Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on serine endopeptidases in Switzerland
Topic: serine endopeptidases
- Leyvraz C, Charles R, Rubera I, Guitard M, Rotman S, Breiden B, et al. The epidermal barrier function is dependent on the serine protease CAP1/Prss8. J Cell Biol. 2005;170:487-96 pubmed..This study shows that CAP1/Prss8 expression in the epidermis is crucial for the epidermal permeability barrier and is, thereby, indispensable for postnatal survival. ..
- Guipponi M, Vuagniaux G, Wattenhofer M, Shibuya K, Vazquez M, Dougherty L, et al. The transmembrane serine protease (TMPRSS3) mutated in deafness DFNB8/10 activates the epithelial sodium channel (ENaC) in vitro. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:2829-36 pubmed
- Sun G, Stacey M, Schmidt M, Mori L, Mattoli S. Interaction of mite allergens Der p3 and Der p9 with protease-activated receptor-2 expressed by lung epithelial cells. J Immunol. 2001;167:1014-21 pubmed
- Herrmann G, Mishev G, Scotti A. Olfactory bulb interneurons releasing NO exhibit the Reelin receptor ApoEr2 and part of those targeted by NO express Reelin. J Chem Neuroanat. 2008;36:160-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, the influence that the deficit of extracellular Reelin seems to exert on nNOS and its receptor is not limited to the olfactory bulb but is a general feature of the reeler brain. ..
- Fuchs T, Wiget P, Oster s M, Jenal U. Precise amounts of a novel member of a phosphotransferase superfamily are essential for growth and normal morphology in Caulobacter crescentus. Mol Microbiol. 2001;39:679-92 pubmed
- Pedruzzi I, Bürckert N, Egger P, De Virgilio C. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Ras/cAMP pathway controls post-diauxic shift element-dependent transcription through the zinc finger protein Gis1. EMBO J. 2000;19:2569-79 pubmed..Moreover, PDS element-driven expression, which is negatively regulated by the Ras/cAMP pathway and which is induced upon nutrient limitation, is almost entirely dependent on the presence of Gis1. ..
- Kunzmann S, Wohlfahrt J, Itoh S, Asao H, Komada M, Akdis C, et al. SARA and Hgs attenuate susceptibility to TGF-beta1-mediated T cell suppression. FASEB J. 2003;17:194-202 pubmed..Thus, SARA and Hgs are regulators of TGF-beta1 susceptibility in T cells and integrate regulatory signals into the influence of TGF-beta1-mediated suppression of human T cells. ..
- Oster s M, Stotz A, Schmid Nuoffer S, Jenal U. Identification and transcriptional control of the genes encoding the Caulobacter crescentus ClpXP protease. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:3039-50 pubmed..crescentus. Determination of the numbers of ClpP and ClpX molecules per cell suggested that ClpX is the limiting component compared with ClpP...
- Kloeckener Gruissem B, Barthelmes D, Labs S, Schindler C, Kurz Levin M, Michels S, et al. Genetic association with response to intravitreal ranibizumab in patients with neovascular AMD. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:4694-702 pubmed publisher..Genetic predisposition may account for the variability in response to anti-VEGF treatment. ..
- Bütikofer L, Zurlinden A, Bolliger M, Kunz B, Sonderegger P. Destabilization of the neuromuscular junction by proteolytic cleavage of agrin results in precocious sarcopenia. FASEB J. 2011;25:4378-93 pubmed publisher..Our results define neurotrypsin- and age-dependent sarcopenia as the common final outcome of 2 etiologically distinct entities. ..
- Gschwend T, Krueger S, Kozlov S, Wolfer D, Sonderegger P. Neurotrypsin, a novel multidomain serine protease expressed in the nervous system. Mol Cell Neurosci. 1997;9:207-19 pubmed
- Mueller C, Held W, Imboden M, Carnaud C. Accelerated beta-cell destruction in adoptively transferred autoimmune diabetes correlates with an increased expression of the genes coding for TNF-alpha and granzyme A in the intra-islet infiltrates. Diabetes. 1995;44:112-7 pubmed..The effects of the observed enhanced TNF expression upon the pathogenesis of trIDDM are as yet unknown.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Baetz K, Isaaz S, Griffiths G. Loss of cytotoxic T lymphocyte function in Chediak-Higashi syndrome arises from a secretory defect that prevents lytic granule exocytosis. J Immunol. 1995;154:6122-31 pubmed..We suggest that the defect in CHS lies in a protein that is involved in membrane fusion and is essential for the secretion of lysosomal compartments in certain hemopoietic cells. ..
- Jenne D, Tschopp J. Granzymes, a family of serine proteases released from granules of cytolytic T lymphocytes upon T cell receptor stimulation. Immunol Rev. 1988;103:53-71 pubmed..The strictly regulated secretion of granzymes and the lack of measurable enzymatic activity in the case of granzymes B, C, E and F towards a variety of synthetic substrates suggest a highly specific function for each of them. ..
- Krahenbuhl O, Rey C, Jenne D, Lanzavecchia A, Groscurth P, Carrel S, et al. Characterization of granzymes A and B isolated from granules of cloned human cytotoxic T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 1988;141:3471-7 pubmed..Furthermore, a granule-associated hemolytic activity was detected after salt extraction and partial purification of granule proteins. This suggests that hemolytically active human perforin can be obtained from inactive granules. ..
- Jenne D, Rey C, Masson D, Stanley K, Herz J, Plaetinck G, et al. cDNA cloning of granzyme C, a granule-associated serine protease of cytolytic T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 1988;140:318-23 pubmed..The amino acids lining the specificity pocket are well conserved between granzyme B, C, and rat mast cell protease II, but not granzyme A, suggesting a similar general specificity of these three proteases. ..
- Reif R, Sales S, Hettwer S, Dreier B, Gisler C, Wölfel J, et al. Specific cleavage of agrin by neurotrypsin, a synaptic protease linked to mental retardation. FASEB J. 2007;21:3468-78 pubmed..Therefore, dysregulation of agrin processing is a good candidate for a pathogenetic mechanism underlying mental retardation. In turn, these results may also shed light on mechanisms involved in cognitive functions. ..
- Held W, MacDonald H, Weissman I, Hess M, Mueller C. Genes encoding tumor necrosis factor alpha and granzyme A are expressed during development of autoimmune diabetes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:2239-43 pubmed..Thus, these findings may be important for understanding the pathogenesis of autoimmune diabetes mellitus and potentially also for that of other T-cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. ..
- da Palma J, Cendron L, Seidah N, Pasquato A, Kunz S. Mechanism of Folding and Activation of Subtilisin Kexin Isozyme-1 (SKI-1)/Site-1 Protease (S1P). J Biol Chem. 2016;291:2055-66 pubmed publisher..The BC region appears as a later evolutionary acquisition, possibly allowing more subtle fine-tuning of the maturation process. ..
- Garruti G, Giusti V, Nussberger J, Darimont C, Verdumo C, Amstutz C, et al. Expression and secretion of the atrial natriuretic peptide in human adipose tissue and preadipocytes. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2007;15:2181-9 pubmed..Our findings suggest the existence of an autocrine/paracrine system for ANP in the human adipose tissue whose implications in lipolysis and cardiovascular function need to be further explored. ..
- Stallmach R, Gloor S. Neurobin/TMPRSS11c, a novel type II transmembrane serine protease that cleaves fibroblast growth factor-2 in vitro. Biochem J. 2008;412:81-91 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that neurobin is an authentic TTSP with trypsin-like activity and is able to process FGF-2 in vitro. ..
- Madani R, Kozlov S, Akhmedov A, Cinelli P, Kinter J, Lipp H, et al. Impaired explorative behavior and neophobia in genetically modified mice lacking or overexpressing the extracellular serine protease inhibitor neuroserpin. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2003;23:473-94 pubmed..Our results implicate neuroserpin in the regulation of emotional behavior through a mechanism that is at least in part independent of tPA activity. They are the first evidence for a role of protease inhibitors in mood regulation. ..
- Frischknecht R, Fejtova A, Viesti M, Stephan A, Sonderegger P. Activity-induced synaptic capture and exocytosis of the neuronal serine protease neurotrypsin. J Neurosci. 2008;28:1568-79 pubmed publisher..Thereby, neurotrypsin may play a role in activity-dependent remodeling of the synaptic circuitry that is key to adaptive synaptic changes in the context of cognitive functions, such as learning and memory. ..
- Blanchet M, Le Good J, Mesnard D, Oorschot V, Baflast S, Minchiotti G, et al. Cripto recruits Furin and PACE4 and controls Nodal trafficking during proteolytic maturation. EMBO J. 2008;27:2580-91 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Nodal processing and endocytosis are coupled in signal-receiving cells. ..
- Voegeli R, Rawlings A, Breternitz M, Doppler S, Schreier T, Fluhr J. Increased stratum corneum serine protease activity in acute eczematous atopic skin. Br J Dermatol. 2009;161:70-7 pubmed publisher..Increased SC cohesion was apparent despite elevated TEWL during tape stripping, which would indicate reduced SC thickness in acute eczematous lesions of AD. Indeed, this was observed using an estimate of SC thickness. ..
- Winkler J, Rand M, Schmugge M, Speer O. Omi/HtrA2 and XIAP are components of platelet apoptosis signalling. Thromb Haemost. 2013;109:532-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that platelets have a functional intrinsic apoptotic-signalling pathway including the pro-apoptotic protease Omi/HtrA2 and its target protein XIAP...
- Stäuble A, Steiner A, Normand L, Kuhnert P, Frey J. Molecular genetic analysis of Dichelobacter nodosus proteases AprV2/B2, AprV5/B5 and BprV/B in clinical material from European sheep flocks. Vet Microbiol. 2014;168:177-84 pubmed publisher..The data of the study confirm the prominent role of AprV2 in the virulence of D. nodosus and shed a new light on the presence of the other protease genes and their allelic variants in clinical samples. ..
- Masson D, Peters P, Geuze H, Borst J, Tschopp J. Interaction of chondroitin sulfate with perforin and granzymes of cytolytic T-cells is dependent on pH. Biochemistry. 1990;29:11229-35 pubmed..A possible pH shift occurring during exocytosis would cause perforin, but only a minor fraction of granzyme A, to dissociate from the proteoglycans. ..
- Guzman Ayala M, Ben Haim N, Beck S, Constam D. Nodal protein processing and fibroblast growth factor 4 synergize to maintain a trophoblast stem cell microenvironment. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:15656-60 pubmed..Because the ExE itself produces the proteases Furin and PACE4 to activate Nodal, it represents the first example, to our knowledge, of a stem cell compartment that actively maintains its own microenvironment. ..
- Beck S, Le Good J, Guzman M, Ben Haim N, Roy K, Beermann F, et al. Extraembryonic proteases regulate Nodal signalling during gastrulation. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:981-5 pubmed..A lack of Spc1 and Spc4 affects both pathways because these proteases also stimulate induction of Bmp4. ..
- Lévy F, Burri L, Morel S, Peitrequin A, Lévy N, Bachi A, et al. The final N-terminal trimming of a subaminoterminal proline-containing HLA class I-restricted antigenic peptide in the cytosol is mediated by two peptidases. J Immunol. 2002;169:4161-71 pubmed..Although we observed some proteolytic activity in fractions enriched in endoplasmic reticulum, it could not compensate for the loss of tripeptidyl peptidase II/puromycin-sensitive aminopeptidase activities. ..
- Jenne D, Rey C, Haefliger J, Qiao B, Groscurth P, Tschopp J. Identification and sequencing of cDNA clones encoding the granule-associated serine proteases granzymes D, E, and F of cytolytic T lymphocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:4814-8 pubmed..Immunoelectron microscopic studies demonstrated that granzymes D, E, and F are present in the same morphologically distinct cytoplasmic granules in which perforin has been found previously. ..
- Jenal U, Fuchs T. An essential protease involved in bacterial cell-cycle control. EMBO J. 1998;17:5658-69 pubmed..In particular, CtrA negatively controls DNA replication and our findings suggest that specific degradation of the CtrA protein by the ClpXP protease contributes to G1-to-S transition in this organism. ..
- Sonderegger P, Patthy L. Comment on "Tequila, a neurotrypsin ortholog, regulates long-term memory formation in Drosophila". Science. 2007;316:1698; author reply 1698 pubmed..Our analyses suggest that Teq and neurotrypsin are not orthologous, leading us to question their equivalent roles in higher brain function. ..
- Paoloni Giacobino A, Chen H, Peitsch M, Rossier C, Antonarakis S. Cloning of the TMPRSS2 gene, which encodes a novel serine protease with transmembrane, LDLRA, and SRCR domains and maps to 21q22.3. Genomics. 1997;44:309-20 pubmed..The gene was mapped to 21q22.3 between markers ERG and D21S56 in the same P1 as MX1. The physiological role of TMPRSS2 and its involvement in trisomy 21 phenotypes or monogenic disorders that map to HC21 are unknown. ..
- Campbell K, Buder A, Deuschle U. Interaction of p56lck with CD4 in the yeast two-hybrid system. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1995;766:89-92 pubmed
- Narberhaus F, Weiglhofer W, Fischer H, Hennecke H. Identification of the Bradyrhizobium japonicum degP gene as part of an operon containing small heat-shock protein genes. Arch Microbiol. 1998;169:89-97 pubmed..Moreover, they were not affected in root-nodule symbiosis, indicating that the small heat-shock proteins HspB and HspC and the DegP homolog of B. japonicum are not required under a wide range of growth conditions. ..
- Stieger S, Gentinetta R, Brodbeck U. Cholinesterases from flounder muscle. Purification and characterization of glycosyl-phosphatidylinositol-anchored and collagen-tailed forms differing in substrate specificity. Eur J Biochem. 1989;181:633-42 pubmed..For purified detergent-soluble cholinesterase a specific activity of 8000 IU/mg protein, a turnover number of 2.8 x 10(7) h-1, and 1 active site/subunit were determined...
- Bartholdi D, Asadollahi R, Oneda B, Schmitt Mechelke T, Tonella P, Baumer A, et al. Further delineation of genotype-phenotype correlation in homozygous 2p21 deletion syndromes: first description of patients without cystinuria. Am J Med Genet A. 2013;161A:1853-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we report the first patients with a homozygous 2p21 deletion syndrome without cystinuria and further delineate the complex genotype-phenotype correlations of homozygous microdeletion syndromes of this region...
- Jenne D, Masson D, Zimmer M, Haefliger J, Li W, Tschopp J. Isolation and complete structure of the lymphocyte serine protease granzyme G, a novel member of the granzyme multigene family in murine cytolytic T lymphocytes. Evolutionary origin of lymphocyte proteases. Biochemistry. 1989;28:7953-61 pubmed
- Suzuki C, Suda K, Wang N, Schatz G. Requirement for the yeast gene LON in intramitochondrial proteolysis and maintenance of respiration. Science. 1994;264:273-6 pubmed..Lon- cells were also impaired in their ability to catalyze the energy-dependent degradation of several mitochondrial matrix proteins and they accumulated electron-dense inclusions in their mitochondrial matrix. ..
- Hengst U, Albrecht H, Hess D, Monard D. The phosphatidylethanolamine-binding protein is the prototype of a novel family of serine protease inhibitors. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:535-40 pubmed..PEBP immunoreactivity is found on the surface of Rat-1 fibroblast cells and although its sequence contains no secretion signal, PEBP-H(6) can be purified from the conditioned medium upon recombinant expression. ..
- Poirot O, Vukicevic M, Boesch A, Kellenberger S. Selective regulation of acid-sensing ion channel 1 by serine proteases. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:38448-57 pubmed..Thus, we have identified a mechanism that modulates ASIC function and may allow ASIC1a to adapt its gating to situations of persistent extracellular acidification. ..
- Tschopp C, Spiegl N, Didichenko S, Lutmann W, Julius P, Virchow J, et al. Granzyme B, a novel mediator of allergic inflammation: its induction and release in blood basophils and human asthma. Blood. 2006;108:2290-9 pubmed..Our study demonstrates an unexpected plasticity of the granule composition of mature basophils and suggests a role of granzyme B as a novel mediator of allergic diseases. ..
- Aichem A, Masilamani M, Illges H. Redox regulation of CD21 shedding involves signaling via PKC and indicates the formation of a juxtamembrane stalk. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2892-902 pubmed
- Simonin Y, Charron Y, Sonderegger P, Vassalli J, Kato A. An inhibitor of serine proteases, neuroserpin, acts as a neuroprotective agent in a mouse model of neurodegenerative disease. J Neurosci. 2006;26:10614-9 pubmed..Inhibiting serine proteases could offer a new strategy for delaying these disorders. ..