Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Spain
Topic: signal transduction
Publications349 found, 100 shown here
- Ochoa M, Mazzolini G, Hervas Stubbs S, de Sanmamed M, Berraondo P, Melero I. Interleukin-15 in gene therapy of cancer. Curr Gene Ther. 2013;13:15-30 pubmed..Detailed mechanistic knowledge of IL-15 biology is envisaged to make the most of a powerful immunotherapeutic tool ranked as one of the most promising for cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Moreno J, Miranda Azpiazu P, GarcÃa Bea A, Younkin J, Cui M, Kozlenkov A, et al. Allosteric signaling through an mGlu2 and 5-HT2A heteromeric receptor complex and its potential contribution to schizophrenia. Sci Signal. 2016;9:ra5 pubmed publisher..These findings offer structural insights into this important target in molecular psychiatry. ..
- Saavedra X, Modrego A, Rodriguez D, González García M, Sanz L, Nicolás G, et al. The nuclear interactor PYL8/RCAR3 of Fagus sylvatica FsPP2C1 is a positive regulator of abscisic acid signaling in seeds and stress. Plant Physiol. 2010;152:133-50 pubmed publisher..Finally, double transgenic plants confirm the role of PYL8/RCAR3 by antagonizing FsPP2C1 function and demonstrating that PYL8/RCAR3 positively regulates ABA signaling during germination and abiotic stress responses...
- Badiola I, Villacé P, Basaldua I, Olaso E. Downregulation of discoidin domain receptor 2 in A375 human melanoma cells reduces its experimental liver metastasis ability. Oncol Rep. 2011;26:971-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DDR2 promotes A375 melanoma metastasis to the liver and the underlying mechanism implicates regulation of metalloproteinase release, cell growth and chemotactic invasion of the host tissue. ..
- Menacho Márquez M, García Escudero R, Ojeda V, Abad A, Delgado P, Costa C, et al. The Rho exchange factors Vav2 and Vav3 favor skin tumor initiation and promotion by engaging extracellular signaling loops. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001615 pubmed publisher..They also suggest that anti-Vav therapies may be of potential interest in skin tumor prevention and/or treatment. ..
- Najib S, Sanchez Margalet V. Sam68 associates with the SH3 domains of Grb2 recruiting GAP to the Grb2-SOS complex in insulin receptor signaling. J Cell Biochem. 2002;86:99-106 pubmed..In conclusion, Sam68 is a substrate of the IR and may have a role as a docking protein in IR signaling, recruiting GAP to the Grb2-SOS complex, and in this way it may modulate Ras activity. ..
- García Rico R, Chavez R, Fierro F, Martin J. Effect of a heterotrimeric G protein alpha subunit on conidia germination, stress response, and roquefortine C production in Penicillium roqueforti. Int Microbiol. 2009;12:123-9 pubmed..Together, the results suggest that G protein-mediated signaling participates in the regulation of these three processes in P. roqueforti. ..
- Herrera J, Gonzalez Rey E, Fernandez Montesinos R, Quintana F, Najmanovich R, Pozo D. Toll-like receptor stimulation differentially regulates vasoactive intestinal peptide type 2 receptor in macrophages. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:3209-17 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, our data strongly suggest for the first time a tightly repressed control of VPAC(2) mRNA induction by elements downstream of MAPK kinase 1/2, PI3K/Akt, and particularly Jun-NH(2)-terminal kinase signalling pathways. ..
- Sardina J, López Ruano G, Sanchez Abarca L, Perez Simon J, Gaztelumendi A, Trigueros C, et al. p22phox-dependent NADPH oxidase activity is required for megakaryocytic differentiation. Cell Death Differ. 2010;17:1842-54 pubmed publisher..We suggest that this might also be important for in vivo megakaryocytopoiesis. ..
- Pinilla L, Aguilar E, Dieguez C, Millar R, Tena Sempere M. Kisspeptins and reproduction: physiological roles and regulatory mechanisms. Physiol Rev. 2012;92:1235-316 pubmed publisher..By doing so, we aim to endow the reader with a critical and updated view of the physiological roles and potential translational relevance of kisspeptins in the integral control of reproductive function. ..
- Ortiz Masia D, Díez I, Calatayud S, Hernandez C, Cosin Roger J, Hinojosa J, et al. Induction of CD36 and thrombospondin-1 in macrophages by hypoxia-inducible factor 1 and its relevance in the inflammatory process. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48535 pubmed publisher..Moreover, they suggest that CD36 expression in the damaged mucosa of patients with inflammatory bowel disease depends on p38-MAPK and HIF-1 activity. ..
- Sotillos S, Campuzano S. DRacGAP, a novel Drosophila gene, inhibits EGFR/Ras signalling in the developing imaginal wing disc. Development. 2000;127:5427-38 pubmed..Hence, control of DRacGAP expression by the EGFR/Ras pathway is a previously undescribed feedback mechanism modulating the intensity and/or duration of its signalling during Drosophila development. ..
- Gajate C, Mollinedo F. Edelfosine and perifosine induce selective apoptosis in multiple myeloma by recruitment of death receptors and downstream signaling molecules into lipid rafts. Blood. 2007;109:711-9 pubmed..These data uncover a novel lipid raft-mediated therapy in MM involving concentration of death receptors in membrane rafts, with Fas/CD95 playing a major role in ALP-mediated apoptosis...
- Muñoz Descalzo S, Gomez Cabrero A, Mlodzik M, Paricio N. Analysis of the role of the Rac/Cdc42 GTPases during planar cell polarity generation in Drosophila. Int J Dev Biol. 2007;51:379-87 pubmed..However, since not all of them function upstream of a JNK cassette, we propose that they may act in at least two parallel pathways. ..
- Blanco S, Santos C, Lazo P. Vaccinia-related kinase 2 modulates the stress response to hypoxia mediated by TAK1. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:7273-83 pubmed..Furthermore, reduction of the endogenous VRK2 level with short hairpin RNA can increase the response induced by hypoxia, suggesting that the intracellular levels of VRK2 can determine the magnitude of this stress response. ..
- Gonzalez Navarro H, Vinue A, Vila Caballer M, Fortuno A, Beloqui O, Zalba G, et al. Molecular mechanisms of atherosclerosis in metabolic syndrome: role of reduced IRS2-dependent signaling. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008;28:2187-94 pubmed publisher..Enhanced levels of MCP1 resulting from reduced IRS2 expression and accompanying defects in AKT2 and Ras/ERK1/2 signaling pathways may contribute to accelerated atherosclerosis in MetS states. ..
- Caloca M, Zugaza J, Bustelo X. Mechanistic analysis of the amplification and diversification events induced by Vav proteins in B-lymphocytes. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:36454-64 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the oncogenic versions of Vav1 and RhoA can activate alternative routes that could contribute to signal amplification and diversification events in transformed lymphocytes. ..
- Sintes J, Romero X, de Salort J, Terhorst C, Engel P. Mouse CD84 is a pan-leukocyte cell-surface molecule that modulates LPS-induced cytokine secretion by macrophages. J Leukoc Biol. 2010;88:687-97 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results show that mouse CD84 is a pan-leukocyte receptor, able to modulate signaling pathways downstream of TLR4, and regulates macrophage cell-fate decisions and effector functions. ..
- Quesada GarcÃa A, Encinas P, Valdehita A, Baumann L, Segner H, Coll J, et al. Thyroid active agents T3 and PTU differentially affect immune gene transcripts in the head kidney of rainbow trout (Oncorynchus mykiss). Aquat Toxicol. 2016;174:159-68 pubmed publisher..This knowledge provides the basis to investigate both mechanisms and consequences of thyroid hormone- and thyroid disruptor-mediated immunomodulation for the immunocompetence of fish. ..
- Mullor J, Guerrero I. A gain-of-function mutant of patched dissects different responses to the hedgehog gradient. Dev Biol. 2000;228:211-24 pubmed..However, fused mutants are embryonic lethal while patched(Con) is not, suggesting that Patched could interpret Hedgehog signaling differently in the embryo and in the adult. ..
- Masiá S, Alvarez S, de Lera A, Barettino D. Rapid, nongenomic actions of retinoic acid on phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase signaling pathway mediated by the retinoic acid receptor. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:2391-402 pubmed..Our results support a mechanism in which ligand binding to RAR would play a major role in the assembly and intracellular location of a signaling complex involving RAR and the subunits of PI3K. ..
- Arevalo M, Santos Galindo M, Acaz Fonseca E, Azcoitia I, Garcia Segura L. Gonadal hormones and the control of reactive gliosis. Horm Behav. 2013;63:216-21 pubmed publisher..However, the precise functional consequences of the regulation of reactive gliosis by gonadal hormones under acute and chronic neurodegenerative conditions are still not fully clarified...
- Gutiérrez Herrero S, Maia V, Gutierrez Berzal J, Calzada N, Sanz M, González Manchón C, et al. C3G transgenic mouse models with specific expression in platelets reveal a new role for C3G in platelet clotting through its GEF activity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:1366-77 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that C3G plays an important role in platelet clotting through a mechanism involving its GEF activity and suggest that it might be also involved in neutrophil development. ..
- Agusti J, Gimeno J, Merelo P, Serrano R, Cercos M, Conesa A, et al. Early gene expression events in the laminar abscission zone of abscission-promoted citrus leaves after a cycle of water stress/rehydration: involvement of CitbHLH1. J Exp Bot. 2012;63:6079-91 pubmed publisher..In addition, it is suggested that CitbHLH1, the putative citrus orthologue of Arabidopsis BIGPETAL, may play major roles in the control of abscission-related events in citrus abscission zones. ..
- Pisonero Vaquero S, Garcia Mediavilla M, Jorquera F, Majano P, Benet M, Jover R, et al. Modulation of PI3K-LXR?-dependent lipogenesis mediated by oxidative/nitrosative stress contributes to inhibition of HCV replication by quercetin. Lab Invest. 2014;94:262-74 pubmed publisher..Combined, our data suggest that oxidative/nitrosative stress blockage and subsequent modulation of PI3K-LXR?-mediated lipogenesis might contribute to the inhibitory effect of quercetin on HCV replication. ..
- Titarenko E, Rojo E, Leon J, Sánchez Serrano J. Jasmonic acid-dependent and -independent signaling pathways control wound-induced gene activation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Physiol. 1997;115:817-26 pubmed
- Gorfinkiel N, Sierra J, Callejo A, Ibañez C, Guerrero I. The Drosophila ortholog of the human Wnt inhibitor factor Shifted controls the diffusion of lipid-modified Hedgehog. Dev Cell. 2005;8:241-53 pubmed..We also show that human WIF inhibits Wg signaling in Drosophila without affecting the Hh pathway, indicating that different WIF family members might have divergent functions in each pathway. ..
- Etxeberria E, Baroja Fernandez E, Muñoz F, Pozueta Romero J. Sucrose-inducible endocytosis as a mechanism for nutrient uptake in heterotrophic plant cells. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:474-81 pubmed..These results demonstrate the existence of a sucrose-inducible endocytic process as a viable mechanism for solute transport into the vacuole of storage cells. ..
- Maia V, Sanz M, Gutierrez Berzal J, de Luis A, Gutierrez Uzquiza A, Porras A, et al. C3G silencing enhances STI-571-induced apoptosis in CML cells through p38 MAPK activation, but it antagonizes STI-571 inhibitory effect on survival. Cell Signal. 2009;21:1229-35 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results strongly suggest a dual regulatory role for C3G in CML cells, modulating both apoptosis and survival via Rap-dependent and independent mechanisms. ..
- Gajate C, Gonzalez Camacho F, Mollinedo F. Involvement of raft aggregates enriched in Fas/CD95 death-inducing signaling complex in the antileukemic action of edelfosine in Jurkat cells. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5044 pubmed publisher..Recent evidence suggests that co-clustering of Fas/CD95 death receptor and lipid rafts plays a major role in death receptor-mediated apoptosis...
- Serrano Marco L, Barroso E, El Kochairi I, Palomer X, Michalik L, Wahli W, et al. The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) ?/? agonist GW501516 inhibits IL-6-induced signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) activation and insulin resistance in human liver cells. Diabetologia. 2012;55:743-51 pubmed publisher..These effects of GW501516 may contribute to the prevention of cytokine-induced insulin resistance in hepatic cells. ..
- Amengual Cladera E, Llado I, Proenza A, Gianotti M. High-fat diet feeding induces a depot-dependent response on the pro-inflammatory state and mitochondrial function of gonadal white adipose tissue. Br J Nutr. 2013;109:413-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, this explains the worse serum insulin sensitivity profile of male rats. ..
- Rivas M, Mellstrom B, Naranjo J, Santisteban P. Transcriptional repressor DREAM interacts with thyroid transcription factor-1 and regulates thyroglobulin gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:33114-22 pubmed..Furthermore, chromatin immunoprecipitation experiments in FRTL-5 cells confirmed that Tg is a bona fide target gene for DREAM transrepression in thyroid follicular cells. ..
- Martínez Chantar M, Vazquez Chantada M, Ariz U, Martinez N, Varela M, Luka Z, et al. Loss of the glycine N-methyltransferase gene leads to steatosis and hepatocellular carcinoma in mice. Hepatology. 2008;47:1191-9 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that loss of GNMT induces aberrant methylation of DNA and histones, resulting in epigenetic modulation of critical carcinogenic pathways in mice. ..
- Fernández Medarde A, Santos E. The RasGrf family of mammalian guanine nucleotide exchange factors. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1815:170-88 pubmed publisher..For RasGrf2, specific roles in lymphocyte proliferation, T-cell signaling responses and lymphomagenesis have been described. ..
- Valbuena N, Guan K, Moreno S. The Vam6 and Gtr1-Gtr2 pathway activates TORC1 in response to amino acids in fission yeast. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:1920-8 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate the existence of an evolutionarily conserved pathway with the Vam6 and Gtr1-Gtr2 pathway activating TORC1, which in turns stimulates cell growth and inhibits sexual differentiation. ..
- Dorronsoro A, Ferrin I, Salcedo J, Jakobsson E, Fernández Rueda J, Lang V, et al. Human mesenchymal stromal cells modulate T-cell responses through TNF-?-mediated activation of NF-?B. Eur J Immunol. 2014;44:480-8 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, drugs that interfere with NF-?B activation significantly antagonise the immunoregulatory effect of MSCs, which could have important implications for immunosuppression regimens in the clinic. ..
- Hawkins K, Joy S, Delhove J, Kotiadis V, Fernandez E, Fitzpatrick L, et al. NRF2 Orchestrates the Metabolic Shift during Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Reprogramming. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1883-91 pubmed publisher..Critically, inhibition of NRF2 by KEAP1 overexpression compromises metabolic reprogramming and results in reduced efficiency of iPSC colony formation. ..
- Pálmer H, González Sancho J, Espada J, Berciano M, Puig I, Baulida J, et al. Vitamin D(3) promotes the differentiation of colon carcinoma cells by the induction of E-cadherin and the inhibition of beta-catenin signaling. J Cell Biol. 2001;154:369-87 pubmed..Our results show that 1alpha,25(OH)2D(3) induces E-cadherin and modulates beta-catenin-TCF-4 target genes in a manner opposite to that of beta-catenin, promoting the differentiation of colon carcinoma cells. ..
- Reyes A, Sanz M, Duran A, Roncero C. Chitin synthase III requires Chs4p-dependent translocation of Chs3p into the plasma membrane. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:1998-2009 pubmed..Chs4p thus promotes Chs3p translocation into the plasma membrane in a stable and active form. Proper CSIII turnover is maintained through the endocytic internalization of Chs3p. ..
- Ramos Miguel A, García Fuster M, Callado L, La Harpe R, Meana J, García Sevilla J. Phosphorylation of FADD (Fas-associated death domain protein) at serine 194 is increased in the prefrontal cortex of opiate abusers: relation to mitogen activated protein kinase, phosphoprotein enriched in astrocytes of 15 kDa, and Akt signaling path. Neuroscience. 2009;161:23-38 pubmed publisher..The interaction between p-FADD (upregulated) and neuronal pathways (downregulated) could play a relevant role in mediating specific forms of structural and behavioral neuroplasticity. ..
- Abad M, Moreno A, Palacios A, Narita M, Blanco F, Moreno Bueno G, et al. The tumor suppressor ING1 contributes to epigenetic control of cellular senescence. Aging Cell. 2011;10:158-71 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results identify ING1 as a critical epigenetic regulator of cellular senescence in human fibroblasts and highlight its role in control of gene expression in the context of this tumor-protective response. ..
- Elizalde C, Campa V, Caro M, Schlangen K, Aransay A, Vivanco M, et al. Distinct roles for Wnt-4 and Wnt-11 during retinoic acid-induced neuronal differentiation. Stem Cells. 2011;29:141-53 pubmed publisher..These observations highlight the distinct roles of two noncanonical Wnts during the early stages of retinoic acid-induced neuronal differentiation. ..
- Embade N, Fernandez Ramos D, Varela Rey M, Beraza N, Sini M, Gutiérrez de Juan V, et al. Murine double minute 2 regulates Hu antigen R stability in human liver and colon cancer through NEDDylation. Hepatology. 2012;55:1237-48 pubmed publisher..This novel Mdm2/NEDD8/HuR regulatory framework is essential for the malignant transformation of tumor cells, which, in turn, unveils a novel signaling paradigm that is pharmacologically amenable for cancer therapy. ..
- Sanchez Vallet A, López G, Ramos B, Delgado Cerezo M, Rivière M, Llorente F, et al. Disruption of abscisic acid signaling constitutively activates Arabidopsis resistance to the necrotrophic fungus Plectosphaerella cucumerina. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:2109-24 pubmed publisher..All these data suggest that ABA signaling has a complex function in Arabidopsis basal resistance, negatively regulating SA/JA/ET-mediated resistance to necrotrophic fungi. ..
- Veas PÃ©rez de Tudela M, Maestre C, Delgado Esteban M, BolaÃ±os J, Almeida A. Cdk5-mediated inhibition of APC/C-Cdh1 switches on the cyclin D1-Cdk4-pRb pathway causing aberrant S-phase entry of postmitotic neurons. Sci Rep. 2015;5:18180 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that APC/C-Cdh1 actively suppresses an aberrant cell cycle entry and death of neurons, highlighting its critical function in neuroprotection. ..
- Sanchez Margalet V, Martin Romero C. Human leptin signaling in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells: activation of the JAK-STAT pathway. Cell Immunol. 2001;211:30-6 pubmed..This pathway may mediate, at least in part, the action of human leptin in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. ..
- Benito Gutiérrez E, Garcia Fernandez J, Comella J. Origin and evolution of the Trk family of neurotrophic receptors. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2006;31:179-92 pubmed..It is suggestive to propose that subtle protein mutations, gene duplications, and co-options in particular territories of a primitive Nt/Trk system were instrumental to the development of a complex vertebrate nervous system. ..
- Sanchez Jimenez F, Perez Perez A, Gonzalez Yanes C, Varone C, Sanchez Margalet V. Sam68 mediates leptin-stimulated growth by modulating leptin receptor signaling in human trophoblastic JEG-3 cells. Hum Reprod. 2011;26:2306-15 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that Sam68 participates in the main signaling pathways of LEPR to mediate the trophic and proliferative effect of leptin in human trophoblastic cells. ..
- Barrio L, Sáez de Guinoa J, Carrasco Y. TLR4 signaling shapes B cell dynamics via MyD88-dependent pathways and Rac GTPases. J Immunol. 2013;191:3867-75 pubmed publisher..These results increase our understanding of the regulation of B cell dynamics by innate signals and the underlying molecular mechanisms. ..
- Soto T, Beltrán F, Paredes V, Madrid M, Millar J, Vicente Soler J, et al. Cold induces stress-activated protein kinase-mediated response in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:5056-65 pubmed
- Ruiz de Azua I, Del Olmo E, Pazos A, Salles J. Transmembrane signaling through phospholipase C-beta in the developing human prefrontal cortex. J Neurosci Res. 2006;84:13-26 pubmed
- Fernandez Medarde A, Porteros A, de las Rivas J, Nunez A, Fuster J, Santos E. Laser microdissection and microarray analysis of the hippocampus of Ras-GRF1 knockout mice reveals gene expression changes affecting signal transduction pathways related to memory and learning. Neuroscience. 2007;146:272-85 pubmed..These data, together with the previously described role of IRS and insulin (known Ras-GRF1 activators) in AD, warrant further investigation of a potential functional link of Ras-GRF1 to neurodegenerative processes. ..
- Estivill Torrus G, Llebrez Zayas P, Matas Rico E, Santín L, Pedraza C, De Diego I, et al. Absence of LPA1 signaling results in defective cortical development. Cereb Cortex. 2008;18:938-50 pubmed..These data support LPA(1) function in normal cortical development and suggest that the presence of genetic modifiers of LPA(1) influences cerebral cortical development. ..
- Merino E, Sanjuan M, Moraga I, Cipres A, Merida I. Role of the diacylglycerol kinase alpha-conserved domains in membrane targeting in intact T cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:35396-404 pubmed
- López Sánchez I, Sanz Garcia M, Lazo P. Plk3 interacts with and specifically phosphorylates VRK1 in Ser342, a downstream target in a pathway that induces Golgi fragmentation. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:1189-201 pubmed publisher..The Plk3-VRK1 kinase module might represent two consecutive steps of a signaling cascade that participates in the regulation of Golgi fragmentation. ..
- Antunez Lamas M, Cabrera Ordóñez E, Lopez Solanilla E, Raposo R, Trelles Salazar O, Rodríguez Moreno A, et al. Role of motility and chemotaxis in the pathogenesis of Dickeya dadantii 3937 (ex Erwinia chrysanthemi 3937). Microbiology. 2009;155:434-42 pubmed publisher..These results clearly indicate that motility plays an important role in the pathogenicity of this bacterium. ..
- Díaz Prado S, Medina Villaamil V, Aparicio Gallego G, Blanco Calvo M, Lopez Cedrun J, Sironvalle Soliva S, et al. Expression of Wnt gene family and frizzled receptors in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas. Virchows Arch. 2009;455:67-75 pubmed publisher..qPCR demonstrated that HNSCC express Wnt and Fz members, and suggested that Wnt and Fz signaling is activated in HNSCC cells. ..
- Ramudo L, Yubero S, Manso M, Vicente S, de Dios I. Signal transduction of MCP-1 expression induced by pancreatitis-associated ascitic fluid in pancreatic acinar cells. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:1314-20 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, acinar cells were activated by PAAF to produce MCP-1, mainly via NF-kappaB and STAT3 pathways. Both downstream pathways were targeted by Dx and NAC to repress the PAAF-mediated acinar MCP-1 up-regulation...
- Dienstmann R, Tabernero J. BRAF as a target for cancer therapy. Anticancer Agents Med Chem. 2011;11:285-95 pubmed
- Aranda E, Lopez Pedrera C, de la Haba Rodríguez J, Rodriguez Ariza A. Nitric oxide and cancer: the emerging role of S-nitrosylation. Curr Mol Med. 2012;12:50-67 pubmed..Finally, recent studies providing evidence for NO-related mechanisms of epigenetic gene expression regulation will also be discussed. Undoubtedly, new exciting results will contribute to this rapidly expanding area of cancer research. ..
- Ceregido M, Spínola Amilibia M, Buts L, Rivera Torres J, Garcia Pino A, Bravo J, et al. The structure of TAX1BP1 UBZ1+2 provides insight into target specificity and adaptability. J Mol Biol. 2014;426:674-90 pubmed publisher..The observed degree of flexibility and stability between the two UBZ domains might have consequences on the recognition mechanism of interacting partners. ..
- García Rodriguez J, Barbier Torres L, Fernandez Alvarez S, Gutiérrez de Juan V, Monte M, Halilbasic E, et al. SIRT1 controls liver regeneration by regulating bile acid metabolism through farnesoid X receptor and mammalian target of rapamycin signaling. Hepatology. 2014;59:1972-83 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our data suggest that SIRT1 contributes to liver tumorigenesis through dysregulation of BA homeostasis by persistent FXR deacetylation. ..
- Gotor C, Lam E, Cejudo F, Romero L. Isolation and analysis of the soybean SGA2 gene (cDNA), encoding a new member of the plant G-protein family of signal transducers. Plant Mol Biol. 1996;32:1227-34 pubmed..The high degree of sequence conservation among the plant G alpha's and the differences to other species of other kingdoms, suggest that plant G proteins may function in specialized signalling processes. ..
- Sanchez Margalet V, Najib S. Sam68 is a docking protein linking GAP and PI3K in insulin receptor signaling. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2001;183:113-21 pubmed..e. p120GAP. In this way, these signaling complexes may modulate other signaling cascades of IR, such as p21Ras pathway. ..
- Lacalle R, Mira E, Gomez Mouton C, Jimenez Baranda S, Martinez A C, Manes S. Specific SHP-2 partitioning in raft domains triggers integrin-mediated signaling via Rho activation. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:277-89 pubmed..Because raft recruitment of SHP-2 occurs physiologically after cell attachment, these results provide a mechanism by which SHP-2 may influence cell adhesion and migration by spatially regulating Rho activity. ..
- García Ramírez M, Hernandez C, Simo R. Expression of erythropoietin and its receptor in the human retina: a comparative study of diabetic and nondiabetic subjects. Diabetes Care. 2008;31:1189-94 pubmed publisher..At this early stage, other factors apart from hypoxia seem to be more important in accounting for the Epo upregulation that exists in the diabetic retina. ..
- Sharifmoghadam M, Valdivieso M. The fission yeast SEL1 domain protein Cfh3p: a novel regulator of the glucan synthase Bgs1p whose function is more relevant under stress conditions. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:11070-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, we found that the SEL1 repeats are required for Cfh3p function. These results show that Cfh3p is a regulatory protein for Bgs1p and that its function is particularly necessary when the cells are undergoing stress. ..
- Rodríguez García A, Samsó P, Fontova P, Simon Molas H, Manzano A, Castaño E, et al. TGF-?1 targets Smad, p38 MAPK, and PI3K/Akt signaling pathways to induce PFKFB3 gene expression and glycolysis in glioblastoma cells. FEBS J. 2017;284:3437-3454 pubmed publisher..This suggests that PFKFB3 induction by TGF-?1 can be one of the main mechanisms mediating the reprogramming of glioma cells. ..
- Llorente F, Alonso Blanco C, Sánchez Rodríguez C, Jorda L, Molina A. ERECTA receptor-like kinase and heterotrimeric G protein from Arabidopsis are required for resistance to the necrotrophic fungus Plectosphaerella cucumerina. Plant J. 2005;43:165-80 pubmed..cucumerina inoculation. Taken together, these data suggest a putative function of ERECTA and heterotrimeric G protein in P. cucumerina perception. ..
- Smani T, Dominguez Rodriguez A, Hmadcha A, Calderón Sanchez E, Horrillo Ledesma A, Ordoñez A. Role of Ca2+-independent phospholipase A2 and store-operated pathway in urocortin-induced vasodilatation of rat coronary artery. Circ Res. 2007;101:1194-203 pubmed..In summary, we propose a new mechanism of vasodilatation by urocortin which involves the regulation of iPLA2 and SOCE via the stimulation of a cAMP/PKA-dependent signal transduction cascade in rat coronary artery. ..
- Vicent G, Ballaré C, Nacht A, Clausell J, Subtil Rodríguez A, Quiles I, et al. Convergence on chromatin of non-genomic and genomic pathways of hormone signaling. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2008;109:344-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, activation of signaling cascades in the cytoplasm is essential for chromatin remodeling and transcriptional activation of a subset of steroid hormone target genes. ..
- Crespo Biel N, Camins A, Pallas M, Canudas A. Evidence of calpain/cdk5 pathway inhibition by lithium in 3-nitropropionic acid toxicity in vivo and in vitro. Neuropharmacology. 2009;56:422-8 pubmed publisher..Lithium treatment also reduced the intracellular increase in calcium induced by 3-NP. The finding that lithium mediates the modulation of the calpain/cdk5 pathway further supports its use in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Ocio E, Mateos M, Maiso P, Pandiella A, San Miguel J. New drugs in multiple myeloma: mechanisms of action and phase I/II clinical findings. Lancet Oncol. 2008;9:1157-65 pubmed publisher..Unfortunately, the single-agent clinical activity of most of these new drugs has been limited; nevertheless, their effectiveness might be enhanced by their rational combination with each other or with conventional agents. ..
- Burguillos M, Hajji N, Englund E, Persson A, Cenci A, Machado A, et al. Apoptosis-inducing factor mediates dopaminergic cell death in response to LPS-induced inflammatory stimulus: evidence in Parkinson's disease patients. Neurobiol Dis. 2011;41:177-88 pubmed publisher..We also observed nuclear translocation of AIF in the ventral mesencephalon of Parkinson's disease subjects. ..
- Garcia Barrado M, Iglesias Osma M, Moreno Viedma V, Pastor Mansilla M, Gonzalez S, Carretero J, et al. Differential sensitivity to adrenergic stimulation underlies the sexual dimorphism in the development of diabetes caused by Irs-2 deficiency. Biochem Pharmacol. 2011;81:279-88 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that IRS-2 deficiency in mice alters the expression and/or sensitivity of components of adrenergic signaling. ..
- Perez P, Cansado J. Cell integrity signaling and response to stress in fission yeast. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2010;11:680-92 pubmed..The structure of these signaling modules and the function of the pathways, including the regulation by endogenous inhibitors, are discussed. ..
- S nchez Gurmaches J, Cruz Garcia L, Guti rrez J, Navarro I. Adiponectin effects and gene expression in rainbow trout: an in vivo and in vitro approach. J Exp Biol. 2012;215:1373-83 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first time this has been demonstrated in teleosts, and it may be a valuable contribution to our understanding of adipokines in fish...
- Teixeira C, Kron M, Masachs N, Zhang H, Lagace D, MARTINEZ A, et al. Cell-autonomous inactivation of the reelin pathway impairs adult neurogenesis in the hippocampus. J Neurosci. 2012;32:12051-65 pubmed..Moreover, our data reveal a novel role of the Reelin cascade in adult brain function with potential implications for the pathogenesis of several neurological and psychiatric disorders. ..
- Pimentel B, Rodríguez Borlado L, Hernandez C, Carrera A. A Role for phosphoinositide 3-kinase in the control of cell division and survival during retinal development. Dev Biol. 2002;247:295-306 pubmed..These data also show that, even after cell division decline, PI3K activation mediates survival of differentiated neurons in vivo. ..
- Ruiz S, Castro Castro A, Bustelo X. CD147 inhibits the nuclear factor of activated T-cells by impairing Vav1 and Rac1 downstream signaling. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:5554-66 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that CD147, via the selective inhibition of specific downstream elements of the Vav1/Rac1 route, contributes to the negative regulation of T-cell responses. ..
- Perez J, Castañeda García A, Jenke Kodama H, Muller R, Munoz Dorado J. Eukaryotic-like protein kinases in the prokaryotes and the myxobacterial kinome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:15950-5 pubmed publisher..However, extensive similarities between M. xanthus, Stigmatella aurantiaca, and 3 Anaeromyxobacter strains were observed, indicating that they share regulatory pathways involving various ELKs...