Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae proteins in Mexico
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae proteins
- Pérez Gallardo R, Briones L, Díaz Pérez A, Gutiérrez S, Rodriguez Zavala J, Campos García J. Reactive oxygen species production induced by ethanol in Saccharomyces cerevisiae increases because of a dysfunctional mitochondrial iron-sulfur cluster assembly system. FEMS Yeast Res. 2013;13:804-19 pubmed publisher..In addition, mutations in the ISC genes in S. cerevisiae contribute to the increase in ROS concentration at the mitochondrial and cellular level, leading to depletion of the antioxidant responses and finally to mitochondrial apoptosis...
- Mayorga J, Camacho Villasana Y, ShingÃº VÃ¡zquez M, GarcÃa Villegas R, Zamudio Ochoa A, GarcÃa Guerrero A, et al. A Novel Function of Pet54 in Regulation of Cox1 Synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae Mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:9343-55 pubmed publisher..Pet54 may play a role in Mss51 hemylation/conformational change necessary for translational activity. Moreover, Pet54 physically interacts with the COX1 mRNA, and this binding was independent of the presence of Mss51. ..
- De Silva D, Poliquin S, Zeng R, Zamudio Ochoa A, Marrero N, Perez Martinez X, et al. The DEAD-box helicase Mss116 plays distinct roles in mitochondrial ribogenesis and mRNA-specific translation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:6628-6643 pubmed publisher..Overall, we conclude that the different functions of Mss116 in the biogenesis and functioning of the mitochondrial translation machinery depend on Mss116 interplay with its protein cofactors. ..
- Avendaño A, Riego L, DeLuna A, Aranda C, Romero G, Ishida C, et al. Swi/SNF-GCN5-dependent chromatin remodelling determines induced expression of GDH3, one of the paralogous genes responsible for ammonium assimilation and glutamate biosynthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Microbiol. 2005;57:291-305 pubmed
- Gutiérrez Aguilar M, Perez Martinez X, Chávez E, Uribe Carvajal S. In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, the phosphate carrier is a component of the mitochondrial unselective channel. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2010;494:184-91 pubmed publisher..1 kDa PEG evidenced a higher sensitivity in mitochondria from the mutant strain. The above data suggest that the phosphate carrier is the phosphate sensor in YMUC and contributes to the structure of this channel. ..
- Hernández H, Aranda C, Riego L, Gonzalez A. Gln3-Gcn4 hybrid transcriptional activator determines catabolic and biosynthetic gene expression in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;404:859-64 pubmed publisher..We propose that the combination of Gln3 and Gcn4 results in the constitution of a hybrid modulator which elicits a novel transcriptional response, not evoked when these modulators act in a non-combinatorial fashion. ..
- Colón M, Hernandez F, Lopez K, Quezada H, González J, López G, et al. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Bat1 and Bat2 aminotransferases have functionally diverged from the ancestral-like Kluyveromyces lactis orthologous enzyme. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16099 pubmed publisher..lactis has been distributed in the two paralogous genes present in S. cerevisiae, and whether this conservation has impacted S. cerevisiae metabolism...