Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on sequence alignment in Brazil
Topic: sequence alignment
- Gonçalves S, Cano J, Stchigel A, Melo A, Godoy Martinez P, Correa B, et al. Molecular phylogeny and phenotypic variability of clinical and environmental strains of Aspergillus flavus. Fungal Biol. 2012;116:1146-55 pubmed publisher..No important morphological and physiological differences were found between the members of the different clades, with the exception of the assimilation of d-glucosamine, which differentiates the members of the clade II from the others. ..
- Pelegrini P, Murad A, Silva L, Dos Santos R, Costa F, Tagliari P, et al. Identification of a novel storage glycine-rich peptide from guava (Psidium guajava) seeds with activity against Gram-negative bacteria. Peptides. 2008;29:1271-9 pubmed publisher..Pg-AMP1 shows potential, in a near future, to contribute to development of novel antibiotics from natural sources...
- Silva M, Martins C, Bezerra I, Nagata T, de Avila A, Resende R. Sequence diversity of NS(M) movement protein of tospoviruses. Arch Virol. 2001;146:1267-81 pubmed..The sequence information obtained in this work would facilitate functional analysis of NS(M) during the tospovirus infection process. ..
- Almeida D, Scortecci K, Kobashi L, Agnez Lima L, Medeiros S, Silva Junior A, et al. Profiling the resting venom gland of the scorpion Tityus stigmurus through a transcriptomic survey. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:362 pubmed..This approach enables characterization of a large number of venom gland component molecules, which belong either to known or non yet described types of venom peptides and proteins from the Buthidae family. ..
- Rodrigues D, Rivera M, Lourenço L. Molecular organization and chromosomal localization of 5S rDNA in Amazonian Engystomops (Anura, Leiuperidae). BMC Genet. 2012;13:17 pubmed publisher..petersi and E. freibergi are homeologous despite the great differences observed between the karyotypes of the Yasuní specimens and the others. ..
- Borges B, Paiva T, Harada M. Evolution of the SEC1 gene in New World monkey lineages (Primates, Platyrrhini). Genet Mol Res. 2008;7:663-78 pubmed..Likelihood-based inference of ancestral states for the activity of SEC1 leads us to suppose that inactivation of SEC1 in the Callitrichinae was a result of a more complex series of events than in Pithecia. ..
- Watanabe L, Nirthanan S, Rajaseger G, Polikarpov I, Kini R, Arni R. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of bucain, a novel toxin from the Malayan krait Bungarus candidus. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2002;58:1879-81 pubmed..Attempts to solve these structures by molecular-replacement methods have not been successful and a heavy-atom derivative search has been initiated...
- Carneiro D, Vieira L, Cordeiro M, Richardson M, Castro Junior C, Gomez M, et al. Effects of new Phoneutria spider toxins on glutamate release and [Ca2+]i in rat cortical synaptosomes. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2010;56 Suppl:OL1223-30 pubmed..Our results showed that differences between the amino acid sequences of Phoneutria toxins of both the species lead to the significant changes in the pharmacological properties of these toxins...
- Diz M, Carvalho A, Rodrigues R, Neves Ferreira A, DA Cunha M, Alves E, et al. Antimicrobial peptides from chili pepper seeds causes yeast plasma membrane permeabilization and inhibits the acidification of the medium by yeast cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1760:1323-32 pubmed..cerevisiae cells in a dose-dependent manner and caused the permeabilization of yeast plasma membrane to the dye SYTOX Green, as verified by confocal laser microscopy. ..
- Dumans A, Soares M, Machado E, Hue S, Brindeiro R, Pillay D, et al. Synonymous genetic polymorphisms within Brazilian human immunodeficiency virus Type 1 subtypes may influence mutational routes to drug resistance. J Infect Dis. 2004;189:1232-8 pubmed..The findings of the present study illustrate an important mechanism by which a subtype may determine genetic routes to resistance, with implications for treatment strategies for populations infected with HIV-1 subtype F. ..
- da Silva Neto J, Koide T, Gomes S, Marques M. The single extracytoplasmic-function sigma factor of Xylella fastidiosa is involved in the heat shock response and presents an unusual regulatory mechanism. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:551-60 pubmed..Therefore, unlike many other ECF sigma factors, rpoE is not autoregulated but instead positively regulates the gene encoding its putative anti-sigma factor. ..
- de Oliveira J, Castilho B, Sforça M, Krieger M, Zeri A, Guimarães B, et al. Characterization of the Trypanosoma cruzi ortholog of the SBDS protein reveals an intrinsically disordered extended C-terminal region showing RNA-interacting activity. Biochimie. 2009;91:475-83 pubmed publisher..This finding suggests that Trypanosomatidae and possibly also other organisms containing SBDS with extended C-terminal regions have evolved an additional function for SBDS in ribosome biogenesis. ..
- Gonçalves K, Borges J, Silva J, Papa P, Bressan G, Torriani I, et al. Solution structure of the human signaling protein RACK1. BMC Struct Biol. 2010;10:15 pubmed publisher..Our SAXS and analytical ultracentrifugation experiments indicated that RACK1 is predominantly a monomer in solution. RACK1 and Ki-1/57(122-413) interact strongly under the tested conditions. ..
- Nicola A, Andrade R, Dantas A, Andrade P, Arraes F, Fernandes L, et al. The stress responsive and morphologically regulated hsp90 gene from Paracoccidioides brasiliensis is essential to cell viability. BMC Microbiol. 2008;8:158 pubmed publisher..This work also enforces the potential of HSP90 as a target for antifungal therapies, since the use of HSP90 inhibitors is lethal to the P. brasiliensis yeast cells in a dose-responsive manner. ..
- Marinho M, Junqueira A, Paulo D, Esposito M, Villet M, Azeredo Espin A. Molecular phylogenetics of Oestroidea (Diptera: Calyptratae) with emphasis on Calliphoridae: insights into the inter-familial relationships and additional evidence for paraphyly among blowflies. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2012;65:840-54 pubmed publisher
- Da Silva E, Da Rosa A, Nunes M, Diniz J, Tesh R, Cruz A, et al. Araguari virus, a new member of the family Orthomyxoviridae: serologic, ultrastructural, and molecular characterization. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2005;73:1050-8 pubmed..Based on these results, we propose that Araguari virus should be assigned as a new member of the family Orthomyxoviridae and genus Thogotovirus. ..
- Vasconcelos P, Luna E, Galler R, Silva L, Coimbra T, Barros V, et al. Serious adverse events associated with yellow fever 17DD vaccine in Brazil: a report of two cases. Lancet. 2001;358:91-7 pubmed..Host factors, probably idiosyncratic reactions, might have had a substantial contributed to the unexpected outcome. ..
- Martinez L, Andreani R, Martínez J. Convergent algorithms for protein structural alignment. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:306 pubmed..The LOVO strategy may be also used for more general structural superposition problems such as flexible or non-sequential alignments. The package is available on-line at http://www.ime.unicamp.br/~martinez/lovoalign. ..
- Almeida R, Domingues H, Spilki F, Larsen L, Hagglund S, Belak S, et al. Circulation of bovine respiratory syncytial virus in Brazil. Vet Rec. 2006;158:632-4 pubmed
- Patil A, Orjuela Sánchez P, da Silva Nunes M, Ferreira M. Evolutionary dynamics of the immunodominant repeats of the Plasmodium vivax malaria-vaccine candidate circumsporozoite protein (CSP). Infect Genet Evol. 2010;10:298-303 pubmed publisher..New repeat variants may be readily created by nonhomologous recombination even when meiotic recombination is rare, with potential implications for CSP-based vaccine development. ..
- Furtado A, Do Carmo E, Giese E, Vallinoto A, Lanfredi R, Santos J. Detection of dog filariasis in Marajo Island, Brazil by classical and molecular methods. Parasitol Res. 2009;105:1509-15 pubmed publisher..943; p < 0.0001). A high occult infection was detected (53.84%). PCR of rDNA and phylogenetic tree indicated that the microfilariae and adult worms found in domestic dogs from Marajo Island were Dirofilaria immitis...
- Winter C, Penha C, Blumenthal T. Comparison of a vitellogenin gene between two distantly related rhabditid nematode species. Mol Biol Evol. 1996;13:674-84 pubmed..Sequence comparison shows that nematode vitellogenins are much more closely related to vertebrate than to insect vitellogenins. ..
- Justo Jacomini D, Campos Pereira F, Aparecido Dos Santos Pinto J, Dos Santos L, da Silva Neto A, Giratto D, et al. Hyaluronidase from the venom of the social wasp Polybia paulista (Hymenoptera, Vespidae): Cloning, structural modeling, purification, and immunological analysis. Toxicon. 2013;64:70-80 pubmed publisher
- Pegos V, Santos R, Medrano F, Balan A. Structural features of PhoX, one of the phosphate-binding proteins from Pho regulon of Xanthomonas citri. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178162 pubmed publisher..Comparison between PhoX and PstS revealed that they originated from gene duplication, but despite their similarities they show significant differences in the region that interacts with the permeases. ..
- de Oliveira D, Toyama M, Martins A, Havt A, Nobre A, Marangoni S, et al. Structural and biological characterization of a crotapotin isoform isolated from Crotalus durissus cascavella venom. Toxicon. 2003;42:53-62 pubmed..The biological and bactericidal actions of Crtp also suggest that this protein may have functions other than simply acting as a chaperone for PLA2. ..
- Murakami M, Zela S, Gava L, Michelan Duarte S, Cintra A, Arni R. Crystal structure of the platelet activator convulxin, a disulfide-linked alpha4beta4 cyclic tetramer from the venom of Crotalus durissus terrificus. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;310:478-82 pubmed
- Masotti C, Armelin Correa L, Splendore A, Lin C, Barbosa A, Sogayar M, et al. A functional SNP in the promoter region of TCOF1 is associated with reduced gene expression and YY1 DNA-protein interaction. Gene. 2005;359:44-52 pubmed..This promoter variant represents a candidate allele to explain the clinical variability in patients bearing TCS. ..
- Garratt R, Jhoti H. A molecular model for the tumour-associated antigen, p97, suggests a Zn-binding function. FEBS Lett. 1992;305:55-61 pubmed..Thus, p97 may have a Zn-binding potential, unique amongst the transferrin superfamily. ..
- Nogaroto V, Tagliavini S, Gianotti A, Mikawa A, Barros N, Puzer L, et al. Recombinant expression and characterization of a Xylella fastidiosa cysteine protease differentially expressed in a nonpathogenic strain. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2006;261:187-93 pubmed..fastidiosa J1a12, suggesting the absence or low expression of this protein in the strain. These findings enabled us to identify Xylellain as a putative target for combating CVC and other diseases caused by X. fastidiosa strains. ..
- Vittorazzi S, Lourenço L, Del Grande M, Recco Pimentel S. Satellite DNA derived from 5S rDNA in Physalaemus cuvieri (Anura, Leiuperidae). Cytogenet Genome Res. 2011;134:101-7 pubmed publisher..Our data suggests that this satellite DNA originates from the 5S ribosomal multigene family, probably by gene duplication, nucleotide divergence and sequence dispersion in the genome...
- Bressan G, Moraes E, Manfiolli A, Kuniyoshi T, Passos D, Gomes M, et al. Arginine methylation analysis of the splicing-associated SR protein SFRS9/SRP30C. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2009;14:657-69 pubmed publisher..In subsequent confocal analyses, we found that EGFP-SFRS9 localizes to nucleoli in Adox-treated cells. Our findings indicate the importance of arginine methylation for the subnuclear localization of SFRS9. ..
- Machado F, Duarte L, Medina Acosta E. Improved criterion-referenced assessment in indirect tracking of haemophilia A using a 0.23 cM-resolution dense polymorphic marker set. Haemophilia. 2009;15:1135-42 pubmed publisher..89 for a minimum of two informative markers, with at least one F8 intragenic. The heptaplex assay enabled improving the criterion-referenced assessment in indirect carrier-detection. ..
- Guzzo C, Salinas R, Andrade M, Farah C. PILZ protein structure and interactions with PILB and the FIMX EAL domain: implications for control of type IV pilus biogenesis. J Mol Biol. 2009;393:848-66 pubmed publisher..The FimX-PilZ-PilB interactions involve a full set of "degenerate" GGDEF, EAL and PilZ domains and provide the first evidence of the means by which PilZ orthologs and FimX interact directly with the TP4 machinery. ..
- Giardini M, Lira C, Conte F, Camillo L, de Siqueira Neto J, Ramos C, et al. The putative telomerase reverse transcriptase component of Leishmania amazonensis: gene cloning and characterization. Parasitol Res. 2006;98:447-54 pubmed..A single messenger ribonucleic acid transcript was found in promastigotes. Phylogenetic analysis suggested that Leishmania telomerase might represent a liaison between the oldest and the newest branches of telomerases...
- Dávila A, Lorenzini D, Mendes P, Satake T, Sousa G, Campos L, et al. GARSA: genomic analysis resources for sequence annotation. Bioinformatics. 2005;21:4302-3 pubmed..The GARSA system is freely available under GPL license (http://www.biowebdb.org/garsa/). For download requests visit http://www.biowebdb.org/garsa/ or contact Dr Alberto Dávila. ..
- de Souza F, Gomes S. A P-type ATPase from the aquatic fungus Blastocladiella emersonii similar to animal Na,K-ATPases. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1383:183-7 pubmed
- Bezerra Vasconcelos D, Melo L, Albuquerque E, Luciano M, Bevilaqua C. Real-time PCR to assess the Leishmania load in Lutzomyia longipalpis sand flies: screening of target genes and assessment of quantitative methods. Exp Parasitol. 2011;129:234-9 pubmed publisher..infantum chagasi in L. longipalpis was improved by targeting high copy-number genes; amplification of high copy-number targets increased the sensitivity, accuracy and precision of DNA-based parasite enumeration...
- Borges J, Fischer H, Craievich A, Hansen L, Ramos C. Free human mitochondrial GrpE is a symmetric dimer in solution. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:35337-44 pubmed..The low resolution structure of human GrpE presented here suggests that GrpE is a symmetric dimer when not bound to DnaK. This information is important for understanding the conformational changes GrpE undergoes on binding to DnaK. ..
- Neshich G, Togawa R, Mancini A, Kuser P, Yamagishi M, Pappas G, et al. STING Millennium: A web-based suite of programs for comprehensive and simultaneous analysis of protein structure and sequence. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:3386-92 pubmed..PDB updates trigger SMS updates in a synchronized fashion. SMS is freely accessible for public data at http://www.cbi.cnptia.embrapa.br, http://mirrors.rcsb.org/SMS and http://trantor.bioc.columbia.edu/SMS. ..
- Ferreira Junior J, Bleicher L, Barros M. Her2p molecular modeling, mutant analysis and intramitochondrial localization. Fungal Genet Biol. 2013;60:133-9 pubmed publisher..For instance, her2/ts11 mutant showed its fermentative growth impaired, and poorly rescued by GTF1 indicating that Her2p unknown function in the mitochondria outer membrane affects cell viability. ..
- Pessoa L, da Silva I, Baptista H, Pesquero J, Paiva A, Bader M, et al. Molecular structure and alternative splicing of the human carboxypeptidase M gene. Biol Chem. 2002;383:263-9 pubmed..RNA extracted from tumor tissues contained more CPM mRNA than control tissue, suggesting an upregulation of CPM expression in tumors and raising the question of the role of this enzyme in cancer. ..
- Capella A, Menossi M, Arruda P, Benedetti C. COI1 affects myrosinase activity and controls the expression of two flower-specific myrosinase-binding protein homologues in Arabidopsis. Planta. 2001;213:691-9 pubmed..The results show that COI1 controls MBP expression in flowers and significantly affects the expression and activity of myrosinase in Arabidopsis. ..
- Pinheiro C, Staub O, Mulvenna J, Loukas A, Jones M, Rabelo E. Characterization and binding affinities of SmLANP: a new Schistosoma mansoni member of the ANP32 family of regulatory proteins. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2009;165:95-102 pubmed publisher..Thirty-six possible partners were identified, and a protein ATP synthase subunit alpha was confirmed by pull down assays, as a binding partner of the SmLANP protein. ..
- Cristofoletti P, de Sousa F, Rahb Y, Terra W. Characterization of a membrane-bound aminopeptidase purified from Acyrthosiphon pisum midgut cells. A major binding site for toxic mannose lectins. FEBS J. 2006;273:5574-88 pubmed publisher..In addition to oligopeptide digestion, APN is proposed to be associated with amino-acid-absorption processes which, in contrast with aminopeptidase activity, may be hampered on lectin binding...
- Grossi de Sa M, Quezado de Magalhaes M, Silva M, Silva S, Dias S, Nakasu E, et al. Susceptibility of Anthonomus grandis (cotton boll weevil) and Spodoptera frugiperda (fall armyworm) to a cry1ia-type toxin from a Brazilian Bacillus thuringiensis strain. J Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;40:773-82 pubmed
- Felix S, Mayerhoffer R, DaMatta R, Vericimo M, Nascimento V, Machado O. Mapping IgE-binding epitopes of Ric c 1 and Ric c 3, allergens from Ricinus communis, by mast cell degranulation assay. Peptides. 2008;29:497-504 pubmed publisher..Four continuous epitopes were identified in Ric c 3 and two in Ric c 1. This knowledge may allow the induction of protective antibody responses to antagonize the IgE recognition...
- Herai R, Yamagishi M. Detection of human interchromosomal trans-splicing in sequence databanks. Brief Bioinform. 2010;11:198-209 pubmed publisher..Our methodology can be applied to 5'-UTR, coding sequences and 3'-UTR in order to find new candidates for a posteriori experimental confirmation. ..
- Silva J, Damico D, Baldasso P, Mattioli M, Winck F, Fraceto L, et al. Isolation and biochemical characterization of a galactoside binding lectin from Bauhinia variegata candida (BvcL) seeds. Protein J. 2007;26:193-201 pubmed..The N-terminal amino acid sequence of 17 residues showed 90% sequential homology to galactose-specific legume lectins of the subfamily Caesalpinoideae...
- Netz D, Sahl H, Marcelino R, dos Santos Nascimento J, de Oliveira S, Soares M, et al. Molecular characterisation of aureocin A70, a multi-peptide bacteriocin isolated from Staphylococcus aureus. J Mol Biol. 2001;311:939-49 pubmed publisher..Thus, aureocin A70 is a multi-peptide non-lantibiotic bacteriocin, which is transported without processing...
- Cortez A, Ventura R, Rodrigues A, Batista J, Paiva F, Anez N, et al. The taxonomic and phylogenetic relationships of Trypanosoma vivax from South America and Africa. Parasitology. 2006;133:159-69 pubmed..vivax in Africa and of the whole subgenus Trypanosoma (Duttonella) might be higher than previously believed...
- Queiroz C, Batista F, de Oliveira L. Evolution of the 5.8S nrDNA gene and internal transcribed spacers in Carapichea ipecacuanha (Rubiaceae) within a phylogeographic context. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2011;59:293-302 pubmed publisher..We argue that it is important to consider past evolutionary history when making inferences about the efficiency with which concerted evolution homogenizes tandem nrDNA repeats a single sequence...
- Naldoni J, Arana S, Maia A, Silva M, Carriero M, Ceccarelli P, et al. Host-parasite-environment relationship, morphology and molecular analyses of Henneguya eirasi n. sp. parasite of two wild Pseudoplatystoma spp. in Pantanal Wetland, Brazil. Vet Parasitol. 2011;177:247-55 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of the parasite was 17.1% in both fish species examined. Parasite prevalence was not influenced by season, host sex or host size. ..
- Santos C, Tonoli C, Trindade D, Betzel C, Takata H, Kuriki T, et al. Structural basis for branching-enzyme activity of glycoside hydrolase family 57: structure and stability studies of a novel branching enzyme from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermococcus kodakaraensis KOD1. Proteins. 2011;79:547-57 pubmed publisher..The oligomerization has also been pointed out as a possible determinant for functional differentiation among GH57 members...
- Carpp L, Galler R, Bonaldo M. Interaction between the yellow fever virus nonstructural protein NS3 and the host protein Alix contributes to the release of infectious particles. Microbes Infect. 2011;13:85-95 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that NS3 supplied in trans rescues this effect. We propose that the interaction between NS3 and Alix contributes to YFV release. ..
- Vasconcelos P, Bryant J, da Rosa T, Tesh R, Rodrigues S, Barrett A. Genetic divergence and dispersal of yellow fever virus, Brazil. Emerg Infect Dis. 2004;10:1578-84 pubmed..Isolation of vaccine virus from a patient with a fatal case suggests that vaccine-related illness may have been misdiagnosed in the past...
- Peconick A, Sossai S, Girão F, Rodrigues M, Souza E Silva C, Guzman Q F, et al. Synthetic vaccine (SBm7462) against the cattle tick Rhipicephalus (Boophilus) microplus: preservation of immunogenic determinants in different strains from South America. Exp Parasitol. 2008;119:37-43 pubmed publisher..The conservation of such sequences is very important for the immunological response of different populations of R. (B.) microplus. ..
- de Oliveira V, Manfio G, da Costa Coutinho H, Keijzer Wolters A, van Elsas J. A ribosomal RNA gene intergenic spacer based PCR and DGGE fingerprinting method for the analysis of specific rhizobial communities in soil. J Microbiol Methods. 2006;64:366-79 pubmed..These results suggest that the R. leguminosarum-as well as R. tropici-targeted IGS-based nested PCR and DGGE are useful tools for monitoring the effect of agricultural practices on these and related rhizobial subpopulations in soils...
- Gentile A, Da Cruz P, Tavares R, Krug Baldacin M, Menossi M. Molecular characterization of ScTFIIAgamma, encoding the putative TFIIA small subunit from sugarcane. Plant Cell Rep. 2010;29:857-64 pubmed publisher..The phylogenetic analysis, the expression in several tissues and under different treatments and the nuclear localization are in line with the putative role of ScTFIIAgamma as a subunit of basal transcription factor. ..
- Soprano A, Abe V, Smetana J, Benedetti C. Citrus MAF1, a repressor of RNA polymerase III, binds the Xanthomonas citri canker elicitor PthA4 and suppresses citrus canker development. Plant Physiol. 2013;163:232-42 pubmed publisher..citri target negative regulators of RNA Pol II and Pol III to coordinately increase the transcription of host genes involved in ribosome biogenesis and cell proliferation...
- Christoffolete M, Doleschall M, Egri P, Liposits Z, Zavacki A, Bianco A, et al. Regulation of thyroid hormone activation via the liver X-receptor/retinoid X-receptor pathway. J Endocrinol. 2010;205:179-86 pubmed publisher..In vivo, the inhibition of D2-mediated tri-iodothyronine (T(3)) production by cholesterol/9-cis RA could function as a feedback loop, given that T(3) decreases hepatic cholesterol levels. ..
- Boldrini França J, Rodrigues R, Fonseca F, Menaldo D, Ferreira F, Henrique Silva F, et al. Crotalus durissus collilineatus venom gland transcriptome: analysis of gene expression profile. Biochimie. 2009;91:586-95 pubmed publisher..durissus collilineatus snake venom, also showing some unknown classes for this subspecies and even for C. durissus species, such as cardiotoxins and VEGF. ..
- Grivet L, Glaszmann J, Vincentz M, da Silva F, Arruda P. ESTs as a source for sequence polymorphism discovery in sugarcane: example of the Adh genes. Theor Appl Genet. 2003;106:190-7 pubmed..These results show that EST data constitute an invaluable source of sequence polymorphism for sugarcane that is worth carefully collecting for the future development of new marker tools...
- Coltri P, Guimar es B, Granato D, Luz J, Teixeira E, Oliveira C, et al. Structural insights into the interaction of the Nip7 PUA domain with polyuridine RNA. Biochemistry. 2007;46:14177-87 pubmed publisher..This work provides experimental verification that the PUA domain mediates Nip7 interaction with RNA and reveals that the preference for interaction with polyuridine sequences is conserved in Archaea and eukaryotic Nip7 proteins...
- Costa C, Arruda P, Benedetti C. An Arabidopsis gene induced by wounding functionally homologous to flavoprotein oxidoreductases. Plant Mol Biol. 2000;44:61-71 pubmed..The results show that the OPR3 gene product represents a new OPR of Arabidopsis induced after wounding. ..
- Caruso C, de Fátima Travensolo R, de Campus Bicudo R, de Macedo Lemos E, Ulian de Araújo A, Carrilho E. alpha-Hydroxynitrile lyase protein from Xylella fastidiosa: Cloning, expression, and characterization. Microb Pathog. 2009;47:118-27 pubmed publisher..Finally, our results confirmed that the product of the gene XFa0032 can be positively assigned as FAD-independent HNLs. ..
- Calgarotto A, Damico D, Ponce Soto L, Baldasso P, Da Silva S, Souza G, et al. Biological and biochemical characterization of new basic phospholipase A(2) BmTX-I isolated from Bothrops moojeni snake venom. Toxicon. 2008;51:1509-19 pubmed publisher..Since BmTX-I exert a strong proinflammatory effect; the enzymatic phospholipids hydrolysis might be relevant for these phenomena...
- de Figueirêdo E, Giordano G, Tavares A, da Silva M, de Vasconcellos J, Arieta C, et al. Novel human CRYGD rare variant in a Brazilian family with congenital cataract. Mol Vis. 2011;17:2207-11 pubmed..Because there is no segregation between the substitution and the phenotypes in this family, other genetic alterations are likely to be present. ..
- Maximino C, Lima M, Olivera K, Picanço Diniz D, Herculano A. Adenosine A1, but not A2, receptor blockade increases anxiety and arousal in Zebrafish. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2011;109:203-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, as in rodents, caffeine's anxiogenic and arousing effects are probably mediated by A(1) receptors in zebrafish and its locomotor activating effect is probably mediated by A(2) receptors. ..
- Machado F, Medina Acosta E. High-resolution combined linkage physical map of short tandem repeat loci on human chromosome band Xq28 for indirect haemophilia A carrier detection. Haemophilia. 2009;15:297-308 pubmed publisher..27 times the upstream genetic length. The inventory represents a 5.7-fold increase in polymorphic STR loci useful in carrier detection. Genotyping with the upstream extragenic tetra- and pentanucleotide markers is thus apprized. ..
- Souza T, Barbosa J. Cloning, overexpression, purification and preliminary characterization of human septin 8. Protein J. 2010;29:328-35 pubmed publisher..Homology models indicate clearly that the preferred dimer interface is the one comprising the GTP binding site. ..
- Schneider D, Saraiva A, Azzoni A, Miranda H, de Toledo M, Pelloso A, et al. Overexpression and purification of PWL2D, a mutant of the effector protein PWL2 from Magnaporthe grisea. Protein Expr Purif. 2010;74:24-31 pubmed publisher..Results from these studies will facilitate structural analysis of PWL2D and might contribute to understanding the gene's function and of fungal/plant interactions...
- Alves B, Oyama S, Gozzo F, Sanches M, Guimarães B, Zanchin N. Characterization of the human ortholog of Mov34 reveals eight N-terminal residues important for MPN domain stability. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;347:608-15 pubmed..However, clones lacking residues 1-8 show lower expression levels and thermal stability, indicating that residues 1-8 are required for proper folding and stability of this particular MPN domain. ..
- Costa Neto C, Parreiras E Silva L, Ruller R, Oliveira E, Miranda A, Oliveira L, et al. Molecular modeling of the human eukaryotic translation initiation factor 5A (eIF5A) based on spectroscopic and computational analyses. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;347:634-40 pubmed..Furthermore, analysis of amino acid variability between different human eIF5A isoforms revealed peculiar structural characteristics that are of functional relevance. ..
- Hatadani L, McInerney J, de Medeiros H, Junqueira A, de Azeredo Espin A, Klaczko L. Molecular phylogeny of the Drosophila tripunctata and closely related species groups (Diptera: Drosophilidae). Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2009;51:595-600 pubmed publisher..Although most of the basal nodes were unresolved we were able to identify four clusters within the tripunctata radiation. These results suggest the collection of additional data before a proper taxonomic revision could be proposed. ..
- Carvalho R, Torres T, Paniago M, Azeredo Espin A. Molecular characterization of esterase E3 gene associated with organophosphorus insecticide resistance in the New World screwworm fly, Cochliomyia hominivorax. Med Vet Entomol. 2009;23 Suppl 1:86-91 pubmed publisher..This will provide information for the selection and implementation of more effective pest management programmes...
- Lima L, Pinheiro C, de Moraes L, de Freitas S, Torres F. Xylitol dehydrogenase from Candida tropicalis: molecular cloning of the gene and structural analysis of the protein. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2006;73:631-9 pubmed..This is supported by the presence of the amino acid signature [GHE]xx[G]xxxxx[G]xx[V] in its primary sequence and a typical alcohol dehydrogenase Rossmann fold pattern composed by NAD(+) and zinc ion binding domains...
- Brandao A, Samudio F, Fernandes O, Calzada J, Sousa O. Genotyping of Panamanian Trypanosoma cruzi stocks using the calmodulin 3'UTR polymorphisms. Parasitol Res. 2008;102:523-6 pubmed publisher..cruzi isolates from humans and vectors from different endemic areas in Panama. The finding of solely T. cruzi I genotype might explain the low morbidity of Chagas' disease in the region when compared to other countries in Latin America. ..