Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction in Taiwan
Topic: reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction
Publications332 found, 100 shown here
- Huang Y, Hung W, Chen W, Jiang W, Yu H, Chai C. Effects of MEK and DNMT inhibitors on arsenic-treated human uroepithelial cells in relation to Cyclin-D1 and p16. Toxicol Lett. 2011;200:59-66 pubmed publisher..Finally, these results indicated that Cyclin-D1 and p16 both might play important roles in carcinogenesis as a result of arsenic. ..
- Deng Y, Chang J, Yeh C, Cheng S, Kuo M. Arecoline stimulated Cyr61 production in human gingival epithelial cells: inhibition by lovastatin. Oral Oncol. 2011;47:256-61 pubmed publisher..Decreased of geranylgeranylated proteins could be the mechanism that lovastatin regulates Cyr61 synthesis and lovastatin could serve as a useful agent in controlling AN-induced oral cancer. ..
- Lee B, Hsu W, Liao T, Pan T. The Monascus metabolite monascin against TNF-?-induced insulin resistance via suppressing PPAR-? phosphorylation in C2C12 myotubes. Food Chem Toxicol. 2011;49:2609-17 pubmed publisher..Briefly, MS as pioglitazone, stabilized PPAR-? structure and diminished PPAR-? phosphorylation thereby improving insulin resistance...
- Chiang H, Hsieh C, Lin Y, Lin S, Tsai Wu J, Jiang C. Differences between chondrocytes and bone marrow-derived chondrogenic cells. Tissue Eng Part A. 2011;17:2919-29 pubmed publisher..86 nN and 0.134 N/m, respectively). To conclude, although the iMSCs exhibited the chondrogenic phenotype, they differed from the chondrocytes in their molecular biological and mechanical properties. ..
- Yu T, Wang C, Lin J. Depleting components of the THO complex causes increased telomere length by reducing the expression of the telomere-associated protein Rif1p. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33498 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that mutations of components of the THO complex affect telomere functions by reducing the expression of a telomere-associated protein, Rif1p. ..
- Yang W, Tsai W, Lin P, Yang M, Liu Y, Chang C, et al. Human BDH2, an anti-apoptosis factor, is a novel poor prognostic factor for de novo cytogenetically normal acute myeloid leukemia. J Biomed Sci. 2013;20:58 pubmed publisher..BDH2 is a novel independent poor prognostic marker for CN-AML, with the role of anti-apoptosis, through surviving. ..
- Kang H, Huang K, Chang S, Ma W, Lin W, Chang C. Differential modulation of androgen receptor-mediated transactivation by Smad3 and tumor suppressor Smad4. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:43749-56 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that the interactions between AR, Smad3, and Smad4 may result in the differential regulation of the AR transactivation, which further strengthens their roles in the prostate cancer progression. ..
- Lai L, Lin J, Lin C, Yeh H, Tsay Y, Lee C, et al. Functional genomic study on atrial fibrillation using cDNA microarray and two-dimensional protein electrophoresis techniques and identification of the myosin regulatory light chain isoform reprogramming in atrial fibrillation. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2004;15:214-23 pubmed..We demonstrated the reprogramming of myosin regulatory light chain isoform composition, with a significant increase of its ventricular isoform (MLC-2V). ..
- Yang C, Tsai P, Lee J, Huang C, Huang C. NF-kappaB inhibitors stabilize the mRNA of high-affinity type-2 cationic amino acid transporter in LPS-stimulated rat liver. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2005;49:468-76 pubmed..NF-kappaB inhibitors stabilize CAT-2 and CAT-2B mRNA in LPS-stimulated rat liver. The hepatic CAT-2/CAT-2B pathway may be a constitutive part of cytoprotective mechanisms against sepsis. ..
- Chang K, Tsai P, Huang T, Wang T, Yang S, Huang C. HO-1 mediates the effects of HBO pretreatment against sepsis. J Surg Res. 2006;136:143-53 pubmed..HBO pretreatment significantly attenuates LPS-induced acute organ injuries in septic rats. The beneficial effect of HBO pretreatment against sepsis is mediated, at least in part, by "super-induction" of HO-1. ..
- Hou H, Chou W, Lin L, Tang J, Tseng M, Huang C, et al. Expression of angiopoietins and vascular endothelial growth factors and their clinical significance in acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Res. 2008;32:904-12 pubmed..Subgroup analysis showed that Ang-2 expression had prognostic impact on patients with low (but not high) Ang-1 or Tie2 levels, and on patients with high (but not low) VEGF-A or VEGF-C levels. ..
- Yeh L, Liu C, Chien C, Converse R, Kao W, Chen M, et al. Molecular analysis and characterization of zebrafish keratocan (zKera) gene. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:506-17 pubmed..This is different from mouse, for which keratocan-deficient mice are viable. Taken together, our data indicate that mammalian keratocan is conserved in zebrafish in terms of gene structure, expression pattern, and promoter function. ..
- Lee C, Hsieh K, Chen Y, Shiue Y. Identification of candidate genes for congenital ventricular septal defects with HSA22q11 loss of heterozygosity. Rev Esp Cardiol. 2009;62:263-72 pubmed..Since CHD can be a familial disease, screening the siblings of a proband for LOH of HSA22q could be valuable for early diagnosis and treatment. ..
- Huang C, Lin C, Huang H, Liu H, Chen Y, Shih D, et al. CKS1B overexpression implicates clinical aggressiveness of hepatocellular carcinomas but not p27(Kip1) protein turnover: an independent prognosticator with potential p27 (Kip1)-independent oncogenic attributes?. Ann Surg Oncol. 2010;17:907-22 pubmed publisher..The combined assessment of CKS1B and p27(Kip1) immunoexpressions effectively risk-stratifies HCCs with different prognoses, which may aid in the management of this deadly malignancy. ..
- Tai S, Yang M, Chang S, Chang Y, Li W, Tsai T, et al. Persistent Krüppel-like factor 4 expression predicts progression and poor prognosis of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2011;102:895-902 pubmed publisher..Our data therefore provides valuable information that HNSCC with persistent KLF4 expression might require intensified combination treatment in future practice. ..
- Yang C, Sheu J, Tsai T, Chua S, Chang L, Chang H, et al. Effect of tacrolimus on myocardial infarction is associated with inflammation, ROS, MAP kinase and Akt pathways in mini-pigs. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2013;20:9-22 pubmed..001). Intra-coronary administration of tacrolimus attenuated inflammation and MAPK signaling, limited infarct size, and preserved LV function. ..
- Chan C, Cheng L, Lu J, Huang Y, Chiou S, Tsai P, et al. The role of interferon-? inducible protein-10 in a mouse model of acute liver injury post induced pluripotent stem cells transplantation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50577 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that IP-10 may have an important regulatory role in facilitating the repair and regeneration of injured liver after iPS transplantation. ..
- Hsieh E, Cheng M, Lin T. Functional characterization of an abiotic stress-inducible transcription factor AtERF53 in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol Biol. 2013;82:223-37 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the genetic, molecular and biochemical result might explain how AtERF53 serving as a transcription factor contributes to abiotic stress tolerance in Arabidopsis. ..
- Lin Z, Wu C, Chuang Y, Chuang W. Anti-cancer mechanisms of clinically acceptable colchicine concentrations on hepatocellular carcinoma. Life Sci. 2013;93:323-8 pubmed publisher..05). Clinically acceptable colchicine concentrations have anti-cancer effects on HCC. This drug has potential for the palliative treatment of HCC. ..
- Wang S, Hung C, Chuang J, Chang W, Hsu T, Hung J. Phosphorylation of p300 increases its protein degradation to enhance the lung cancer progression. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:1135-49 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, during lung tumorigenesis, a phosphorylation-mediated decrease in p300 level enhanced oncogene expression during interphase and decreased histone H3 acetylation during mitosis, which promoted lung cancer progression. ..
- Tsai M, Chen W, Yu S, Chen C, Jao T, Huang C, et al. DNA Hypermethylation of SHISA3 in Colorectal Cancer: An Independent Predictor of Poor Prognosis. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015;22 Suppl 3:S1481-9 pubmed publisher..The quantitative bisulfite pyrosequencing assay established could be a cost-effective tool for providing a potential biomarker of adverse prognosis in CRC. ..
- Kao Y, Lin P, Yen S, Huang S, Tsai J, Li C, et al. Clinicopathological and genetic heterogeneity of the head and neck solitary fibrous tumours: a comparative histological, immunohistochemical and molecular study of 36 cases. Histopathology. 2016;68:492-501 pubmed publisher..However, considerable heterogeneity exists in the head and neck SFTs regarding the locations, histological patterns, and NAB2-STAT6 fusion variants. ..
- Chiao Y, Cho W, Wang P. Inhibition of testosterone production by propylthiouracil in rat Leydig cells. Biol Reprod. 2002;67:416-22 pubmed..These results suggest that PTU acts directly on rat Leydig cells to diminish testosterone production by inhibiting P450(scc) function and StAR expression. ..
- Lee T, Yen H, Pan C, Chau L. The role of interleukin 12 in the development of atherosclerosis in ApoE-deficient mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1999;19:734-42 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that IL-12 plays an active role in regulating the immune response during the early phase of atherosclerosis in apoE-deficient mice. ..
- Liu T, Lin P, Chang J, Lee J, Chen T, Lin S. Mutation analysis of PTEN/MMAC1 in acute myeloid leukemia. Am J Hematol. 2000;63:170-5 pubmed..Our results indicate that the PTEN/MMAC1 gene may play a role in a small percentage of AML, but its significance needs to be further evaluated. ..
- Chiou W, Chou C, Chen C. Camptothecin suppresses nitric oxide biosynthesis in RAW 264.7 macrophages. Life Sci. 2001;69:625-35 pubmed..From this observation we propose that inhibition of NO biosynthesis by CPT may underlie, at least in part, the efficacy of this antitumor agent. ..
- Buu L, Jang L, Lee F. The yeast RNA-binding protein Rbp1p modifies the stability of mitochondrial porin mRNA. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:453-62 pubmed..Based on these observations, we infer that Rbp1p has a role in negatively regulating mitochondrial porin expression post-transcriptionally. ..
- Chang L, Wun W, Lin Y, Wang P. Effects of S-petasin on cyclic AMP production and enzyme activity of P450scc in rat zona fasciculata-reticularis cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2004;489:29-37 pubmed
- Ho M, Chen C, Lee H, Hsieh F, Shun C, Chang C, et al. Placenta growth factor not vascular endothelial growth factor A or C can predict the early recurrence after radical resection of hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Lett. 2007;250:237-49 pubmed..002). In contrast, VEGF-A and VEGF-C could not predict early recurrence-free survival. Since PlGF expression correlated with early recurrence of HCC, PlGF may be an important prognostic indicator in HCC. ..
- Lu H, Yang J, Lai K, Hsu S, Hsueh S, Chen Y, et al. Curcumin-induced DNA damage and inhibited DNA repair genes expressions in mouse-rat hybrid retina ganglion cells (N18). Neurochem Res. 2009;34:1491-7 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that curcumin caused DNA damage and inhibited DNA repair genes which may be the factors for curcumin-inhibited cell growth. ..
- Chiu C, Sheu J, Chen C, Lee C, Chiou L, Chou S, et al. Global gene expression profiling reveals a key role of CD44 in hepatic oval-cell reaction after 2-AAF/CCl4 injury in rodents. Histochem Cell Biol. 2009;132:479-89 pubmed publisher..Thus, oval cells express MMP-7 and CD44, and CD44 appears to play critical roles in the proliferation, invasion, and differentiation of hepatic oval cells in rodents. ..
- Kuo Y, Tang Y, Lu T, Wu H, Lin C. IGFBP-6 plays a role as an oncosuppressor gene in NPC pathogenesis through regulating EGR-1 expression. J Pathol. 2010;222:299-309 pubmed publisher..We conclude that IGFBP-6 can regulate the progression of NPC by regulating the expression of EGR-1. These results suggest that IGFBP-6 could be used as a new target in NPC therapy. ..
- Tsai Y, Chang Y, Chou C, Cheong M, Tsai M. Expression of a Hoechst 33342 efflux phenomenon and common characteristics of pluripotent stem cells in a side population of amniotic fluid cells. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2010;49:139-44 pubmed publisher..Enriched SP cells isolated by the efflux of Hoechst 33342 could be a novel and promising source of pluripotent-like amniotic derived stem cells for cellular therapy in the near future. ..
- Hung T, Huang L, Su S, Hsieh B, Cheng H, Hu Y, et al. Hemeoxygenase-1 expression in response to arecoline-induced oxidative stress in human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Int J Cardiol. 2011;151:187-94 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that, in HUVECs, arecoline stimulates ROS production and ICAM and VCAM expression. HO-1 expression is also upregulated through the ROS, tyrosine kinase, and MAPK (JNK and p38) signaling pathways. ..
- Wei S, Huang Y, Liu M, Tsou T, Lin H, Lin T, et al. An outbreak of coxsackievirus A6 hand, foot, and mouth disease associated with onychomadesis in Taiwan, 2010. BMC Infect Dis. 2011;11:346 pubmed publisher..HFMD patients with CA6 infection experienced symptoms targeting a broader spectrum of skin sites and more profound tissue destruction, i.e., desquamation and nail abnormalities. ..
- Wu Y, Lo H, Chen S, Chen H. Caspase-14 suppresses GCM1 acetylation and inhibits placental cell differentiation. FASEB J. 2013;27:2818-28 pubmed publisher..Therefore, caspase-14 can suppress placental cell differentiation through down-regulation of GCM1 activity. ..
- Lo T, Tsai W, Chen S. MicroRNA-21-3p, a berberine-induced miRNA, directly down-regulates human methionine adenosyltransferases 2A and 2B and inhibits hepatoma cell growth. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75628 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results demonstrate that miR-21-3p functions as a tumor suppressor by directly targeting both MAT2A and MAT2B, indicating its therapeutic potential in HCC. ..
- Chang M, Tsai Y, Chang H, Lee S, Lee M, Chang C, et al. IL-1Î²-induced MCP-1 expression and secretion of human dental pulp cells is related to TAK1, MEK/ERK, and PI3K/Akt signaling pathways. Arch Oral Biol. 2016;61:16-22 pubmed publisher..These events are related to differential activation of TAK1, PI3K/Akt and MEK/ERK 1/2 signaling and COX activation. These results are important for future pharmacologic intervention of pulpal inflammatory diseases. ..
- Li C, Yang J, Lu M, Lee C, Peng C, Hsu W, et al. ATR-Chk1 signaling inhibition as a therapeutic strategy to enhance cisplatin chemosensitivity in urothelial bladder cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:1947-59 pubmed publisher..Our findings collectively suggest that ATR-Chk1 is a target for improving the efficacy of cisplatin in bladder cancer. ..
- Peng J, Su C, Chang H, Chai C, Hung W. Overexpression of cyclo-oxygenase 2 in squamous cell carcinoma of the hypopharynx. Hum Pathol. 2002;33:100-4 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest that overexpression of COX-2 is a frequent phenomenon in hypopharyngeal carcinoma and may play a role in tumorigenesis of this cancer...
- Ro L, Lai S, Chen C, Chen S. Deleted 4977-bp mitochondrial DNA mutation is associated with sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a hospital-based case-control study. Muscle Nerve. 2003;28:737-43 pubmed..Moreover, male subjects had a higher risk than female subjects of having sporadic ALS. This study suggested that 4977-bp deleted mtDNA is significantly associated with the occurrence of sporadic ALS. ..
- Chen Y, Huse S, Lin L. Differential expression of p53, p63 and p73 protein and mRNA for DMBA-induced hamster buccal-pouch squamous-cell carcinomas. Int J Exp Pathol. 2004;85:97-104 pubmed..Our results indicate that both p73 and p63 may be involved in the development of chemically induced hamster buccal-pouch carcinomas, perhaps in concert with p53. ..
- Lin C, Liu T, Lin C, Hsu S. Oligoclonal T cells in histiocytic necrotizing lymphadenopathy are associated with TLR9+ plasmacytoid dendritic cells. Lab Invest. 2005;85:267-75 pubmed..Taken together, these data illustrate a novel approach, based upon TLR transcript analysis, for the integration of pathology, immunology, and clinical findings of HNL. ..
- Lin J, Tarn W. Exon selection in alpha-tropomyosin mRNA is regulated by the antagonistic action of RBM4 and PTB. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:10111-21 pubmed..This study suggests a possible mechanism underlying the regulated alternative splicing of alpha-TM by the antagonistic splicing regulators RBM4 and PTB. ..
- Yu D, Lin J, Hsieh D, Chang S, Lee C. Modulation of MDR-1 gene by MIF and GSTpi with drug resistance generation in hormone independent prostate cancer. Arch Androl. 2006;52:283-91 pubmed..The upregulation of MIF and GSTpi during the development of acquired drug resistance of hormone independent prostate cancer may simultaneously and partially modulate the activation of gp-170. ..
- Kou Y, Chou S, Wang Y, Chang Y, Huang S, Jung M, et al. Hepatitis C virus NS4A inhibits cap-dependent and the viral IRES-mediated translation through interacting with eukaryotic elongation factor 1A. J Biomed Sci. 2006;13:861-74 pubmed..Taken together, NS4A inhibits host and viral translation through interacting with eEF1A, implying a possible mechanism by which NS4A is involved in the pathogenesis and chronic infection of HCV. ..
- Hsu Y, Chiu Y, Lee C, Wu C, Huang Y. Anti-fibrotic effects of tetrandrine on bile-duct ligated rats. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2006;84:967-76 pubmed
- Lee Y, Hsiao C. Desmoplastic small round cell tumor: a clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical and molecular study of four patients. J Formos Med Assoc. 2007;106:854-60 pubmed..Only a few studies using RT-PCR with formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue sections to detect the specific transcript have been reported...
- Chen Y, Hsu H, Chen Y, Tsai T, How C, Wang C, et al. Oct-4 expression maintained cancer stem-like properties in lung cancer-derived CD133-positive cells. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2637 pubmed publisher..Future research is warranted regarding the up-regulated expression of Oct-4 in LC-CD133(+) and malignant lung cancer...
- Hsu Y, Wu L, Kuo P. Dehydrocostuslactone, a medicinal plant-derived sesquiterpene lactone, induces apoptosis coupled to endoplasmic reticulum stress in liver cancer cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009;329:808-19 pubmed publisher..It is noteworthy that animal studies have revealed a dramatic 50% reduction in tumor volume after 45 days of treatment. This study demonstrates that DHE may be a novel anticancer agent for the treatment of liver cancer. ..
- Ho B, Pan T. The Monascus metabolite monacolin K reduces tumor progression and metastasis of Lewis lung carcinoma cells. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:8258-65 pubmed publisher..Therefore, application of RMRE may serve as a nontoxic natural chemopreventive or antineoplastic agent in the development of cancer adjuvant chemotherapy...
- Lang Y, Chang S, Wang L, Chen C. Chymase mediates paraquat-induced collagen production in human lung fibroblasts. Toxicol Lett. 2010;193:19-25 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a role for chymase in the pathogenesis of paraquat-induced lung fibrosis. ..
- Li H, Yeh P, Chiu H, Tang C, Tu B. Hyperphosphorylation as a defense mechanism to reduce TDP-43 aggregation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23075 pubmed publisher..Therefore, enhancement of phosphorylation may serve as an effective therapeutic strategy against ALS/FTLD-U. ..
- Hsieh T, Tsai C, Hsu C, Kuo P, Lee J, Chai C, et al. Phthalates stimulate the epithelial to mesenchymal transition through an HDAC6-dependent mechanism in human breast epithelial stem cells. Toxicol Sci. 2012;128:365-76 pubmed publisher..Understanding the signaling cascades of phthalates that activate EMT through HDAC6 in breast epithelial stem cells provides the identification of novel therapeutic target for human breast cancer. ..
- Wang C, Wu M, Lin M, Lee J. Primary gastric synovial sarcoma. J Formos Med Assoc. 2012;111:516-20 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, only 11 synovial sarcomas arising in the stomach have previously been reported. The pathologic features, differential diagnoses, and clinical manifestations are discussed. ..
- Huang Y, Matzke A, Matzke M. Complete sequence and comparative analysis of the chloroplast genome of coconut palm (Cocos nucifera). PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74736 pubmed publisher..We compare our findings with those from other palm species for which complete cp genome sequences are available. ..
- Yang S, Lin H, Changou C, Chen C, Liu Y, Wang J, et al. Integrin Î²3 and LKB1 are independently involved in the inhibition of proliferation by lovastatin in human intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:362-73 pubmed publisher..Our study highlights novel anti-cancer properties of Lovastatin and supports further exploration of statins in the context of cholangiocarcinoma therapy. ..
- Ho M, Chang J, Wu S, Chung Y, Chen C, Hung S, et al. A novel terminal differentiation model of human articular chondrocytes in three-dimensional cultures mimicking chondrocytic changes in osteoarthritis. Cell Biol Int. 2006;30:288-94 pubmed..Terminal differentiation is shown by this model of three-dimensional cultured human articular chondrocytes, which could apply to the studies of the cellular mechanisms of osteoarthritis. ..
- Chuang Y, Wang T, Jen H, Yu A, Chiang B. ?-Galactosylceramide-induced airway eosinophilia is mediated through the activation of NKT cells. J Immunol. 2011;186:4687-92 pubmed publisher..Hence, it remains to be determined whether the activation of iNKT cells would be applicable in therapeutics for human diseases. ..
- Lin G, Ting H, Tseng T, Juang V, Lo Y. Modulation of the mRNA-binding protein HuR as a novel reversal mechanism of epirubicin-triggered multidrug resistance in colorectal cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185625 pubmed publisher..Our study thus provides a powerful regimen for circumventing MDR in colon cancer cells...
- Chiou S, Ku H, Tsai T, Lin H, Chen L, Chien C, et al. Moclobemide upregulated Bcl-2 expression and induced neural stem cell differentiation into serotoninergic neuron via extracellular-regulated kinase pathway. Br J Pharmacol. 2006;148:587-98 pubmed..In sum, the study results support that MB can upregulate Bcl-2 expression and induce the differentiation of NSCs into serotoninergic neuron via ERK pathway...
- Chang C, Chiu J, Tseng L, Chang C, Chien T, Chen C, et al. Si-Wu-Tang and its constituents promote mammary duct cell proliferation by up-regulation of HER-2 signaling. Menopause. 2006;13:967-76 pubmed..This provides important information for perimenopausal women who are at risk of or have breast cancer or other growths in breast tissue. ..
- Huang W, Yen F, Shie F, Pan C, Shiao Y, Yang C, et al. TGF-beta1 blockade of microglial chemotaxis toward Abeta aggregates involves SMAD signaling and down-regulation of CCL5. J Neuroinflammation. 2010;7:28 pubmed publisher..TGF-beta1 may ameliorate microglia-mediated neuroinflammation in AD by preventing activated microglial clustering at neuritic plaques. ..
- Huang C, Yang D, Lin C, Kao L. Involvement of Rab3A in vesicle priming during exocytosis: interaction with Munc13-1 and Munc18-1. Traffic. 2011;12:1356-70 pubmed publisher..Munc18-1 acts downstream of Munc13-1/RIM/Rab3A and interacts with syntaxin 1a allowing vesicle priming. Furthermore, Munc18-1 promotes Rab3A dissociation from vesicles, which then results in fusion. ..
- Hsiao C, Kao Y, Huang S, Chuang J. Toll-like receptor-4 agonist inhibits motility and invasion of hepatoblastoma HepG2 cells in vitro. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2013;60:248-53 pubmed publisher..HB cells overexpress TLR4, whereas TLR4 agonistic treatment inhibits migration and invasion of HB HepG2 cells. These findings suggest that TLR4 signaling pathway is a potential therapeutic target for control of HB tumor progression. ..
- Huang J, Lin W, Li S, Shih M, Chan W, Shin J, et al. Comparative proteomic analysis of extracellular secreted proteins expressed by two pathogenic Acanthamoeba castellanii clinical isolates and a non-pathogenic ATCC strain. Exp Parasitol. 2016;166:60-7 pubmed publisher..This study shows a suitable approach to identify secreted proteins in Acanthamoeba and provides new perspectives for the study of molecules potentially involved in the AK. ..
- Liu C, Tsai W, Lin Y, Liao J, Chen C, Kuo Y. The extracts from Nelumbo Nucifera suppress cell cycle progression, cytokine genes expression, and cell proliferation in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Life Sci. 2004;75:699-716 pubmed
- Wang K, James Shen C. DNA methyltransferase Dnmt1 and mismatch repair. Oncogene. 2004;23:7898-902 pubmed..The implication that Dnmt1 enzyme and/or cytosine methylation may participate in the strand discrimination of mismatch repair during eukaryotic DNA replication is discussed. ..
- Tsao W, Wu H, Chi K, Chang Y, Lin W. Proteasome inhibitors induce peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor transactivation through RXR accumulation and a protein kinase C-dependent pathway. Exp Cell Res. 2005;304:234-43 pubmed..The former is due to inhibition of RXR alpha degradation through ubiquitin-dependent proteasome system, while the latter is mediated by reactive oxygen species (ROS) production. ..
- Tseng K, Lu K, Chien C. A possible cellular mechanism of neuronal loss in the dorsal root ganglia of Dystonia musculorum (dt) mice. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2006;65:336-47 pubmed
- Huang Y, Huang W, Lin W, Chen M, Jeng S. An endothelial-cell-enriched primary culture system to study vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF A) expression in a teleost, the Japanese eel (Anguilla japonica). Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2006;145:33-46 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that an eel partial VEGF gene has been cloned and its regulation of expression in endothelial-cell-enriched rete mirabile cell culture is similar to that in higher vertebrates. ..
- Ho C, Hsu C, Fong P, Tai S, Hsieh S, Chen C. Epstein-Barr virus transcription activator Rta upregulates decoy receptor 3 expression by binding to its promoter. J Virol. 2007;81:4837-47 pubmed publisher..However, Rta-transduced PI 3-K activity plays a minor role in DcR3 expression. This is the first report to demonstrate that Rta upregulates a cellular gene by direct binding to an RRE...
- Fang I, Yang C, Yang C, Chen M. Linoleic acid-induced expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase II via p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase and nuclear factor-kappaB pathway in retinal pigment epithelial cells. Exp Eye Res. 2007;85:667-77 pubmed..These results may provide new insights into both mechanisms of LA action on RPE cells and pathogenesis of age-related macular degeneration. ..
- Tzeng D, Chien C, Lung F, Yang C. MAOA gene polymorphisms and response to mirtazapine in major depression. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2009;24:293-300 pubmed publisher..The genetic polymorphisms in the MAOA promoter region may be associated with treatment response to mirtazapine. ..
- Yu C, Chiou G, Lee Y, Chang Y, Huang P, Cheng Y, et al. Medulloblastoma-derived tumor stem-like cells acquired resistance to TRAIL-induced apoptosis and radiosensitivity. Childs Nerv Syst. 2010;26:897-904 pubmed publisher..Understanding the molecular mechanisms by which to operate the physiological characteristics in MB-TSC cells offers attractive approach for MB treatment. ..
- Weng M, Ni Y, Su Y, Wong J, Wei S. Clinical and genetic analysis of Peutz-Jeghers syndrome patients in Taiwan. J Formos Med Assoc. 2010;109:354-61 pubmed publisher..Mutations in the LKB1 gene were identified in 57% of the probands in Taiwan. ..
- Chang K, Huang Y, Wong Z, Su P, Huang B, Ju T, et al. Fibroblast growth factor-2 up-regulates the expression of nestin through the Ras-Raf-ERK-Sp1 signaling axis in C6 glioma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;434:854-60 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insight into the regulation of nestin in glial system and enable the further studies on the function of nestin in glial cells. ..
- Lee C, Shieh Y, Tsai C, Hung Y, Tsai Y, Lin C. Expression of growth arrest-specific protein 6 and Axl molecules in the left internal mammary artery of patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting. J Clin Pathol. 2014;67:506-11 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Gas6 may play a critical and protective role in human vascular biology. ..
- Lin H, Chang Y, Kao M, Huang C. Naloxone inhibits nod-like receptor protein 3 inflammasome. J Surg Res. 2017;219:72-77 pubmed publisher..001). Naloxone inhibits NLRP3 inflammasome activation. ..
- Liu R, Huang C, You H, Chou F, Hu C, Chao F, et al. Overexpression of tumor susceptibility gene TSG101 in human papillary thyroid carcinomas. Oncogene. 2002;21:4830-7 pubmed
- Chen C, Wang L, Yeh T. Effects of maternal nicotine exposure on lung surfactant system in rats. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2005;39:97-102 pubmed
- Lin C, Tsai Y, Huang M, Lu Y, Ho C, Tseng S, et al. Inhibition of estradiol-induced mammary proliferation by dibenzoylmethane through the E2-ER-ERE-dependent pathway. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:131-6 pubmed..Taken together, our results strongly suggest that DBM plays an inhibitory role in E2-induced proliferations, which establishes DBM as a model molecule for studying the antiestrogenic drugs. ..
- Chou H, Yumoto H, Davey M, Takahashi Y, Miyamoto T, Gibson F, et al. Porphyromonas gingivalis fimbria-dependent activation of inflammatory genes in human aortic endothelial cells. Infect Immun. 2005;73:5367-78 pubmed..gingivalis fimbria-mediated invasion upregulates inflammatory gene expression in HAEC and in aortic tissue and indicates that invasive P. gingivalis infection accelerates inflammatory responses directly in the aorta...
- Shen S, Cheng Y, Shen T, Yu J. Molecular cloning of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH)-beta subunit cDNA from duck pituitary. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2006;148:388-94 pubmed
- Tseng Y, Chang C, Liu T, Kao S, Chang K, Lin S. Areca nut extract treatment down-regulates involucrin in normal human oral keratinocyte through P13K/AKT activation. Oral Oncol. 2007;43:670-9 pubmed..However, such phenomena seemed to be independent from the ANE-associated COX-2 activation. The ANE-associated down-regulation of involucrin through AKT pathway could underlie the areca-associated epithelial pathogenesis. ..
- Yu J, Pon C, Ku H, Wang C, Kao Y. A preprogalanin cDNA from the turtle pituitary and regulation of its gene expression. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2007;292:R1649-56 pubmed..These results suggest a hormone-dependent effect on hypophyseal galanin mRNA expression. ..
- Kuo S, Chen L, Wu M, Lin C, Yeh K, Kuo K, et al. Long-term follow-up of gastrectomized patients with mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma: need for a revisit of surgical treatment. Ann Surg. 2008;247:265-9 pubmed publisher..pylori-independent tumors. A revisit of surgical treatment for gastric MALT lymphoma is mandatory. ..