Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on small nuclear rna in Germany
Topic: small nuclear rna
- Schulte A, Czudnochowski N, Barboric M, Schönichen A, Blazek D, Peterlin B, et al. Identification of a cyclin T-binding domain in Hexim1 and biochemical analysis of its binding competition with HIV-1 Tat. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24968-77 pubmed..Our data suggest a model where HIV-1 Tat competes with Hexim1 for cyclin T1 binding, thus releasing P-TEFb from the inactive complex to stimulate the transcription of HIV-1 gene expression. ..
- Palfi Z, Schimanski B, GUNZL A, Lücke S, Bindereif A. U1 small nuclear RNP from Trypanosoma brucei: a minimal U1 snRNA with unusual protein components. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:2493-503 pubmed..These data result in a model of the trypanosome U1 snRNP, which deviates substantially from our classical view of the U1 particle and may reflect the special requirements for splicing of a small set of cis-introns in trypanosomes. ..
- Heinrichs V, Hackl W, Luhrmann R. Direct binding of small nuclear ribonucleoprotein G to the Sm site of small nuclear RNA. Ultraviolet light cross-linking of protein G to the AAU stretch within the Sm site (AAUUUGUGG) of U1 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein reconstituted in vitro. J Mol Biol. 1992;227:15-28 pubmed..These results suggest that the snRNP protein G may be involved in the direct recognition of the Sm site. ..
- Damianov A, Schreiner S, Bindereif A. Recycling of the U12-type spliceosome requires p110, a component of the U6atac snRNP. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:1700-8 pubmed..With a U12-dependent in vitro splicing system, we demonstrate that p110 is required for recycling of the U4atac/U6atac snRNP. ..
- Freund M, Hicks M, Konermann C, Otte M, Hertel K, Schaal H. Extended base pair complementarity between U1 snRNA and the 5' splice site does not inhibit splicing in higher eukaryotes, but rather increases 5' splice site recognition. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:5112-9 pubmed..Although the splicing mechanisms are conserved between human and S.cerevisiae, these results demonstrate that distinct differences exist in the activation of the spliceosome. ..
- Trippe R, Richly H, Benecke B. Biochemical characterization of a U6 small nuclear RNA-specific terminal uridylyltransferase. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:971-80 pubmed..In agreement with indirect labeling results, PAGE of a largely purified enzyme revealed an apparent molecular mass of 115 kDa for the U6-TUTase. ..
- Juranek S, Rupprecht S, Postberg J, Lipps H. snRNA and heterochromatin formation are involved in DNA excision during macronuclear development in stichotrichous ciliates. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:1934-41 pubmed
- Liu S, Li P, Dybkov O, Nottrott S, Hartmuth K, Luhrmann R, et al. Binding of the human Prp31 Nop domain to a composite RNA-protein platform in U4 snRNP. Science. 2007;316:115-20 pubmed..Yeast two-hybrid analyses suggest a link between retinitis pigmentosa and an aberrant hPrp31-hPrp6 interaction that blocks U4/U6-U5 tri-snRNP formation. ..
- Hirsch E, Oohashi T, Ahmad M, Stamm S, Fassler R. Peri-implantation lethality in mice lacking the Sm motif-containing protein Lsm4. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:1055-62 pubmed..The early death of mLsm4p-null mice suggests that the role of mLsm4p in splicing is essential and cannot be compensated by other Lsm proteins. ..
- Kalamorz F, Reichenbach B, März W, Rak B, Görke B. Feedback control of glucosamine-6-phosphate synthase GlmS expression depends on the small RNA GlmZ and involves the novel protein YhbJ in Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 2007;65:1518-33 pubmed..As in yhbJ mutants GlcN-6-P has no effect, YhbJ is essential for sensing this metabolite. ..
- Hertel J, de Jong D, Marz M, Rose D, Tafer H, Tanzer A, et al. Non-coding RNA annotation of the genome of Trichoplax adhaerens. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:1602-15 pubmed publisher..We did not find any microRNA candidates homologous to known eumetazoan sequences. Interestingly, most ncRNAs, including the pol-III transcripts, appear as single-copy genes or with very small copy numbers in the Trichoplax genome. ..
- Trippe R, Sandrock B, Benecke B. A highly specific terminal uridylyl transferase modifies the 3'-end of U6 small nuclear RNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:3119-26 pubmed..Therefore, we conclude that the specific addition of UMP residues to 3'-recessed U6 snRNA molecules reflects a recycling process, ensuring the functional regeneration for pre-mRNA splicing of this snRNA. ..
- Rieger M, Bruckner M, Schafer M, Müller Auer S. Sequence analysis of 203 kilobases from Saccharomyces cerevisiae chromosome VII. Yeast. 1997;13:1077-90 pubmed..The five chromosomal regions harboured five potential ARS elements and one sigma element together with eight tRNA genes and two snRNAs, one of which is encoded by an intron of a protein-coding gene. ..
- Schultz A, Nottrott S, Hartmuth K, Luhrmann R. RNA structural requirements for the association of the spliceosomal hPrp31 protein with the U4 and U4atac small nuclear ribonucleoproteins. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:28278-86 pubmed
- Schneider C, Will C, BROSIUS J, Frilander M, Luhrmann R. Identification of an evolutionarily divergent U11 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particle in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:9584-9 pubmed..A comparison of U11 snRNAs that we have identified from vertebrates, plants, and insects, suggests that an evolutionarily divergent U11 snRNA may be unique to Drosophila and not characteristic of insects in general. ..
- Karaduman R, Dube P, Stark H, Fabrizio P, Kastner B, Luhrmann R. Structure of yeast U6 snRNPs: arrangement of Prp24p and the LSm complex as revealed by electron microscopy. RNA. 2008;14:2528-37 pubmed publisher..Further, LSmp-Prp24p interactions may be restricted to the closed form, which appears to represent the solution structure of the U6 snRNP particle. ..
- Preusser C, Palfi Z, Bindereif A. Special Sm core complex functions in assembly of the U2 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein of Trypanosoma brucei. Eukaryot Cell. 2009;8:1228-34 pubmed publisher..Together they form a high-affinity, U2-specific binding complex. This trypanosome-specific assembly differs from the mammalian system and provides a functional role for the Sm core variation found in the trypanosomal U2 snRNP. ..
- Czudnochowski N, Vollmuth F, Baumann S, Vogel Bachmayr K, Geyer M. Specificity of Hexim1 and Hexim2 complex formation with cyclin T1/T2, importin alpha and 7SK snRNA. J Mol Biol. 2010;395:28-41 pubmed publisher..These results provide the molecular basis for the generation of a core complex for the inhibition of P-TEFb. ..
- Lin C, Mount S, Jarmołowski A, Makałowski W. Evolutionary dynamics of U12-type spliceosomal introns. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:47 pubmed publisher..Loss of U12 introns or the genes containing them is more common than conversion to the U2-type. The degeneracy of U12-type terminal dinucleotides among natural U12-type introns is higher than previously thought. ..
- Achsel T, Brahms H, Kastner B, Bachi A, Wilm M, Luhrmann R. A doughnut-shaped heteromer of human Sm-like proteins binds to the 3'-end of U6 snRNA, thereby facilitating U4/U6 duplex formation in vitro. EMBO J. 1999;18:5789-802 pubmed..Finally, we show that the LSm proteins facilitate the formation of U4/U6 RNA duplices in vitro, suggesting that the LSm proteins may play a role in U4/U6 snRNP formation. ..
- Behrens S, Luhrmann R. Immunoaffinity purification of a [U4/U6.U5] tri-snRNP from human cells. Genes Dev. 1991;5:1439-52 pubmed..U5] is phosphorylated only in the latter. The function of this phosphorylation is unclear thus far; it may be involved in the activation of [U4/U6.U5] in the spliceosome. ..
- Plessel G, Luhrmann R, Kastner B. Electron microscopy of assembly intermediates of the snRNP core: morphological similarities between the RNA-free (E.F.G) protein heteromer and the intact snRNP core. J Mol Biol. 1997;265:87-94 pubmed
- Salgado Garrido J, Bragado Nilsson E, Kandels Lewis S, Seraphin B. Sm and Sm-like proteins assemble in two related complexes of deep evolutionary origin. EMBO J. 1999;18:3451-62 pubmed..We also identified archaeal proteins related to Sm and Sm-like proteins. Our results demonstrate that Sm and Sm-like proteins assemble in at least two functionally conserved complexes of deep evolutionary origin. ..
- Fischer U, Pollard V, Luhrmann R, Teufel M, Michael M, Dreyfuss G, et al. Rev-mediated nuclear export of RNA is dominant over nuclear retention and is coupled to the Ran-GTPase cycle. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:4128-34 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate that Rev/RRE-activated RNA export is, like other nuclear export pathways, linked to the Ran-GTPase cycle. ..
- Matter N, König H. Targeted 'knockdown' of spliceosome function in mammalian cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:e41 pubmed..The data provide the first evidence for a role of distinct spliceosomes in pre-mRNA splicing from endogenous mammalian genes and establish a tool to define roles for the different splicing machineries in vivo. ..
- Vidovic I, Nottrott S, Hartmuth K, Luhrmann R, Ficner R. Crystal structure of the spliceosomal 15.5kD protein bound to a U4 snRNA fragment. Mol Cell. 2000;6:1331-42 pubmed..5kD protein with box C/D snoRNAs. It additionally suggests a general recognition principle in a novel family of RNA binding proteins. ..
- Meissner W, Rothfels H, Schafer B, Seifart K. Development of an inducible pol III transcription system essentially requiring a mutated form of the TATA-binding protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:1672-82 pubmed..This system may conceptually be used in the future to inducibly express an arbitrary DNA sequence in vivo under the control of the above mentioned promoter. ..
- Schneider C, Will C, Makarova O, Makarov E, Luhrmann R. Human U4/U6.U5 and U4atac/U6atac.U5 tri-snRNPs exhibit similar protein compositions. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:3219-29 pubmed
- Palfi Z, Lane W, Bindereif A. Biochemical and functional characterization of the cis-spliceosomal U1 small nuclear RNP from Trypanosoma brucei. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2002;121:233-43 pubmed..The 5' end of U1 snRNA in the U1 snRNP is accessible for and functional in specific recognition of the 5' splice site of the poly(A) polymerase intron. ..
- Bartels C, Urlaub H, Luhrmann R, Fabrizio P. Mutagenesis suggests several roles of Snu114p in pre-mRNA splicing. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28324-34 pubmed..U5 snRNPs. This indicates that, before splicing, Snu114p plays a part in the assembly of both particles. ..
- Urlaub H, Raker V, Kostka S, Luhrmann R. Sm protein-Sm site RNA interactions within the inner ring of the spliceosomal snRNP core structure. EMBO J. 2001;20:187-96 pubmed..Our results thus provide the first evidence that, within the core snRNP, multiple Sm protein-Sm site RNA contacts occur on the inner surface of the heptameric Sm protein ring. ..
- Nottrott S, Hartmuth K, Fabrizio P, Urlaub H, Vidovic I, Ficner R, et al. Functional interaction of a novel 15.5kD [U4/U6.U5] tri-snRNP protein with the 5' stem-loop of U4 snRNA. EMBO J. 1999;18:6119-33 pubmed..Our finding that the 15.5kD protein also efficiently binds to the 5' stem-loop of U4atac snRNA indicates that it may be shared by the [U4atac/U6atac.U5] tri-snRNP of the minor U12-type spliceosome. ..
- Luukkonen B, Seraphin B. A conditional U5 snRNA mutation affecting pre-mRNA splicing and nuclear pre-mRNA retention identifies SSD1/SRK1 as a general splicing mutant suppressor. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:3455-65 pubmed..Thus we have identified SSD1/SRK1 as a general suppressor of splicing mutants. ..
- Caspary F, Shevchenko A, Wilm M, Seraphin B. Partial purification of the yeast U2 snRNP reveals a novel yeast pre-mRNA splicing factor required for pre-spliceosome assembly. EMBO J. 1999;18:3463-74 pubmed..The characteristics of Rse1p suggest that its human homologue could be a subunit of the SF3 splicing factor. ..
- Jaé N, Wang P, Gu T, Hühn M, Palfi Z, Urlaub H, et al. Essential role of a trypanosome U4-specific Sm core protein in small nuclear ribonucleoprotein assembly and splicing. Eukaryot Cell. 2010;9:379-86 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that the assembly of the U4-specific Sm core provides an essential step in U4/U6 di-snRNP biogenesis and splicing in trypanosomes...
- Moll R, Schmidtke S, Sch fer G. Domain structure, GTP-hydrolyzing activity and 7S RNA binding of Acidianus ambivalens ffh-homologous protein suggest an SRP-like complex in archaea. Eur J Biochem. 1999;259:441-8 pubmed
- Mourão A, Varrot A, Mackereth C, Cusack S, Sattler M. Structure and RNA recognition by the snRNA and snoRNA transport factor PHAX. RNA. 2010;16:1205-16 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the PHAX-RBD mediates auxiliary RNA contacts with the snRNA and snoRNA substrates that are required for transport and/or substrate release. ..
- Donmez G, Hartmuth K, Luhrmann R. Modified nucleotides at the 5' end of human U2 snRNA are required for spliceosomal E-complex formation. RNA. 2004;10:1925-33 pubmed..Our data strongly suggest that modifications within the first 20 nucleotides of U2 play an important role in facilitating the interaction of U2 with U1 snRNP and/or other factors within the E complex. ..