Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in United Kingdom
Locale: United Kingdom
Topic: signal transduction
Publications355 found, 100 shown here
- Bate C, Salmona M, Diomede L, Williams A. Squalestatin cures prion-infected neurons and protects against prion neurotoxicity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:14983-90 pubmed..These studies indicate a pivotal role for cholesterol-sensitive processes in controlling PrP(Sc) formation, and in the activation of signaling pathways associated with PrP-induced neuronal death. ..
- Zecchini V, Domaschenz R, Winton D, Jones P. Notch signaling regulates the differentiation of post-mitotic intestinal epithelial cells. Genes Dev. 2005;19:1686-91 pubmed..This observation broadens the role of Notch into controlling postmitotic differentiation and indicates that the composition of the epithelium is not solely determined by progenitor cells. ..
- Howard B, Panchal H, McCarthy A, Ashworth A. Identification of the scaramanga gene implicates Neuregulin3 in mammary gland specification. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2078-90 pubmed
- Morrow C, Gray A, Dive C. Comparison of phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase signalling within a panel of human colorectal cancer cell lines with mutant or wild-type PIK3CA. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:5123-8 pubmed
- Wong A, Bogni S, Kotka P, de Graaff E, D AGATI V, Costantini F, et al. Phosphotyrosine 1062 is critical for the in vivo activity of the Ret9 receptor tyrosine kinase isoform. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9661-73 pubmed..Our studies identify Y1062 as a critical regulator of Ret9 signaling and suggest that Ret51-specific motifs are likely to inhibit the activity of this isoform. ..
- Hanrott K, Gudmunsen L, O Neill M, Wonnacott S. 6-hydroxydopamine-induced apoptosis is mediated via extracellular auto-oxidation and caspase 3-dependent activation of protein kinase Cdelta. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:5373-82 pubmed
- Ahnesorg P, Jackson S. The non-homologous end-joining protein Nej1p is a target of the DNA damage checkpoint. DNA Repair (Amst). 2007;6:190-201 pubmed
- Orr S, Morgan N, Buick R, Boyd C, Elliott J, Burrows J, et al. SOCS3 targets Siglec 7 for proteasomal degradation and blocks Siglec 7-mediated responses. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:3418-22 pubmed..This may be a mechanism by which the inflammatory response is potentiated during infection. ..
- Falasca M, Hughes W, Dominguez V, Sala G, Fostira F, Fang M, et al. The role of phosphoinositide 3-kinase C2alpha in insulin signaling. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:28226-36 pubmed
- Schwarz Q, Maden C, Vieira J, Ruhrberg C. Neuropilin 1 signaling guides neural crest cells to coordinate pathway choice with cell specification. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:6164-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that NRP1 signaling coordinates pathway choice with NCC fate and therefore confines neuronal differentiation to appropriate locations. ..
- Venkatasubramanian S, Newby D, Lang N. Urocortins in heart failure. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;80:289-96 pubmed publisher..This article provides a review of the role of urocortins in normal cardiovascular physiology and in the pathophysiology of heart failure. ..
- Anderson G, Maes M, Berk M. Biological underpinnings of the commonalities in depression, somatization, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Med Hypotheses. 2012;78:752-6 pubmed publisher..These data have implications for the development of novel therapies utilizing these insights, buttressing the role of psychotherapy in psychosomatic presentations. ..
- Carden C, Stewart A, Thavasu P, Kipps E, Pope L, Crespo M, et al. The association of PI3 kinase signaling and chemoresistance in advanced ovarian cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2012;11:1609-17 pubmed publisher..There is no clear evidence that this is driven specifically by PIK3CA or AKT mutations or by amplifications or deletion of PTEN. ..
- Ammoun S, Schmid M, Ristic N, Zhou L, Hilton D, Ercolano E, et al. The role of insulin-like growth factors signaling in merlin-deficient human schwannomas. Glia. 2012;60:1721-33 pubmed publisher..PI3K is relevant for both IGF-IR and previously described PDGFR-? signaling in schwannoma...
- Glover J, Wells K, Matthäus F, Painter K, Ho W, Riddell J, et al. Hierarchical patterning modes orchestrate hair follicle morphogenesis. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2002117 pubmed publisher..This work illustrates a hierarchy of periodic patterning modes operating in organogenesis. ..
- Martín Aragón Baudel M, Rae M, Darlison M, Poole A, Fraser J. Preferential activation of HIF-2? adaptive signalling in neuronal-like cells in response to acute hypoxia. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185664 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest the HIF-2? pathway predominates over HIF-1? signalling in neuronal-like cells following acute hypoxia...
- Mitchell P, Tollervey D. An NMD pathway in yeast involving accelerated deadenylation and exosome-mediated 3'-->5' degradation. Mol Cell. 2003;11:1405-13 pubmed..We conclude that recognition of NMD substrates by the Upf surveillance complex can target mRNAs to rapid deadenylation and exosome-mediated degradation. ..
- Anderson P, Sundstedt A, Yazici Z, Minaee S, O Neill E, Woolf R, et al. IL-2 overcomes the unresponsiveness but fails to reverse the regulatory function of antigen-induced T regulatory cells. J Immunol. 2005;174:310-9 pubmed
- Rulten S, Cortes Ledesma F, Guo L, Iles N, Caldecott K. APLF (C2orf13) is a novel component of poly(ADP-ribose) signaling in mammalian cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4620-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that APLF can accumulate at sites of chromosomal damage via zinc finger-mediated binding to poly(ADP-ribose) and is a novel component of poly(ADP-ribose) signaling in mammalian cells. ..
- Ye L, Kynaston H, Jiang W. Bone morphogenetic protein-10 suppresses the growth and aggressiveness of prostate cancer cells through a Smad independent pathway. J Urol. 2009;181:2749-59 pubmed publisher..BMP-10 can also prevent prostate cancer cell migration and invasiveness. This suggests that BMP-10 may function as a tumor suppressor and apoptosis regulator for prostate cancer. ..
- Swangchan Uthai T, Lavender C, Cheng Z, Fouladi Nashta A, Wathes D. Time course of defense mechanisms in bovine endometrium in response to lipopolysaccharide. Biol Reprod. 2012;87:135 pubmed publisher..Prostaglandin synthesis increased during the uterine infection, but we found no evidence that this was associated with a change in the PGE:PGF ratio...
- Bazenet C, Mota M, Rubin L. The small GTP-binding protein Cdc42 is required for nerve growth factor withdrawal-induced neuronal death. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:3984-9 pubmed..Furthermore, Cdc42-induced death was prevented by coexpressing the c-Jun dominant negative FLAGDelta169. Thus, Cdc42 appears to function as an initiator of neuronal cell death by activating a transcriptional pathway regulated by c-Jun. ..
- Cornell M, Evans D, Mann R, Fostier M, Flasza M, Monthatong M, et al. The Drosophila melanogaster Suppressor of deltex gene, a regulator of the Notch receptor signaling pathway, is an E3 class ubiquitin ligase. Genetics. 1999;152:567-76 pubmed
- Ross R, Leung K, Maamra M, Bennett W, Doyle N, Waters M, et al. Binding and functional studies with the growth hormone receptor antagonist, B2036-PEG (pegvisomant), reveal effects of pegylation and evidence that it binds to a receptor dimer. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:1716-23 pubmed..Our studies suggest that B2036 binds to a receptor dimer and induces internalization but not signaling. ..
- Desikan R, Hancock J, Ichimura K, Shinozaki K, Neill S. Harpin induces activation of the Arabidopsis mitogen-activated protein kinases AtMPK4 and AtMPK6. Plant Physiol. 2001;126:1579-87 pubmed..These data suggest that harpin activates several signaling pathways, one leading to stimulation of the oxidative burst and others leading to the activation of AtMPK4 or AtMPK6. ..
- Mitsopoulos C, Zihni C, Garg R, Ridley A, Morris J. The prostate-derived sterile 20-like kinase (PSK) regulates microtubule organization and stability. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:18085-91 pubmed..These results demonstrate that PSK interacts with microtubules and affects their organization and stability independently of PSK kinase activity. ..
- Clark J, Annenkov A, Panesar M, Isomäki P, Chernajovsky Y, Cope A. T cell receptor zeta reconstitution fails to restore responses of T cells rendered hyporesponsive by tumor necrosis factor alpha. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:1696-701 pubmed..We provide additional evidence that TNF also uncouples distal TCR signaling pathways independently of its effects on TCRzeta expression. ..
- Buchner P, Stuiver C, Westerman S, Wirtz M, Hell R, Hawkesford M, et al. Regulation of sulfate uptake and expression of sulfate transporter genes in Brassica oleracea as affected by atmospheric H(2)S and pedospheric sulfate nutrition. Plant Physiol. 2004;136:3396-408 pubmed publisher..The significance of sulfate, thiols, and O-acetylserine as possible signal compounds in the regulation of the sulfate uptake and expression of the transporter genes is evaluated...
- Sokolovski S, Blatt M. Nitric oxide block of outward-rectifying K+ channels indicates direct control by protein nitrosylation in guard cells. Plant Physiol. 2004;136:4275-84 pubmed..Instead, our results strongly suggest that NO directly modifies the K+ channel or a closely associated regulatory protein, probably by nitrosylation of cysteine sulfhydryl groups. ..
- Morris M, Gentle D, Abdulrahman M, Maina E, Gupta K, Banks R, et al. Tumor suppressor activity and epigenetic inactivation of hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor type 2/SPINT2 in papillary and clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2005;65:4598-606 pubmed..This information provides opportunities to develop novel targeted approaches to the treatment of RCC. ..
- Davies C, Mak T, Young L, Eliopoulos A. TRAF6 is required for TRAF2-dependent CD40 signal transduction in nonhemopoietic cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9806-19 pubmed..These observations provide novel insight into the mechanisms of CD40 signaling and the multiple roles played by TRAF6 in signal transduction. ..
- Katso R, Pardo O, Palamidessi A, Franz C, Marinov M, De Laurentiis A, et al. Phosphoinositide 3-Kinase C2beta regulates cytoskeletal organization and cell migration via Rac-dependent mechanisms. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:3729-44 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that PI3KC2beta regulates the migration and survival of human tumor cells by distinct molecular mechanisms. ..
- Matthews L, Berry A, Ohanian V, Ohanian J, Garside H, Ray D. Caveolin mediates rapid glucocorticoid effects and couples glucocorticoid action to the antiproliferative program. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:1320-30 pubmed publisher..These observations have implications for understanding the diverse physiological actions of Gc. ..
- Evans J, Catalano R, Morgan K, Critchley H, Millar R, Jabbour H. Prokineticin 1 signaling and gene regulation in early human pregnancy. Endocrinology. 2008;149:2877-87 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that PROK1 and PROKR1 expression is elevated in human decidua during early pregnancy and that PROK1-PROKR1 interaction regulates expression of a host of implantation-related genes. ..
- Upton P, Morrell N. TGF-beta and BMPR-II pharmacology--implications for pulmonary vascular diseases. Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2009;9:274-80 pubmed publisher..We address the possible contribution of inflammation in disease progression and focus on potential emerging therapeutic targets. ..
- Chuai M, Weijer C. Regulation of cell migration during chick gastrulation. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2009;19:343-9 pubmed publisher..The timing and order of ingression of epiblast cells appears to be controlled by temporal and spatial colinearity of Hox gene expression in the epiblast. The mechanisms by which Hox genes control these properties remain to be resolved...
- Harper M, Poole A. Protein kinase Ctheta negatively regulates store-independent Ca2+ entry and phosphatidylserine exposure downstream of glycoprotein VI in platelets. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19865-73 pubmed publisher..We propose that PKCtheta normally acts to restrict store-independent Ca(2+) entry during GPVI signaling, which results in reduced PS exposure, limiting platelet procoagulant activity during thrombus formation. ..
- Shibata A, Barton O, Noon A, Dahm K, Deckbar D, Goodarzi A, et al. Role of ATM and the damage response mediator proteins 53BP1 and MDC1 in the maintenance of G(2)/M checkpoint arrest. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3371-83 pubmed publisher..The combined repair and checkpoint defects conferred by 53BP1 and MDC1 deficiency act synergistically to enhance chromosome breakage. ..
- Paszek P, Ryan S, Ashall L, Sillitoe K, Harper C, Spiller D, et al. Population robustness arising from cellular heterogeneity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:11644-9 pubmed publisher..Our analyses suggest in contrast, that this cellular variation might be advantageous and subject to evolutionary selection. Alternative types of therapy could perhaps be designed to modulate this cellular heterogeneity. ..
- Harterink M, Port F, Lorenowicz M, McGough I, Silhankova M, Betist M, et al. A SNX3-dependent retromer pathway mediates retrograde transport of the Wnt sorting receptor Wntless and is required for Wnt secretion. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:914-923 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that SNX3 is part of an alternative retromer pathway that functionally separates the retrograde transport of Wls from other retromer cargo. ..
- Ledgerwood E, O Rahilly S, Surani M. The imprinted gene Peg3 is not essential for tumor necrosis factor alpha signaling. Lab Invest. 2000;80:1509-11 pubmed..In addition, the loss of Peg3 function did not increase the sensitivity of the cells to the cytotoxic action of TNF. These results suggest that Peg3 does not play an essential role in TNF signal transduction. ..
- Ben Smith A, Dove S, Martin A, Wakelam M, Savage C. Antineutrophil cytoplasm autoantibodies from patients with systemic vasculitis activate neutrophils through distinct signaling cascades: comparison with conventional Fcgamma receptor ligation. Blood. 2001;98:1448-55 pubmed..These results demonstrate that though ligation of FcgammaRIIa and FcgammaRIIIb may be necessary, it is likely that ANCAs require other membrane cofactors for neutrophil activation. ..
- Robbins M, Calver A, Filippov A, Hirst W, Russell R, Wood M, et al. GABA(B2) is essential for g-protein coupling of the GABA(B) receptor heterodimer. J Neurosci. 2001;21:8043-52 pubmed..In addition, they provide evidence for a novel "sequential" GPCR signaling mechanism in which ligand binding to one heterodimer subunit can induce signal transduction through the second partner of a heteromeric complex. ..
- Labib K, Kearsey S, Diffley J. MCM2-7 proteins are essential components of prereplicative complexes that accumulate cooperatively in the nucleus during G1-phase and are required to establish, but not maintain, the S-phase checkpoint. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:3658-67 pubmed..Our data indicate that pre-RCs do not play a direct role in checkpoint control during chromosome replication. ..
- McKenzie A, Fallon P. Decoy receptors in the regulation of T helper cell type 2 responses. J Exp Med. 2003;197:675-9 pubmed
- Page D. A function for Egf receptor signaling in expanding the developing brain in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2003;13:474-82 pubmed
- Santilli G, Aronow B, Sala A. Essential requirement of apolipoprotein J (clusterin) signaling for IkappaB expression and regulation of NF-kappaB activity. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:38214-9 pubmed..These results suggest that an unexpected physiological role of apolipoprotein J is to inhibit NF-kappaB signaling through stabilization of IkappaBs and that this activity may result in suppression of tumor cell motility. ..
- Watson A, Mata J, Bahler J, Carr A, Humphrey T. Global gene expression responses of fission yeast to ionizing radiation. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:851-60 pubmed..These findings suggest a complex network of regulatory pathways coordinate gene expression responses to IR in eukaryotes. ..
- Villalonga P, Guasch R, Riento K, Ridley A. RhoE inhibits cell cycle progression and Ras-induced transformation. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:7829-40 pubmed..RhoE also inhibited Ras- and Raf-induced fibroblast transformation. These results indicate that RhoE inhibits cell cycle progression upstream of the pRb checkpoint. ..
- Wong H, Fricker M, Wyttenbach A, Villunger A, Michalak E, Strasser A, et al. Mutually exclusive subsets of BH3-only proteins are activated by the p53 and c-Jun N-terminal kinase/c-Jun signaling pathways during cortical neuron apoptosis induced by arsenite. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8732-47 pubmed..Thus, the p53 and JNK/c-Jun pathways can activate mutually exclusive subclasses of BH3-only proteins in the same set of neurons. However, other factors besides expression may determine which BH3-only proteins mediate apoptosis. ..
- Derouet M, Thomas L, Moulding D, Akgul C, Cross A, Moots R, et al. Sodium salicylate promotes neutrophil apoptosis by stimulating caspase-dependent turnover of Mcl-1. J Immunol. 2006;176:957-65 pubmed..These data thus shed important new insights into the dynamic and highly regulated control of neutrophil apoptosis that is effected by modification in the rate of Mcl-1 turnover. ..
- Jaeger K, Wigge P. FT protein acts as a long-range signal in Arabidopsis. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1050-4 pubmed..To our knowledge, FT is the only known protein that serves as a long-range developmental signal in plants. ..
- Fox V, Gokhale P, Walsh J, Matin M, Jones M, Andrews P. Cell-cell signaling through NOTCH regulates human embryonic stem cell proliferation. Stem Cells. 2008;26:715-23 pubmed..The results indicate that cell-cell signaling through the NOTCH system provides a critical cue for the proliferation of human EC and ES cell in vitro. ..
- Gilliver S, Ruckshanthi J, Hardman M, Nakayama T, Ashcroft G. Sex dimorphism in wound healing: the roles of sex steroids and macrophage migration inhibitory factor. Endocrinology. 2008;149:5747-57 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the presented data indicate sex divergence in wound healing to be multifaceted, being strongly influenced by MIF and seemingly limited by the combined actions of gonadal steroids. ..
- Coba M, Valor L, Kopanitsa M, Afinowi N, Grant S. Kinase networks integrate profiles of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor-mediated gene expression in hippocampus. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:34101-7 pubmed publisher..These data support a network model of postsynaptic integration where kinase signaling networks are recruited by differential synaptic activity and control both local synaptic events and activity-dependent gene expression. ..
- Mylonas K, Nair M, Prieto Lafuente L, Paape D, Allen J. Alternatively activated macrophages elicited by helminth infection can be reprogrammed to enable microbial killing. J Immunol. 2009;182:3084-94 pubmed publisher..However, the adaptation to antimicrobial function did not extend to key regulatory pathways, such as IL-12 production, which remained unaltered...
- Armisen J, Gilchrist M, Wilczynska A, Standart N, Miska E. Abundant and dynamically expressed miRNAs, piRNAs, and other small RNAs in the vertebrate Xenopus tropicalis. Genome Res. 2009;19:1766-75 pubmed publisher..Data presented here suggest a conserved role for miRNAs in the vertebrate germline. Furthermore, this study provides a basis for the functional analysis of small regulatory RNAs in an important vertebrate model system...
- Cronin J, Turner M, Goetze L, Bryant C, Sheldon I. Toll-like receptor 4 and MYD88-dependent signaling mechanisms of the innate immune system are essential for the response to lipopolysaccharide by epithelial and stromal cells of the bovine endometrium. Biol Reprod. 2012;86:51 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, epithelial and stromal cells have an intrinsic role in innate immune surveillance in the endometrium, and in the case of LPS this recognition occurs via TLR4- and MYD88-dependent cell signaling pathways...
- Nie M, Balda M, Matter K. Stress- and Rho-activated ZO-1-associated nucleic acid binding protein binding to p21 mRNA mediates stabilization, translation, and cell survival. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:10897-902 pubmed publisher..We thus identify a unique type of stress and Rho signaling activated pathway that drives mRNA stabilization and translation and links the cellular stress response to p21 expression and cell survival...
- Hoyle R, Avitabile D, Kierzek A. Equation-free analysis of two-component system signalling model reveals the emergence of co-existing phenotypes in the absence of multistationarity. PLoS Comput Biol. 2012;8:e1002396 pubmed publisher..Thus we demonstrate the application of numerical equation-free methods to a detailed biochemical reaction network model, and show that it can provide new insight into the role of stochasticity in the emergence of phenotypic diversity. ..
- Desanti G, Cowan J, Baik S, Parnell S, White A, Penninger J, et al. Developmentally regulated availability of RANKL and CD40 ligand reveals distinct mechanisms of fetal and adult cross-talk in the thymus medulla. J Immunol. 2012;189:5519-26 pubmed publisher..They also suggest a stepwise process of mTEC development, in which RANK is a master player in controlling the availability of other TNFR family members. ..
- Ramsbottom S, Maguire R, Fellgett S, Pownall M. Sulf1 influences the Shh morphogen gradient during the dorsal ventral patterning of the neural tube in Xenopus tropicalis. Dev Biol. 2014;391:207-18 pubmed publisher..These data point to an important role for Sulf1 in the ventral neural tube, and suggests a mechanism whereby Sulf1 activity shapes the Shh morphogen gradient by promoting ventral accumulation of high levels of Shh protein. ..
- Floudas A, Saunders S, Moran T, Schwartz C, Hams E, Fitzgerald D, et al. IL-17 Receptor A Maintains and Protects the Skin Barrier To Prevent Allergic Skin Inflammation. J Immunol. 2017;199:707-717 pubmed publisher..This study describes a previously unappreciated protective role for IL-17RA signaling in regulation of the skin barrier and maintenance of skin immune homeostasis. ..
- Roach T, Chatterjee D, Blackwell J. Induction of early-response genes KC and JE by mycobacterial lipoarabinomannans: regulation of KC expression in murine macrophages by Lsh/Ity/Bcg (candidate Nramp). Infect Immun. 1994;62:1176-84 pubmed..The manner in which these PKC-, PKA-, and Ca(2+)-dependent, NO-mediated cyclic GMP-dependent kinase signal transduction pathways may relate to function of the candidate Lsh/Ity/Bcg gene Nramp is discussed. ..
- Mellor H, Flynn P, Nobes C, Hall A, Parker P. PRK1 is targeted to endosomes by the small GTPase, RhoB. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:4811-4 pubmed..Translocation of PRK1 to the endosomal compartment by RhoB is accompanied by a shift in the electrophoretic mobility of the kinase indicative of an accompanying activation. ..
- Nichols J, Zevnik B, Anastassiadis K, Niwa H, Klewe Nebenius D, Chambers I, et al. Formation of pluripotent stem cells in the mammalian embryo depends on the POU transcription factor Oct4. Cell. 1998;95:379-91 pubmed..Expansion of trophoblast precursors is restored, however, by an Oct4 target gene product, fibroblast growth factor-4. Therefore, Oct4 also determines paracrine growth factor signaling from stem cells to the trophectoderm. ..
- Wright G, Puklavec M, Willis A, Hoek R, Sedgwick J, Brown M, et al. Lymphoid/neuronal cell surface OX2 glycoprotein recognizes a novel receptor on macrophages implicated in the control of their function. Immunity. 2000;13:233-42 pubmed..These data, together with data from an OX2-deficient mouse (R. M. Hoek et al., submitted), suggest that myeloid function can be controlled in a tissue-specific manner by the OX2-OX2R interaction. ..
- Shimizu K, Bourillot P, Nielsen S, Zorn A, Gurdon J. Swift is a novel BRCT domain coactivator of Smad2 in transforming growth factor beta signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:3901-12 pubmed..We conclude that Swift is a novel coactivator of Smad2 and that Swift has a critical role in embryonic TGFbeta-induced gene transcription. Our results suggest that Swift may be a general component of TGFbeta signaling. ..
- Altroff H, van der Walle C, Asselin J, Fairless R, Campbell I, Mardon H. The eighth FIII domain of human fibronectin promotes integrin alpha5beta1 binding via stabilization of the ninth FIII domain. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:38885-92 pubmed
- Beinke S, Belich M, Ley S. The death domain of NF-kappa B1 p105 is essential for signal-induced p105 proteolysis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:24162-8 pubmed..Thus, the p105 DD acts as a docking site for IKK, increasing its local concentration in the vicinity of the p105 PEST region and facilitating efficient serine 927 phosphorylation. ..
- Goberdhan D, Wilson C. The functions of insulin signaling: size isn't everything, even in Drosophila. Differentiation. 2003;71:375-97 pubmed
- Ley R, Ewings K, Hadfield K, Howes E, Balmanno K, Cook S. Extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1/2 are serum-stimulated "Bim(EL) kinases" that bind to the BH3-only protein Bim(EL) causing its phosphorylation and turnover. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:8837-47 pubmed..Our findings provide new insights into the post-translational regulation of Bim(EL) and the role of the ERK1/2 pathway in cell survival signaling. ..
- Wang X, Merritt A, Seyfried J, Guo C, Papadakis E, Finegan K, et al. Targeted deletion of mek5 causes early embryonic death and defects in the extracellular signal-regulated kinase 5/myocyte enhancer factor 2 cell survival pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:336-45 pubmed..Overall, this is the first study to rigorously establish the role of MEK5 in vivo as an activator of ERK5 and as an essential regulator of cell survival that is required for normal embryonic development. ..
- Karpovich N, Klemmt P, Hwang J, McVeigh J, Heath J, Barlow D, et al. The production of interleukin-11 and decidualization are compromised in endometrial stromal cells derived from patients with infertility. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005;90:1607-12 pubmed..Our results suggest that IL-11 expression is critically important during decidualization in the human endometrium, and that aberrant regulation of endometrial IL-11 production may be associated with some types of infertility. ..
- Jaffe A, Hall A, Schmidt A. Association of CNK1 with Rho guanine nucleotide exchange factors controls signaling specificity downstream of Rho. Curr Biol. 2005;15:405-12 pubmed..We conclude that CNK1 couples a subset of Rho exchange factors to activation of the JNK MAP kinase pathway and that signaling specificity is achieved through complexes containing both upstream activators and downstream targets of Rho. ..
- Collins B, Dissel S, Gaten E, Rosato E, Kyriacou C. Disruption of Cryptochrome partially restores circadian rhythmicity to the arrhythmic period mutant of Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:19021-6 pubmed..Although we do not yet have a molecular correlate for these apparently iconoclastic observations, we provide a systems explanation for these results based on differential sensitivities of subsets of circadian pacemaker neurons to light. ..
- Gourlay C, Ayscough K. Actin-induced hyperactivation of the Ras signaling pathway leads to apoptosis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:6487-501 pubmed..This pathway represents the first defined link between environmental sensing, actin remodeling, and apoptosis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. ..
- McWatters H, Kolmos E, Hall A, Doyle M, Amasino R, Gyula P, et al. ELF4 is required for oscillatory properties of the circadian clock. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:391-401 pubmed..ELF4, therefore, can be considered a component of the central CCA1/LHY-TOC1 feedback loop in the plant circadian clock. ..
- Stokes C, Ismail S, Dick E, Bennett J, Johnston S, Edwards M, et al. Role of interleukin-1 and MyD88-dependent signaling in rhinovirus infection. J Virol. 2011;85:7912-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, IL-1? is a viable target for controlling the neutrophilia that is often found in inflammatory airway disease and is exacerbated by viral infection of the airways...
- Nadkarni S, Cooper D, Brancaleone V, Bena S, Perretti M. Activation of the annexin A1 pathway underlies the protective effects exerted by estrogen in polymorphonuclear leukocytes. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:2749-59 pubmed publisher..We unveil a novel AnxA1-dependent mechanism behind the inhibitory properties of estrogen on PMN activation, describing a novel phenotype with a conceivable impact on the vasculoprotective effects of this hormone. ..
- Speder P, Liu J, Brand A. Nutrient control of neural stem cells. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2011;23:724-9 pubmed publisher..Although much still remains to be discovered, emerging parallels between the regulation of Drosophila and mammalian stem cells suggest a conserved mechanism for how the brain responds to changes in nutritional state. ..
- Nelson C, Glitsch M. Lack of kinase regulation of canonical transient receptor potential 3 (TRPC3) channel-dependent currents in cerebellar Purkinje cells. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:6326-35 pubmed publisher..Based on these and previous findings, we propose that TRPC3-dependent currents may differ significantly in their regulation from those overexpressed in expression systems. ..
- Middleton A, Ubeda Tomas S, Griffiths J, Holman T, Hedden P, Thomas S, et al. Mathematical modeling elucidates the role of transcriptional feedback in gibberellin signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:7571-6 pubmed publisher..Moreover, although the contribution of other individual feedback loops seems relatively small, GID1 and DELLA transcriptional regulation acts synergistically with GA20ox feedback. ..
- Arbely E, Torres Kolbus J, Deiters A, Chin J. Photocontrol of tyrosine phosphorylation in mammalian cells via genetic encoding of photocaged tyrosine. J Am Chem Soc. 2012;134:11912-5 pubmed publisher..By photocaging Tyr701 of STAT1 we demonstrate that it is possible to photocontrol tyrosine phosphorylation and signal transduction in mammalian cells. ..
- Leung M, Hitchen P, Ward D, Messer A, Marston S. Z-band alternatively spliced PDZ motif protein (ZASP) is the major O-linked ?-N-acetylglucosamine-substituted protein in human heart myofibrils. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:4891-8 pubmed publisher..05). ZASP is only 22% of all O-GlcNAcylated proteins in mouse heart myofibrils...
- Volmer R, van der Ploeg K, Ron D. Membrane lipid saturation activates endoplasmic reticulum unfolded protein response transducers through their transmembrane domains. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:4628-33 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that direct sensing of the lipid composition of the ER membrane contributes to the UPR. ..
- Fenwick M, Mora J, Mansour Y, Baithun C, Franks S, Hardy K. Investigations of TGF-? signaling in preantral follicles of female mice reveal differential roles for bone morphogenetic protein 15. Endocrinology. 2013;154:3423-36 pubmed publisher..Overall results highlight differential effects of the 2 main TGF-? signaling pathways during preantral follicle growth. ..