Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rna polymerase i in France
Topic: rna polymerase i
- Peyroche G, Milkereit P, Bischler N, Tschochner H, Schultz P, Sentenac A, et al. The recruitment of RNA polymerase I on rDNA is mediated by the interaction of the A43 subunit with Rrn3. EMBO J. 2000;19:5473-82 pubmed..The existence of mammalian orthologues of A43 and Rrn3 suggests evolutionary conservation of the molecular mechanisms underlying rDNA transcription in eukaryotes. ..
- Savino T, Gébrane Younès J, De Mey J, Sibarita J, Hernandez Verdun D. Nucleolar assembly of the rRNA processing machinery in living cells. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:1097-110 pubmed..This demonstrates the formation of one functional domain by cooperative interactions between different chromosome territories...
- Bradsher J, Auriol J, Proietti de Santis L, Iben S, Vonesch J, Grummt I, et al. CSB is a component of RNA pol I transcription. Mol Cell. 2002;10:819-29 pubmed..In addition to revealing an unanticipated function for CSB in rRNA synthesis, we show that the fragility of this complex could be one factor contributing to the CS phenotype. ..
- Bouchoux C, Hautbergue G, Grenetier S, Carles C, Riva M, Goguel V. CTD kinase I is involved in RNA polymerase I transcription. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:5851-60 pubmed..The results suggest that CTDK-I might participate in the regulation of distinct nuclear transcriptional machineries, thus playing a role in the adaptation of the global transcriptional response to growth signalling. ..
- Beckouët F, Mariotte Labarre S, Peyroche G, Nogi Y, Thuriaux P. Rpa43 and its partners in the yeast RNA polymerase I transcription complex. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:3355-9 pubmed publisher..Two-hybrid data and other genetic evidence suggest that Rpa43 directly bind Spt5, an RNAPI elongation factor also acting in RNAPII-dependent transcription, and may also interact with the nucleosomal chaperone Spt6. ..
- Boulon S, Pradet Balade B, Verheggen C, Molle D, Boireau S, Georgieva M, et al. HSP90 and its R2TP/Prefoldin-like cochaperone are involved in the cytoplasmic assembly of RNA polymerase II. Mol Cell. 2010;39:912-924 pubmed publisher..hSpagh also bound the free RPA194 subunit of RNA polymerase I, suggesting a general role in assembling RNA polymerases. ..
- Albert B, LÃ©ger Silvestre I, Normand C, Ostermaier M, PÃ©rez FernÃ¡ndez J, Panov K, et al. RNA polymerase I-specific subunits promote polymerase clustering to enhance the rRNA gene transcription cycle. J Cell Biol. 2011;192:277-93 pubmed publisher..Together our data suggest that localized rRNA production results in spatially constrained rRNA production, which is instrumental for nucleolar assembly. ..
- Meder V, Boeglin M, de Murcia G, Schreiber V. PARP-1 and PARP-2 interact with nucleophosmin/B23 and accumulate in transcriptionally active nucleoli. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:211-22 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that the biological role of PARP-1 and PARP-2 within the nucleolus relies on functional nucleolar transcription, without any obvious implication of either PARP on this major nucleolar process. ..
- Nonnekens J, Pérez Fernández J, Theil A, Gadal O, Bonnart C, Giglia Mari G. Mutations in TFIIH causing trichothiodystrophy are responsible for defects in ribosomal RNA production and processing. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:2881-93 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence that defective ribosome synthesis represents a new faulty mechanism involved in the pathophysiology of TFIIH-related diseases. ..
- Zhou L, Le Roux G, Ducrot C, Chédin S, Labarre J, Riva M, et al. Repression of class I transcription by cadmium is mediated by the protein phosphatase 2A. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:6087-97 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results point to a central role for the Pol I-Rrn3 complex as molecular switch for regulating Pol I transcription in response to toxic metals. ..
- Ernoult Lange M, Wilczynska A, Harper M, Aigueperse C, Dautry F, Kress M, et al. Nucleocytoplasmic traffic of CPEB1 and accumulation in Crm1 nucleolar bodies. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:176-87 pubmed publisher..They could rather constitute a platform providing factors for ribosome assembly or export. The behavior of CPEB1 in CNoBs raises the possibility that it is involved in ribosome biogenesis. ..
- Beckouët F, Labarre Mariotte S, Albert B, Imazawa Y, Werner M, Gadal O, et al. Two RNA polymerase I subunits control the binding and release of Rrn3 during transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:1596-605 pubmed..These data suggest a dual role of the Rpa49-Rpa34 dimer during the recruitment of Rrn3 and its subsequent dissociation from the elongating polymerase. ..
- Laferté A, Favry E, Sentenac A, Riva M, Carles C, Chédin S. The transcriptional activity of RNA polymerase I is a key determinant for the level of all ribosome components. Genes Dev. 2006;20:2030-40 pubmed
- Thuriaux P, Mariotte S, Buhler J, Sentenac A, Vu L, Lee B, et al. Gene RPA43 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae encodes an essential subunit of RNA polymerase I. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:24252-7 pubmed..RPA43 mapped next to RPA190, encoding the largest subunit of polymerase I. These genes are divergently transcribed and may thus share upstream regulatory elements ensuring their co-regulation. ..
- Martianov I, Viville S, Davidson I. RNA polymerase II transcription in murine cells lacking the TATA binding protein. Science. 2002;298:1036-9 pubmed..Our results show a differential dependency of the RNA polymerases on TBP and provide evidence for TBP-independent pol II transcriptional mechanisms that allow reinitiation and maintenance of gene transcription in vivo. ..
- Peyroche G, Levillain E, Siaut M, Callebaut I, Schultz P, Sentenac A, et al. The A14-A43 heterodimer subunit in yeast RNA pol I and their relationship to Rpb4-Rpb7 pol II subunits. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:14670-5 pubmed..This hypothesis, combined with our structural data, suggests a new localization of Rpb7-Rpb4 subunits in the three-dimensional structure of yeast pol II. ..
- Gadal O, Labarre S, Boschiero C, Thuriaux P. Hmo1, an HMG-box protein, belongs to the yeast ribosomal DNA transcription system. EMBO J. 2002;21:5498-507 pubmed..Conversely, rpa34-Delta mutants lacking Rpa34, a non-essential subunit associated with Rpa49, are lethal in top1-Delta but not in top3-Delta. ..
- Briand J, Navarro F, Rematier P, Boschiero C, Labarre S, Werner M, et al. Partners of Rpb8p, a small subunit shared by yeast RNA polymerases I, II and III. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6056-65 pubmed..A ygr089-Delta null mutant has no detectable growth defect but aggravates the conditional growth defect of rpb8 mutants, suggesting that the interaction with Rpb8p may be physiologically relevant. ..
- Chedin S, Riva M, Schultz P, Sentenac A, Carles C. The RNA cleavage activity of RNA polymerase III is mediated by an essential TFIIS-like subunit and is important for transcription termination. Genes Dev. 1998;12:3857-71 pubmed..The integration of TFIIS function into a specific Pol III subunit may stem from the opposite requirements of Pol III and Pol II in terms of transcript length and termination efficiency. ..