Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on ribonuclease iii in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: ribonuclease iii
- Velagapudi S, Gallo S, Disney M. Sequence-based design of bioactive small molecules that target precursor microRNAs. Nat Chem Biol. 2014;10:291-7 pubmed publisher..Markedly, microRNA profiling shows that 1 only affects microRNA-96 biogenesis and is at least as selective as an oligonucleotide. ..
- Lund E, Sheets M, Imboden S, Dahlberg J. Limiting Ago protein restricts RNAi and microRNA biogenesis during early development in Xenopus laevis. Genes Dev. 2011;25:1121-31 pubmed publisher..Expression of catalytically active exogenous Ago2, which appears not to perturb normal Xenopus embryonic development, can now be exploited for RNAi in this vertebrate model organism. ..
- Kincaid R, Burke J, Sullivan C. RNA virus microRNA that mimics a B-cell oncomiR. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:3077-82 pubmed publisher..As miR-29 overexpression is associated with B-cell neoplasms that resemble BLV-associated tumors, our findings suggest a possible mechanism contributing to BLV-induced tumorigenesis. ..
- Vickers T, Lima W, Nichols J, Crooke S. Reduced levels of Ago2 expression result in increased siRNA competition in mammalian cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:6598-610 pubmed..RISC reloading and subsequent induction of detectable cleavage of a new target RNA, requires about 9-12 h following the initial transfection. ..
- Curtin S, Michno J, Campbell B, Gil Humanes J, Mathioni S, Hammond R, et al. MicroRNA Maturation and MicroRNA Target Gene Expression Regulation Are Severely Disrupted in Soybean dicer-like1 Double Mutants. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;6:423-33 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings indicate that the two soybean DCL1 paralogs, DCL1a and DCL1b, largely play functionally redundant roles in the miRNA pathway and are essential for normal plant development. ..
- Magner W, Weinstock Guttman B, Rho M, Hojnacki D, Ghazi R, Ramanathan M, et al. Dicer and microRNA expression in multiple sclerosis and response to interferon therapy. J Neuroimmunol. 2016;292:68-78 pubmed publisher..This work identifies Dicer regulation as both a potential mediator of MS pathology and a therapeutic target. ..
- Finkel J, Chinchilla K, Ursic D, Culbertson M. Sen1p performs two genetically separable functions in transcription and processing of U5 small nuclear RNA in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2010;184:107-18 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the Sen1p-Rpb1p and Sen1p-Rnt1p interactions occur independently of each other and serve genetically separable purposes in targeting Sen1p to function in two temporally overlapping steps in gene expression. ..
- Wang X, Aliyari R, Li W, Li H, Kim K, Carthew R, et al. RNA interference directs innate immunity against viruses in adult Drosophila. Science. 2006;312:452-4 pubmed..These findings establish a Drosophila model for studying the innate immunity against viruses in animals...
- Zhang Z, O Rourke J, McManus M, Lewandoski M, Harfe B, Sun X. The microRNA-processing enzyme Dicer is dispensable for somite segmentation but essential for limb bud positioning. Dev Biol. 2011;351:254-65 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings provide the first demonstration that in mouse embryonic mesoderm, while Dicer is dispensable for somite segmentation, it is essential for proper limb bud positioning. ..
- Kozlowski M. RPE cell senescence: a key contributor to age-related macular degeneration. Med Hypotheses. 2012;78:505-10 pubmed publisher..This hypothesis also points to several new prophylactic and treatment strategies for AMD. ..
- Harris K, Zhang Z, McManus M, Harfe B, Sun X. Dicer function is essential for lung epithelium morphogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:2208-13 pubmed..The aberrant Fgf10 expression may contribute to the Dicer morphological defects. However, the mechanism by which DICER functions in the epithelium to influence Fgf10 expression in the mesenchyme remains unknown. ..
- O Rourke J, Georges S, Seay H, Tapscott S, McManus M, Goldhamer D, et al. Essential role for Dicer during skeletal muscle development. Dev Biol. 2007;311:359-68 pubmed..These observations demonstrate key roles for Dicer in skeletal muscle and implicate miRNAs as critical components required for embryonic myogenesis. ..
- Lin Y, Sullivan C. Expanding the role of Drosha to the regulation of viral gene expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:11229-34 pubmed publisher..This work increases the known functions of Drosha and implies that tying viral gene expression to Drosha activity is advantageous for viruses. ..
- Liang X, Crooke S. Depletion of key protein components of the RISC pathway impairs pre-ribosomal RNA processing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:4875-89 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that Drosha and Dicer are implicated in rRNA biogenesis. ..
- Zhang X, Xia J, Lii Y, Barrera Figueroa B, Zhou X, Gao S, et al. Genome-wide analysis of plant nat-siRNAs reveals insights into their distribution, biogenesis and function. Genome Biol. 2012;13:R20 pubmed publisher..Our analysis further supported the existence of nat-siRNAs in plants and advanced our understanding of their characteristics. ..
- McCarthy J, Esser K. MicroRNA-1 and microRNA-133a expression are decreased during skeletal muscle hypertrophy. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2007;102:306-13 pubmed..These results are the first to report alterations in expression of muscle-specific miRNAs in adult skeletal muscle and suggest miRNAs may have a role in the adaptation to functional overload. ..
- Li J, Yang Z, Yu B, Liu J, Chen X. Methylation protects miRNAs and siRNAs from a 3'-end uridylation activity in Arabidopsis. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1501-7 pubmed..We conclude that 3'-end methylation is a common step in miRNA and siRNA metabolism and likely protects the 3' ends of the small RNAs from the uridylation activity. ..
- Filippov V, Solovyev V, Filippova M, Gill S. A novel type of RNase III family proteins in eukaryotes. Gene. 2000;245:213-21 pubmed..A potential drosha homologue is also found among the deposited human cDNA sequences. A comparison of these drosha proteins to other members of the RNase III family indicates that they form a new group of proteins within this family. ..
- Liu C, Axtell M, Fedoroff N. The helicase and RNaseIIIa domains of Arabidopsis Dicer-Like1 modulate catalytic parameters during microRNA biogenesis. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:748-58 pubmed publisher..In vitro, the helicase domain confers ATP dependence on DCL1-catalyzed MIRNA processing, attenuates DCL1 cleavage activity, and is required for precise MIRNA processing of some substrates. ..
- de Kock L, Wang Y, Revil T, Badescu D, Rivera B, Sabbaghian N, et al. High-sensitivity sequencing reveals multi-organ somatic mosaicism causing DICER1 syndrome. J Med Genet. 2016;53:43-52 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the molecular barcode-containing HaloPlex(HS) provides the sensitivity required for detection of such low-level mosaic mutations and could have general applicability. ..
- Cajaiba M, Khanna G, Smith E, Gellert L, Chi Y, Mullen E, et al. Pediatric cystic nephromas: distinctive features and frequent DICER1 mutations. Hum Pathol. 2016;48:81-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the clinical, morphological, and genetic differences between pediatric and adult CN, as well as between CN and CPDN, suggest that these 3 lesions represent distinct entities. ..
- Kaneko H, Dridi S, Tarallo V, Gelfand B, Fowler B, Cho W, et al. DICER1 deficit induces Alu RNA toxicity in age-related macular degeneration. Nature. 2011;471:325-30 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a miRNA-independent cell survival function for DICER1 involving retrotransposon transcript degradation, show that Alu RNA can directly cause human pathology, and identify new targets for a major cause of blindness. ..
- Maalouf S, Smith C, Pate J. Changes in MicroRNA Expression During Maturation of the Bovine Corpus Luteum: Regulation of Luteal Cell Proliferation and Function by MicroRNA-34a. Biol Reprod. 2016;94:71 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data support a role for miRNA in general, and miR-34a in particular, in luteal formation and function. ..
- McDermott S, Stuart K. The essential functions of KREPB4 are developmentally distinct and required for endonuclease association with editosomes. RNA. 2017;23:1672-1684 pubmed publisher..These results, combined with previous studies, support a model in which KREPB4 acts as a pseudoenzyme to form the noncatalytic half of an RNase III heterodimer with the editing endonucleases. ..
- Yu B, Bi L, Zheng B, Ji L, Chevalier D, Agarwal M, et al. The FHA domain proteins DAWDLE in Arabidopsis and SNIP1 in humans act in small RNA biogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:10073-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we uncovered an evolutionarily conserved factor in miRNA biogenesis. We propose that DDL participates in miRNA biogenesis by facilitating DCL1 to access or recognize pri-miRNAs. ..
- Harfe B, McManus M, Mansfield J, Hornstein E, Tabin C. The RNaseIII enzyme Dicer is required for morphogenesis but not patterning of the vertebrate limb. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:10898-903 pubmed..Thus, Dicer is required for the formation of normal mouse limbs. Strikingly, however, we did not detect defects in basic patterning or in tissue-specific differentiation of Dicer-deficient limb buds. ..
- McCarthy J, Esser K, Andrade F. MicroRNA-206 is overexpressed in the diaphragm but not the hindlimb muscle of mdx mouse. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C451-7 pubmed..These results are the first to report alterations in expression of muscle-enriched microRNAs in skeletal muscle of the mdx mouse, suggesting microRNAs may have a role in the pathophysiology of muscular dystrophy. ..
- Zhang J, Deutscher M. Cloning, characterization, and effects of overexpression of the Escherichia coli rnd gene encoding RNase D. J Bacteriol. 1988;170:522-7 pubmed..These findings support the idea that rnd is the structural gene for RNase D and indicate that elevated RNase D activity is deleterious to E. coli. ..
- Diaz Pendon J, Li F, Li W, Ding S. Suppression of antiviral silencing by cucumber mosaic virus 2b protein in Arabidopsis is associated with drastically reduced accumulation of three classes of viral small interfering RNAs. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2053-63 pubmed
- Walz A, Ooms A, Gadd S, Gerhard D, Smith M, Guidry Auvil J, et al. Recurrent DGCR8, DROSHA, and SIX homeodomain mutations in favorable histology Wilms tumors. Cancer Cell. 2015;27:286-97 pubmed publisher..The combination of SIX and miRNAPG mutations in the same tumor is associated with evidence of RAS activation and a higher rate of relapse and death. ..
- Jin Z, Xie T. Dcr-1 maintains Drosophila ovarian stem cells. Curr Biol. 2007;17:539-44 pubmed..Furthermore, Dcr-1 is also essential for the maintenance of SSCs in the Drosophila ovary. Our data suggest that miRNAs produced by Dcr-1 are required for maintaining two types of stem cells in the Drosophila ovary. ..
- Dridi S, Hirano Y, Tarallo V, Kim Y, Fowler B, Ambati B, et al. ERK1/2 activation is a therapeutic target in age-related macular degeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:13781-6 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a previously unrecognized function of ERK1/2 in the pathogenesis of GA and provide a mechanistic basis for evaluation of ERK1/2 inhibition in treatment of this disease. ..
- Roth B, Ishimaru D, Hennig M. The core microprocessor component DiGeorge syndrome critical region 8 (DGCR8) is a nonspecific RNA-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:26785-99 pubmed publisher..Thus, specific RNA processing is likely facilitated by preformed DGCR8-Drosha heterodimers that can discriminate between authentic substrates and other hairpins. ..
- Watkins K, Kroeger T, Cooke A, Williams Carrier R, Friso G, Belcher S, et al. A ribonuclease III domain protein functions in group II intron splicing in maize chloroplasts. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2606-23 pubmed..These results suggest that RNC1 is recruited to specific introns via protein-protein interactions and that its role in splicing involves RNA binding but not RNA cleavage activity. ..
- Dudek H, Wong D, Arvan R, Shah A, Wortham K, Ying B, et al. Knockdown of ?-catenin with dicer-substrate siRNAs reduces liver tumor burden in vivo. Mol Ther. 2014;22:92-101 pubmed publisher..These results validate ?-catenin as a target for liver cancer therapy and demonstrate the promise of RNAi in general and DsiRNAs in particular for reaching traditionally undruggable cancer targets. ..
- Yan Y, Salazar T, Dominguez J, Nguyen D, Li Calzi S, Bhatwadekar A, et al. Dicer expression exhibits a tissue-specific diurnal pattern that is lost during aging and in diabetes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e80029 pubmed publisher..Restoring Dicer levels and the diurnal patterns of Dicer-controlled miRNA and RNA expression may provide new therapeutic strategies for metabolic disease and aging-associated complications. ..
- Ghatak S, Chan Y, Khanna S, Banerjee J, Weist J, Roy S, et al. Barrier Function of the Repaired Skin Is Disrupted Following Arrest of Dicer in Keratinocytes. Mol Ther. 2015;23:1201-1210 pubmed publisher..This work upholds p21(Waf1/Cip1) as a druggable target to restore barrier function of skin suffering from loss of Dicer function as would be expected in diabetes and other forms of oxidant insult. ..
- Mlotshwa S, Pruss G, Peragine A, Endres M, Li J, Chen X, et al. DICER-LIKE2 plays a primary role in transitive silencing of transgenes in Arabidopsis. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1755 pubmed publisher..We conclude that DCL2 plays an essential, as opposed to redundant, role in transitive silencing of transgenes and may play a more important role in silencing of viruses than currently thought. ..
- Zhang J, Deutscher M. Transfer RNA is a substrate for RNase D in vivo. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:17909-12 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that RNase D can act at the 3' terminus of tRNA in vivo, and they support the conclusion that RNase D participates in tRNA metabolism. ..
- Zhang J, Deutscher M. Escherichia coli RNase D: sequencing of the rnd structural gene and purification of the overexpressed protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 1988;16:6265-78 pubmed..The N-terminal sequence and the amino acid composition of the homogenous protein were in excellent agreement with those derived from the sequence of the rnd gene. ..
- Elcheva I, Goswami S, Noubissi F, Spiegelman V. CRD-BP protects the coding region of betaTrCP1 mRNA from miR-183-mediated degradation. Mol Cell. 2009;35:240-6 pubmed publisher..Here we demonstrate that CRD-BP prevents degradation of betaTrCP1 mRNA by attenuating its miR-183-dependent interaction with Ago2. ..
- Lima W, Murray H, Nichols J, Wu H, Sun H, Prakash T, et al. Human Dicer binds short single-strand and double-strand RNA with high affinity and interacts with different regions of the nucleic acids. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:2535-48 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the siRNAs and ssRNAs interact predominantly with the PAZ domain of the enzyme. Finally, the tightest binding siRNAs were also more potent inhibitors of gene expression. ..
- Hong X, Luense L, McGinnis L, Nothnick W, Christenson L. Dicer1 is essential for female fertility and normal development of the female reproductive system. Endocrinology. 2008;149:6207-12 pubmed publisher..These studies implicate Dicer1/miRNA mediated posttranscriptional gene regulation in reproductive somatic tissues as critical for the normal development and function of these tissues and for female fertility...
- Lund E, Güttinger S, Calado A, Dahlberg J, Kutay U. Nuclear export of microRNA precursors. Science. 2004;303:95-8 pubmed..Thus, Exp5 is key to miRNA biogenesis and may help coordinate nuclear and cytoplasmic processing steps. ..
- Reuven N, Deutscher M. Multiple exoribonucleases are required for the 3' processing of Escherichia coli tRNA precursors in vivo. FASEB J. 1993;7:143-8 pubmed..These studies contribute to the identification of all the enzymes necessary for defining the complete processing pathway for E. coli tRNA precursors. ..
- Lu C, Chen J, Xu H, Zhou X, He Q, Li Y, et al. MIR106B and MIR93 prevent removal of bacteria from epithelial cells by disrupting ATG16L1-mediated autophagy. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:188-99 pubmed publisher..In human cell lines, MIR106B and MIR93 reduce levels of ATG16L1 and autophagy and prevent autophagy-dependent eradication of intracellular bacteria. This process also appears to be altered in colon tissues from patients with active CD. ..
- Zhang J, Deutscher M. Analysis of the upstream region of the Escherichia coli rnd gene encoding RNase D. Evidence for translational regulation of a putative tRNA processing enzyme. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:18228-33 pubmed..These data indicate that RNase D expression is negatively regulated at the translational level by the initiation codon, and that an upstream structure (or sequence) also influences translation of this gene. ..
- Kelly K, Deutscher M. The presence of only one of five exoribonucleases is sufficient to support the growth of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:6682-4 pubmed..The data indicate that these five exoribonucleases functionally overlap in vivo and that any one of them can take over the functions of all the others, although with various efficiencies. ..
- Chen X. MicroRNA biogenesis and function in plants. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:5923-31 pubmed..A large category of miRNA targets consists of genes encoding transcription factors that play important roles in patterning the plant form. ..
- Frederikse P, Donnelly R, Partyka L. miRNA and Dicer in the mammalian lens: expression of brain-specific miRNAs in the lens. Histochem Cell Biol. 2006;126:1-8 pubmed
- Wang X, Wu Q, Ito T, Cillo F, Li W, Chen X, et al. RNAi-mediated viral immunity requires amplification of virus-derived siRNAs in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:484-9 pubmed publisher..Our work thus identifies a distinct mechanism for the amplification of immunity effectors, which together with the requirement for the biogenesis of endogenous siRNAs, may play a role in the emergence and expansion of eukaryotic RDRs...
- Zhang H, Hardamon C, Sagoe B, Ngolab J, Bui J. Studies of the H60a locus in C57BL/6 and 129/Sv mouse strains identify the H60a 3'UTR as a regulator of H60a expression. Mol Immunol. 2011;48:539-45 pubmed publisher..Since H60a mediates NK cell target recognition, our studies identify a cis element that can regulate virus and tumor surveillance. ..
- Luense L, Carletti M, Christenson L. Role of Dicer in female fertility. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2009;20:265-72 pubmed publisher..This review discusses these early studies and other data describing the current understanding of microRNAs and small interfering RNAs in female reproduction. ..
- Blevins T, Podicheti R, Mishra V, Marasco M, Wang J, Rusch D, et al. Identification of Pol IV and RDR2-dependent precursors of 24 nt siRNAs guiding de novo DNA methylation in Arabidopsis. elife. 2015;4:e09591 pubmed publisher..The 24 nt siRNAs primarily correspond to the 5' or 3' ends of P4R2 RNAs, suggesting a model whereby siRNAs are generated from either end of P4R2 duplexes by single dicing events. ..
- Georgi S, Reh T. Dicer is required for the transition from early to late progenitor state in the developing mouse retina. J Neurosci. 2010;30:4048-61 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Dicer is necessary for the developmental change in competence of the retinal progenitor cells. ..
- Vickers T, Lima W, Wu H, Nichols J, Linsley P, Crooke S. Off-target and a portion of target-specific siRNA mediated mRNA degradation is Ago2 'Slicer' independent and can be mediated by Ago1. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:6927-41 pubmed publisher..Finally, we present data suggesting that a significant portion of on-target siRNA activity is also Ago2 cleavage independent, however, this activity does not appear to be P-body associated. ..
- Bar M, Wyman S, Fritz B, Qi J, Garg K, Parkin R, et al. MicroRNA discovery and profiling in human embryonic stem cells by deep sequencing of small RNA libraries. Stem Cells. 2008;26:2496-505 pubmed publisher..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Raja P, Jackel J, Li S, Heard I, Bisaro D. Arabidopsis double-stranded RNA binding protein DRB3 participates in methylation-mediated defense against geminiviruses. J Virol. 2014;88:2611-22 pubmed publisher..This work highlights the utility of geminiviruses as models for de novo RdDM and places DRB3 protein in this fundamental epigenetic pathway. ..
- Wiesen J, Tomasi T. Dicer is regulated by cellular stresses and interferons. Mol Immunol. 2009;46:1222-8 pubmed publisher..The effects of stresses and interferons are primarily post-transcriptional. The findings suggest that Dicer is a stress response component and identifies interferons as potentially important regulators of Dicer expression. ..
- Ursic D, Chinchilla K, Finkel J, Culbertson M. Multiple protein/protein and protein/RNA interactions suggest roles for yeast DNA/RNA helicase Sen1p in transcription, transcription-coupled DNA repair and RNA processing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:2441-52 pubmed..The protein-protein and protein-RNA interactions reported here suggest that the DNA/RNA helicase activity of Sen1p is utilized for several different purposes in multiple gene expression pathways. ..
- Verrier J, Semple Rowland S, Madorsky I, Papin J, Notterpek L. Reduction of Dicer impairs Schwann cell differentiation and myelination. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:2558-68 pubmed publisher..These findings support a critical role for Dicer and miRNAs in Schwann cell differentiation and myelination. ..
- Hatfield S, Shcherbata H, Fischer K, Nakahara K, Carthew R, Ruohola Baker H. Stem cell division is regulated by the microRNA pathway. Nature. 2005;435:974-8 pubmed..Hence, the miRNA pathway might be part of a mechanism that makes stem cells insensitive to environmental signals that normally stop the cell cycle at the G1/S transition. ..
- Oshlag J, Devasthanam A, Tomasi T. Mild hyperthermia enhances the expression and induces oscillations in the Dicer protein. Int J Hyperthermia. 2013;29:51-61 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest a potential role for Dicer and microRNAs in the response to mild thermal stress. Additional studies on the mechanisms involved in the stress-induced oscillations of Dicer protein and microRNAs will be of interest. ..
- Nakamura T, Canaani E, Croce C. Oncogenic All1 fusion proteins target Drosha-mediated microRNA processing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:10980-5 pubmed..Finally, we present evidence from ChIP experiments for All1 fusion protein-mediated recruitment of Drosha to target genes encoding miRNAs. Such recruitment may underlie the enhanced expression of the relevant miRNAs. ..
- Aliyari R, Wu Q, Li H, Wang X, Li F, Green L, et al. Mechanism of induction and suppression of antiviral immunity directed by virus-derived small RNAs in Drosophila. Cell Host Microbe. 2008;4:387-97 pubmed publisher..Our findings, therefore, provide a model in which small RNA-directed viral immunity is induced during the initiation of viral progeny (+)RNA synthesis and suppressed by B2 inside the viral RNA replication complex...
- Zhang J, Deutscher M. A uridine-rich sequence required for translation of prokaryotic mRNA. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:2605-9 pubmed..These data demonstrate that sequences other than those previously recognized can be essential for translation initiation. ..
- Akhtar N, Rasheed Z, Ramamurthy S, Anbazhagan A, Voss F, Haqqi T. MicroRNA-27b regulates the expression of matrix metalloproteinase 13 in human osteoarthritis chondrocytes. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:1361-71 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-27b may play a role in regulating the expression of MMP-13 in human chondrocytes. ..
- Lackey E, Ng D, Chen Z. RNAi-mediated down-regulation of DCL1 and AGO1 induces developmental changes in resynthesized Arabidopsis allotetraploids. New Phytol. 2010;186:207-15 pubmed publisher..These lines will be useful for studying the effects of miRNA biogenesis genes on growth and developmental variation in the allopolyploids. ..
- Luhur A, Chawla G, Wu Y, Li J, Sokol N. Drosha-independent DGCR8/Pasha pathway regulates neuronal morphogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:1421-6 pubmed publisher..Given that reduction of human DGCR8/Pasha may contribute to the cognitive and behavioral characteristics of DiGeorge syndrome patients, disruption of this newly described pathway could underlie human neurological disease. ..
- Howell M, Fahlgren N, Chapman E, Cumbie J, Sullivan C, Givan S, et al. Genome-wide analysis of the RNA-DEPENDENT RNA POLYMERASE6/DICER-LIKE4 pathway in Arabidopsis reveals dependency on miRNA- and tasiRNA-directed targeting. Plant Cell. 2007;19:926-42 pubmed..We suggest that posttranscriptional silencing mechanisms operate on an evolutionary scale to buffer the effects of rapidly expanding gene families. ..
- Wu H, Xu H, Miraglia L, Crooke S. Human RNase III is a 160-kDa protein involved in preribosomal RNA processing. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:36957-65 pubmed..The antisense inhibition technique used in this study provides an effective method for functional analysis of newly identified human genes. ..
- Campbell F, Cassano A, Anderson V, Harris M. Pre-steady-state and stopped-flow fluorescence analysis of Escherichia coli ribonuclease III: insights into mechanism and conformational changes associated with binding and catalysis. J Mol Biol. 2002;317:21-40 pubmed
- Schmittgen T, Jiang J, Liu Q, Yang L. A high-throughput method to monitor the expression of microRNA precursors. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:e43 pubmed..We propose that the PCR assay may be scaled up to include all of the 150+ known human miRNA genes and can easily be adaptable to other organisms such as plants, Caenorhabditis elegans and Drosophila. ..
- Burgin A, Parodos K, Lane D, Pace N. The excision of intervening sequences from Salmonella 23S ribosomal RNA. Cell. 1990;60:405-14 pubmed..Possible sources of these IVSs, their parallels with internal transcribed spacers and introns in eukaryotes, and their possible roles in the evolutionary process are discussed...
- Mlotshwa S, Schauer S, Smith T, Mallory A, Herr J, Roth B, et al. Ectopic DICER-LIKE1 expression in P1/HC-Pro Arabidopsis rescues phenotypic anomalies but not defects in microRNA and silencing pathways. Plant Cell. 2005;17:2873-85 pubmed..These data suggest that P1/HC-Pro defects in development do not result from general impairments in small RNA pathways and raise the possibility that DCL1 participates in processes in addition to miRNA biogenesis. ..