Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rna splicing in Taiwan
Topic: rna splicing
- Tarn W, Hsu C, Huang K, Chen H, Kao H, Lee K, et al. Functional association of essential splicing factor(s) with PRP19 in a protein complex. EMBO J. 1994;13:2421-31 pubmed..At least three of these can interact directly with the PRP19 protein. We also show that the PRP19 protein itself is in an oligomeric form, which might be a prerequisite for its interaction with these proteins. ..
- Chiu Y, Liu Y, Chiang T, Yeh T, Tseng C, Wu N, et al. Cwc25 is a novel splicing factor required after Prp2 and Yju2 to facilitate the first catalytic reaction. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:5671-8 pubmed publisher..These results have implications for the possible roles of Cwc25 and HP-X in facilitating juxtaposition of the 5' splice site and the branch point during the first catalytic reaction...
- Lee K, Hsu I, Tarn W. TRAP150 activates pre-mRNA splicing and promotes nuclear mRNA degradation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:3340-50 pubmed publisher..Moreover, TRAP150 activates pre-mRNA splicing and induces mRNA degradation by its separable functional domains. Therefore, TRAP150 represents a multi-functional protein involved in nuclear mRNA metabolism. ..
- Chen K, Yuan R, Hu C, Hsu C. Amyloid-? peptide alteration of tau exon-10 splicing via the GSK3?-SC35 pathway. Neurobiol Dis. 2010;40:378-85 pubmed publisher..The establishment of the A?-GSK-3?-SC35 cascade broadens insight into development of novel strategies to modulate A? action on tau exon 10 splicing for possible prevention of tauopathy. ..
- Tsou W, Soong B, Paulson H, Rodriguez Lebron E. Splice isoform-specific suppression of the Cav2.1 variant underlying spinocerebellar ataxia type 6. Neurobiol Dis. 2011;43:533-42 pubmed publisher..These results lend support to the preclinical development of SIS-RNAi as a potential therapy for SCA6 and other dominantly inherited diseases...
- Hwang D, Hung C, Riepe F, Auchus R, Kulle A, Holterhus P, et al. CYP17A1 intron mutation causing cryptic splicing in 17?-hydroxylase deficiency. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25492 pubmed publisher..The IVS1 +2T>C mutation abolished most 17?-hydroxylase/17, 20-lyase enzyme activity by aberrant mRNA splicing to an intronic pseudo-exon, causing a frame shift and early termination. ..
- Chen P, Lee C, Weng Y, Tarn W, Tsao Y, Kuo P, et al. BCAS2 is essential for Drosophila viability and functions in pre-mRNA splicing. RNA. 2013;19:208-18 pubmed publisher..In summary, Drosophila and human BCAS2 share a similar function in RNA splicing, which affects cell viability. ..
- Tang T, Tang C, Chen Y, Wu C. Nuclear proteins of the bovine esophageal epithelium. II. The NuMA gene gives rise to multiple mRNAs and gene products reactive with monoclonal antibody W1. J Cell Sci. 1993;104 ( Pt 2):249-60 pubmed..These data suggest that multiple isoforms of the NuMA polypeptides generated by alternative mRNA splicing may play some important functions which remain to be characterized. ..
- Lai M, Lin R, Tarn W. Transportin-SR2 mediates nuclear import of phosphorylated SR proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:10154-9 pubmed..Finally, we show that TRN-SR2 interacts with a nucleoporin and is targeted not only to the nuclear envelope but also to nuclear speckles in vitro. Thus, TRN-SR2 may perhaps escort SR protein cargoes to nuclear subdomains. ..
- Hsu I, Hsu M, Li C, Chuang T, Lin R, Tarn W. Phosphorylation of Y14 modulates its interaction with proteins involved in mRNA metabolism and influences its methylation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:34507-12 pubmed..This study reveals antagonistic post-translational modifications of Y14 that may be involved in the remodeling of Y14-containing mRNPs. ..
- Bose J, Wang I, Hung L, Tarn W, Shen C. TDP-43 overexpression enhances exon 7 inclusion during the survival of motor neuron pre-mRNA splicing. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:28852-9 pubmed publisher..Our data further evidence TDP-43 as a multifunctional RNA-binding protein for a diverse set of cellular activities. ..
- Lee S, Chan T, Chen T, Liao B, Hwang P, Lee H. LPA1 is essential for lymphatic vessel development in zebrafish. FASEB J. 2008;22:3706-15 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that LPA(1) is necessary for lymphatic vessel formation during embryonic development in zebrafish. ..
- Lin Y, Chen B. A putative hepatitis B virus splice variant associated with chronic hepatitis and liver cirrhosis. Virology. 2017;510:224-233 pubmed publisher..5% vs. 1.8%, P = 0.032) when compared with ASC. In conclusion, spPS1, a putative splice variant; S promoter deletion mutant; and deletion in the C-terminal half of the pre-S1 region were closely associated with CH and LC development. ..
- Chen Y, Huang F, Cheng Y, Wu C, Yang C, Tsay H. Knockdown of zebrafish Nav1.6 sodium channel impairs embryonic locomotor activities. J Biomed Sci. 2008;15:69-78 pubmed..The movement impairments caused by MO1, MO2, and MO3 suggest that the function of Na(v)1.6 sodium channels is essential on the normal early embryonic locomotor activities. ..
- Chua H, Huang C, Weng P, Yeh T. TSGÎ”154-1054 splice variant increases TSG101 oncogenicity by inhibiting its E3-ligase-mediated proteasomal degradation. Oncotarget. 2016;7:8240-52 pubmed publisher..This finding shows the functional significance of TSGÎ”154-1054 in preventing the ubiquitin-proteasome proteolysis of TSG101, which increases tumor malignancy and hints at its potential as a therapeutic target in cancer treatment. ..
- Tsai K, Tseng H, Lin W. Two wobble-splicing events affect ING4 protein subnuclear localization and degradation. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:3130-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that the two wobble-splicing events at the exon 4-5 boundary influence subnuclear localization and degradation of ING4. ..
- Li C, Lin R, Lai M, Ouyang P, Tarn W. Nuclear Pnn/DRS protein binds to spliced mRNPs and participates in mRNA processing and export via interaction with RNPS1. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:7363-76 pubmed..Therefore, Pnn may participate, via its interaction with RNPS1, in mRNA metabolism in the nucleus, including mRNA splicing and export. ..
- Lin K, Lu R, Tarn W. The WW domain-containing proteins interact with the early spliceosome and participate in pre-mRNA splicing in vivo. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9176-85 pubmed..Our results suggest an essential role of WW/FF domain-containing factors in pre-mRNA splicing that likely occurs in concert with transcription in vivo. ..
- Lin J, Lu Y, Liu Y, Lin Y. RBM4a-regulated splicing cascade modulates the differentiation and metabolic activities of brown adipocytes. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20665 pubmed publisher..These results constitute a mechanistic understanding of the RBM4a-modulated splicing cascade during the brown adipogenesis. ..
- Chang T, Tung L, Yeh F, Chen J, Chang S. Functions of the DExD/H-box proteins in nuclear pre-mRNA splicing. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1829:764-74 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: The Biology of RNA helicases - Modulation for life. ..
- Chien Y, Lee N, Chiang S, Desnick R, Hwu W. Fabry disease: incidence of the common later-onset ?-galactosidase A IVS4+919G?A mutation in Taiwanese newborns--superiority of DNA-based to enzyme-based newborn screening for common mutations. Mol Med. 2012;18:780-4 pubmed publisher..These studies emphasize the superiority of DNA-based newborn screening for common mutations, particularly for X-linked diseases. ..
- Tsai R, Fu R, Yeh F, Tseng C, Lin Y, Huang Y, et al. Spliceosome disassembly catalyzed by Prp43 and its associated components Ntr1 and Ntr2. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2991-3003 pubmed..This is the first demonstration of physical disassembly of the spliceosome, catalyzed by a complex containing a DExD/H-box RNA helicase and two accessory factors, which might function in targeting the helicase to the correct substrate. ..
- Yuo C, Lin H, Chang Y, Yang W, Chang J. 5-(N-ethyl-N-isopropyl)-amiloride enhances SMN2 exon 7 inclusion and protein expression in spinal muscular atrophy cells. Ann Neurol. 2008;63:26-34 pubmed..However, further translational studies are needed to determine whether this finding is applicable for SMA treatment or just a proof of cellular pH effect on SMN splicing. ..
- Chen L, Wei P, Liu T, Kao C, Pai L, Lee C. STAT2 hypomorphic mutant mice display impaired dendritic cell development and antiviral response. J Biomed Sci. 2009;16:22 pubmed publisher..In sum, the new allele of STAT2 mutant reported here reveals a role of STAT2 for DC development and a threshold requirement for full functions of type I IFNs. ..
- Choo K, Chen H, Liu T, Chang C. Different modes of regulation of transcription and pre-mRNA processing of the structurally juxtaposed homologs, Rnf33 and Rnf35, in eggs and in pre-implantation embryos. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:4836-44 pubmed..This work demonstrates that expression of some maternal and early zygotic genes may be opportunistic until a stringent transcriptional regulation mechanism is imposed. ..
- Tseng C, Liu H, Cheng S. DEAH-box ATPase Prp16 has dual roles in remodeling of the spliceosome in catalytic steps. RNA. 2011;17:145-54 pubmed publisher..Our results uncovered novel functions of Prp16 in both catalytic steps, and provide mechanistic insights into splicing catalysis...
- Yeh T, Liu H, Chung C, Wu N, Liu Y, Cheng S. Splicing factor Cwc22 is required for the function of Prp2 and for the spliceosome to escape from a futile pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:43-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, Cwc22 represents a novel ATP-dependent step one factor besides Prp2 and Spp2 and has a distinct role from that of Spp2 in mediating the function of Prp2...