Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on sinoatrial node in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: sinoatrial node
- Lohmeier T, Lohmeier J, Haque A, Hildebrandt D. Baroreflexes prevent neurally induced sodium retention in angiotensin hypertension. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2000;279:R1437-48 pubmed
- Vong L, Bi W, O Connor Halligan K, Li C, Cserjesi P, Schwarz J. MEF2C is required for the normal allocation of cells between the ventricular and sinoatrial precursors of the primary heart field. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:1809-21 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest a fundamental role of MEF2C in ventricular cardiomyocyte differentiation and apportioning of cells between inflow and outflow precursors in the primary heart field. ..
- Unudurthi S, Wu X, Qian L, Amari F, Onal B, Li N, et al. Two-Pore K+ Channel TREK-1 Regulates Sinoatrial Node Membrane Excitability. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5:e002865 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a TREK-1-dependent pathway essential for normal sinoatrial node cell excitability that serves as a potential target for selectively regulating sinoatrial node cell function. ..
- Mabe A, Hoover D. Structural and functional cardiac cholinergic deficits in adult neurturin knockout mice. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;82:93-9 pubmed publisher..This study used nrtn knockout (KO) and wild-type (WT) mice to determine the effect of nrtn deletion on cardiac cholinergic innervation and function in the adult heart...
- Wolf R, Glynn P, Hashemi S, Zarei K, Mitchell C, Anderson M, et al. Atrial fibrillation and sinus node dysfunction in human ankyrin-B syndrome: a computational analysis. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2013;304:H1253-66 pubmed publisher..Importantly, ankyrin-B dysfunction involves changes at both the cell and tissue levels that favor the common manifestation of atrial arrhythmias and SAN dysfunction. ..
- Rickert C, Proenza C. ParamAP: Standardized Parameterization of Sinoatrial Node Myocyte Action Potentials. Biophys J. 2017;113:765-769 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ParamAP is a powerful computational tool that facilitates quantitative analysis and enables comparison of sinoatrial APs by standardizing parameter definitions and providing an automated work flow. ..
- Karst M, Herron K, Olson T. X-linked nonsyndromic sinus node dysfunction and atrial fibrillation caused by emerin mutation. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2008;19:510-5 pubmed publisher..Targeted genetic testing of EMD should be considered in patients with SND-associated AF and/or family history suggesting X-linked inheritance. ..
- Mullins M, Horowitz B, Linden D, Smith G, Norton R, Stump J. Life-threatening interaction of mibefradil and beta-blockers with dihydropyridine calcium channel blockers. JAMA. 1998;280:157-8 pubmed..Physicians who are preparing to switch patients' medications from mibefradil to other antihypertensive agents should be aware of these potentially life-threatening drug-drug interactions. ..