Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on substrate specificity in France
Topic: substrate specificity
Publications223 found, 100 shown here
- Coudevylle N, Antoine M, Bouguet Bonnet S, Mutzenhardt P, Boschi Muller S, Branlant G, et al. Solution structure and backbone dynamics of the reduced form and an oxidized form of E. coli methionine sulfoxide reductase A (MsrA): structural insight of the MsrA catalytic cycle. J Mol Biol. 2007;366:193-206 pubmed
- Hernould M, Gagné S, Fournier M, Quentin C, Arpin C. Role of the AheABC efflux pump in Aeromonas hydrophila intrinsic multidrug resistance. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2008;52:1559-63 pubmed publisher..The use of phenylalanine-arginine-beta-naphthylamide (PAbetaN) revealed an additional system(s) contributing to intrinsic resistance. This is the first analysis of the role of multidrug efflux systems in Aeromonas spp. ..
- Sirven P, Castelli F, Probst A, Szely N, Maillere B. In vitro human CD4+ T cell response to the vaccinia protective antigens B5R and A33R. Mol Immunol. 2009;46:1481-7 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data demonstrated the capacity of B5R and A33R peptides to elicit a T cell response in multiple healthy donors and showed that promiscuity and immunoprevalence of CD4 T cell epitopes are not necessarily associated. ..
- Barreteau H, Tiouajni M, Graille M, Josseaume N, Bouhss A, Patin D, et al. Functional and structural characterization of PaeM, a colicin M-like bacteriocin produced by Pseudomonas aeruginosa. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:37395-405 pubmed publisher..This isolated domain of the PaeM bacteriocin was further shown to kill E. coli cells when addressed to the periplasm of these bacteria. ..
- Kong Hap M, Mouammine A, Daher W, Berry L, Lebrun M, Dubremetz J, et al. Regulation of ATG8 membrane association by ATG4 in the parasitic protist Toxoplasma gondii. Autophagy. 2013;9:1334-48 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data highlight a role for the TgATG8 conjugation pathway in maintaining the homeostasis of the parasite's organelles and suggest that Toxoplasma has evolved a specialized autophagic machinery with original regulation. ..
- Dridi K, Amara S, Bezzine S, Rodriguez J, Carriere F, Gaussier H. Partial deletion of beta9 loop in pancreatic lipase-related protein 2 reduces enzyme activity with a larger effect on long acyl chain substrates. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1831:1293-301 pubmed..All these findings indicate that the reduced enzyme turnover observed with GPLRP2-deltabeta9 results from a weaker stabilization of the acyl enzyme intermediate due to a loss of hydrophobic interactions. ..
- Ravachol J, de Philip P, Borne R, Mansuelle P, MatÃ© M, Perret S, et al. Mechanisms involved in xyloglucan catabolism by the cellulosome-producing bacterium Ruminiclostridium cellulolyticum. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22770 pubmed publisher..This strategy appears to be widespread among cellulosome-producing mesophilic bacteria which display highly similar gene clusters encoding the cytosolic enzymes and the ABC-transporter. ..
- Zabari M, Berri M, Rouchon P, Zamora F, Tassy C, Ribadeau Dumas B, et al. Purification and characterisation of a polymorphic low M(r) bovine muscle cysteine proteinase inhibitor: structural identity with fatty-acid-binding proteins. Biochimie. 1993;75:937-45 pubmed..This homology was supported by the ability of these inhibitors to bind long chain fatty acids.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Breton R, Housset D, Mazza C, Fontecilla Camps J. The structure of a complex of human 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase with estradiol and NADP+ identifies two principal targets for the design of inhibitors. Structure. 1996;4:905-15 pubmed..Both the steroid-binding site and the NADPH-binding site can be proposed as targets for the design of inhibitors. ..
- Riou C, Salmon J, Vallier M, Gunata Z, Barre P. Purification, characterization, and substrate specificity of a novel highly glucose-tolerant beta-glucosidase from Aspergillus oryzae. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1998;64:3607-14 pubmed..Thus, this novel beta-glucosidase is of great potential interest in wine and fruit juice processing because it releases aromatic compounds from flavorless glucosidic precursors. ..
- Ragusa S, Mouchet P, Lazennec C, Dive V, Meinnel T. Substrate recognition and selectivity of peptide deformylase. Similarities and differences with metzincins and thermolysin. J Mol Biol. 1999;289:1445-57 pubmed..Specific features of PDF with respect to other members of the enzymes with motif HEXXH are discussed. ..
- Nghiêm H, Bettendorff L, Changeux J. Specific phosphorylation of Torpedo 43K rapsyn by endogenous kinase(s) with thiamine triphosphate as the phosphate donor. FASEB J. 2000;14:543-54 pubmed..The use of a phosphodonor (TTP) belonging to the thiamine family but not to the classical (ATP, GTP) purine triphosphate family represents a novel phosphorylation pathway possibly important for synaptic proteins. ..
- Noiraud N, Maurousset L, Lemoine R. Identification of a mannitol transporter, AgMaT1, in celery phloem. Plant Cell. 2001;13:695-705 pubmed
- Miclet E, Stoven V, Michels P, Opperdoes F, Lallemand J, Duffieux F. NMR spectroscopic analysis of the first two steps of the pentose-phosphate pathway elucidates the role of 6-phosphogluconolactonase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:34840-6 pubmed..Finally, the difference between activity of human, Trypanosoma brucei, and Plasmodium falciparum 6-phosphogluconolactonases is reported and discussed. ..
- Boyer V, Fort S, Frandsen T, Schülein M, Cottaz S, Driguez H. Chemoenzymatic synthesis of a bifunctionalized cellohexaoside as a specific substrate for the sensitive assay of cellulase by fluorescence quenching. Chemistry. 2002;8:1389-94 pubmed..Upon digestion with various cellulases, the energy transfer was disrupted and an increase of fluorescence was observed. ..
- Perrier J, Giardina T, Durand A, Puigserver A. Specific enhancement of acylase I and acylpeptide hydrolase activities by the corresponding N-acetylated substrates in primary rat hepatocyte cultures. Biol Cell. 2002;94:45-54 pubmed..The ratio of acylpeptide hydrolase to that of acylase I increased considerably when the medium was supplemented with N-acetylpeptides, and decreased in the presence of the N-acetylaminoacid. ..
- Pizzinat N, Marchal Victorion S, Maurel A, Ordener C, Bompart G, Parini A. Substrate-dependent regulation of MAO-A in rat mesangial cells: involvement of dopamine D2-like receptors. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2003;284:F167-74 pubmed..These results show for the first time the existence of a dopamine-dependent MAO-A regulation involving D(2)-like receptors, inhibition of the cAMP-PKA pathway, and an ex novo enzyme synthesis. ..
- Vial L, Gomez P, Panvert M, Schmitt E, Blanquet S, Mechulam Y. Mitochondrial methionyl-tRNAfMet formyltransferase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae: gene disruption and tRNA substrate specificity. Biochemistry. 2003;42:932-9 pubmed..Each mechanism appears well suited to an efficient selection of the substrate within the pool of all tRNAs. ..
- Fourrier L, Brooks P, Malinge J. Binding discrimination of MutS to a set of lesions and compound lesions (base damage and mismatch) reveals its potential role as a cisplatin-damaged DNA sensing protein. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:21267-75 pubmed
- Blanca G, Villani G, Shevelev I, Ramadan K, Spadari S, Hubscher U, et al. Human DNA polymerases lambda and beta show different efficiencies of translesion DNA synthesis past abasic sites and alternative mechanisms for frameshift generation. Biochemistry. 2004;43:11605-15 pubmed
- Madzak C, Mimmi M, Caminade E, Brault A, Baumberger S, Briozzo P, et al. Shifting the optimal pH of activity for a laccase from the fungus Trametes versicolor by structure-based mutagenesis. Protein Eng Des Sel. 2006;19:77-84 pubmed..4) for optimal activity against 2,6-dimethoxyphenol. This study also provides a new insight into the binding of the reducing substrate into the active T1 site and induced modifications in catalytic properties of the enzyme. ..
- Graille M, Baltaze J, Leulliot N, Liger D, Quevillon Cheruel S, van Tilbeurgh H. Structure-based functional annotation: yeast ymr099c codes for a D-hexose-6-phosphate mutarotase. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:30175-85 pubmed..The metabolic role of a hexose-6-phosphate mutarotase is discussed. This work illustrates that structural information has been crucial to assign YMR099cp to the orphan EC activity: hexose-phosphate mutarotase. ..
- Menant A, Barbey R, Thomas D. Substrate-mediated remodeling of methionine transport by multiple ubiquitin-dependent mechanisms in yeast cells. EMBO J. 2006;25:4436-47 pubmed..The multiple ubiquitin-dependent mechanisms that function in methionine transport regulation further exemplify the pervasive role of ubiquitin in the adaptation of single-cell organisms to environmental modifications. ..
- Guibet M, Colin S, Barbeyron T, Genicot S, Kloareg B, Michel G, et al. Degradation of lambda-carrageenan by Pseudoalteromonas carrageenovora lambda-carrageenase: a new family of glycoside hydrolases unrelated to kappa- and iota-carrageenases. Biochem J. 2007;404:105-14 pubmed
- Sedletska Y, Fourrier L, Malinge J. Modulation of MutS ATP-dependent functional activities by DNA containing a cisplatin compound lesion (base damage and mismatch). J Mol Biol. 2007;369:27-40 pubmed..We propose that DNA bending could play a role in MutS biochemical modulations induced by a compound lesion and that cisplatin DNA damage signaling by the MMR system could be modulated in a direct mode. ..
- Lopes Ferreira N. [Industrial exploitation of renewable resources: from ethanol production to bioproducts development]. J Soc Biol. 2008;202:191-9 pubmed publisher..This industrial development of a renewable energy will contribute to the diversification of energy sources used to transport and to the development of green chemistry which will partially substitute petrochemicals. ..
- Fernandez Vidal A, Mazars A, Manenti S. CDC25A: a rebel within the CDC25 phosphatases family?. Anticancer Agents Med Chem. 2008;8:825-31 pubmed..In this review, we will synthesize the current knowledge about CDC25A molecular regulations, and try to integrate these data in the cell proliferation and apoptotic functions described for the protein. ..
- Lecoq L, Bougault C, Hugonnet J, Veckerlé C, Pessey O, Arthur M, et al. Dynamics induced by ?-lactam antibiotics in the active site of Bacillus subtilis L,D-transpeptidase. Structure. 2012;20:850-61 pubmed publisher..The chemical step of the reaction determines enzyme specificity since no differences in drug affinity were observed. ..
- Meziane Cherif D, Saul F, Haouz A, Courvalin P. Structural and functional characterization of VanG D-Ala:D-Ser ligase associated with vancomycin resistance in Enterococcus faecalis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:37583-92 pubmed publisher..This study provides additional insight into the molecular evolution of d-Ala:d-X ligases and could contribute to the development of new structure-based inhibitors of vancomycin resistance enzymes. ..
- Redelberger D, Genest O, Arabet D, Mejean V, Ilbert M, Iobbi Nivol C. Quality control of a molybdoenzyme by the Lon protease. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:3935-42 pubmed publisher..Lon and TorD compete for apoTorA binding but TorD binding protects apoTorA against degradation. Lon is the first protease shown to eliminate an immature or misfolded molybdoenzyme probably by targeting its inactive catalytic site. ..
- Dulermo R, Gamboa Meléndez H, Ledesma Amaro R, Thevenieau F, Nicaud J. Yarrowia lipolytica AAL genes are involved in peroxisomal fatty acid activation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1861:555-65 pubmed publisher..Finally, an analysis of the FA content of cells grown in the oleate medium suggested that Aal4p and Aal6p present substrate specificity for C16:1 and/or C18:0. ..
- Li de La Sierra I, Gallay J, Vincent M, Bertrand T, Briozzo P, Barzu O, et al. Substrate-induced fit of the ATP binding site of cytidine monophosphate kinase from Escherichia coli: time-resolved fluorescence of 3'-anthraniloyl-2'-deoxy-ADP and molecular modeling. Biochemistry. 2000;39:15870-8 pubmed..These results provide the first experimental arguments about an ATP-mediated induced-fit of the LID in CMPK(coli) modulated by CMP, leading to a closed conformation of the active site, protected from water. ..
- Delaunay J, Le Mée G, Ezzeddine N, Labesse G, Terzian C, Capri M, et al. The Drosophila Bruno paralogue Bru-3 specifically binds the EDEN translational repression element. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:3070-82 pubmed..The phylogenetic analyses and the experimental data based on its specific binding to the EDEN element support the conclusion that Bru-3 is an EDEN-BP/CUG-BP orthologue. ..
- Espanel X, Hooft van Huijsduijnen R. Applying the SPOT peptide synthesis procedure to the study of protein tyrosine phosphatase substrate specificity: probing for the heavenly match in vitro. Methods. 2005;35:64-72 pubmed..Finally, several examples are provided that illustrate how the SPOT technology can be used in kinase and protease selectivity studies as well. ..
- Foret J, de Courcy B, Gresh N, Piquemal J, Salmon L. Synthesis and evaluation of non-hydrolyzable D-mannose 6-phosphate surrogates reveal 6-deoxy-6-dicarboxymethyl-D-mannose as a new strong inhibitor of phosphomannose isomerases. Bioorg Med Chem. 2009;17:7100-7 pubmed publisher..The kinetic study reported here also suggests the dianionic character of the phosphate surrogate as a likely essential parameter for strong binding of the inhibitor to the enzyme active site. ..
- Vié M, Blanchet P, Samson M, Francon J, Blondeau J. High affinity thyroid hormone-binding protein in human kidney: kinetic characterization and identification by photoaffinity labeling. Endocrinology. 1996;137:4563-70 pubmed..3. These findings describe the molecular properties of a NADPH/NADP+-regulated thyroid hormone-binding protein not previously identified in human and rat kidney cytosol. ..
- Cavarelli J, Prevost G, Bourguet W, Moulinier L, Chevrier B, Delagoutte B, et al. The structure of Staphylococcus aureus epidermolytic toxin A, an atypic serine protease, at 1.7 A resolution. Structure. 1997;5:813-24 pubmed..Determination of the structure of ETA and its comparison with other serine proteases may reveal insights into ETA's catalytic mechanism...
- Gorvel J, Chang T, Boretto J, Azuma T, Chavrier P. Differential properties of D4/LyGDI versus RhoGDI: phosphorylation and rho GTPase selectivity. FEBS Lett. 1998;422:269-73 pubmed..Our results suggest that LyGDI forms complexes with specific rho GTPases expressed in hematopoietic cells where it may regulate specific pathways. ..
- Massenet S, Motorin Y, Lafontaine D, Hurt E, Grosjean H, Branlant C. Pseudouridine mapping in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae spliceosomal U small nuclear RNAs (snRNAs) reveals that pseudouridine synthase pus1p exhibits a dual substrate specificity for U2 snRNA and tRNA. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2142-54 pubmed..As depletion of rRNA-pseudouridine synthase Cbf5p had no effect on UsnRNA Psi content, formation of Psi residues in S. cerevisiae UsnRNAs is not dependent on the Cbf5p-snoRNA guided mechanism. ..
- Ducret C, Maira S, Lutz Y, Wasylyk B. The ternary complex factor Net contains two distinct elements that mediate different responses to MAP kinase signalling cascades. Oncogene. 2000;19:5063-72 pubmed..In conclusion, specific targeting of Net by MAP kinase pathways involves two different docking sites and phosphorylation of two different domains. These two elements, DC and JEX, mediate two distinct functional responses. ..
- Granjon T, Vacheron M, Vial C, Buchet R. Structural changes of mitochondrial creatine kinase upon binding of ADP, ATP, or Pi, observed by reaction-induced infrared difference spectra. Biochemistry. 2001;40:2988-94 pubmed
- Rigolet P, Mechin I, Delage M, Chich J. The structural basis for catalysis and specificity of the X-prolyl dipeptidyl aminopeptidase from Lactococcus lactis. Structure. 2002;10:1383-94 pubmed..A C-terminal moiety probably plays a role in the tropism of X-PDAP toward the cellular membrane. These results give new insights for further exploration of the role of the enzymes of the SC clan...
- Roy H, Becker H, Reinbolt J, Kern D. When contemporary aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases invent their cognate amino acid metabolism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:9837-42 pubmed..This study provides evidence that a contemporary aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase can be recruited to sustain amino acid metabolism. ..
- Bescond M, Rahmani Z. Dual-specificity tyrosine-phosphorylated and regulated kinase 1A (DYRK1A) interacts with the phytanoyl-CoA alpha-hydroxylase associated protein 1 (PAHX-AP1), a brain specific protein. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2005;37:775-83 pubmed
- Colletier J, Fournier D, Greenblatt H, Stojan J, Sussman J, Zaccai G, et al. Structural insights into substrate traffic and inhibition in acetylcholinesterase. EMBO J. 2006;25:2746-56 pubmed..At the higher concentration, substrate inhibition arises from prevention of exit of acetate due to binding of two substrate molecules within the active-site gorge...
- Vignaud C, Pietrancosta N, Williams E, Rumsby G, Lederer F. Purification and characterization of recombinant human liver glycolate oxidase. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2007;465:410-6 pubmed..A comparison of some of the present results with studies dealing with other family members suggests that residues outside the active site influence the binding of a number of ligands, in particular sulfite. ..
- Chambellon E, Rijnen L, Lorquet F, Gitton C, van Hylckama Vlieg J, Wouters J, et al. The D-2-hydroxyacid dehydrogenase incorrectly annotated PanE is the sole reduction system for branched-chain 2-keto acids in Lactococcus lactis. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:873-81 pubmed publisher..Its probable physiological role is to regenerate the NAD(+) necessary to catabolize branched-chain amino acids, leading to the production of ATP and aroma compounds. ..
- Walther T, Baylac A, Alkim C, Vax A, Cordier H, Francois J. The PGM3 gene encodes the major phosphoribomutase in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:4114-8 pubmed publisher..Only mutants with a deletion of PGM3 hyper-accumulated ribose-1-phosphate. We conclude that Pgm3 functions as the major phosphoribomutase in vivo. ..
- Becker H, Motorin Y, Planta R, Grosjean H. The yeast gene YNL292w encodes a pseudouridine synthase (Pus4) catalyzing the formation of psi55 in both mitochondrial and cytoplasmic tRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 1997;25:4493-9 pubmed
- Mistou M, Gripon J. Catalytic properties of the cysteine aminopeptidase PepC, a bacterial bleomycin hydrolase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1383:63-70 pubmed..These enzymatic properties are of importance for the design of specific inhibitors and the biological function of the bleomycin hydrolases. ..
- Castaing B, Fourrey J, Hervouet N, Thomas M, Boiteux S, Zelwer C. AP site structural determinants for Fpg specific recognition. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:608-15 pubmed..This comparative study provides new information about the molecular mechanism involved in the Fpg AP lyase activity. ..
- Teufel M, Saudek V, Ledig J, Bernhardt A, Boularand S, Carreau A, et al. Sequence identification and characterization of human carnosinase and a closely related non-specific dipeptidase. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:6521-31 pubmed..5. Based on their substrate specificity and biophysical and biochemical properties CN1 was identified as human carnosinase (EC ), whereas CN2 corresponds to the cytosolic nonspecific dipeptidase (EC ). ..
- Bellais S, Arthur M, Dubost L, Hugonnet J, Gutmann L, van Heijenoort J, et al. Aslfm, the D-aspartate ligase responsible for the addition of D-aspartic acid onto the peptidoglycan precursor of Enterococcus faecium. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:11586-94 pubmed..The Aslfm ligase appears as an attractive target for the development of narrow spectrum antibiotics active against multiresistant E. faecium. ..
- Mathieu S, Aragão K, Imberty A, Varrot A. Discoidin I from Dictyostelium discoideum and Interactions with oligosaccharides: specificity, affinity, crystal structures, and comparison with discoidin II. J Mol Biol. 2010;400:540-54 pubmed publisher..The different specificities of DiscI and DiscII for oligosaccharides were rationalized from the different structures obtained by either X-ray crystallography or molecular modeling. ..
- B ven L, Charenton C, Dautant A, Bouyssou G, Labroussaa F, Sk llermo A, et al. Specific evolution of F1-like ATPases in mycoplasmas. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38793 pubmed publisher..We propose a model, in which the F(1)-like structure is associated with a hypothetical X(0) sector located in the membrane of mycoplasma cells...
- Boschi Muller S, Azza S, Pollastro D, Corbier C, Branlant G. Comparative enzymatic properties of GapB-encoded erythrose-4-phosphate dehydrogenase of Escherichia coli and phosphorylating glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:15106-12 pubmed..This also indicates that a protein engineering approach could be used to convert a phosphorylating aldehyde dehydrogenase into an efficient non-phosphorylating one and vice versa. ..
- Tourrière H, Gallouzi I, Chebli K, Capony J, Mouaikel J, van der Geer P, et al. RasGAP-associated endoribonuclease G3Bp: selective RNA degradation and phosphorylation-dependent localization. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:7747-60 pubmed..Thus, a growth factor-induced change in mRNA decay may be modulated by the nuclear localization of a site-specific endoribonuclease such as G3BP. ..
- Teintenier Lelièvre M, Julien S, Juliant S, Guerardel Y, Duonor Cérutti M, Delannoy P, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of a human hST8Sia VI (alpha2,8-sialyltransferase) responsible for the synthesis of the diSia motif on O-glycosylproteins. Biochem J. 2005;392:665-74 pubmed
- Andre Leroux G, Tessier D, Bonnin E. Endopolygalacturonases reveal molecular features for processivity pattern and tolerance towards acetylated pectin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1794:5-13 pubmed publisher..Conversely, the same method clearly evidences a hinge binding motion for AnPGII and FmPG that should only authorize one hydrolytic event per enzyme/substrate encounter. ..
- Sahr T, Adam T, Fizames C, Maurel C, Santoni V. O-carboxyl- and N-methyltransferases active on plant aquaporins. Plant Cell Physiol. 2010;51:2092-104 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study allows the characterization of the first MTases able to methylate plant transmembrane proteins and provides the first identification of a glutamate-MTase in eukaryotes. ..
- Bellinzoni M, Bastard K, Perret A, Zaparucha A, Perchat N, Vergne C, et al. 3-Keto-5-aminohexanoate cleavage enzyme: a common fold for an uncommon Claisen-type condensation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:27399-405 pubmed publisher..Kce is the first representative of a large family of prokaryotic hypothetical proteins, currently annotated as the "domain of unknown function" DUF849. ..
- El Alaoui M, Soulère L, Noiriel A, Queneau Y, Abousalham A. ?-Eleostearic acid-containing triglycerides for a continuous assay to determine lipase sn-1 and sn-3 regio-preference. Chem Phys Lipids. 2017;206:43-52 pubmed publisher..This continuous high-throughput screening method could determine directly without any processes after lipolysis the regio-selectivity of various lipases. ..
- Gilbert C, Atlan D, Blanc B, Portalier R. Proline iminopeptidase from Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus CNRZ 397: purification and characterization. Microbiology. 1994;140 ( Pt 3):537-42 pubmed publisher..The NH2-terminal amino acid sequence of the purified PepIP corresponds to the amino acid sequence deduced from the nucleotide sequence of the pepIP gene...
- Saparbaev M, Mani J, Laval J. Interactions of the human, rat, Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Escherichia coli 3-methyladenine-DNA glycosylases with DNA containing dIMP residues. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:1332-9 pubmed..coli (AlkA) proteins. At variance, the yeast MAG protein removed more efficiently HX from a dI:dG over dI:dC, dI:T and dI:dA mismatches. ..
- Harduin Lepers A, Stokes D, Steelant W, Samyn Petit B, Krzewinski Recchi M, Vallejo Ruiz V, et al. Cloning, expression and gene organization of a human Neu5Ac alpha 2-3Gal beta 1-3GalNAc alpha 2,6-sialyltransferase: hST6GalNAcIV. Biochem J. 2000;352 Pt 1:37-48 pubmed..In addition, we have clarified the genomic organization of ST6GalNAc IV gene. ..
- Helm M, Kopka M, Sharma S, Lown J, Giege R. RNase activity of a DNA minor groove binder with a minimalist catalytic motif from RNase A. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;281:1283-90 pubmed
- Pace G, Ferri V, Grave C, Elbing M, von Hänisch C, Zharnikov M, et al. Cooperative light-induced molecular movements of highly ordered azobenzene self-assembled monolayers. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:9937-42 pubmed..This observation of azobenzene-based systems displaying collective switching might be of interest for applications in high-density data storage. ..
- Villeneuve P. Lipases in lipophilization reactions. Biotechnol Adv. 2007;25:515-36 pubmed
- Peng G, McEwen A, Olieric V, Schmitt C, Albrecht S, Cavarelli J, et al. Insight into the remarkable affinity and selectivity of the aminobenzosuberone scaffold for the M1 aminopeptidases family based on structure analysis. Proteins. 2017;85:1413-1421 pubmed publisher..Structural comparisons and model-building studies allowed a deep interpretation of the SAR observed for bacterial, as well as mammalian enzymes. Proteins 2017; 85:1413-1421. © 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Ansmant I, Motorin Y, Massenet S, Grosjean H, Branlant C. Identification and characterization of the tRNA:Psi 31-synthase (Pus6p) of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:34934-40 pubmed..Finally, the cellular localization of the green fluorescent protein-tagged Pus6p was studied by functional tests and direct fluorescence microscopy. ..
- Morera S, Grin I, Vigouroux A, Couve S, Henriot V, Saparbaev M, et al. Biochemical and structural characterization of the glycosylase domain of MBD4 bound to thymine and 5-hydroxymethyuracil-containing DNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:9917-26 pubmed publisher..The recognition mechanism of flipped-out 5hmU bases in MBD4(cat) active site supports the potential role of MBD4, together with TDG, in maintenance of genome stability and active DNA demethylation in mammals. ..
- Couturier M, Roussel A, Rosengren A, Leone P, Stålbrand H, Berrin J. Structural and biochemical analyses of glycoside hydrolase families 5 and 26 ?-(1,4)-mannanases from Podospora anserina reveal differences upon manno-oligosaccharide catalysis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:14624-35 pubmed publisher..The PaMan26A structure appended to its family 35 carbohydrate binding module revealed a short and proline-rich rigid linker that anchored together the catalytic and the binding modules. ..
- Zumbihl R, Breuiller Fouche M, Carrette J, Dufour M, Ferre F, Bockaert J, et al. Up-regulation in late pregnancy of both Go1 alpha and Go2 alpha isoforms in human myometrium. Eur J Pharmacol. 1994;288:9-15 pubmed
- Declerck N, Vincent F, Hoh F, Aymerich S, van Tilbeurgh H. RNA recognition by transcriptional antiterminators of the BglG/SacY family: functional and structural comparison of the CAT domain from SacY and LicT. J Mol Biol. 1999;294:389-402 pubmed..Interestingly, the electrostatic potential maps calculated for the two molecules are quite different, except for the core of the RNA-binding site, which appears essentially neutral in both structures. ..
- Iffiú Soltész Z, Prevot D, Carpene C. Influence of prolonged fasting on monoamine oxidase and semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase activities in rat white adipose tissue. J Physiol Biochem. 2009;65:11-23 pubmed..Taken together, these data show that both MAO and SSAO activities increase in INWAT with age-dependent fattening, and indicate that only MAO diminishes during fasting. ..
- Constantinesco F, Benachenhou N, Motorin Y, Grosjean H. The tRNA(guanine-26,N2-N2) methyltransferase (Trm1) from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus: cloning, sequencing of the gene and its expression in Escherichia coli. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:3753-61 pubmed..coli cells shows enzymatic activity for the quantitative formation of N 2, N 2-dimethylguanosine at position 26 in a transcript of yeast tRNAPhe used as substrate. The recombinant enzyme was also shown to modify bulk E.coli tRNAs in vivo...
- Kurtz J, Exinger F, Erbs P, Jund R. New insights into the pyrimidine salvage pathway of Saccharomyces cerevisiae: requirement of six genes for cytidine metabolism. Curr Genet. 1999;36:130-6 pubmed
- Dallerac R, Labeur C, Jallon J, Knipple D, Roelofs W, Wicker Thomas C. A delta 9 desaturase gene with a different substrate specificity is responsible for the cuticular diene hydrocarbon polymorphism in Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:9449-54 pubmed..We suggest, therefore, that desat2 might play a control role in the biosynthesis of 5,9 HD hydrocarbons in Tai females and could explain the dienic hydrocarbon polymorphism in D. melanogaster. ..
- Grizot S, Epinat J, Thomas S, Duclert A, Rolland S, Pâques F, et al. Generation of redesigned homing endonucleases comprising DNA-binding domains derived from two different scaffolds. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:2006-18 pubmed publisher..The DmoCre based meganucleases can therefore offer new possibilities for various genome engineering applications. ..
- Obri A, Ouararhni K, Papin C, Diebold M, Padmanabhan K, Marek M, et al. ANP32E is a histone chaperone that removes H2A.Z from chromatin. Nature. 2014;505:648-53 pubmed publisher..Z at specific chromatin control regions, in particular at enhancers and insulators. ..
- Lucchetta L, Manriquez D, El Sharkawy I, Flores F, Sanchez Bel P, Zouine M, et al. Biochemical and catalytic properties of three recombinant alcohol acyltransferases of melon. sulfur-containing ester formation, regulatory role of CoA-SH in activity, and sequence elements conferring substrate preference. J Agric Food Chem. 2007;55:5213-20 pubmed
- Gueguen Y, Rolland J, Lecompte O, Azam P, Le Romancer G, Flament D, et al. Characterization of two DNA polymerases from the hyperthermophilic euryarchaeon Pyrococcus abyssi. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:5961-9 pubmed..These results increase our understanding of euryarchaeal DNA polymerases and are of importance to push forward the complete understanding of the DNA replication in P. abyssi. ..
- Desjobert C, de Soultrait V, Faure A, Parissi V, Litvak S, Tarrago Litvak L, et al. Identification by phage display selection of a short peptide able to inhibit only the strand transfer reaction catalyzed by human immunodeficiency virus type 1 integrase. Biochemistry. 2004;43:13097-105 pubmed..These IN-binding agents could be used as a base for developing new anti-integrase compounds as well as for structural studies of the still unknown three-dimensional structure of the entire integrase molecule. ..
- Schwartz A, Walmacq C, Rahmouni A, Boudvillain M. Noncanonical interactions in the management of RNA structural blocks by the transcription termination rho helicase. Biochemistry. 2007;46:9366-79 pubmed