Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on sprague dawley rats in Israel
Topic: sprague dawley rats
- Kuperstein F, Yakubov E, Dinerman P, Gil S, Eylam R, Salem N, et al. Overexpression of dopamine receptor genes and their products in the postnatal rat brain following maternal n-3 fatty acid dietary deficiency. J Neurochem. 2005;95:1550-62 pubmed
- Shilo S, Tirosh O. Selenite activates caspase-independent necrotic cell death in Jurkat T cells and J774.2 macrophages by affecting mitochondrial oxidant generation. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2003;5:273-9 pubmed..This may be one mechanism by which selenium down-regulates the immune system's inflammatory response and protects against overproduction of peroxides. ..
- Cohen H, Kaplan Z, Kozlovsky N, Gidron Y, Matar M, Zohar J. Hippocampal microinfusion of oxytocin attenuates the behavioural response to stress by means of dynamic interplay with the glucocorticoid-catecholamine responses. J Neuroendocrinol. 2010;22:889-904 pubmed publisher..Oxytocin is actively involved in the neurobiological response to predator scent stress processes and thus warrants further study as a potential therapeutic avenue for the treatment of anxiety-related disorders. ..
- Amir G, Rubinsky B, Basheer S, Horowitz L, Jonathan L, Feinberg M, et al. Improved viability and reduced apoptosis in sub-zero 21-hour preservation of transplanted rat hearts using anti-freeze proteins. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2005;24:1915-29 pubmed..3 +/- 2.7, p = 0.04). Also, improved EM scores were noted compared with UW at 4 degrees C. In prolonged sub-zero cryopreservation, AFPs protect the heart from freezing, improve survival and hemodynamics, and reduce apoptotic cell death. ..
- Elkayam A, Mirelman D, Peleg E, Wilchek M, Miron T, Rabinkov A, et al. The effects of allicin on weight in fructose-induced hyperinsulinemic, hyperlipidemic, hypertensive rats. Am J Hypertens. 2003;16:1053-6 pubmed..The difficulty of preventing weight gain after reaching the nadir of weight loss underscores the practical value of allicin for weight control. ..
- Ezra Nimni O, Ezra D, Peleg E, Munter K, Rosenthal T. Trandolapril and endothelin antagonist LU-135252 in the treatment of the fructose-induced hypertensive, hyperinsulinemic, hypertriglyceridemic rat. Am J Hypertens. 2003;16:324-8 pubmed..This finding applies to the specific rat model studied in which BP, insulin, and triglycerides were increased by fructose diet. ..
- Yatuv R, Dayan I, Carmel Goren L, Robinson M, Aviv I, Goldenberg Furmanov M, et al. Enhancement of factor VIIa haemostatic efficacy by formulation with PEGylated liposomes. Haemophilia. 2008;14:476-83 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that formulation of FVIIa with PEGLip may lead to a safe and effective long-acting FVIIa that improves the care of haemophilic patients with inhibitors and acquired haemophilia. ..
- Yoles E, Hauben E, Palgi O, Agranov E, Gothilf A, Cohen A, et al. Protective autoimmunity is a physiological response to CNS trauma. J Neurosci. 2001;21:3740-8 pubmed..3%) in mice overexpressing a T cell receptor for the non-self antigen ovalbumin than in matched wild types. Taken together, the results imply that CNS injury evokes a T cell-dependent neuroprotective response. ..
- Zlotnik A, Gruenbaum S, Artru A, Rozet I, Dubilet M, Tkachov S, et al. The neuroprotective effects of oxaloacetate in closed head injury in rats is mediated by its blood glutamate scavenging activity: evidence from the use of maleate. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol. 2009;21:235-41 pubmed publisher..Management of blood glutamate concentration may have important implications in the treatment of acute brain conditions, including CHI and stroke. ..
- Shaked I, Porat Z, Gersner R, Kipnis J, Schwartz M. Early activation of microglia as antigen-presenting cells correlates with T cell-mediated protection and repair of the injured central nervous system. J Neuroimmunol. 2004;146:84-93 pubmed..We suggest that such microglial activity, if well controlled, is a crucial step in determining the fate of the neurons in a hostile environment. ..
- Akirav I, Raizel H, Maroun M. Enhancement of conditioned fear extinction by infusion of the GABA(A) agonist muscimol into the rat prefrontal cortex and amygdala. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;23:758-64 pubmed..The involvement of GABA(A) receptors in fear extinction in the prefrontal cortex and amygdala is of particular interest, because of the role of these areas in emotional processes, and the role of the GABA(A) receptors in anxiety states. ..
- Shaltiel G, Shamir A, Shapiro J, Ding D, Dalton E, Bialer M, et al. Valproate decreases inositol biosynthesis. Biol Psychiatry. 2004;56:868-74 pubmed..The rate-limiting step of inositol biosynthesis, catalyzed by MIP synthase, is inhibited by VPA; inositol depletion is a first event shown to be common to lithium and VPA. ..
- Mizrahi T, Hauben E, Schwartz M. The tissue-specific self-pathogen is the protective self-antigen: the case of uveitis. J Immunol. 2002;169:5971-7 pubmed..g., glutamate) can be inferred from the specificity of the autoimmune disease associated with the site at which the stress occurs (irrespectively of the type of stress) and is in need of help. ..
- Azab A, Kaplanski J. Vagotomy attenuates the effect of lipopolysaccharide on body temperature of rats in a dose-dependent manner. J Endotoxin Res. 2001;7:359-64 pubmed..The results of the present study may cast further light on the crucial role of the vagus nerve as a peripheral-neural pathway in the mediation of the febrile response. ..
- Kipnis J, Avidan H, Markovich Y, Mizrahi T, Hauben E, Prigozhina T, et al. Low-dose gamma-irradiation promotes survival of injured neurons in the central nervous system via homeostasis-driven proliferation of T cells. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;19:1191-8 pubmed
- Elkayam A, Mirelman D, Peleg E, Wilchek M, Miron T, Rabinkov A, et al. The effects of allicin and enalapril in fructose-induced hyperinsulinemic hyperlipidemic hypertensive rats. Am J Hypertens. 2001;14:377-81 pubmed..8 +/- 18 mg/dL on fructose to 59.6 +/- 27 mg/dL on allicin. The similar effect of allicin and enalapril on BP, insulin, and triglycerides reinforces the trend toward combining the nonpharmacologic approach with drug therapy. ..
- Efrati S, Berman S, Chachashvili A, Cohen N, Siman Tov Y, Averbukh Z, et al. Rosiglitazone treatment attenuates renal tissue inflammation generated by urinary tract obstruction. Nephrology (Carlton). 2009;14:189-97 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this ascertains the importance of the anti-inflammatory role of rosiglitazone treatment in amelioration of ureteral obstruction-induced renal damage. ..
- Zimmerman G, Njunting M, Ivens S, Tolner E, Tolner E, Behrens C, et al. Acetylcholine-induced seizure-like activity and modified cholinergic gene expression in chronically epileptic rats. Eur J Neurosci. 2008;27:965-75 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that altered cholinergic modulation may initiate seizure events in the epileptic temporal cortex. ..
- Aronis A, Komarnitsky R, Shilo S, Tirosh O. Membrane depolarization of isolated rat liver mitochondria attenuates permeability transition pore opening and oxidant production. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2002;4:647-54 pubmed..FCCP also decreased the augmented ROS production induced by inorganic phosphate. It is concluded that mitochondrial depolarization protects and prevents high-amplitude swelling and PT-derived ROS production. ..
- Kaplanski J, Pruneau D, Asa I, Artru A, Azez A, Ivashkova Y, et al. LF 16-0687 Ms, a bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist, reduces brain edema and improves long-term neurological function recovery after closed head trauma in rats. J Neurotrauma. 2002;19:953-64 pubmed..This study provides further evidence that blockade of bradykinin B(2) receptors represents a potential effective approach to the treatment of focal cerebral contusions. ..
- Dicter N, Madar Z, Tirosh O. Alpha-lipoic acid inhibits glycogen synthesis in rat soleus muscle via its oxidative activity and the uncoupling of mitochondria. J Nutr. 2002;132:3001-6 pubmed..These data show that in this model, LA acts as a mild prooxidant, causing mitochondrial uncoupling and inhibition of glycogen synthesis. It appears that LA regulates glucose metabolism in the muscle differently than insulin. ..
- Reshef A, Shirvan A, Grimberg H, Levin G, Cohen A, Mayk A, et al. Novel molecular imaging of cell death in experimental cerebral stroke. Brain Res. 2007;1144:156-64 pubmed..DDC may potentially assist in addressing the current "neuroimaging/neurohistology gap", for molecular assessment of the extent of stroke-related cell death. ..
- Kozlovsky N, Matar M, Kaplan Z, Kotler M, Zohar J, Cohen H. The immediate early gene Arc is associated with behavioral resilience to stress exposure in an animal model of posttraumatic stress disorder. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2008;18:107-16 pubmed
- Sinuani I, Weissgarten J, Beberashvili I, Rapoport M, Sandbank J, Feldman L, et al. The cyclin kinase inhibitor p57kip2 regulates TGF-beta-induced compensatory tubular hypertrophy: effect of the immunomodulator AS101. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2009;24:2328-38 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that TGF-beta-induced compensatory tubular cell hypertrophy is regulated in vivo by p57(kip2) but not by the p21(Waf1) and p27(kip1) cyclin kinase inhibitor proteins. ..
- Bazak N, Kozlovsky N, Kaplan Z, Matar M, Golan H, Zohar J, et al. Pre-pubertal stress exposure affects adult behavioral response in association with changes in circulating corticosterone and brain-derived neurotrophic factor. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2009;34:844-58 pubmed publisher..The concomitant changes in BDNF and corticosterone levels may mediate the changes in neural plasticity and synaptic functioning underlying clinical manifestations of PTSD. ..
- Spiegelstein O, Yagen B, Levy R, Finnell R, Bennett G, Roeder M, et al. Stereoselective pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of propylisopropyl acetamide, a CNS-active chiral amide analog of valproic acid. Pharm Res. 1999;16:1582-8 pubmed
- Boyman L, Hiller R, Lederer W, Khananshvili D. Direct Loading of the purified endogenous inhibitor into the cytoplasm of patched cardiomyocytes blocks the ion currents and calcium transport through the NCX1 protein. Biochemistry. 2008;47:6602-11 pubmed publisher..This may represent a new potential tool for developing novel treatments for cardiac Ca(2+) signaling dysfunction. ..
- Naveh E, Werman M, Sabo E, Neeman I. Defatted avocado pulp reduces body weight and total hepatic fat but increases plasma cholesterol in male rats fed diets with cholesterol. J Nutr. 2002;132:2015-8 pubmed..These data suggest the presence of an appetite depressant in avocado and that avocado pulp interferes with hepatic fat metabolism. ..
- Weinreb M, Rutledge S, Rodan G. Systemic administration of an anabolic dose of prostaglandin E2 induces early-response genes in rat bones. Bone. 1997;20:347-53 pubmed..The induction of early-response genes may thus be the first step in a chain of events which leads to the anabolic effect of PGE2 in vivo. ..
- Sintov A, Wormser U. Topical iodine facilitates transdermal delivery of insulin. J Control Release. 2007;118:185-8 pubmed..The proposed procedure might be applicable for additional disulfide-containing peptides such as calcitonin, somatostatin, oxytocin/vasopressin and their analogs. ..
- Froy O, Hananel A, Chapnik N, Madar Z. Differential effect of insulin treatment on decreased levels of beta-defensins and Toll-like receptors in diabetic rats. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:796-802 pubmed..These findings may lay the grounds for future design of novel treatments that will induce defensins and TLRs and, as a result, bolster the immune system in diabetic patients. ..
- Oron A, Agar G, Oron U, Stein A. Correlation between rate of bony ingrowth to stainless steel, pure titanium, and titanium alloy implants in vivo and formation of hydroxyapatite on their surfaces in vitro. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2009;91:1006-9 pubmed publisher..The rate of bony ingrowth to various metal implants alloys inserted into the medullar canal of rats correlates well with the induction of apatite formation on them during incubation in vitro with SBF. ..
- Barbash I, Chouraqui P, Baron J, Feinberg M, Etzion S, Tessone A, et al. Systemic delivery of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells to the infarcted myocardium: feasibility, cell migration, and body distribution. Circulation. 2003;108:863-8 pubmed..Systemic delivery of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (BM-MSCs) is an attractive approach for myocardial repair. We aimed to test this strategy in a rat model after myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Even Zohar N, Jacob J, Amariglio N, Rechavi G, Potievsky O, Phillip M, et al. Nutrition-induced catch-up growth increases hypoxia inducible factor 1alpha RNA levels in the growth plate. Bone. 2008;42:505-15 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that nutrition has a profound effect on gene expression level during growth plate growth, and suggest an important role for HIF-1alpha in the growth plate and its response to nutritional manipulation. ..
- Volohonsky G, Tuby C, Porat N, Wellman Rousseau M, Visvikis A, Leroy P, et al. A spectrophotometric assay of gamma-glutamylcysteine synthetase and glutathione synthetase in crude extracts from tissues and cultured mammalian cells. Chem Biol Interact. 2002;140:49-65 pubmed..The method is suitable for the rapid determination of gamma-GCS GS in GGT-containing tissues and for the studies of induction of gamma-GCS and GS in tissue cultures. ..
- Butovsky E, Juknat A, Elbaz J, Shabat Simon M, Eilam R, Zangen A, et al. Chronic exposure to Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol downregulates oxytocin and oxytocin-associated neurophysin in specific brain areas. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2006;31:795-804 pubmed..As OT is known to inhibit development of drug tolerance and attenuate withdrawal symptoms, we suggest that OT downregulation could play a role during the establishment of the chronic effects of Delta9-THC. ..
- Beharier O, Etzion Y, Levi S, Mor M, Mor M, Dror S, et al. The involvement of ZnT-1, a new modulator of cardiac L-type calcium channels, in [corrected] atrial tachycardia remodeling. [corrected]. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2010;1188:87-95 pubmed publisher..Finally, in a pilot study, ZnT-1 expression was found to be augmented in the atria of AF patients. These findings position ZnT-1 as a probable missing link in the mechanism underlying atrial tachycardia remodeling. ..
- Kerem Z, Chetrit D, Shoseyov O, Regev Shoshani G. Protection of lipids from oxidation by epicatechin, trans-resveratrol, and gallic and caffeic acids in intestinal model systems. J Agric Food Chem. 2006;54:10288-93 pubmed
- Matar M, Zohar J, Kaplan Z, Cohen H. Alprazolam treatment immediately after stress exposure interferes with the normal HPA-stress response and increases vulnerability to subsequent stress in an animal model of PTSD. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2009;19:283-95 pubmed publisher..Alprazolam was associated with a significant attenuation of the HPA-response, suggesting a possible link between initial HPA-axis response disruption and the subsequent unfavorable outcomes. ..
- Yudin D, Hanz S, Yoo S, Iavnilovitch E, Willis D, Gradus T, et al. Localized regulation of axonal RanGTPase controls retrograde injury signaling in peripheral nerve. Neuron. 2008;59:241-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, neurons employ localized mechanisms of Ran regulation to control retrograde injury signaling in peripheral nerve. ..
- Bar Yehuda S, Stemmer S, Madi L, Castel D, Ochaion A, Cohen S, et al. The A3 adenosine receptor agonist CF102 induces apoptosis of hepatocellular carcinoma via de-regulation of the Wnt and NF-kappaB signal transduction pathways. Int J Oncol. 2008;33:287-95 pubmed..Taken together, A(3)AR is highly expressed in tumors and PBMCs of HCC patients and tumor-bearing rats. CF102 induced apoptosis and tumor growth inhibition. These data suggest A(3)AR as a novel targeted therapy to treat HCC. ..
- Nadri C, Agam G. Perinatal oxygen restriction does not result in reduced rat frontal cortex synaptophysin protein levels at adulthood as opposed to postmortem findings in schizophrenia. J Mol Neurosci. 2009;37:60-6 pubmed publisher..019). These results are in contrast to postmortem findings in schizophrenia and suggest that reduced synaptophysin protein levels in schizophrenia patients' postmortem brain do not result from perinatal oxygen deprivation. ..
- Cohen H, Kaplan Z, Matar M, Loewenthal U, Kozlovsky N, Zohar J. Anisomycin, a protein synthesis inhibitor, disrupts traumatic memory consolidation and attenuates posttraumatic stress response in rats. Biol Psychiatry. 2006;60:767-76 pubmed..Disruption of the process of traumatic memory consolidation may be useful for mitigating PTSD symptoms. ..
- Amar S, Shaltiel G, Mann L, Shamir A, Dean B, Scarr E, et al. Possible involvement of post-dopamine D2 receptor signalling components in the pathophysiology of schizophrenia. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2008;11:197-205 pubmed
- Amir G, Horowitz L, Rubinsky B, Yousif B, Lavee J, Smolinsky A. Subzero nonfreezing cryopresevation of rat hearts using antifreeze protein I and antifreeze protein III. Cryobiology. 2004;48:273-82 pubmed..4 vs. 1.7, p<0.05, and 3.4 vs. 1.7, p<0.05, respectively). In conclusion, AFPs were found to protect the heart from freezing and improve survival and dP (AFP III) in prolonged subzero preservation. ..
- Lebel D, Sidhu N, Barkai E, Quinlan E. Learning in the absence of experience-dependent regulation of NMDAR composition. Learn Mem. 2006;13:566-70 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that learning can occur in the absence of activity-dependent regulation of NMDAR composition, suggesting differences in the mechanism for long-term maintenance of NMDAR-dependent and NMDAR-independent learning. ..
- Zlotnik A, Gurevich B, Tkachov S, Maoz I, Shapira Y, Teichberg V. Brain neuroprotection by scavenging blood glutamate. Exp Neurol. 2007;203:213-20 pubmed..89, P=0.001), we conclude that blood glutamate scavenging affords brain neuroprotection Blood glutamate scavenging may open now new therapeutic options. ..
- Kozlovsky N, Matar M, Kaplan Z, Zohar J, Cohen H. A distinct pattern of intracellular glucocorticoid-related responses is associated with extreme behavioral response to stress in an animal model of post-traumatic stress disorder. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2009;19:759-71 pubmed publisher..Since the slower-onset mechanism for glucocorticoid-induced Zif/268 expression depends on activation of the MAPK pathway, the pattern observed only in EBR rats may be related to disruptions of this pathway. ..
- Tal M, Ammar D, Karpuj M, Krizhanovsky V, Naim M, Thompson D. A novel putative neuropeptide receptor expressed in neural tissue, including sensory epithelia. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;209:752-9 pubmed..Northern and RNase protection analysis indicates that the gene is preferentially expressed in neural and sensory tissues. ..
- Freidkin I, Herman M, Tobar A, Chagnac A, Ori Y, Korzets A, et al. Effects of histone deacetylase inhibitors on rat mesangial cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;298:F426-34 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest a therapeutic potential for HDIs in the treatment of mesangial proliferative diseases and glomerulosclerosis. ..
- Cohen H, Kozlovsky N, Savion N, Matar M, Loewenthal U, Loewenthal N, et al. An association between stress-induced disruption of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and disordered glucose metabolism in an animal model of post-traumatic stress disorder. J Neuroendocrinol. 2009;21:898-909 pubmed publisher..This metabolic response was associated with the characteristic pattern of HPA axis (corticosterone) response, which underlies the behavioural response to stress...
- Freimann S, Kessler Icekson G, Shahar I, Radom Aizik S, Yitzhaky A, Eldar M, et al. Exercise training alters the molecular response to myocardial infarction. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2009;41:757-65 pubmed publisher..Swimming exercise training conducted before acute MI reprograms the surviving myocardium for altered molecular response to MI that explains, in part, the protected cardiac phenotype of the exercised animals. ..
- Shabat Simon M, Levy D, Amir A, Rehavi M, Zangen A. Dissociation between rewarding and psychomotor effects of opiates: differential roles for glutamate receptors within anterior and posterior portions of the ventral tegmental area. J Neurosci. 2008;28:8406-16 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a critical role for glutamate receptors in the VTA in opiate reward, as well as behavioral and anatomical dissociation between the rewarding and psychomotor effects of opiates. ..
- Shamir A, Shaltiel G, Agam G. Intracerebroventricular antisense to inositol monophosphatase-1 reduces enzyme activity but does not affect Li-sensitive behavior. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2002;26:103-6 pubmed..However, antisense-induced reduction in IMPase activity was not followed by seizures induced by subconvulsive pilocarpine doses. ..
- Beharier O, Etzion Y, Katz A, Friedman H, Tenbosh N, Zacharish S, et al. Crosstalk between L-type calcium channels and ZnT-1, a new player in rate-dependent cardiac electrical remodeling. Cell Calcium. 2007;42:71-82 pubmed
- Damianovich M, Ziv I, Heyman S, Rosen S, Shina A, Kidron D, et al. ApoSense: a novel technology for functional molecular imaging of cell death in models of acute renal tubular necrosis. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2006;33:281-91 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to test the applicability of these molecules as a diagnostic imaging agent for the detection of renal tubular cell injury following renal ischemia...
- Avissar S, Matuzany Ruban A, Tzukert K, Schreiber G. Beta-arrestin-1 levels: reduced in leukocytes of patients with depression and elevated by antidepressants in rat brain. Am J Psychiatry. 2004;161:2066-72 pubmed..The findings in human subjects support the implication of beta-arrestin-1 in the pathophysiology of mood disorders. Beta-arrestin-1 measurements in patients with depression may potentially serve as a biochemical marker for depression. ..
- Knafo S, Barkai E, Herrero A, Libersat F, Sandi C, Venero C. Olfactory learning-related NCAM expression is state, time, and location specific and is correlated with individual learning capabilities. Hippocampus. 2005;15:316-25 pubmed..We therefore suggest that early synaptic NCAM expression may be one of the factors determining the capability of rats to learn. ..
- Birk R, Regan K, Boyle Roden E, Brannon P. Pancreatic lipase and its related protein 2 are regulated by dietary polyunsaturated fat during the postnatal development of rats. Pediatr Res. 2004;56:256-62 pubmed..In conclusion, PL and PLRP2 gene expression is regulated anticoordinately by the amount of dietary polyunsaturated fat starting as early as the preweanling phase of development. ..
- Shirvan A, Kimron M, Holdengreber V, Ziv I, Ben Shaul Y, Melamed S, et al. Anti-semaphorin 3A antibodies rescue retinal ganglion cells from cell death following optic nerve axotomy. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:49799-807 pubmed
- Dvir T, Kedem A, Ruvinov E, Levy O, Freeman I, Landa N, et al. Prevascularization of cardiac patch on the omentum improves its therapeutic outcome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14990-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study provides evidence that grafting prevascularized cardiac patch into infarct can improve cardiac function after MI. ..