Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on seeds in France
Publications154 found, 100 shown here
- Leduc V, Moneret Vautrin D, Tzen J, Morisset M, Guerin L, Kanny G. Identification of oleosins as major allergens in sesame seed allergic patients. Allergy. 2006;61:349-56 pubmed..Oleosins have been named Ses i 4 (17 kDa) and Ses i 5 (15 kDa), in accordance with the IUIS Nomenclature Committee. ..
- Baud S, Mendoza M, To A, Harscoët E, Lepiniec L, Dubreucq B. WRINKLED1 specifies the regulatory action of LEAFY COTYLEDON2 towards fatty acid metabolism during seed maturation in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2007;50:825-38 pubmed..thaliana seeds. In addition, they exemplify how metabolic and developmental processes affecting the developing embryo can be coordinated at the molecular level. ..
- Dornier A, Munoz F, Cheptou P. Allee effect and self-fertilization in hermaphrodites: reproductive assurance in a structured metapopulation. Evolution. 2008;62:2558-69 pubmed publisher..This model underlines the influence of the mating system both on demography and gene dynamics in a metapopulation context. ..
- Leymarie J, Robayo Romero M, Gendreau E, Benech Arnold R, Corbineau F. Involvement of ABA in induction of secondary dormancy in barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) seeds. Plant Cell Physiol. 2008;49:1830-8 pubmed publisher..The results presented suggest a specific role for HvNCED1 and HvNCED2 in regulation of ABA synthesis in secondary seed dormancy. ..
- Bikard D, Patel D, Le Metté C, Giorgi V, Camilleri C, Bennett M, et al. Divergent evolution of duplicate genes leads to genetic incompatibilities within A. thaliana. Science. 2009;323:623-6 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that these passive mechanisms, gene duplication and extinction, could represent an important source of genetic incompatibilities across all taxa. ..
- Jadid N, Mialoundama A, Heintz D, Ayoub D, Erhardt M, Mutterer J, et al. DOLICHOL PHOSPHATE MANNOSE SYNTHASE1 mediates the biogenesis of isoprenyl-linked glycans and influences development, stress response, and ammonium hypersensitivity in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:1985-2005 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data reveal a previously unsuspected role of the prenyl-linked carrier pathway for plant development and physiology that may help integrate several aspects of candidate susceptibility genes to ammonium stress. ..
- Chardon F, Noël V, Masclaux Daubresse C. Exploring NUE in crops and in Arabidopsis ideotypes to improve yield and seed quality. J Exp Bot. 2012;63:3401-12 pubmed publisher..The interest in using model plants in agronomic research is illustrated through the recent data provided by studies exploring natural variation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Efficient Arabidopsis ideotypes are proposed and discussed. ..
- Louarn J, Carbonne F, Delavault P, Bécard G, Rochange S. Reduced germination of Orobanche cumana seeds in the presence of Arbuscular Mycorrhizal fungi or their exudates. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49273 pubmed publisher..Combined with the other benefits of AM symbiosis, these effects make AM fungi an attractive option for biological control of O. cumana...
- Kyraleou M, Kotseridis Y, Koundouras S, Chira K, Teissedre P, Kallithraka S. Effect of irrigation regime on perceived astringency and proanthocyanidin composition of skins and seeds of Vitis vinifera L. cv. Syrah grapes under semiarid conditions. Food Chem. 2016;203:292-300 pubmed publisher..On the contrary, total anthocyanin and epigallocatechin contents were negatively correlated with astringency. ..
- Gaubier P, Raynal M, Hull G, Huestis G, Grellet F, Arenas C, et al. Two different Em-like genes are expressed in Arabidopsis thaliana seeds during maturation. Mol Gen Genet. 1993;238:409-18 pubmed
- Laurent F, Rathahao E. Distribution of [(14)C]imidacloprid in sunflowers (Helianthus annuus L.) following seed treatment. J Agric Food Chem. 2003;51:8005-10 pubmed..In pollen, concentrations of imidacloprid were 13 ng x g(-1). Thus, imidacloprid residues from Gaucho seed treatment contaminated sunflower pollen, involving the translocation of imidacloprid within the plant. ..
- Mendes A, Desgranges C, Cheze C, Vercauteren J, Freslon J. Vasorelaxant effects of grape polyphenols in rat isolated aorta. Possible involvement of a purinergic pathway. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2003;17:673-81 pubmed
- Routaboul J, Kerhoas L, Debeaujon I, Pourcel L, Caboche M, Einhorn J, et al. Flavonoid diversity and biosynthesis in seed of Arabidopsis thaliana. Planta. 2006;224:96-107 pubmed..In addition, they also revealed the presence of new products in seed and underlined the plasticity of this metabolic pathway in the mutants. ..
- Fumanal B, Chauvel B, Sabatier A, Bretagnolle F. Variability and cryptic heteromorphism of Ambrosia artemisiifolia seeds: What consequences for its invasion in France?. Ann Bot. 2007;100:305-13 pubmed..Furthermore, the recent invasion of southern France by A. artemisiifolia could be partially explained by water dispersal of achenes through rivers and has pinpointed its colonization potential along French rivers. ..
- Salvaudon L, Héraudet V, Shykoff J. Arabidopsis thaliana and the Robin Hood parasite: a chivalrous oomycete that steals fitness from fecund hosts and benefits the poorest one?. Biol Lett. 2008;4:526-9 pubmed publisher..This phenomenon might result from varying levels of tolerance among host lines and even overcompensation for parasite damage analogous to what can be observed in plant-herbivore systems. ..
- Purkrtova Z, Jolivet P, Miquel M, Chardot T. Structure and function of seed lipid-body-associated proteins. C R Biol. 2008;331:746-54 pubmed publisher..We present here an overview of the data on the structure of these proteins, which are scarce, and sometimes contradictory and on their functional roles. ..
- Palama T, Khatib A, Choi Y, Payet B, Fock I, Verpoorte R, et al. Metabolic changes in different developmental stages of Vanilla planifolia pods. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:7651-8 pubmed publisher..Quantification of compounds based on both LC-MS and NMR analyses showed that free vanillin can reach 24% of the total vanillin content after 8 months of development in the vanilla green pods...
- Baud S, Feria Bourrellier A, Azzopardi M, Berger A, Dechorgnat J, Daniel Vedele F, et al. PII is induced by WRINKLED1 and fine-tunes fatty acid composition in seeds of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2010;64:291-303 pubmed publisher..The results obtained outline a role for PII in the fine tuning of fatty acid biosynthesis and partitioning in seeds. ..
- Bednarek J, Boulaflous A, Girousse C, Ravel C, Tassy C, Barret P, et al. Down-regulation of the TaGW2 gene by RNA interference results in decreased grain size and weight in wheat. J Exp Bot. 2012;63:5945-55 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these results show that TaGW2 acts in the regulation of grain size and may provide an important tool for enhancement of grain yield. ..
- Verdier J, Dessaint F, Schneider C, Abirached Darmency M. A combined histology and transcriptome analysis unravels novel questions on Medicago truncatula seed coat. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:459-70 pubmed publisher..The study also raises new questions concerning the implication of seed coat endopolyploidy in cell expansion and the participation of the seed coat in de novo abscisic acid biosynthesis at early seed filling. ..
- Chantreau M, Grec S, Gutierrez L, Dalmais M, Pineau C, Demailly H, et al. PT-Flax (phenotyping and TILLinG of flax): development of a flax (Linum usitatissimum L.) mutant population and TILLinG platform for forward and reverse genetics. BMC Plant Biol. 2013;13:159 pubmed publisher..In order to accelerate functional characterization of these genes we have generated a flax EMS mutant population that can be used as a TILLinG (Targeting Induced Local Lesions in Genomes) platform for forward and reverse genetics...
- Duval J, Destandau E, Pecher V, Poujol M, Tranchant J, Lesellier E. Selective enrichment in bioactive compound from Kniphofia uvaria by super/subcritical fluid extraction and centrifugal partition chromatography. J Chromatogr A. 2016;1447:26-38 pubmed publisher..Conditions suited to favour an enrichment factor bases on the ratio of anthraquinone and trilycerides extracted are described. ..
- Bourgeois M, Jacquin F, Savois V, Sommerer N, Labas V, Henry C, et al. Dissecting the proteome of pea mature seeds reveals the phenotypic plasticity of seed protein composition. Proteomics. 2009;9:254-71 pubmed publisher..This work pinpoints seed proteins most affected by environment, highlighting new targets to stabilize storage protein composition that should be further analyzed. ..
- Magnard J, Le Deunff E, Domenech J, Rogowsky P, Testillano P, Rougier M, et al. Genes normally expressed in the endosperm are expressed at early stages of microspore embryogenesis in maize. Plant Mol Biol. 2000;44:559-74 pubmed..These findings suggest that maize androgenesis may possibly involve both embryogenesis and the establishment of endosperm-like components. ..
- Glévarec G, Bouton S, Jaspard E, Riou M, Cliquet J, Suzuki A, et al. Respective roles of the glutamine synthetase/glutamate synthase cycle and glutamate dehydrogenase in ammonium and amino acid metabolism during germination and post-germinative growth in the model legume Medicago truncatula. Planta. 2004;219:286-97 pubmed..Interestingly, this reaction also produces reducing power (NADH) in organs deprived of photosynthesis. ..
- Bert P, Jouan I, Tourvieille de Labrouhe D, Serre F, Philippon J, Nicolas P, et al. Comparative genetic analysis of quantitative traits in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.). 2. Characterisation of QTL involved in developmental and agronomic traits. Theor Appl Genet. 2003;107:181-9 pubmed..The relationships between all these traits and with resistance to Sclerotinia sclerotiorum and Diaporthe helianthi are discussed. ..
- Baud S, Guyon V, Kronenberger J, Wuillème S, Miquel M, Caboche M, et al. Multifunctional acetyl-CoA carboxylase 1 is essential for very long chain fatty acid elongation and embryo development in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2003;33:75-86 pubmed..These data demonstrate, in planta, the role of ACCase 1 in VLCFA elongation. Furthermore, this multifunctional enzyme also plays an unexpected and central function in embryo morphogenesis, especially in apical meristem development. ..
- Rajjou L, Duval M, Gallardo K, Catusse J, Bally J, Job C, et al. Seed germination and vigor. Annu Rev Plant Biol. 2012;63:507-33 pubmed publisher..Their characterization is expected to deliver new markers of seed quality that can be used in breeding programs and/or in biotechnological approaches to improve crop yields. ..
- Nicolas P, Lecourieux D, Gom s E, Delrot S, Lecourieux F. The grape berry-specific basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor VvCEB1 affects cell size. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:991-1003 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data show that VvCEB1 is a fruit-specific bHLH transcription factor involved in grape berry development...
- Alkhalfioui F, Renard M, Vensel W, Wong J, Tanaka C, Hurkman W, et al. Thioredoxin-linked proteins are reduced during germination of Medicago truncatula seeds. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:1559-79 pubmed..The results provide evidence that Trx functions in the germination of seeds of dicotyledons as well as monocotyledons. ..
- Prioul J, Méchin V, Damerval C. Molecular and biochemical mechanisms in maize endosperm development: the role of pyruvate-Pi-dikinase and Opaque-2 in the control of C/N ratio. C R Biol. 2008;331:772-9 pubmed publisher..The direct effect of O2 on PPDK gene expression provides a clue for explaining the competition between C and N metabolisms. This epistatic relationship between PPDK and O2 is further supported by quantitative and association genetics. ..
- Broin M, Santaella C, Cuine S, Kokou K, Peltier G, Joet T. Flocculent activity of a recombinant protein from Moringa oleifera Lam. seeds. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2002;60:114-9 pubmed..1)is able to aggregate montmorillonite clay particles as well as gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. We discuss the use of recombinant proteins to study flocculating properties and improve water purification processes...
- Lionneton E, Aubert G, Ochatt S, Merah O. Genetic analysis of agronomic and quality traits in mustard (Brassica juncea). Theor Appl Genet. 2004;109:792-9 pubmed..The results obtained in this study show that the most important agronomic and quality traits of brown mustard could be bred independently. Correlation between the studied traits is also discussed. ..
- Ochatt S, Conreux C, Jacas L. In vitro production of sweet peas (Lathyrus odoratus L.) via axillary shoots. Methods Mol Biol. 2010;589:293-301 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe simple, yet reliable strategies for the culture and multiplication of several landraces and species of Lathyrus including sweet peas...
- Debieu M, Tang C, Stich B, Sikosek T, Effgen S, Josephs E, et al. Co-variation between seed dormancy, growth rate and flowering time changes with latitude in Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61075 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that A. thaliana provides a good model for the evolution of trade-offs and their genetic basis. ..
- Raveton M, Aajoud A, Willison J, Cherifi M, Tissut M, Ravanel P. Soil distribution of fipronil and its metabolites originating from a seed-coated formulation. Chemosphere. 2007;69:1124-9 pubmed..Furthermore, detectable soil contamination was limited to a zone of about 11 cm around the seed. ..
- Doligez A, Bertrand Y, Farnos M, Grolier M, Romieu C, Esnault F, et al. New stable QTLs for berry weight do not colocalize with QTLs for seed traits in cultivated grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.). BMC Plant Biol. 2013;13:217 pubmed publisher..To identify new stable QTLs for marker-assisted selection and candidate gene identification, we performed simultaneous QTL detection in four mapping populations (seeded or seedless) with various genetic backgrounds...
- Hampe A. Fruit tracking, frugivore satiation, and their consequences for seed dispersal. Oecologia. 2008;156:137-45 pubmed publisher..Its negative effects on recruitment may be attenuated, however, if greater fruit crops help increase population-wide frugivore activity and the amount of seeds being dispersed to suitable establishment sites...
- Toribio A, Nuzillard J, Renault J. Strong ion-exchange centrifugal partition chromatography as an efficient method for the large-scale purification of glucosinolates. J Chromatogr A. 2007;1170:44-51 pubmed..4 g of sinalbin and 2.6g of glucoraphanin were obtained in one step in 2.5 and 3.5h respectively, starting from 12 and 25 g of mustard and broccoli seed aqueous extracts, using a laboratory scale CPC column (200 mL inner volume). ..
- Rajjou L, Lovigny Y, Groot S, Belghazi M, Job C, Job D. Proteome-wide characterization of seed aging in Arabidopsis: a comparison between artificial and natural aging protocols. Plant Physiol. 2008;148:620-41 pubmed publisher..Finally, this work shows that similar molecular events accompany artificial and natural seed aging. ..
- Berger N, Dubreucq B, Roudier F, Dubos C, Lepiniec L. Transcriptional regulation of Arabidopsis LEAFY COTYLEDON2 involves RLE, a cis-element that regulates trimethylation of histone H3 at lysine-27. Plant Cell. 2011;23:4065-78 pubmed publisher..Besides improving our understanding of LEC2 regulation, this study provides important new insights into the mechanisms underlying H3K27me3 deposition and PRC2 recruitment at a specific locus in plants. ..
- Wagmann K, Hautekèete N, Piquot Y, Meunier C, Schmitt S, van Dijk H. Seed dormancy distribution: explanatory ecological factors. Ann Bot. 2012;110:1205-19 pubmed publisher..This highly heritable trait has the potential to evolve in the relatively near future because of climate change. ..
- Sicaire A, Vian M, Fine F, CarrÃ© P, Tostain S, Chemat F. Ultrasound induced green solvent extraction of oil from oleaginous seeds. Ultrason Sonochem. 2016;31:319-29 pubmed publisher..The study concludes that ultrasound-assisted extraction of oil is likely to reduce both economic and ecological impacts of the process in the fat and oil industry. ..
- Poret M, Chandrasekar B, van der Hoorn R, Avice J. Characterization of senescence-associated protease activities involved in the efficient protein remobilization during leaf senescence of winter oilseed rape. Plant Sci. 2016;246:139-153 pubmed publisher..Short statement: Serine and particularly cysteine proteases (both PLCPs and VPEs) seem to play a crucial role in the efficient protein remobilization when leaf senescence of oilseed rape was accelerated by nitrate limitation. ..
- Bathellier C, Badeck F, Couzi P, Harscoët S, Mauve C, Ghashghaie J. Divergence in delta(13)C of dark respired CO(2) and bulk organic matter occurs during the transition between heterotrophy and autotrophy in Phaseolus vulgaris plants. New Phytol. 2008;177:406-18 pubmed..They were especially related to respiration and respiratory fractionation. ..
- Lemaitre T, Gaufichon L, Boutet Mercey S, Christ A, Masclaux Daubresse C. Enzymatic and metabolic diagnostic of nitrogen deficiency in Arabidopsis thaliana Wassileskija accession. Plant Cell Physiol. 2008;49:1056-65 pubmed publisher..The major finding of this report was that together with decreasing biomass and yield, nitrogen limitation triggers large modifications in vegetative products and seed quality. ..
- Simkin A, Kuntz M, Moreau H, McCarthy J. Carotenoid profiling and the expression of carotenoid biosynthetic genes in developing coffee grain. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2010;48:434-42 pubmed publisher..Again, all the genes examined were expressed, and in most cases, the highest transcript levels were detected around the large green-yellow stages, a period when carotenoid synthesis is probably greatest. ..
- Ruas M, Guignon V, Sempere G, Sardos J, Hueber Y, Duvergey H, et al. MGIS: managing banana (Musa spp.) genetic resources information and high-throughput genotyping data. Database (Oxford). 2017;2017: pubmed publisher..https://www.crop-diversity.org/mgis/...
- Despres B, Bouissonnié F, Wu H, Gomord V, Guilleminot J, Grellet F, et al. Three SAC1-like genes show overlapping patterns of expression in Arabidopsis but are remarkably silent during embryo development. Plant J. 2003;34:293-306 pubmed..Remarkably, AtSAC1 genes are not expressed during seed development, and therefore additional phosphatases are required to control phosphoinositide levels in seeds. ..
- Shafiee M, Carbonneau M, Urban N, Descomps B, Leger C. Grape and grape seed extract capacities at protecting LDL against oxidation generated by Cu2+, AAPH or SIN-1 and at decreasing superoxide THP-1 cell production. A comparison to other extracts or compounds. Free Radic Res. 2003;37:573-84 pubmed..e. cell-mediated) types of action in protecting LDL against oxidation, strengthening the need for improving the knowledge of its bioavailability in humans. ..
- Gaillard Y, Krishnamoorthy A, Bevalot F. Cerbera odollam: a 'suicide tree' and cause of death in the state of Kerala, India. J Ethnopharmacol. 2004;95:123-6 pubmed..The aim of this retrospective study is to call attention to a powerful toxic plant that is currently completely ignored by western physicians, chemists, analysts and even coroners and forensic toxicologists. ..
- Baud S, Wuillème S, Lemoine R, Kronenberger J, Caboche M, Lepiniec L, et al. The AtSUC5 sucrose transporter specifically expressed in the endosperm is involved in early seed development in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2005;43:824-36 pubmed..However, additional sugar uptake systems, which remain to be characterized, must be functional in developing seeds, especially during maturation of the embryo. ..
- Rajjou L, Belghazi M, Huguet R, Robin C, Moreau A, Job C, et al. Proteomic investigation of the effect of salicylic acid on Arabidopsis seed germination and establishment of early defense mechanisms. Plant Physiol. 2006;141:910-23 pubmed..Finally, the proteomic data revealed a close interplay between abscisic signaling and SA elicitation of seed vigor. ..
- Bertrand B, Villarreal D, Laffargue A, Posada H, Lashermes P, Dussert S. Comparison of the effectiveness of fatty acids, chlorogenic acids, and elements for the chemometric discrimination of coffee (Coffea arabica L.) varieties and growing origins. J Agric Food Chem. 2008;56:2273-80 pubmed publisher..Chlorogenic acids gave satisfactory results, but fatty acids clearly offered the best results for the determination of both varieties and environments, with very high percentages of correct classification (79 and 90%, respectively)...
- Bourguiba H, Khadari B, Krichen L, Trifi Farah N, Santoni S, Audergon J. Grafting versus seed propagated apricot populations: two main gene pools in Tunisia evidenced by SSR markers and model-based Bayesian clustering. Genetica. 2010;138:1023-32 pubmed publisher..Our findings support the assumption that grafting and seed propagated apricots shared the same origin. ..
- Albert S, Delseny M, Devic M. BANYULS, a novel negative regulator of flavonoid biosynthesis in the Arabidopsis seed coat. Plant J. 1997;11:289-99 pubmed..These results suggest that BANYULS functions as a negative regulator of flavonoid biosynthesis that prevents accumulation of pigments in the seed coat during early embryogenesis in Arabidopsis. ..
- Odoux E, Chauwin A, Brillouet J. Purification and characterization of vanilla bean (Vanilla planifolia Andrews) beta-D-glucosidase. J Agric Food Chem. 2003;51:3168-73 pubmed..The enzyme was also active on prunasin, esculin, and salicin and inactive on cellobiose, gentiobiose, amygdalin, phloridzin, indoxyl-beta-D-glucopyranoside, and quercetin-3-beta-D-glucopyranoside...
- Bauza E, Dal Farra C, Berghi A, Oberto G, Peyronel D, Domloge N. Date palm kernel extract exhibits antiaging properties and significantly reduces skin wrinkles. Int J Tissue React. 2002;24:131-6 pubmed..This in vivo study demonstrates that date palm kernel exhibits a significant antiwrinkle effect and is therefore of interest in antiaging skin care products. ..
- Lebon G, Duchene E, Brun O, Clement C. Phenology of flowering and starch accumulation in grape (Vitis vinifera L.) cuttings and vines. Ann Bot. 2005;95:943-8 pubmed..Moreover, changes of starch reserves were similar in the two plant types. Cuttings have a similar reproductive physiology to vines, and can be used to study grape physiology and to develop haploid plants. ..
- Hewezi T, Léger M, Gentzbittel L. A comprehensive analysis of the combined effects of high light and high temperature stresses on gene expression in sunflower. Ann Bot. 2008;102:127-40 pubmed publisher..Careful examination of the putative functions of these genes revealed novel and specific responses. The potential roles of many of the differentially expressed genes in stress tolerance are mentioned and discussed. ..
- Compagnon V, Diehl P, Benveniste I, Meyer D, Schaller H, Schreiber L, et al. CYP86B1 is required for very long chain omega-hydroxyacid and alpha, omega -dicarboxylic acid synthesis in root and seed suberin polyester. Plant Physiol. 2009;150:1831-43 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that CYP86B1 is a very long chain fatty acid hydroxylase specifically involved in polyester monomer biosynthesis during the course of plant development. ..
- Dubois J, Cheptou P. Competition/colonization syndrome mediated by early germination in non-dispersing achenes in the heteromorphic species Crepis sancta. Ann Bot. 2012;110:1245-51 pubmed publisher..It is proposed that germination phenology may mediate the competition-colonization trade-off in Crepis sancta and the evolutionary significance of this phenomenon is discussed. ..
- Garcia D, Saingery V, Chambrier P, Mayer U, Jurgens G, Berger F. Arabidopsis haiku mutants reveal new controls of seed size by endosperm. Plant Physiol. 2003;131:1661-70 pubmed..We present further evidence for a control of integument development mediated by endosperm-derived signals. ..
- Muños S, Ranc N, Botton E, Bérard A, Rolland S, Duffe P, et al. Increase in tomato locule number is controlled by two single-nucleotide polymorphisms located near WUSCHEL. Plant Physiol. 2011;156:2244-54 pubmed publisher..An evolutionary model of locule number is proposed herein, suggesting that the fas mutation appeared after the mutation in the lc locus to confer the extreme high-locule-number phenotype. ..
- Chatelain E, Satour P, Laugier E, Ly Vu B, Payet N, Rey P, et al. Evidence for participation of the methionine sulfoxide reductase repair system in plant seed longevity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:3633-8 pubmed publisher..Based on our data, we propose that the MSR repair system plays a decisive role in the establishment and preservation of longevity in plant seeds...
- Sarni Manchado P, Cheynier V, Moutounet M. Interactions of grape seed tannins with salivary proteins. J Agric Food Chem. 1999;47:42-7 pubmed..The higher polymerized tannins predominantly precipitated together with the salivary proteins. The condensed tannins remaining in solution were low molecular weight polymers. ..
- Bellec Y, Harrar Y, Butaeye C, Darnet S, Bellini C, Faure J. Pasticcino2 is a protein tyrosine phosphatase-like involved in cell proliferation and differentiation in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2002;32:713-22 pubmed..The absence of yeast PAS2 homolog can be functionally replaced by the Arabidopsis PAS2 protein, demonstrating that PAS2 function is conserved between higher and lower eukaryotes. ..
- Morisset M, Moneret Vautrin D, Kanny G, Guenard L, Beaudouin E, Flabbee J, et al. Thresholds of clinical reactivity to milk, egg, peanut and sesame in immunoglobulin E-dependent allergies: evaluation by double-blind or single-blind placebo-controlled oral challenges. Clin Exp Allergy. 2003;33:1046-51 pubmed..p.m. for egg, 24 p.p.m. for peanut and 30 p.p.m. for milk proteins. Oil allergies being considered, the limit of sensitivity should fall to 5 p.p.m. ..
- Chopin F, Orsel M, Dorbe M, Chardon F, Truong H, Miller A, et al. The Arabidopsis ATNRT2.7 nitrate transporter controls nitrate content in seeds. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1590-602 pubmed..7 or a mutation in the gene. Finally, we showed that this nitrate transporter protein was localized to the vacuolar membrane. Our results demonstrate that ATNRT2.7 plays a specific role in nitrate accumulation in the seed. ..
- Ingram G, Magnard J, Vergne P, Dumas C, Rogowsky P. ZmOCL1, an HDGL2 family homeobox gene, is expressed in the outer cell layer throughout maize development. Plant Mol Biol. 1999;40:343-54 pubmed
- Ronceret A, Guilleminot J, Lincker F, Gadea Vacas J, Delorme V, Bechtold N, et al. Genetic analysis of two Arabidopsis DNA polymerase epsilon subunits during early embryogenesis. Plant J. 2005;44:223-36 pubmed..Our results support the idea that fertilization may utilize the mechanisms of cell cycle transcriptional regulation of genes to reactivate the divisions of the oosphere and central cell. ..
- Campagne P, Baumel A, Affre L, Juin M, Duong N, Roche P, et al. Genetic signs of connectivity in Primula vulgaris (Primulaceae) in a hedgerow network landscape. C R Biol. 2009;332:652-61 pubmed publisher..We therefore concluded that a high degree of habitat contiguity does not necessarily promote genetic connectivity...
- Domergue F, Vishwanath S, Joubès J, Ono J, Lee J, Bourdon M, et al. Three Arabidopsis fatty acyl-coenzyme A reductases, FAR1, FAR4, and FAR5, generate primary fatty alcohols associated with suberin deposition. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:1539-54 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results indicate that Arabidopsis FAR1, FAR4, and FAR5 generate the fatty alcohols found in root, seed coat, and wound-induced leaf tissue...
- Garcia Villalba R, Tomas Barberan F, Fança Berthon P, Roller M, Zafrilla P, Issaly N, et al. Targeted and Untargeted Metabolomics to Explore the Bioavailability of the Secoiridoids from a Seed/Fruit Extract (Fraxinus angustifolia Vahl) in Human Healthy Volunteers: A Preliminary Study. Molecules. 2015;20:22202-19 pubmed publisher
- Nesi N, Jond C, Debeaujon I, Caboche M, Lepiniec L. The Arabidopsis TT2 gene encodes an R2R3 MYB domain protein that acts as a key determinant for proanthocyanidin accumulation in developing seed. Plant Cell. 2001;13:2099-114 pubmed..Therefore, our results strongly suggest that stringent spatial and temporal BAN expression, and thus proanthocyanidin accumulation, are determined at least partially by TT2. ..
- Bonello J, Sevilla Lecoq S, Berne A, Risueño M, Dumas C, Rogowsky P. Esr proteins are secreted by the cells of the embryo surrounding region. J Exp Bot. 2002;53:1559-68 pubmed..Therefore Esr proteins share two characteristics with ligands of receptor-like kinases: they are released in the extracellular space and they have the capacity to form protein-protein interactions. ..
- Baud S, Vaultier M, Rochat C. Structure and expression profile of the sucrose synthase multigene family in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2004;55:397-409 pubmed..These results add new insights on the expression of SUS genes and are discussed in relation to distinct functions for each member of the AtSUS family. ..
- Bensmihen S, Giraudat J, Parcy F. Characterization of three homologous basic leucine zipper transcription factors (bZIP) of the ABI5 family during Arabidopsis thaliana embryo maturation. J Exp Bot. 2005;56:597-603 pubmed..Endogenous EEL, AREB3, and AtbZIP67 transcripts could be specifically reduced, but no visible defects could be observed during seed maturation. ..
- Santos Mendoza M, Dubreucq B, Miquel M, Caboche M, Lepiniec L. LEAFY COTYLEDON 2 activation is sufficient to trigger the accumulation of oil and seed specific mRNAs in Arabidopsis leaves. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:4666-70 pubmed..Consistent with these results, the expression of three other major seed regulators namely, LEC1, FUS3, and ABI3 were also induced by LEC2 activation. ..
- Lahmy S, Guilleminot J, Schmit A, Pelletier G, Chaboute M, Devic M. QQT proteins colocalize with microtubules and are essential for early embryo development in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2007;50:615-26 pubmed..We propose that QQT1 and QQT2 proteins participate in the organization of microtubules during cell division, and that this function is essential for the correct development of the early embryo. ..
- Comella P, Pontvianne F, Lahmy S, Vignols F, Barbezier N, Debures A, et al. Characterization of a ribonuclease III-like protein required for cleavage of the pre-rRNA in the 3'ETS in Arabidopsis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:1163-75 pubmed
- Oracz K, El Maarouf Bouteau H, Kranner I, Bogatek R, Corbineau F, Bailly C. The mechanisms involved in seed dormancy alleviation by hydrogen cyanide unravel the role of reactive oxygen species as key factors of cellular signaling during germination. Plant Physiol. 2009;150:494-505 pubmed publisher..We propose that ROS play a key role in the control of sunflower seed germination and are second messengers of cyanide in seed dormancy release...
- Ravel C, Martre P, Romeuf I, Dardevet M, El Malki R, Bordes J, et al. Nucleotide polymorphism in the wheat transcriptional activator Spa influences its pattern of expression and has pleiotropic effects on grain protein composition, dough viscoelasticity, and grain hardness. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:2133-44 pubmed publisher..The associations between Spa and dough viscoelasticity and grain hardness strongly suggest that Spa has complex pleiotropic functions during grain development. ..