Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on single nucleotide polymorphism in India
Topic: single nucleotide polymorphism
- Dhangadamajhi G, Mohapatra B, Kar S, Ranjit M. Genetic variation in neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS) gene and susceptibility to cerebral malaria in Indian adults. Infect Genet Evol. 2009;9:908-11 pubmed publisher..89, 95%CI=1.08-3.32, P=0.0334). The -84A seems to be a putative risk allele on the susceptibility to cerebral malaria and low nitric oxide production might have contributed to the development of cerebral malaria. ..
- Kumar A, Basavaraj M, Gupta S, Qamar I, Ali A, Bajaj V, et al. Role of CYP1B1, MYOC, OPTN, and OPTC genes in adult-onset primary open-angle glaucoma: predominance of CYP1B1 mutations in Indian patients. Mol Vis. 2007;13:667-76 pubmed..This is the first report to document the involvement of the CYP1B1, MYOC, and OPTN genes in the etiology of POAG in the same set of Indian patients. Our study shows that mutations in these genes are rare in Indian POAG patients. ..
- Dhangadamajhi G, Mohapatra B, Kar S, Ranjit M. Gene polymorphisms in angiotensin I converting enzyme (ACE I/D) and angiotensin II converting enzyme (ACE2 C-->T) protect against cerebral malaria in Indian adults. Infect Genet Evol. 2010;10:337-41 pubmed publisher..These genetic findings may contribute to the understanding of malaria pathogenesis...
- Raju N, Gnanesh B, Lekha P, Jayashree B, Pande S, Hiremath P, et al. The first set of EST resource for gene discovery and marker development in pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan L.). BMC Plant Biol. 2010;10:45 pubmed publisher..With an objective of enhancing genomic resources in pigeonpea, this study reports generation and analysis of comprehensive resource of FW- and SMD- responsive expressed sequence tags (ESTs)...
- Sameer A, Shah Z, Syeed N, Banday M, Bashir S, Bhat B, et al. TP53 Pro47Ser and Arg72Pro polymorphisms and colorectal cancer predisposition in an ethnic Kashmiri population. Genet Mol Res. 2010;9:651-60 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Arg72Pro SNP is associated with susceptibility to developing CRC in this ethnic Kashmiri population. ..
- Sameer A, Shah Z, Syeed N, Rasool R, Afroze D, Siddiqi M. NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 (NQO1) Pro187Ser polymorphism and colorectal cancer predisposition in the ethnic Kashmiri population. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2010;11:209-13 pubmed..Therefore, we suggest that the NQO1 C609T SNP is involved either in susceptibility or development of CRC in the ethnic Kashmiri population. ..
- Priyadarshi S, Panda K, Panda A, Ramchander P. Lack of association between SNP rs3914132 of the RELN gene and otosclerosis in India. Genet Mol Res. 2010;9:1914-20 pubmed publisher..7371), and rs10227303 (P = 0.5669) were not significantly associated with this disease. In one familial case, a novel variant (C/T) at contig position 2923488 was found to be inherited by the proband and affected family members...
- Adak S, Sengupta S, Chowdhury S, Bhattacharyya M. Co-existence of risk and protective haplotypes of Calpain 10 gene to type 2 diabetes in the eastern Indian population. Diab Vasc Dis Res. 2010;7:63-8 pubmed publisher..In our population a novel 111/112-haplotype combination created by the CAPN10 UCSNP-43, -19 and -63 was associated with risk of T2DM. Haplotypes 112 and 121 with opposite genetic influences also co-exist in our population. ..