Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on stromal cells in Germany
Topic: stromal cells
- Straatsburg I, Gossrau R. Comparative enzyme histochemistry of the early and term rat decidua with special attention to decidual regression. Histochem J. 1994;26:239-51 pubmed
- Ucar A, Vafaizadeh V, Jarry H, Fiedler J, Klemmt P, Thum T, et al. miR-212 and miR-132 are required for epithelial stromal interactions necessary for mouse mammary gland development. Nat Genet. 2010;42:1101-8 pubmed publisher..Our results identify the miR-212/132 family as one of the main regulators of the epithelial-stromal interactions that are required for proper pubertal development of the mammary gland. ..
- Eggers J, Martino V, Reinbold R, SchÃ¤fer S, Kiesel L, Starzinski Powitz A, et al. microRNA miR-200b affects proliferation, invasiveness and stemness of endometriotic cells by targeting ZEB1, ZEB2 and KLF4. Reprod Biomed Online. 2016;32:434-45 pubmed publisher..05) and require attention when considering therapeutic strategies. In conclusion, up-regulation of miR-200b reverts EMT, emerging as a potential therapeutic approach to inhibit endometriotic cell motility and invasiveness. ..
- Koczorowska M, Tholen S, Bucher F, Lutz L, Kizhakkedathu J, De Wever O, et al. Fibroblast activation protein-Î±, a stromal cell surface protease, shapes key features of cancer associated fibroblasts through proteome and degradome alterations. Mol Oncol. 2016;10:40-58 pubmed publisher..Generally, our findings link FAPÎ± to key aspects of CAF biology and attribute an important role in tumor-stroma interaction to FAPÎ±. ..
- Schuring A, Schulte N, Kelsch R, Röpke A, Kiesel L, Götte M. Characterization of endometrial mesenchymal stem-like cells obtained by endometrial biopsy during routine diagnostics. Fertil Steril. 2011;95:423-6 pubmed publisher..We conclude that adult stem cells are present in endometrial biopsies performed in a routine clinical setting, offering new large-scale approaches for future research, diagnostics, and therapies involving adult stem cells. ..
- Krishnan J, Kirkin V, Steffen A, Hegen M, Weih D, Tomarev S, et al. Differential in vivo and in vitro expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-C and VEGF-D in tumors and its relationship to lymphatic metastasis in immunocompetent rats. Cancer Res. 2003;63:713-22 pubmed
- Weber S, Wetzel S, Prox J, Lehmann T, Schneppenheim J, Donners M, et al. Regulation of adult hematopoiesis by the a disintegrin and metalloproteinase 10 (ADAM10). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;442:234-41 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that a tightly controlled ADAM10 expression is needed to balance hematopoietic cell-fate decisions in adult mice. ..
- Baumann P, Mandl Weber S, Völkl A, Adam C, Bumeder I, Oduncu F, et al. Dihydroorotate dehydrogenase inhibitor A771726 (leflunomide) induces apoptosis and diminishes proliferation of multiple myeloma cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:366-75 pubmed publisher..Considering the favorable toxicity profile and the great clinical experience with leflunomide in rheumatoid arthritis, this drug represents a potential new candidate for targeted therapy in multiple myeloma. ..
- Groner B, Lucks P, Borghouts C. The function of Stat3 in tumor cells and their microenvironment. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2008;19:341-50 pubmed publisher..The aberrant activation in tumor cells and the central function of Stat3 in the communication between cells of the immune system and tumor cells are of great interest for translational research projects and innovative drug development. ..
- Meisel R, Zibert A, Laryea M, Göbel U, Daubener W, Dilloo D. Human bone marrow stromal cells inhibit allogeneic T-cell responses by indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-mediated tryptophan degradation. Blood. 2004;103:4619-21 pubmed..As IDO-mediated T-cell inhibition depends on MSC activation, modulation of IDO activity might alter the immunosuppressive properties of MSCs in different therapeutic applications. ..
- Barth P, Ebrahimsade S, Hellinger A, Moll R, Ramaswamy A. CD34+ fibrocytes in neoplastic and inflammatory pancreatic lesions. Virchows Arch. 2002;440:128-133 pubmed publisher..Moreover, CD34+ fibrocytes and myofibroblasts appear to be involved in stromal remodeling associated with chronic pancreatitis and ductal adenocarcinoma. ..
- Kaltz N, Ringe J, Holzwarth C, Charbord P, Niemeyer M, Jacobs V, et al. Novel markers of mesenchymal stem cells defined by genome-wide gene expression analysis of stromal cells from different sources. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:2609-17 pubmed publisher..Our observations may facilitate the study of lineage relationships in MSC as well as facilitate the development of more homogeneous cell populations for mesenchymal cell therapy. ..
- Arnhold S, Heiduschka P, Klein H, Absenger Y, Basnaoglu S, Kreppel F, et al. Adenovirally transduced bone marrow stromal cells differentiate into pigment epithelial cells and induce rescue effects in RCS rats. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:4121-9 pubmed..Taken together, these results raise the possibility that MSCs have the potency to replace diseased RPE cells and deliver therapeutic proteins into the subretinal space to protect photoreceptor cells from degeneration. ..
- Chatterjee M, Rancso C, Stühmer T, Eckstein N, Andrulis M, Gerecke C, et al. The Y-box binding protein YB-1 is associated with progressive disease and mediates survival and drug resistance in multiple myeloma. Blood. 2008;111:3714-22 pubmed..Thus, YB-1 contributes to disease progression, survival, and drug resistance in MM and might therefore provide an attractive therapeutic target. ..
- Hauptmann S, Dietel M. Serous tumors of low malignant potential of the ovary-molecular pathology: part 2. Virchows Arch. 2001;438:539-51 pubmed..In questionable cases, the loss of N-cadherin would argue for the presence of a carcinoma whereas the coexpression of p21 and MDM2 is rather characteristic for SLMP tumors. ..
- Huber M, Kraut N, Park J, Schubert R, Rettig W, Peter R, et al. Fibroblast activation protein: differential expression and serine protease activity in reactive stromal fibroblasts of melanocytic skin tumors. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;120:182-8 pubmed
- Jaganathan B, Ruester B, Dressel L, Stein S, Grez M, Seifried E, et al. Rho inhibition induces migration of mesenchymal stromal cells. Stem Cells. 2007;25:1966-74 pubmed..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Nitzki F, Zibat A, König S, Wijgerde M, Rosenberger A, Brembeck F, et al. Tumor stroma-derived Wnt5a induces differentiation of basal cell carcinoma of Ptch-mutant mice via CaMKII. Cancer Res. 2010;70:2739-48 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results establish BCC as an easily accessible model of tumor regression. The regression of BCC despite sustained Hedgehog signaling activity seems to be mediated by tumor-stromal interactions via Wnt5a signaling...
- Binder C, Hagemann T, Sperling S, Schulz M, Pukrop T, Grimshaw M, et al. Stromal endothelin B receptor-deficiency inhibits breast cancer growth and metastasis. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:2452-60 pubmed publisher..This shows that tumor growth and metastasis are critically dependent on ET(B)R function in cells of the microenvironment and suggests that successful ETR antagonist therapy should also target the stromal component of ET signaling..
- Hennig T, Lorenz H, Thiel A, Goetzke K, Dickhut A, Geiger F, et al. Reduced chondrogenic potential of adipose tissue derived stromal cells correlates with an altered TGFbeta receptor and BMP profile and is overcome by BMP-6. J Cell Physiol. 2007;211:682-91 pubmed..Further studies should now be directed to induce chondrogenesis in the absence of hypertrophy. ..
- Okuducu A, Janzen V, Ko Y, Hahne J, Lu H, Ma Z, et al. Cellular retinoic acid-binding protein 2 is down-regulated in prostate cancer. Int J Oncol. 2005;27:1273-82 pubmed..Several of these genes have already been reported to be associated with carcinogenesis in organs such as the prostate. ..
- Oostendorp R, Dormer P. VLA-4-mediated interactions between normal human hematopoietic progenitors and stromal cells. Leuk Lymphoma. 1997;24:423-35 pubmed..Moreover, these insights may explain how defects in adhesive behavior of leukemic HPC through VLA-4 contribute to their dysregulated growth and provide a rationale for therapeutically correcting those defects. ..
- Hemsen A, Riethdorf L, Brunner N, Berger J, Ebel S, Thomssen C, et al. Comparative evaluation of urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor expression in primary breast carcinomas and on metastatic tumor cells. Int J Cancer. 2003;107:903-9 pubmed..Our results indicate that uPAR plays an active role in breast cancer metastasis and may therefore be a promising target for new biologic therapies. ..
- Assmann G, Kappler R, Zeindl Eberhart E, Schmid I, Häberle B, Graeb C, et al. ?-Catenin mutations in 2 nested stromal epithelial tumors of the liver--a neoplasia with defective mesenchymal-epithelial transition. Hum Pathol. 2012;43:1815-27 pubmed publisher..However, because only 2 cases were studied, this hypothesis awaits further validation. ..
- Leimeister C, Schumacher N, Diez H, Gessler M. Cloning and expression analysis of the mouse stroma marker Snep encoding a novel nidogen domain protein. Dev Dyn. 2004;230:371-7 pubmed..Furthermore, comparative expression analysis of kidney stroma markers suggests that Snep is expressed in a specific subpopulation of stromal cells and may provide environmental cues to support regular development. ..
- Abety A, Fox J, Schönefuß A, Zamek J, Landsberg J, Krieg T, et al. Stromal fibroblast-specific expression of ADAM-9 modulates proliferation and apoptosis in melanoma cells in vitro and in vivo. J Invest Dermatol. 2012;132:2451-2458 pubmed publisher..Taken together, stromal expression of ADAM-9 during melanoma development modulates the expression of TIMP-1 and sTNFR1, which in turn affect tumor cell proliferation and apoptosis. ..
- Pohnke Y, Schneider Merck T, Fahnenstich J, Kempf R, Christian M, Milde Langosch K, et al. Wild-type p53 protein is up-regulated upon cyclic adenosine monophosphate-induced differentiation of human endometrial stromal cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:5233-44 pubmed..The observation that p53 protein expression is closely associated with decidual transformation indicates a novel role for this tumor suppressor in regulating human endometrial function. ..
- Schreuder H, Liesum A, Pohl J, Kruse M, Koyama M. Crystal structure of recombinant human growth and differentiation factor 5: evidence for interaction of the type I and type II receptor-binding sites. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;329:1076-86 pubmed
- Müller S, Terszowski G, Blum C, Haller C, Anquez V, Kuschert S, et al. Gene targeting of VEGF-A in thymus epithelium disrupts thymus blood vessel architecture. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:10587-92 pubmed..These experiments provide insights into Foxn1-dependent and Foxn1-independent stromal cell development and demonstrate the value of this chimeric approach to analyzing gene function in thymus epithelium. ..
- Segerer S, Rieger L, Kapp M, Dombrowski Y, Muller N, Dietl J, et al. MIC-1 (a multifunctional modulator of dendritic cell phenotype and function) is produced by decidual stromal cells and trophoblasts. Hum Reprod. 2012;27:200-9 pubmed publisher..So far, little is known about the decidual cell subsets producing MIC-1 and the effect of this cytokine on dendritic cells (DCs), which are known to play a distinct role in the development of pro-fetal tolerance in pregnancy...
- Isachenko V, Isachenko E, Mallmann P, Rahimi G. Increasing follicular and stromal cell proliferation in cryopreserved human ovarian tissue after long-term precooling prior to freezing: in vitro versus chorioallantoic membrane (CAM) xenotransplantation. Cell Transplant. 2013;22:2053-61 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the efficacy of the CAM system for the culture of thawed human ovarian tissue was demonstrated. ..
- Adammek M, Greve B, Kässens N, Schneider C, Brüggemann K, Schuring A, et al. MicroRNA miR-145 inhibits proliferation, invasiveness, and stem cell phenotype of an in vitro endometriosis model by targeting multiple cytoskeletal elements and pluripotency factors. Fertil Steril. 2013;99:1346-1355.e5 pubmed publisher..miR-145 inhibits endometriotic cell proliferation, invasiveness, and stemness by targeting multiple pluripotency factors, cytoskeletal elements, and protease inhibitors. ..
- Gunia S, Jain A, Koch S, Denzinger S, Götz S, Niessl N, et al. Periostin expression correlates with pT-stage, grading and tumour size, and independently predicts cancer-specific survival in surgically treated penile squamous cell carcinomas. J Clin Pathol. 2013;66:297-301 pubmed publisher..Further studies should clarify the so far unresolved usefulness of periostin to be employed as a possible molecular target in antineoplastic therapy in metastasised penile SCCs. ..
- Bohnenpoll T, Bettenhausen E, Weiss A, Foik A, Trowe M, Blank P, et al. Tbx18 expression demarcates multipotent precursor populations in the developing urogenital system but is exclusively required within the ureteric mesenchymal lineage to suppress a renal stromal fate. Dev Biol. 2013;380:25-36 pubmed publisher..Our study provides new insights into the molecular diversity of urogenital progenitor cells and helps to understand the specification of the ureteric mesenchymal sub-lineage...
- Vicinus B, Rubie C, Stegmaier N, Frick V, Kölsch K, Kauffels A, et al. miR-21 and its target gene CCL20 are both highly overexpressed in the microenvironment of colorectal tumors: significance of their regulation. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:1285-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, investigating the cellular localization of miR-21 and its target CCL20 revealed that both molecules are expressed predominantly in the microenvironment of CRC tumors. ..
- Wendland M, Willenzon S, Kocks J, Davalos Misslitz A, Hammerschmidt S, Schumann K, et al. Lymph node T cell homeostasis relies on steady state homing of dendritic cells. Immunity. 2011;35:945-57 pubmed publisher..Together, these data reveal multiple roles for sDCs in regulating T cell homeostasis in LNs. ..
- Kammertoens T, Friese C, Arina A, Idel C, Briesemeister D, Rothe M, et al. Tumour ischaemia by interferon-? resembles physiological blood vessel regression. Nature. 2017;545:98-102 pubmed publisher..A better mechanistic understanding of how solid tumours are rejected may aid the design of more effective protocols for adoptive T-cell therapy. ..
- Ebrahimsade S, Westhoff C, Barth P. CD34+ fibrocytes are preserved in most invasive lobular carcinomas of the breast. Pathol Res Pract. 2007;203:695-8 pubmed..Therefore, a preserved CD34+ stromal cell population does not exclude malignancy, and analysis of the stromal CD34 expression should be handled with care when used as a diagnostic tool. ..
- Bisping G, Leo R, Wenning D, Dankbar B, Padro T, Kropff M, et al. Paracrine interactions of basic fibroblast growth factor and interleukin-6 in multiple myeloma. Blood. 2003;101:2775-83 pubmed..The IL-6 increase was again partially, but significantly, inhibited by anti-bFGF. The data demonstrate a paracrine interaction between myeloma and marrow stromal cells triggered by mutual stimulation of bFGF and IL-6. ..
- Bradl H, Wittmann J, Milius D, Vettermann C, Jack H. Interaction of murine precursor B cell receptor with stroma cells is controlled by the unique tail of lambda 5 and stroma cell-associated heparan sulfate. J Immunol. 2003;171:2338-48 pubmed
- Huber E, Vlasny D, Jeckel S, Stubenrauch F, Iftner T. Gene profiling of cottontail rabbit papillomavirus-induced carcinomas identifies upregulated genes directly Involved in stroma invasion as shown by small interfering RNA-mediated gene silencing. J Virol. 2004;78:7478-89 pubmed
- Barth P, Ebrahimsade S, Ramaswamy A, Moll R. CD34+ fibrocytes in invasive ductal carcinoma, ductal carcinoma in situ, and benign breast lesions. Virchows Arch. 2002;440:298-303 pubmed..These findings may be helpful tools in distinguishing benign breast lesions (e.g., sclerosing adenosis) from invasive breast cancer and in characterizing stromal remodeling associated with invasive cancer. ..
- Rupec R, Jundt F, Rebholz B, Eckelt B, Weindl G, Herzinger T, et al. Stroma-mediated dysregulation of myelopoiesis in mice lacking I kappa B alpha. Immunity. 2005;22:479-91 pubmed..In summary, we show that cell-fate decisions leading to a premalignant hematopoietic disorder can be initiated by nonhematopoietic cells with inactive I kappa B alpha. ..
- Nimphius W, Moll R, Olbert P, Ramaswamy A, Barth P. CD34+ fibrocytes in chronic cystitis and noninvasive and invasive urothelial carcinomas of the urinary bladder. Virchows Arch. 2007;450:179-85 pubmed..Stromal remodeling associated with invasive carcinomas in the urinary bladder is characterized by a loss of CD34+ fibrocytes paralleled by a gain of alpha-SMA-positive myofibroblasts and increased expression of SPARC. ..
- Siebertz B, Stocker G, Drzeniek Z, Handt S, Just U, Haubeck H. Expression of glypican-4 in haematopoietic-progenitor and bone-marrow-stromal cells. Biochem J. 1999;344 Pt 3:937-43 pubmed..Furthermore, GPC-4-positive progenitor cells and stromal cells were enriched from normal human bone marrow by magnetic-cell sorting and analysed by confocal laser-scanning microscopy. ..
- Kaltz N, Funari A, Hippauf S, Delorme B, Noel D, Riminucci M, et al. In vivo osteoprogenitor potency of human stromal cells from different tissues does not correlate with expression of POU5F1 or its pseudogenes. Stem Cells. 2008;26:2419-24 pubmed publisher..Despite low-level expression of POU5F1, we were unable to precipitate POU5F1 protein in either BM-MSC or UVSC. These results demonstrate that MSC stemness does not correlate to expression of POU5F1 transcripts or its pseudogenes. ..
- Zigrino P, Kuhn I, Bauerle T, Zamek J, Fox J, Neumann S, et al. Stromal expression of MMP-13 is required for melanoma invasion and metastasis. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:2686-93 pubmed publisher..These data suggest an important role of MMP-13 in tumor growth and an unexpected role in organ-specific metastasis of melanoma cells. ..
- Kogler G, Critser P, Trapp T, Yoder M. Future of cord blood for non-oncology uses. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2009;44:683-97 pubmed publisher..By taking advantage of numerous CB units discarded due to lack of sufficient hematopoietic cells for clinical transplantation, new concepts to produce off-the-shelf products are presented as well. ..
- Richter M, Meyer W, Küster J, Middel P. Exophytic benign mixed epithelial stromal tumour of the kidney: case report of a rare tumour entity. Diagn Pathol. 2010;5:16 pubmed publisher..Most tumours are benign, although rare malignant cases have been observed...
- Kluth S, Buchheiser A, Houben A, Geyh S, Krenz T, Radke T, et al. DLK-1 as a marker to distinguish unrestricted somatic stem cells and mesenchymal stromal cells in cord blood. Stem Cells Dev. 2010;19:1471-83 pubmed publisher..Constitutive overexpression of DLK-1/PREF1 in CB MSC resulted in a reduced adipogenic differentiation, whereas silencing of DLK-1 in USSC resulted in adipogenic differentiation. ..
- Jahn E, Classen Linke I, Kusche M, Beier H, Traub O, Grummer R, et al. Expression of gap junction connexins in the human endometrium throughout the menstrual cycle. Hum Reprod. 1995;10:2666-70 pubmed..These results suggest that the different connexins could represent cell biological markers for the proliferation and differentiation of the human endometrium throughout the menstrual cycle. ..
- Endres R, Alimzhanov M, Plitz T, Fütterer A, Kosco Vilbois M, Nedospasov S, et al. Mature follicular dendritic cell networks depend on expression of lymphotoxin beta receptor by radioresistant stromal cells and of lymphotoxin beta and tumor necrosis factor by B cells. J Exp Med. 1999;189:159-68 pubmed..Thus, development of splenic FDC networks depends on expression of LTbeta and TNF by B lymphocytes and LTbetaR by radioresistant stromal cells. ..
- Wehmeyer C, Pap T, Buckley C, Naylor A. The role of stromal cells in inflammatory bone loss. Clin Exp Immunol. 2017;189:1-11 pubmed publisher..Increasing our understanding of these processes is critical to enable the development of novel therapeutic strategies with which to treat bone loss in RA. ..
- Friel J, Itoh K, Bergholz U, Jücker M, Stocking C, Harrison P, et al. Hierarchy of stroma-derived factors in supporting growth of stroma-dependent hemopoietic cells: membrane-bound SCF is sufficient to confer stroma competence to epithelial cells. Growth Factors. 2002;20:35-51 pubmed..In our model system, membrane-bound SCF expression is sufficient to confer stroma properties to an epithelial cell line but soluble SCF does not. ..
- Hofbauer L, Hicok K, Chen D, Khosla S. Regulation of osteoprotegerin production by androgens and anti-androgens in human osteoblastic lineage cells. Eur J Endocrinol. 2002;147:269-73 pubmed..In conclusion, we demonstrate that androgens specifically inhibit OPG mRNA levels and protein secretion by osteoblastic cells. ..
- Segerer S, Martignoni F, Bogdan A, Muller N, Kapp M, Dietl J, et al. Thrombopoietin modulates the proliferation, migration and cytokine profile of decidual cell subsets during early gestation. Mol Hum Reprod. 2013;19:361-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, we here identified TPO as a novel factor modulating the proliferation, migration and possibly cytokine secretion of decidual cell subsets. ..
- Brehmer B, Biesterfeld S, Jakse G. Expression of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP-2 and -9) and their inhibitors (TIMP-1 and -2) in prostate cancer tissue. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2003;6:217-22 pubmed..The observed imbalance of MMP and TIMP is mainly caused by a loss of TIMP-1. Furthermore, palpable tumours demonstrated significantly more MMP-2 and significantly less MMP-9 expression than nonpalpable tumours. ..
- Albrecht M, Doroszewicz J, Gillen S, Gomes I, Wilhelm B, Stief T, et al. Proliferation of prostate cancer cells and activity of neutral endopeptidase is regulated by bombesin and IL-1beta with IL-1beta acting as a modulator of cellular differentiation. Prostate. 2004;58:82-94 pubmed
- Jurgensen J, Rosenberger C, Wiesener M, Warnecke C, Hörstrup J, Grafe M, et al. Persistent induction of HIF-1alpha and -2alpha in cardiomyocytes and stromal cells of ischemic myocardium. FASEB J. 2004;18:1415-7 pubmed..Cardiomyocytes and cardiac stromal cells exhibit a marked potential for a prolonged transcriptional response to ischemia mediated by HIF. The induction of HIF-1alpha and -2alpha appears to be complementary rather than solely redundant. ..
- Baumann P, Mandl Weber S, Emmerich B, Straka C, Schmidmaier R. Activation of adenosine monophosphate activated protein kinase inhibits growth of multiple myeloma cells. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:3592-603 pubmed..Our results suggest that activation of AMPK inhibits MM cell growth despite stimulation with IL-6, IGF-1, or HS-5 stromal cell conditioned medium and represents a potential new target in the therapy of MM. ..
- Koch P, Stenzinger A, Viard M, Marker D, Mayser P, Nilles M, et al. The novel protein PTPIP51 is expressed in human keratinocyte carcinomas and their surrounding stroma. J Cell Mol Med. 2008;12:2083-95 pubmed publisher..The results showed a distinct mainly membranous expression pattern of PTPIP51 in BCCs and SCCs. Since PTPIP51 was also detected in the peritumoural tissue, the protein may play a crucial role in ke ..
- Reinmuth N, Liersch R, Raedel M, Fehrmann F, Fehrmann N, Bayer M, et al. Combined anti-PDGFRalpha and PDGFRbeta targeting in non-small cell lung cancer. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:1535-44 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that combined inhibition of PDGFRalpha and -beta results in markedly decreased tumor growth in vivo because of impaired recruitment of periendothelial cells. ..
- Oberauer R, Rist W, Lenter M, Hamilton B, Neubauer H. EGFL6 is increasingly expressed in human obesity and promotes proliferation of adipose tissue-derived stromal vascular cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2010;343:257-69 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that human EGFL6 is a paracrine/autocrine growth factor of adipose tissue up-regulated in obesity and potentially involved in the process of adipose tissue expansion and the development of obesity. ..