Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae in Mexico
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Folch Mallol J, Martínez L, Casas S, Yang R, Martinez Anaya C, Lopez L, et al. New roles for CDC25 in growth control, galactose regulation and cellular differentiation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Microbiology. 2004;150:2865-79 pubmed..In conclusion, the function of the catalytic, C-terminal domain of Cdc25p is not only important for fermentative growth, but also for growth in non-fermentable carbon sources and to trigger galactose derepression. ..
- Hernandez Martinez S, Lanz Mendoza H, Martinez Barnetche J, Rodriguez M. Antimicrobial properties of Anopheles albimanus pericardial cells. Cell Tissue Res. 2013;351:127-37 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that mosquito PCs play a key role in the neutralization and elimination of pathogens. ..
- Rodríguez Almazán C, Torner F, Costas M, Perez Montfort R, de Gómez Puyou M, Puyou A. The stability and formation of native proteins from unfolded monomers is increased through interactions with unrelated proteins. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e497 pubmed..The data, therefore, are strongly suggestive that the numerous protein-protein interactions that occur in the intracellular space are an additional control factor in the formation and stability of proteins. ..
- Hernández Salas J, Villa Ramírez M, Veloz Rendón J, Rivera Hernández K, González César R, Plascencia Espinosa M, et al. Comparative hydrolysis and fermentation of sugarcane and agave bagasse. Bioresour Technol. 2009;100:1238-45 pubmed publisher..Maximum alcohol yield by fermentation (32.6%) was obtained from the hydrolyzate of sugarcane depithed bagasse. Hydrolyzed agave waste residues provide an increased glucose decreased xylose product useful for biotechnological conversion. ..
- Hernandez Martinez S, Barradas Bautista D, Rodriguez M. Diferential DNA synthesis in Anopheles albimanus tissues induced by immune challenge with different microorganisms. Arch Insect Biochem Physiol. 2013;84:1-14 pubmed publisher..These differences in DNA synthesis suggest a compartmentalization of the immune response, probably mediated by different signaling pathways. ..
- Velazquez Arellano A. From an inborn error patient to a search for regulatory meaning: a biotin conducted voyage. Mol Genet Metab. 2006;87:194-7 pubmed
- Avendaño A, Riego L, DeLuna A, Aranda C, Romero G, Ishida C, et al. Swi/SNF-GCN5-dependent chromatin remodelling determines induced expression of GDH3, one of the paralogous genes responsible for ammonium assimilation and glutamate biosynthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Microbiol. 2005;57:291-305 pubmed
- Tavares Carreón F, Camacho Villasana Y, Zamudio Ochoa A, Shingu Vazquez M, Torres Larios A, Perez Martinez X. The pentatricopeptide repeats present in Pet309 are necessary for translation but not for stability of the mitochondrial COX1 mRNA in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:1472-9 pubmed..Our results show that the RNA metabolism function of Pet309 is found in at least two separate domains of the protein. ..
- Encalada R, Rojo Dominguez A, Rodriguez Zavala J, Pardo J, Quezada H, Moreno Sanchez R, et al. Molecular basis of the unusual catalytic preference for GDP/GTP in Entamoeba histolytica 3-phosphoglycerate kinase. FEBS J. 2009;276:2037-47 pubmed publisher..The main Entamoeba histolytica phosphoglycerate kinase amino acid residues involved in the selectivity for guanine nucleotides were thus identified. ..
- García Campusano F, Anaya V, Robledo Arratia L, Quezada H, Hernández H, Riego L, et al. ALT1-encoded alanine aminotransferase plays a central role in the metabolism of alanine in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Can J Microbiol. 2009;55:368-74 pubmed publisher..ALT2 expression was repressed under all tested conditions, suggesting that Alt2p biosynthesis is strictly controlled and only allowed to express under peculiar physiological conditions. ..
- Hernández H, Aranda C, Riego L, Gonzalez A. Gln3-Gcn4 hybrid transcriptional activator determines catabolic and biosynthetic gene expression in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;404:859-64 pubmed publisher..We propose that the combination of Gln3 and Gcn4 results in the constitution of a hybrid modulator which elicits a novel transcriptional response, not evoked when these modulators act in a non-combinatorial fashion. ..
- López Alvarez A, Díaz Pérez A, Sosa Aguirre C, Macías Rodríguez L, Campos García J. Ethanol yield and volatile compound content in fermentation of agave must by Kluyveromyces marxianus UMPe-1 comparing with Saccharomyces cerevisiae baker's yeast used in tequila production. J Biosci Bioeng. 2012;113:614-8 pubmed publisher..marxianus UMPe-1 is a suitable yeast for agave must fermentation, showing high ethanol productivity and increased volatile compound content comparing with a S. cerevisiae baker's yeast used in tequila production...
- Peñalosa Ruiz G, Aranda C, Ongay Larios L, Colón M, Quezada H, Gonzalez A. Paralogous ALT1 and ALT2 retention and diversification have generated catalytically active and inactive aminotransferases in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45702 pubmed publisher..Both genes are negatively regulated by the Nrg1 repressor. Presented results indicate that alanine could act as ALT2 Nrg1-co-repressor. ..
- Guerrero Castillo S, Araiza Olivera D, Cabrera Orefice A, Espinasa Jaramillo J, Gutiérrez Aguilar M, Luévano Martínez L, et al. Physiological uncoupling of mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation. Studies in different yeast species. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2011;43:323-31 pubmed publisher..The variety of energy dissipating systems in eukaryote species is probably designed to control ROS production in the different environments where each species lives. ..
- Araiza Olivera D, Chiquete Felix N, Rosas Lemus M, Sampedro J, Pena A, Mújica A, et al. A glycolytic metabolon in Saccharomyces cerevisiae is stabilized by F-actin. FEBS J. 2013;280:3887-905 pubmed publisher..In S. cerevisiae, a glycolytic metabolon appear to assemble in association with F-actin. In this complex, fermentation activity is enhanced and enzymes are partially protected against inhibition by trehalose or by antibodies. ..
- Colón M, Hernandez F, Lopez K, Quezada H, González J, López G, et al. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Bat1 and Bat2 aminotransferases have functionally diverged from the ancestral-like Kluyveromyces lactis orthologous enzyme. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16099 pubmed publisher..lactis has been distributed in the two paralogous genes present in S. cerevisiae, and whether this conservation has impacted S. cerevisiae metabolism...
- Pérez Gallardo R, Briones L, Díaz Pérez A, Gutiérrez S, Rodriguez Zavala J, Campos García J. Reactive oxygen species production induced by ethanol in Saccharomyces cerevisiae increases because of a dysfunctional mitochondrial iron-sulfur cluster assembly system. FEMS Yeast Res. 2013;13:804-19 pubmed publisher..In addition, mutations in the ISC genes in S. cerevisiae contribute to the increase in ROS concentration at the mitochondrial and cellular level, leading to depletion of the antioxidant responses and finally to mitochondrial apoptosis...
- Gutiérrez Lomelí M, Torres Guzman J, Gonzalez Hernandez G, Cira Chávez L, Pelayo Ortiz C, Ramírez Córdova J. Overexpression of ADH1 and HXT1 genes in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae improves the fermentative efficiency during tequila elaboration. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2008;93:363-71 pubmed publisher..33% to 84.57% and 89.40% to 94.29% in YPD and Agave medium respectively. ..
- López Rodríguez A, Trejo A, Coyne L, Halliwell R, Miledi R, Martinez Torres A. The product of the gene GEF1 of Saccharomyces cerevisiae transports Cl- across the plasma membrane. FEMS Yeast Res. 2007;7:1218-29 pubmed..However, the mechanism of activation of the channel has yet to be defined. ..
- Valenzuela L, Aranda C, Gonzalez A. TOR modulates GCN4-dependent expression of genes turned on by nitrogen limitation. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:2331-4 pubmed..This constitutes an additional TOR-dependent mechanism which modulates the action of transcriptional activators. ..
- Mayorga J, Camacho Villasana Y, ShingÃº VÃ¡zquez M, GarcÃa Villegas R, Zamudio Ochoa A, GarcÃa Guerrero A, et al. A Novel Function of Pet54 in Regulation of Cox1 Synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae Mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:9343-55 pubmed publisher..Pet54 may play a role in Mss51 hemylation/conformational change necessary for translational activity. Moreover, Pet54 physically interacts with the COX1 mRNA, and this binding was independent of the presence of Mss51. ..
- Pettigrew L, Gutbrod A, Domes H, Groß F, Méndez Contreras J, Delgado A. Modified ADM1 for high-rate anaerobic co-digestion of thermally pre-treated brewery surplus yeast wastewater. Water Sci Technol. 2017;76:542-554 pubmed publisher..More detailed characterization of influent and effluent is required if organic acid concentrations for pH control are needed. ..
- Gutiérrez Aguilar M, Perez Martinez X, Chávez E, Uribe Carvajal S. In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, the phosphate carrier is a component of the mitochondrial unselective channel. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2010;494:184-91 pubmed publisher..1 kDa PEG evidenced a higher sensitivity in mitochondria from the mutant strain. The above data suggest that the phosphate carrier is the phosphate sensor in YMUC and contributes to the structure of this channel. ..
- Heredia Olea E, Pérez Carrillo E, Serna Saldivar S. Production of ethanol from sweet sorghum bagasse pretreated with different chemical and physical processes and saccharified with fiber degrading enzymes. Bioresour Technol. 2013;134:386-90 pubmed publisher..At 24 h fermentation, the strains Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Issatchenkia orientalis produced, respectively 183.9 and 209.2 mg ethanol/g dry bagasse previously treated with HCl and enzymes. ..
- Flores Alvarez L, Corrales Escobosa A, Cortes Penagos C, Martínez Pacheco M, Wrobel Zasada K, Wrobel Kaczmarczyk K, et al. The Neurospora crassa chr-1 gene is up-regulated by chromate and its encoded CHR-1 protein causes chromate sensitivity and chromium accumulation. Curr Genet. 2012;58:281-90 pubmed publisher..This is the first report assigning a role as a chromate transporter to a nonbacterial CHR protein. ..
- Valenzuela L, Ballario P, Aranda C, Filetici P, Gonzalez A. Regulation of expression of GLT1, the gene encoding glutamate synthase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:3533-40 pubmed..Our results suggest that in a wild-type strain grown on ammonium, GOGAT constitutes an ancillary pathway for glutamate biosynthesis. ..
- Rodríguez Salazar J, SUAREZ R, Caballero Mellado J, Iturriaga G. Trehalose accumulation in Azospirillum brasilense improves drought tolerance and biomass in maize plants. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2009;296:52-9 pubmed publisher..This work opens the possibility that A. brasilense modified with a chimeric trehalose biosynthetic gene from yeast could increase the biomass, grain yield and stress tolerance in other relevant crops...
- Sosa E, Aranda C, Riego L, Valenzuela L, DeLuna A, Cantu J, et al. Gcn4 negatively regulates expression of genes subjected to nitrogen catabolite repression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;310:1175-80 pubmed..Since Gcn4 regulates the expression of a broad spectrum of genes, the lack of this transcriptional activator could prevent the expression of a potential Gln3 antagonist. Alternatively, Gcn4 could directly hinder Gln3 functioning. ..
- Garay Arroyo A, Colmenero Flores J, Garciarrubio A, Covarrubias A. Highly hydrophilic proteins in prokaryotes and eukaryotes are common during conditions of water deficit. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:5668-74 pubmed..coli hydrophilins in the adaptive response to hyperosmotic conditions is presented. Apparently, hydrophilins represent analogous adaptations to a common problem in such diverse taxons as prokaryotes and eukaryotes. ..
- De Silva D, Poliquin S, Zeng R, Zamudio Ochoa A, Marrero N, Perez Martinez X, et al. The DEAD-box helicase Mss116 plays distinct roles in mitochondrial ribogenesis and mRNA-specific translation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:6628-6643 pubmed publisher..Overall, we conclude that the different functions of Mss116 in the biogenesis and functioning of the mitochondrial translation machinery depend on Mss116 interplay with its protein cofactors. ..