Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on seasons in United States
Locale: United States
Publications284 found, 100 shown here
- D Ippolito A, Collins C, Comstock R. Epidemiology of pediatric holiday-related injuries presenting to US emergency departments. Pediatrics. 2010;125:931-7 pubmed publisher..Parents should be aware that holidays present a risk not only for holiday-specific injuries but also for more general, "everyday" injuries. ..
- Heo J, Sung S. Encoding memory of winter by noncoding RNAs. Epigenetics. 2011;6:544-7 pubmed..Recent recognition of long noncoding RNAs (ncRNAs) in vernalization response indicates that long ncRNAs are evolutionarily conserved components for PRC2-mediated repression in eukaryotes. ..
- Lima F, Wethey D. Three decades of high-resolution coastal sea surface temperatures reveal more than warming. Nat Commun. 2012;3:704 pubmed publisher..More importantly, it is now possible to analyse local patterns within the global context, which is useful for a broad array of scientific fields, policy makers and general public. ..
- Andrew M, Shinde V, Ye L, Hatchette T, Haguinet F, Dos Santos G, et al. The Importance of Frailty in the Assessment of Influenza Vaccine Effectiveness Against Influenza-Related Hospitalization in Elderly People. J Infect Dis. 2017;216:405-414 pubmed publisher..Despite commonly held views that VE is poor in older adults, we found that TIV provided good protection against influenza hospitalization in older adults who were not frail, though VE diminished as frailty increased. NCT01517191. ..
- Mogielnicki N, Schwartzman J, Elliott J. Perineal group A streptococcal disease in a pediatric practice. Pediatrics. 2000;106:276-81 pubmed
- Junge K, Eicken H, Deming J. Bacterial Activity at -2 to -20 degrees C in Arctic wintertime sea ice. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2004;70:550-7 pubmed..Measuring activity down to -20 degrees C adds to the concept that liquid inclusions in frozen environments provide an adequate habitat for active microbial populations on Earth and possibly elsewhere. ..
- Blaiss M, Meltzer E, Derebery M, Boyle J. Patient and healthcare-provider perspectives on the burden of allergic rhinitis. Allergy Asthma Proc. 2007;28 Suppl 1:S4-10 pubmed..Patients and healthcare professionals report that symptoms of AR are bothersome. Effective treatment options for nasal symptoms of AR may decrease the burden of illness and improve patient productivity and quality of life. ..
- Sharanowski B, Walker E, Anderson G. Insect succession and decomposition patterns on shaded and sunlit carrion in Saskatchewan in three different seasons. Forensic Sci Int. 2008;179:219-40 pubmed publisher..Members of Silphidae were the first coleopteran colonizers in all habitats and seasons. This paper also marks the first record for Cochliomyia macellaria (Fabricius) in Saskatchewan...
- Almansa C, Krishna M, Buchner A, Ghabril M, Talley N, DeVault K, et al. Seasonal distribution in newly diagnosed cases of eosinophilic esophagitis in adults. Am J Gastroenterol. 2009;104:828-33 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that EoE has a seasonal prevalence in adults. The seasonal variation pattern found in newly diagnosed EoE cases in adults supports the potential role of aeroallergens in the pathogenesis of EoE. ..
- Telford S, Norton T, Moler P, Jensen J. A new Haemogregarina species of the alligator snapping turtle, Macrochelys temminckii (Testudines: Chelydridae), in Georgia and Florida that produces macromeronts in circulating erythrocytes. J Parasitol. 2009;95:208-14 pubmed publisher..In tissues of the Placobdella spp. leech vectors, merogony occurs directly from sporozoites, forming merozoites that presumably are infective for the turtle host...
- Mercer K, Alexander H, Snow A. Selection on seedling emergence timing and size in an annual plant, Helianthus annuus (common sunflower, Asteraceae). Am J Bot. 2011;98:975-85 pubmed publisher..Also, the effects of early emergence may vary across genetic backgrounds and competitive conditions, facilitating the maintenance of variation for this trait across a diverse landscape. ..
- Craine J, Nippert J, Elmore A, Skibbe A, Hutchinson S, Brunsell N. Timing of climate variability and grassland productivity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:3401-5 pubmed publisher..If these patterns are general across ecosystems, predictions of ecosystem response to climate change will have to account not only for the magnitude of climate variability but also for its timing. ..
- Duan J, Bauer L, Abell K, Lelito J, Van Driesche R. Establishment and abundance of Tetrastichus planipennisi (Hymenoptera: Eulophidae) in Michigan: potential for success in classical biocontrol of the invasive emerald ash borer (Coleoptera: Buprestidae). J Econ Entomol. 2013;106:1145-54 pubmed..planipennisi is established in southern Michigan and that its populations are increasing and expanding. This suggests that T. planipennisi will likely play a critical role in suppressing emerald ash borer populations in Michigan...
- Champagne A, Allen H, Williams J. Lipid composition and molecular interactions change with depth in the avian stratum corneum to regulate cutaneous water loss. J Exp Biol. 2015;218:3032-41 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, we propose a model by which polar lipids in deep levels of the SC form strong hydrogen bonds with water molecules to increase the viscosity of water and slow the permeation of water through the SC. ..
- Walsh J, Carpenter S, Vander Zanden M. Invasive species triggers a massive loss of ecosystem services through a trophic cascade. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:4081-5 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the need to more fully incorporate ecosystem services into our analysis of invasive species impacts, management, and public policy. ..
- Bizzarri M, Bishop A. Recovery of Bacillus thuringiensis in vegetative form from the phylloplane of clover (Trifolium hybridum) during a growing season. J Invertebr Pathol. 2007;94:38-47 pubmed..PCR primers for an internal region of the vip3A gene produced amplification in 70% of the vegetative isolates compared to 25% of the laboratory-adapted strains tested. ..
- Mao L, Yang Y, Qiu Y, Yang Y. Annual economic impacts of seasonal influenza on US counties: spatial heterogeneity and patterns. Int J Health Geogr. 2012;11:16 pubmed publisher..Compared to the national estimates, the presented statistics and maps will offer detailed guidance for local health agencies to fight against influenza. ..
- Johnachan P, Smith G, Grant G, Hugh Jones M. Serological survey for leptospiral antibodies in goats in St Elizabeth Parish, Jamaica, 1985-1986. Trop Anim Health Prod. 1990;22:171-7 pubmed..Apart from a cluster of family goats seropositive to pomona there was no geographical separation of reactors to the other serovars tested in the parish...
- Gordon S, Callahan P, Nishioka M, Brinkman M, O Rourke M, Lebowitz M, et al. Residential environmental measurements in the national human exposure assessment survey (NHEXAS) pilot study in Arizona: preliminary results for pesticides and VOCs. J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol. 1999;9:456-70 pubmed..055 microg/g and 0.015 microg/m2; Spearman=0.644 microg/g and 0.578 microg/m2). These data suggest the importance of dermal penetration of semi-volatiles as a route of residential human exposure. ..
- Joy J, Hildreth Whitehair A. Larval habitat characterization for Aedes triseriatus (Say), the mosquito vector of LaCrosse encephalitis in West Virginia. Wilderness Environ Med. 2000;11:79-83 pubmed
- Breuner C, Orchinik M, Hahn T, Meddle S, Moore I, Owen Ashley N, et al. Differential mechanisms for regulation of the stress response across latitudinal gradients. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2003;285:R594-600 pubmed..These differences could lead to dramatically different physiological and behavioral responses to stress. ..
- Jansen H, Cutter C, Hardy S, Lehman M, Goodman R. Seasonal plasticity within the gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) system of the ewe: changes in identified GnRH inputs and glial association. Endocrinology. 2003;144:3663-76 pubmed
- Gaydos J, Crum J, Davidson W, Cross S, Owen S, Stallknecht D. Epizootiology of an epizootic hemorrhagic disease outbreak in West Virginia. J Wildl Dis. 2004;40:383-93 pubmed..This is consistent with the hypothesis that sporadic hemorrhagic disease outbreaks in the Appalachian Mountains are usually localized and severe...
- Block J, Hansen P. Interaction between season and culture with insulin-like growth factor-1 on survival of in vitro produced embryos following transfer to lactating dairy cows. Theriogenology. 2007;67:1518-29 pubmed..5%. In conclusion, treatment of embryos with IGF-1 improved pregnancy and calving rates following the transfer of in vitro produced embryos into lactating recipients, but only under heat-stress conditions. ..
- Moore J, Schindler D, Carter J, Fox J, Griffiths J, Holtgrieve G. Biotic control of stream fluxes: spawning salmon drive nutrient and matter export. Ecology. 2007;88:1278-91 pubmed
- Cook K, Rothrock M, Lovanh N, Sorrell J, Loughrin J. Spatial and temporal changes in the microbial community in an anaerobic swine waste treatment lagoon. Anaerobe. 2010;16:74-82 pubmed publisher..Seasonal changes in the microbial community in stored wastes may be (directly or indirectly) correlated with changes in malodor emissions from lagoons. ..
- Gharaibeh M, Stoecker B. Assessment of serum 25(OH)D concentration in women of childbearing age and their preschool children in Northern Jordan during summer. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2009;63:1320-6 pubmed publisher..Despite the abundant sunlight during summer, vitamin D status is a concern for mothers and children in Jordan. ..
- Webb K, Ona I, Bai J, Garrett K, Mew T, Vera Cruz C, et al. A benefit of high temperature: increased effectiveness of a rice bacterial blight disease resistance gene. New Phytol. 2010;185:568-76 pubmed publisher..We propose that Xa7 restricts disease and Xoo population size more efficiently in high temperature cropping seasons compared with cool seasons creating fluctuating selection, thereby positively impacting durability of Xa7...
- Mueller E, Frost K, Esker P, Gratton C. Seasonal phenology of Aphis glycines (Hemiptera: Aphididae) and other aphid species in cultivated bean and noncrop habitats in Wisconsin. J Econ Entomol. 2010;103:1670-81 pubmed..Viral disease onset followed peak aphid flights and further implicates A. glycines as a likely vector of viruses in commercial bean and other crops in Wisconsin. ..
- Yashiro E, McManus P. Effect of streptomycin treatment on bacterial community structure in the apple phyllosphere. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37131 pubmed publisher..We conclude that factors other than streptomycin exposure drive both the proportion of streptomycin-resistant bacteria and phylogenetic makeup of bacterial communities in the apple phyllosphere in middle to late summer. ..
- Schmickl T, Karsai I. How regulation based on a common stomach leads to economic optimization of honeybee foraging. J Theor Biol. 2016;389:274-86 pubmed publisher..Allocating more bees for pollen foraging has a detrimental effect on the nectar stores, therefore while saving larvae from starvation the 'proactive' strategy could fail to collect enough nectar for surviving winter. ..
- Epstein T, Liss G, Murphy Berendts K, Bernstein D. Risk factors for fatal and nonfatal reactions to subcutaneous immunotherapy: National surveillance study on allergen immunotherapy (2008-2013). Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2016;116:354-359.e2 pubmed publisher..Dose adjustment during pollen seasons for highly sensitive patients may reduce risks. Potential risk for SRs from off-label SLIT exists. ..
- Smylie M, McDonough C, Reed L, Shervette V. Mercury bioaccumulation in an estuarine predator: Biotic factors, abiotic factors, and assessments of fish health. Environ Pollut. 2016;214:169-176 pubmed publisher..Insights such as these can improve public health policy and environmental management decisions related to Hg pollution. ..
- Knutson A, Giles K, Royer T, Elliott N, Bradford N. Application of Pheromone Traps for Managing Hessian Fly (Diptera: Cecidomyiidae) in the Southern Great Plains. J Econ Entomol. 2017;110:1052-1061 pubmed publisher..Results identify optimum times for field sampling to determine immature Hessian fly infestations in wheat in Oklahoma and Texas. ..
- Tian D, Xie G, Tian J, Tseng K, Shum C, Lee J, et al. Spatiotemporal variability and environmental factors of harmful algal blooms (HABs) over western Lake Erie. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179622 pubmed publisher..Both consistency and differences of findings of the study with others in the region may suggest strengths and limitations of the remotely sensed imagery-based analysis, offering valuable information for future work. ..
- Howard J, Oliver J. Impact of naled (Dibrom 14) on the mosquito vectors of eastern equine encephalitis virus. J Am Mosq Control Assoc. 1997;13:315-25 pubmed..The possibility that applications of naled contributed to increased populations of Cs. melanura discredits the rationale that preventive applications of naled reduce the risk of EEE. ..
- Prendergast B, Mosinger B, Kolattukudy P, Nelson R. Hypothalamic gene expression in reproductively photoresponsive and photorefractory Siberian hamsters. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:16291-6 pubmed
- Michaels S, Bezerra I, Amasino R. FRIGIDA-related genes are required for the winter-annual habit in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:3281-5 pubmed
- Barker R, Kocan A, Ewing S, Wettemann R, Payton M. Occurrence of the Gulf Coast tick (Acari: Ixodidae) on wild and domestic mammals in north-central Oklahoma. J Med Entomol. 2004;41:170-8 pubmed..maculatum parasitism and seasonal occurrence on hosts in this study are compared with previous research conducted in Oklahoma and with collection records of A. maculatum in the Entomology Museum at Oklahoma State University. ..
- Davis R, Kolczak M, Lewis E, Nordin J, Goodman M, Shay D, et al. Active surveillance of vaccine safety: a system to detect early signs of adverse events. Epidemiology. 2005;16:336-41 pubmed..We conclude that it is feasible to develop systems for rapid and routine population-based assessments of new vaccine safety. ..
- Jones F, Chen J, Weng G, Hubbell S. A genetic evaluation of seed dispersal in the neotropical tree Jacaranda copaia (Bignoniaceae). Am Nat. 2005;166:543-55 pubmed..We discuss the results in light of different mechanisms responsible for separate distributions near the adult source and in the tail of the curve...
- Weil Z, Workman J, Nelson R. Housing condition alters immunological and reproductive responses to day length in Siberian hamsters (Phodopus sungorus). Horm Behav. 2007;52:261-6 pubmed..These data suggest that short day enhancement of immune function is independent of photoperiod-mediated changes in the reproductive system. ..
- Nagoshi R, Silvie P, Meagher R. Comparison of haplotype frequencies differentiate fall armyworm (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) corn-strain populations from Florida and Brazil. J Econ Entomol. 2007;100:954-61 pubmed
- McEniry M, Palloni A, Davila A, Gurucharri A. Early life exposure to poor nutrition and infectious diseases and its effects on the health of older Puerto Rican adults. J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 2008;63:S337-48 pubmed
- Li L, Bian L, Yakob L, Zhou G, Yan G. Temporal and spatial stability of Anopheles gambiae larval habitat distribution in Western Kenya highlands. Int J Health Geogr. 2009;8:70 pubmed publisher..Results from this study suggest that larval habitat management activities need to consider the dynamic nature of malaria vector habitats. ..
- Romero L, Wikelski M. Stress physiology as a predictor of survival in Galapagos marine iguanas. Proc Biol Sci. 2010;277:3157-62 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that a greater ability to terminate a stress response conferred a survival advantage during starvation. ..
- Thomas K, Magbalot A, Shinabarger K, Mokhnach L, Anderson M, Diercks K, et al. Seasonal mapping of NICU temperature. Adv Neonatal Care. 2010;10:S2-6 pubmed publisher..Recommendations include periodic assessment of nurseries along with air, evaporative, and radiant temperatures as well as humidity to fully appreciate the impact of the thermal environment on infants. ..
- Sloan C, Moore M, Hartert T. Impact of pollution, climate, and sociodemographic factors on spatiotemporal dynamics of seasonal respiratory viruses. Clin Transl Sci. 2011;4:48-54 pubmed publisher..They also offer suggestions for targeted interventions to reduce the disease burden from seasonal viruses...
- Carrino Kyker S, Smemo K, Burke D. The effects of pH change and NO3- pulse on microbial community structure and function: a vernal pool microcosm study. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2012;81:660-72 pubmed publisher..The functioning of natural vernal pools, which experience both persistent and short-term environmental change, may thus depend on the type and duration of the change or disturbance...
- Maher S, Kramer A, Pulliam J, Zokan M, Bowden S, Barton H, et al. Spread of white-nose syndrome on a network regulated by geography and climate. Nat Commun. 2012;3:1306 pubmed publisher..Our findings show the unique pattern of white-nose syndrome spread corresponds to ecological traits of the host and suggest hypotheses for transmission mechanisms acting at the local scale. ..
- Ingram D, Plante D. Seasonal trends in restless legs symptomatology: evidence from Internet search query data. Sleep Med. 2013;14:1364-8 pubmed publisher..Our novel finding in RLS epidemiology needs to be confirmed in additional samples, and underlying mechanisms must be elucidated. ..
- Vasey N. Niche separation in Varecia variegata rubra and Eulemur fulvus albifrons: I. Interspecific patterns. Am J Phys Anthropol. 2000;112:411-31 pubmed..v. rubra females and may be directly attributed to high energetic investment in reproduction. These results suggest that niche partitioning may be driven more by the energetic requirements of reproductive females than males...
- McLaughlin S, Wullschleger S, Nosal M. Diurnal and seasonal changes in stem increment and water use by yellow poplar trees in response to environmental stress. Tree Physiol. 2003;23:1125-36 pubmed..There were no negative effects of ozone on daily growth rates in a year of low ozone concentrations...
- Strier K, Lynch J, Ziegler T. Hormonal changes during the mating and conception seasons of wild northern muriquis (Brachyteles arachnoides hypoxanthus). Am J Primatol. 2003;61:85-99 pubmed
- Hamel O. Immunosuppression in progeny of chinook salmon infected with Renibacterium salmoninarum: re-analysis of a brood stock segregation experiment. Dis Aquat Organ. 2005;65:29-41 pubmed..Rather, the suppression of cell-mediated immune mechanisms may condemn progeny of highly infected female spawners to an almost certain eventual premature demise...
- Tiller W, Dibble W, Orlando G, Migli A, Raiteri G, Oca J. Toward general experimentation and discovery in conditioned laboratory spaces: part IV. Macroscopic information entanglement between sites approximately 6000 miles apart. J Altern Complement Med. 2005;11:973-6 pubmed..Possible enhanced entanglement occurs in remote sites located underground. These discoveries warrant further investigation since a mechanism similar to that occurring during remote healing may be involved. ..
- Hass C, Dragoo J. Rabies in hooded and striped skunks in Arizona. J Wildl Dis. 2006;42:825-9 pubmed..Skunks live-trapped during 1996-2002 had a low prevalence of rabies-virus neutralizing antibodies. This study was the first to document rabies in hooded skunks (Mephitis macroura). ..
- Jain M, Prasad P, Boote K, Hartwell A, Chourey P. Effects of season-long high temperature growth conditions on sugar-to-starch metabolism in developing microspores of grain sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L. Moench). Planta. 2007;227:67-79 pubmed
- Nowlin W, Gonzalez M, Vanni M, Stevens M, Fields M, Valente J. Allochthonous subsidy of periodical cicadas affects the dynamics and stability of pond communities. Ecology. 2007;88:2174-86 pubmed..e., the amount of cicada detritus). Our study underscores the need for theory to further explore consequences of pulsed allochthonous subsidies for food web stability. ..
- Colli J, Grant W. Solar ultraviolet B radiation compared with prostate cancer incidence and mortality rates in United States. Urology. 2008;71:531-5 pubmed publisher..Increased solar UVB radiation might reduce the risk of prostate cancer, but the efficacy depends on the season of UVB irradiance. ..
- Nowlin W, Vanni M, Yang L. Comparing resource pulses in aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems. Ecology. 2008;89:647-59 pubmed..We conclude that there is a need to elucidate the indirect effects and long-term implications of resource pulses in both terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems. ..
- Wiese F, Parrish J, Thompson C, Maranto C. Ecosystem-based management of predator-prey relationships: piscivorous birds and salmonids. Ecol Appl. 2008;18:681-700 pubmed
- Law L, Gardner R, Allen T, Lee D. Species-specific injury-induced cell proliferation in the hippocampus and subventricular zone of food-storing and nonstoring wild birds. Dev Neurobiol. 2010;70:16-27 pubmed publisher..These species differences may provide a useful model for isolating factors involved in cellular responses following injury. ..
- Tan P, Xu M, Sessler D, Bashour C. Operation timing does not affect outcome after coronary artery bypass graft surgery. Anesthesiology. 2009;111:785-9 pubmed publisher..Elective coronary artery bypass graft surgery can be scheduled throughout the workday, any day of the work week and in any month of the year without compromising outcome. ..
- Shepherd M, Singh R, Kim J, Jiang X. Effect of heat-shock treatment on the survival of Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Salmonellaenterica Typhimurium in dairy manure co-composted with vegetable wastes under field conditions. Bioresour Technol. 2010;101:5407-13 pubmed publisher..Analysis of covariance revealed that the heat-shock treatment may have induced cross-resistance to desiccation, allowing extended survival of HS E. coli O157:H7 and Salmonella at the surface of the compost heaps during the summer. ..
- Strom S, Brady R. Mercury in swamp sparrows (Melospiza georgiana) from wetland habitats in Wisconsin. Ecotoxicology. 2011;20:1694-700 pubmed publisher..Reasons for the lack of this accumulation pattern in swamp sparrows are unclear and warrant further study...
- Holeski L, Hillstrom M, Whitham T, Lindroth R. Relative importance of genetic, ontogenetic, induction, and seasonal variation in producing a multivariate defense phenotype in a foundation tree species. Oecologia. 2012;170:695-707 pubmed publisher..We conclude that, in cottonwood and likely other plant species, multiple forms of within-individual variation have the potential to substantially influence ecological and evolutionary processes. ..
- de la Iglesia H, Fernandez Duque E, Golombek D, Lanza N, Duffy J, Czeisler C, et al. Access to Electric Light Is Associated with Shorter Sleep Duration in a Traditionally Hunter-Gatherer Community. J Biol Rhythms. 2015;30:342-50 pubmed publisher..Our field study supports the notion that access to inexpensive sources of artificial light and the ability to create artificially lit environments must have been key factors in reducing sleep in industrialized human societies. ..
- Blua M, Redak R, Morgan D, Costa H. Seasonal flight activity of two Homalodisca species (Homoptera: Cicadellidae) that spread Xylella fastidiosa in southern California. J Econ Entomol. 2001;94:1506-10 pubmed..Likewise, H. lacerta in Riverside was more associated with citrus than oleander, yet H. lacerta in Palm Desert was trapped in greater numbers in oleander than citrus. ..
- Zaidan F. Variation in cottonmouth (Agkistrodon piscivorus leucostoma) resting metabolic rates. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2003;134:511-23 pubmed
- Noh Y, Bizzell C, Noh B, Schomburg F, Amasino R. EARLY FLOWERING 5 acts as a floral repressor in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2004;38:664-72 pubmed..elf5 mutations also partially suppress photoperiod-pathway mutants, and this, along with the ability of elf5 mutations to cause early flowering in short days, indicates that ELF5 also affects flowering independently of FLC. ..
- Forrester M. Epidemiology of jellyfish stings reported to poison centers in Texas. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2006;25:183-6 pubmed..Counties along the Gulf Coast accounted for 72.3% of the calls. This information can be used to identify those portions of the population most at need of education regarding the prevention and treatment of jellyfish stings...
- Deng X, Rempel M, Armstrong J, Schlenk D. Seasonal evaluation of reproductive status and exposure to environmental estrogens in hornyhead turbot at the municipal wastewater outfall of Orange County, CA. Environ Toxicol. 2007;22:464-71 pubmed..However, the histopathological and reproductive relevance of the responses appeared to be insignificant and may not affect the population in these locations...
- Oertli E, Wilson P, Hunt P, Sidwa T, Rohde R. Epidemiology of rabies in skunks in Texas. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2009;234:616-20 pubmed publisher..Information on the epidemiology of rabies in skunks may be useful in planning and implementing local, state, and national rabies control and prevention campaigns. ..
- Goode L, Erhardt E, Santiago L, Allen M. Carbon stable isotopic composition of soluble sugars in Tillandsia epiphytes varies in response to shifts in habitat. Oecologia. 2010;163:583-90 pubmed publisher..C isotopic analysis of sugars together with bulk leaf tissue offers a useful approach for incorporating short- and long-term measurements of C isotope discrimination during photosynthesis. ..
- Ibekwe A, Papiernik S, Yang C. Influence of soil fumigation by methyl bromide and methyl iodide on rhizosphere and phyllosphere microbial community structure. J Environ Sci Health B. 2010;45:427-36 pubmed publisher..Based on our data, methyl bromide (MeBr) and methyl iodide (MeI) did not have any significant negative effects on rhizosphere and phyllosphere microbial communities throughout the growing period of lettuce. ..
- Snider T, Sepoy C, Holyoak G. Equine endometrial biopsy reviewed: observation, interpretation, and application of histopathologic data. Theriogenology. 2011;75:1567-81 pubmed publisher..We present this review in three parts: 1) how observational data are acquired; 2) how these data are interpreted; and 3) how these data are applied in equine reproduction science and medicine...
- O Brien K, Morrison T, Dundore D, Heise M, Schultz Cherry S. A protective role for complement C3 protein during pandemic 2009 H1N1 and H5N1 influenza A virus infection. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17377 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that although the levels of complement activation may differ depending on the influenza virus subtype, complement is an important host defense mechanism. ..