Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on skeleton in United States
Locale: United States
- Perez W, Weller C, Shou S, Stadler H. Survival of Hoxa13 homozygous mutants reveals a novel role in digit patterning and appendicular skeletal development. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:446-57 pubmed publisher..Together these results identify Gdf5 as a potential target gene of HOXA13 target gene and confirm a specific role for HOXA13 during appendicular skeletal development...
- Joo J, Lee Y, Munguba G, Park S, Taxter T, Elsagga M, et al. Role of Pinin in neural crest, dorsal dermis, and axial skeleton development and its involvement in the regulation of Tcf/Lef activity in mice. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2147-58 pubmed..Taken together, the data suggest that Pnn plays important roles during mouse development through its involvement in regulation of Tcf/Lef activity...
- Lee Y, Hong K, Yun J, Oh S. Generation of activin receptor type IIB isoform-specific hypomorphic alleles. Genesis. 2006;44:487-94 pubmed..In this study, we demonstrate that this phenomenon is most likely due to the reduction in the expressed Acvr2b(4) levels rather than to the functional deficiency of the Acvr2b(4) isoform itself. ..
- Steckel R. A history of health in Europe from the late Paleolithic era to the present. Econ Hum Biol. 2003;1:139-42 pubmed..Over this era human health was significantly affected by climate change, the rise of settled agriculture, urbanization, new technologies, global exploration and colonization, and industrialization. ..
- O Connor P. Pulmonary pneumaticity in the postcranial skeleton of extant aves: a case study examining Anseriformes. J Morphol. 2004;261:141-61 pubmed..Finally, enigmatic pneumatic features located in distal forelimb elements of screamers (Anhimidae) result from invasion of bone by a network of subcutaneous air sac diverticula spreading distally along the wings...
- Schiebinger L. Skelettestreit. Isis. 2003;94:307-13 pubmed..It is wrong to judge foundational shifts in scientific culture merely by firsts. ..