Experts and Doctors on starch in Australia
- Bird A, Conlon M, Christophersen C, Topping D. Resistant starch, large bowel fermentation and a broader perspective of prebiotics and probiotics. Benef Microbes. 2010;1:423-31 pubmed publisher..Current efforts to improve public health through increasing RS consumption could be facilitated by greater recognition of its prebiotic role. ..
- Mamun E, Alfred S, Cantrill L, Overall R, Sutton B. Effects of chilling on male gametophyte development in rice. Cell Biol Int. 2006;30:583-91 pubmed..Vacuolation and hypertrophy are also symptoms of osmotic imbalance triggered by the reabsorption of callose breakdown products due to absence of OsMST8 activity. ..
- Wu P, Deng R, Wu X, Wang Y, Dong Z, Dhital S, et al. In vitro gastric digestion of cooked white and brown rice using a dynamic rat stomach model. Food Chem. 2017;237:1065-1072 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the structural difference could affect physiochemical properties during gastric digestion. ..
- Burton R, Jenner H, Carrangis L, Fahy B, Fincher G, Hylton C, et al. Starch granule initiation and growth are altered in barley mutants that lack isoamylase activity. Plant J. 2002;31:97-112 pubmed..These results suggest that, as well as suppressing phytoglycogen synthesis, isoamylase in the wild-type endosperm plays a role in determining the number, and hence the form, of starch granules. ..
- Bhattarai R, Dhital S, Wu P, Chen X, Gidley M. Digestion of isolated legume cells in a stomach-duodenum model: three mechanisms limit starch and protein hydrolysis. Food Funct. 2017;8:2573-2582 pubmed publisher..The study suggests that the preservation of intactness of plant cells, such as from legumes, could be a viable approach to achieve the targeted delivery of resistant starch to the colon. ..
- Wang X, Appels R, Zhang X, Diepeveen D, Török K, Tomoskozi S, et al. Protein interactions during flour mixing using wheat flour with altered starch. Food Chem. 2017;231:247-257 pubmed publisher..The findings provide new entry points for modifying final product attributes. ..
- Xue G, Drenth J, Glassop D, Kooiker M, McIntyre C. Dissecting the molecular basis of the contribution of source strength to high fructan accumulation in wheat. Plant Mol Biol. 2013;81:71-92 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that high source strength is one of the important genetic factors determining high levels of WSC in wheat. ..
- Pope P, Smith W, Denman S, Tringe S, Barry K, Hugenholtz P, et al. Isolation of Succinivibrionaceae implicated in low methane emissions from Tammar wallabies. Science. 2011;333:646-8 pubmed publisher..This knowledge also provides new strategic targets for redirecting fermentation and reducing methane production in livestock...
- Fitzgerald M, Martin M, Ward R, Park W, Shead H. Viscosity of rice flour: a rheological and biological study. J Agric Food Chem. 2003;51:2295-9 pubmed..Starch-lipid complexes can mask differences in the molecular structures of amylose and amylopectin, and removing lipids alters the structure of the paste significantly, which consequently alters viscosity curves. ..