Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae proteins in Austria
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae proteins
- Weghuber J, Dieterich F, Froschauer E, Svidova S, Schweyen R. Mutational analysis of functional domains in Mrs2p, the mitochondrial Mg2+ channel protein of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEBS J. 2006;273:1198-209 pubmed..Data presented support the notion that effects of mutations in Mrs2p on group II intron splicing are a consequence of changes in steady-state mitochondrial Mg2+ concentrations. ..
- Sollner S, Nebauer R, Ehammer H, Prem A, Deller S, Palfey B, et al. Lot6p from Saccharomyces cerevisiae is a FMN-dependent reductase with a potential role in quinone detoxification. FEBS J. 2007;274:1328-39 pubmed..In vivo experiments demonstrate that the enzymatic activity of Lot6p is consistent with the phenotype of both Deltalot6 and Lot6p overexpressing strains, suggesting that Lot6p may play a role in managing oxidative stress in yeast. ..
- Di Bartolomeo F, Doan K, Athenstaedt K, Becker T, Daum G. Involvement of a putative substrate binding site in the biogenesis and assembly of phosphatidylserine decarboxylase 1 from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2017;1862:716-725 pubmed publisher..Our data show that mutations in this motif affect processing and stability of Psd1p, and consequently the enzyme's activity. Thus, we conclude that this consensus motif is essential for structural integrity and processing of Psd1p. ..
- Froschauer E, Nowikovsky K, Schweyen R. Electroneutral K+/H+ exchange in mitochondrial membrane vesicles involves Yol027/Letm1 proteins. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1711:41-8 pubmed..Considering their newly identified function, we propose to refer to the yeast YOL027c gene and the human LETM1 gene as yMKH1 and hMKH1, respectively. ..
- Rajakumari S, Daum G. Multiple functions as lipase, steryl ester hydrolase, phospholipase, and acyltransferase of Tgl4p from the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:15769-76 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data suggest that yeast Tgl4p functions as a hydrolytic enzyme in lipid degradation but also contributes to fatty acid channeling and phospholipid remodeling. ..
- Piper P, Mahe Y, Thompson S, Pandjaitan R, Holyoak C, Egner R, et al. The pdr12 ABC transporter is required for the development of weak organic acid resistance in yeast. EMBO J. 1998;17:4257-65 pubmed..The data also have important biotechnological implications, as they suggest that the inhibition of this transporter could be a strategy for preventing food spoilage...
- Lusser A, Eberharter A, Loidl A, Goralik Schramel M, Horngacher M, Haas H, et al. Analysis of the histone acetyltransferase B complex of maize embryos. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:4427-35 pubmed..Regardless of its predominant cytoplasmic localization, a significant proportion of HAT-B-p50 is present in nuclei, irrespective of the cell cycle stage, suggesting an additional nuclear function. ..
- Haering C, Nasmyth K. Building and breaking bridges between sister chromatids. Bioessays. 2003;25:1178-91 pubmed..New research suggests that these ancient regulators of chromosome structure might function as topological devices that trap chromosomal DNA between 50 nm long coiled coils. ..
- Baumgartner U, Hamilton B, Piskacek M, Ruis H, Rottensteiner H. Functional analysis of the Zn(2)Cys(6) transcription factors Oaf1p and Pip2p. Different roles in fatty acid induction of beta-oxidation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:22208-16 pubmed..These findings allow us to postulate a model for carbon source-regulated transcription of peroxisomal protein genes. ..
- Froschauer E, Schweyen R, Wiesenberger G. The yeast mitochondrial carrier proteins Mrs3p/Mrs4p mediate iron transport across the inner mitochondrial membrane. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1788:1044-50 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the carrier proteins Mrs3p and Mrs4p transport Fe(2+) across the inner mitochondrial membrane. Their activity is dependent on the pH gradient and it is stimulated by iron shortage. ..
- Kratzer R, Egger S, Nidetzky B. Integration of enzyme, strain and reaction engineering to overcome limitations of baker's yeast in the asymmetric reduction of alpha-keto esters. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2008;101:1094-101 pubmed publisher..4% enantiomeric excess. The obtained co-substrate yield reached values of greater than 1.0 with acetate as the only by-product formed. ..
- Salah S, Nasmyth K. Destruction of the securin Pds1p occurs at the onset of anaphase during both meiotic divisions in yeast. Chromosoma. 2000;109:27-34 pubmed..We also show that securin destruction depends on Cdc20p which accumulates within nuclei around the time of Pds1p's disappearance. ..
- Petronczki M, Chwalla B, Siomos M, Yokobayashi S, Helmhart W, Deutschbauer A, et al. Sister-chromatid cohesion mediated by the alternative RF-CCtf18/Dcc1/Ctf8, the helicase Chl1 and the polymerase-alpha-associated protein Ctf4 is essential for chromatid disjunction during meiosis II. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:3547-59 pubmed..Our finding that mutants in fission yeast ctf18 and dcc1 have similar defects suggests that the involvement of the alternative RF-C(Ctf18/Dcc1/Ctf8) complex in sister chromatid cohesion might be highly conserved. ..
- Schneiter R, Brugger B, Sandhoff R, Zellnig G, Leber A, Lampl M, et al. Electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry (ESI-MS/MS) analysis of the lipid molecular species composition of yeast subcellular membranes reveals acyl chain-based sorting/remodeling of distinct molecular species en route to the plasma membrane. J Cell Biol. 1999;146:741-54 pubmed..This observation suggests that acyl chain-based sorting and/or remodeling mechanisms are operating to maintain the specific lipid molecular species composition of the yeast plasma membrane. ..
- Hosiner D, Sponder G, Graschopf A, Reipert S, Schweyen R, Schüller C, et al. Pun1p is a metal ion-inducible, calcineurin/Crz1p-regulated plasma membrane protein required for cell wall integrity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1808:1108-19 pubmed publisher..We propose that Pun1p is a stress-regulated factor required for cell wall integrity, thereby expanding the functional significance of lateral plasma membrane compartments. ..
- Grillitsch K, Connerth M, Köfeler H, Arrey T, Rietschel B, Wagner B, et al. Lipid particles/droplets of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae revisited: lipidome meets proteome. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1811:1165-76 pubmed publisher..In summary, we demonstrate flexibility of the yeast LP lipidome and proteome and the ability of LP to adapt to environmental changes. ..
- Pavlik P, Simon M, Schuster T, Ruis H. The glycerol kinase (GUT1) gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae: cloning and characterization. Curr Genet. 1993;24:21-5 pubmed..No glycerol kinase activity was detected in the disruption mutant. According to enzyme activity and transcript analysis, synthesis of glycerol kinase is repressed by glucose, and derepression is ADR1-dependent. ..
- Cziferszky A, Seiboth B, Kubicek C. The Snf1 kinase of the filamentous fungus Hypocrea jecorina phosphorylates regulation-relevant serine residues in the yeast carbon catabolite repressor Mig1 but not in the filamentous fungal counterpart Cre1. Fungal Genet Biol. 2003;40:166-75 pubmed..We conclude that the Snf1 kinase from H. jecorina is not involved in the phosphorylation of Cre1...
- Rockenfeller P, Ring J, Muschett V, Beranek A, Buettner S, Carmona Gutierrez D, et al. Fatty acids trigger mitochondrion-dependent necrosis. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:2836-42 pubmed..We conclude that lipotoxicity is executed via a mitochondrial necrotic pathway, challenging the dogma that the adverse effects of lipid stress are exclusively apoptotic. ..
- Benito Moreno R, Miaczynska M, Bauer B, Schweyen R, Ragnini A. Mrs6p, the yeast homologue of the mammalian choroideraemia protein: immunological evidence for its function as the Ypt1p Rab escort protein. Curr Genet. 1994;27:23-5 pubmed..These findings provide direct evidence for the role of Mrs6p as the REP component of the yeast Rab geranylgeranyl transferase enzyme. ..
- Gurvitz A, Langer S, Piskacek M, Hamilton B, Ruis H, Hartig A. Predicting the function and subcellular location of Caenorhabditis elegans proteins similar to Saccharomyces cerevisiae beta-oxidation enzymes. Yeast. 2000;17:188-200 pubmed
- Eisenkolb M, Zenzmaier C, Leitner E, Schneiter R. A specific structural requirement for ergosterol in long-chain fatty acid synthesis mutants important for maintaining raft domains in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:4414-28 pubmed
- Tanaka T, Nasmyth K. Association of RPA with chromosomal replication origins requires an Mcm protein, and is regulated by Rad53, and cyclin- and Dbf4-dependent kinases. EMBO J. 1998;17:5182-91 pubmed..Thus, in the presence of active S-CDKs and Dbf4/Cdc7, Mcms may open origins and thereby facilitate the loading of RPA. ..
- Sorger D, Daum G. Synthesis of triacylglycerols by the acyl-coenzyme A:diacyl-glycerol acyltransferase Dga1p in lipid particles of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:519-24 pubmed..In conclusion, at least three different pathways are involved in the formation of storage TAG in the yeast. ..
- Panizza S, Mendoza M, Berlinger M, Huang L, Nicolas A, Shirahige K, et al. Spo11-accessory proteins link double-strand break sites to the chromosome axis in early meiotic recombination. Cell. 2011;146:372-83 pubmed publisher..Loss of Rec114, Mer2, and Mei4 binding correlates with loss of DSBs. Our results strongly suggest that hotspot sequences become tethered to axis sites by the DSB machinery prior to DSB formation. ..
- Alepuz P, Jovanovic A, Reiser V, Ammerer G. Stress-induced map kinase Hog1 is part of transcription activation complexes. Mol Cell. 2001;7:767-77 pubmed..Additional findings highlight the possibility that Hog1 constitutes an integral part of the upstream activation complex, perhaps targeting not only the activator but also components of the general transcription machinery. ..
- Zwirn P, Stary S, Luschnig C, Bachmair A. Arabidopsis thaliana RAD6 homolog AtUBC2 complements UV sensitivity, but not N-end rule degradation deficiency, of Saccharomyces cerevisiae rad6 mutants. Curr Genet. 1997;32:309-14 pubmed..It was found to partially complement the UV sensitivity and reduced growth rate of rad6 mutants at elevated temperatures. AtUBC2 however, has no apparent influence on the degradation of N-end rule substrates in the heterologous host. ..
- Nebauer R, Schuiki I, Kulterer B, Trajanoski Z, Daum G. The phosphatidylethanolamine level of yeast mitochondria is affected by the mitochondrial components Oxa1p and Yme1p. FEBS J. 2007;274:6180-90 pubmed..In summary, our results demonstrate a link between the mitochondrial protein import machinery, assembly and stability of Psd1p, and phosphatidylethanolamine homeostasis in yeast mitochondria. ..
- Haering C, L we J, Hochwagen A, Nasmyth K. Molecular architecture of SMC proteins and the yeast cohesin complex. Mol Cell. 2002;9:773-88 pubmed..The two heads of the V-shaped dimer are connected by different ends of the cleavable Scc1 subunit. Cohesin therefore forms a large proteinaceous loop within which sister chromatids might be entrapped after DNA replication...
- Zakalskiy A, Högenauer G, Ishikawa T, Wehrschütz Sigl E, Wendler F, Teis D, et al. Structural and enzymatic properties of the AAA protein Drg1p from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Decoupling of intracellular function from ATPase activity and hexamerization. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:26788-95 pubmed..These observations are discussed in terms of the inter-relationship of ATPase activity per se, oligomeric status, and intracellular function for AAA proteins. ..
- Ivashov V, Zellnig G, Grillitsch K, Daum G. Identification of triacylglycerol and steryl ester synthases of the methylotrophic yeast Pichia pastoris. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1831:1158-66 pubmed publisher..pastoris and demonstrate specific features of this machinery in comparison to other eukaryotic cells, especially S. cerevisiae...
- SchÃ¼tze T, Ulrich A, Apelt L, Will C, Bartlick N, Seeger M, et al. Multiple protein-protein interactions converging on the Prp38 protein during activation of the human spliceosome. RNA. 2016;22:265-77 pubmed publisher..Our results show that human Prp38 is an unusual SR protein, whose amino-terminal domain is a multi-interface protein-protein interaction platform that might organize the relative positioning of other proteins during splicing. ..
- Gsaller F, Eisendle M, Lechner B, Schrettl M, Lindner H, Muller D, et al. The interplay between vacuolar and siderophore-mediated iron storage in Aspergillus fumigatus. Metallomics. 2012;4:1262-70 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study indicates that CccA does not play an exclusive role in vacuolar iron storage for nutritional reuse...
- Schmidt O, Weyer Y, Fink M, Muller M, Weys S, Bindreither M, et al. Regulation of Rab5 isoforms by transcriptional and post-transcriptional mechanisms in yeast. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:2803-2815 pubmed publisher..Once this regulation is bypassed, Ypt53 protein levels surpass Vps21, and Ypt53 is sufficient to maintain endosomal function and cell growth. ..
- Katis V, Galova M, Rabitsch K, Gregan J, Nasmyth K. Maintenance of cohesin at centromeres after meiosis I in budding yeast requires a kinetochore-associated protein related to MEI-S332. Curr Biol. 2004;14:560-72 pubmed
- Wiesenberger G, Link T, von Ahsen U, Waldherr M, Schweyen R. MRS3 and MRS4, two suppressors of mtRNA splicing defects in yeast, are new members of the mitochondrial carrier family. J Mol Biol. 1991;217:23-37 pubmed..The findings are discussed in relation to possible functions of the MRS proteins in mitochondrial solute translocation and RNA splicing. ..
- Teis D, Saksena S, Judson B, Emr S. ESCRT-II coordinates the assembly of ESCRT-III filaments for cargo sorting and multivesicular body vesicle formation. EMBO J. 2010;29:871-83 pubmed publisher..We propose that ESCRT-II serves as a scaffold that nucleates the assembly of two Snf7 oligomers, which together are required for cargo sequestration and vesicle formation during MVB sorting. ..
- Bauer B, Rossington D, Mollapour M, Mamnun Y, Kuchler K, Piper P. Weak organic acid stress inhibits aromatic amino acid uptake by yeast, causing a strong influence of amino acid auxotrophies on the phenotypes of membrane transporter mutants. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:3189-95 pubmed..These transporters do not confer resistance to high acetate levels and, in prototrophs, their presence is actually detrimental for this resistance...
- Cvrckova F, De Virgilio C, Manser E, Pringle J, Nasmyth K. Ste20-like protein kinases are required for normal localization of cell growth and for cytokinesis in budding yeast. Genes Dev. 1995;9:1817-30 pubmed..Mutations in CDC12, which encodes one of the septins, were found in the same screen. Cla4 and Ste20 kinases apparently share a function in localizing cell growth with respect to the septin ring. ..
- Kramer E, Scheuringer N, Podtelejnikov A, Mann M, Peters J. Mitotic regulation of the APC activator proteins CDC20 and CDH1. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:1555-69 pubmed..These mechanisms can explain the temporal order of APC activation by CDC20 and CDH1 and may help to ensure that exit from mitosis is not initiated before anaphase has occurred. ..
- Schneiter R, Guerra C, Lampl M, Gogg G, Kohlwein S, Klein H. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae hyperrecombination mutant hpr1Delta is synthetically lethal with two conditional alleles of the acetyl coenzyme A carboxylase gene and causes a defect in nuclear export of polyadenylated RNA. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:3415-22 pubmed
- Wolfger H, Mahe Y, Parle McDermott A, Delahodde A, Kuchler K. The yeast ATP binding cassette (ABC) protein genes PDR10 and PDR15 are novel targets for the Pdr1 and Pdr3 transcriptional regulators. FEBS Lett. 1997;418:269-74 pubmed
- Mitterbauer R, Karl T, Adam G. Saccharomyces cerevisiae URH1 (encoding uridine-cytidine N-ribohydrolase): functional complementation by a nucleoside hydrolase from a protozoan parasite and by a mammalian uridine phosphorylase. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2002;68:1336-43 pubmed..Growth can also be restored by expression of a human uridine phosphorylase cDNA. Yeast strains expressing protozoan N-ribohydrolases or host phosphorylases could therefore become useful tools in drug screens for specific inhibitors. ..
- Wintersberger U, Kuhne C, Karwan A. Scp160p, a new yeast protein associated with the nuclear membrane and the endoplasmic reticulum, is necessary for maintenance of exact ploidy. Yeast. 1995;11:929-44 pubmed..Taken together the data suggest that the Scp160 protein is required during cell division for faithful partitioning of the ER-nuclear envelope membranes which in S. cerevisiae enclose the duplicated chromosomes. ..
- Würleitner E, Pera L, Wacenovsky C, Cziferszky A, Zeilinger S, Kubicek C, et al. Transcriptional regulation of xyn2 in Hypocrea jecorina. Eukaryot Cell. 2003;2:150-8 pubmed..These data support a model of xyn2 regulation based on the interplay of Hap2/3/5, Ace2 and the AGAA-box binding repressor...
- Cvrckova F, Nasmyth K. Yeast G1 cyclins CLN1 and CLN2 and a GAP-like protein have a role in bud formation. EMBO J. 1993;12:5277-86 pubmed..This suggests that Cln1 and Cln2 may have a direct role in bud formation. ..
- Rottensteiner H, Kal A, Hamilton B, Ruis H, Tabak H. A heterodimer of the Zn2Cys6 transcription factors Pip2p and Oaf1p controls induction of genes encoding peroxisomal proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eur J Biochem. 1997;247:776-83 pubmed..Pip2p and Oaf1p form an example of a heterodimere of yeast Zn2Cys6 zinc-finger proteins binding to DNA. ..
- Brocard C, Lametschwandtner G, Koudelka R, Hartig A. Pex14p is a member of the protein linkage map of Pex5p. EMBO J. 1997;16:5491-500 pubmed
- Durchschlag E, Reiter W, Ammerer G, Schüller C. Nuclear localization destabilizes the stress-regulated transcription factor Msn2. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:55425-32 pubmed
- Lorenz A, Wells J, Pryce D, Novatchkova M, Eisenhaber F, McFarlane R, et al. S. pombe meiotic linear elements contain proteins related to synaptonemal complex components. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:3343-51 pubmed..These observations indicate the evolutionary relationship of LEs with the lateral elements of SCs and suggest that these structures might exert similar functions in S. cerevisiae and S. pombe. ..
- Dudas A, Ahmad S, Gregan J. Sgo1 is required for co-segregation of sister chromatids during achiasmate meiosis I. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:951-5 pubmed..Our data are consistent with the notion that sister kinetochores are frequently bi-oriented in the absence of chiasmata and that Sgo1 prevents equational segregation of sister chromatids during achiasmate meiosis I...
- Ploier B, Scharwey M, Koch B, Schmidt C, Schatte J, Rechberger G, et al. Screening for hydrolytic enzymes reveals Ayr1p as a novel triacylglycerol lipase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:36061-72 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we discuss a possible link between lipid storage, lipid mobilization, and peroxisomal utilization of fatty acids as a carbon source. ..
- Ruckenstuhl C, Eidenberger A, Lang S, Turnowsky F. Single amino acid exchanges in FAD-binding domains of squalene epoxidase of Saccharomyces cerevisiae lead to either loss of functionality or terbinafine sensitivity. Biochem Soc Trans. 2005;33:1197-201 pubmed..These results describe the importance of specific amino acids for enzymatic activity in the yeast squalene epoxidase Erg1p. ..
- Heier C, Taschler U, Rengachari S, Oberer M, Wolinski H, Natter K, et al. Identification of Yju3p as functional orthologue of mammalian monoglyceride lipase in the yeast Saccharomycescerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1801:1063-71 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our studies suggest that catabolic and anabolic reactions affect cellular MAG levels. Yju3p is the functional orthologue of mammalian MGL and is required for efficient degradation of MAG in yeast. ..
- Hauf S, Waizenegger I, Peters J. Cohesin cleavage by separase required for anaphase and cytokinesis in human cells. Science. 2001;293:1320-3 pubmed..Our results indicate that cohesin cleavage by separase is essential for sister chromatid separation and for the completion of cytokinesis. ..
- Schüller C, Mamnun Y, Wolfger H, Rockwell N, Thorner J, Kuchler K. Membrane-active compounds activate the transcription factors Pdr1 and Pdr3 connecting pleiotropic drug resistance and membrane lipid homeostasis in saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:4932-44 pubmed
- Krahulec S, Klimacek M, Nidetzky B. Analysis and prediction of the physiological effects of altered coenzyme specificity in xylose reductase and xylitol dehydrogenase during xylose fermentation by Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biotechnol. 2012;158:192-202 pubmed publisher..A criterion of physiological fitness is developed for engineered XR working together with wild-type XDH...
- Grossberger R, Gieffers C, Zachariae W, Podtelejnikov A, Schleiffer A, Nasmyth K, et al. Characterization of the DOC1/APC10 subunit of the yeast and the human anaphase-promoting complex. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:14500-7 pubmed..DOC domains may therefore be important for reactions catalyzed by several types of ubiquitin-protein ligases. ..
- Bui D, Gregan J, Jarosch E, Ragnini A, Schweyen R. The bacterial magnesium transporter CorA can functionally substitute for its putative homologue Mrs2p in the yeast inner mitochondrial membrane. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:20438-43 pubmed..Mutants lacking or overproducing Mrs2p exhibit phenotypes consistent with the involvement of Mrs2p in mitochondrial Mg2+ homeostasis. ..
- Gregan J, Bui D, Pillich R, Fink M, Zsurka G, Schweyen R. The mitochondrial inner membrane protein Lpe10p, a homologue of Mrs2p, is essential for magnesium homeostasis and group II intron splicing in yeast. Mol Gen Genet. 2001;264:773-81 pubmed..However, they cannot easily substitute for each other. Their roles in magnesium homeostasis and, possibly as a secondary effect, in RNA splicing are discussed. ..
- Koranda M, Schleiffer A, Endler L, Ammerer G. Forkhead-like transcription factors recruit Ndd1 to the chromatin of G2/M-specific promoters. Nature. 2000;406:94-8 pubmed..We conclude that Ndd1-Fkh2 interactions may be the transcriptionally important process targeted by Cdk activity. ..
- Kolisek M, Zsurka G, Samaj J, Weghuber J, Schweyen R, Schweigel M. Mrs2p is an essential component of the major electrophoretic Mg2+ influx system in mitochondria. EMBO J. 2003;22:1235-44 pubmed..Taken together, these findings characterize Mrs2p as the first molecularly identified metal ion channel protein in the inner mitochondrial membrane. ..
- Teige M, Scheikl E, Reiser V, Ruis H, Ammerer G. Rck2, a member of the calmodulin-protein kinase family, links protein synthesis to high osmolarity MAP kinase signaling in budding yeast. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:5625-30 pubmed..Therefore, we propose that the transient down-regulation of protein synthesis after osmotic shock is a response not to damage but to an extracellular signal mediated by Hog1 and Rck2. ..
- Felder T, Bogengruber E, Tenreiro S, Ellinger A, Sá Correia I, Briza P. Dtrlp, a multidrug resistance transporter of the major facilitator superfamily, plays an essential role in spore wall maturation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eukaryot Cell. 2002;1:799-810 pubmed..Dtrlp is the first multidrug resistance protein of the major facilitator superfamily with an assigned physiological role in the yeast cell. ..
- Wirth K, Ricci R, Giménez Abián J, Taghybeeglu S, Kudo N, Jochum W, et al. Loss of the anaphase-promoting complex in quiescent cells causes unscheduled hepatocyte proliferation. Genes Dev. 2004;18:88-98 pubmed..Re-entry into the cell cycle either occurred without any proliferative stimulus or could be easily induced. We demonstrate that the APC has an additional function to prevent hepatocytes from unscheduled re-entry into the cell cycle. ..
- Rinnerthaler M, Jarolim S, Heeren G, Palle E, Perju S, Klinger H, et al. MMI1 (YKL056c, TMA19), the yeast orthologue of the translationally controlled tumor protein (TCTP) has apoptotic functions and interacts with both microtubules and mitochondria. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1757:631-8 pubmed..Our results so far indicate that Mmi1p is one of the few proteins establishing a functional link between microtubules and mitochondria which may be needed for correct localization of mitochondria during cell division. ..
- Pertschy B, Zisser G, Schein H, Köffel R, Rauch G, Grillitsch K, et al. Diazaborine treatment of yeast cells inhibits maturation of the 60S ribosomal subunit. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:6476-87 pubmed
- Kurat C, Natter K, Petschnigg J, Wolinski H, Scheuringer K, Scholz H, et al. Obese yeast: triglyceride lipolysis is functionally conserved from mammals to yeast. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:491-500 pubmed..Our data identify yeast Tgl4 as a functional ortholog of mammalian adipose triglyceride lipase. ..
- Jandrositz A, Petschnigg J, Zimmermann R, Natter K, Scholze H, Hermetter A, et al. The lipid droplet enzyme Tgl1p hydrolyzes both steryl esters and triglycerides in the yeast, Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1735:50-8 pubmed..cerevisiae. In a tgl1 deletion mutant, the mobilization of steryl esters in vivo was delayed, but not abolished, suggesting the existence of additional enzymes involved in steryl ester mobilization. ..
- Haering C, Schoffnegger D, Nishino T, Helmhart W, Nasmyth K, Lowe J. Structure and stability of cohesin's Smc1-kleisin interaction. Mol Cell. 2004;15:951-64 pubmed..There is little or no turnover of Smc1-Scc1 interactions within cohesin complexes in vivo because expression of noncleavable Scc1 after DNA replication does not hinder anaphase. ..
- Gregori C, Bauer B, Schwartz C, Kren A, Schüller C, Kuchler K. A genetic screen identifies mutations in the yeast WAR1 gene, linking transcription factor phosphorylation to weak-acid stress adaptation. FEBS J. 2007;274:3094-107 pubmed
- Thyagarajan B, Poteser M, Romanin C, Kahr H, Zhu M, Groschner K. Expression of Trp3 determines sensitivity of capacitative Ca2+ entry to nitric oxide and mitochondrial Ca2+ handling: evidence for a role of Trp3 as a subunit of capacitative Ca2+ entry channels. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:48149-58 pubmed..Moreover, we show for the first time that Trp3 expression determines biophysical properties as well as regulation of CCE channels by NO and mitochondrial Ca(2+) handling. Thus, we propose Trp3 as a subunit of CCE channels...
- Kraft C, Vodermaier H, Maurer Stroh S, Eisenhaber F, Peters J. The WD40 propeller domain of Cdh1 functions as a destruction box receptor for APC/C substrates. Mol Cell. 2005;18:543-53 pubmed..Our data imply that APC/C is activated by the association of Cdh1 with Cdc27, which enables APC/C to recognize the D box of substrates via Cdh1's propeller domain. ..
- Brocard C, Kragler F, Simon M, Schuster T, Hartig A. The tetratricopeptide repeat-domain of the PAS10 protein of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is essential for binding the peroxisomal targeting signal-SKL. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;204:1016-22 pubmed..Here we show that the PAS10 protein interacts in vivo with the C-terminal peroxisomal targeting signal. The part essential for this interaction contains the complete tetratricopeptide repeat domain. ..
- Toshima J, Horikomi C, Okada A, Hatori M, Nagano M, Masuda A, et al. Srv2/CAP is required for polarized actin cable assembly and patch internalization during clathrin-mediated endocytosis. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:367-79 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the in vivo roles of Srv2p in the regulation of the actin cytoskeleton during clathrin-mediated endocytosis. ..
- Bauer B, Lorenzetti S, Miaczynska M, Bui D, Schweyen R, Ragnini A. Amino- and carboxy-terminal domains of the yeast Rab escort protein are both required for binding of Ypt small G proteins. Mol Biol Cell. 1996;7:1521-33 pubmed..This analysis has shown that the SCRs are necessary but not sufficient for Ypt1p binding by the yeast REP, the carboxy-terminal region also being required. ..
- Petronczki M, Matos J, Mori S, Gregan J, Bogdanova A, Schwickart M, et al. Monopolar attachment of sister kinetochores at meiosis I requires casein kinase 1. Cell. 2006;126:1049-64 pubmed
- Görner W, Durchschlag E, Martinez Pastor M, Estruch F, Ammerer G, Hamilton B, et al. Nuclear localization of the C2H2 zinc finger protein Msn2p is regulated by stress and protein kinase A activity. Genes Dev. 1998;12:586-97 pubmed..We propose stress and cAMP-regulated intracellular localization of Msn2p to be a key step in STRE-dependent transcription and in the general stress response. ..
- VALASEK L, Trachsel H, Hasek J, Ruis H. Rpg1, the Saccharomyces cerevisiae homologue of the largest subunit of mammalian translation initiation factor 3, is required for translational activity. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:21253-60 pubmed..These data show that Rpg1p is an authentic eIF3 subunit and plays an important role in the initiation step of translation. ..
- Jantsch V, Pasierbek P, Mueller M, Schweizer D, Jantsch M, Loidl J. Targeted gene knockout reveals a role in meiotic recombination for ZHP-3, a Zip3-related protein in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:7998-8006 pubmed..Green fluorescent protein-tagged C. elegans ZHP-3 forms lines between synapsed chromosomes and requires the SC for its proper localization. ..
- Steinboeck F, Krupanska L, Bogusch A, Kaufmann A, Heidenreich E. Novel regulatory properties of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Arp4. J Biochem. 2006;139:741-51 pubmed..The same effect was observed upon treatment with rapamycin, indicating an unexpected relationship of Arp4 to TOR-mediated cell cycle arrest. ..
- Miaczynska M, Lorenzetti S, Bialek U, Benito Moreno R, Schweyen R, Ragnini A. The yeast Rab escort protein binds intracellular membranes in vivo and in vitro. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:16972-7 pubmed..We also report that the C terminus of Mrs6p is important for maintaining the solubility of the protein because its deletion or replacement with the C terminus of RabGDI results in a protein that localizes only to membranes. ..
- Alexandru G, Zachariae W, Schleiffer A, Nasmyth K. Sister chromatid separation and chromosome re-duplication are regulated by different mechanisms in response to spindle damage. EMBO J. 1999;18:2707-21 pubmed..Blocking APCCdh1-mediated Clb2 proteolysis and chromosome re-duplication does not require Mad2 but a different protein, Bub2. Our data imply that Mad1, Mad2, Mad3 and Bub1 regulate APCCdc20, whereas Bub2 regulates APCCdh1. ..
- Mamnun Y, Pandjaitan R, Mahé Y, Delahodde A, Kuchler K. The yeast zinc finger regulators Pdr1p and Pdr3p control pleiotropic drug resistance (PDR) as homo- and heterodimers in vivo. Mol Microbiol. 2002;46:1429-40 pubmed
- Arumugam P, Nishino T, Haering C, Gruber S, Nasmyth K. Cohesin's ATPase activity is stimulated by the C-terminal Winged-Helix domain of its kleisin subunit. Curr Biol. 2006;16:1998-2008 pubmed..In contrast, we do not detect any effect of Scc1's N-terminal domain on Smc1/Smc3 ATPase activity. Our studies reveal that Scc1 not only connects the Smc1 and Smc3 ATPase heads but also regulates their ATPase activity. ..
- Buonomo S, Clyne R, Fuchs J, Loidl J, Uhlmann F, Nasmyth K. Disjunction of homologous chromosomes in meiosis I depends on proteolytic cleavage of the meiotic cohesin Rec8 by separin. Cell. 2000;103:387-98 pubmed..We show here that cleavage of Rec8 by separin at one of two different sites is necessary for the resolution of chiasmata and the disjunction of homologous chromosomes during meiosis. ..
- Clyne R, Katis V, Jessop L, Benjamin K, Herskowitz I, Lichten M, et al. Polo-like kinase Cdc5 promotes chiasmata formation and cosegregation of sister centromeres at meiosis I. Nat Cell Biol. 2003;5:480-5 pubmed..3) and Mam1 (ref. 4) monopolin proteins, resulting in bipolar orientation of sister kinetochores. Cdc5 is thus required both for the formation of chiasmata and for cosegregation of sister centromeres at meiosis I...