Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on solubility in Germany
Publications188 found, 100 shown here
- Bantel H, Sinha B, Domschke W, Peters G, Schulze Osthoff K, Jänicke R. alpha-Toxin is a mediator of Staphylococcus aureus-induced cell death and activates caspases via the intrinsic death pathway independently of death receptor signaling. J Cell Biol. 2001;155:637-48 pubmed..Hence, our findings clearly define a signaling pathway used in S. aureus-induced cytotoxicity and may provide a molecular rationale for future therapeutic interventions in bacterial infections. ..
- Ahnert F, Schmid R, Altendorf K, Greie J. ATP binding properties of the soluble part of the KdpC subunit from the Escherichia coli K(+)-transporting KdpFABC P-type ATPase. Biochemistry. 2006;45:11038-46 pubmed..On the basis of these findings, a cooperative model in which the soluble part of KdpC activates catalysis of KdpB is suggested. ..
- Horinek D, Serr A, Geisler M, Pirzer T, Slotta U, Lud S, et al. Peptide adsorption on a hydrophobic surface results from an interplay of solvation, surface, and intrapeptide forces. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:2842-7 pubmed publisher..It follows that the correct modeling of peptide hydrophobicity must take the intimate coupling of solvation and dispersive effects into account. ..
- Kranz H, JÃ¼rgens K, Pinier M, Siepmann J. Drug release from MCC- and carrageenan-based pellets: experiment and theory. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2009;73:302-9 pubmed publisher..36 and 29 x 10(-6)cm(2)/s. In contrast, carrageenan-based pellets very rapidly disintegrated upon contact with aqueous media and released high doses of drugs with poor/low aqueous solubility within a few minutes. ..
- Kuczius T, Karch H, Groschup M. Differential solubility of prions is associated in manifold phenotypes. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;42:226-33 pubmed publisher..The selection of defined PrP(C) types offers new possibilities for identifying highly efficient converting proteins and provides the potential for disease control...
- Schumann K, Lämmermann T, Bruckner M, Legler D, Polleux J, Spatz J, et al. Immobilized chemokine fields and soluble chemokine gradients cooperatively shape migration patterns of dendritic cells. Immunity. 2010;32:703-13 pubmed publisher..Adhesive random migration and directional steering cooperate to produce dynamic but spatially restricted locomotion patterns closely resembling the cellular dynamics observed in secondary lymphoid organs...
- Anderson R, Franch A, Castell M, Perez Cano F, Bräuer R, Pohlers D, et al. Liposomal encapsulation enhances and prolongs the anti-inflammatory effects of water-soluble dexamethasone phosphate in experimental adjuvant arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2010;12:R147 pubmed publisher..Depot and/or recirculation effects in plasma, inflamed joint, liver, and spleen may contribute to this superiority of liposomally encapsulated DxM-P. ..
- Vaassen J, Bartscher K, Breitkreutz J. Taste masked lipid pellets with enhanced release of hydrophobic active ingredient. Int J Pharm. 2012;429:99-103 pubmed publisher..The formulations are feasible for taste-masked granules or pellets containing poorly soluble drugs. ..
- Moosmayer D, Gerlach E, Hauff R, Becker P, Brocks B, Pfizenmaier K. A bivalent immunoadhesin of the human interferon-gamma receptor is an effective inhibitor of IFN-gamma activity. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 1995;15:1111-5 pubmed..The described IFN-gamma-R immunoadhesin is a potential therapeutic reagent to interfere with the disease-promoting activities of IFN-gamma in several autoimmune diseases. ..
- Sharma C, Knauer R, Lehle L. Biosynthesis of lipid-linked oligosaccharides in yeast: the ALG3 gene encodes the Dol-P-Man:Man5GlcNAc2-PP-Dol mannosyltransferase. Biol Chem. 2001;382:321-8 pubmed..This demonstrates that Alg3p represents the mannosyltransferase itself and not an accessory protein involved in the reaction. ..
- Braunewell K, Brackmann M, Schaupp M, Spilker C, Anand R, Gundelfinger E. Intracellular neuronal calcium sensor (NCS) protein VILIP-1 modulates cGMP signalling pathways in transfected neural cells and cerebellar granule neurones. J Neurochem. 2001;78:1277-86 pubmed..Together with the observed colocalization of GC-B, but not GC-A, with VILIP-1 in cerebellar granule cells, these results suggest that VILIP-1 may be a physiological regulator of GC-B. ..
- Marx N, Imhof A, Froehlich J, Siam L, Ittner J, Wierse G, et al. Effect of rosiglitazone treatment on soluble CD40L in patients with type 2 diabetes and coronary artery disease. Circulation. 2003;107:1954-7 pubmed..These data support an antiinflammatory and potentially antiatherogenic effect of thiazolidinediones. ..
- Steinborn A, Rebmann V, Scharf A, Sohn C, Grosse Wilde H. Placental abruption is associated with decreased maternal plasma levels of soluble HLA-G. J Clin Immunol. 2003;23:307-14 pubmed..12 for the development of placental abruption during further course of pregnancy. These results suggest that the occurrence of pregnancy-associated diseases is strongly influenced by maternal sHLA-G plasma levels. ..
- Weber N, Caliebe J, Ziemer G, Wendel H. Material-dependent levels of heat-shock protein 70 (hsp70) in human plasma following contact of blood with artificial surfaces. J Biomater Sci Polym Ed. 2003;14:747-60 pubmed..We suggest that the levels of hsp70 in human plasma may represent a new prognostic factor or a diagnostic biomarker in hemostasis research. ..
- Voitsekhovskaja O, Koroleva O, Batashev D, Knop C, Tomos A, Gamalei Y, et al. Phloem loading in two Scrophulariaceae species. What can drive symplastic flow via plasmodesmata?. Plant Physiol. 2006;140:383-95 pubmed..barclaiana, apoplastic phloem loading is an indispensable mechanism and that symplastic entrance of solutes into the phloem may occur by mass flow. The conditions favoring symplastic mass flow into the phloem are discussed...
- Haslbeck M. Recombinant expression and in vitro refolding of the yeast small heat shock protein Hsp42. Int J Biol Macromol. 2006;38:107-14 pubmed..In addition, the recombinant Hsp42 is fully active as a chaperone in an energy independent manner. ..
- Muller W, Schlossmacher U, Eckert C, Krasko A, Boreiko A, Ushijima H, et al. Analysis of the axial filament in spicules of the demosponge Geodia cydonium: different silicatein composition in microscleres (asters) and megascleres (oxeas and triaenes). Eur J Cell Biol. 2007;86:473-87 pubmed..It is hypothesized, that the different composition of the axial filaments, with respect to silicateins, contributes to the morphology of the different types of spicules...
- Hussein K, Türk M, Wahl M. Drug loading into beta-cyclodextrin granules using a supercritical fluid process for improved drug dissolution. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2008;33:306-12 pubmed publisher..In this study, the CPD technique, a supercritical fluid process avoiding the use of toxic or organic solvents was successfully applied to load drug into solid carriers, thereby improving the water-solubility of the drug. ..
- Gambaryan S, Kobsar A, Hartmann S, Birschmann I, Kuhlencordt P, Muller Esterl W, et al. NO-synthase-/NO-independent regulation of human and murine platelet soluble guanylyl cyclase activity. J Thromb Haemost. 2008;6:1376-84 pubmed publisher..Human and mouse platelets do not express eNOS/iNOS. VWF/ristocetin-mediated activation of the sGC/cGMP signaling pathway may contribute to feedback platelet inhibition. ..
- Lebhardt T, Roesler S, Uusitalo H, Kissel T. Surfactant-free redispersible nanoparticles in fast-dissolving composite microcarriers for dry-powder inhalation. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2011;78:90-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, nanoparticles can easily be transferred to dry-powders suitable for inhalation by spray-drying. This allows the pulmonary application of nanoparticles in high concentrations. ..
- Huber C, Kraus F, Hanzlik M, Eisenreich W, Wächtershäuser G. Elements of metabolic evolution. Chemistry. 2012;18:2063-80 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the chemical possibility of metabolic evolution through rate-promotion of one synthetic reaction by the products of another. ..
- Bock F, Rössner S, Onderka J, Lechmann M, Pallotta M, Fallarino F, et al. Topical application of soluble CD83 induces IDO-mediated immune modulation, increases Foxp3+ T cells, and prolongs allogeneic corneal graft survival. J Immunol. 2013;191:1965-75 pubmed publisher..These findings open new treatment avenues for local immune modulation after organ and tissue transplantation. ..
- Fullekrug J, Scheiffele P, Simons K. VIP36 localisation to the early secretory pathway. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 17):2813-21 pubmed..Furthermore, after brefeldin A treatment VIP36 is segregated from resident Golgi proteins and codistributes with ER-Golgi recycling proteins. ..
- Bank U, Reinhold D, Schneemilch C, Kunz D, Synowitz H, Ansorge S. Selective proteolytic cleavage of IL-2 receptor and IL-6 receptor ligand binding chains by neutrophil-derived serine proteases at foci of inflammation. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 1999;19:1277-87 pubmed..These results strongly suggest a pathophysiologic role of neutrophil-derived serine proteases, particularly in regulation of the expression of functional IL-2 and IL-6 receptors at foci of inflammation. ..
- Hogger P, Sorg C. Soluble CD163 inhibits phorbol ester-induced lymphocyte proliferation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;288:841-3 pubmed..The highly purified protein statistically significantly inhibits phorbol ester-induced human T-lymphocyte activation, thus attenuating the immune response to the inflammatory mediator. ..
- Beck Broichsitter M, Kleimann P, Gessler T, Seeger W, Kissel T, Schmehl T. Nebulization performance of biodegradable sildenafil-loaded nanoparticles using the Aeroneb Pro: formulation aspects and nanoparticle stability to nebulization. Int J Pharm. 2012;422:398-408 pubmed publisher..The current study suggests that the prepared sildenafil-loaded nanoparticles are a promising pharmaceutical for the therapy of pulmonary arterial hypertension. ..
- Machens H, Salehi J, Weich H, MÃ¼nch S, Siemers F, Krapohl B, et al. Angiogenic effects of injected VEGF165 and sVEGFR-1 (sFLT-1) in a rat flap model. J Surg Res. 2003;111:136-42 pubmed..In this experimental setting, VEGF(165)-induced angiogenic effects can be significantly inhibited by adding sFLT1 in vivo. A single-dose of VEGF(165) under ischemic conditions causes no significantly better flap survival in this model. ..
- Shafaa M, Diehl H, Socaciu C. The solubilisation pattern of lutein, zeaxanthin, canthaxanthin and beta-carotene differ characteristically in liposomes, liver microsomes and retinal epithelial cells. Biophys Chem. 2007;129:111-9 pubmed..Fetal calf serum as carrier for carotenoid incorporation appears superior to tetrahydrofuran...
- Decker C, Schubert H, May S, Fahr A. Pharmacokinetics of temoporfin-loaded liposome formulations: correlation of liposome and temoporfin blood concentration. J Control Release. 2013;166:277-85 pubmed publisher..Our combined experimental-theoretical approach for in vivo plasma re-distribution of liposomal drugs may help to optimize colloidal drug carrier systems. ..
- Krempl C, Herrler G. Sialic acid binding activity of transmissible gastroenteritis coronavirus affects sedimentation behavior of virions and solubilized glycoproteins. J Virol. 2001;75:844-9 pubmed..These results indicate that the interaction of the surface protein S with sialoglycoconjugates is maintained after solubilization of this viral glycoprotein by detergent treatment. ..
- Winkler A, Muller Goymann C. Comparative permeation studies for delta-aminolevulinic acid and its n-butylester through stratum corneum and artificial skin constructs. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2002;53:281-7 pubmed..Using ASC as permeation barrier the permeation coefficient of ABE was about 22-fold higher than that of ALA. ABE and ALA permeated 142-fold and 64-fold, respectively, faster through ASC than through stratum corneum. ..
- Scholz C, Schaarschmidt P, Engel A, Andres H, Schmitt U, Faatz E, et al. Functional solubilization of aggregation-prone HIV envelope proteins by covalent fusion with chaperone modules. J Mol Biol. 2005;345:1229-41 pubmed..Covalent fusions with SlyD or FkpA might be valuable generic tools for the solubilization and activation of aggregation-prone proteins. ..
- Rückert R, Brandt K, Braun A, Hoymann H, Herz U, Budagian V, et al. Blocking IL-15 prevents the induction of allergen-specific T cells and allergic inflammation in vivo. J Immunol. 2005;174:5507-15 pubmed..This phenomenon is not mediated by enhanced numbers of CD4(+)/CD25(+) T cells. These results show that IL-15 is important for the induction of allergen-specific, Th2-differentiated T cells and induction of allergic inflammation in vivo. ..
- Zorn U, Dallmann I, Grosse J, Kirchner H, Poliwoda H, Atzpodien J. Soluble interleukin 2 receptors abrogate IL-2 induced activation of peripheral mononuclear cells. Cytokine. 1994;6:358-64 pubmed..These last findings indicate that there is at least no functional interaction between sIL-2R and free IL-2, whereas an interaction of sIL-2R with the membrane-bound receptor for IL-2 seems possible. ..
- Lehnhardt F, Rohn G, Ernestus R, Grune M, Hoehn M. 1H- and (31)P-MR spectroscopy of primary and recurrent human brain tumors in vitro: malignancy-characteristic profiles of water soluble and lipophilic spectral components. NMR Biomed. 2001;14:307-17 pubmed
- Mittag D, Niggemann B, Sander I, Reese I, Fiedler E, Worm M, et al. Immunoglobulin E-reactivity of wheat-allergic subjects (baker's asthma, food allergy, wheat-dependent, exercise-induced anaphylaxis) to wheat protein fractions with different solubility and digestibility. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2004;48:380-9 pubmed..However, ethanol-soluble gliadins were stable to gastric enzymes and exhibit low solubility in gastric and duodenal fluids. Therefore, they are likely to be important in food allergy to wheat...
- Jakob M, Kaiser S, Gutensohn M, Hanner P, Klösgen R. Tat subunit stoichiometry in Arabidopsis thaliana challenges the proposed function of TatA as the translocation pore. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1793:388-94 pubmed publisher..The implications of these findings on the currently existing models explaining the mechanism of Tat transport are discussed. ..
- Rohowsky J, Heise K, Fischer S, Hettrich K. Synthesis and characterization of novel cellulose ether sulfates. Carbohydr Polym. 2016;142:56-62 pubmed publisher..A wide range of products from DSSul 0.1 to DSSul 2.7 will be obtained. Furthermore the cellulose sulfate ethers could be characterized by Raman spectroscopy. ..
- Liu X, Grams T, Matyssek R, Rennenberg H. Effects of elevated pCO2 and/or pO3 on C-, N-, and S-metabolites in the leaves of juvenile beech and spruce differ between trees grown in monoculture and mixed culture. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2005;43:147-54 pubmed..Apparently, under each gaseous regime, the culture type significantly altered primary metabolism of the leaves of beech and spruce. ..
- Von Tresckow B, Kallen K, Von Strandmann E, Borchmann P, Lange H, Engert A, et al. Depletion of cellular cholesterol and lipid rafts increases shedding of CD30. J Immunol. 2004;172:4324-31 pubmed..Our results suggest a possible role of cholesterol-dependent shedding of CD30 in the pathogenesis of immune diseases. ..
- Rask M, Knopp M, Olesen N, Holm R, Rades T. Influence of PVP/VA copolymer composition on drug-polymer solubility. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2016;85:10-7 pubmed publisher..This knowledge could be used advantageously in future development of amorphous drug delivery systems as copolymers could be customized to provide optimal drug-polymer solubility and physical stability. ..
- Park J, Matzner E. Detrital control on the release of dissolved organic nitrogen (DON) and dissolved inorganic nitrogen (DIN) from the forest floor under chronic N deposition. Environ Pollut. 2006;143:178-85 pubmed..The results suggest that detrital quantity and quality can play a crucial role in determining the balance between DIN and DON in N-enriched forest soils...
- Behrends S, Harteneck C, Schultz G, Koesling D. A variant of the alpha 2 subunit of soluble guanylyl cyclase contains an insert homologous to a region within adenylyl cyclases and functions as a dominant negative protein. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:21109-13 pubmed..These data show that the novel variant functions as a dominant negative protein and that post-transcriptional mRNA processing represents a potential mechanism for regulation of NO-sensitive guanylyl cyclase activity. ..
- Huang C, Olieric V, Ma P, Howe N, Vogeley L, Liu X, et al. In meso in situ serial X-ray crystallography of soluble and membrane proteins at cryogenic temperatures. Acta Crystallogr D Struct Biol. 2016;72:93-112 pubmed publisher..Insulin and lysozyme were used as test soluble proteins. The quality of the data that can be generated by this method was attested to by performing sulfur and bromine SAD phasing with two of the test proteins. ..
- Reschke T, Zherikova K, Verevkin S, Held C. Benzoic Acid and Chlorobenzoic Acids: Thermodynamic Study of the Pure Compounds and Binary Mixtures With Water. J Pharm Sci. 2016;105:1050-8 pubmed publisher..The modeling approach established in this work is a further step to screen solubility and to predict the whole phase region of mixtures containing pharmaceuticals. ..
- Losel R, Dorn Beineke A, Falkenstein E, Wehling M, Feuring M. Porcine spermatozoa contain more than one membrane progesterone receptor. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2004;36:1532-41 pubmed..It is concluded that more than one progesterone receptor is present in porcine spermatozoa. ..
- Fahr A, Liu X. Drug delivery strategies for poorly water-soluble drugs. Expert Opin Drug Deliv. 2007;4:403-16 pubmed..This article addresses the emerging formulation designs for delivering of poorly water-soluble drugs. ..
- Klauth P, Pallerla S, Vidaurre D, Ralfs C, Wendisch V, Schoberth S. Determination of soluble and granular inorganic polyphosphate in Corynebacterium glutamicum. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2006;72:1099-106 pubmed..glutamicum and the partitioning between cytosolic and granular forms of poly P are dynamics and depend on the growth conditions. ..
- Hahnenkamp I, Graubner G, Gmehling J. Measurement and prediction of solubilities of active pharmaceutical ingredients. Int J Pharm. 2010;388:73-81 pubmed publisher..Additionally melting temperatures and heats of fusion for 2-acetoxy benzoic acid, N-acetyl-p-aminophenol and 2-(p-isobutylphenyl)propionic acid required for the calculations have been determined by differential scanning calorimetry. ..
- Sieber V. Selection for soluble proteins via fusion with chloramphenicol acetyltransferase. Methods Mol Biol. 2003;230:45-55 pubmed
- Mao S, Shuai X, Unger F, Simon M, Bi D, Kissel T. The depolymerization of chitosan: effects on physicochemical and biological properties. Int J Pharm. 2004;281:45-54 pubmed..In summary, low molecular weight fractions of chitosan may potentially useful for the design of drug delivery systems due to the improved solubility properties. ..
- De Marco V, Stier G, Blandin S, de Marco A. The solubility and stability of recombinant proteins are increased by their fusion to NusA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;322:766-71 pubmed..Structural analysis indicated that the purified proteins were monodispersed and correctly folded. NusA has been used to raise antibodies that have been successfully used for Western blot and immunoprecipitation of NusA fusion proteins. ..
- Paulekuhn G, Dressman J, Saal C. Salt screening and characterization for poorly soluble, weak basic compounds: case study albendazole. Pharmazie. 2013;68:555-64 pubmed..The results demonstrate that extensive physicochemical characterization is needed to select the salt form most appropriate for further pharmaceutical development. ..
- Petropoulou A, Vrochari A, Hellwig E, Stampf S, Polydorou O. Water sorption and water solubility of self-etching and self-adhesive resin cements. J Prosthet Dent. 2015;114:674-9 pubmed publisher..Within the limitations of the present inÂ vitro study, the interaction of resin cements with water is not type-related (conventional, self-etching, or self-adhesive). ..
- Hagemeier J, Schneider B, Oldham N, Hahlbrock K. Accumulation of soluble and wall-bound indolic metabolites in Arabidopsis thaliana leaves infected with virulent or avirulent Pseudomonas syringae pathovar tomato strains. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:753-8 pubmed..thaliana leaves. It seems unlikely that any one of the infection-induced compounds identified so far has a decisive role in the resistance response to P. syringae. ..
- Huemmerich D, Helsen C, Quedzuweit S, Oschmann J, Rudolph R, Scheibel T. Primary structure elements of spider dragline silks and their contribution to protein solubility. Biochemistry. 2004;43:13604-12 pubmed
- Dietel W, Pottier R, Pfister W, Schleier P, Zinner K. 5-Aminolaevulinic acid (ALA) induced formation of different fluorescent porphyrins: a study of the biosynthesis of porphyrins by bacteria of the human digestive tract. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2007;86:77-86 pubmed
- Schafer E, Zandbiglari T. A comparison of the effectiveness of chloroform and eucalyptus oil in dissolving root canal sealers. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2002;93:611-6 pubmed..Because of the potential hazards of chloroform, further studies on the dissolution of root canal sealers in different solvents seem to be necessary. ..
- Günther M, Maus M, Wagner K, Schmidt P. Hydrophilic solutes in modified carbon dioxide extraction-prediction of the extractability using molecular dynamic simulation. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2005;25:321-9 pubmed
- Steinmann T, Geldner N, Grebe M, Mangold S, Jackson C, Paris S, et al. Coordinated polar localization of auxin efflux carrier PIN1 by GNOM ARF GEF. Science. 1999;286:316-8 pubmed..GNOM is a membrane-associated guanine-nucleotide exchange factor on ADP-ribosylation factor G protein (ARF GEF). Thus, GNOM-dependent vesicle trafficking may establish cell polarity, resulting in polar auxin transport. ..
- Hansen H, Recke A, Reineke U, Von Tresckow B, Borchmann P, Von Strandmann E, et al. The ectodomain shedding of CD30 is specifically regulated by peptide motifs in its cysteine-rich domains 2 and 5. FASEB J. 2004;18:893-5 pubmed..These data suggest that CD30 shedding is stimulated by an elevated local availability of CRD2 or 5, possibly by forming a docking station for the releasing enzyme through substrate aggregation. ..
- Janocha S, Bichet A, Zöllner A, Bernhardt R. Substitution of lysine with glutamic acid at position 193 in bovine CYP11A1 significantly affects protein oligomerization and solubility but not enzymatic activity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1814:126-31 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this mutant has many advantages for the biotechnological application of CYP11A1 and is an important step towards crystallization of this mitochondrial P450. ..
- Rosenstock B, Zwisler W, Simon M. Bacterial consumption of humic and non-humic low and high molecular weight DOM and the effect of solar irradiation on the turnover of labile DOM in the Southern Ocean. Microb Ecol. 2005;50:90-101 pubmed..g., <100 nM (amino acid equivalent), UV-irradiation reduces, whereas at concentrations >100 nM UV-irradiation stimulates glucose uptake and release of DAA as compared to dark conditions. ..
- Scholz C, Eckert B, Hagn F, Schaarschmidt P, Balbach J, Schmid F. SlyD proteins from different species exhibit high prolyl isomerase and chaperone activities. Biochemistry. 2006;45:20-33 pubmed..The SlyD proteins are also well suited for biotechnological applications. As fusion partners they facilitate the refolding and increase the solubility of aggregation-prone proteins such as the gp41 ectodomain fragment of HIV-1. ..
- Schumann H, Baetge J, Tasanen K, Wojnarowska F, Schäcke H, Zillikens D, et al. The shed ectodomain of collagen XVII/BP180 is targeted by autoantibodies in different blistering skin diseases. Am J Pathol. 2000;156:685-95 pubmed
- Dempfle C, Argiriou S, Kucher K, Müller Peltzer H, Rübsamen K, Heene D. Analysis of fibrin formation and proteolysis during intravenous administration of ancrod. Blood. 2000;96:2793-802 pubmed..Ancrod treatment also results in the appearance of cross-inked fibrin degradation product D-dimer in plasma. (Blood. 2000;96:2793-2802) ..
- Scholz C, Thirault L, Schaarschmidt P, Zarnt T, Faatz E, Engel A, et al. Chaperone-aided in vitro renaturation of an engineered E1 envelope protein for detection of anti-Rubella virus IgG antibodies. Biochemistry. 2008;47:4276-87 pubmed publisher..SlyD and related folding helpers are apparently generic tools for the expression and refolding of otherwise unavailable proteins of diagnostic or medical importance. ..
- Yuan Xiang P, Janc O, Grochowska K, Kreutz M, Reymann K. Dopamine agonists rescue AÎ²-induced LTP impairment byÂ Src-family tyrosine kinases. Neurobiol Aging. 2016;40:98-102 pubmed publisher..Instead, we found that the inhibition of Src-family tyrosine kinases completely abolished the protective effects of D1R/D5R stimulation in a cellular model of learning and memory. ..
- Schliemann C, Bieker R, Thoennissen N, Gerss J, Liersch R, Kessler T, et al. Circulating angiopoietin-2 is a strong prognostic factor in acute myeloid leukemia. Leukemia. 2007;21:1901-6 pubmed..7% for those with Ang-2 levels<1495.6 pg/ml. These data provide evidence that circulating Ang-2 represents an independent prognostic factor in AML and may be used as a prognostic tool in the risk-adapted management of AML. ..
- PunÄochovÃ¡ K, Vukosavljevic B, HanuÅ¡ J, BerÃ¡nek J, Windbergs M, Å tÄ›pÃ¡nek F. Non-invasive insight into the release mechanisms of a poorly soluble drug from amorphous solid dispersions by confocal Raman microscopy. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2016;101:119-25 pubmed publisher..The study highlights the complexity of release processes from solid dispersions and elucidates the influence of the polymer on drug release kinetics. ..
- Groer G, Haslbeck M, Roessle M, Gessner A. Structural characterization of soluble E-Syt2. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:3941-7 pubmed publisher..Quantitative analysis of the calcium binding revealed an apparent binding constant of 100muM. This is the first structural study of a multi-C2 protein, presumably involved in Ca-dependent signalling events. ..
- Pisa K, Huber H, Thomm M, Muller V. A sodium ion-dependent A1AO ATP synthase from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus. FEBS J. 2007;274:3928-38 pubmed..Taken together, these data demonstrate the use of Na(+) as coupling ion for the A(1)A(O) ATP synthase of Pyrococcus furiosus, the first Na(+) A(1)A(O) ATP synthase described...
- Albers J, Alles R, Matthée K, Knop K, Nahrup J, Kleinebudde P. Mechanism of drug release from polymethacrylate-based extrudates and milled strands prepared by hot-melt extrusion. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2009;71:387-94 pubmed publisher..The glassy solid solution showed a 58-fold supersaturation in 0.1 N HCl within the first 10 min, which was followed by a recrystallization process. Recrystallization could be inhibited by an external addition of HPMC. ..
- Kiefer J, Obert K, Fries J, Bösmann A, Wasserscheid P, Leipertz A. Determination of glucose and cellobiose dissolved in the ionic liquid 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium acetate using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. Appl Spectrosc. 2009;63:1041-9 pubmed publisher..In the entire spectral range under investigation (500-4000 cm(-1)) numerous individual wave-numbers have been identified, allowing quantitative measurements with high accuracy and precision. ..
- Diez M, Börsch M, Zimmermann B, Turina P, Dunn S, Graber P. Binding of the b-subunit in the ATP synthase from Escherichia coli. Biochemistry. 2004;43:1054-64 pubmed..Models in which energy transduction takes place in at least two steps are favored. ..
- Bauer A, Villunger A, Labi V, Fischer S, Strasser A, Wagner H, et al. The NF-kappaB regulator Bcl-3 and the BH3-only proteins Bim and Puma control the death of activated T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:10979-84 pubmed..IL-1, IL-7, and IL-15 primed T cells for survival even in the absence of Bim or Puma. Our data define interrelations and a Bim-independent pathway to activated T cell death. ..
- Liu Y, Kemmer A, Keim K, Curdy C, Petersen H, Kissel T. Poly(ethylene carbonate) as a surface-eroding biomaterial for in situ forming parenteral drug delivery systems: a feasibility study. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2010;76:222-9 pubmed publisher..In summary, our investigations demonstrate that in situ depot forming systems can be obtained from PEC solutions. Moreover, a solution of PEC in DMSO would be preferred over NMP due to the reduced burst release. ..
- Hoerauf H, Kobuch K, Dresp J, Menz D. Combined use of partially fluorinated alkanes, perfluorocarbon liquids and silicone oil: an experimental study. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2001;239:373-81 pubmed..3) "Heavy silicone oil" preparation using FALKs is possible, but the mixture needs further evaluation in terms of emulsification, mobilization of oligosiloxanes, tissue penetration and long-term stability. ..
- Delebinski C, Jaeger S, Kemnitz Hassanin K, Henze G, Lode H, Seifert G. A new development of triterpene acid-containing extracts from Viscum album L. displays synergistic induction of apoptosis in acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Cell Prolif. 2012;45:176-87 pubmed publisher..Here for the first time, we have demonstrated that either solubilized triterpene acids or lectins and combinations thereof, induce dose-dependent apoptosis in the ALL cell line NALM-6 via caspase-8 and -9 dependent pathways. ..
- Pongsamart K, Kleinebudde P, Puttipipatkhachorn S. Preparation of fenofibrate dry emulsion and dry suspension using octenyl succinic anhydride starch as emulsifying agent and solid carrier. Int J Pharm. 2016;498:347-54 pubmed publisher..The DE and DS could be compressed to the tablets with acceptable disintegration time and without changeable dissolution profile. Moreover, the dissolution profiles of both DE and DS remained unchanged after 2 months storage at 40 Â°C. ..
- Hess S, Smola H, Sandaradura De Silva U, Hadaschik D, Kube D, Baldus S, et al. Loss of IL-6 receptor expression in cervical carcinoma cells inhibits autocrine IL-6 stimulation: abrogation of constitutive monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 production. J Immunol. 2000;165:1939-48 pubmed..Both mechanisms might help the tumor to escape the immune system. ..
- Becker K, Saurugger E, Kienberger D, Lopes D, Haack D, KÃ¶berle M, et al. Advanced stable lipid-based formulations for a patient-centric product design. Int J Pharm. 2016;497:136-49 pubmed publisher..This study shows the successful application of solvent-free hot-melt coating in the development of a taste-masked and stable formulation. ..
- Beitz E, Wu B, Holm L, Schultz J, Zeuthen T. Point mutations in the aromatic/arginine region in aquaporin 1 allow passage of urea, glycerol, ammonia, and protons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:269-74 pubmed..The data indicate that the ar/R constriction is a major checkpoint for solute permeability, and that the exquisite electrostatic proton barrier in AQPs comprises both the NPA constriction as well as the ar/R constriction. ..
- Zehentgruber D, Dragan C, Bureik M, Lutz S. Challenges of steroid biotransformation with human cytochrome P450 monooxygenase CYP21 using resting cells of recombinant Schizosaccharomyces pombe. J Biotechnol. 2010;146:179-85 pubmed publisher..Through permeabilization of the membrane with the detergent tween 80 steroid hydroxylation activity increases, leading to a productivity of 540 microM d(-1) in a final batch experiment under optimized reaction conditions. ..
- Ghanam D, Kleinebudde P. Suitability of ?-carrageenan pellets for the formulation of multiparticulate tablets with modified release. Int J Pharm. 2011;409:9-18 pubmed publisher..The sustained release properties of both coated pellet formulations were maintained after compression at different compression pressures. ..
- Krampe R, Sieber D, Pein Hackelbusch M, Breitkreutz J. A new biorelevant dissolution method for orodispersible films. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2016;98:20-5 pubmed publisher..18%) compared to the profiles, measured without considering one of the parameters (6.76%). Further studies have to show, whether obtained data are comparable to in vivo data to predict drug release profiles of ODFs in the oral cavity. ..
- Khuluza F, Kigera S, Heide L. Low Prevalence of Substandard and Falsified Antimalarial and Antibiotic Medicines in Public and Faith-Based Health Facilities of Southern Malawi. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;96:1124-1135 pubmed publisher..Although the observed presence of substandard and falsified medicines in Malawi requires action, their low prevalence in public and faith-based health facilities is encouraging. ..
- Schwartz E, Gerischer U, Friedrich B. Transcriptional regulation of Alcaligenes eutrophus hydrogenase genes. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:3197-204 pubmed..The two promoters were induced at approximately the same rates upon derepression of the hydrogenase system in diauxic cultures. The response regulator HoxA mediated low-level activation of PSH and PMBH in a heterologous system...