Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on small intestine in Switzerland
Topic: small intestine
- Stauber A, Radanovic T, Stange G, Murer H, Wagner C, Biber J. Regulation of intestinal phosphate transport. II. Metabolic acidosis stimulates Na(+)-dependent phosphate absorption and expression of the Na(+)-P(i) cotransporter NaPi-IIb in small intestine. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2005;288:G501-6 pubmed
- Radanovic T, Wagner C, Murer H, Biber J. Regulation of intestinal phosphate transport. I. Segmental expression and adaptation to low-P(i) diet of the type IIb Na(+)-P(i) cotransporter in mouse small intestine. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2005;288:G496-500 pubmed..Furthermore, we conclude that along the entire mouse small intestine, low-phosphate diet affects transcription and/or the stability of NaPi-IIb mRNA. ..
- Hilfiker H, Hattenhauer O, Traebert M, Forster I, Murer H, Biber J. Characterization of a murine type II sodium-phosphate cotransporter expressed in mammalian small intestine. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:14564-9 pubmed..Expression of the type IIb protein in the brush borders of enterocytes and transport characteristics suggest that the described type IIb Na/Pi-cotransporter represents a candidate for small intestinal apical Na/Pi-cotransport. ..
- Amstutz I, Diener M. Inhibition of antigen-induced muscle contractions by inhibitors of thromboxane pathway in rat small intestine. Zentralbl Veterinarmed A. 1997;44:349-59 pubmed..Consequently, thromboxane A2 seems to be one of the main mediators of anaphylactically induced longitudinal muscle contractions in the rat small intestine...
- Wicki R, Schafer B, Erne P, Heizmann C. Characterization of the human and mouse cDNAs coding for S100A13, a new member of the S100 protein family. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;227:594-9 pubmed..Furthermore, we characterized the cDNA sequence coding for the mouse homolog of S100A13. Similar to the putative human protein, mouse S100A13 is composed of 98 amino acids displaying a homology of 86.7% compared to human S100A13. ..
- Cecchini M, Dominguez M, Mocci S, Wetterwald A, Felix R, Fleisch H, et al. Role of colony stimulating factor-1 in the establishment and regulation of tissue macrophages during postnatal development of the mouse. Development. 1994;120:1357-72 pubmed..Macrophages involved in inflammatory and immune (pathological) responses appear to be dependent on other factors for their ontogenesis and function.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Naim H, Sterchi E, Lentze M. Structure, biosynthesis, and glycosylation of human small intestinal maltase-glucoamylase. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:19709-17 pubmed..Finally, pulse-chase experiments revealed a relatively slow rate of post-translational processing of MGA in comparison to aminopeptidase N.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Debard N, Sierro F, Browning J, Kraehenbuhl J. Effect of mature lymphocytes and lymphotoxin on the development of the follicle-associated epithelium and M cells in mouse Peyer's patches. Gastroenterology. 2001;120:1173-82 pubmed..Mature B lymphocytes, however, are required for the formation of a full-sized follicle-associated epithelium. ..
- Custer M, Spindler B, Verrey F, Murer H, Biber J. Identification of a new gene product (diphor-1) regulated by dietary phosphate. Am J Physiol. 1997;273:F801-6 pubmed..Further characterizations of diphor-1 will show whether diphor-1 is primarily or secondarily involved in the response to dietary Pi. ..
- Norbis F, Perego C, Markovich D, Stange G, Verri T, Murer H. cDNA cloning of a rat small-intestinal Na+/SO4(2-) cotransporter. Pflugers Arch. 1994;428:217-23 pubmed..It differs to the renal NaSi-1 only in the length of the 3' untranslated region, suggesting that the major difference lies in the differential use of polyadenylation signals. ..