Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transducing adaptor proteins in Belgium
Topic: signal transducing adaptor proteins
- Bonif M, Meuwis M, Close P, Benoit V, Heyninck K, Chapelle J, et al. TNFalpha- and IKKbeta-mediated TANK/I-TRAF phosphorylation: implications for interaction with NEMO/IKKgamma and NF-kappaB activation. Biochem J. 2006;394:593-603 pubmed
- Petit M, Crombez K, Vervenne H, Weyns N, Van de Ven W. The tumor suppressor Scrib selectively interacts with specific members of the zyxin family of proteins. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:5061-8 pubmed..The binding between two of zyxin's family members and Scrib links Scrib to a communication pathway between cell-cell contacts and the nucleus, and implicates these zyxin family members in Scrib-associated functions. ..
- Depuydt B, Van Loo G, Vandenabeele P, Declercq W. Induction of apoptosis by TNF receptor 2 in a T-cell hybridoma is FADD dependent and blocked by caspase-8 inhibitors. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:497-504 pubmed..These data confirm the capacity of TNFR2 to generate an apoptotic cell death signal independent of TNFR1. ..
- Van Hoof C, Martens E, Longin S, Jordens J, Stevens I, Janssens V, et al. Specific interactions of PP2A and PP2A-like phosphatases with the yeast PTPA homologues, Ypa1 and Ypa2. Biochem J. 2005;386:93-102 pubmed..Ypa1 as well as Ypa2 can reactivate all these inactive complexes, except Pph22-Yme. Ypa1 is the most potent activator of PP2A activity, suggesting that there is no direct correlation between activation potential and binding capacity. ..
- Beyens G, Van Hul E, Van Driessche K, Fransen E, Devogelaer J, Vanhoenacker F, et al. Evaluation of the role of the SQSTM1 gene in sporadic Belgian patients with Paget's disease. Calcif Tissue Int. 2004;75:144-52 pubmed..The presented identification of haplotype Tag SNPs will be of major help for such studies. ..
- Westbroek W, Lambert J, Bahadoran P, Busca R, Herteleer M, Smit N, et al. Interactions of human Myosin Va isoforms, endogenously expressed in human melanocytes, are tightly regulated by the tail domain. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;120:465-75 pubmed..These results indicate that the myosin Va medial tail domain provides the globular tail domain with organelle-interacting specificity. ..
- Mircescu H, Steuve S, Savonet V, Degraef C, Mellor H, Dumont J, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel activated RhoB binding protein containing a PDZ domain whose expression is specifically modulated in thyroid cells by cAMP. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:6241-9 pubmed
- Rondou P, Skieterska K, Packeu A, Lintermans B, Vanhoenacker P, Vauquelin G, et al. KLHL12-mediated ubiquitination of the dopamine D4 receptor does not target the receptor for degradation. Cell Signal. 2010;22:900-13 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, KLHL12 does also interact with beta-arrestin2 but this has no effect on the ubiquitination or localization of beta-arrestin2 nor on the internalization of the D4 receptor. ..
- Van Gele M, Dynoodt P, Lambert J. Griscelli syndrome: a model system to study vesicular trafficking. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2009;22:268-82 pubmed publisher..Finally, we discuss how the gathered knowledge about the RAB27A-MLPH-MYO5A tripartite complex can be translated into a possible therapeutic application to reduce (hyper)pigmentation of the skin...
- Janssens S, Beyaert R. A universal role for MyD88 in TLR/IL-1R-mediated signaling. Trends Biochem Sci. 2002;27:474-82 pubmed..The generation of MyD88-deficient mice, as well as the identification of MyD88-related proteins and regulators of MyD88 signaling, has revealed new and important insights into the function of MyD88. ..
- Boudrez A, Beullens M, Waelkens E, Stalmans W, Bollen M. Phosphorylation-dependent interaction between the splicing factors SAP155 and NIPP1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:31834-41 pubmed..We discuss how the interaction between NIPP1 and SAP155 could contribute to spliceosome (dis)assembly and the catalytic steps of splicing. ..
- Janssens S, Burns K, Tschopp J, Beyaert R. Regulation of interleukin-1- and lipopolysaccharide-induced NF-kappaB activation by alternative splicing of MyD88. Curr Biol. 2002;12:467-71 pubmed..Moreover, the regulated expression and antagonistic activity of MyD88(S) suggest an important role for alternative splicing of MyD88 in the regulation of the cellular response to IL-1 and LPS. ..
- Brouillard P, Boon L, Mulliken J, Enjolras O, Ghassibe M, Warman M, et al. Mutations in a novel factor, glomulin, are responsible for glomuvenous malformations ("glomangiomas"). Am J Hum Genet. 2002;70:866-74 pubmed..The abnormal phenotype of vascular smooth-muscle cells (VSMCs) in GVMs suggests that glomulin plays an important role in differentiation of these cells--and, thereby, in vascular morphogenesis--especially in cutaneous veins...
- Boudolf V, Rombauts S, Naudts M, Inze D, De Veylder L. Identification of novel cyclin-dependent kinases interacting with the CKS1 protein of Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2001;52:1381-2 pubmed..Differences in the expression patterns in roots, leaves and stems suggest unique roles for each CDK. ..
- Thienpont B, Zhang L, Postma A, Breckpot J, Tranchevent L, Van Loo P, et al. Haploinsufficiency of TAB2 causes congenital heart defects in humans. Am J Hum Genet. 2010;86:839-49 pubmed publisher..Mapping of the breakpoints demonstrated that this translocation disrupts TAB2. Taken together, these data clearly demonstrate a role for TAB2 in human cardiac development. ..
- Sleegers K, Bettens K, Brouwers N, Engelborghs S, Van Miegroet H, De Deyn P, et al. Common variation in GRB-associated Binding Protein 2 (GAB2) and increased risk for Alzheimer dementia. Hum Mutat. 2009;30:E338-44 pubmed publisher..6). The association was driven by a higher frequency of the major haplotype in patients. Our data independently replicate an association between GAB2 and late-onset AD, which appears to be limited to APOE epsilon4 carriers. ..
- Noels H, Van Loo G, Hagens S, Broeckx V, Beyaert R, Marynen P, et al. A Novel TRAF6 binding site in MALT1 defines distinct mechanisms of NF-kappaB activation by API2middle dotMALT1 fusions. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:10180-9 pubmed..Taken together, these data reveal distinct mechanisms of NF-kappaB activation by the different API2.MALT1 fusion variants with an essential role for TRAF6. ..
- Van Wesenbeeck L, Odgren P, Coxon F, Frattini A, Moens P, Perdu B, et al. Involvement of PLEKHM1 in osteoclastic vesicular transport and osteopetrosis in incisors absent rats and humans. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:919-30 pubmed..In conclusion, we believe PLEKHM1 to be a novel gene implicated in the development of osteopetrosis, with a putative critical function in vesicular transport in the osteoclast...
- Verstrepen L, Carpentier I, Verhelst K, Beyaert R. ABINs: A20 binding inhibitors of NF-kappa B and apoptosis signaling. Biochem Pharmacol. 2009;78:105-14 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings implicate an important role for ABINs in the regulation of immunity and tissue homeostasis. ..
- Fikri Y, Nyabenda J, Content J, Huygen K. Cloning, sequencing, and cell surface expression pattern of bovine immunoreceptor NKG2D and adaptor molecules DAP10 and DAP12. Immunogenetics. 2007;59:653-9 pubmed..Confirming previous findings for short mouse NKG2D-S, bovine NKG2D immunoreceptor could associate with either DAP10 or DAP12 adaptor protein for its cell surface expression. ..
- Ulrichts P, Tavernier J. MAPPIT analysis of early Toll-like receptor signalling events. Immunol Lett. 2008;116:141-8 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate pathway walking from TLR4 to IRAK-1 and identified Mal as a bridging adaptor, linking MyD88 to the activated TLR4. ..
- Steuve S, Devosse T, Lauwers E, Vanderwinden J, Andre B, Courtoy P, et al. Rhophilin-2 is targeted to late-endosomal structures of the vesicular machinery in the presence of activated RhoB. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:3981-9 pubmed..As for its yeast homologue, Npi3/Bro1p, the Bro1 domain of rhophilin-2 is necessary to its recruitment to the vesicular structures, which are not labeled for EEA1 nor Lamp1, but well with the late endosome marker CD63. ..
- Zimmermann P. The prevalence and significance of PDZ domain-phosphoinositide interactions. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1761:947-56 pubmed..In addition, other lower-affinity PDZ domain/PIPs interactions are documented. Here, we summarize and discuss the present knowledge about the occurrence, the biochemistry and the biology of PDZ domain-lipid interactions. ..
- De Trez C, Pajak B, Brait M, Glaichenhaus N, Urbain J, Moser M, et al. TLR4 and Toll-IL-1 receptor domain-containing adapter-inducing IFN-beta, but not MyD88, regulate Escherichia coli-induced dendritic cell maturation and apoptosis in vivo. J Immunol. 2005;175:839-46 pubmed..coli. Together, these results suggest that E. coli bacteremia directly impacts on DC maturation and survival in vivo through a TLR4-TRIF-dependent signaling pathway. ..
- Behrends J, Clement S, Pajak B, Pohl V, Maenhaut C, Dumont J, et al. Normal thyroid structure and function in rhophilin 2-deficient mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:2846-52 pubmed..Our results indicate that rhophilin 2 does not play an essential role in thyroid physiology. ..
- Arsenijevic T, Degraef C, Dumont J, Roger P, Pirson I. A novel partner for D-type cyclins: protein kinase A-anchoring protein AKAP95. Biochem J. 2004;378:673-9 pubmed
- Van Laethem F, Liang X, Andris F, Urbain J, Vandenbranden M, Ruysschaert J, et al. Glucocorticoids alter the lipid and protein composition of membrane rafts of a murine T cell hybridoma. J Immunol. 2003;170:2932-9 pubmed
- Nelissen H, Clarke J, De Block M, De Block S, Vanderhaeghen R, Zielinski R, et al. DRL1, a homolog of the yeast TOT4/KTI12 protein, has a function in meristem activity and organ growth in plants. Plant Cell. 2003;15:639-54 pubmed..Upregulation of the ANGUSTIFOLIA transcript in the strong drl1-2 allele supports this model. ..
- Petit M, Meulemans S, Van de Ven W. The focal adhesion and nuclear targeting capacity of the LIM-containing lipoma-preferred partner (LPP) protein. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:2157-68 pubmed..Our studies have defined novel functional domains in the LPP protein. ..
- Van Huffel S, Delaei F, Heyninck K, De Valck D, Beyaert R. Identification of a novel A20-binding inhibitor of nuclear factor-kappa B activation termed ABIN-2. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:30216-23 pubmed..These results indicate that ABIN-2 interferes with NF-kappaB activation upstream of the IKK complex and that it might contribute to the NF-kappaB-inhibitory function of A20. ..
- De Veylder L, Beemster G, Beeckman T, Inze D. CKS1At overexpression in Arabidopsis thaliana inhibits growth by reducing meristem size and inhibiting cell-cycle progression. Plant J. 2001;25:617-26 pubmed..This inhibition was due to the binding of CDK subunits with CDKs. The reduced growth rates in response to altered cell-cycle gene expression demonstrates a direct dependence of plant growth rates on cell-cycle regulation. ..
- Peeters T, Louwet W, Geladé R, Nauwelaers D, Thevelein J, Versele M. Kelch-repeat proteins interacting with the Galpha protein Gpa2 bypass adenylate cyclase for direct regulation of protein kinase A in yeast. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:13034-9 pubmed..Importantly, we show that Krh1/2 also enhance the association between mouse R and C subunits, suggesting that Krh control of PKA has been evolutionarily conserved. ..
- Decottignies A, Evain A, Ghislain M. Binding of Cdc48p to a ubiquitin-related UBX domain from novel yeast proteins involved in intracellular proteolysis and sporulation. Yeast. 2004;21:127-39 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that the Cuil-3 proteins form complexes that are components of the ubiquitin-proteasome system. ..
- Janssens S, Burns K, Vercammen E, Tschopp J, Beyaert R. MyD88S, a splice variant of MyD88, differentially modulates NF-kappaB- and AP-1-dependent gene expression. FEBS Lett. 2003;548:103-7 pubmed
- Van Gele M, Geusens B, Schmitt A, Aguilar L, Lambert J. Knockdown of myosin Va isoforms by RNAi as a tool to block melanosome transport in primary human melanocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:2474-84 pubmed publisher..We conclude that our siRNA-based strategy provides a previously unreported tool to block the intracellular melanosome movement in primary human melanocytes and may become an innovative drug to treat hyperpigmentation. ..
- De Veylder L, Segers G, Glab N, Casteels P, Van Montagu M, Inze D. The Arabidopsis Cks1At protein binds the cyclin-dependent kinases Cdc2aAt and Cdc2bAt. FEBS Lett. 1997;412:446-52 pubmed..Cks1At binds both Cdc2aAt and Cdc2bAt in vivo and in vitro. Furthermore, we demonstrate that the fission yeast Suc1 binds Cdc2aAt but only weakly Cdc2bAt, whereas the human CksHs1 associated exclusively with Cdc2aAt. ..