Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rna binding proteins in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: rna binding proteins
Publications212 found, 100 shown here
- Kanadia R, Shin J, Yuan Y, Beattie S, Wheeler T, Thornton C, et al. Reversal of RNA missplicing and myotonia after muscleblind overexpression in a mouse poly(CUG) model for myotonic dystrophy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:11748-53 pubmed
- Mertz J, Kobayashi R, Dudley J. ALY is a common coactivator of RUNX1 and c-Myb on the type B leukemogenic virus enhancer. J Virol. 2007;81:3503-13 pubmed..ALY also synergized with c-Myb, and coimmunoprecipitation experiments demonstrated an interaction between ALY and c-Myb. These experiments suggest a central role for ALY in T-cell enhancer function and oncogene activation. ..
- Snee M, Harrison D, Yan N, Macdonald P. A late phase of Oskar accumulation is crucial for posterior patterning of the Drosophila embryo, and is blocked by ectopic expression of Bruno. Differentiation. 2007;75:246-55 pubmed..Taken together, these results strongly argue that a late phase in accumulation of Osk protein, typically not monitored because of imperviousness of late stage oocytes to antibodies, is crucial for body patterning. ..
- Chen Y, Gollnick P. Alanine scanning mutagenesis of anti-TRAP (AT) reveals residues involved in binding to TRAP. J Mol Biol. 2008;377:1529-43 pubmed publisher..In vivo studies confirmed the importance of these residues on the top of AT in regulating TRAP mediated gene regulation...
- Lorson M, Spate L, Prather R, Lorson C. Identification and characterization of the porcine (Sus scrofa) survival motor neuron (SMN1) gene: an animal model for therapeutic studies. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:2268-78 pubmed publisher..These studies provide the first characterization of the porcine SMN1 gene and SMN protein and suggest that a transgenic swine SMA model is feasible. ..
- Snee M, Macdonald P. Bicaudal C and trailer hitch have similar roles in gurken mRNA localization and cytoskeletal organization. Dev Biol. 2009;328:434-44 pubmed publisher..The cages sequester Gurken protein, blocking its secretion and thus interfering with signaling of the follicle cells to specify dorsal fate. ..
- Ho J, Johnson A. NMD3 encodes an essential cytoplasmic protein required for stable 60S ribosomal subunits in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2389-99 pubmed..However, these proteins all have an amino-terminal domain containing four repeats of Cx2C, reminiscent of zinc-binding proteins, implicated in nucleic acid binding or protein oligomerization. ..
- Wang C, Papendick B, Bruinsma P, Day J. Identification of a novel missense mutation of the SMN(T) gene in two siblings with spinal muscular atrophy. Neurogenetics. 1998;1:273-6 pubmed..Another missense mutation has been reported recently on position 869. The fact that two mutations on the same codon both result in SMA suggest a functional significance of this amino acid within the SMN protein. ..
- Le Hir H, Moore M, Maquat L. Pre-mRNA splicing alters mRNP composition: evidence for stable association of proteins at exon-exon junctions. Genes Dev. 2000;14:1098-108 pubmed..Such proteins could influence downstream metabolic events in vivo such as mRNA transport, translation, and nonsense-mediated decay. ..
- MacDonald P. Diversity in translational regulation. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2001;13:326-31 pubmed..Diversity seems to be a central feature of translational control, both in the mechanisms themselves and in the situations where this form of regulation is used. ..
- Xu B, Skowronek K, Kurjan J. The N terminus of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Sst2p plays an RGS-domain-independent, Mpt5p-dependent role in recovery from pheromone arrest. Genetics. 2001;159:1559-71 pubmed..RGS family members from other fungi contain N-terminal domains with sequence similarity to the Sst2p MPI domain, suggesting that MPI function may be conserved. ..
- Costa A, Wang Y, Dockendorff T, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Schedl P, et al. The Drosophila fragile X protein functions as a negative regulator in the orb autoregulatory pathway. Dev Cell. 2005;8:331-42 pubmed..We show that dFMR1 functions as a negative regulator in the orb autoregulatory circuit, downregulating orb mRNA translation. ..
- Thompson B, Lamont L, Kimble J. Germ-line induction of the Caenorhabditis elegans vulva. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:620-5 pubmed..Our findings reveal new insights into germ line-to-soma signals and the role of PUF proteins in animal development. ..
- Peters G, Li S, Sen G. Phosphorylation of specific serine residues in the PKR activation domain of PACT is essential for its ability to mediate apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:35129-36 pubmed..These results indicate that phosphorylation of specific serine residues in the activation domain of PACT is the major mode of transmission of cellular stress response to PKR. ..
- Wang X, Li Y, Zhang X, Goodrich D. An allelic series for studying the mouse Thoc1 gene. Genesis. 2007;45:32-7 pubmed..The dwarf phenotype can be detected in mid-gestation embryos, suggesting that Thoc1 is also required later in embryonic and postnatal development. ..
- ..These results imply remarkable flexibility in the export pathway for the 60S subunit and help explain how different export receptors could have evolved in different eukaryotic lineages. ..
- Kwon Y, Murray M, Hecht N. Proteins homologous to the Xenopus germ cell-specific RNA-binding proteins p54/p56 are temporally expressed in mouse male germ cells. Dev Biol. 1993;158:99-100 pubmed
- Basu S, Binder R, Ramalingam T, Srivastava P. CD91 is a common receptor for heat shock proteins gp96, hsp90, hsp70, and calreticulin. Immunity. 2001;14:303-13 pubmed..Postuptake processing of gp96-chaperoned peptides requires proteasomes and the transporters associated with antigen processing, utilizing the classical endogenous antigen presentation pathway. ..
- Dickson K, Thompson S, Gray N, Wickens M. Poly(A) polymerase and the regulation of cytoplasmic polyadenylation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:41810-6 pubmed
- Mikulecky P, Kaw M, Brescia C, Takach J, Sledjeski D, Feig A. Escherichia coli Hfq has distinct interaction surfaces for DsrA, rpoS and poly(A) RNAs. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2004;11:1206-14 pubmed..Our model explains how Hfq can simultaneously bind a ncRNA and its mRNA target to facilitate the strand displacement reaction required for Hfq-dependent translational regulation. ..
- Nekorchuk M, Han Z, Hsieh T, Swaminathan S. Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus ORF57 protein enhances mRNA accumulation independently of effects on nuclear RNA export. J Virol. 2007;81:9990-8 pubmed..This mutant retained function, demonstrating that, unlike the ORF57 homolog in herpesvirus saimiri, nucleolar trafficking is not required for ORF57 function in enhancing mRNA accumulation. ..
- Tijerina P, Mohr S, Russell R. DMS footprinting of structured RNAs and RNA-protein complexes. Nat Protoc. 2007;2:2608-23 pubmed..This protocol takes 1.5-3 d to complete, depending on the type of analysis used. ..
- Yu B, Bi L, Zheng B, Ji L, Chevalier D, Agarwal M, et al. The FHA domain proteins DAWDLE in Arabidopsis and SNIP1 in humans act in small RNA biogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:10073-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we uncovered an evolutionarily conserved factor in miRNA biogenesis. We propose that DDL participates in miRNA biogenesis by facilitating DCL1 to access or recognize pri-miRNAs. ..
- Kwak J, Drier E, Barbee S, Ramaswami M, Yin J, Wickens M. GLD2 poly(A) polymerase is required for long-term memory. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:14644-9 pubmed publisher..These findings provide strong evidence that cytoplasmic polyadenylation is critical for memory formation, and that GLD2 is the enzyme responsible. ..
- Chadalavada D, Gratton E, Bevilacqua P. The human HDV-like CPEB3 ribozyme is intrinsically fast-reacting. Biochemistry. 2010;49:5321-30 pubmed publisher..It is therefore possible that cellular factors interact with regions upstream of the CPEB3 ribozyme to unmask its high intrinsic reactivity. ..
- Weaver P, Sun C, Chang T. Dbp3p, a putative RNA helicase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, is required for efficient pre-rRNA processing predominantly at site A3. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:1354-65 pubmed..The [KKX] repeats thus represent a novel signaling motif for nuclear localization and/or retention. ..
- Gelperin D, Horton L, Beckman J, Hensold J, Lemmon S. Bms1p, a novel GTP-binding protein, and the related Tsr1p are required for distinct steps of 40S ribosome biogenesis in yeast. RNA. 2001;7:1268-83 pubmed..Finally, Bms1p is a GTP-binding protein, the first found to function in ribosome assembly or rRNA processing. ..
- Kallstrom G, Hedges J, Johnson A. The putative GTPases Nog1p and Lsg1p are required for 60S ribosomal subunit biogenesis and are localized to the nucleus and cytoplasm, respectively. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:4344-55 pubmed..Since Lsg1p is cytoplasmic, its role in nuclear export is likely to be indirect. We suggest that Lsg1p is needed to recycle an export factor(s) that shuttles from the nucleus associated with the nascent 60S subunit. ..
- Geng C, Macdonald P. Imp associates with squid and Hrp48 and contributes to localized expression of gurken in the oocyte. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:9508-16 pubmed..The opposing effects of reduced and elevated Imp activity on gurken mRNA expression indicate a role in gurken mRNA regulation. ..
- Zhu H, Zhou H, Hasman R, Lou H. Hu proteins regulate polyadenylation by blocking sites containing U-rich sequences. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:2203-10 pubmed..These studies identify a novel group of mammalian polyadenylation regulators. Furthermore, they define a previously unknown nuclear function of Hu proteins. ..
- Goulah C, Read L. Differential effects of arginine methylation on RBP16 mRNA binding, guide RNA (gRNA) binding, and gRNA-containing ribonucleoprotein complex (gRNP) formation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:7181-90 pubmed..Thus, TbPRMT1-catalyzed Arg methylation has distinct effects on RBP16 gRNA and mRNA association and gRNA-containing ribonucleoprotein complex (gRNP) formation. ..
- Dimatteo D, Callahan S, Kmiec E. Genetic conversion of an SMN2 gene to SMN1: a novel approach to the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:878-86 pubmed..This is the first report of the use of ODNs to direct genetic conversion of SMN2 to SMN1 in human cells from SMA patients. ..
- Niedowicz D, Beckett T, Holler C, Weidner A, Murphy M. APP(DeltaNL695) expression in murine tissue downregulates CNBP expression. Neurosci Lett. 2010;482:57-61 pubmed publisher..This effect does not appear to be due to alterations in CNBP transcription. APP(Swe) expression may provide a tool for the study of CNBP regulation and clues to the roles of both proteins in disease. ..
- Brendza R, Serbus L, Duffy J, Saxton W. A function for kinesin I in the posterior transport of oskar mRNA and Staufen protein. Science. 2000;289:2120-2 pubmed..Thus, a complex containing oskar mRNA and Staufen may be transported along microtubules to the posterior pole by kinesin I. ..
- Chou C, Mulky A, Maitra S, Lin W, Gherzi R, Kappes J, et al. Tethering KSRP, a decay-promoting AU-rich element-binding protein, to mRNAs elicits mRNA decay. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:3695-706 pubmed..These results provide a foundation for the development of novel therapeutic strategies to inhibit specific gene expression in patients with acquired or hereditary diseases. ..
- Prinz S, Aldridge C, Ramsey S, Taylor R, Galitski T. Control of signaling in a MAP-kinase pathway by an RNA-binding protein. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e249 pubmed..The results provide an example of what may be a genome-scale level of regulation at the interface of signaling networks and protein-RNA binding networks. ..
- Wang Q, Zhang Z, Blackwell K, Carmichael G. Vigilins bind to promiscuously A-to-I-edited RNAs and are involved in the formation of heterochromatin. Curr Biol. 2005;15:384-91 pubmed..These results are consistent with a mechanistic link between components of the DNA-repair machinery and RNA-mediated gene silencing. ..
- Perrotti D, Neviani P. From mRNA metabolism to cancer therapy: chronic myelogenous leukemia shows the way. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:1638-42 pubmed
- Qiao X, Sun Y, Qiao J, Mindich L. Interaction of a host protein with core complexes of bacteriophage phi6 to control transcription. J Virol. 2010;84:4821-5 pubmed publisher..Punctate fluorescence develops when cells are infected with YajQ-dependent viruses. It appears that the host protein binds to the infecting particles and remains with them during the entire infection period...
- Hebert M, Szymczyk P, Shpargel K, Matera A. Coilin forms the bridge between Cajal bodies and SMN, the spinal muscular atrophy protein. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2720-9 pubmed..A cardinal feature of SMA patient cells is a defect in the targeting of SMN to nuclear foci; our results uncover a role for coilin in this process...
- Narayanan U, Ospina J, Frey M, Hebert M, Matera A. SMN, the spinal muscular atrophy protein, forms a pre-import snRNP complex with snurportin1 and importin beta. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:1785-95 pubmed..Therefore, we conclude that, following Sm protein assembly, the SMN complex persists until the final stages of cytoplasmic snRNP maturation and may provide somatic cell RNPs with an alternative NLS...
- Brooks Y, Wang G, Yang Z, Smith K, Bieberich E, Ko L. Functional pre- mRNA trans-splicing of coactivator CoAA and corepressor RBM4 during stem/progenitor cell differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:18033-46 pubmed publisher..The alternative splicing imbalance of CoAA and RBM4, because of loss of their common enhancer in cancer, may deregulate stem/progenitor cell differentiation. ..
- Terenzi F, Ladd A. Conserved developmental alternative splicing of muscleblind-like (MBNL) transcripts regulates MBNL localization and activity. RNA Biol. 2010;7:43-55 pubmed..Thus, we propose that conserved developmental stage- and tissue-specific alternative splicing of MBNL transcripts is an important mechanism by which MBNL activity is regulated during embryonic development. ..
- Sheflin L, Zhang W, Spaulding S. Androgen regulates the level and subcellular distribution of the AU-rich ribonucleic acid-binding protein HuR both in vitro and in vivo. Endocrinology. 2001;142:2361-8 pubmed
- Steinmetz E, Brow D. Ssu72 protein mediates both poly(A)-coupled and poly(A)-independent termination of RNA polymerase II transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:6339-49 pubmed..These findings extend the parallels between the two termination pathways and suggest that they share a common mechanism to signal Pol II termination. ..
- Gómez Curet I, Robinson K, Funanage V, Crawford T, Scavina M, Wang W. Robust quantification of the SMN gene copy number by real-time TaqMan PCR. Neurogenetics. 2007;8:271-8 pubmed..Quantitative analysis of the SMN copy number in SMA fibroblasts by this approach showed deletion of SMN1 and an inverse correlation between the SMN2 copy number and severity of the disease. ..
- Bennett R, Blalock W, Choi E, Lee Y, Zhang Y, Zhou L, et al. RAX is required for fly neuronal development and mouse embryogenesis. Mech Dev. 2008;125:777-85 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings in two different species illustrate the importance of RAX for embryonic development. ..
- Ogba N, Doughman Y, Chaplin L, Hu Y, Gargesha M, Watanabe M, et al. HEXIM1 modulates vascular endothelial growth factor expression and function in breast epithelial cells and mammary gland. Oncogene. 2010;29:3639-49 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data provide evidence to suggest a novel role for HEXIM1 in cancer progression. ..
- Gao M, Wilusz C, Peltz S, Wilusz J. A novel mRNA-decapping activity in HeLa cytoplasmic extracts is regulated by AU-rich elements. EMBO J. 2001;20:1134-43 pubmed..The stimulation of decapping by AREs requires sequence-specific ARE-binding proteins. These data suggest that cap recognition and decapping play key roles in mediating mRNA turnover in mammalian cells. ..
- Brauch K, Karst M, Herron K, de Andrade M, Pellikka P, Rodeheffer R, et al. Mutations in ribonucleic acid binding protein gene cause familial dilated cardiomyopathy. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009;54:930-41 pubmed publisher..RBM20 mutations are associated with young age at diagnosis, end-stage heart failure, and high mortality. ..
- Laplante J, O Rourke F, Lu X, Fein A, Olsen A, Feinstein M. Cloning of human Ca2+ homoeostasis endoplasmic reticulum protein (CHERP): regulated expression of antisense cDNA depletes CHERP, inhibits intracellular Ca2+ mobilization and decreases cell proliferation. Biochem J. 2000;348 Pt 1:189-99 pubmed
- De Leon G, Sherry T, Krucher N. Reduced expression of PNUTS leads to activation of Rb-phosphatase and caspase-mediated apoptosis. Cancer Biol Ther. 2008;7:833-41 pubmed..These results indicate that Rb phosphorylation state can be manipulated by targeting Rb phosphatase activity and suggest that PNUTS may be a potential target for therapeutic pro-apoptotic strategies. ..
- Maquat L. Nonsense-mediated mRNA decay. Curr Biol. 2002;12:R196-7 pubmed
- Xing H, Mayhew C, Cullen K, Park Sarge O, Sarge K. HSF1 modulation of Hsp70 mRNA polyadenylation via interaction with symplekin. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:10551-5 pubmed..Thus, HSF1 regulates HSP gene expression at not one but two different steps of the expression pathway, functioning both as a transcription factor and a polyadenylation stimulatory factor. ..
- Albrecht E, Salz H. The Drosophila sex determination gene snf is utilized for the establishment of the female-specific splicing pattern of Sex-lethal. Genetics. 1993;134:801-7 pubmed..Whether snf influences the female-specific splice site choice directly or indirectly remains to be determined. ..
- Sharma V, Li B, Reese J. SWI/SNF-dependent chromatin remodeling of RNR3 requires TAF(II)s and the general transcription machinery. Genes Dev. 2003;17:502-15 pubmed..Thus, the general transcription machinery can contribute to nucleosome remodeling by mediating the association of SWI/SNF with promoters, thereby revealing a novel pathway for the recruitment of chromatin remodeling activities. ..
- Adereth Y, Dammai V, Kose N, Li R, Hsu T. RNA-dependent integrin alpha3 protein localization regulated by the Muscleblind-like protein MLP1. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:1240-7 pubmed
- Reichman T, Mathews M. RNA binding and intramolecular interactions modulate the regulation of gene expression by nuclear factor 110. RNA. 2003;9:543-54 pubmed..We propose a model in which structured RNAs regulate gene expression by modulating transcription through interactions with members of the NF90 protein family. ..
- Miller M, Halbig K, Cruz Reyes J, Read L. RBP16 stimulates trypanosome RNA editing in vitro at an early step in the editing reaction. RNA. 2006;12:1292-303 pubmed..Our results constitute the first report of any putative RNA editing accessory factor eliciting an effect on editing in vitro. Overall, these results support a novel accessory role for RBP16 in U insertion editing. ..
- Fasciano S, Kaufman A, Patel R. Expression of PACT is regulated by Sp1 transcription factor. Gene. 2007;388:74-82 pubmed
- Brechbiel J, Gavis E. Spatial regulation of nanos is required for its function in dendrite morphogenesis. Curr Biol. 2008;18:745-750 pubmed publisher..Targeting of nos mRNA to the processes of da neurons may reflect a local requirement for Nos protein in dendritic translational control. ..
- Zhao X, Nowak N, Shows T, Aplan P. MAGOH interacts with a novel RNA-binding protein. Genomics. 2000;63:145-8 pubmed..Like MAGOH, RBM8 gene is expressed ubiquitously in human tissues; three species of RBM8 mRNA were detected. Also similar to MAGOH, RBM8 expression is serum inducible in quiescent NIH3T3 fibroblast cells. ..
- Roy H, Ibba M. Phenylalanyl-tRNA synthetase contains a dispensable RNA-binding domain that contributes to the editing of noncognate aminoacyl-tRNA. Biochemistry. 2006;45:9156-62 pubmed..This proposed role for the B2 domain of PheRS is consistent with previous studies, suggesting that the highly conserved EMAPII fold is able to modulate the affinity of tRNA for its primary binding site. ..
- Nguyen H, Wolff K, Cartabuke R, Ogwang S, Nguyen L. A lipoprotein modulates activity of the MtrAB two-component system to provide intrinsic multidrug resistance, cytokinetic control and cell wall homeostasis in Mycobacterium. Mol Microbiol. 2010;76:348-64 pubmed publisher..These results support a model in which LpqB, MtrB and MtrA form a three-component system that co-ordinates cytokinetic and cell wall homeostatic processes...
- Salz H, Flickinger T. Both loss-of-function and gain-of-function mutations in snf define a role for snRNP proteins in regulating Sex-lethal pre-mRNA splicing in Drosophila development. Genetics. 1996;144:95-108 pubmed..Based on these studies we suggest a model in which the snRNP protein, Snf, functions with Sex-lethal to block recognition of the regulated male-specific exon. ..
- Lee M, Hook B, Lamont L, Wickens M, Kimble J. LIP-1 phosphatase controls the extent of germline proliferation in Caenorhabditis elegans. EMBO J. 2006;25:88-96 pubmed..The control of germline proliferation by LIP-1 has intriguing parallels with the control of stem cells and progenitor cells in vertebrates. ..
- Lian S, Fritzler M, Katz J, Hamazaki T, Terada N, Satoh M, et al. Small interfering RNA-mediated silencing induces target-dependent assembly of GW/P bodies. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:3375-87 pubmed..We propose that RNAi is a key regulatory mechanism for the assembly of GWB, and in some cases, GWB may serve as markers for RNAi in mammalian cells...
- Theeler B, Keylock J, Yoest S, Forouhar M. Ewing's sarcoma family tumors mimicking primary central nervous system neoplasms. J Neurol Sci. 2009;284:186-9 pubmed publisher..Correct diagnosis is essential as the treatment paradigms for both entities differ. We present two cases of isolated central nervous system presentations of ESFTs mimicking primary central nervous system neoplasms...
- Pandit S, Paul S, Zhang L, Chen M, Durbin N, Harrison S, et al. Spp382p interacts with multiple yeast splicing factors, including possible regulators of Prp43 DExD/H-Box protein function. Genetics. 2009;183:195-206 pubmed publisher..These and related data establish the value of this dosage interference assay for finding genes that alter cellular splicing and define Sqs1p and Cwc23p as prospective modulators of Spp382p-stimuated Prp43p function. ..
- Reveal B, Yan N, Snee M, Pai C, Gim Y, Macdonald P. BREs mediate both repression and activation of oskar mRNA translation and act in trans. Dev Cell. 2010;18:496-502 pubmed publisher..Regulation in trans is likely enabled by assembly of oskar transcripts in cytoplasmic RNPs. Concentration of transcripts in such RNPs is common, and trans regulation of mRNAs may therefore be widespread...
- Burnette Vick B, Champney W, Musich P. A temperature-sensitive mutant of Escherichia coli with an alteration in ribosomal protein L22. Genetica. 1994;94:17-25 pubmed..The point mutation in the L22 gene is uniquely responsible for the temperature-sensitivity of this strain. ..
- Banga S, Ozer H, Wilusz J. Assignment of GRSF1 encoding a poly(A)+ mRNA binding protein to human chromosome 4q13. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1996;73:295-6 pubmed
- Gelperin D, Horton L, Dechant A, Hensold J, Lemmon S. Loss of ypk1 function causes rapamycin sensitivity, inhibition of translation initiation and synthetic lethality in 14-3-3-deficient yeast. Genetics. 2002;161:1453-64 pubmed..These results suggest that Ypk regulates translation initiation in response to nutrient signals, either through the TOR pathway or in a functionally related pathway parallel to TOR. ..
- Noueiry A, Diez J, Falk S, Chen J, Ahlquist P. Yeast Lsm1p-7p/Pat1p deadenylation-dependent mRNA-decapping factors are required for brome mosaic virus genomic RNA translation. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:4094-106 pubmed
- Zimowska G, Shi J, Munguba G, Jackson M, Alpatov R, Simmons M, et al. Pinin/DRS/memA interacts with SRp75, SRm300 and SRrp130 in corneal epithelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2003;44:4715-23 pubmed..The results suggest that Pnn and SR-rich proteins may be part of a multiprotein complex within the nucleus and may be involved in pre-mRNA processing. ..
- Ling J, Morley S, Pain V, Marzluff W, Gallie D. The histone 3'-terminal stem-loop-binding protein enhances translation through a functional and physical interaction with eukaryotic initiation factor 4G (eIF4G) and eIF3. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:7853-67 pubmed..These data indicate that SLBP stimulates the translation of histone mRNAs through a functional interaction with both the mRNA stem-loop and the 5' cap that is mediated by eIF4G and eIF3. ..
- Qi Y, Ding B. Differential subnuclear localization of RNA strands of opposite polarity derived from an autonomously replicating viroid. Plant Cell. 2003;15:2566-77 pubmed
- Hall Pogar T, Liang S, Hague L, Lutz C. Specific trans-acting proteins interact with auxiliary RNA polyadenylation elements in the COX-2 3'-UTR. RNA. 2007;13:1103-15 pubmed..Finally, we suggest that these proteins (p54(nrb), PTB, PSF, and U1A) may interact as a complex since immunoprecipitations of the transfected MS2 fusion proteins coprecipitate the other proteins. ..
- Anderson J, Wilson S, Datar K, Swanson M. NAB2: a yeast nuclear polyadenylated RNA-binding protein essential for cell viability. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:2730-41 pubmed..NAB2 is located on chromosome VII within a cluster of ribonucleoprotein genes, and its expression is essential for cell growth. ..
- Hodge C, Colot H, Stafford P, Cole C. Rat8p/Dbp5p is a shuttling transport factor that interacts with Rat7p/Nup159p and Gle1p and suppresses the mRNA export defect of xpo1-1 cells. EMBO J. 1999;18:5778-88 pubmed..In a screen for high-copy suppressors of the rat8-2 allele of DBP5, we identified YMR255w, now called GFD1. Gfd1p is not essential, interacts with Gle1p and Rip1p/Nup42p, and is found in the cytoplasm and at the nuclear rim. ..
- Kanadia R, Johnstone K, Mankodi A, Lungu C, Thornton C, Esson D, et al. A muscleblind knockout model for myotonic dystrophy. Science. 2003;302:1978-80 pubmed..Our results support the hypothesis that manifestations of DM can result from sequestration of specific RNA binding proteins by a repetitive element expansion in a mutant RNA. ..
- Young L, Sanduja S, Bemis Standoli K, PENA E, Price R, Dixon D. The mRNA binding proteins HuR and tristetraprolin regulate cyclooxygenase 2 expression during colon carcinogenesis. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:1669-79 pubmed publisher..Increased expression of the mRNA stability factor HuR and loss of the decay factor TTP occurs during early stages of colorectal tumorigenesis. These changes promote COX-2 overexpression and could contribute to colon tumorigenesis. ..
- Gao Y, Pimplikar S. The gamma -secretase-cleaved C-terminal fragment of amyloid precursor protein mediates signaling to the nucleus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:14979-84 pubmed..Thus, our studies provide the evidence that, as predicted by the regulated intramembrane proteolysis mechanism, Cgamma seems to function in the nucleus. ..
- Sheflin L, Zou A, Spaulding S. Androgens regulate the binding of endogenous HuR to the AU-rich 3'UTRs of HIF-1alpha and EGF mRNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;322:644-51 pubmed..These changes in the shuttling and ARE-binding of endogenous HuR indicate that androgen can act posttranscriptionally to regulate ARE-mRNAs, including HIF-1alpha and EGF. ..
- Nikolajczyk B, Murray M, Hecht N. A mouse homologue of the Xenopus germ cell-specific ribonucleic acid/deoxyribonucleic acid-binding proteins p54/p56 interacts with the protamine 2 promoter. Biol Reprod. 1995;52:524-30 pubmed
- Gu W, Hecht N. Translation of a testis-specific Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase (SOD-1) mRNA is regulated by a 65-kilodalton protein which binds to its 5' untranslated region. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:4535-43 pubmed..We conclude that SOD-RBP serves as a repressor in the translation of TSOD-1 mRNA during spermiogenesis and thereby fine-tunes the level of Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase produced in maturing germ cells. ..
- Stepp J, Huang K, Lemmon S. The yeast adaptor protein complex, AP-3, is essential for the efficient delivery of alkaline phosphatase by the alternate pathway to the vacuole. J Cell Biol. 1997;139:1761-74 pubmed..We suggest that some AP-3-dependent cargo proteins that regulate late steps in Golgi to vacuole transport are diverted into the Vps pathway allowing completion of transfer to the vacuole in the class E vps mutant. ..
- Todd P, Malter J, Mack K. Whisker stimulation-dependent translation of FMRP in the barrel cortex requires activation of type I metabotropic glutamate receptors. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2003;110:267-78 pubmed..Taken together, these studies show that experience regulates FMRP production in vivo at the level of translation and supports a role for FMRP in metabotropic glutamate receptor mediated synaptic plasticity. ..
- Boukis L, Liu N, Furuyama S, Bruzik J. Ser/Arg-rich protein-mediated communication between U1 and U2 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particles. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:29647-53 pubmed..These results demonstrate that SR proteins are required for communication between U1 and U2 snRNPs whether this interaction is across introns or exons. ..