Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on salmonella enteritidis in Belgium
Topic: salmonella enteritidis
- Van Immerseel F, De Buck J, Pasmans F, Bohez L, Boyen F, Haesebrouck F, et al. Intermittent long-term shedding and induction of carrier birds after infection of chickens early posthatch with a low or high dose of Salmonella enteritidis. Poult Sci. 2004;83:1911-6 pubmed..It can be concluded that infection of newly hatched chicks with a low dose of Salmonella Enteritidis can lead to persistent infection until onset of lay, hereby excreting Salmonella bacteria intermittently. ..
- Van Immerseel F, Boyen F, Gantois I, Timbermont L, Bohez L, Pasmans F, et al. Supplementation of coated butyric acid in the feed reduces colonization and shedding of Salmonella in poultry. Poult Sci. 2005;84:1851-6 pubmed..enteritidis bacteria in the ceca at slaughter age, although at enrichment level...
- Gantois I, Ducatelle R, Timbermont L, Boyen F, Bohez L, Haesebrouck F, et al. Oral immunisation of laying hens with the live vaccine strains of TAD Salmonella vac E and TAD Salmonella vac T reduces internal egg contamination with Salmonella Enteritidis. Vaccine. 2006;24:6250-5 pubmed..In conclusion, these data indicate that vaccination of laying hens with these live vaccines could be considered as a valuable tool in controlling internal egg contamination. ..
- Bohez L, Gantois I, Ducatelle R, Pasmans F, Dewulf J, Haesebrouck F, et al. The Salmonella Pathogenicity Island 2 regulator ssrA promotes reproductive tract but not intestinal colonization in chickens. Vet Microbiol. 2008;126:216-24 pubmed..These findings indicate that the SPI-2 regulator ssrA promotes reproductive tract colonization, but is not essential for intestinal colonization of chickens with the host non-specific serotype Enteritidis...
- Bohez L, Dewulf J, Ducatelle R, Pasmans F, Haesebrouck F, Van Immerseel F. The effect of oral administration of a homologous hilA mutant strain on the long-term colonization and transmission of Salmonella Enteritidis in broiler chickens. Vaccine. 2008;26:372-8 pubmed
- Eeckhaut V, Van Immerseel F, Dewulf J, Pasmans F, Haesebrouck F, Ducatelle R, et al. Arabinoxylooligosaccharides from wheat bran inhibit Salmonella colonization in broiler chickens. Poult Sci. 2008;87:2329-34 pubmed publisher..2% AXOS-9-0.25. It was concluded that dietary addition of AXOS provides dose-dependent protection against oral infections with Salmonella Enteritidis in poultry. ..