Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in China
Topic: signal transduction
Publications507 found, 100 shown here
- Cheng L, Cheng L, Bi H, Zhang Z, Yao J, Zhou X, et al. Alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone protects retinal pigment epithelium cells from oxidative stress through activation of melanocortin 1 receptor-Akt-mTOR signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:447-52 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have identified a new ?-MSH-MC1R physiologic pathway that reduces H?O?-induced RPE cell damage, and might minimize the risk of developing AMD. ..
- Hu W, Fan C, Jiang P, Ma Z, Yan X, Di S, et al. Emerging role of N-myc downstream-regulated gene 2 (NDRG2) in cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:209-23 pubmed publisher..The information reviewed here should assist in experimental design and increase the potential of NDRG2 as a therapeutic target for cancer. ..
- Zhao C, Mao K, You C, Zhao X, Wang S, Li Y, et al. Molecular cloning and functional analysis of a UV-B photoreceptor gene, MdUVR8 (UV Resistance Locus 8), from apple. Plant Sci. 2016;247:115-26 pubmed publisher..This interaction provides a direction for investigating the regulatory mechanisms of the UV-B-light pathway in apple. ..
- Zeng M, Ren L, Mizuno K, Nestoras K, Wang H, Tang Z, et al. CRL4(Wdr70) regulates H2B monoubiquitination and facilitates Exo1-dependent resection. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11364 pubmed publisher..Finally, we establish that this histone regulatory cascade similarly controls DSB resection in human cells. ..
- Zou K, Wang Y, Hu Y, Zheng L, Xu W, Li G. Specific tumor-derived CCL2 mediated by pyruvate kinase M2 in colorectal cancer cells contributes to macrophage recruitment in tumor microenvironment. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317695962 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we revealed a novel mechanism of pyruvate kinase M2 in promoting colorectal cancer progression by recruitment of macrophages through p65 nuclear factor-?B-mediated expression of CCL2. ..
- Ni Z, Tao L, Xiaohui X, Zelin Z, Jiangang L, Zhao S, et al. Polydatin impairs mitochondria fitness and ameliorates podocyte injury by suppressing Drp1 expression. J Cell Physiol. 2017;232:2776-2787 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate that PD may be therapeutically useful in DN, and that, podocyte apoptosis induced by HG can be reversed by PD through suppressing Drp1 expression. ..
- Du C, Huang D, Peng Y, Yao Y, Zhao Y, Yang Y, et al. 5-Fluorouracil targets histone acetyltransferases p300/CBP in the treatment of colorectal cancer. Cancer Lett. 2017;400:183-193 pubmed publisher..These results elucidate a novel pharmacological effect of 5-FU involving global histone de-acetylation by promoting the degradation of p300/CBP, and highlights p300 and CBP as promising predictors of chemo-sensitivity to 5-FU treatment. ..
- Yu L, Sun L, Wang M, Wang L, Wu Y, Yu J, et al. EphrinB-EphB Signaling Induces Hyperalgesia through ERK5/CREB Pathway in Rats. Pain Physician. 2017;20:E563-E574 pubmed..This study provides further understanding of the downstream mechanisms of ephrinB-EphB signaling and helps to explore new targets for treating pathological pain. ..
- Ji Y, Zhou L, Xie Y, Xu S, Zhu J, Teng P, et al. Upregulation of glutamate transporter GLT-1 by mTOR-Akt-NF-?B cascade in astrocytic oxygen-glucose deprivation. Glia. 2013;61:1959-75 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data first showed that mTOR-Akt-NF-?B cascade played critical roles to up-regulate GLT-1 in OGD. This signaling cascade may work to promote glutamate uptake in brain ischemia and neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Wang Y, Gu Z, Huang J, Zhu Y, Zhou Z, Xie W, et al. gp130-linked signal transduction promotes the differentiation and maturation of dendritic cells. Int Immunol. 2002;14:599-603 pubmed..Thus, gp130 signal transduction is important for the differentiation and maturation of DC. ..
- Zhu J, Wang O, Ruan L, Hou X, Cui Y, Wang J, et al. The green tea polyphenol (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate inhibits leukocyte activation by bacterial formylpeptide through the receptor FPR. Int Immunopharmacol. 2009;9:1126-30 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that EGCG inhibits FPR-mediated leukocyte activation thus is a promising anti-inflammatory compound. ..
- Zhao T, Zhang L, Liu J, Guo T. Disruption of Nox2 and TNFRp55/p75 eliminates cardioprotection induced by anisomycin. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2012;303:H1263-72 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that stimulation of the Nox2 and TNFR p55/p75 pathway is a novel approach to anisomycin-induced cardioprotection. ..
- Zhai Y, Lu Q, Liu Y, Cheng Q, Wei Y, Zhang F, et al. Over-production of nitric oxide by oxidative stress-induced activation of the TGF-?1/PI3K/Akt pathway in mesangial cells cultured in high glucose. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2013;34:507-14 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that high glucose causes oxidative stress and NO over-production in rat mesangial cells in vitro via decreasing Bim and increasing iNOS, which are at least partially mediated by the TGF-?1/PI3K/Akt pathway. ..
- Cheng Z, Zhang G, Shi P, Du B. Expression and antioxidation of Nrf2/ARE pathway in traumatic brain injury. Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2013;6:305-10 pubmed publisher..The nerve cell protective effect of Nrf2/ARE pathway in TBI achieves through inhibiting the oxidative stress injuries. ..
- Wang H, Wang X, Li X, Fan Y, Li G, Guo C, et al. CD68(+)HLA-DR(+) M1-like macrophages promote motility of HCC cells via NF-?B/FAK pathway. Cancer Lett. 2014;345:91-9 pubmed publisher..The promoted migration of HCC cells was abrogated by the Bay 11-7802, as well as the activation of NF-?B and FAK pathway. Our findings implied a pro-metastatic role of M1-like TAM in HCC. ..
- Liang Z, Wu G, Fan C, Xu J, Jiang S, Yan X, et al. The emerging role of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 in cerebral ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke. Prog Neurobiol. 2016;137:1-16 pubmed publisher..Finally, we highlight research progress on STAT3 in stroke. This review presents the important roles of STAT3 in the nervous system and may contribute to the promotion of STAT3 as a new therapeutic target. ..
- Tao M, Liu L, Shen M, Zhi Q, Gong F, Zhou B, et al. Inflammatory stimuli promote growth and invasion of pancreatic cancer cells through NF-ÎºB pathway dependent repression of PP2Ac. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:381-93 pubmed publisher..Our study presents a new mechanism in inflammation-driven cancer progression through NF-ÎºB pathway-dependent PP2Ac repression. ..
- Liu S, Zhu B, Sun Y, Xie X. MiR-155 modulates the progression of neuropathic pain through targeting SGK3. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14374-82 pubmed..The data presented in this study suggested that miR-155 slicing could excellently alleviate neuropathic pain in rats through targeting SGK3 expression. miR-155 may be a potential therapeutic target for neuropathic pain treatment. ..
- Zhang H, Shi Y, He M. Molecular identification of an insulin growth factor binding protein (IGFBP) and its potential role in an insulin-like peptide system of the pearl oyster, Pinctada fucata. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;214:27-35 pubmed publisher..Our data suggests that Pfigfbp may be involved in endocrine signaling in P. fucata via the regulation of insulin-like peptide signaling. ..
- Li D, Gao J, Li Y, Lu J. A thermostable manganese-containing superoxide dismutase from the thermophilic fungus Thermomyces lanuginosus. Extremophiles. 2005;9:1-6 pubmed..It was thermostable at 50 and 60 degrees C and retained 55% activity after 60 min at 70 degrees C. The half-life of the SOD at 80 degrees C was approximately 28 min and even retained 20% activity after 20 min at 90 degrees C. ..
- Huang J, Yang M, Liu P, Yang G, Wu C, Zheng C. GhDREB1 enhances abiotic stress tolerance, delays GA-mediated development and represses cytokinin signalling in transgenic Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Environ. 2009;32:1132-45 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the GhDREB1 overexpressing Arabidopsis exhibited decreased sensitivity to cytokinin (CK) which is associated with repression of expression of type-B and type-A ARRs, two key components in the CK-signalling pathway. ..
- Xu F, Kang Y, Zhang H, Piao Z, Yin H, Diao R, et al. Akt1-mediated regulation of macrophage polarization in a murine model of Staphylococcus aureus pulmonary infection. J Infect Dis. 2013;208:528-38 pubmed publisher..These results thus establish an Akt1-mediated, microRNA-involved circuit that regulates pathogen-driven macrophage polarization and, subsequently, the host response to infection. ..
- Gao B, Huang L, Liu H, Wu H, Zhang E, Yang L, et al. Platelet P2Y?? receptors are involved in the haemostatic effect of notoginsenoside Ft1, a saponin isolated from Panax notoginseng. Br J Pharmacol. 2014;171:214-23 pubmed publisher..Ft1 enhanced platelet aggregation by activating a signalling network mediated through P2Y?? receptors. These novel findings may contribute to the effective utilization of this compound in the therapy of haematological disorders. ..
- Wu Z, Liu Y, Wang S, Li B. miRNA-146a induces vascular smooth muscle cell apoptosis in a rat model of coronary heart disease via NF-ÎºB pathway. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:18703-12 pubmed publisher..0038). In conclusion, miRNA- 146a was found to induce vascular smooth muscle cell apoptosis in rats with coronary heart disease via the activation of the NF-ÎºB signal pathway. ..
- Zhang J, Ma Y, Wang S, Chen F, Gu Y. C/EBPÎ± inhibits proliferation of breast cancer cells via a novel pathway of miR-134/CREB. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14472-8 pubmed..Collectively, C/EBPÎ± inhibited cell growth in breast cancer cells via a novel pathway miR-134/CREB. ..
- Zhou Q, Wei S, Wang H, Wang Q, Li W, Li G, et al. Crucial Role of ROCK2-Mediated Phosphorylation and Upregulation of FHOD3 in the Pathogenesis of Angiotensin II-Induced Cardiac Hypertrophy. Hypertension. 2017;69:1070-1083 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrated the importance of ROCK2 regulated FHOD3 expression and activation in Ang-II-induced myofibrillogenesis, thus provided a novel mechanism for the pathogenesis of Ang-II-induced cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Ren M, Feng R, Shi H, Lu L, Yun T, Peng M, et al. Expression patterns of members of the ethylene signaling-related gene families in response to dehydration stresses in cassava. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177621 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a framework for further research on the molecular mechanisms of cassava resistance to drought stress and provide a foundation for breeding drought-resistant new cultivars...
- Zhao Y, Guo C, Wang L, Wang S, Li X, Jiang B, et al. A novel fluorinated thiosemicarbazone derivative- 2-(3,4-difluorobenzylidene) hydrazinecarbothioamide induces apoptosis in human A549 lung cancer cells via ROS-mediated mitochondria-dependent pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:65-71 pubmed publisher..As a result, it is indicated that compound 1 induced apoptosis on A549 cells was realized by regulating ROS-mediated mitochondria-dependent signaling pathway. ..
- Miller L, Fleming D, Li X, Bayles D, Blecha F, Sang Y. Comparative analysis of signature genes in PRRSV-infected porcine monocyte-derived cells to different stimuli. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181256 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the number of DEG and predicted network interactions stimulated in HP-PRRSV infected mDCs was superior to the VR-2332 infected mDCs and conformed with HP-PRRSV pathogenicity. ..
- Liang S, Wei H, Sun R, Tian Z. IFNalpha regulates NK cell cytotoxicity through STAT1 pathway. Cytokine. 2003;23:190-9 pubmed..The results indicate that STAT1 activation play a crucial role in IFNalpha signaling for cytolysis function of NK cells. ..
- Hu J, Chen T, Zhuang Z, Kong L, Yu M, Liu Y, et al. Feedback control of MKP-1 expression by p38. Cell Signal. 2007;19:393-400 pubmed..These results indicate a critical role of p38-MK2-dependent induction of MKP-1 in innate immune responses. ..
- Shi Y, Bingle L, Gong L, Wang Y, Corke K, Fang W. Basic FGF augments hypoxia induced HIF-1-alpha expression and VEGF release in T47D breast cancer cells. Pathology. 2007;39:396-400 pubmed..bFGF augments hypoxia induced VEGF release mainly through the PI3K pathway and partly depending on HIF-1 activity. Elucidation of this mechanism may provide a new target for anti-angiogenesis in cancer therapy. ..
- Wu M, Zhu Y, Pan X, Lin N, Zhang J, Chen X. [Involvement of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in tripchlorolide protecting against oligomeric beta-amyloid-(1-42)-induced neuronal apoptosis]. Yao Xue Xue Bao. 2010;45:853-9 pubmed..These results indicate that tripchlorolide protects against the neurotoxicity of Abeta by regulating Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway. This may provide insight into the clinical application of tripchlorolide to Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Cheung P, Yip Y, Tsao S, Ching Y, Cheung A. Id-1 induces cell invasiveness in immortalized epithelial cells by regulating cadherin switching and Rho GTPases. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:157-68 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the Id-1-induced invasive potential may be regulated through the N-cadherin-RhoA axis and Rac1 activation. ..
- Liu G, Lu P, Li L, Jin H, He X, Mukaida N, et al. Critical role of SDF-1?-induced progenitor cell recruitment and macrophage VEGF production in the experimental corneal neovascularization. Mol Vis. 2011;17:2129-38 pubmed..SDF-1?-treated mice exhibited enhanced alkali-induced CNV through enhanced intracorneal progenitor cell infiltration and increased VEGF expression by macrophages. ..
- Zhou F, Zhou H, Wang T, Mu Y, Wu B, Guo D, et al. Epigallocatechin-3-gallate inhibits proliferation and migration of human colon cancer SW620 cells in vitro. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2012;33:120-6 pubmed publisher..EGCG blocks the proliferation and migration of SW620 cells induced by PAR2-AP and factor VIIa via inhibition of the ERK1/2 and NF-?B pathways. The compound may serve as a preventive and therapeutic agent for colon cancers. ..
- Cui D, Wang L, Jiang W, Qi A, Zhou Q, Zhang X. Propofol prevents cerebral ischemia-triggered autophagy activation and cell death in the rat hippocampus through the NF-?B/p53 signaling pathway. Neuroscience. 2013;246:117-32 pubmed publisher..Our results are the first to show that propofol, at clinically relevant concentrations, attenuated cell death through both autophagic and apoptotic mechanisms in the rat hippocampus after a cerebral I/R insult. ..
- Zhang B, Liu Z, Hu X. Inhibiting cancer metastasis via targeting NAPDH oxidase 4. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013;86:253-66 pubmed publisher..In line with previous reports, the study suggests that pharmacologically targeting NOX4 may be a potential approach to disrupt cancer metastasis. ..
- Cui W, Zhang S, Shan C, Zhou L, Zhou Z. microRNA-133a regulates the cell cycle and proliferation of breast cancer cells by targeting epidermal growth factor receptor through the EGFR/Akt signaling pathway. FEBS J. 2013;280:3962-74 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results show that miR-133a may be used as biomarker and/or therapeutic target for diagnosis and therapy of breast cancer. ..
- Sun X, Liang J, Yao X, Lu C, Zhong T, Hong X, et al. The activation of EGFR promotes myocardial tumor necrosis factor-Î± production and cardiac failure in endotoxemia. Oncotarget. 2015;6:35478-95 pubmed publisher..All these results provided a new insight of how EGFR regulation the production of TNF-Î± in cardiomyocytes and a potential new target for the treatment of cardiac dysfunction in sepsis. ..
- Chen Z, Huang J, Wu Y, Liu D. Metabolic engineering of Corynebacterium glutamicum for the de novo production of ethylene glycol from glucose. Metab Eng. 2016;33:12-18 pubmed publisher..The best engineered C. glutamicum strain is able to accumulate 3.5 g/L of EG with the yield of 0.25 mol/mol glucose in batch cultivation. This study lays the basis for developing an efficient biological process for EG production. ..
- Xing S, Du J, Gao S, Tian Z, Zheng Y, Liu G, et al. Analysis of the miRNA expression profile in an Aedes albopictus cell line in response to bluetongue virus infection. Infect Genet Evol. 2016;39:74-84 pubmed publisher..albopictus cells. This investigation provides information concerning the cellular miRNA expression profile in response to BTV infection, and it offers clues for identifying potential candidates for vector-based antiviral strategies. ..
- Hu M, Ou Yang H, Han X, Ti X, Wu C. KyoT2 downregulates airway remodeling in asthma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14171-9 pubmed..It is reasonable to assume that KyoT2 downregulates airway remodeling and resistance in asthmatic mice through a Hes1-dependent mechanism. Therefore, KyoT2 is a potential clinical treatment strategy for asthma. ..
- Li K, Yang J, Han X. Ketamine attenuates sepsis-induced acute lung injury via regulation of HMGB1-RAGE pathways. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016;34:114-128 pubmed publisher..It also inhibited the activation of IÎºB-Î±, NF-ÎºB p65, and MAPK. Ketamine protects rats against HMGB1-RAGE activation in a rat model of sepsis-induced ALI. These effects may partially result from reductions in NF-ÎºB and MAPK. ..
- Wang X, Chen L, Liu J, Yan T, Wu G, Xia Y, et al. In vivo treatment of rat arterial adventitia with interleukinâ€‘1Î² induces intimal proliferation via the JAK2/STAT3 signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:3451-8 pubmed publisher..Inhibiting the JAK2/STAT3 signaling pathway may be a novel method for the clinical treatment of artery atherosclerosis. ..
- Koblansky A, Truax A, Liu R, Montgomery S, Ding S, Wilson J, et al. The Innate Immune Receptor NLRX1 Functions as a Tumor Suppressor by Reducing Colon Tumorigenesis and Key Tumor-Promoting Signals. Cell Rep. 2016;14:2562-75 pubmed publisher..These data implicate anti-IL6R as a potential personalized therapy for colon cancers with reduced NLRX1. ..
- Kim E, Son Y, Yang Y, Shen T, Kim I, Aravinthan A, et al. 1-(2,3-Dibenzimidazol-2-ylpropyl)-2-methoxybenzene Is a Syk Inhibitor with Anti-Inflammatory Properties. Molecules. 2016;21:508 pubmed publisher..Together, our results demonstrate that synthetic DBMB has an effect on the inflammatory NF-κB signaling pathway and suggest the potential for clinical use in the treatment of inflammatory diseases. ..
- Liao S, Xiao S, Chen H, Zhang M, Chen Z, Long Y, et al. CD38 enhances the proliferation and inhibits the apoptosis of cervical cancer cells by affecting the mitochondria functions. Mol Carcinog. 2017;56:2245-2257 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that CD38 enhanced the proliferation and inhibited the apoptosis of cervical cancer cells by affecting the mitochondria functions. ..
- Xiang Y, Liao X, Yao A, Qin H, Fan L, Li J, et al. MRTF-A-miR-206-WDR1 form feedback loop to regulate breast cancer cell migration. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:394-404 pubmed publisher..Our data thus provide important and novel insights into MRTF-A-miR-206-WDR1 form feedback loop to regulate breast cancer cell migration. ..
- Su J, Yang C, Xiong F, Wang Y, Zhu Z. Toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway can be triggered by grass carp reovirus and Aeromonas hydrophila infection in rare minnow Gobiocypris rarus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2009;27:33-9 pubmed publisher..05). These data implied that TLR4 signaling pathway could be activated by both viral and bacterial infection in rare minnow...
- Zhang G, Du Y, Yao L, Zhang R, Liu J, Bu N, et al. [Expression of p38MAPK in the olfactory bulb of rats with Alzheimer's disease]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2009;40:40-3 pubmed..01). CONCLUSIONS; Abeta25-35 can activate p38MAPK signal transduction pathway. p38MAPK may play a role in the formation of dysosmia in AD. SB203580, a p38MAPK inhibitor, can reduce the neurotoxicity evoked by p38MAPK. ..
- MA X, Li Q, Xu P, Zhang L, Li H, Yu Z. Tetanic contractions impair sarcomeric Z-disk of atrophic soleus muscle via calpain pathway. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;354:171-80 pubmed publisher..Desmin degradation may loose connections between adjacent myofibrils, whereas running exercise results in sarcomere injury in unloaded soleus muscle. ..
- Liu R, Shi Y, Yang H, Wang L, Zhang S, Xia Y, et al. Neural cell adhesion molecule potentiates the growth of murine melanoma via ?-catenin signaling by association with fibroblast growth factor receptor and glycogen synthase kinase-3?. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:26127-37 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a novel regulatory role of NCAM in the progression of melanoma that might serve as a new therapeutic target for the treatment of melanoma. ..
- Qian Y, Zhang H, Hou Y, Yuan L, Li G, Guo S, et al. Celastrus orbiculatus extract inhibits tumor angiogenesis by targeting vascular endothelial growth factor signaling pathway and shows potent antitumor activity in hepatocarcinomas in Vitro and in Vivo. Chin J Integr Med. 2012;18:752-60 pubmed publisher..This study aims to investigate whether C. orbiculatus extract (COE) could inhibit angiogenesis, which is the pivotal step in tumor growth, invasiveness, and metastasis...
- Wang W, Yao Y, Jiang L, Hu T, Ma J, Liao Z, et al. Knockdown of lymphoid enhancer factor 1 inhibits colon cancer progression in vitro and in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76596 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that targeting of LEF1 expression should be further evaluated for colon cancer prevention and therapy. ..
- Wei Z, Cui L, Mei Z, Liu M, Zhang D. miR-181a mediates metabolic shift in colon cancer cells via the PTEN/AKT pathway. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:1773-9 pubmed publisher..These results identify miR-181a as a molecular switch involved in the orchestration of the warburg effect in colon cancer cells via the PTEN/AKT pathway. ..
- Zhang Y, Sun J, Yu X, Shi L, Du W, Hu L, et al. SIRT1 regulates accumulation of oxidized LDL in HUVEC via the autophagy-lysosomal pathway. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2016;122:37-44 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SIRT1 can decrease the accumulation of ox-LDL in HUVECs, and this effect is related to the autophagy-lysosomal pathway. ..
- Wang K, Wang Y, Qi Q, Zhang F, Zhang Y, Zhu X, et al. Inhibitory effects of S-allylmercaptocysteine against benzo(a)pyrene-induced precancerous carcinogenesis in human lung cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016;34:37-43 pubmed publisher..SAMC appears to be a novel therapeutic candidate for the prevention and treatment of B(a)P-induced human lung cancer. ..
- Wang B, Wang Z, de Avila J, Zhu M, Zhang F, Gomez N, et al. Moderate alcohol intake induces thermogenic brown/beige adipocyte formation via elevating retinoic acid signaling. FASEB J. 2017;31:4612-4622 pubmed publisher..J., Zhang, F., Gomez, N. A., Zhao, L., Tian, Q., Zhao, J., Maricelli, J., Zhang, H., Rodgers, B. D., Du, M. Moderate alcohol intake induces thermogenic brown/beige adipocyte formation via elevating retinoic acid signaling. ..
- Wang Y, Wang S, Wier W, Zhang Q, Jiang H, Li Q, et al. Exercise improves the dilatation function of mesenteric arteries in postmyocardial infarction rats via a PI3K/Akt/eNOS pathway-mediated mechanism. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2010;299:H2097-106 pubmed publisher..Exercise may restore dilatation function of peripheral resistance arteries by protecting endothelial structural integrity and increasing PI3K-Akt-eNOS signaling cascades...
- Lin L, Xiao F, Lai Y, Su J, Luo H. [Effects of ferulic acid on bFGF-treated PC12 cells]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2011;34:572-5 pubmed..01) and the enhancing effect could be blocked by the specific MAPK kinase inhibitor, PD98059. Ferulic acid potentiates neurite outgrowth in bFGF-treated PC12 cells by MAPK-dependent signaling pathway. ..
- Liu Y, Zhou Z, Chen K, Zhou B, Yang L, Yan H, et al. The ER chaperone GRP78 is associated with the severity of cerulein-induced pancreatic inflammation via regulating apoptosis of pancreatic acinar cells. Hepatogastroenterology. 2012;59:1670-6 pubmed publisher..GRP78 expression was associated with apoptosis and the severity of cerulein-induced pancreatic inflammation, indicating that GRP78 might prevent apoptosis in pancreatic acinar cells thereby deteriorating the severity of AP. ..
- Wang P, Guo Q, Wang Z, Qian H. HBx induces HepG-2 cells autophagy through PI3K/Akt-mTOR pathway. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;372:161-8 pubmed publisher..The same results can also be found in HepG2.2.15 cells. These results suggest that HBx activates the autophagic lysosome pathway in HepG-2 cells through the PI3K-Akt-mTOR pathway...
- Lu Y, Zhao X, Li K, Luo G, Nie Y, Shi Y, et al. Thioredoxin-like protein 2 is overexpressed in colon cancer and promotes cancer cell metastasis by interaction with ran. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2013;19:899-911 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate an elevated Txl-2 expression in colon cancer and that Txl-2b promotes cell invasion and metastasis through interaction with Ran and PI3K signaling pathway. ..
- Zhang M, Zhang J, Lu L, Qiu Z, Zhang X, Yu S, et al. Enhancement of chondrocyte autophagy is an early response in the degenerative cartilage of the temporomandibular joint to biomechanical dental stimulation. Apoptosis. 2013;18:423-34 pubmed publisher..Cartilage in TMJ which was induced to be degenerative biomechanically exhibited autophagy accompanied by reduced mTOR and MAP4K3 activity. ..
- Cui W, Ma J, Wang X, Yang W, Zhang J, Ji Q. Free fatty acid induces endoplasmic reticulum stress and apoptosis of ?-cells by Ca2+/calpain-2 pathways. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59921 pubmed publisher..Together, these results reveal pivotal roles for Ca(2+)/calpain-2 pathways in modulating FFA-induced ?-TC3 cell ERS and apoptosis. ..
- Qu X, Zhai Z, Liu X, Li H, Ouyang Z, Wu C, et al. Dioscin inhibits osteoclast differentiation and bone resorption though down-regulating the Akt signaling cascades. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:658-65 pubmed publisher..Together our data demonstrate that dioscin suppressed RANKL-induced osteoclast formation and function through Akt signaling cascades. Therefore, dioscin is a potential natural agent for the treatment of osteoclast-related diseases. ..
- Liu Z, Huang Y, Hu W, Huang S, Wang Q, Han J, et al. dAcsl, the Drosophila ortholog of acyl-CoA synthetase long-chain family member 3 and 4, inhibits synapse growth by attenuating bone morphogenetic protein signaling via endocytic recycling. J Neurosci. 2014;34:2785-96 pubmed publisher..Together, our results reveal a novel mechanism whereby dAcsl facilitates Rab11-dependent receptor recycling and provide insights into the pathogenesis of ACSL4-related mental retardation. ..
- Yu J, Zhao H, Zhang Y, Liu Y, Yao L, Li X, et al. Ubiquitin ligase Cbl-b acts as a negative regulator in discoidin domain receptor 2 signaling via modulation of its stability. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:1509-14 pubmed publisher..Thus, Cbl-b, by promoting the ubiquitination and degradation of DDR2, functions as a negative regulator in the DDR2 signaling pathway. ..
- Cong J, Liu R, Wang X, Jiang H, Zhang Y. MiR-634 decreases cell proliferation and induces apoptosis by targeting mTOR signaling pathway in cervical cancer cells. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol. 2016;44:1694-701 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results further indicated that miR-634 is an effective target for cancer treatment, and the findings provided in this work might lead to the better understanding of the malignant behavior of cervical carcinoma. ..
- Yang Y, Song S, Min H, Chen X, Gao Q. STAT3 degradation mediated by calcineurin involved in the neurotoxicity of isoflurane. Neuroreport. 2016;27:124-30 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that isoflurane-induced neurotoxicity may stem from STAT3 degradation, partially through the activation of calcineurin. ..
- Yue C, Ji C, Zhang H, Zhang L, Tong J, Jiang Y, et al. Protective effects of folic acid on PM2.5-induced cardiac developmental toxicity in zebrafish embryos by targeting AhR and Wnt/?-catenin signal pathways. Environ Toxicol. 2017;32:2316-2322 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study suggested that FA supplementation protected against PM2.5 cardiac development toxicity by targeting AhR and Wnt/?-catenin signal pathways. ..
- Xue J, Hua Y, Xie M, Gu Z. Aspirin inhibits MMP-9 mRNA expression and release via the PPARalpha/gamma and COX-2/mPGES-1-mediated pathways in macrophages derived from THP-1 cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2010;64:118-23 pubmed publisher..It might be concluded that aspirin could inhibit the MMP-9 gene expression and release through the PPARalpha/gamma and COX-2/mPGES-1-mediated pathways and the two pathways might be partly overlapped and even be interrelated. ..
- Zhang L, Li L, Jiao M, Wu D, Wu K, Li X, et al. Genistein inhibits the stemness properties of prostate cancer cells through targeting Hedgehog-Gli1 pathway. Cancer Lett. 2012;323:48-57 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings demonstrated that genistein may be a dietary phytochemical with potential to target prostate CSCs. ..
- Wang T, Mao X, Li H, Qiao S, Xu A, Wang J, et al. N-Acetylcysteine and allopurinol up-regulated the Jak/STAT3 and PI3K/Akt pathways via adiponectin and attenuated myocardial postischemic injury in diabetes. Free Radic Biol Med. 2013;63:291-303 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, NAC and ALP prevented diabetic MI/R injury through PI3K/Akt and Jak2/STAT3 and cardiac APN may serve as a mediator via AdipoR2 in this process. ..
- Mu D, Chen W, Yu B, Zhang C, Zhang Y, Qi H. Calcium and survivin are involved in the induction of apoptosis by dihydroartemisinin in human lung cancer SPC-A-1 cells. Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 2007;29:33-8 pubmed..These results demonstrated that DHA can induce apoptosis of lung cancer cell line SPC-A-1 cells and that calcium and survivin participated in the apoptotic signalling pathways. ..
- Ou Yang H, Zhang H, Wu C, Zhang P, Zhang J, Li J, et al. Notch signaling regulates the FOXP3 promoter through RBP-J- and Hes1-dependent mechanisms. Mol Cell Biochem. 2009;320:109-14 pubmed publisher..Moreover, in freshly isolated Tregs, NIC-RBP-J complex is bound to the FOXP3 promoter in Tregs. Our results suggest that Notch signaling might be involved in the development and function of Tregs through regulating Foxp3 expression. ..
- Shi L, Mao C, Zeng F, Zhang Y, Xu Z. Central cholinergic signal-mediated neuroendocrine regulation of vasopressin and oxytocin in ovine fetuses. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:95 pubmed publisher..This provides evidence for a functional link between the development of central cholinergic mechanisms and hypothalamic neuropeptide systems in the fetus. ..
- Shin V, Jin H, Ng E, Cheng A, Chong W, Wong C, et al. NF-?B targets miR-16 and miR-21 in gastric cancer: involvement of prostaglandin E receptors. Carcinogenesis. 2011;32:240-5 pubmed publisher..Perhaps this study may shed light on the development of anticancer drugs to improve the chemosensitivity in smokers. ..
- Zhang M, Ma Q, Hu H, Zhang D, Li J, Ma G, et al. Stem cell factor/c-kit signaling enhances invasion of pancreatic cancer cells via HIF-1? under normoxic condition. Cancer Lett. 2011;303:108-17 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results suggest that the inhibition of both c-kit and HIF-1? may be an effective strategy for pancreatic cancer therapy. ..