Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rna interference in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: rna interference
Publications401 found, 100 shown here
- Gondi C, Talluri L, Dinh D, Gujrati M, Rao J. RNAi-mediated downregulation of MMP-2 activates the extrinsic apoptotic pathway in human glioma xenograft cells. Int J Oncol. 2009;35:851-9 pubmed..In summary, it is evident from our results that MMP-2 downregulation induces caspase-8 and AIF-mediated apoptosis and, as such, shows potential for glioma therapy. ..
- Pattanaik S, Kong Q, Zaitlin D, Werkman J, Xie C, Patra B, et al. Isolation and functional characterization of a floral tissue-specific R2R3 MYB regulator from tobacco. Planta. 2010;231:1061-76 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NtAn2 is a key gene controlling anthocyanin production in reproductive tissues of tobacco...
- Hishiya A, Kitazawa T, Takayama S. BAG3 and Hsc70 interact with actin capping protein CapZ to maintain myofibrillar integrity under mechanical stress. Circ Res. 2010;107:1220-31 pubmed publisher..These proteins are possible targets for further research to identify therapies for myofibrillar myopathy or other degenerative diseases. ..
- Seidel H, Kimble J. The oogenic germline starvation response in C. elegans. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28074 pubmed publisher..We discuss our findings in light of the recently proposed state of dormancy, termed Adult Reproductive Diapause. ..
- Zhang J, De Toledo S, Pandey B, Guo G, Pain D, Li H, et al. Role of the translationally controlled tumor protein in DNA damage sensing and repair. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E926-33 pubmed publisher..It also attenuated the radiation-induced G(1) delay but prolonged the G(2) delay. TCTP therefore may play a critical role in maintaining genomic integrity in response to DNA-damaging agents. ..
- Schwartz K, Peck R, Bangs J. Intracellular trafficking and glycobiology of TbPDI2, a stage-specific protein disulfide isomerase in Trypanosoma brucei. Eukaryot Cell. 2013;12:132-41 pubmed publisher..These findings resolve contradictory evidence on the location and glycobiology of TbPDI2 and provide a cautionary note on the use of tomato lectin as a poly-N-acetyllactosamine-specific reagent. ..
- Wang R, Paul V, Luesch H. Seaweed extracts and unsaturated fatty acid constituents from the green alga Ulva lactuca as activators of the cytoprotective Nrf2-ARE pathway. Free Radic Biol Med. 2013;57:141-53 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study provides new insight into why consumption of dietary seaweed may have health benefits, and the identified compounds add to the list of chemopreventive dietary unsaturated fatty acids...
- Kumar P, Dezso Z, Mackenzie C, Oestreicher J, Agoulnik S, Byrne M, et al. Circulating miRNA biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69807 pubmed publisher..05. Pathway analysis, taking into account enriched target mRNAs for these signature miRNAs was also carried out, suggesting that the disturbance of multiple enzymatic pathways including lipid metabolism could play a role in AD etiology. ..
- Hariharan S, Kelm R, STRAUCH A. The Pur?/Pur? single-strand DNA-binding proteins attenuate smooth-muscle actin gene transactivation in myofibroblasts. J Cell Physiol. 2014;229:1256-71 pubmed publisher..Therapeutic targeting of nucleoprotein complexes regulating the SM?A promoter may prevent excessive myofibroblast accumulation associated with chronic cardiopulmonary fibrosis and dysfunctional tissue remodeling. ..
- Nichol J, Galbraith M, Kleinman C, Espinosa J, Miller W. NPM and BRG1 Mediate Transcriptional Resistance to Retinoic Acid in Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia. Cell Rep. 2016;14:2938-49 pubmed publisher..NPM mutations are the most common genetic change in patients with acute leukemia (AML); therefore, our model may be applicable to other more common leukemias driven by NPM. ..
- Sepuri N, Angireddy R, Srinivasan S, Guha M, Spear J, Lu B, et al. Mitochondrial LON protease-dependent degradation of cytochrome c oxidase subunits under hypoxia and myocardial ischemia. Biochim Biophys Acta Bioenerg. 2017;1858:519-528 pubmed publisher..Our results therefore suggest that Lon preferentially degrades the phosphorylated subunits of CcO and plays a role in the regulation of CcO activity in hypoxia and ischemia/reperfusion injury. ..
- Robalino J, Bartlett T, Shepard E, Prior S, Jaramillo G, Scura E, et al. Double-stranded RNA induces sequence-specific antiviral silencing in addition to nonspecific immunity in a marine shrimp: convergence of RNA interference and innate immunity in the invertebrate antiviral response?. J Virol. 2005;79:13561-71 pubmed..We propose a model of antiviral immunity in shrimp by which viral dsRNA engages not only innate immune pathways but also an RNAi-like mechanism to induce potent antiviral responses in vivo. ..
- Jakymiw A, Lian S, Eystathioy T, Li S, Satoh M, Hamel J, et al. Disruption of GW bodies impairs mammalian RNA interference. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:1267-74 pubmed..Our data support a model in which GW182 and/or the microenvironment of the cytoplasmic GWBs contribute to the RNA-induced silencing complex and to RNA silencing...
- El Shewy H, Lee M, Obeid L, Jaffa A, Luttrell L. The insulin-like growth factor type 1 and insulin-like growth factor type 2/mannose-6-phosphate receptors independently regulate ERK1/2 activity in HEK293 cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:26150-7 pubmed..These data indicate that endogenous IGF-1 and IGF-2 receptors can independently initiate ERK1/2 signaling and point to a potential physiologic role for IGF-2 receptors in the cellular response to IGF-2. ..
- Nitta R, Smith C, Kennedy B. Evidence that proteasome-dependent degradation of the retinoblastoma protein in cells lacking A-type lamins occurs independently of gankyrin and MDM2. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e963 pubmed..Second, Lmna-/- cells are refractory to p14(arf)-mediated cell cycle arrest, as was previously shown with p16(ink4a). Potential roles of lamin A/C in the suppression of tumorigenesis are discussed. ..
- Parthasarathy R, Tan A, Bai H, Palli S. Transcription factor broad suppresses precocious development of adult structures during larval-pupal metamorphosis in the red flour beetle, Tribolium castaneum. Mech Dev. 2008;125:299-313 pubmed..These data suggest that the expression of Tcbr during the final instar larval stage promotes pupal program while suppressing the larval and adult programs ensuring a transitory pupal stage in holometabolous insects...
- Kargiotis O, Chetty C, Gogineni V, Gondi C, Pulukuri S, Kyritsis A, et al. uPA/uPAR downregulation inhibits radiation-induced migration, invasion and angiogenesis in IOMM-Lee meningioma cells and decreases tumor growth in vivo. Int J Oncol. 2008;33:937-47 pubmed..Thus, the specific targeting of proteases via RNA interference could augment the therapeutic effect of radiation and prevent the adverse effects resulting from tumor cells that receive sublethal doses of radiation within the tumor mass. ..
- Gorman M, Arakane Y. Tyrosine hydroxylase is required for cuticle sclerotization and pigmentation in Tribolium castaneum. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;40:267-73 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a requirement for TH in sclerotization as well as brown pigmentation of insect cuticle...
- Chintagari N, Mishra A, Su L, Wang Y, Ayalew S, Hartson S, et al. Vacuolar ATPase regulates surfactant secretion in rat alveolar type II cells by modulating lamellar body calcium. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9228 pubmed publisher..Our finding revealed a previously unrealized role of V-ATPase in surfactant secretion. ..
- Davis M, Zuckerman J, Choi C, Seligson D, Tolcher A, Alabi C, et al. Evidence of RNAi in humans from systemically administered siRNA via targeted nanoparticles. Nature. 2010;464:1067-70 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate that siRNA administered systemically to a human can produce a specific gene inhibition (reduction in mRNA and protein) by an RNAi mechanism of action. ..
- Wysoczynski M, Liu R, Kucia M, Drukala J, Ratajczak M. Thrombin regulates the metastatic potential of human rhabdomyosarcoma cells: distinct role of PAR1 and PAR3 signaling. Mol Cancer Res. 2010;8:677-90 pubmed publisher..We conclude that thrombin is a novel underappreciated modulator of RMS metastasis and that we have identified a novel role for PAR3 in thrombin signaling. ..
- Ulm E, Sleiman S, Chamberlin H. Developmental functions for the Caenorhabditis elegans Sp protein SPTF-3. Mech Dev. 2011;128:428-41 pubmed publisher..We propose SPTF-3 provides a good model to study the in vivo functions for Sp transcription factors during animal development. ..
- Wasik B, Moczek A. Pangolin expression influences the development of a morphological novelty: beetle horns. Genesis. 2012;50:404-14 pubmed publisher..Our results illustrate that pan expression affects beetle horn growth in a species-, sex-, and location-specific manner in two morphologically distinct, yet closely-related, Onthophagus species...
- Schetelig M, Milano A, Saccone G, Handler A. Male only progeny in Anastrepha suspensa by RNAi-induced sex reversion of chromosomal females. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;42:51-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Astra and Astra-2 are both necessary for female development, and that the potential exists for producing a male-only population when either gene alone, or both genes simultaneously, are knocked-down. ..
- Zhao J, Wang C, Bedair M, Welti R, Sumner L, Baxter I, et al. Suppression of phospholipase D?s confers increased aluminum resistance in Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28086 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that PLD?s play a role in membrane lipid modulation under Al stress and that high activities of PLD?s negatively modulate plant tolerance to Al. ..
- Home P, Saha B, Ray S, Dutta D, Gunewardena S, Yoo B, et al. Altered subcellular localization of transcription factor TEAD4 regulates first mammalian cell lineage commitment. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:7362-7 pubmed publisher..We propose that altered subcellular localization of TEAD4 in blastomeres dictates first mammalian cell fate specification. ..
- Ma J, Chen W, Zhang L, Tucker B, Zhu G, Sasaki H, et al. RNA interference-mediated silencing of Atp6i prevents both periapical bone erosion and inflammation in the mouse model of endodontic disease. Infect Immun. 2013;81:1021-30 pubmed
- Bhatnagar A, Unal H, Jagannathan R, Kaveti S, Duan Z, Yong S, et al. Interaction of G-protein ?? complex with chromatin modulates GPCR-dependent gene regulation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e52689 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a wide-ranging mechanism by which direct interaction of G?? with specific chromatin bound transcription factors regulates functional gene networks in response to GPCR activation in cells. ..
- Kershner A, Shin H, Hansen T, Kimble J. Discovery of two GLP-1/Notch target genes that account for the role of GLP-1/Notch signaling in stem cell maintenance. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:3739-44 pubmed publisher..Importantly, lst-1 and sygl-1 are not required for GLP-1/Notch signaling per se. We conclude that lst-1 and sygl-1 forge a critical link between Notch signaling and GSC maintenance. ..
- Gu J, Wu F, Xu W, Shi J, Hu W, Jin N, et al. TDP-43 suppresses tau expression via promoting its mRNA instability. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:6177-6193 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that TDP-43 suppresses tau expression by promoting the instability of its mRNA. Down-regulation of TDP-43 may be involved in the tau pathology in AD and related neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Jackson N, Ceresa B. EGFR-mediated apoptosis via STAT3. Exp Cell Res. 2017;356:93-103 pubmed publisher..A reduction in STAT3 expression via RNAi resulted in a significant attenuation of EGF-induced PARP cleavage. Our findings support STAT3 as a positive mediator of EGF-induced apoptosis in MDA-MB-468 cells. ..
- Lakka S, Gondi C, Yanamandra N, Olivero W, Dinh D, Gujrati M, et al. Inhibition of cathepsin B and MMP-9 gene expression in glioblastoma cell line via RNA interference reduces tumor cell invasion, tumor growth and angiogenesis. Oncogene. 2004;23:4681-9 pubmed..For the first time, these observations demonstrate that the simultaneous RNAi-mediated targeting of MMP-9 and cathepsin B has potential application for the treatment of human gliomas. ..
- Chen W, Chan D, Donald C, Lilly M, Kraft A. Pim family kinases enhance tumor growth of prostate cancer cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2005;3:443-51 pubmed..Thus, the effects of Pim on PP2A activity may mediate the levels of c-Myc and the phosphorylation of proteins needed for increased protein synthesis. Both of these changes could have a significant impact on tumor growth. ..
- Shpargel K, Matera A. Gemin proteins are required for efficient assembly of Sm-class ribonucleoproteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:17372-7 pubmed..Collectively, our results identify a previously uncharacterized function for Gemin3 and Gemin4 in Sm core assembly and correlate the activity of this pathway with SMA. ..
- De La Fuente J, Almazan C, Naranjo V, Blouin E, Meyer J, Kocan K. Autocidal control of ticks by silencing of a single gene by RNA interference. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;344:332-8 pubmed..Conservation of subolesin among tick species suggests that SAT may be useful for control of many medically and economically important tick species...
- Wu M, Herman M. A novel noncanonical Wnt pathway is involved in the regulation of the asymmetric B cell division in C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2006;293:316-29 pubmed..We conclude that a noncanonical Wnt pathway, which is different from other Wnt pathways in C. elegans, regulates B cell polarity. ..
- Maguire K, Kmiec E. Multiple roles for MSH2 in the repair of a deletion mutation directed by modified single-stranded oligonucleotides. Gene. 2007;386:107-14 pubmed..These results reveal that the mechanism of TNE between yeast and mammalian cells is not conserved, and demonstrate that the suppression of the TNE reaction can be bypassed using RNAi against MSH2 designed to knockdown its expression. ..
- Tararova N, Narizhneva N, Krivokrisenko V, Gudkov A, Gurova K. Prostate cancer cells tolerate a narrow range of androgen receptor expression and activity. Prostate. 2007;67:1801-15 pubmed..Thus, both approaches, inhibition and over-stimulation of AR activity, may have therapeutic value for treatment of prostate cancer. ..
- Wu J, Cho H, Rhee D, Johnson D, Dunlap J, Liu Y, et al. Cdc14B depletion leads to centriole amplification, and its overexpression prevents unscheduled centriole duplication. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:475-83 pubmed publisher..This inhibitory function requires centriole-associated Cdc14B catalytic activity. Together, these results suggest a potential function for Cdc14B phosphatase in maintaining the fidelity of centrosome duplication cycle...
- Gondi C, Rao J. Concepts in in vivo siRNA delivery for cancer therapy. J Cell Physiol. 2009;220:285-91 pubmed publisher..This review presents the early and intriguing successes of using siRNAs for in vivo gene silencing and its use as a possible cancer therapeutics. ..
- Sevova E, Bangs J. Streamlined architecture and glycosylphosphatidylinositol-dependent trafficking in the early secretory pathway of African trypanosomes. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4739-50 pubmed publisher..This unusual architecture probably maximizes efficiency of VSG transport and fidelity in organellar segregation during cytokinesis. ..
- Zhu F, Parthasarathy R, Bai H, Woithe K, Kaussmann M, Nauen R, et al. A brain-specific cytochrome P450 responsible for the majority of deltamethrin resistance in the QTC279 strain of Tribolium castaneum. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:8557-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the current studies on the brain-specific insect P450 involved in deltamethrin resistance shed new light on the understanding of the molecular basis and evolution of insecticide resistance. ..
- Galvin K, Travis E, Yee D, Magnuson T, Vivian J. Nodal signaling regulates the bone morphogenic protein pluripotency pathway in mouse embryonic stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19747-56 pubmed publisher..We conclude that autocrine Nodal signaling in undifferentiated mouse ES cells modulates the vital pluripotency pathway of BMP signaling. ..
- Dey M, Baldys A, Sumter D, Gooz P, Luttrell L, Raymond J, et al. Bradykinin decreases podocyte permeability through ADAM17-dependent epidermal growth factor receptor activation and zonula occludens-1 rearrangement. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010;334:775-83 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that ADAM17 and the EGFR may be potential novel therapeutic targets in diabetic nephropathy and other chronic kidney diseases. ..
- Heustis R, Ng H, Brand K, Rogers M, Le L, Specht C, et al. Pharyngeal polysaccharide deacetylases affect development in the nematode C. elegans and deacetylate chitin in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40426 pubmed publisher..elegans pharynx. Our results suggest that one function of PDAs in nematodes may be deacetylation of the chitinous pharyngeal lining. ..
- Shin S, Zou Z, Saha T, Raikhel A. bHLH-PAS heterodimer of methoprene-tolerant and Cycle mediates circadian expression of juvenile hormone-induced mosquito genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:16576-81 pubmed publisher..This study provides an important insight into the understanding of the molecular basis of JH action...
- Ruan Q, Xi L, Boye S, Han S, Chen Z, Hauswirth W, et al. Development of an anti-angiogenic therapeutic model combining scAAV2-delivered siRNAs and noninvasive photoacoustic imaging of tumor vasculature development. Cancer Lett. 2013;332:120-9 pubmed publisher..PA imaging showed that knockdown of UPR proteins greatly reduced tumor angiogenesis in vivo in breast cancer models. ..
- Do T, Xiao F, Bickel L, Klein Szanto A, Pathak H, Hua X, et al. Aurora kinase A mediates epithelial ovarian cancer cell migration and adhesion. Oncogene. 2014;33:539-49 pubmed publisher..They also point to the potential utility of combining AURKA inhibitors with taxanes as a therapeutic strategy for the treatment of EOC patients. ..
- Wang T, Cleary R, Wang R, Tang D. Role of the adapter protein Abi1 in actin-associated signaling and smooth muscle contraction. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:20713-22 pubmed publisher..Abi1 is activated by the c-Abl-CAS pathway, and Abi1 reciprocally controls the activation of its upstream regulator c-Abl. ..
- Ramakrishnan P, Clark P, Mason D, Peters E, Hsieh Wilson L, Baltimore D. Activation of the transcriptional function of the NF-?B protein c-Rel by O-GlcNAc glycosylation. Sci Signal. 2013;6:ra75 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a stimulus-specific role for hyperglycemia-induced O-GlcNAcylation of c-Rel in promoting T cell-mediated autoimmunity in conditions such as type 1 diabetes by enhancing the production of T helper cell cytokines. ..
- Seo G, Kincaid R, Phanaksri T, Burke J, Pare J, Cox J, et al. Reciprocal inhibition between intracellular antiviral signaling and the RNAi machinery in mammalian cells. Cell Host Microbe. 2013;14:435-45 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that, unlike in lower eukaryotes, mammalian RISC is not antiviral in some contexts, but rather RISC has been co-opted to negatively regulate toxic host antiviral effectors via microRNAs. ..
- Jadlowsky J, Wong J, Graham A, Dobrowolski C, Devor R, Adams M, et al. Negative elongation factor is required for the maintenance of proviral latency but does not induce promoter-proximal pausing of RNA polymerase II on the HIV long terminal repeat. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:1911-28 pubmed publisher..In contrast to most cellular genes, HIV is highly activated by the combined effects of NELF-E depletion and activation of initiation by TNF-?, suggesting that opportunities exist to selectively activate latent HIV proviruses...
- Deng X, Ewton D, Mercer S, Friedman E. Mirk/dyrk1B decreases the nuclear accumulation of class II histone deacetylases during skeletal muscle differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4894-905 pubmed..Mirk provides another level of regulation. Mirk is induced within the initial 24 h of myogenic differentiation and enables MEF2 to transcribe the myogenin gene by decreasing the nuclear accumulation of class II HDACs. ..
- Attardo G, Hansen I, Shiao S, Raikhel A. Identification of two cationic amino acid transporters required for nutritional signaling during mosquito reproduction. J Exp Biol. 2006;209:3071-8 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that active uptake of specific AAs plays a key role in nutritional signaling during the onset of vitellogenic gene expression in mosquitoes and it is mediated by two cationic AA transporters...
- Gupta S, Young D, Maitra R, Gupta A, Popovic Z, Yong S, et al. Prevention of cardiac hypertrophy and heart failure by silencing of NF-kappaB. J Mol Biol. 2008;375:637-49 pubmed..Our data suggest, for the first time, that inhibition of NF-kappaB using direct gene delivery of sh-p65 RNA results in regression of cardiac hypertrophy. These data validate NF-kappaB as a therapeutic target to prevent hypertrophy/HF. ..
- Rimkus S, Katzenberger R, Trinh A, Dodson G, Tibbetts R, Wassarman D. Mutations in String/CDC25 inhibit cell cycle re-entry and neurodegeneration in a Drosophila model of Ataxia telangiectasia. Genes Dev. 2008;22:1205-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, we hypothesize that ATM performs a cell cycle checkpoint function to protect post-mitotic neurons from degeneration and that cell cycle re-entry causes neurodegeneration in A-T...
- Wang Q, Gao F, Wang T, Flagg T, Deng X. A nonhomologous end-joining pathway is required for protein phosphatase 2A promotion of DNA double-strand break repair. Neoplasia. 2009;11:1012-21 pubmed..Thus, PP2A promotion of DSB repair may occur in a novel mechanism by activating the nonhomologous end-joining pathway through direct dephosphorylation of Ku and DNA-PKcs, which may contribute to maintenance of genetic stability. ..
- Qin Z, Dai L, Bratoeva M, Slomiany M, Toole B, Parsons C. Cooperative roles for emmprin and LYVE-1 in the regulation of chemoresistance for primary effusion lymphoma. Leukemia. 2011;25:1598-609 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data support interdependent roles for emmprin, LYVE-1 and BCRP in chemotherapeutic resistance for PEL. ..
- Franklin J, Carrasco G. G-protein receptor kinase 5 regulates the cannabinoid receptor 2-induced up-regulation of serotonin 2A receptors. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:15712-24 pubmed publisher..These data could provide a rationale for some of the adverse effects associated with repeated cannabinoid agonist exposure. ..
- Carr A, Sun L, Lee E, Li P, Antonacci C, Gorbea E, et al. The human oncogene SCL/TAL1 interrupting locus is required for mammalian dopaminergic cell proliferation through the Sonic hedgehog pathway. Cell Signal. 2014;26:306-12 pubmed publisher..Together, the results from this study suggest a novel role for the oncogene Stil in neural progenitor cells through the Shh pathway, and further introduces Stil as a bio-marker for DA cells. ..
- Kapadia F, Pryor A, Chang T, Johnson L. Nuclear localization of poly(A)+ mRNA following siRNA reduction of expression of the mammalian RNA helicases UAP56 and URH49. Gene. 2006;384:37-44 pubmed..These observations suggest that both helicases have essential but largely overlapping functions in the processing and export of mammalian mRNAs. ..
- Hoa N, Zhang J, Delgado C, Myers M, Callahan L, Vandeusen G, et al. Human monocytes kill M-CSF-expressing glioma cells by BK channel activation. Lab Invest. 2007;87:115-29 pubmed..This study demonstrates a novel mechanism whereby monocytes can induce paraptosis via the disruption of internal potassium ion homeostasis. ..
- Chung C, Koprich J, Endo S, Isacson O. An endogenous serine/threonine protein phosphatase inhibitor, G-substrate, reduces vulnerability in models of Parkinson's disease. J Neurosci. 2007;27:8314-23 pubmed
- Cazanave S, Elmi N, Akazawa Y, Bronk S, Mott J, Gores G. CHOP and AP-1 cooperatively mediate PUMA expression during lipoapoptosis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2010;299:G236-43 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that CHOP and AP-1 cooperatively mediate PUMA induction during hepatocyte lipoapoptosis. ..
- Green D, Murphy T, Kang B, Kleinhenz J, Szyndralewiez C, Page P, et al. The Nox4 inhibitor GKT137831 attenuates hypoxia-induced pulmonary vascular cell proliferation. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2012;47:718-26 pubmed publisher..Targeting Nox4 with GKT137831 provides a novel strategy to attenuate hypoxia-induced alterations in pulmonary vascular wall cells that contribute to vascular remodeling and RVH, key features involved in PH pathogenesis. ..
- Wu L, Zheng Q. Active demethylation of the IL-2 Promoter in CD4+ T cells is mediated by an inducible DNA glycosylase, Myh. Mol Immunol. 2014;58:38-49 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that DNA demethylation is being selectively used to orchestrate a part of the naïve CD4(+) T cell differentiation program. ..
- Zhang M, Qian J, Lan Y, Lu Y, Li H, Hong B, et al. Anti-??M monoclonal antibodies kill myeloma cells via cell- and complement-mediated cytotoxicity. Int J Cancer. 2014;135:1132-41 pubmed publisher..These results support clinical development of anti-?2M mAbs, both as a monotherapy and in combination with lenalidomide, to improve MM patient outcome. ..
- Fishilevich E, VÃ©lez A, Khajuria C, Frey M, Hamm R, Wang H, et al. Use of chromatin remodeling ATPases as RNAi targets for parental control of western corn rootworm (Diabrotica virgifera virgifera) and Neotropical brown stink bug (Euschistus heros). Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;71:58-71 pubmed publisher..Additionally, knockdown of chd1 reduced the fecundity of E.Â heros. ..
- Simpson R, Bruno A, Chen R, Lott K, Tylec B, Bard J, et al. Trypanosome RNA Editing Mediator Complex proteins have distinct functions in gRNA utilization. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:7965-7983 pubmed publisher..Our data support a model in which RNA editing is executed via multiple paths that necessitate successive re-modification of junction regions facilitated, in part, by the REMC variant containing TbRGG2 and MRB8180. ..
- Brown S, Hosking P, Li J, Williams N. ATP synthase is responsible for maintaining mitochondrial membrane potential in bloodstream form Trypanosoma brucei. Eukaryot Cell. 2006;5:45-53 pubmed..These results support the role of the ATP synthase in the maintenance of the mitochondrial membrane potential in bloodstream form T. brucei. ..
- Jakymiw A, Pauley K, Li S, Ikeda K, Lian S, Eystathioy T, et al. The role of GW/P-bodies in RNA processing and silencing. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:1317-23 pubmed..Here, we propose a working model for GW body assembly in terms of its relationship to RNA interference. In this process, one or more heteromeric protein complexes accumulate in successive steps into larger ribonucleoprotein structures...
- Hwang Verslues W, Sladek F. Nuclear receptor hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha1 competes with oncoprotein c-Myc for control of the p21/WAF1 promoter. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:78-90 pubmed..These results suggest a general model by which a differentiation factor (HNF4alpha1) and a proliferation factor (c-Myc) may compete for control of genes involved in cell proliferation and differentiation. ..
- Vidali L, Augustine R, Kleinman K, Bezanilla M. Profilin is essential for tip growth in the moss Physcomitrella patens. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3705-22 pubmed..Additionally, profilin is not needed for formation of F-actin, but profilin and its interactions with actin and poly-l-proline ligands are required to properly organize F-actin...
- Mattiacio J, Read L. Roles for TbDSS-1 in RNA surveillance and decay of maturation by-products from the 12S rRNA locus. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:319-29 pubmed
- Semela D, Das A, Langer D, Kang N, Leof E, Shah V. Platelet-derived growth factor signaling through ephrin-b2 regulates hepatic vascular structure and function. Gastroenterology. 2008;135:671-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we identify a key role for ephrin-B2 as a downstream effector of PDGF signaling. These studies elucidate novel HSC-signaling pathways that regulate microvascular structure and function in liver. ..
- Guang S, Bochner A, Pavelec D, Burkhart K, Harding S, Lachowiec J, et al. An Argonaute transports siRNAs from the cytoplasm to the nucleus. Science. 2008;321:537-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, specific Argonaute proteins can transport specific classes of small regulatory RNAs to distinct cellular compartments to regulate gene expression. ..