Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on src family kinases in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: src family kinases
- Wang Y, Ripperger J, Fey G, Samols D, Kordula T, Wetzler M, et al. Modulation of hepatic acute phase gene expression by epidermal growth factor and Src protein tyrosine kinases in murine and human hepatic cells. Hepatology. 1999;30:682-97 pubmed..The study shows a dual signaling function for EGFR and suggests that the ratio of receptor-activated STATs and Erks influence the level of stimulated or inhibited expression of individual APPs. ..
- Khan M, CHESNEY J, Laber D, Miller D. Digitalis, a targeted therapy for cancer?. Am J Med Sci. 2009;337:355-9 pubmed publisher..It is reasonable to expect that the addition of digitalis to current cancer treatments will improve the clinical outcomes...
- Morisco C, Marrone C, Galeotti J, Shao D, Vatner D, Vatner S, et al. Endocytosis machinery is required for beta1-adrenergic receptor-induced hypertrophy in neonatal rat cardiac myocytes. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;78:36-44 pubmed publisher..Activation of the endocytosis machinery is required for activation of Akt, which, in turn, critically mediates beta1-AR-induced cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Yuan L, Yu Y, Sanders M, Majumdar A, Basson M. Schlafen 3 induction by cyclic strain regulates intestinal epithelial differentiation. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2010;298:G994-G1003 pubmed publisher..The induction of Schlafen 3 or its human homologs may modulate intestinal epithelial differentiation and preserve the gut mucosa during normal gut function. ..
- Khoury T, Arshad A, Bogner P, Ramnath N, Zhang S, Chandrasekhar R, et al. Apoptosis-related (survivin, Bcl-2), tumor suppressor gene (p53), proliferation (Ki-67), and non-receptor tyrosine kinase (Src) markers expression and correlation with clinicopathologic variables in 60 thymic neoplasms. Chest. 2009;136:220-228 pubmed publisher..Our objective was to investigate the expression of survivin, Bcl-2, p53, Ki-67, and Src in thymic neoplasms and analyze their interrelationship with clinicopathologic variables...
- Heidkamp M, Bayer A, Scully B, Eble D, Samarel A. Activation of focal adhesion kinase by protein kinase C epsilon in neonatal rat ventricular myocytes. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2003;285:H1684-96 pubmed..We conclude that the ET-induced signal transduction pathway resulting in downstream Y397pFAK is partially dependent on PKC epsilon, ROCK, cofilin, and assembled actin filaments, but not ERK1/2 or Src. ..
- Martins Green M, Bixby J, Yamamoto T, Graf T, Sudol M. Tissue specific expression of Yrk kinase: implications for differentiation and inflammation. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2000;32:351-64 pubmed
- Lee M, Klein R, El Shewy H, Luttrell D, Luttrell L. The adiponectin receptors AdipoR1 and AdipoR2 activate ERK1/2 through a Src/Ras-dependent pathway and stimulate cell growth. Biochemistry. 2008;47:11682-92 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that adiponectin can exert proliferative effects by activating Ras signaling pathways. ..
- Luttrell L. Transmembrane signaling by G protein-coupled receptors. Methods Mol Biol. 2006;332:3-49 pubmed..In some cases, these processes appear to generate signals in conjunction with, or even independent of, G protein activation. ..
- Fazal N, Al Ghoul W, Schmidt M, Choudhry M, Sayeed M. Lyn- and ERK-mediated vs. Ca2+ -mediated neutrophil O responses with thermal injury. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2002;283:C1469-79 pubmed..Overall, our studies show that enhanced neutrophil O production after thermal injury is a result of potentiation of Ca2+ -linked and -independent signaling triggered by inflammatory agents such as PAF. ..
- Zubkov A, Miao L, Zhang J. Signal transduction of ET-1 in contraction of cerebral arteries. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2004;44 Suppl 1:S24-6 pubmed..MAPK is downstream of PTK, Src and JAK pathways. PI-3 kinase and MLC might be the upstream and downstream factors of RhoA activation. ..
- Krapf D, Arcelay E, Wertheimer E, Sanjay A, Pilder S, Salicioni A, et al. Inhibition of Ser/Thr phosphatases induces capacitation-associated signaling in the presence of Src kinase inhibitors. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:7977-85 pubmed publisher..More importantly, this work presents strong evidence that capacitation is regulated by two parallel pathways. One of them requiring activation of protein kinase A and the second one involving inactivation of Ser/Thr phosphatases. ..
- Saouaf S, Kut S, Fargnoli J, Rowley R, Bolen J, Mahajan S. Reconstitution of the B cell antigen receptor signaling components in COS cells. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:27072-8 pubmed..These findings indicate that the unique domain of Src family kinases may direct recognition of certain substrates leading to their phosphorylation. ..
- Bielefeld E, Hynes S, Pryznosch D, Liu J, Coleman J, Henderson D. A comparison of the protective effects of systemic administration of a pro-glutathione drug and a Src-PTK inhibitor against noise-induced hearing loss. Noise Health. 2005;7:24-30 pubmed..There were no significant side effects (i.e.: appetite loss, weight loss, lethargy, etc.) related to either of the drug treatments. KX1-004 produced at least as much protection as L-NAC, but at a significantly lower concentration...
- Alvares S, Dunn C, Brown T, Wayner E, Carter W. The role of membrane microdomains in transmembrane signaling through the epithelial glycoprotein Gp140/CDCP1. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1780:486-96 pubmed publisher..We propose that the clustering of Gp140 and signaling components in membrane microdomains in cell-cell contacts contributes to changes in cell behavior. ..
- Nikolic D, Cholewa J, Gass C, Gong M, Post S. Class A scavenger receptor-mediated cell adhesion requires the sequential activation of Lyn and PI3-kinase. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;292:C1450-8 pubmed..Thus SR-A binding to modified protein activates signaling cascades that have distinct roles in regulating initial cell attachment and subsequent cell spreading. ..
- Takeishi Y, Huang Q, Wang T, Glassman M, Yoshizumi M, Baines C, et al. Src family kinase and adenosine differentially regulate multiple MAP kinases in ischemic myocardium: modulation of MAP kinases activation by ischemic preconditioning. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2001;33:1989-2005 pubmed..These data suggest important roles for Src family kinases and adenosine in mediating preconditioning, and suggest specific roles for individual MAP kinases in preconditioning. ..
- White W, Seibenhener M, Wooten M. Phosphorylation of tyrosine 256 facilitates nuclear import of atypical protein kinase C. J Cell Biochem. 2002;85:42-53 pubmed..Altogether, these findings document a novel role for the tyrosine phosphorylation in regulating import of atypical PKC into the nucleus. ..
- Menon P, Yin G, Smolock E, Zuscik M, Yan C, Berk B. GPCR kinase 2 interacting protein 1 (GIT1) regulates osteoclast function and bone mass. J Cell Physiol. 2010;225:777-85 pubmed publisher..These data show that GIT1 is a key regulator of bone mass in vivo by regulating osteoclast function and suggest GIT1 as a potential target for osteoporosis therapy. ..
- Haendeler J, Yin G, Hojo Y, Saito Y, Melaragno M, Yan C, et al. GIT1 mediates Src-dependent activation of phospholipase Cgamma by angiotensin II and epidermal growth factor. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:49936-44 pubmed..We propose that GIT1 is a novel regulator of PLCgamma function that mediates PLCgamma activation by c-Src and integrates signal transduction by GPCRs and TKRs. ..
- Rice K, Desai D, Kinnard R, Harris R, Wright G, Blough E. Load-induced focal adhesion mechanotransduction is altered with aging in the Fischer 344/NNiaHSd x Brown Norway/BiNia rat aorta. Biogerontology. 2007;8:257-67 pubmed..These results confirm previous observations that FAK and focal adhesion-associated proteins are mechanically regulated and expand these studies to suggest that FAK mechanotransduction is altered with aging. ..
- Li C, Iida M, Dunn E, Ghia A, Wheeler D. Nuclear EGFR contributes to acquired resistance to cetuximab. Oncogene. 2009;28:3801-13 pubmed publisher..Further, these data suggest a rationale for the design of clinical trials that examine the value of treating patients with cetuximab-resistant tumors with inhibitors of SFKs in combination with cetuximab. ..
- Zhu F, Choi B, Ma W, Zhao Z, Zhang Y, Cho Y, et al. COOH-terminal Src kinase-mediated c-Jun phosphorylation promotes c-Jun degradation and inhibits cell transformation. Cancer Res. 2006;66:5729-36 pubmed..These results indicated that this function of CSK controls cell proliferation under normal growth conditions and may have implications for CSK loss of function in carcinogenesis. ..
- Matsuoka H, Obama H, Kelly M, Matsui T, Nakamoto M. Biphasic functions of the kinase-defective Ephb6 receptor in cell adhesion and migration. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:29355-63 pubmed
- Roby K, Son D, Taylor C, Montgomery Rice V, Kirchoff J, Tang S, et al. Alterations in reproductive function in SRC tyrosine kinase knockout mice. Endocrine. 2005;26:169-76 pubmed..Serum LH and FSH on d 40 and 52 of age did not differ between Src wild-type and knockout females. Results from these studies reveal that female Src knockout mice are infertile due to reduced follicle development and anovulation. ..
- Hirsch A, Medigeshi G, Meyers H, DeFilippis V, Fruh K, Briese T, et al. The Src family kinase c-Yes is required for maturation of West Nile virus particles. J Virol. 2005;79:11943-51 pubmed..These results identify c-Yes as a cellular protein that is involved in WNV assembly and egress. ..
- Lee K, Lee K, Jung S, Lee E, Heo Y, Bode A, et al. Kaempferol inhibits UVB-induced COX-2 expression by suppressing Src kinase activity. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;80:2042-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that kaempferol is a potent chemopreventive agent against skin cancer through its inhibitory interaction with Src. ..
- Schmitt J, Stork P. Galpha and Gbeta gamma require distinct Src-dependent pathways to activate Rap1 and Ras. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:43024-32 pubmed..We propose that the beta(2)-adrenergic receptor activates Src via two independent mechanisms to mediate distinct signaling pathways, one through Galpha(s) to Rap1 and ERKs and the other through Gbetagamma to Ras and AKT. ..
- Chi M, Tridandapani S, Zhong W, Coggeshall K, Mortensen R. C-reactive protein induces signaling through Fc gamma RIIa on HL-60 granulocytes. J Immunol. 2002;168:1413-8 pubmed..The signaling events driven by CRP have the potential to regulate infiltrating neutrophil activities. ..
- Pedram A, Razandi M, Levin E. Deciphering vascular endothelial cell growth factor/vascular permeability factor signaling to vascular permeability. Inhibition by atrial natriuretic peptide. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:44385-98 pubmed..Thus, ANP acts as an anti-permeability factor by inhibiting the signaling functions of VPF that we define here and by preserving the endothelial cell TJ functional morphology. ..
- Kinney C, Chandrasekharan U, Mavrakis L, DiCorleto P. VEGF and thrombin induce MKP-1 through distinct signaling pathways: role for MKP-1 in endothelial cell migration. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;294:C241-50 pubmed..Overall, these results demonstrate distinct MAPK signaling pathways for thrombin versus VEGF induction of MKP-1 in ECs and point to the importance of MKP-1 induction in VEGF-stimulated EC migration. ..
- Brown M, Andrade J, Radhakrishna H, Donaldson J, Cooper J, Randazzo P. ASAP1, a phospholipid-dependent arf GTPase-activating protein that associates with and is phosphorylated by Src. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:7038-51 pubmed..By directly interacting with both Arfs and tyrosine kinases involved in regulating cell growth and cytoskeletal organization, ASAP1 could coordinate membrane remodeling events with these processes. ..
- Choma D, Milano V, Pumiglia K, DiPersio C. Integrin alpha3beta1-dependent activation of FAK/Src regulates Rac1-mediated keratinocyte polarization on laminin-5. J Invest Dermatol. 2007;127:31-40 pubmed..These findings reveal a novel pathway in migratory keratinocytes wherein alpha3beta1-laminin-5 interactions regulate src kinase signaling through FAK, promoting Rac1 activation and polarized lamellipodium extension. ..
- Laszlo G, Nathanson N. Src family kinase-independent signal transduction and gene induction by leukemia inhibitory factor. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:27750-7 pubmed..These results demonstrate that IL-6 family cytokines can activate a full repertoire of signaling pathways and induce gene expression independent of SFKs. ..
- Craxton A, Jiang A, Kurosaki T, Clark E. Syk and Bruton's tyrosine kinase are required for B cell antigen receptor-mediated activation of the kinase Akt. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:30644-50 pubmed..Thus, BCR-mediated Akt stimulation is regulated by multiple non-receptor PTK families which regulate Akt both proximal and distal to phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activation. ..
- Liu Y, Jenkins B, Shin J, Rohrschneider L. Scaffolding protein Gab2 mediates differentiation signaling downstream of Fms receptor tyrosine kinase. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:3047-56 pubmed..These data indicate that Gab2 is involved in the activation of the MAPK pathway and that the interaction between Gab2 and SHP2 is essential for the differentiation signal triggered by M-CSF. ..
- Walsh K, Zhang J. Regulation of cardiac volume-sensitive chloride channel by focal adhesion kinase and Src kinase. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005;289:H2566-74 pubmed..Furthermore, overexpression of FRNK but not FAK caused a twofold augmentation in I(Cl,swell) and increased the rate of current activation. Thus the tyrosine kinases FAK and Src contribute to the regulation of ICl,swell. ..
- Lilly M, Ottmann O, Shah N, Larson R, Reiffers J, Ehninger G, et al. Dasatinib 140 mg once daily versus 70 mg twice daily in patients with Ph-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia who failed imatinib: Results from a phase 3 study. Am J Hematol. 2010;85:164-70 pubmed publisher..Compared with the 70 mg twice daily, dasatinib 140 mg once daily had similar overall efficacy and safety in patients with imatinib-resistant or intolerant Ph+ ALL. (clinicaltrials.gov identifier: NCT00123487). ..
- Courter D, Lomas L, Scatena M, Giachelli C. Src kinase activity is required for integrin alphaVbeta3-mediated activation of nuclear factor-kappaB. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12145-51 pubmed..Together, these experiments indicate that the C terminus of beta3 and Src activity are required for integrin alpha(v)beta3-mediated nuclear factor-kappaB activation. ..
- Qing Y, Stark G. Alternative activation of STAT1 and STAT3 in response to interferon-gamma. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:41679-85 pubmed
- Somanath P, Malinin N, Byzova T. Cooperation between integrin alphavbeta3 and VEGFR2 in angiogenesis. Angiogenesis. 2009;12:177-85 pubmed publisher..The pathological consequences and regulatory events involved in this receptor cross-talk are also presented. ..
- Obara Y, Labudda K, Dillon T, Stork P. PKA phosphorylation of Src mediates Rap1 activation in NGF and cAMP signaling in PC12 cells. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:6085-94 pubmed..PKA phosphorylation of Src may therefore be required for Rap1 activation in PC12 cells. ..
- Sachdev S, Bu Y, Gelman I. Paxillin-Y118 phosphorylation contributes to the control of Src-induced anchorage-independent growth by FAK and adhesion. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:12 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that phosphorylation of Src substrates is a dynamic process, influenced temporally and spatially by factors such as FAK and adhesion. ..
- Kamei T, Jones S, Chapman B, MCGonigle K, Dai G, Soares M. The phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling pathway modulates the endocrine differentiation of trophoblast cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:1469-81 pubmed..In summary, activation of the PI3-K/Akt signaling pathway regulates the development of the differentiated trophoblast giant cell phenotype. ..
- Fischer A, Mercer J, Iyer A, Ragin M, August A. Regulation of CXC chemokine receptor 4-mediated migration by the Tec family tyrosine kinase ITK. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:29816-20 pubmed..Our data suggest that ITK may regulate the ability of CXCR4 to induce T cell migration. ..
- Rahaman S, Lennon D, Febbraio M, Podrez E, Hazen S, Silverstein R. A CD36-dependent signaling cascade is necessary for macrophage foam cell formation. Cell Metab. 2006;4:211-21 pubmed..These findings show that a specific CD36-dependent signaling pathway initiated by oxLDL is necessary for foam cell formation and identify potential targets for antiatherosclerosis therapy. ..
- Simonson M, Wang Y, Herman W. Ca2+ channels mediate protein tyrosine kinase activation by endothelin-1. Am J Physiol. 1996;270:F790-7 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that ET-1 stimulates nonreceptor PTK activity, including pp60c-src, by activating Ca2+ channels and subsequent influx of extracellular Ca2+...
- Hecker T, Grammer J, Gillespie G, Stewart J, Gladson C. Focal adhesion kinase enhances signaling through the Shc/extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway in anaplastic astrocytoma tumor biopsy samples. Cancer Res. 2002;62:2699-707 pubmed
- Monaghan Benson E, McKeown Longo P. Urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor regulates a novel pathway of fibronectin matrix assembly requiring Src-dependent transactivation of epidermal growth factor receptor. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:9450-9 pubmed..These data provide evidence for a novel pathway of fibronectin matrix assembly through the uPAR-dependent sequential activation of Src kinase, EGFR, and beta1 integrin. ..
- Wu J, Sheibani N. Modulation of VE-cadherin and PECAM-1 mediated cell-cell adhesions by mitogen-activated protein kinases. J Cell Biochem. 2003;90:121-37 pubmed..Thus, sustained activation of MAPK/ERKs plays an important role in disruption of cell-cell adhesion and migration of endothelial cells. ..
- Criswell T, Beman M, Araki S, Leskov K, Cataldo E, Mayo L, et al. Delayed activation of insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor/Src/MAPK/Egr-1 signaling regulates clusterin expression, a pro-survival factor. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:14212-21 pubmed..Thus, ionizing radiation exposure causes stress-induced activation of IGF-1R-Src-Mek-Erk-Egr-1 signaling that regulates the sCLU pro-survival cascade pathway, important for radiation resistance in cancer therapy. ..
- Muda M, Worby C, Simonson Leff N, Clemens J, Dixon J. Use of double-stranded RNA-mediated interference to determine the substrates of protein tyrosine kinases and phosphatases. Biochem J. 2002;366:73-7 pubmed..The present study illustrates the versatility of RNAi in the identification of the physiological substrates for protein kinases and phosphatases. ..
- Fukuda S, Kaga S, Sasaki H, Zhan L, Zhu L, Otani H, et al. Angiogenic signal triggered by ischemic stress induces myocardial repair in rat during chronic infarction. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2004;36:547-59 pubmed
- Chang R, Chicoine L, Cui H, Kanagy N, Walker B, Liu Y, et al. Cytokine-induced arginase activity in pulmonary endothelial cells is dependent on Src family tyrosine kinase activity. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2008;295:L688-97 pubmed publisher..These findings support our hypothesis that inflammatory stimuli lead to increased urea and NO production through a STK-mediated pathway. Furthermore, these results indicate that the STK Fyn plays a critical role in this process. ..
- Mahabeleshwar G, Feng W, Reddy K, Plow E, Byzova T. Mechanisms of integrin-vascular endothelial growth factor receptor cross-activation in angiogenesis. Circ Res. 2007;101:570-80 pubmed
- Bassa B, Noh J, Ganji S, Shin M, Roh D, Kamanna V. Lysophosphatidylcholine stimulates EGF receptor activation and mesangial cell proliferation: regulatory role of Src and PKC. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1771:1364-71 pubmed
- Shi G, Jin L, Andres D. Src-dependent TrkA transactivation is required for pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide 38-mediated Rit activation and neuronal differentiation. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:1597-608 pubmed publisher..Together, these observations expand upon the nature of PACR1-mediated transactivation and identify TrkA-Rit signaling as a key contributor to PACAP-dependent neuronal differentiation. ..
- Song C, Vondriska T, Wang G, Klein J, Cao X, Zhang J, et al. Molecular conformation dictates signaling module formation: example of PKCepsilon and Src tyrosine kinase. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2002;282:H1166-71 pubmed..Together, these results illustrate that formation of a signaling module between PKCepsilon and Src involves specific domains within the two molecules and is governed by the molecular conformation of PKCepsilon. ..
- Chan K, Cortesio C, Huttenlocher A. FAK alters invadopodia and focal adhesion composition and dynamics to regulate breast cancer invasion. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:357-70 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings provide novel insight into the interplay between FAK and Src to promote invasion...
- Ling K, Doughman R, Iyer V, Firestone A, Bairstow S, Mosher D, et al. Tyrosine phosphorylation of type Igamma phosphatidylinositol phosphate kinase by Src regulates an integrin-talin switch. J Cell Biol. 2003;163:1339-49 pubmed..This defines a novel phosphotyrosine-binding site on the talin F3 domain and a "molecular switch" for talin binding between PIPKIgamma661 and beta-integrin that may regulate dynamic FA turnover. ..
- Duan L, Imamoto A, Fong G. Dual roles of the C-terminal Src kinase (Csk) during developmental vascularization. Blood. 2004;103:1370-2 pubmed..Despite the partial rescue of vascular development in chimeric embryos, the embryos failed to form vitelline vessels and died at E9.5. These results indicate that Csk is required both for angiogenic sprouting and vascular remodeling. ..
- Fulton D, Church J, Ruan L, Li C, Sood S, Kemp B, et al. Src kinase activates endothelial nitric-oxide synthase by phosphorylating Tyr-83. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:35943-52 pubmed..Furthermore, the Y83F eNOS mutation attenuated thapsigargin-stimulated NO production. Taken together, these data indicate that Src-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of eNOS at Tyr-83 modulates eNOS activity in endothelial cells. ..
- Mukherjee A, Arnaud L, Cooper J. Lipid-dependent recruitment of neuronal Src to lipid rafts in the brain. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:40806-14 pubmed..These findings suggest that NSrc may be involved in signaling from lipid rafts in mouse brain. ..
- Karim Z, Choi W, Whiteheart S. Primary platelet signaling cascades and integrin-mediated signaling control ADP-ribosylation factor (Arf) 6-GTP levels during platelet activation and aggregation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:11995-2003 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that the nucleotide state of Arf6 in platelets is regulated during the initial phases of activation and during the later stages of aggregation. ..
- Yamaura G, Turoczi T, Yamamoto F, Siddqui M, Maulik N, Das D. STAT signaling in ischemic heart: a role of STAT5A in ischemic preconditioning. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2003;285:H476-82 pubmed..For the first time, the results also indicated a role of Src kinase pathway in STAT5A PC and PI-3 kinase-Akt pathways appear to be the downstream regulator for STAT5A-STAT6 signaling pathway. ..
- Fan H, Teti G, Ashton S, Guyton K, Tempel G, Halushka P, et al. Involvement of G(i) proteins and Src tyrosine kinase in TNFalpha production induced by lipopolysaccharide, group B Streptococci and Staphylococcus aureus. Cytokine. 2003;22:126-33 pubmed..However, unlike LPS, involvement of PI3 Kinase in Gram-positive bacteria induced signaling pathways are species dependent. ..
- Mishra R, Zhu L, Eckert R, Simonson M. TGF-beta-regulated collagen type I accumulation: role of Src-based signals. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;292:C1361-9 pubmed..In conclusion, these results suggest that stimulation of collagen type I secretion by TGF-beta requires a PKCdelta-Src-ERK1/2 signaling motif. ..
- Stenberg P, Pestina T, Barrie R, Jackson C. The Src family kinases, Fgr, Fyn, Lck, and Lyn, colocalize with coated membranes in platelets. Blood. 1997;89:2384-93 pubmed..We hypothesize that this vesicular association of Src-related kinases indicates a role for them in the endocytotic vesicle-mediated uptake and trafficking of plasma proteins into platelet granules. ..
- Haskew R, Mongin A, Kimelberg H. Peroxynitrite enhances astrocytic volume-sensitive excitatory amino acid release via a src tyrosine kinase-dependent mechanism. J Neurochem. 2002;82:903-12 pubmed..This modulation may contribute to EAA-mediated neuronal damage in ischemia and other pathological conditions favoring cell swelling and ONOO- production. ..
- He H, Venema V, Gu X, Venema R, Marrero M, Caldwell R. Vascular endothelial growth factor signals endothelial cell production of nitric oxide and prostacyclin through flk-1/KDR activation of c-Src. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:25130-5 pubmed..These results suggest that NO and PGI(2) function in parallel in mediating the effects of VEGF. ..
- Slomiany B, Slomiany A. Constitutive nitric oxide synthase-mediated caspase-3 S-nitrosylation in ghrelin protection against Porphyromonas gingivalis-induced salivary gland acinar cell apoptosis. Inflammopharmacology. 2010;18:119-25 pubmed publisher..The findings point to the involvement of ghrelin in Src/Akt kinase-mediated cNOS activation and the apoptogenic signal inhibition through the NO-induced caspase-3 S-nitrosylation. ..
- Metzler W, Leiting B, Pryor K, Mueller L, Farmer B. The three-dimensional solution structure of the SH2 domain from p55blk kinase. Biochemistry. 1996;35:6201-11 pubmed..Finally, it is proposed that the amino acid substitution of Lys 88 (blk) for Glu [fyn(T)] is important for the observed differences in specificity between blk and fyn(T) SH2 domains. ..
- Stein P, Vogel H, Soriano P. Combined deficiencies of Src, Fyn, and Yes tyrosine kinases in mutant mice. Genes Dev. 1994;8:1999-2007 pubmed..Taken together, these data are consistent with the hypothesis that, at least in some cells, these kinases are able to compensate for the loss of the other related kinases. ..
- Chaturvedi G, Arai K, Terranova P, Roby K. The Src tyrosine kinase pathway regulates thecal CYP17 expression and androstenedione secretion. Mol Cell Biochem. 2008;318:191-200 pubmed publisher..These results implicate Src tyrosine kinase in the regulation of CYP17 and thecal androgen secretion...
- Scheiderer C, Smith C, McCutchen E, MCCOY P, Thacker E, Kolasa K, et al. Coactivation of M(1) muscarinic and alpha1 adrenergic receptors stimulates extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase and induces long-term depression at CA3-CA1 synapses in rat hippocampus. J Neurosci. 2008;28:5350-8 pubmed publisher
- Lee S, Bonnah R, Higashi D, Atkinson J, Milgram S, So M. CD46 is phosphorylated at tyrosine 354 upon infection of epithelial cells by Neisseria gonorrhoeae. J Cell Biol. 2002;156:951-7 pubmed..Rather, they support a model in which pilus interaction with CD46 promotes signaling cascades important for Neisseria infectivity. ..
- Zhang H, Skop A, White J. Src and Wnt signaling regulate dynactin accumulation to the P2-EMS cell border in C. elegans embryos. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:155-61 pubmed publisher..By RNAi of a weak dnc-1(ts) allele, we showed that dynactin activity was required at least for EMS spindle rotational alignment. ..
- Giusti A, O Neill F, Yamasu K, Foltz K, Jaffe L. Function of a sea urchin egg Src family kinase in initiating Ca2+ release at fertilization. Dev Biol. 2003;256:367-78 pubmed
- Liu J, Liao Z, Camden J, Griffin K, Garrad R, Santiago Perez L, et al. Src homology 3 binding sites in the P2Y2 nucleotide receptor interact with Src and regulate activities of Src, proline-rich tyrosine kinase 2, and growth factor receptors. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:8212-8 pubmed
- Zhuang S, Yan Y, Han J, Schnellmann R. p38 kinase-mediated transactivation of the epidermal growth factor receptor is required for dedifferentiation of renal epithelial cells after oxidant injury. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:21036-42 pubmed..These results reveal that p38 mediates EGF receptor activation after oxidant injury; that Src activates MMK3, which, in turn, activates p38; and that the EGF receptor signaling pathway plays a critical role in RPTC dedifferentiation. ..
- He Z, Cho Y, Ma W, Choi H, Bode A, Dong Z. Regulation of ultraviolet B-induced phosphorylation of histone H3 at serine 10 by Fyn kinase. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:2446-54 pubmed..These results indicate that Fyn kinase plays a key role in the UVB-induced phosphorylation of histone H3 at serine 10. ..
- Ren X, Ming G, Xie Y, Hong Y, Sun D, Zhao Z, et al. Focal adhesion kinase in netrin-1 signaling. Nat Neurosci. 2004;7:1204-12 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate a new signaling mechanism for DCC, in which FAK is activated upon netrin-1 stimulation and mediates netrin-1 function; they also identify a critical role for FAK in axon navigation. ..
- Ziehr J, Sheibani N, Sorenson C. Alterations in cell-adhesive and migratory properties of proximal tubule and collecting duct cells from bcl-2 -/- mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2004;287:F1154-63 pubmed..Therefore, alterations in cell-adhesive and migratory characteristics may be an early indicator of aberrant renal epithelial cell differentiation. ..
- Slomiany B, Slomiany A. Salivary phospholipid secretion in response to beta-adrenergic stimulation is mediated by Src kinase-dependent epidermal growth factor receptor transactivation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;318:247-52 pubmed..Taken together, our data are the first to demonstrate the requirement for Src kinase-dependent EGFR transactivation in regulation of salivary phospholipid secretion in response to beta-adrenergic GPCR activation...