fujita S, Cho S, Yoshida A, Hasebe F, Tomita T, Kuzuyama T, et al. Crystal structure of LysK, an enzyme catalyzing the last step of lysine biosynthesis in Thermus thermophilus, in complex with lysine: Insight into the mechanism for recognition of the amino-group carrier protein, LysW. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:409-415 pubmed publisher..Mutational studies of the surface residues provided a plausible model for the electrostatic interaction with LysW. ..
- Shinohara Y, Koyama Y, Ukai Tadenuma M, Hirokawa T, Kikuchi M, Yamada R, et al. Temperature-Sensitive Substrate and Product Binding Underlie Temperature-Compensated Phosphorylation in the Clock. Mol Cell. 2017;67:783-798.e20 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, this domain can confer temperature compensation on a temperature-sensitive TTBK1. These findings suggest the temperature-sensitive substrate- and product-binding mechanisms underlie temperature compensation. ..
- Kuramitsu S, Hiromi K, Hayashi H, Morino Y, Kagamiyama H. Pre-steady-state kinetics of Escherichia coli aspartate aminotransferase catalyzed reactions and thermodynamic aspects of its substrate specificity. Biochemistry. 1990;29:5469-76 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Rahman R, Fujiwara S, Takagi M, Imanaka T. Sequence analysis of glutamate dehydrogenase (GDH) from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus sp. KOD1 and comparison of the enzymatic characteristics of native and recombinant GDHs. Mol Gen Genet. 1998;257:338-47 pubmed..Kinetic studies suggested that the reaction is biased towards glutamate production. KOD1-GDH utilized both coenzymes NADH and NADPH, as do most eukaryal GDHs...
- Imada K, Inagaki K, Matsunami H, Kawaguchi H, Tanaka H, Tanaka N, et al. Structure of 3-isopropylmalate dehydrogenase in complex with 3-isopropylmalate at 2.0 A resolution: the role of Glu88 in the unique substrate-recognition mechanism. Structure. 1998;6:971-82 pubmed..The acidic tip of Glu88 is likely to interact with the nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) ribose of NAD+ in the ternary complex. This structure clearly explains the substrate specificity of IPMDH. ..
- Sekine S, Nureki O, Tateno M, Yokoyama S. The identity determinants required for the discrimination between tRNAGlu and tRNAAsp by glutamyl-tRNA synthetase from Escherichia coli. Eur J Biochem. 1999;261:354-60 pubmed
- Nogi T, Shiba Y, Kawasaki M, Shiba T, Matsugaki N, Igarashi N, et al. Structural basis for the accessory protein recruitment by the gamma-adaptin ear domain. Nat Struct Biol. 2002;9:527-31 pubmed
- Matsunami H, Okajima T, Hirota S, Yamaguchi H, Hori H, Kuroda S, et al. Chemical rescue of a site-specific mutant of bacterial copper amine oxidase for generation of the topa quinone cofactor. Biochemistry. 2004;43:2178-87 pubmed
- Yusa A, Kitajima K, Habuchi O. N-linked oligosaccharides on chondroitin 6-sulfotransferase-1 are required for production of the active enzyme, Golgi localization, and sulfotransferase activity toward keratan sulfate. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:20393-403 pubmed
- Kuninaka S, Iida S, Hara T, Nomura M, Naoe H, Morisaki T, et al. Serine protease Omi/HtrA2 targets WARTS kinase to control cell proliferation. Oncogene. 2007;26:2395-406 pubmed..Our data reveal a role for Omi-mediated processing of WTS in negative regulation of cell cycle progression at interphase, suggesting a novel function of Omi other than apoptosis. ..
- Ohmae E, Tatsuta M, Abe F, Kato C, Tanaka N, Kunugi S, et al. Effects of pressure on enzyme function of Escherichia coli dihydrofolate reductase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1784:1115-21 pubmed publisher..The enzyme function at high pressure is discussed based on the volume levels of the intermediates and the candidates for the rate-limiting process. ..
- Kim J, Kako K, Kakiuchi M, Park G, Fukamizu A. EWS is a substrate of type I protein arginine methyltransferase, PRMT8. Int J Mol Med. 2008;22:309-15 pubmed..These results suggested that EWS is a substrate for PRMT8, as efficient as for PRMT1. ..
- Nakamura K, Inoue M, Maeda M, Nakano R, Hosoi K, Fujiyama K, et al. Molecular cloning and gene expression analysis of tomato endo-beta-N-acetylglucosaminidase, an endoglycosidase involved in the production of high-mannose type free N-glycans during tomato fruit ripening. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:461-4 pubmed publisher..Real-time PCR analysis revealed that the gene expression of Endo-LE did not vary significantly with the tomato ripening process, indicating that Endo-LE activity is ubiquitously expressed...
- Takagi M, Tamaki H, Miyamoto Y, Leonardi R, Hanada S, Jackowski S, et al. Pantothenate kinase from the thermoacidophilic archaeon Picrophilus torridus. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:233-41 pubmed publisher..torridus cells the CoA levels are not regulated by the CoaA step. These data suggest the existence of two subtypes within the class of prokaryotic type I CoaAs...
- Tsuchida S, Maki T, Sato K. Purification and characterization of glutathione transferases with an activity toward nitroglycerin from human aorta and heart. Multiplicity of the human class Mu forms. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:7150-7 pubmed..These results indicate the presence of five different subunits in the human Mu class and also suggest that GST-M1M2 and -M2N1 found in the aorta are involved in the expression of the pharmacologic effect of nitroglycerin. ..
- Nagata K, Katada T, Tohkin M, Itoh H, Kaziro Y, Ui M, et al. GTP-binding proteins in human platelet membranes serving as the specific substrate of islet-activating protein, pertussis toxin. FEBS Lett. 1988;237:113-7 pubmed..These results indicate that the major IAP substrate present in human platelet membranes is a product of the Gi 2 alpha gene. ..
- Hinode D, Masuda K, Yoshioka M, Hayashi H, Nakamura R, Grenier D, et al. Biological and antigenic characterization of three BApNA-hydrolyzing proteases from the culture supernatant of Porphyromonas gingivalis. Oral Microbiol Immunol. 1996;11:8-14 pubmed..This enzyme was also the only one to possess hemagglutinating activity. Our findings suggest that Pase-S from P. gingivalis is less active than Pase-C and that the enzyme may be an isozyme of Pase-B...
- Ikezawa N, Iwasa K, Sato F. Molecular cloning and characterization of methylenedioxy bridge-forming enzymes involved in stylopine biosynthesis in Eschscholzia californica. FEBS J. 2007;274:1019-35 pubmed..Treatment of E. californica seedlings with methyl jasmonate resulted in the coordinated induction of CYP719A2 and CYP719A3 genes. The physiological roles of CYP719A2 and CYP719A3 in stylopine biosynthesis are discussed...
- Wang F, Ijuin T, Itoh T, Takenawa T. Regulation of IGF-1/PI3K/Akt signalling by the phosphoinositide phosphatase pharbin. J Biochem. 2011;150:83-93 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that pharbin is an important negative regulator of IGF-1/PI3K/Akt signalling and protein synthesis. ..
- Chihara Siomi M, Yoshikawa K, Oshima Hirayama N, Yamamoto K, Sogabe Y, Nakatani T, et al. Purification, molecular cloning, and expression of lipase from Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1992;296:505-13 pubmed..Expression plasmids encoding lipA followed by the complete or incomplete lipB gene downstream of the lac promoter of pUC18 were constructed. lipA was expressed in Escherichia coli 1100 only in the presence of the complete lipB gene. ..
- Ueda H, Shoku Y, Hayashi N, Mitsunaga J, In Y, Doi M, et al. X-ray crystallographic conformational study of 5'-O-[N-(L-alanyl)-sulfamoyl]adenosine, a substrate analogue for alanyl-tRNA synthetase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1991;1080:126-34 pubmed..The biological significance of the observed Ala-SA conformation is discussed in relation with the molecular conformation of tyrosyl-AMP complexed with tyrosyl-tRNA synthetase. ..
- Toyoshima S, Matsumoto N, Wang P, Inoue H, Yoshioka T, Hotta Y, et al. Purification and partial amino acid sequences of phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C of Drosophila eye. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:14842-8 pubmed..The obtained sequences were found to be a part of the deduced amino acid sequences of cDNA which was suggested to be norpA gene. ..
- Saido T, Sorimachi H, Suzuki K. Calpain: new perspectives in molecular diversity and physiological-pathological involvement. FASEB J. 1994;8:814-22 pubmed..Another major accomplishment is the technical breakthrough allowing spatial resolution of calpain action presenting a clearer in vivo picture of how calpain acts in cells and tissues. ..
- Matsushima Nishiwaki R, Shidoji Y, Nishiwaki S, Moriwaki H, Muto Y. Limited degradation of retinoid X receptor by calpain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;225:946-51 pubmed..This is the first demonstration that of RXR alpha is a substrate for m-calpain, strongly suggesting that the enzyme might also be involved in post-translational modification of the receptor in hepatocytes. ..
- Ogura K, Kohno K, Tai T. Molecular cloning of a rat brain cDNA, with homology to a tyrosine kinase substrate, that induces galactosylceramide expression in COS-7 cells. J Neurochem. 1998;71:1827-36 pubmed..Taking these results together, it is suggested that GEF-1 may play an important role in regulating GalCer expression in the brain. ..
- Hanada K, Hara T, Nishijima M. Purification of the serine palmitoyltransferase complex responsible for sphingoid base synthesis by using affinity peptide chromatography techniques. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:8409-15 pubmed
- Ueda N, Okamoto Y, Morishita J. N-acylphosphatidylethanolamine-hydrolyzing phospholipase D: a novel enzyme of the beta-lactamase fold family releasing anandamide and other N-acylethanolamines. Life Sci. 2005;77:1750-8 pubmed..The existence of NAPE-PLD specifically hydrolyzing NAPEs to NAEs emphasizes physiological significance of NAEs including anandamide in brain and other tissues. ..
- Abe I, Watanabe T, Lou W, Noguchi H. Active site residues governing substrate selectivity and polyketide chain length in aloesone synthase. FEBS J. 2006;273:208-18 pubmed..Finally, Ser338 in proximity of the catalytic Cys164 guides the linear polyketide intermediate to extend into the pocket, thus leading to formation of the hepataketide in Rheum palmatum ALS. ..
- Hirano S, Morikawa M, Takano K, Imanaka T, Kanaya S. Gentisate 1,2-dioxygenase from Xanthobacter polyaromaticivorans 127W. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:192-9 pubmed..Chymotryptic digestion and protein truncation experiments suggested that the N-terminal region is important for the tetramerization of GDOxp. ..
- Ueda M, Ohata K, Konishi T, Sutrisno A, Okada H, Nakazawa M, et al. A novel goose-type lysozyme gene with chitinolytic activity from the moderately thermophilic bacterium Ralstonia sp. A-471: cloning, sequencing, and expression. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2009;81:1077-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, Ra-ChiC was found to be a novel enzyme in its structural and functional properties...
- Murase K, Hirano Y, Sun T, Hakoshima T. Gibberellin-induced DELLA recognition by the gibberellin receptor GID1. Nature. 2008;456:459-63 pubmed publisher..Our results establish a structural model of a plant hormone receptor that is distinct from the mechanism of the hormone perception and effector recognition of the known auxin receptors. ..
- Hayashi K, Kamio S, Oono Y, Townsend L, Nozaki H. Toyocamycin specifically inhibits auxin signaling mediated by SCFTIR1 pathway. Phytochemistry. 2009;70:190-7 pubmed publisher..To address the structural requirements for the specific activity of toyocamycin on auxin signaling, the structure-activity relationships of nine toyocamycin-related compounds, including sangivamycin and tubercidin, were investigated. ..
- Otsuka Saito K, Kurose S, Tsujino Y, Osakai T, Kataoka K, Sakurai T, et al. Electrochemical characterization of a unique, "neutral" laccase from Flammulina velutipes. J Biosci Bioeng. 2013;115:159-67 pubmed publisher..The present electrochemical results of rFlac1 indicate that ?E°' is one of the primary factors to determine the activity of multi-copper oxidases. ..
- Kondo N, Temma T, Deguchi J, Sano K, Ono M, Saji H. Development of PEGylated peptide probes conjugated with (18)F-labeled BODIPY for PET/optical imaging of MT1-MMP activity. J Control Release. 2015;220:476-483 pubmed publisher..This probe may also efficiently combine targeted tumor imaging with image-guided surgery that could be beneficial for patients in the future. ..
- Takase H, Sasaki K, Shinmori H, Shinohara A, Mochizuki C, Kobayashi H, et al. Cytochrome P450 CYP71BE5 in grapevine (Vitis vinifera) catalyzes the formation of the spicy aroma compound (-)-rotundone. J Exp Bot. 2016;67:787-98 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these findings, we propose that VvSTO2 may be a key enzyme in the biosynthesis of (-)-rotundone in grapevines by acting as a Î±-guaiene 2-oxidase. ..
- Fujii Y, Zhao F, Fu S, Nakai N, Lai C. Stable preparation of aldose reductase isoenzymes from human placenta. Protein Expr Purif. 1991;2:420-5 pubmed..GAR2, an aldehyde reductase, was also active in the reduction of D-glucose, with an apparent Km comparable to that of GAR1 but with a Vmax only 14% that of GAR1. ..
- Ikeda M, Schmid R, Oesterhelt D. A Cl(-)-translocating adenosinetriphosphatase in Acetabularia acetabulum. 1. Purification and characterization of a novel type of adenosinetriphosphatase that differs from chloroplast F1 adenosinetriphosphatase. Biochemistry. 1990;29:2057-65 pubmed..The CF1-ATPase subcomplexes were isolated from the same organism and compared with the fraction Mono Q-III. Data supported the difference of fraction Mono Q-III from CF1-ATPase...
- Tanaka T, Oda J, Yamaguchi H, Katsube Y. [Structural and functional analysis on glutathione-synthetase]. Tanpakushitsu Kakusan Koso. 1993;38:1579-88 pubmed
- Uchida K, Suzuki H, Maruta H, Abe H, Aoki K, Miwa M, et al. Preferential degradation of protein-bound (ADP-ribose)n by nuclear poly(ADP-ribose) glycohydrolase from human placenta. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:3194-200 pubmed..These results suggest that poly(ADP-ribose) glycohydrolase I may play an important role in regulation of poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation levels on chromosomal proteins in nuclei. ..
- Wang C, Takenaka S, Murakami S, Aoki K. Production of catechol from benzoate by the wild strain Ralstonia species Ba-0323 and characterization of its catechol 1,2-dioxygenase. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2001;65:1957-64 pubmed..In addition, the NH2-terminal amino acid sequence of the enzyme was less similar to the other catechol 1,2-dioxygenases than they are to each other...
- Iwasaki H, Zhang Y, Tachibana K, Gotoh M, Kikuchi N, Kwon Y, et al. Initiation of O-glycan synthesis in IgA1 hinge region is determined by a single enzyme, UDP-N-acetyl-alpha-D-galactosamine:polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 2. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:5613-21 pubmed..We found that pp-GalNAc-T2 selectively transferred GalNAc residues to the same five positions. These results strongly suggested that pp-GalNAc-T2 is an essential enzyme for initiation of O-linked glycosylation of the IgA1 hinge region. ..
- Fujimoto Z, Kaneko S, Kuno A, Kobayashi H, Kusakabe I, Mizuno H. Crystal structures of decorated xylooligosaccharides bound to a family 10 xylanase from Streptomyces olivaceoviridis E-86. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9606-14 pubmed..CBM13 was shown to bind xylose or xylooligosaccharides reversibly by using nonsymmetric sugars as the ligands. The independent multiple sites in CBM13 may increase the probability of substrate binding...
- Kitaoka M, Tian J, Nishimoto M. Novel putative galactose operon involving lacto-N-biose phosphorylase in Bifidobacterium longum. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:3158-62 pubmed..In addition, it may also resolve the question of the nature of the bifidus factor in human milk as the lacto-N-biose structure found in milk oligosaccharides. ..
- Sugimura M, Nishimoto M, Kitaoka M. Characterization of glycosynthase mutants derived from glycoside hydrolase family 10 xylanases. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2006;70:1210-7 pubmed..The results agreed with the structural predictions of the subsite, where TM and CF exhibit high affinity at subsite 2, suggesting that the glycosynthase technique is useful for investigating the affinity of +subsites. ..
- Kim H, Takagi Y, Hagihara Y, Ishikawa K. Analysis of the putative substrate binding region of hyperthermophilic endoglucanase from Pyrococcus horikoshii. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:2585-7 pubmed..The results showed that His155, Arg156, and Ile162 play an important role in pNG2 binding capacity, and that H155 and I162 are important for catalysis. ..
- Athauda S, Takahashi T, Inoue H, Ichinose M, Takahashi K. Proteolytic activity and cleavage specificity of cathepsin E at the physiological pH as examined towards the B chain of oxidized insulin. FEBS Lett. 1991;292:53-6 pubmed..4 and above as compared to pH 5.5 and 3.0. These results suggest that cathepsin E may function in vivo at the physiological pH with a rather restricted specificity. ..
- Nikaido H, Moriishi M, Mishima H, Kitamura S, Tatsumi K. 15-Ketoprostaglandin delta 13-reductase activity in bovine ocular tissues. Curr Eye Res. 1993;12:17-22 pubmed..Its molecular weight was estimated to be about 57,000 by electrophoresis, and about 55,000 by gel filtration HPLC with Superose 12. ..
- Chen Y, Shiota M, Ohuchi M, Towatari T, Tashiro J, Murakami M, et al. Mast cell tryptase from pig lungs triggers infection by pneumotropic Sendai and influenza A viruses. Purification and characterization. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:3189-97 pubmed..These results suggest that mast cell tryptase in pig lungs is the possible trigger of the pneumotropic virus infections. ..
- Ide H. DNA substrates containing defined oxidative base lesions and their application to study substrate specificities of base excision repair enzymes. Prog Nucleic Acid Res Mol Biol. 2001;68:207-21 pubmed..The repair efficiency of BER enzymes is affected by surrounding sequence contexts. In general, the sequence context effect appears to be more pronounced for Fpg homologs than Endo III homologs. ..
- Ichinose H, Yoshida M, Kotake T, Kuno A, Igarashi K, Tsumuraya Y, et al. An exo-beta-1,3-galactanase having a novel beta-1,3-galactan-binding module from Phanerochaete chrysosporium. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:25820-9 pubmed..When the degree of polymerization of galactose oligomers was increased, the binding affinity of the CBM6 showed no marked change...
- Nakamura N, Tsuru A, Hirayoshi K, Nagata K. Purification and characterization of a vimentin-specific protease in mouse myeloid leukemia cells. Regulation during differentiation and identity with cathepsin G. Eur J Biochem. 1992;205:947-54 pubmed..The purified protease thus belongs to the 'cathepsin G family', and perhaps is a mouse homologue of human cathepsin G. ..
- Yamamoto T, Kaibuchi K, Mizuno T, Hiroyoshi M, Shirataki H, Takai Y. Purification and characterization from bovine brain cytosol of proteins that regulate the GDP/GTP exchange reaction of smg p21s, ras p21-like GTP-binding proteins. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:16626-34 pubmed..It is likely that the conversion from the GDP-bound inactive form of smg p21s to the GTP-bound active form is regulated by smg p21 GDS and that its reverse reaction is regulated by smg p21 GAP. ..
- Kawainoto T, Mitsuuchi Y, Ohnishi T, Ichikawa Y, Yokoyama Y, Sumimoto H, et al. Cloning and expression of a cDNA for human cytochrome P-450aldo as related to primary aldosteronism. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;173:309-16 pubmed..These results suggest that P-450aldo is a variant of P-450(11)beta, but this enzyme is a different gene product possibly playing a major role in the synthesis of aldosterone at least in a patient suffering from primary aldosteronism. ..
- Tobe K, Tamemoto H, Yamauchi T, Aizawa S, Yazaki Y, Kadowaki T. Identification of a 190-kDa protein as a novel substrate for the insulin receptor kinase functionally similar to insulin receptor substrate-1. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:5698-701 pubmed
- Shimomura Y, Murakami T, Fujitsuka N, Nakai N, Sato Y, Sugiyama S, et al. Purification and partial characterization of 3-hydroxyisobutyryl-coenzyme A hydrolase of rat liver. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:14248-53 pubmed
- Tanaka T, Yamaguchi H, Kato H, Nishioka T, Katsube Y, Oda J. Flexibility impaired by mutations revealed the multifunctional roles of the loop in glutathione synthetase. Biochemistry. 1993;32:12398-404 pubmed..The present results suggest that adjustability of the loop to the closed state is required for the recognition of the substrates, gamma-Glu-Cys and glycine, and for the chemical interactions with the bound substrates. ..
- Nagata S, Bakthavatsalam S, Galkin A, Asada H, Sakai S, Esaki N, et al. Gene cloning, purification, and characterization of thermostable and halophilic leucine dehydrogenase from a halophilic thermophile, Bacillus licheniformis TSN9. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 1995;44:432-8 pubmed..However, they were markedly distinct from each other in halophilicity; the B. licheniformis enzyme was much more stable than the other in the presence of high concentrations of salts. ..
- Uchida N, Mitani H, Todo T, Ikenaga M, Shima A. Photoreactivating enzyme for (6-4) photoproducts in cultured goldfish cells. Photochem Photobiol. 1997;65:964-8 pubmed..These results suggested the presence of (6-4) photolyase in cultured goldfish cells as in Drosophila, Xenopus and Crotalus. ..
- Ohshima T, Nunoura Kominato N, Kudome T, Sakuraba H. A novel hyperthermophilic archaeal glyoxylate reductase from Thermococcus litoralis. Characterization, gene cloning, nucleotide sequence and expression in Escherichia coli. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:4740-7 pubmed..abyssi. The purification of the enzyme from recombinant E. coli was much simpler compared with that from T. litoralis; only two steps of heat treatment and dye-affinity chromatography were needed...
- Oyake D, Nishikawa H, Koizuka I, Fukuda M, Ohta T. Targeted substrate degradation by an engineered double RING ubiquitin ligase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;295:370-5 pubmed..By redesigning the substrate recognition site, expression of engineered double RING ubiquitin ligases may provide a useful tool for removing many different gene products at the protein level. ..
- Matsubara M, Masaoka A, Tanaka T, Miyano T, Kato N, Terato H, et al. Mammalian 5-formyluracil-DNA glycosylase. 1. Identification and characterization of a novel activity that releases 5-formyluracil from DNA. Biochemistry. 2003;42:4993-5002 pubmed..A. Furthermore, the activities of FDG for fU, hmU, hoU, and U in ssDNA and dsDNA were neutralized by the antibody raised against SMUG1 uracil-DNA glycosylase, showing that FDG is a rat homologue of SMUG1. ..
- Zhao C, Kumada Y, Imanaka H, Imamura K, Nakanishi K. Cloning, overexpression, purification, and characterization of O-acetylserine sulfhydrylase-B from Escherichia coli. Protein Expr Purif. 2006;47:607-13 pubmed..OASS-B did not form a complex with E. coli serine acetyltransferase (SAT, EC 220.127.116.11) and showed a wide range of substrate specificity in nonproteinaceous amino acid synthesis. ..
- Yamada Onodera K, Fukui M, Tani Y. Purification and characterization of alcohol dehydrogenase reducing N-benzyl-3-pyrrolidinone from Geotrichum capitatum. J Biosci Bioeng. 2007;103:174-8 pubmed..This enzyme showed features different from those of known prokaryotic N-benzyl-3-pyrrolidinone reductases. This enzyme will be very useful for the production of chiral compounds. ..
- Sakurai T, Misaka T, Ishiguro M, Masuda K, Sugawara T, Ito K, et al. Characterization of the beta-D-glucopyranoside binding site of the human bitter taste receptor hTAS2R16. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:28373-8 pubmed publisher..This study characterizes the molecular interaction between hTAS2R16 and beta-D-glucopyranoside and will also facilitate rational design of bitter blockers...
- Takahashi K, Tagami U, Shimba N, Kashiwagi T, Ishikawa K, Suzuki E. Crystal structure of Bifidobacterium Longum phosphoketolase; key enzyme for glucose metabolism in Bifidobacterium. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:3855-61 pubmed publisher..In silico docking studies of B. longum phosphoketolase with its substrate enable us to propose a model for substrate binding. ..
- Yamaguchi H, Takeuchi T, Okada M, Kobayashi M, Unno M, Abe T, et al. Screening of antibiotics that interact with organic anion-transporting polypeptides 1B1 and 1B3 using fluorescent probes. Biol Pharm Bull. 2011;34:389-95 pubmed..Our results indicate that OATP1B1 and/or OATP1B3 contribute to the transport process of some antibiotics, and that drug-drug interactions associated with these transporters could occur after the administration of antibiotics. ..
- Araki R, Murata J, Murata Y. A novel barley yellow stripe 1-like transporter (HvYSL2) localized to the root endodermis transports metal-phytosiderophore complexes. Plant Cell Physiol. 2011;52:1931-40 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that HvYSL2 is spatially distinct from HvYS1 and plays a unique role in delivering a broad range of essential metals in barley. ..
- Fujimoto Y, Suzuki M, Watanabe Y. Purification and characterization of new arginine esteropeptidase from the soluble fraction of human submaxillary glands. Agents Actions Suppl. 1992;38 ( Pt 1):129-36 pubmed..The study of the effect of inhibitors confirmed the enzyme's serine protease-like characteristics. The best ester and amide substrates were Tos-Arg-OMe and D-Ile-Pro-Arg-pNA, respectively. ..
- Ando S, Tokui T, Yamauchi T, Sugiura H, Tanabe K, Inagaki M. Evidence that Ser-82 is a unique phosphorylation site on vimentin for Ca2(+)-calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;175:955-62 pubmed..The CaM-kinase II recognition site may be more extensive than heretofore determined. ..
- Hanada H, Moriyama Y, Maeda M, Futai M. Kinetic studies of chromaffin granule H+-ATPase and effects of bafilomycin A1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;170:873-8 pubmed..This inhibitor not only lowered the rate of ATP hydrolysis at the single catalytic site, but also affected the catalytic cooperativity of the enzyme. ..
- Mori H, Iida A, Teshiba S, Fujio T. Cloning of a guanosine-inosine kinase gene of Escherichia coli and characterization of the purified gene product. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:4921-6 pubmed..The sequence of the gene we have cloned is almost identical to that of the gsk gene (K.W. Harlow, P. Nygaard, and B. Hove-Jensen, J. Bacteriol. 177:2236-2240, 1995). ..
- Kurosawa N, Hamamoto T, Lee Y, Nakaoka T, Kojima N, Tsuji S. Molecular cloning and expression of GalNAc alpha 2,6-sialyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:1402-9 pubmed..Synthetic GalNAc-SerNAc also served as an acceptor for alpha 2,6-sialylation. These results clearly showed that the expressed enzyme is GalNAc alpha 2,6-sialyltransferase. ..
- Kinoh H, Sato H, Tsunezuka Y, Takino T, Kawashima A, Okada Y, et al. MT-MMP, the cell surface activator of proMMP-2 (pro-gelatinase A), is expressed with its substrate in mouse tissue during embryogenesis. J Cell Sci. 1996;109 ( Pt 5):953-9 pubmed..These results indicated that proMMP-2 activation through its activator, MT-MMP, is a physiological system used by organisms to initiate tissue remodeling on the cell surface. ..
- Kitabatake M, Ibba M, Hong K, Soll D, Inokuchi H. Genetic analysis of functional connectivity between substrate recognition domains of Escherichia coli glutaminyl-tRNA synthetase. Mol Gen Genet. 1996;252:717-22 pubmed
- Imamura Y, Koga T, Higuchi T, Otagiri M, Sugino E, Hibino S. Inhibitory effect of drugs with a ketone group on reduction of acetohexamide catalyzed by carbonyl reductase from rabbit kidney. J Enzyme Inhib. 1997;11:285-92 pubmed..Although nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs with a ketone group such as suprofen and fenbufen were not reduced by the enzyme, they strongly inhibited the reduction of acetohexamide catalyzed by the enzyme...
- Imamura Y, Murata H, Otagiri M. Metyrapone reductase purified partially from liver microsomes of male rats: the enzyme differs from acetohexamide reductase. Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol. 1997;96:219-26 pubmed..However, the partially purified enzyme was strongly inhibited by inhibitors of aldehyde reductase, such as barbital, phenobarbital and sodium valproate. ..
- Kikkawa Y, Yamanaka N, Tada J, Kanamori N, Tsumura K, Hosoi K. Prorenin processing and restricted endoproteolysis by mouse tissue kallikrein family enzymes (mK1, mK9, mK13, and mK22). Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1382:55-64 pubmed
- Oguro A, Kakeshita H, Nakamura K, Yamane K, Wang W, Bechhofer D. Bacillus subtilis RNase III cleaves both 5'- and 3'-sites of the small cytoplasmic RNA precursor. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:19542-7 pubmed..It is concluded that Bs-RNase III is an enzyme that processes pre-scRNA...
- Nojiri H, Nam J, Kosaka M, Morii K, Takemura T, Furihata K, et al. Diverse oxygenations catalyzed by carbazole 1,9a-dioxygenase from Pseudomonas sp. Strain CA10. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:3105-13 pubmed..The diverse oxygenation catalyzed by CARDO for several aromatic compounds might reflect the differences in the binding of the substrates to the reaction center of CARDO. ..
- Wakagi T, Fukuda E, Ogawa Y, Kino H, Matsuzawa H. A novel bifunctional molybdo-enzyme catalyzing both decarboxylation of indolepyruvate and oxidation of indoleacetaldehyde from a thermoacidophilic archaeon, Sulfolobus sp. strain 7. FEBS Lett. 2002;510:196-200 pubmed
- Nakatani M, Ezaki S, Atomi H, Imanaka T. Substrate recognition and fidelity of strand joining by an archaeal DNA ligase. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:650-6 pubmed..The results revealed the importance of proper base-pairing at the 3' hydroxyl side of the nick for the ligation reaction by LigTk. ..
- Fujimura S, Hirai K, Shibata Y. Dipeptidyl peptidase with strict substrate specificity of an anaerobic periodontopathogen Porphyromonas gingivalis. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2002;209:127-31 pubmed..Enzyme activity was maximum at neutral pHs. Its molecular mass was 64 kDa with an isoelectric point of 5.7. The enzyme belonged to the family of serine peptidases. ..
- Sakakibara Y, Yanagisawa H. Agmatine deiminase from cucumber seedlings is a mono-specific enzyme: purification and characteristics. Protein Expr Purif. 2003;30:88-93 pubmed..The characteristics of the enzyme purified from cucumber were like those of the enzyme from maize. These results indicate that agmatine deiminase is distinctly different from putrescine synthase in higher plants. ..
- Kitajima T, Chiba Y, Jigami Y. Saccharomyces cerevisiae alpha1,6-mannosyltransferase has a catalytic potential to transfer a second mannose molecule. FEBS J. 2006;273:5074-85 pubmed..Our results indicate that Och1p has the potential to transfer two mannoses from GDP-mannose, and strictly recognizes the overall structure of high mannose type oligosaccharide. ..
- Hakamata W, Kurihara M, Okuda H, Nishio T, Oku T. Design and screening strategies for alpha-glucosidase inhibitors based on enzymological information. Curr Top Med Chem. 2009;9:3-12 pubmed
- Makino Y, Omichi K. Sensitive assay of glycogen phosphorylase activity by analysing the chain-lengthening action on a Fluorogenic [corrected] maltooligosaccharide derivative. J Biochem. 2009;146:71-6 pubmed publisher..This method was used to measure the GP activities of crude and purified GP preparations, and was demonstrated to have about 1,000 times greater sensitivity than the spectrophotometric orthophosphate assay. ..