Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on sodium dependent organic anion transporters in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: sodium dependent organic anion transporters
- Faaland C, Race J, Ricken G, Warner F, Williams W, Holtzman E. Molecular characterization of two novel transporters from human and mouse kidney and from LLC-PK1 cells reveals a novel conserved family that is homologous to bacterial and Aspergillus nucleobase transporters. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1442:353-60 pubmed..Further functional studies will be needed to unveil the role of these transporters in nucleic acid metabolism in normal and in disease states. ..
- Michels A, Hagen T. Hepatocyte nuclear factor 1 is essential for transcription of sodium-dependent vitamin C transporter protein 1. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009;297:C1220-7 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that HNF-1alpha and/or HNF-1beta binding is required for SVCT1 expression and may be involved in the coordinate regulation of whole body vitamin C status. ..
- Varma S, Sobey K, Campbell C, Kuo S. Hierarchal contribution of N- and C-terminal sequences to the differential localization of homologous sodium-dependent vitamin C transporters, SVCT1 and SVCT2, in epithelial cells. Biochemistry. 2009;48:2969-80 pubmed publisher..The involvement of both intracellularly localized termini of multipass membrane proteins in the sorting pathway suggests a more complex sorting mechanism compared to that for single-pass proteins. ..
- Reidling J, Subramanian V, Dahhan T, Sadat M, Said H. Mechanisms and regulation of vitamin C uptake: studies of the hSVCT systems in human liver epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2008;295:G1217-27 pubmed publisher..These studies are the first to determine the overall ascorbic acid uptake process and relative expression, regulation, and contribution of the hSVCT systems in human liver epithelial cells. ..
- Cheng X, Buckley D, Klaassen C. Regulation of hepatic bile acid transporters Ntcp and Bsep expression. Biochem Pharmacol. 2007;74:1665-76 pubmed..In conclusion, mouse Ntcp and Bsep are regulated by age, gender, cholestyramine, and bile acid, but resistant to induction by most microsomal enzyme inducers...
- Han Y, Busler D, Hong Y, Tian Y, Chen C, Rodrigues A. Transporter studies with the 3-O-sulfate conjugate of 17alpha-ethinylestradiol: assessment of human liver drug transporters. Drug Metab Dispos. 2010;38:1072-82 pubmed publisher..9 and K(m2) = 307 microM). Collectively, the data show that hepatic uptake of EE2-Sul can be mediated by three transporters (OATP1B1, OATP2B1, and NTCP), whereas biliary excretion of EE2-Sul into bile likely involves BCRP...
- Csanaky I, Aleksunes L, Tanaka Y, Klaassen C. Role of hepatic transporters in prevention of bile acid toxicity after partial hepatectomy in mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;297:G419-33 pubmed publisher..5-fold more BAs and three times more phospholipids per gram liver than the sham-operated mouse liver. Upregulation of phospholipid transport may be important in protecting the biliary tract from BA toxicity during PHx...
- Johnston L, Laverty G. Vitamin C transport and SVCT1 transporter expression in chick renal proximal tubule cells in culture. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2007;146:327-34 pubmed..Vitamin C transport and conservation by the kidney is likely to be especially critical in birds, due to high plasma glucose levels and resulting high levels of reactive oxygen species. ..
- Boyer J, Campbell C, Sigurdson W, Kuo S. Polarized localization of vitamin C transporters, SVCT1 and SVCT2, in epithelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;334:150-6 pubmed..This differential epithelial membrane distribution and function suggests non-redundant functions of these two isoforms. ..
- Kuo S, MacLean M, McCormick K, Wilson J. Gender and sodium-ascorbate transporter isoforms determine ascorbate concentrations in mice. J Nutr. 2004;134:2216-21 pubmed..Additionally, lower ascorbate excretion in females may elevate the vitamin's concentrations in plasma and tissues expressing SVCT1 that, unlike SVCT2, is not saturated by plasma ascorbate concentrations. ..
- Monteiro I, David E, Ferraris R. Ontogenetic development of rat intestinal bile acid transport requires thyroxine but not corticosterone. Pediatr Res. 2004;55:611-21 pubmed..Hence, endogenous thyroxine but not corticosterone regulates the developmentally timed appearance of ASBT. ..
- Cao J, Wood M, Liu Y, Hoffman T, Hyde J, Park Sarge O, et al. Estradiol represses prolactin-induced expression of Na+/taurocholate cotransporting polypeptide in liver cells through estrogen receptor-alpha and signal transducers and activators of transcription 5a. Endocrinology. 2004;145:1739-49 pubmed..These data also establish a novel mechanism by which expression of ntcp, an important hepatic bile acid transporter, can be regulated by multiple hormones. ..
- Fei Y, Inoue K, Ganapathy V. Structural and functional characteristics of two sodium-coupled dicarboxylate transporters (ceNaDC1 and ceNaDC2) from Caenorhabditis elegans and their relevance to life span. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:6136-44 pubmed..elegans may lead to decreased availability of dicarboxylates for cellular production of metabolic energy, thus creating a biological state similar to that of caloric restriction, and consequently leading to life span extension. ..
- Wang H, Fei Y, Kekuda R, Yang Feng T, Devoe L, Leibach F, et al. Structure, function, and genomic organization of human Na(+)-dependent high-affinity dicarboxylate transporter. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2000;278:C1019-30 pubmed..The human NaDC3 gene is located on chromosome 20q12-13.1, as evidenced by fluorescent in situ hybridization. The gene is >80 kbp long and consists of 13 exons and 12 introns...
- Cheng X, Klaassen C. Critical role of PPAR-alpha in perfluorooctanoic acid- and perfluorodecanoic acid-induced downregulation of Oatp uptake transporters in mouse livers. Toxicol Sci. 2008;106:37-45 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PFOA and PFDA decrease mouse liver uptake transporters primarily via activation of PPAR-alpha. ..