Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rna interference in Netherlands
Topic: rna interference
- Ivanova I, Vermeulen J, Ercan C, Houthuijzen J, Saig F, Vlug E, et al. FER kinase promotes breast cancer metastasis by regulating ?6- and ?1-integrin-dependent cell adhesion and anoikis resistance. Oncogene. 2013;32:5582-92 pubmed publisher..These findings establish FER as a promising target for the prevention and inhibition of metastatic breast cancer. ..
- Schotte R, Nagasawa M, Weijer K, Spits H, Blom B. The ETS transcription factor Spi-B is required for human plasmacytoid dendritic cell development. J Exp Med. 2004;200:1503-9 pubmed..However, in contrast to Spi-B, PU.1 knock down inhibited B cell and myeloid cell development as well. These results identify Spi-B as a key regulator of human pDC development. ..
- Schnettler E, Hemmes H, Huismann R, Goldbach R, Prins M, Kormelink R. Diverging affinity of tospovirus RNA silencing suppressor proteins, NSs, for various RNA duplex molecules. J Virol. 2010;84:11542-54 pubmed publisher..The observed affinity to long dsRNA for only a subset of the tospoviruses studied is discussed in light of evolutional divergence and their ancestral relation to the animal-infecting members of the Bunyaviridae...
- Jacobs C, van der Zee M. Immune competence in insect eggs depends on the extraembryonic serosa. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;41:263-9 pubmed publisher..Drosophila eggs and serosa-less Tribolium eggs, however, show little to no upregulation of any of the tested immune genes. We conclude that the extraembryonic serosa is crucial for the early immune competence of the Tribolium egg...
- Riemer P, Rydenfelt M, Marks M, van Eunen K, Thedieck K, Herrmann B, et al. Oncogenic Î²-catenin and PIK3CA instruct network states and cancer phenotypes in intestinal organoids. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1567-1577 pubmed publisher..Our work defines phenotypes, signaling network states, and vulnerabilities of transgenic intestinal organoids as a novel approach to understanding oncogene activities and guiding the development of targeted therapies. ..