Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on risk factors in China
Topic: risk factors
Publications340 found, 100 shown here
- Guo L, Hu X, Guo Z, Kang G, Wu M, Zhou H. [Association and interaction between the components of metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2009;37:644-7 pubmed..Only BP is an independent CVD risk factor in the components of MS, the risk of CVD was significantly increased when BP was combined with other components of MS in this cohort. ..
- Wei B, Zhou Y, Xu Z, Ruan J, Zhu M, Jin K, et al. XRCC1 Arg399Gln and Arg194Trp polymorphisms in prostate cancer risk: a meta-analysis. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2011;14:225-31 pubmed publisher..However, in subgroup analysis we found a suggestion that XRCC1 399Gln allele might be a low-penetrent risk factor for PCa only in Asian men. ..
- Chen J, Lin Y, Zhang R, Huang Z, Pan X. Contribution of NAD(P)H quinone oxidoreductase 1 (NQO1) Pro187Ser polymorphism and risk of colorectal adenoma and colorectal cancer in Caucasians: a meta-analysis. Arch Med Res. 2012;43:58-66 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the aim of this meta-analysis was to quantitatively assess the relationships...
- Zheng J, Ding X, Tian X, Jin Z, Pan X, Yan H, et al. Assessment of different biomarkers provides valuable diagnostic standards in the evaluation of the risk of acute rejection. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2012;44:730-6 pubmed publisher..And iATP may be a better biomarker than others for predicting the graft rejection episode. ..
- Zhang J, Wang C, Tang Y, Peng H, Ye Z, Li C, et al. Serum immunoglobulin A/C3 ratio predicts progression of immunoglobulin A nephropathy. Nephrology (Carlton). 2013;18:125-31 pubmed publisher..In addition to some traditional risk factors, we also confirmed that IgA/C3 ratio is a useful predictor of poor outcomes of IgAN in Chinese patients. ..
- Liang X, Qu Y, Qu K, Jin C. [Type 2 diabetes prevalence and its risk factors among migrants and nonmigrants aged 35 years and older in Three Gorge Dam area, China]. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2012;46:697-702 pubmed..Increasing age, regular physical activity, family history of diabetes, overweight or obesity, central obesity, abnormal triglyceride, abnormal total cholesterol and abnormal LDL-C were related to type 2 diabetes. ..
- Yang G, Tanner M, Utzinger J, Malone J, Bergquist R, Chan E, et al. Malaria surveillance-response strategies in different transmission zones of the People's Republic of China: preparing for climate change. Malar J. 2012;11:426 pubmed publisher..Adequate and effective surveillance-response strategies for NMEP should be designed to achieve the goal of malaria elimination in P.R. China by 2020, especially in the zones predicted to be the most vulnerable for climate change. ..
- Cowling B, Jin L, Lau E, Liao Q, Wu P, Jiang H, et al. Comparative epidemiology of human infections with avian influenza A H7N9 and H5N1 viruses in China: a population-based study of laboratory-confirmed cases. Lancet. 2013;382:129-37 pubmed publisher..Both infections are thought to be mainly zoonotic. We aimed to compare the epidemiological characteristics of the complete series of laboratory-confirmed cases of both viruses in mainland China so far...
- Jiang Z, Tang X, Zhao Y, Zheng L. A functional variant at miR-34a binding site in toll-like receptor 4 gene alters susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma in a Chinese Han population. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:12345-52 pubmed publisher..miR-34a/TLR4 axis may play an important role in the development of hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Xie W, Jin D, Ma H, Ding J, Xu J, Zhang S, et al. Cement Leakage in Percutaneous Vertebral Augmentation for Osteoporotic Vertebral Compression Fractures: Analysis of Risk Factors. Clin Spine Surg. 2016;29:E171-6 pubmed publisher..085 and 0.144, respectively. High bone density and vertebral cortical bone defect are independent risk factors associated with bone cement leakage. ..
- Pei K, Huang Q, Zhang G, Lu C, Yu B, Yang L. Association Between the 4p16 Susceptibility Locus and the Risk of Atrial Septal Defect in Population from Southeast China. Pediatr Cardiol. 2016;37:120-4 pubmed publisher..Our study further supports that these three SNPs confer the predisposition to ASD phenotype in Chinese population. ..
- Wong W, Zhao Y, Wong N, Parish W, Miu H, Yang L, et al. Prevalence and risk factors of chlamydia infection in Hong Kong: A population-based geospatial household survey and testing. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0172561 pubmed publisher..Routine screening for sexually active women and young men should be considered. Further research on testing feasibility and linkage-to-care are urgently needed to control the infection. ..
- Wang T, Shu C, Li Q, Li M, Li X, He H, et al. First experience with the double chimney technique in the treatment of aortic arch diseases. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:1018-1027 pubmed publisher..More experience with long-term results is needed to evaluate the effectiveness and durability of this advanced endovascular procedure. ..
- Wu W, Lu J, Tang Q, Zhang S, Yuan B, Li J, et al. GSTM1 and GSTT1 null polymorphisms and male infertility risk: an updated meta-analysis encompassing 6934 subjects. Sci Rep. 2013;3:2258 pubmed publisher..Further studies of GSTM1 and GSTT1 with their biological functions are needed to understand the role of these genes in the development of male infertility. ..
- Shan Y, Shen N, Han L, Chen Q, Zhang J, Long X, et al. MicroRNA-499 Rs3746444 polymorphism and biliary atresia. Dig Liver Dis. 2016;48:423-8 pubmed publisher..37; 95% CI, 1.08-1.83). MiR-499 (rs3746444) gene polymorphisms may be genetic determinants for increased risk of BA and prolonged recovery of BA patients after liver transplantation in Han Chinese. ..
- Wu Y, Liu X, Hu L, Tao H, Guan X, Zhang K, et al. Copy number loss of variation_91720 in PIK3CA predicts risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14479-85 pubmed..0003) and increased with the copy number gain of Variation_91720. Our findings suggest that copy number loss of Variation_91720 in PIK3CA predicts risk of ESCC, which might serve as a biomarker that for early diagnosis of ESCC. ..
- Chung B, Ha S, Chan G, Chiang A, Lee T, Ho H, et al. Klebsiella infection in patients with thalassemia. Clin Infect Dis. 2003;36:575-9 pubmed..Klebsiella infection was a serious and frequently encountered complication in our patients with transfusion-dependent thalassemia, resulting in high mortality and morbidity rates. ..
- Hu Z, Xu L, Shao M, Yuan J, Wang Y, Wang F, et al. Polymorphisms in the two helicases ERCC2/XPD and ERCC3/XPB of the transcription factor IIH complex and risk of lung cancer: a case-control analysis in a Chinese population. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2006;15:1336-40 pubmed
- Yang X, So W, Ma R, Ko G, Kong A, Zhao H, et al. Low LDL cholesterol, albuminuria, and statins for the risk of cancer in type 2 diabetes: the Hong Kong diabetes registry. Diabetes Care. 2009;32:1826-32 pubmed publisher..In type 2 diabetes, there was interaction between low LDL cholesterol and albuminuria with increased cancer risks. The latter was attenuated in the presence of statin treatment. ..
- Liu J, Zhang H. 1790 G/A polymorphism, but not 1772 C/T polymorphism, is significantly associated with cancers: an update study. Gene. 2013;523:58-63 pubmed publisher..And no association existed when subdivided into population-type subgroups. In conclusion, PASD8 gene played an important role in the development of cancers. ..
- Xu F, Zhang H, Qi H. No association of adiponectin +45 T/G polymorphism with the risk of gestational diabetes mellitus: Evidence from a meta-analysis. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2016;17:1470320316653283 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis provides evidence that the ADIPOQ +45 T/G polymorphism was not related to the risk of GDM. Further multicenter, prospective studies with larger sample size would be valuable to confirm the result. ..
- Wang Q, Deng J, Yuan J, Wang L, Zhao Z, He S, et al. Oncogenic reg IV is a novel prognostic marker for glioma patient survival. Diagn Pathol. 2012;7:69 pubmed publisher..The virtual slide(s) for this article can be found here:http://www.diagnosticpathology.diagnomx.eu/vs/2145344361720706. ..
- Chen S, Zhou Y, Li J, Shan L, Fan Q. The effect of bradykinin B2 receptor polymorphisms on the susceptibility and severity of osteoarthritis in a Chinese cohort. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2012;2012:597637 pubmed publisher..The presence of -9?bp was associated with severer OA. The -58T/C polymorphisms did not affect OA risk and severity. The +9/-9?bp polymorphisms of BDKRB2 gene may be used as a genetic marker for the susceptibility and severity of OA. ..
- Chang Y, Qi X, Li Z, Wang F, Wang S, Zhang Z, et al. Hepatorenal syndrome: insights into the mechanisms of intra-abdominal hypertension. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;6:2523-8 pubmed..Our study suggested that intra-abdominal hypertension was a significant pathological mechanism and a potential independent risk factor of hepatorenal syndrome. ..
- Shea Y, Lam M, Lee M, Mok M, Lui S, Yip T, et al. Prevalence of CMMSE defined cognitive impairment among peritoneal dialysis patients and its impact on peritonitis. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2016;20:126-33 pubmed publisher..Overall, CI could not be identified as an independent risk factor for PD peritonitis. There is a higher prevalence of CI among assisted PD patients but helpers may not completely eliminate the risk of PD-related peritonitis. ..
- Zhou G, Wang Y, Fang Z, Liu R, Wang A, Zhao F, et al. CD40 -1C>T polymorphism and the risk of lung cancer in a Chinese population. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:15163-9 pubmed..53; 95% CI = 1.97-21.61; P = 0.002). Our findings suggest that the CD40 -1C/T SNP (rs1883832) is correlated with the susceptibility to lung cancer in Chinese, and the TT genotype may further increase the risk of lung cancer. ..
- Wang L, Ma L, Pang S, Huang J, Yan B. Sequence Variants of SIRT6 Gene Promoter in Myocardial Infarction. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2016;20:185-90 pubmed publisher..These DSVs identified in MI patients may alter the transcriptional activity of the SIRT6 gene promoter and alter SIRT6 levels which might contribute to the risk of MI. ..
- Wang M, Zheng Y, Mediavilla J, Chen L, Kreiswirth B, Song Y, et al. Hospital Dissemination of tst-1-Positive Clonal Complex 5 (CC5) Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:101 pubmed publisher..The finding that tst-1-positive CC5 strains were associated with higher mortality highlights the need for strict infection control measures in order to prevent further spread of these strains in our hospital, as well as others. ..
- Guo L, Li D, Li M, Li L, Huang Y. Variant in GALNT3 Gene Linked with Reduced Coronary Artery Disease Risk in Chinese Population. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;36:529-534 pubmed publisher..These results confirmed the role of GALNT3 gene in CAD and provided new insights into the genetic regulation of the GALNT3 gene with respect to the pathogenesis of CAD. ..
- Yang L, Qin B, Zhang X, Chen Y, Hou J. Association of central blood pressure and cardiovascular diseases in diabetic patients with hypertension. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8286 pubmed publisher..20 (1.15-1.42), respectively.Diabetic patients with hypertension, ageing, male gender, and presence of CVD are independent risk factors of central BP increase; and increased central SBP and AIx@75 are significantly associated with CVD...
- Fu B, Ma S, Tang N, Tam C, Lui V, Chiu H, et al. Cholesterol 24-hydroxylase (CYP46A1) polymorphisms are associated with faster cognitive deterioration in Chinese older persons: a two-year follow up study. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2009;24:921-6 pubmed publisher..The two other polymorphisms, IVS1-192 and IVS4-122, did not show any significant association with cognitive function. CYP46A1 gene may act to modulate the course of cognitive deterioration in late life. ..
- Li Z, Song Y, Xing R, Yu H, Zhang Y, Li Z, et al. Heat shock protein 70 acts as a potential biomarker for early diagnosis of heart failure. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67964 pubmed publisher..Taken together, plasma concentrations of HSP70 elevated with the progression of HF and might act as a potential screening biomarker for early diagnosis of HF. ..
- Yu I, Xie Z, Tsoi K, Chiu Y, Lok S, Tang X, et al. Why did outbreaks of severe acute respiratory syndrome occur in some hospital wards but not in others?. Clin Infect Dis. 2007;44:1017-25 pubmed..The lessons learned from this study remain very important and highly relevant to the daily operation of hospital wards if we are to prevent nosocomial outbreaks of other respiratory infections in the future. ..
- Yang X, Zhao H, Sui Y, Ma R, So W, Ko G, et al. Additive interaction between the renin-angiotensin system and lipid metabolism for cancer in type 2 diabetes. Diabetes. 2009;58:1518-25 pubmed publisher..Combined use of RAS inhibitors and statins may act synergistically to reduce cancer risk, possibly via HMGCR and IGF-1 signaling pathways in high-risk conditions such as type 2 diabetes. ..
- Ho P, Ho A, Chow K, Lai E, Ching P, Seto W. Epidemiology and clonality of multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii from a healthcare region in Hong Kong. J Hosp Infect. 2010;74:358-64 pubmed publisher..Both clones were found to have disseminated widely. In conclusion, clonal expansion is playing major roles in the increase of MDR-AB in these hospitals in Hong Kong. The findings highlight the need to enhance infection control measures. ..
- Chen S, Liang J, Shiau A, Yu C, Hung Y, Yeh L, et al. Lack of the dose-rate effect of 192Ir source activity on pelvic control and late complications after high-dose-rate brachytherapy for cervical cancer. J Radiat Res. 2010;51:173-9 pubmed..Careful monitoring of the BED values for rectum and bladder is a scrutinizing factor for minimizing late sequelae. ..
- Wei B, Xu Z, Ruan J, Zhu M, Jin K, Zhou D, et al. MTHFR 677C>T and 1298A>C polymorphisms and male infertility risk: a meta-analysis. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:1997-2002 pubmed publisher..34, 95% CI: 1.01-1.77, P = 0.04). Although some modest bias could not be eliminated, this meta-analysis suggested that the MTHFR 677T allele might be a low-penetrant risk factor for male infertility, especially in Asian population. ..
- Liu N, Liu L, Zhang H, Gyawali P, Zhang D, Yao L, et al. Effect of intravenous proton pump inhibitor regimens and timing of endoscopy on clinical outcomes of peptic ulcer bleeding. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012;27:1473-9 pubmed publisher..High-dose PPI infusion is more efficacious in reducing rebleeding rate, blood transfusion requirements and hospital stay. Early endoscopy is safe and more effective than late endoscopy. ..
- Ke B, Shi L, Jun jie Z, Chen D, Meng J, Qin J. Protective effects of modified linggui zhugan decoction combined with short-term very low calorie diets on cardiovascular risk factors in obese patients with impaired glucose tolerance. J Tradit Chin Med. 2012;32:193-8 pubmed
- Qin J, Feng T, Yang T, Hong F, Lan L, Zhang C, et al. Risk factors for congenital syphilis and adverse pregnancy outcomes in offspring of women with syphilis in Shenzhen, China: a prospective nested case-control study. Sex Transm Dis. 2014;41:13-23 pubmed publisher..These study results can inform antenatal programs on the importance of early syphilis testing and prompt and appropriate treatment. Some strategies targeted at other risk factors areas may be helpful. ..
- Zhu K, Wang Y, Zhu J, Zhou Q, Wang N. National prevalence of coronary heart disease and its relationship with human development index: A systematic review. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2016;23:530-43 pubmed publisher..Future research needs to pay more attention to the reasonable allocation of medical resources and control of coronary heart disease risk factors. ..
- Yan F, Xie F, Gong X, Wang F, Yang L. Effect of anterior cruciate ligament rupture on secondary damage to menisci and articular cartilage. Knee. 2016;23:102-5 pubmed publisher..It is recommended that the best time range for ACL reconstruction is between four and six weeks after initial injury. ..
- Jiang W, Gu H, Zhang Y, Xia Q, Qi J, Chen J. Vitamin D Supplementation in the Treatment of Chronic Heart Failure: A Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Clin Cardiol. 2016;39:56-61 pubmed publisher..05). Vitamin D supplementation may decrease serum levels of parathyroid hormone and inflammatory mediators in CHF patients, whereas it has no beneficial effects on improvement of left ventricular function and exercise tolerance. ..
- Chen P, Li W, Wang J, Jiang Y, Wu P, Chen T, et al. Association between MTHFR gene polymorphisms (C677T, A1298C) and genetic susceptibility to prostate cancer: a meta-analysis. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:19191-202 pubmed publisher..The association between the MTHFR A1298C CC genotype and prostate cancer risk may vary within different populations. Large-scale well-designed studies are required to confirm these associations. ..
- Ko G, Chan J. Burden of obesity--lessons learnt from Hong Kong Chinese. Obes Rev. 2008;9 Suppl 1:35-40 pubmed publisher..A multidimensional and multidisciplinary health promotion and disease management plan is urgently needed to control these epidemics. ..
- Kong A, Choi K, Cockram C, Ho C, Chan M, Ozaki R, et al. Independent associations of alanine aminotransferase (ALT) levels with cardiovascular risk factor clustering in Chinese adolescents. J Hepatol. 2008;49:115-22 pubmed publisher..In adolescents, top ALT stratum, albeit within normal range, is associated with clustering of cardiovascular risk factors, independent of obesity. ..
- Chan K, Liu W, Long J, Yip S, Chan S, Shu X, et al. Functional polymorphisms in the BRCA1 promoter influence transcription and are associated with decreased risk for breast cancer in Chinese women. J Med Genet. 2009;46:32-9 pubmed publisher..2265C-->T, which could affect susceptibility to breast cancer in the Chinese population. Its significance in other populations remains to be investigated. ..
- Zhang M, Zhao J, Tong W, Wang A, Huang G, Zhang Y. Associations between metabolic syndrome and its components and alcohol drinking. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2011;119:509-12 pubmed publisher..597(0.479, 0.745) for alcohol drinking compared with no drinking. Alcohol drinking was significantly and positively associated with high BP and high TG, while alcohol drinking inversely associated with low HDL-C. ..
- Ran M, Weng X, Chan C, Chen E, Tang C, Lin F, et al. Different outcomes of never-treated and treated patients with schizophrenia: 14-year follow-up study in rural China. Br J Psychiatry. 2015;207:495-500 pubmed publisher..The 14-year follow-up showed that outcomes for the untreated group were worse. Community-based mental healthcare, health insurance and family intervention are crucial for earlier diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation in the community. ..
- Jiang W, Yin F, Zhou W, Yan Y, Ji W. Clinical significance of different virus load of human bocavirus in patients with lower respiratory tract infection. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20246 pubmed publisher..85% in our series). A high HBoV virus load could be an etiologic agent for LRTI, which may lead to more severe lower respiratory tract symptom and severe disease. ..
- Wang J, Luo J, Dong L, Gong J, Tong M. Epidemiology of gastroesophageal reflux disease: a general population-based study in Xi'an of Northwest China. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:1647-51 pubmed..The etiology and pathogenesis of GERD are probably associated with FD, IBS, and some respiratory, laryngopharyngeal and odontostological diseases or symptoms. Some lifestyles, diseases and dietary factors are the risk factors of GERD. ..
- Leung G, Ho L, Lam T, Hedley A. Epidemiology of SARS in the 2003 Hong Kong epidemic. Hong Kong Med J. 2009;15 Suppl 9:12-6 pubmed..3. The characteristics of those who contracted the disease are determined including factors associated with the likelihood of mortality as a result of SARS coronavirus infection. ..
- Yu E, Shao Z, Shen B. Pouchitis. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:5598-604 pubmed..The majority of patients respond favorably to antibiotic therapy. However, management of chronic antibiotic-refractory pouchitis remains a challenge...
- Wang G, Li Y, Staessen J, Lu L, Wang J. Anthropometric and lifestyle factors associated with white-coat, masked and sustained hypertension in a Chinese population. J Hypertens. 2007;25:2398-405 pubmed..14 and 1.12). Women were less likely to have masked hypertension than men (OR, 0.39). Sex, age, body mass index, and urinary sodium and potassium excretion contribute to the risk of white-coat, masked and sustained HT in Chinese. ..
- Li N, Yao X, Zhu J, Yang J, Liu K, Wang Y, et al. Higher levels of plasma TNF-alpha and neuropeptide Y in hypertensive patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2010;32:54-60 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to clarify the role of inflammation in the pathogenesis of hypertension with OSAS, in which neck size should be considered as a linked independent factor. ..
- Liu F, Bao Y, Hu R, Zhang X, Li H, Zhu D, et al. Screening and prevalence of peripheral neuropathy in type 2 diabetic outpatients: a randomized multicentre survey in 12 city hospitals of China. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2010;26:481-9 pubmed publisher..This study investigated the prevalence of diabetic peripheral neuropathy of combining both methods in type 2 diabetic outpatients in Chinese urban hospitals...
- Zhao Y, Wang W, Wang X, Xu Y, Wang Y, Dong Z, et al. Downregulation of serum DKK-1 predicts poor prognosis in patients with papillary thyroid cancer. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:18886-94 pubmed publisher..031). In conclusion, low DKK-1 serum levels are associated with poor prognosis in PTC patients and DKK-1 could potentially be used as a biomarker leading to earlier diagnosis of PTC. ..
- Guo X, Tang P, Liu P, Liu Y, Chong L, Li R. Dkk1: A promising molecule to connect Alzheimer's disease and osteoporosis. Med Hypotheses. 2016;88:30-2 pubmed publisher..Our hypothesis will shed new light on the understanding of the relationship between these two diseases and help to explain some common characters of osteoporosis and AD. ..
- Si F, Feng Y, Han M. Association between interleukin-17 gene polymorphisms and the risk of laryngeal cancer in a Chinese population. Genet Mol Res. 2017;16: pubmed publisher..08-3.39, respectively). In conclusion, the rs2275913 IL-17A (197 G/A) is associated with the incidence and development of laryngeal cancer in the Chinese population, and the AA and GA+AA genotypes harbor a high laryngeal cancer risk. ..
- Chuh A, Chan H, Zawar V. Pityriasis rosea--evidence for and against an infectious aetiology. Epidemiol Infect. 2004;132:381-90 pubmed..Mycoplasma spp. and Chlamydia spp. infections. Evidence is also unsubstantiated as yet for alternative aetiological hypotheses such as autoimmunity, atopy, and genetic predisposition. ..
- Chung B, Wong V. Relationship between five common viruses and febrile seizure in children. Arch Dis Child. 2007;92:589-93 pubmed..The risk of developing FS is similar with influenza, adenovirus or parainfluenza and is higher than with RSV or rotavirus. Type of viral infection is not important in predicting complex features or future recurrences. ..
- Chen S, Li Y, Li S, Yu C. A Val227Ala substitution in the peroxisome proliferator activated receptor alpha (PPAR alpha) gene associated with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and decreased waist circumference and waist-to-hip ratio. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008;23:1415-8 pubmed publisher..The results showed that waist circumference and WHR were related with the PPAR-alpha val227ala polymorphism. PPAR-alpha val227ala polymorphism may be involved in the pathogenesis of NAFLD and play a protective role in obesity. ..
- Wang X, Chiu Y, Qiu H, Au J, Yu I. The roles of smoking and cooking emissions in lung cancer risk among Chinese women in Hong Kong. Ann Oncol. 2009;20:746-51 pubmed publisher..We confirmed the important roles of smoking and cooking emissions in lung cancer risk among the women. These two major risk factors appeared to act independently. ..
- Tsang C, Samaranayake L. Immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome after highly active antiretroviral therapy: a review. Oral Dis. 2010;16:248-56 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the definition, diagnostic criteria, pathogenesis, risk factors, clinical spectrum including oral manifestations, and management of IRIS. ..
- Wang J, Zhao Y, Shen B, Wang C, Li M. Risk factor analysis of proximal junctional kyphosis after posterior fusion in patients with idiopathic scoliosis. Injury. 2010;41:415-20 pubmed publisher..5 years after surgery in adolescents with idiopathic scoliosis. In order to reduce its incidence, the risk factors for PJK should be carefully evaluated before surgery. ..
- Chu Yuan H, Jing P, Yi Sheng W, He Ping P, Hui Y, Chu Xiong Z, et al. The impact of chemotherapy-associated neutrophil/ lymphocyte counts on prognosis of adjuvant chemotherapy in colorectal cancer. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:177 pubmed publisher..66 × 109/L, and age >60 years is the independent risk factor for developing lymphopenia <0.91 × 10(9)/L during adjuvant chemotherapy of CRC. ..
- Cai L, Ye H, Lv X, Wu Y, Zhang H, Zheng L, et al. 25-(OH)VitD3, as a risk indicator in diagnosis of adenocarcinoma. Curr Drug Targets. 2013;14:1367-76 pubmed..8 nmol/L, n=81)) can be a promising approach in cancer diagnosis. In this review, we suggest that 25-hydroxy-Vitamin D3 can act as an indicator and/or risk assessment factor in early diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of adenocarcinoma. ..
- Wu J, Lu X, Wang Z, Shangguan S, Chang S, Li R, et al. Association between PKA gene polymorphism and NTDs in high risk Chinese population in Shanxi. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;6:2968-74 pubmed..The gene polymorphism loci rs12132032 in PRKACB maybe a potential risk factor for anencephaly in Chinese population from Shanxi, while gender susceptibility may influence the correlation. ..
- Li H, Liu F, Zhu H, Zhou X, Lu J, Chang H, et al. PIK3CA polymorphisms associated with susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:15255-9 pubmed..030), which suggested that G-T might be a susceptible haplotype to HCC. The PIK3CA rs17849071 and rs17849079 polymorphisms may increase the risk of HCC either independently or synergistically. ..
- Shen Y, Li D, Wu J, Zhang Z, Gao E. Joint effects of the CYP1A1 MspI, ERalpha PvuII, and ERalpha XbaI polymorphisms on the risk of breast cancer: results from a population-based case-control study in Shanghai, China. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2006;15:342-7 pubmed..81-7.07), and among all three genotypes (m2/m2, pp, and xx; OR, 8.07; 95% CI, 1.45-44.77). Results of this study indicate that estrogen-metabolizing genes and estrogen receptor may jointly play a role in the etiology of breast cancer. ..
- Shao J, Gu M, Xu Z, Hu Q, Qian L. Polymorphisms of the DNA gene XPD and risk of bladder cancer in a Southeastern Chinese population. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2007;177:30-6 pubmed..These two XPD polymorphisms may play an important role in the etiology of bladder cancer in the southeastern Chinese population. ..
- Xie G, Guo D, Li Y, Liang S, Wu Y. The impact of severity of hypertension on association of PGC-1alpha gene with blood pressure and risk of hypertension. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2007;7:33 pubmed..This finding suggested severe hypertension rather than regular hypertension should be used as the outcome in studies on association of genes with blood pressure or hypertension, in order to have a better power. ..
- Guo J, Yang H, Xu Y, Wang G, Huang L, Tang T. Results after immediate operations of closed ankle fractures in patients with preoperatively neglected type 2 diabetes. Injury. 2009;40:894-6 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that immediate surgical intervention is appropriate in CAF patients with type 2 diabetes. ..
- Khanal S, Zhang W, Shrestha N, Dahal G. A comparative study of outcome of preterm neonate with and without history of preterm premature rupture of membrane. Nepal Med Coll J. 2009;11:99-103 pubmed..7%) and was statistically significant (p<0.001). The morbidity of preterm neonate does not entirely depend on history of PPROM than prematurity itself. However severity of disease and death is more with history of PPROM. ..
- Bai M, Qi X, Yang Z, Yin Z, Nie Y, Yuan S, et al. Predictors of hepatic encephalopathy after transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt in cirrhotic patients: a systematic review. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011;26:943-51 pubmed publisher..Our meta-analysis showed that patients with HE before TIPS or higher Child-Pugh class/score had increased risk of post-TIPS HE. Increased age, prior HE and higher Child-Pugh class/score were the most robust predictors for post-TIPS HE. ..
- Xia Q, Zhou L, Liu D, Chen Z, Chen F. Relationship between TNF-<alpha> gene promoter polymorphisms and outcomes of hepatitis B virus infections: a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19606 pubmed publisher..More studies on individuals from various ethnic groups will be necessary to determine the role of TNF-<alpha> promoter polymorphisms in the outcome of HBV infection. ..
- Ding Q, Li D, Wang P, Chu Y, Meng S, Sun Q. [Risk factors for infections of methicillin-resistant Staphylococci in diabetic foot patients]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2012;92:228-31 pubmed..Antibiotic usage in 6 months prior to hospitalization, long course of ulcer, osteomyelitis, hypertension and hypoproteinemia are risk factors for the MRSA infection. And HbA1c is a risk factor for the MRSE infection. ..
- Li Q, Zhang J, Zhou Y, Qiao L. Obesity and gastric cancer. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2012;17:2383-90 pubmed..pylori together with life style modification in obese individuals may help prevent the development of gastric cancer in the increasingly obese population. ..
- Lou P, Zhu Y, Chen P, Zhang P, Yu J, Zhang N, et al. Vulnerability of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease according to gender in China. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2012;7:825-32 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we recommend adopting different measures for men and women when attempting to prevent, control, and treat COPD, rehabilitate these patients, and improve their quality of life. ..
- Tan Z, Liang Y, Liu S, Cao W, Tu H, Guo L, et al. Health-related quality of life as measured with EQ-5D among populations with and without specific chronic conditions: a population-based survey in Shaanxi Province, China. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65958 pubmed publisher..Longitudinal studies must be performed to monitor changes in HRQoL and to permit evaluation of the outcomes of chronic disease intervention programs. ..
- Hu X, Feng C, Lin X, Zhong Z, Zhu Y, Lv P, et al. High maternal serum estradiol environment in the first trimester is associated with the increased risk of small-for-gestational-age birth. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014;99:2217-24 pubmed publisher..01). The maternal high-E2 environment in the first trimester is correlated with increased risks of LBW and SGA. Evaluation of serum E2 before ET should be adopted to reduce the possibility of high E2 exposure to gamete/embryo. ..
- Zhong C, You S, Zhong X, Chen G, Xu T, Zhang Y. Retinal vein occlusion and risk of cerebrovascular disease and myocardial infarction: A meta-analysis of cohort studies. Atherosclerosis. 2016;247:170-6 pubmed publisher..No evidence of publication bias was observed. This meta-analysis provides further evidence supporting that RVO is associated with increased risk of future cerebrovascular disease and MI. ..
- Zhou C, Zhang F, Zhang F, Yu Z, Chen X, Shen X, et al. Sarcopenia: a new predictor of postoperative complications for elderly gastric cancer patients who underwent radical gastrectomy. J Surg Res. 2017;211:137-146 pubmed publisher..Sarcopenia, presented as a new geriatric assessment factor, was a strong and independent risk factor for postoperative complications of elderly patients with gastric cancer. ..
- Wu S, Yuan W, Shen Y, Lu X, Li Y, Tian T, et al. The miR-608 rs4919510 polymorphism may modify cancer susceptibility based on type. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317703819 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, SEMA4G may function as an oncogene or tumour suppressor to regulate tumour development in a type-specific manner. Further studies with experimental evaluations are warranted. ..
- Dai K, Gao W, Ruan C. The Sma I polymorphism in the von Willebrand factor gene associated with acute ischemic stroke. Thromb Res. 2001;104:389-95 pubmed..This polymorphism of vWF may represent a newly identified risk factor for acute ischemic stroke in Chinese. Whether it is the real functional variant associated with acute ischemic stroke remains to be elucidated. ..
- Kan K, Liu J, Lo E, Corbet E, Leung W. Residual periodontal defects distal to the mandibular second molar 6-36 months after impacted third molar extraction. J Clin Periodontol. 2002;29:1004-11 pubmed
- Xiang Y, Weng Y, Leung C, Tang W, Ungvari G. Clinical correlates of clozapine prescription for schizophrenia in China. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2007;22:17-25 pubmed..Clozapine appears to have little significant influence on quality of life in clinical stable Chinese patients with schizophrenia. ..
- Yang X, Ma R, So W, Kong A, Ko G, Ho C, et al. Development and validation of a risk score for hospitalization for heart failure in patients with Type 2 diabetes mellitus. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2008;7:9 pubmed publisher..20) and the adjusted aROC was 0.920 for 5 years of follow-up. The risk score had adequate performance. Further validations in other cohorts of patients with T2DM are needed before clinical use. ..
- Leung P, Boost M, Lau J, Wong A, Pang M, Ng T, et al. Prevalence and risk factors for Chlamydia trachomatis infection among cross-border truck drivers in Hong Kong. Sex Transm Infect. 2009;85:27-9 pubmed publisher..The findings highlight the importance of promoting safe sex to truck drivers. ..