Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on seeds in Germany
Publications125 found, 100 shown here
- Sreenivasulu N, Borisjuk L, Junker B, Mock H, Rolletschek H, Seiffert U, et al. Barley grain development toward an integrative view. Int Rev Cell Mol Biol. 2010;281:49-89 pubmed publisher..First attempts of modeling barley grain metabolism are summarized. ..
- Ranjan A, Fiene G, Fackendahl P, Hoecker U. The Arabidopsis repressor of light signaling SPA1 acts in the phloem to regulate seedling de-etiolation, leaf expansion and flowering time. Development. 2011;138:1851-62 pubmed publisher..SPA1 action in the phloem may also result in mechanical stimuli that affect cell elongation and cell division in other tissues. ..
- Watanabe M, Balazadeh S, Tohge T, Erban A, Giavalisco P, Kopka J, et al. Comprehensive dissection of spatiotemporal metabolic shifts in primary, secondary, and lipid metabolism during developmental senescence in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1290-310 pubmed publisher..As senescence processes are correlated to crop yield, the metabolome data and the approach provided here can serve as a blueprint for the analysis of traits and conditions linking crop yield and senescence. ..
- Stoldt A, Derno M, Das G, Weitzel J, Wolffram S, Metges C. Effects of rutin and buckwheat seeds on energy metabolism and methane production in dairy cows. J Dairy Sci. 2016;99:2161-2168 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we could not confirm earlier reports on in vitro methane reduction by rutin supplementation in dairy cows in established lactation. ..
- Siebert U, Brach M, Sroczynski G, Berla K. Efficacy, routine effectiveness, and safety of horsechestnut seed extract in the treatment of chronic venous insufficiency. A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials and large observational studies. Int Angiol. 2002;21:305-15 pubmed
- Bus A, Körber N, Snowdon R, Stich B. Patterns of molecular variation in a species-wide germplasm set of Brassica napus. Theor Appl Genet. 2011;123:1413-23 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, LD decayed rapidly with distance, which will allow a relatively high mapping resolution in genome-wide association studies using our germplasm set, but, on the other hand, will require a high number of markers. ..
- Schreiber L, Skrabs M, Hartmann K, Becker D, Cassagne C, Lessire R. Biochemical and molecular characterization of corn (Zea mays L.) root elongases. Biochem Soc Trans. 2000;28:647-9 pubmed..mays. Ongoing research is focusing on the molecular analysis and the regulation of KCS expression in roots in reaction to different environmental stimuli. ..
- Borisjuk L, Rolletschek H, Radchuk R, Weschke W, Wobus U, Weber H. Seed development and differentiation: a role for metabolic regulation. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2004;6:375-86 pubmed..The main role of seed photosynthesis is to increase internal O2 contents and to control biosynthetic fluxes by improving energy supply. ..
- Hornung E, Kunze S, Liavonchanka A, Zimmermann G, Kuhn D, Fritsche K, et al. Identification of an amino acid determinant of pH regiospecificity in a seed lipoxygenase from Momordica charantia. Phytochemistry. 2008;69:2774-80 pubmed publisher..Although the biological relevance for this alteration switch remains to be investigated it is of particular interest that it occurs at near physiological conditions in the pH-range between 7 and 8. ..
- Riebeseel E, Häusler R, Radchuk R, Meitzel T, Hajirezaei M, Emery R, et al. The 2-oxoglutarate/malate translocator mediates amino acid and storage protein biosynthesis in pea embryos. Plant J. 2010;61:350-63 pubmed publisher..We conclude that OMT is important for protein-storing crop seeds, and is necessary for amino acid biosynthesis in pea seeds. In addition, carbon supply as mediated by OMT controls plastid differentiation during seed maturation...
- Babu Y, Musielak T, Henschen A, Bayer M. Suspensor length determines developmental progression of the embryo in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1448-58 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, for both genes, the paternal allele has a stronger influence on the embryonic phenotype. We conclude that the length of the suspensor is crucial for fast developmental progression of the embryo in Arabidopsis. ..
- Dresselhaus T, Cordts S, Lorz H. A transcript encoding translation initiation factor eIF-5A is stored in unfertilized egg cells of maize. Plant Mol Biol. 1999;39:1063-71 pubmed..We also suggest that the regulation of eif-5A in the first embryonic cell cycle is different from the somatic cell cycle. ..
- Baumert A, Milkowski C, Schmidt J, Nimtz M, Wray V, Strack D. Formation of a complex pattern of sinapate esters in Brassica napus seeds, catalyzed by enzymes of a serine carboxypeptidase-like acyltransferase family?. Phytochemistry. 2005;66:1334-45 pubmed..napus seeds is dependent on sinapoylglucose. This gives rise to the assumption that enzymes of an SCPL acyltransferase family catalyze the appropriate transfer reactions to synthesize the accumulating esters. ..
- Sveinsd ttir H, Yan F, Zhu Y, Peiter Volk T, Schubert S. Seed ageing-induced inhibition of germination and post-germination root growth is related to lower activity of plasma membrane H(+)-ATPase in maize roots. J Plant Physiol. 2009;166:128-35 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, seed ageing causes a lower steady-state enzyme concentration of the H(+)-ATPase in the plasma membrane, which is related to slow germination and post-germination growth of seedling roots...
- Zimmermann J, Saalbach I, Jahn D, Giersberg M, Haehnel S, Wedel J, et al. Antibody expressing pea seeds as fodder for prevention of gastrointestinal parasitic infections in chickens. BMC Biotechnol. 2009;9:79 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that our strategy offers a general approach to control parasitic infections in production animals using cost-effective antibody expression in crop seeds affordable for the animal health market. ..
- Tschiersch H, Liebsch G, Borisjuk L, Stangelmayer A, Rolletschek H. An imaging method for oxygen distribution, respiration and photosynthesis at a microscopic level of resolution. New Phytol. 2012;196:926-36 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the novel sensor set-up can visualize gradients in oxygen-consuming and producing processes, thereby facilitating the study of the spatial dynamics of respiration and photosynthesis in heterogeneous plant tissues. ..
- Hettwer K, BÃ¶ttcher C, Frolov A, Mittasch J, Albert A, von Roepenack Lahaye E, et al. Dynamic metabolic changes in seeds and seedlings of Brassica napus (oilseed rape) suppressing UGT84A9 reveal plasticity and molecular regulation of the phenylpropanoid pathway. Phytochemistry. 2016;124:46-57 pubmed publisher..The lack of sinapoylmalate did not interfere with plant fitness under UV-B stress. Increased UV-B radiation triggered the accumulation of quercetin conjugates whereas the sinapoylmalate level was not affected. ..
- Däschner K, Thalheim C, Guha C, Brennicke A, Binder S. In plants a putative isovaleryl-CoA-dehydrogenase is located in mitochondria. Plant Mol Biol. 1999;39:1275-82 pubmed..Subcellular fractionation identifies the putative IVD enzyme in the mitochondrion. This localization suggests that in plants mitochondria contain at least part of the branched-chain amino acid degradation pathway(s). ..
- Koslowsky S, Riegler H, Bergmuller E, Zrenner R. Higher biomass accumulation by increasing phosphoribosylpyrophosphate synthetase activity in Arabidopsis thaliana and Nicotiana tabacum. Plant Biotechnol J. 2008;6:281-94 pubmed..This study provides evidence that the supply of PRPP co-limits growth rates, and has obvious implications for biotechnological strategies aiming to increase plant biomass as an alternative renewable energy source. ..
- Watanabe K, Pacher M, Dukowic S, Schubert V, Puchta H, Schubert I. The STRUCTURAL MAINTENANCE OF CHROMOSOMES 5/6 complex promotes sister chromatid alignment and homologous recombination after DNA damage in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2009;21:2688-99 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the SMC5/6 complex promotes sister chromatid cohesion after DNA breakage and facilitates homologous recombination between sister chromatids...
- Melkus G, Rolletschek H, Radchuk R, Fuchs J, Rutten T, Wobus U, et al. The metabolic role of the legume endosperm: a noninvasive imaging study. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:1139-54 pubmed publisher..We argue for a degree of metabolite-mediated control exerted by the endosperm on the growth of, and assimilate storage by, the embryo. ..
- Duy D, Stübe R, Wanner G, Philippar K. The chloroplast permease PIC1 regulates plant growth and development by directing homeostasis and transport of iron. Plant Physiol. 2011;155:1709-22 pubmed publisher..In consequence, PIC1 is crucial for balancing plant iron metabolism in general, thereby regulating plant growth and in particular fruit development. ..
- Hummel E, Kleeberg H. First results of the application of a new Neemazal powder formulation in hydroponics against different pest insects. Meded Rijksuniv Gent Fak Landbouwkd Toegep Biol Wet. 2002;67:631-9 pubmed..01-1%) to the roots sucking (Aphis fabae Hom., Aphididae) and free feeding (Heliothis armigera Lep., Noctuidae) pest insects can be controlled efficiently. The effects are concentration and time dependent. ..
- Valcu C, Junqueira M, Shevchenko A, Schlink K. Comparative proteomic analysis of responses to pathogen infection and wounding in Fagus sylvatica. J Proteome Res. 2009;8:4077-91 pubmed publisher..Both types of changes were largely specific to the wounded organ. Similarities between the defense mechanisms activated by root infection and root wounding were also observed...
- Tillich M, Sy V, Schulerowitz K, von Haeseler A, Maier U, Schmitz Linneweber C. Loss of matK RNA editing in seed plant chloroplasts. BMC Evol Biol. 2009;9:201 pubmed publisher..iii) A small number of third-codon positions in the vicinity of editing sites are selectively constrained independent of the presence of the editing site, most likely because of interacting RNA-binding proteins. ..
- Worch S, Rajesh K, Harshavardhan V, Pietsch C, Korzun V, Kuntze L, et al. Haplotyping, linkage mapping and expression analysis of barley genes regulated by terminal drought stress influencing seed quality. BMC Plant Biol. 2011;11:1 pubmed publisher..Prospective association analysis based on core drought-regulated genes may simplify the process of identifying favourable alleles, and help to understand the genetic basis of the response to terminal drought. ..
- Steinfurth D, Zörb C, Braukmann F, Mühling K. Time-dependent distribution of sulphur, sulphate and glutathione in wheat tissues and grain as affected by three sulphur fertilization levels and late S fertilization. J Plant Physiol. 2012;169:72-7 pubmed publisher..Late S fertilization prevented S deficiency in late stages of wheat growth and further enabled equal concentrations of S, glutathione and protein in all wheat organs compared to an S application only at sowing...
- Weller P, Breithaupt D. Identification and quantification of zeaxanthin esters in plants using liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry. J Agric Food Chem. 2003;51:7044-9 pubmed..The present LC-MS method allows for an even more detailed analysis of zeaxanthin esters than reported previously. ..
- Rolletschek H, Nguyen T, Häusler R, Rutten T, Gobel C, Feussner I, et al. Antisense inhibition of the plastidial glucose-6-phosphate/phosphate translocator in Vicia seeds shifts cellular differentiation and promotes protein storage. Plant J. 2007;51:468-84 pubmed
- Helbig D, Wagner A, Glei M, Basu S, Schubert R, Jahreis G. Blackcurrant seed press residue increases tocopherol concentrations in serum and stool whilst biomarkers in stool and urine indicate increased oxidative stress in human subjects. Br J Nutr. 2009;102:554-62 pubmed publisher..However, various biomarkers indicated increased oxidative stress, suggesting that consumption of ground berry seed may not be of advantage. ..
- Sreenivasulu N, Altschmied L, Panitz R, Hähnel U, Michalek W, Weschke W, et al. Identification of genes specifically expressed in maternal and filial tissues of barley caryopses: a cDNA array analysis. Mol Genet Genomics. 2002;266:758-67 pubmed..This gene, represented by clone HY09L21, may play a central role in transport processes and thus in embryo growth. ..
- Tschiersch H, Borisjuk L, Rutten T, Rolletschek H. Gradients of seed photosynthesis and its role for oxygen balancing. Biosystems. 2011;103:302-8 pubmed publisher..The observations are discussed with respect to in vivo light supply and contrasted with the characteristics of leaf photosynthesis. ..
- Ivanov R, Tiedemann J, Czihal A, Bäumlein H. Transcriptional regulator AtET2 is required for the induction of dormancy during late seed development. J Plant Physiol. 2012;169:501-8 pubmed publisher..This suggests that, within a larger protein complex, AtET2 might be required for the correct positioning upon the DNA. ..
- Rohn H, Hartmann A, Junker A, Junker B, Schreiber F. FluxMap: a VANTED add-on for the visual exploration of flux distributions in biological networks. BMC Syst Biol. 2012;6:33 pubmed publisher..It is available as a Java open source tool from http://www.vanted.org/fluxmap. ..
- Fischer Iglesias C, Sundberg B, Neuhaus G, Jones A. Auxin distribution and transport during embryonic pattern formation in wheat. Plant J. 2001;26:115-29 pubmed..Therefore, IAA may be synthesized or released from conjugates in bilaterally symmetrical embryos, although import from surrounding tissues cannot be excluded. ..
- Hübke H, Garbe L, Tressl R. Characterization and quantification of free and esterified 9- and 13-hydroxyoctadecadienoic acids (HODE) in barley, germinating barley, and finished malt. J Agric Food Chem. 2005;53:1556-62 pubmed..During kilning the contents of most HODEs decreased significantly due to chemical and enzymatic degradation, whereas polar-esterified (R)-13-HODE increased (43%) in the finished malt. ..
- Thiele K, Smalla K, Kropf S, Rabenstein F. Detection of Acidovorax valerianellae, the causing agent of bacterial leaf spots in corn salad [Valerianella locusta (L.) Laterr.], in corn salad seeds. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2012;54:112-8 pubmed publisher..The use of healthy seed material is the only way to prevent disease outbreaks. Therefore, a sensitive diagnostic method for seed testing should be developed...
- Vasilevski A, Giorgi F, Bertinetti L, Usadel B. LASSO modeling of the Arabidopsis thaliana seed/seedling transcriptome: a model case for detection of novel mucilage and pectin metabolism genes. Mol Biosyst. 2012;8:2566-74 pubmed publisher..We show that a loss of function of this putative transcription factor leads to a significant decrease in mucilage pectin. ..
- Feussner I, Balkenhohl T, Porzel A, Kuhn H, Wasternack C. Structural elucidation of oxygenated storage lipids in cucumber cotyledons. Implication of lipid body lipoxygenase in lipid mobilization during germination. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:21635-41 pubmed
- Hardtke C, Berleth T. The Arabidopsis gene MONOPTEROS encodes a transcription factor mediating embryo axis formation and vascular development. EMBO J. 1998;17:1405-11 pubmed..These observations suggest that the MP gene has an early function in the establishment of vascular and body patterns in embryonic and post-embryonic development. ..
- Reiser J, Linka N, Lemke L, Jeblick W, Neuhaus H. Molecular physiological analysis of the two plastidic ATP/ADP transporters from Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2004;136:3524-36 pubmed..However, plastidic ATP/ADP-transporter activity is required for both an undisturbed development of young tissues and a controlled cellular metabolism in mature leaves. ..
- Gotz K, Staroske N, Radchuk R, Emery R, Wutzke K, Herzog H, et al. Uptake and allocation of carbon and nitrogen in Vicia narbonensis plants with increased seed sink strength achieved by seed-specific expression of an amino acid permease. J Exp Bot. 2007;58:3183-95 pubmed..Therefore, the increased N uptake due to higher seed demand of AAP-12 is partly compensated by growth stimulation of vegetative organs...
- Rautengarten C, Usadel B, Neumetzler L, Hartmann J, Büssis D, Altmann T. A subtilisin-like serine protease essential for mucilage release from Arabidopsis seed coats. Plant J. 2008;54:466-80 pubmed publisher..7 mutant seeds. ..
- Appelhagen I, Lu G, Huep G, Schmelzer E, Weisshaar B, Sagasser M. TRANSPARENT TESTA1 interacts with R2R3-MYB factors and affects early and late steps of flavonoid biosynthesis in the endothelium of Arabidopsis thaliana seeds. Plant J. 2011;67:406-19 pubmed publisher..thaliana seed development. ..
- Kuhlmann M, Mette M. Developmentally non-redundant SET domain proteins SUVH2 and SUVH9 are required for transcriptional gene silencing in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol Biol. 2012;79:623-33 pubmed publisher..Pol V specific transcripts were reduced in suvh2 suvh9 plants. This might indicate a role of these SUVH proteins in Pol V complex recruitment. ..
- Stenzel I, Otto M, Delker C, Kirmse N, Schmidt D, Miersch O, et al. ALLENE OXIDE CYCLASE (AOC) gene family members of Arabidopsis thaliana: tissue- and organ-specific promoter activities and in vivo heteromerization. J Exp Bot. 2012;63:6125-38 pubmed publisher..The data suggest a putative regulatory mechanism of temporal and spatial fine-tuning in JA formation by differential expression and via possible heteromerization of the four AOCs. ..
- Pasternak M, Lim B, Wirtz M, Hell R, Cobbett C, Meyer A. Restricting glutathione biosynthesis to the cytosol is sufficient for normal plant development. Plant J. 2008;53:999-1012 pubmed
- Kilian B, Graner A. NGS technologies for analyzing germplasm diversity in genebanks. Brief Funct Genomics. 2012;11:38-50 pubmed publisher..It also refers to the various shortcomings and bottlenecks that need to be overcome to leverage the full potential of high-throughput DNA analysis for the targeted utilization of plant genetic resources. ..
- Borisjuk L, Neuberger T, Schwender J, Heinzel N, Sunderhaus S, Fuchs J, et al. Seed architecture shapes embryo metabolism in oilseed rape. Plant Cell. 2013;25:1625-40 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in vivo metabolic fluxes are locally regulated and connected to seed architecture, driving the embryo toward an efficient use of available light and space. ..
- Strickert M, Sreenivasulu N, Usadel B, Seiffert U. Correlation-maximizing surrogate gene space for visual mining of gene expression patterns in developing barley endosperm tissue. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:165 pubmed..Furthermore, functional gene annotation for developing endosperm barley tissue is successfully mapped to the visualization, making easy localization of major centroids of enriched functional categories possible. ..
- Franzen J, Wilde V. First gut content of a fossil primate. J Hum Evol. 2003;44:373-8 pubmed
- Usadel B, Kuschinsky A, Rosso M, Eckermann N, Pauly M. RHM2 is involved in mucilage pectin synthesis and is required for the development of the seed coat in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2004;134:286-95 pubmed..In addition, scanning electron microscopy of the seed surface indicated a distorted testa morphology, illustrating not only a structural but also a developmental role for RGI or rhamnose metabolism in proper testa formation. ..
- Endale A, Wray V, Murillo R, Schmidt P, Merfort I. Hopane-type saponins from the seeds of Glinus lotoides. J Nat Prod. 2005;68:443-6 pubmed
- Rolletschek H, Hosein F, Miranda M, Heim U, Gotz K, Schlereth A, et al. Ectopic expression of an amino acid transporter (VfAAP1) in seeds of Vicia narbonensis and pea increases storage proteins. Plant Physiol. 2005;137:1236-49 pubmed..We conclude that seed protein synthesis is nitrogen limited and that seed uptake activity for nitrogen is rate limiting for storage protein synthesis...
- Borisjuk L, Nguyen T, Neuberger T, Rutten T, Tschiersch H, Claus B, et al. Gradients of lipid storage, photosynthesis and plastid differentiation in developing soybean seeds. New Phytol. 2005;167:761-76 pubmed publisher..This hypothesis is verified in a companion paper...
- Dreisewerd K, Draude F, Kruppe S, Rohlfing A, Berkenkamp S, Pohlentz G. Molecular analysis of native tissue and whole oils by infrared laser mass spectrometry. Anal Chem. 2007;79:4514-20 pubmed..Among these are carbohydrates, phospholipids, triglycerides, and flavonoids. Substantially different molecular profiles were recorded from different areas of a single strawberry seed. ..
- Shahriari M, Hulskamp M, Schellmann S. Seeds of Arabidopsis plants expressing dominant-negative AtSKD1 under control of the GL2 promoter show a transparent testa phenotype and a mucilage defect. Plant Signal Behav. 2010;5:1308-10 pubmed publisher..The seeds display a transparent testa phenotype caused by a lack of proanthocyanidin (PA) and do not possess seed coat mucilage. Both phenotypes could be connected by cell death induced by the overexpression of dominant-negative AtSKD1. ..
- Graeber K, Linkies A, Wood A, Leubner Metzger G. A guideline to family-wide comparative state-of-the-art quantitative RT-PCR analysis exemplified with a Brassicaceae cross-species seed germination case study. Plant Cell. 2011;23:2045-63 pubmed publisher..Our work therefore can serve as a guideline for moving beyond Arabidopsis by establishing high-quality cross-species qRT-PCR...
- Selinski J, König N, Wellmeyer B, Hanke G, Linke V, Neuhaus H, et al. The plastid-localized NAD-dependent malate dehydrogenase is crucial for energy homeostasis in developing Arabidopsis thaliana seeds. Mol Plant. 2014;7:170-86 pubmed publisher..This suggests that a blocked major physiological process in plNAD-MDH mutants stops both embryo and endosperm development, thus avoiding assimilate investment in compromised offspring. ..
- Torres Ruiz R, Lohner A, Jurgens G. The GURKE gene is required for normal organization of the apical region in the Arabidopsis embryo. Plant J. 1996;10:1005-16 pubmed..The observations suggest that the GURKE gene is involved primarily in the organization of the apical region in the embryo and may also play a role during postembryonic development. ..
- Fischer K, Kammerer B, Gutensohn M, Arbinger B, Weber A, Häusler R, et al. A new class of plastidic phosphate translocators: a putative link between primary and secondary metabolism by the phosphoenolpyruvate/phosphate antiporter. Plant Cell. 1997;9:453-62 pubmed..We propose that plastids contain various phosphate translocators with overlapping substrate specificities to ensure an efficient supply of plastids with a single substrate, even in the presence of other phosphorylated metabolites. ..
- Steinmann T, Geldner N, Grebe M, Mangold S, Jackson C, Paris S, et al. Coordinated polar localization of auxin efflux carrier PIN1 by GNOM ARF GEF. Science. 1999;286:316-8 pubmed..GNOM is a membrane-associated guanine-nucleotide exchange factor on ADP-ribosylation factor G protein (ARF GEF). Thus, GNOM-dependent vesicle trafficking may establish cell polarity, resulting in polar auxin transport. ..
- Cordts S, Bantin J, Wittich P, Kranz E, Lorz H, Dresselhaus T. ZmES genes encode peptides with structural homology to defensins and are specifically expressed in the female gametophyte of maize. Plant J. 2001;25:103-14 pubmed..The function of ZmES1-4 during the fertilization process is discussed. ..
- Schubert I. Alteration of chromosome numbers by generation of minichromosomes -- is there a lower limit of chromosome size for stable segregation?. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2001;93:175-81 pubmed
- Park W, Kriechbaumer V, Moller A, Piotrowski M, Meeley R, Gierl A, et al. The Nitrilase ZmNIT2 converts indole-3-acetonitrile to indole-3-acetic acid. Plant Physiol. 2003;133:794-802 pubmed..Nitrilase protein and endogenous nitrilase activity are present in maize kernels together with the substrate IAN. These results suggest a role for ZmNIT2 in auxin biosynthesis. ..
- Mönke G, Altschmied L, Tewes A, Reidt W, Mock H, Bäumlein H, et al. Seed-specific transcription factors ABI3 and FUS3: molecular interaction with DNA. Planta. 2004;219:158-66 pubmed..In addition to the known N-terminal-located activation domain, a second transcription activation domain was found in the B1 region of ABI3. ..
- Friml J, Yang X, Michniewicz M, Weijers D, Quint A, Tietz O, et al. A PINOID-dependent binary switch in apical-basal PIN polar targeting directs auxin efflux. Science. 2004;306:862-5 pubmed..Our results show that a PINOID-dependent binary switch controls PIN polarity and mediates changes in auxin flow to create local gradients for patterning processes. ..
- M rton M, Cordts S, Broadhvest J, Dresselhaus T. Micropylar pollen tube guidance by egg apparatus 1 of maize. Science. 2005;307:573-6 pubmed publisher..Transgenic down-regulation of the ZmEA1 gene led to ovule sterility caused by loss of close-range pollen tube guidance to the micropyle...
- Zayed R, Wink M. Beta-carboline and quinoline alkaloids in root cultures and intact plants of Peganum harmala. Z Naturforsch C. 2005;60:451-8 pubmed..In root cultures, the formation of beta-carboline alkaloids can be induced by methyljasmonate and several other elicitors indicating that these alkaloids are part of the reactive chemical defence system of Peganum harmala...
- Deng X, Phillips J, Bräutigam A, Engström P, Johannesson H, Ouwerkerk P, et al. A homeodomain leucine zipper gene from Craterostigma plantagineum regulates abscisic acid responsive gene expression and physiological responses. Plant Mol Biol. 2006;61:469-89 pubmed..CpHB-7 gene expression is also linked to early organ development, leading to the suggestion that CpHB-7 is functionally similar to the Arabidopsis transcription factor, ATHB-6...
- Beyer J, Ehlers D, Maurer H. Abuse of nutmeg (Myristica fragrans Houtt.): studies on the metabolism and the toxicologic detection of its ingredients elemicin, myristicin, and safrole in rat and human urine using gas chromatography/mass spectrometry. Ther Drug Monit. 2006;28:568-75 pubmed
- Chandler J, Cole M, Flier A, Grewe B, Werr W. The AP2 transcription factors DORNROSCHEN and DORNROSCHEN-LIKE redundantly control Arabidopsis embryo patterning via interaction with PHAVOLUTA. Development. 2007;134:1653-62 pubmed..Interactions involve the PAS-like C-terminal regions of these proteins and the DRN/DRNL AP2 domain. ..
- Kronberg K, Vogel F, Rutten T, Hajirezaei M, Sonnewald U, Hofius D. The silver lining of a viral agent: increasing seed yield and harvest index in Arabidopsis by ectopic expression of the potato leaf roll virus movement protein. Plant Physiol. 2007;145:905-18 pubmed..This resulted in a strongly improved harvest index. The release of the assimilate export block was paralleled by a reduced PD binding of MP17 in senescing leaves, indicating major structural changes of PD during leaf senescence...
- Kessler D, Gase K, Baldwin I. Field experiments with transformed plants reveal the sense of floral scents. Science. 2008;321:1200-2 pubmed publisher..Both repellent and attractant were required to maximize capsule production and seed siring in emasculated flowers and flower visitation by native pollinators, whereas nicotine reduced florivory and nectar robbing. ..
- Doehmer J, Weiss G, McGregor G, Appel K. Assessment of a dry extract from milk thistle (Silybum marianum) for interference with human liver cytochrome-P450 activities. Toxicol In Vitro. 2011;25:21-7 pubmed publisher..According to FDA regulations 1>c(max)/K(i)>0.1 indicates, that drug-drug interactions are possible for CYPs 2C8, and 2C9, but not likely, and are remote for CYPs 2C19, 2D6, and 3A4. ..
- Steinborn K, Maulbetsch C, Priester B, Trautmann S, Pacher T, Geiges B, et al. The Arabidopsis PILZ group genes encode tubulin-folding cofactor orthologs required for cell division but not cell growth. Genes Dev. 2002;16:959-71 pubmed
- Akintayo E, Bayer E. Characterisation and some possible uses of Plukenetia conophora and Adenopus breviflorus seeds and seed oils. Bioresour Technol. 2002;85:95-7 pubmed..There is the possibility of using ADB oil in these regards as well as for edible purposes. ..
- Ramadan M, Mörsel J. Characterization of phospholipid composition of black cumin (Nigella sativa L.) seed oil. Nahrung. 2002;46:240-4 pubmed..Characterization of PL profile from Nigella sativa L. seed oil as well as the development of new source of PL was the primary aim of this study...
- Schütt B, Abbadi A, Loddenkötter B, Brummel M, Spener F. Beta-ketoacyl-acyl carrier protein synthase IV: a key enzyme for regulation of medium-chain fatty acid synthesis in Cuphea lanceolata seeds. Planta. 2002;215:847-54 pubmed..Based on these findings a regulatory mechanism for medium-chain fatty acid synthesis in C. lanceolata is presented...
- Ramadan M, Mörsel J. Oil goldenberry (Physalis peruviana L.). J Agric Food Chem. 2003;51:969-74 pubmed..Information provided by the present work is of importance for further chemical investigation of goldenberry oil and industrial utilization of the berries as a raw material of oils and functional foods...
- Jenett Siems K, Weigl R, Kaloga M, Schulz J, Eich E. Ipobscurines C and D: macrolactam-type indole alkaloids from the seeds of Ipomoea obscura. Phytochemistry. 2003;62:1257-63 pubmed..Moreover, total synthesis of the racemic erythro- and threo-ipobscurine B 4',4"-dimethyl ethers and the comparison with the corresponding derivative of natural (-)-ipobscurine B proved an erythro configuration of the latter...
- Matthäus B, Ozcan M. Glucosinolates and fatty acid, sterol, and tocopherol composition of seed oils from Capparis spinosa Var. spinosa and Capparis ovata Desf. Var. canescens (Coss.) Heywood. J Agric Food Chem. 2005;53:7136-41 pubmed..The total content of glucosinolates of C. ovata and C. spinosa samples was determined as 34.5-84.6 micromol/g for C. ovata and 42.6-88.9 micromol/g for C. spinosa, respectively, on a dry weight basis, with >95% as glucocapperin...
- Riefler M, Novak O, Strnad M, Schmülling T. Arabidopsis cytokinin receptor mutants reveal functions in shoot growth, leaf senescence, seed size, germination, root development, and cytokinin metabolism. Plant Cell. 2006;18:40-54 pubmed
- Saufi A, von Heimendahl C, Alfermann A, Fuss E. Stereochemistry of lignans in Phaleria macrocarpa (Scheff.) Boerl. Z Naturforsch C. 2008;63:13-6 pubmed..Pinoresinol and lariciresinol were mixtures of both enantiomers with (79 +/- 4)% and (55 +/- 6)% enantiomeric excess for the (-)-enantiomers, respectively, whereas matairesinol was found as pure (+)-enantiomer...
- Weigelt K, Küster H, Radchuk R, Muller M, Weichert H, Fait A, et al. Increasing amino acid supply in pea embryos reveals specific interactions of N and C metabolism, and highlights the importance of mitochondrial metabolism. Plant J. 2008;55:909-26 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that legume seeds have a high capacity to regulate N:C ratios, and highlight the importance of mitochondria in the control of N-C balance and amino acid homeostasis. ..
- Schmidt A, Ahlswede J, Störr B. Sample preparation strategies for one- and two-dimensional gel electrophoretic separation of plant proteins and the influence on arsenic and zinc bindings. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2009;877:3097-104 pubmed publisher..9%)>monomethylarsonate (12.4%)>arsenate (10.8%)>dimethylarsinate (0.32%)...
- Chigri F, Sippel C, Kolb M, Vothknecht U. Arabidopsis OBG-like GTPase (AtOBGL) is localized in chloroplasts and has an essential function in embryo development. Mol Plant. 2009;2:1373-83 pubmed publisher..They furthermore corroborate the significance of chloroplast functions for embryo development - an important stage within the Arabidopsis lifecycle...