Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae proteins in Australia
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae proteins
- Holt S, Cordente A, Williams S, Capone D, Jitjaroen W, Menz I, et al. Engineering Saccharomyces cerevisiae to release 3-Mercaptohexan-1-ol during fermentation through overexpression of an S. cerevisiae Gene, STR3, for improvement of wine aroma. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77:3626-32 pubmed publisher..These data provide direct evidence for a yeast enzyme able to release aromatic thiols in vitro that can be applied in the development of self-cloned yeast to enhance wine flavor. ..
- Gauci V, Beckhouse A, Lyons V, Beh E, Rogers P, Dawes I, et al. Zinc starvation induces a stress response in Saccharomyces cerevisiae that is mediated by the Msn2p and Msn4p transcriptional activators. FEMS Yeast Res. 2009;9:1187-95 pubmed publisher..This research provides a better understanding of the molecular mechanisms involved in the yeast response to zinc deficiency during fermentation. ..
- Huang K, Filarsky M, Padula M, Raftery M, Herbert B, Wilkins M. Micropreparative fractionation of the complexome by blue native continuous elution electrophoresis. Proteomics. 2009;9:2494-502 pubmed publisher..We illustrate the utility of the technique in the analysis of Saccharomyces cerevisiae cellular lysate. ..
- Vajjhala P, Nguyen C, Landsberg M, Kistler C, Gan A, King G, et al. The Vps4 C-terminal helix is a critical determinant for assembly and ATPase activity and has elements conserved in other members of the meiotic clade of AAA ATPases. FEBS J. 2008;275:1427-49 pubmed publisher..We propose that Vps4 SRH function requires an intact C-terminal helix. Co-evolution of a distinct Vps4 SRH and C-terminal helix in meiotic clade AAA ATPases supports this possibility. ..
- Southey M, Jenkins M, Mead L, Whitty J, Trivett M, Tesoriero A, et al. Use of molecular tumor characteristics to prioritize mismatch repair gene testing in early-onset colorectal cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2005;23:6524-32 pubmed..Tumor-based approaches for triaging early-onset colorectal cancer patients for MMR gene mutation testing, irrespective of family history, appear to be an efficient screening strategy for HNPCC. ..
- Senapin S, Chen X, Clark Walker G. Transcription of TIM9, a new factor required for the petite-positive phenotype of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, is defective in spt7 mutants. Curr Genet. 2003;44:202-10 pubmed
- Utama B, Kennedy D, Ru K, Mattick J. Isolation and characterization of a new nucleolar protein, Nrap, that is conserved from yeast to humans. Genes Cells. 2002;7:115-32 pubmed..Nrap appears to be associated with ribosome biogenesis by interacting with pre-rRNA primary transcript. ..
- Holmgreen S, Huang D, Adams J, Cory S. Survival activity of Bcl-2 homologs Bcl-w and A1 only partially correlates with their ability to bind pro-apoptotic family members. Cell Death Differ. 1999;6:525-32 pubmed..The results may reflect critical threshold affinities but also suggest that certain pro-apoptotic proteins may also contribute to apoptosis by a mechanism independent of binding pro-survival proteins. ..
- Woollatt E, Pine K, Shine J, Sutherland G, Iismaa T. Human Sec63 endoplasmic reticulum membrane protein, map position 6q21. Chromosome Res. 1999;7:77 pubmed
- Smith F, Hawkesford M, Prosser I, Clarkson D. Isolation of a cDNA from Saccharomyces cerevisiae that encodes a high affinity sulphate transporter at the plasma membrane. Mol Gen Genet. 1995;247:709-15 pubmed..We conclude that the SUL1 cDNA encodes a S. cerevisiae high affinity sulphate transporter that is responsible for the transfer of sulphate across the plasma membrane from the external medium. ..