Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Hong Kong
Locale: Hong Kong
Topic: signal transduction
- Xu Q, Yu L, Liu L, Cheung C, Li X, Yee S, et al. p38 Mitogen-activated protein kinase-, calcium-calmodulin-dependent protein kinase-, and calcineurin-mediated signaling pathways transcriptionally regulate myogenin expression. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:1940-52 pubmed
- Tso P, Wang Y, Yung L, Tong Y, Lee M, Wong Y. RGS19 inhibits Ras signaling through Nm23H1/2-mediated phosphorylation of the kinase suppressor of Ras. Cell Signal. 2013;25:1064-74 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that expression of RGS19 can suppress Ras-mediated signaling via upregulation of Nm23. ..
- Zhang Q, Wei F, Fong C, Yu W, Chen Y, Koon C, et al. Transcriptional profiling of human skin fibroblast cell line Hs27 induced by herbal formula Astragali Radix and Rehmanniae Radix. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;138:668-75 pubmed publisher..The herbs Astragali Radix (AR) and Rehmanniae Radix (RR) have long been used in traditional Chinese Medicine and serve as the principal herbs in treating diabetic foot ulcer...
- Fong C, Wei F, Chen Y, Yu W, Koon C, Leung P, et al. Danshen-Gegen decoction exerts proliferative effect on rat cardiac myoblasts H9c2 via MAPK and insulin pathways. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;138:60-6 pubmed publisher..The molecular mechanism of the action may include the up-regulation of IRS/AKT and JNK pathways as well as the inhibition of TNF and p38 pathways. ..
- Wu H, Feng W, Chen J, Chan L, Huang S, Zhang M. PDZ domains of Par-3 as potential phosphoinositide signaling integrators. Mol Cell. 2007;28:886-98 pubmed..The concatenation of the PIP-binding PDZ2 and the lipid phosphatase PTEN-binding PDZ3 endows Par-3 as an ideal scaffold protein for integrating PIP signaling events during cellular polarization. ..
- Wang Y, Lam C, Wu F, Wang W, Duan Y, Huang P. Regulation of CFTR channels by HCO(3)--sensitive soluble adenylyl cyclase in human airway epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005;289:C1145-51 pubmed
- Hertz L, Hansson E, Ronnback L. Signaling and gene expression in the neuron-glia unit during brain function and dysfunction: Holger Hydén in memoriam. Neurochem Int. 2001;39:227-52 pubmed
- Wu S, Wu J. Extracellular ATP-induced NO production and its dependence on membrane Ca2+ flux in Salvia miltiorrhiza hairy roots. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:4007-16 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that NO is implicated in ATP-induced responses and signal transduction in plant cells, and ATP signalling is closely related to Ca(2+) and ROS signalling. ..
- Huang Y, Cen L, Choy K, Van Rooijen N, Wang N, Pang C, et al. JAK/STAT pathway mediates retinal ganglion cell survival after acute ocular hypertension but not under normal conditions. Exp Eye Res. 2007;85:684-95 pubmed..This study thus shows that (1) acute IOP elevation activates JAK/STAT pathway in RGCs, and (2) JAK/STAT pathway mediates RGC survival following IOP elevation but not under normal condition. ..
- Zhang W, Chan H, Gao Y, Poon R, Wu Z. BS69 is involved in cellular senescence through the p53-p21Cip1 pathway. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:952-8 pubmed..Together, our data indicate that BS69 is involved in cellular senescence mainly through the p53-p21Cip1 pathway. ..
- Wong Y, Sheng Q, Chung J, Chan J, Chow K. mab-31 and the TGF-beta pathway act in the ray lineage to pattern C. elegans male sensory rays. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:82 pubmed publisher..They act upstream of C. elegans Pax-6 homolog and repress its function. These findings suggested mab-31 is a key factor that can integrate TFG-beta signals in male sensory ray lineage to define organ identity. ..
- Han W, Yu K, Wu L, Wu Y, Wang H. Mechanism of protection of bystander cells by exogenous carbon monoxide: impaired response to damage signal of radiation-induced bystander effect. Mutat Res. 2011;709-710:1-6 pubmed publisher..Protection of CO on cells to peroxynitrite, an oxidizing free radical from NO, suggested that CO might protect bystander cells via impaired response of bystander cells to NO, a RIBE signal in our research system. ..
- Liu W, Wen W, Wei Z, Yu J, Ye F, Liu C, et al. The INAD scaffold is a dynamic, redox-regulated modulator of signaling in the Drosophila eye. Cell. 2011;145:1088-101 pubmed publisher..These results show that scaffolding proteins can actively modulate the intrinsic redox potentials of their disulfide bonds to exert regulatory roles in signaling. ..
- Tso P, Yung L, Wang Y, Wong Y. RGS19 stimulates cell proliferation by deregulating cell cycle control and enhancing Akt signaling. Cancer Lett. 2011;309:199-208 pubmed publisher..Consistent with an elevated Akt activity, increased levels of phosphorylated Bad and c-Raf and a diminished expression of TSC2 were detected, thus demonstrating that RGS19 can deregulate cell proliferation via multiple pathways. ..
- Wan J, Zhang W, Wu L, Bai T, Zhang M, Lo K, et al. BS69, a specific adaptor in the latent membrane protein 1-mediated c-Jun N-terminal kinase pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:448-56 pubmed..This indicates that the recruitment and aggregation of BS69 is a prerequisite for JNK activation by LMP1. ..
- Feng W, Long J, Zhang M. A unified assembly mode revealed by the structures of tetrameric L27 domain complexes formed by mLin-2/mLin-7 and Patj/Pals1 scaffold proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:6861-6 pubmed..Our results provide a unified picture for L27 domain-mediated protein-protein interactions. ..
- Wang J, Wu J. Nitric oxide is involved in methyl jasmonate-induced defense responses and secondary metabolism activities of Taxus cells. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:923-30 pubmed..The NO inhibitors also suppressed MeJA-induced taxol accumulation. These results are suggestive of a role for NO as a signal element for activating the MeJA-induced defense responses and secondary metabolism activities of plant cells...
- Yan B, Han P, Pan L, Lu W, Xiong J, Zhang M, et al. IL-1? and reactive oxygen species differentially regulate neutrophil directional migration and Basal random motility in a zebrafish injury-induced inflammation model. J Immunol. 2014;192:5998-6008 pubmed publisher..In addition, Il-1? overexpressing Tg(hsp70:(m)il-1?_eGFP;lyz:DsRed2)hkz10t;nz50 transgenic zebrafish provides a useful animal model for the study of chronic inflammatory disorder and for anti-inflammatory drug discovery. ..