Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction in Sweden
Topic: reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction
Publications208 found, 100 shown here
- Berg A, Ekman K, Belak S, Berg M. Cellular composition and interferon-gamma expression of the local inflammatory response in feline infectious peritonitis (FIP). Vet Microbiol. 2005;111:15-23 pubmed..Upregulation of IFN-gamma expression within the inflammatory lesions suggests a local activation of macrophages, which might result in increased viral replication...
- Zhu Y, Nilsson M, Sundfeldt K. Phenotypic plasticity of the ovarian surface epithelium: TGF-beta 1 induction of epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) in vitro. Endocrinology. 2010;151:5497-505 pubmed publisher..This suggests a potential role of TGF-?1-induced EMT in OSE under physiological conditions and possibly also in epithelial ovarian tumorigenesis. ..
- Shao R, Norstrom A, Weijdegård B, Egecioglu E, Fernandez Rodriguez J, Feng Y, et al. Distinct expression pattern of Dicer1 correlates with ovarian-derived steroid hormone receptor expression in human Fallopian tubes during ovulation and the midsecretory phase. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011;96:E869-77 pubmed publisher..Tissue-specific dicer1 knockout mice display severe, irreversible Fallopian tube damage and disrupted tubal transport. It is not known how Dicer1 affects human Fallopian tube function...
- Song J, Mu Y, Li C, Bergh A, Miaczynska M, Heldin C, et al. APPL proteins promote TGFÎ²-induced nuclear transport of the TGFÎ² type I receptor intracellular domain. Oncotarget. 2016;7:279-92 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the APPL-TÎ²RI complex promotes prostate tumour progression, and may serve as a prognostic marker. ..
- Sjogren H, Wedell B, Meis Kindblom J, Kindblom L, Stenman G, Kindblom J. Fusion of the NH2-terminal domain of the basic helix-loop-helix protein TCF12 to TEC in extraskeletal myxoid chondrosarcoma with translocation t(9;15)(q22;q21). Cancer Res. 2000;60:6832-5 pubmed
- Eriksson A, Nordqvist K. Protocol for using signal peptide differential display and representational difference analysis to isolate differentially expressed cDNAs from fetal mouse brain. Brain Res Brain Res Protoc. 2001;6:119-28 pubmed..The resulting sex-specific fragments were verified by semi-quantitative RT-PCR. Here we describe these methods in detail. ..
- Dunér T, Conlon J, Kukkonen J, Akerman K, Yan Y, Postlethwait J, et al. Cloning, structural characterization and functional expression of a zebrafish bradykinin B2-related receptor. Biochem J. 2002;364:817-24 pubmed..The B1-selective analogue [Arg0,Trp5,Leu8,des-Arg9]-BK was inactive at nanomolar concentrations. Taken together, these results strongly support the gene's identity as a piscine orthologue of the mammalian B2 receptor. ..
- Hamaguchi I, Ooka A, Brun A, Richter J, Dahl N, Karlsson S. Gene transfer improves erythroid development in ribosomal protein S19-deficient Diamond-Blackfan anemia. Blood. 2002;100:2724-31 pubmed..Therefore, these findings suggest that gene therapy for RPS19-deficient patients with DBA using viral vectors that express the RPS19 gene is feasible. ..
- Näpänkangas U, Lindqvist N, Lindholm D, Hallböök F. Rat retinal ganglion cells upregulate the pro-apoptotic BH3-only protein Bim after optic nerve transection. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2003;120:30-7 pubmed
- SCHAFER M, Lundstrom J, Pfeffer M, Lundkvist E, Landin J. Biological diversity versus risk for mosquito nuisance and disease transmission in constructed wetlands in southern Sweden. Med Vet Entomol. 2004;18:256-67 pubmed..The use of functional groups is recommended as a tool for presenting mosquito data to the public, and for helping communication between scientists and administrative decision makers. ..
- Wackenfors A, Emilson M, Ingemansson R, Edvinsson L, Malmsjo M. Ischemic heart disease down-regulates angiotensin type 1 receptor mRNA in human coronary arteries. Eur J Pharmacol. 2004;503:147-53 pubmed..001). Artery culture may thus be a suitable method for studying angiotensin receptor regulation. ..
- Ohlson J, Ensterö M, Sjoberg B, Ohman M. A method to find tissue-specific novel sites of selective adenosine deamination. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:e167 pubmed..The RNA substrates were verified by RT-PCR, RNase protection and microarray. Using this method it is possible to uniquely identify novel single sites of selective A to I editing. ..
- Svensson J, Tivesten A, Sjögren K, Isaksson O, Bergstrom G, Mohan S, et al. Liver-derived IGF-I regulates kidney size, sodium reabsorption, and renal IGF-II expression. J Endocrinol. 2007;193:359-66 pubmed..However, the LI-IGF-I(-/-) mice did not develop kidney failure or nephrosclerosis. One may speculate that liver-derived endocrine IGF-I induces renal IGF-II expression, resulting in symmetrical renal growth. ..
- Larsson J, Rogstam A, von Wachenfeldt C. YjbH is a novel negative effector of the disulphide stress regulator, Spx, in Bacillus subtilis. Mol Microbiol. 2007;66:669-84 pubmed..YjbH is proposed to affect the cellular concentration of Spx by modulating proteolysis via the ClpXP protease. ..
- Zhu L, Li X, Welander M. Overexpression of the Arabidopsis gai gene in apple significantly reduces plant size. Plant Cell Rep. 2008;27:289-96 pubmed..In general, transgenic clones showed reduced rooting ability, especially for the extremely compact ones. ..
- Artin I, Carter A, Holst E, Lövenklev M, Mason D, Peck M, et al. Effects of carbon dioxide on neurotoxin gene expression in nonproteolytic Clostridium botulinum Type E. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2008;74:2391-7 pubmed publisher..This finding sheds a new, cautionary light on the potential risks of botulism associated with the use of modified atmosphere packaging...
- Bengoechea Alonso M, Ericsson J. A phosphorylation cascade controls the degradation of active SREBP1. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:5885-95 pubmed publisher..Thus, the degradation of mature SREBP1 is controlled by cross-talk between multiple phosphorylated residues in its C-terminal domain and the phosphorylation of Ser-434 could function as a molecular switch to control these processes. ..
- Gunnarsson S, Bexell D, Svensson A, Siesjo P, Darabi A, Bengzon J. Intratumoral IL-7 delivery by mesenchymal stromal cells potentiates IFNgamma-transduced tumor cell immunotherapy of experimental glioma. J Neuroimmunol. 2010;218:140-4 pubmed publisher..A higher density of intratumoral T-cells was observed in animals receiving combined therapies compared to rats receiving either cytokine alone suggesting that the therapeutic effect is dependent on a T-cell response. ..
- Hallberg G, Andersson E, Naessen T, Ordeberg G. The expression of syndecan-1, syndecan-4 and decorin in healthy human breast tissue during the menstrual cycle. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2010;8:35 pubmed publisher..Since ECM molecules appear to be involved in tumor progression, these findings in the normal breast could constitute a base for further studies in women receiving hormonal therapy or those with breast cancer. ..
- Bergstrom R, Savary K, Morén A, Guibert S, Heldin C, Ohlsson R, et al. Transforming growth factor beta promotes complexes between Smad proteins and the CCCTC-binding factor on the H19 imprinting control region chromatin. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19727-37 pubmed publisher..Because the CTCF-Smad complex is not essential for the chromatin insulator function of the H19 ICR, we propose that it can play a role in chromatin cross-talk organized by the H19 ICR. ..
- Lundqvist J, Norlin M. Effects of CYP7B1-related steroids on androgen receptor activation in different cell lines. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1821:973-9 pubmed publisher..Potential roles of cell-specific metabolism or comodulator expression for the observed differences are discussed. ..
- Lilja L, Yang S, Webb D, Juntti Berggren L, Berggren P, Bark C. Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 promotes insulin exocytosis. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:34199-205 pubmed..Taken together these results show that Cdk5 is present in beta-cells and acts as a positive regulator of insulin exocytosis. ..
- Correa P, Akerstrom G, Westin G. Underexpression of Gcm2, a master regulatory gene of parathyroid gland development, in adenomas of primary hyperparathyroidism. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2002;57:501-5 pubmed..We speculate that a proper expression level of the Gcm2 transcription factor could be important for maintaining a fully differentiated state of the parathyroid cell. ..
- Ullenhag G, Frödin J, Mosolits S, Kiaii S, Hassan M, Bonnet M, et al. Immunization of colorectal carcinoma patients with a recombinant canarypox virus expressing the tumor antigen Ep-CAM/KSA (ALVAC-KSA) and granulocyte macrophage colony- stimulating factor induced a tumor-specific cellular immune response. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:2447-56 pubmed..Expression of the tumor antigen in a viral vector may facilitate appropriate antigen presentation. The feasibility of an Ep-CAM/KSA-specific therapeutic vaccination was investigated in cancer patients...
- Tollin M, Bergman P, Svenberg T, Jornvall H, Gudmundsson G, Agerberth B. Antimicrobial peptides in the first line defence of human colon mucosa. Peptides. 2003;24:523-30 pubmed..Combined, these results indicate that the colon mucosa is protected by a complex mixture of polypeptides, able to kill invading microbes and working in synergy as a barrier against bacterial invasion. ..
- Chrysis D, Zaman F, Chagin A, Takigawa M, Savendahl L. Dexamethasone induces apoptosis in proliferative chondrocytes through activation of caspases and suppression of the Akt-phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase signaling pathway. Endocrinology. 2005;146:1391-7 pubmed..Based on our in vitro data, we speculate that in vivo treatment with glucocorticoids may diminish longitudinal growth by increasing apoptosis of proliferative growth plate chondrocytes. ..
- Forsberg L, Björck E, Hashemi J, Zedenius J, Höög A, Farnebo L, et al. Distinction in gene expression profiles demonstrated in parathyroid adenomas by high-density oligoarray technology. Eur J Endocrinol. 2005;152:459-70 pubmed..The results were then evaluated with respect to differences between adenomas and normal parathyroid tissue, and to the presence of loss of heterozygosity (LOH) in chromosomal region 11q13...
- Gotherstrom C, West A, Liden J, Uzunel M, Lahesmaa R, Le Blanc K. Difference in gene expression between human fetal liver and adult bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Haematologica. 2005;90:1017-26 pubmed..The results suggest that fetal MSC have higher proliferative capacity and are less lineage committed than adult MSC. ..
- Wettergren Y, Odin E, Nilsson S, Willen R, Carlsson G, Gustavsson B. Low expression of reduced folate carrier-1 and folylpolyglutamate synthase correlates with lack of a deleted in colorectal carcinoma mRNA splice variant in normal-appearing mucosa of colorectal carcinoma patients. Cancer Detect Prev. 2005;29:348-55 pubmed..The results may provide a basis for a detailed investigation of molecular mechanisms involved in folate regulation of DCC expression. ..
- Olsson P, Burleigh S, van Aarle I. The influence of external nitrogen on carbon allocation to Glomus intraradices in monoxenic arbuscular mycorrhiza. New Phytol. 2005;168:677-86 pubmed..We conclude that negative impacts of N on AM abundance are caused by reduced C allocation from the plant. Upregulation of the fungal Pi-transporter GiPT indicated that increased N availability might induce P limitation in the mycelium. ..
- Hunt M, Rautanen A, Westin M, Svensson L, Alexson S. Analysis of the mouse and human acyl-CoA thioesterase (ACOT) gene clusters shows that convergent, functional evolution results in a reduced number of human peroxisomal ACOTs. FASEB J. 2006;20:1855-64 pubmed..These data strongly suggest that the human ACOT4 gene has acquired the functions of three mouse genes by a functional convergent evolution that also provides an explanation for the unexpectedly low number of human genes. ..
- Fryknäs M, Dhar S, Oberg F, Rickardson L, Rydåker M, Göransson H, et al. STAT1 signaling is associated with acquired crossresistance to doxorubicin and radiation in myeloma cell lines. Int J Cancer. 2007;120:189-95 pubmed..These results show that resistance to doxorubicin and radiation is associated with increased STAT1 signaling and can be modulated by fludarabine. The data support further development of therapies combining fludarabine and radiation. ..
- Segersten U, Björklund P, Hellman P, Akerstrom G, Westin G. Potentiating effects of nonactive/active vitamin D analogues and ketoconazole in parathyroid cells. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2007;66:399-404 pubmed..Further studies are warranted to elucidate whether precursor vitamin D analogues as well as inhibitors of 24-hydroxylase present therapeutic alternatives in patients suffering from HPT. ..
- Olsson A, Lind L, Thornell L, Holmberg M. Myopathy with lactic acidosis is linked to chromosome 12q23.3-24.11 and caused by an intron mutation in the ISCU gene resulting in a splicing defect. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:1666-72 pubmed publisher..To conclude, our data strongly suggest that an intron mutation in the ISCU gene, leading to incorrectly spliced mRNA, is the cause of myopathy with lactic acidosis in this family. ..
- Hayeshi R, Hilgendorf C, Artursson P, Augustijns P, Brodin B, Dehertogh P, et al. Comparison of drug transporter gene expression and functionality in Caco-2 cells from 10 different laboratories. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2008;35:383-96 pubmed publisher..Absolute expression of genes was variable indicating that small differences in culture conditions have a significant impact on gene expression, although the overall expression patterns were similar. ..
- Bengtsson M, Mäkelä K, Herzig K, Flemström G. Short food deprivation inhibits orexin receptor 1 expression and orexin-A induced intracellular calcium signaling in acutely isolated duodenal enterocytes. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;296:G651-8 pubmed publisher..Studies of enterocyte signaling and intestinal secretion requires particular evaluation regarding feeding status. ..
- Dahlman I, Mejhert N, Linder K, Agustsson T, Mutch D, Kulyte A, et al. Adipose tissue pathways involved in weight loss of cancer cachexia. Br J Cancer. 2010;102:1541-8 pubmed publisher..Changes in gene expression in cachexia are reciprocal to those observed in obesity, suggesting that regulation of fat mass at least partly corresponds to two sides of the same coin. ..
- Palovaara J, Hallberg H, Stasolla C, Hakman I. Comparative expression pattern analysis of WUSCHEL-related homeobox 2 (WOX2) and WOX8/9 in developing seeds and somatic embryos of the gymnosperm Picea abies. New Phytol. 2010;188:122-35 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest an ancestral role of WOX in seed plant embryo development, and strengthen the proposed connection between PAT, PIN-FORMED (PIN) and WOX in the regulation of embryo patterning in seed plants...
- Lu M, Berglund E, Larsson C, Höög A, Farnebo L, Bränström R. Calmodulin and calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II inhibit hormone secretion in human parathyroid adenoma. J Endocrinol. 2011;208:31-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results show that calmodulin negatively contributes to the regulation of PTH secretion in parathyroid adenoma, at least partially via a CaMKII pathway...
- Brunius C, Rasmussen M, Lacoutière H, Andersson K, Ekstrand B, Zamaratskaia G. Expression and activities of hepatic cytochrome P450 (CYP1A, CYP2A and CYP2E1) in entire and castrated male pigs. Animal. 2012;6:271-7 pubmed publisher..However, this suppression was not always reflected in decreased protein expression and activities of these isoforms, suggesting that at least some CYP450s (e.g. CYP2E1) are regulated by a post-transcriptional mechanism. ..
- Johansson M, Bergenheim A, Widmark A, Henriksson R. Effects of radiotherapy and estramustine on the microvasculature in malignant glioma. Br J Cancer. 1999;80:142-8 pubmed..This effect was abolished by estramustine. The anti-vascular effect of irradiation is important to recognize when combining radiotherapy with cytotoxic drugs. ..
- Wang H, Stjernholm Y, Ekman G, Eriksson H, Sahlin L. Different regulation of oestrogen receptors alpha and beta in the human cervix at term pregnancy. Mol Hum Reprod. 2001;7:293-300 pubmed..Furthermore, oestrogen may mediate some effects on cervical ripening via ERbeta present in the invading neutrophils. Further studies are needed to elucidate this finding. ..
- Sjöström M, Jakobsson P, Juremalm M, Ahmed A, Nilsson G, Macchia L, et al. Human mast cells express two leukotriene C(4) synthase isoenzymes and the CysLT(1) receptor. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1583:53-62 pubmed..Moreover, the expression of the cognate receptor CysLT(1) suggests that these lipid mediators may be involved in autocrine signaling pathways regulating mast cell functions. ..
- Wang L, Jacobsen S, Bengtsson A, Erlinge D. P2 receptor mRNA expression profiles in human lymphocytes, monocytes and CD34+ stem and progenitor cells. BMC Immunol. 2004;5:16 pubmed..Thus, it is possible that specific antibodies to P2 receptors could be used to identify progenitors for monocytes, lymphocytes and megakaryocytes. ..
- Pilka R, Noskova V, Domanski H, Andersson C, Hansson S, Casslen B. Endometrial TIMP-4 mRNA is expressed in the stroma, while TIMP-4 protein accumulates in the epithelium and is released to the uterine fluid. Mol Hum Reprod. 2006;12:497-503 pubmed..MMP-26 is stored in epithelial cells in its active form, is not released spontaneously and is controlled by TIMP-4 in both stroma and uterine fluid. ..
- Xue Franzén Y, Kjaerulff S, Holmberg C, Wright A, Nielsen O. Genomewide identification of pheromone-targeted transcription in fission yeast. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:303 pubmed..Our results suggest that the Ste11 transcription factor is responsible for the majority of pheromone-induced transcription. Finally, most cell-type specific genes now appear to be identified in fission yeast. ..
- Gustafsson K, Wang X, Severa D, Eriksson M, Kimby E, Merup M, et al. Expression of cannabinoid receptors type 1 and type 2 in non-Hodgkin lymphoma: growth inhibition by receptor activation. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:1025-33 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that therapies using cannabinoid receptor ligands will have efficiency in reducing tumor burden in malignant lymphoma overexpressing CB1 and CB2. ..
- Forshell T, Rimpi S, Nilsson J. Chemoprevention of B-cell lymphomas by inhibition of the Myc target spermidine synthase. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2010;3:140-7 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that inhibition of Srm is an additional chemopreventive strategy that warrants further consideration. ..
- Salto C, Kindblom J, Johansson C, Wang Z, Gullberg H, Nordstrom K, et al. Ablation of TRalpha2 and a concomitant overexpression of alpha1 yields a mixed hypo- and hyperthyroid phenotype in mice. Mol Endocrinol. 2001;15:2115-28 pubmed..The phenotypes suggest that the balance of TRalpha1:TRalpha2 expressed from the TRalpha gene provides an additional level of tuning the control of growth and homeostasis in mammalian species. ..
- Wang L, Erling P, Bengtsson A, Truedsson L, Sturfelt G, Erlinge D. Transcriptional down-regulation of the platelet ADP receptor P2Y(12) and clusterin in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. J Thromb Haemost. 2004;2:1436-42 pubmed..These findings could help to achieve a better understanding of the platelet function in SLE and serve as a guide for further research and drug use. ..
- Nilsson E, Long Y, Martinsson S, Glund S, Garcia Roves P, Svensson L, et al. Opposite transcriptional regulation in skeletal muscle of AMP-activated protein kinase gamma3 R225Q transgenic versus knock-out mice. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:7244-52 pubmed..Additionally, we identified a wide array of novel targets and regulatory pathways for AMPK in skeletal muscle. ..
- Yadav M, Zhang J, Fischer H, Huang W, Lutay N, Cirl C, et al. Inhibition of TIR domain signaling by TcpC: MyD88-dependent and independent effects on Escherichia coli virulence. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1001120 pubmed publisher..Dysregulation of the host response by microbial TcpC thus appears to impair the protective effects of innate immunity, while promoting inflammation and tissue damage. ..
- Sreedharan S, Stephansson O, Schioth H, Fredriksson R. Long evolutionary conservation and considerable tissue specificity of several atypical solute carrier transporters. Gene. 2011;478:11-8 pubmed publisher..This work provides fundamental information on 14 transporters that previously have not received much attention enabling a more comprehensive view over the SLC superfamily. ..
- Cieśla M, Mierzejewska J, Adamczyk M, Farrants A, Boguta M. Fructose bisphosphate aldolase is involved in the control of RNA polymerase III-directed transcription. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:1103-10 pubmed publisher..Additionally, a role of aldolase in control of tRNA transcription was confirmed by ChIP experiments. The results indicate a novel direct relationship between RNA polymerase III transcription and aldolase. ..
- Phillipson M, Henriksnäs J, Holstad M, Sandler S, Holm L. Inducible nitric oxide synthase is involved in acid-induced gastric hyperemia in rats and mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2003;285:G154-62 pubmed..The results suggest that iNOS is constitutively expressed in the gastric mucosa and is involved in acid-induced hyperemia, suggesting a novel role for iNOS in gastric mucosal protection. ..
- Monstein H, Grahn N, Truedsson M, Ohlsson B. Oxytocin and oxytocin-receptor mRNA expression in the human gastrointestinal tract: a polymerase chain reaction study. Regul Pept. 2004;119:39-44 pubmed..A possible physiological and/or pathophysiological role of OT and OT-receptor expression in the human GI tract and the cellular location of its expression remain to be shown. ..
- Karlsson C, Brantsing C, Egell S, Lindahl A. Notch1, Jagged1, and HES5 are abundantly expressed in osteoarthritis. Cells Tissues Organs. 2008;188:287-98 pubmed publisher..Notch signalling is dysregulated in OA, inducing and repressing transcription of genes that could potentially partly contribute to the OA phenotype. ..
- Lundwall A, Clauss A. Identification of a novel protease inhibitor gene that is highly expressed in the prostate. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;290:452-6 pubmed..By RT-PCR it was shown that the gene is highly expressed in prostate, skin, lung, and esophagus. ..
- Rotter V, Nagaev I, Smith U. Interleukin-6 (IL-6) induces insulin resistance in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and is, like IL-8 and tumor necrosis factor-alpha, overexpressed in human fat cells from insulin-resistant subjects. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:45777-84 pubmed..We conclude that IL-6 can play an important role in insulin resistance in man and, furthermore, that it may act in concert with other cytokines that also are up-regulated in adipose cells in insulin resistance. ..
- Wootz H, Weber E, Korhonen L, Lindholm D. Altered distribution and levels of cathepsinD and cystatins in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis transgenic mice: possible roles in motor neuron survival. Neuroscience. 2006;143:419-30 pubmed..The observed changes in the levels and distributions of cathepsinD and cystatinB and-C indicate a role of these proteins in the degeneration of motor neurons in ALS. ..
- Tohonen V, Osterlund C, Nordqvist K. Testatin: a cystatin-related gene expressed during early testis development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:14208-13 pubmed..This gene therefore represents one of the putative downstream targets likely to have an essential role in tissue reorganization during early testis development. ..
- Lundell K, Hansson R, Wikvall K. Cloning and expression of a pig liver taurochenodeoxycholic acid 6alpha-hydroxylase (CYP4A21): a novel member of the CYP4A subfamily. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:9606-12 pubmed
- Smith A, Popov N, Imreh M, Axelson H, Henriksson M. Expression and DNA-binding activity of MYCN/Max and Mnt/Max during induced differentiation of human neuroblastoma cells. J Cell Biochem. 2004;92:1282-95 pubmed
- Silins I, Finnberg N, Stahl A, Hogberg J, Stenius U. Reduced ATM kinase activity and an attenuated p53 response to DNA damage in carcinogen-induced preneoplastic hepatic lesions in the rat. Carcinogenesis. 2001;22:2023-31 pubmed..Down-regulation of DNA damage-induced and ATM-mediated phosphorylation of p53 may confer a growth advantage on EAF hepatocytes. ..
- Marchini G, Lindow S, Brismar H, Ståbi B, Berggren V, Ulfgren A, et al. The newborn infant is protected by an innate antimicrobial barrier: peptide antibiotics are present in the skin and vernix caseosa. Br J Dermatol. 2002;147:1127-34 pubmed..Erythema toxicum neonatorum is an inflammatory skin reaction of unknown aetiology and significance, commonly present in the healthy newborn infant...
- Norman H, Kandala K, Kolluri R, Zackrisson H, Nordquist J, Walther S, et al. A porcine model of acute quadriplegic myopathy: a feasibility study. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2006;50:1058-67 pubmed..Accordingly, there is a need for relevant experimental animal models aimed at identifying underlying mechanisms...
- Watanabe A, Ichiki T, Kojima H, Takahara Y, Hurt Camejo E, MichaÃ«lsson E, et al. Suppression of abdominal aortic aneurysm formation by AR-R17779, an agonist for the Î±7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor. Atherosclerosis. 2016;244:113-20 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest therapeutic potential of Î±7nAchR activation for prevention of AAA development. ..
- Masson P, Andersson O, Petersen U, Young P. Identification and characterization of a Drosophila nuclear proteasome regulator. A homolog of human 11 S REGgamma (PA28gamma ). J Biol Chem. 2001;276:1383-90 pubmed..Our results support the idea that gamma class proteasome activators have an ancient conserved function within metazoans and were present prior to the emergence of the alpha and beta REG classes. ..
- Gustafsson A, Andersson M, Lagerstedt K, Lönnroth C, Nordgren S, Lundholm K. Receptor and enzyme expression for prostanoid metabolism in colorectal cancer related to tumor tissue PGE2. Int J Oncol. 2010;36:469-78 pubmed..Increased prostanoid activity in colon cancer tissue is related to cross-talk between tumor and stroma cells. ..
- Israelsson C, Bengtsson H, Lobell A, Nilsson L, Kylberg A, Isaksson M, et al. Appearance of Cxcl10-expressing cell clusters is common for traumatic brain injury and neurodegenerative disorders. Eur J Neurosci. 2010;31:852-63 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that the Cxcl10(+) cells appear in the inflamed central nervous system and may represent a novel population of cells that it may be possible to target pharmacologically in a broad range of neurodegenerative conditions. ..
- Nenonen N, Hannoun C, Larsson C, Bergstrom T. Marked genomic diversity of norovirus genogroup I strains in a waterborne outbreak. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2012;78:1846-52 pubmed publisher..Recognition of NoV diversity in a cluster of patients provided a useful warning marker of waterborne contamination in the Lilla Edet outbreak. ..
- Safavi S, JÃ¤rnum S, Vannas C, Udhane S, Jonasson E, Tomić T, et al. HSP90 inhibition blocks ERBB3 and RET phosphorylation in myxoid/round cell liposarcoma and causes massive cell death in vitro and in vivo. Oncotarget. 2016;7:433-45 pubmed publisher..We conclude that complex formation between RET and other RTKs may cause RTK inhibitor resistance. HSP90 inhibitors can overcome this resistance and are thus promising drugs for treatment of MLS/RCLS. ..
- Singh U, Sun T, Looman C, Heuchel R, Elliott R, Freichel M, et al. Expression and function of the gene encoding the voltage-dependent calcium channel beta3-subunit in the mouse placenta. Placenta. 2007;28:412-20 pubmed..Down-regulation of Cacnb3 expression did not rescue placental hyperplasia in a model of interspecies hybrid placentas, which indicates that up-regulation in the hyperplastic placentas is a downstream event. ..
- Edén A, Fuchs D, Hagberg L, Nilsson S, Spudich S, Svennerholm B, et al. HIV-1 viral escape in cerebrospinal fluid of subjects on suppressive antiretroviral treatment. J Infect Dis. 2010;202:1819-25 pubmed publisher..We investigated CSF viral escape in subjects treated with commonly used antiretroviral therapy regimens in relation to intrathecal immune activation and central nervous system penetration effectiveness (CPE) rank...
- Alinezhad S, VÃ¤Ã¤nÃ¤nen R, Ochoa N, Vertosick E, Bjartell A, BostrÃ¶m P, et al. Global expression of AMACR transcripts predicts risk for prostate cancer - a systematic comparison of AMACR protein and mRNA expression in cancerous and noncancerous prostate. BMC Urol. 2016;16:10 pubmed publisher..Therefore patients with false negative biopsies might benefit from an AMACR mRNA measurement when assessing their cancer risk. ..
- Blomström A, Hakhverdyan M, Reid S, Dukes J, King D, Belak S, et al. A one-step reverse transcriptase loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay for simple and rapid detection of swine vesicular disease virus. J Virol Methods. 2008;147:188-93 pubmed
- Ståhlberg A, Rusnakova V, Forootan A, Anderova M, Kubista M. RT-qPCR work-flow for single-cell data analysis. Methods. 2013;59:80-8 pubmed publisher..The aim of this workflow is provide guide to the rapidly growing community studying single-cells by means of reverse transcription quantitative real-time PCR profiling. ..
- Stygar D, Masironi B, Eriksson H, Sahlin L. Studies on estrogen receptor (ER) alpha and beta responses on gene regulation in peripheral blood leukocytes in vivo using selective ER agonists. J Endocrinol. 2007;194:101-19 pubmed..Our study demonstrates that peripheral blood leukocytes are responsive to estrogens. E2 and selective ERalpha and ERbeta agonists regulate a number of genes that may contribute to inflammation and remodeling of the extracellular matrix. ..
- Aberg A, Fernández Vázquez J, Cabrer Panes J, Sanchez A, Balsalobre C. Similar and divergent effects of ppGpp and DksA deficiencies on transcription in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:3226-36 pubmed publisher..coli. ..
- Jonsson E, Edman Ahlbom B, Sillén A, Gunnar A, Kulle B, Frigessi A, et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor gene (BDNF) variants and schizophrenia: an association study. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2006;30:924-33 pubmed..Thus, the BDNF gene may confer susceptibility to schizophrenia. Additional studies are warranted to shed further light on this possibility. ..
- Gummesson A, Jernas M, Svensson P, Larsson I, Glad C, Schéle E, et al. Relations of adipose tissue CIDEA gene expression to basal metabolic rate, energy restriction, and obesity: population-based and dietary intervention studies. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007;92:4759-65 pubmed..0026) and inversely associated with CIDEA expression (P = 0.0014). The findings are consistent with the concept that CIDEA plays a role in adipose tissue energy expenditure. ..
- Caren H, Djos A, Nethander M, Sjöberg R, Kogner P, Enström C, et al. Identification of epigenetically regulated genes that predict patient outcome in neuroblastoma. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:66 pubmed publisher..It is likely that analysis of specific DNA methylation will be one of several methods in future patient therapy stratification protocols for treatment of childhood neuroblastomas. ..
- Thangarajh M, Masterman T, Rot U, Duvefelt K, Brynedal B, Karrenbauer V, et al. Increased levels of APRIL (a proliferation-inducing ligand) mRNA in multiple sclerosis. J Neuroimmunol. 2005;167:210-4 pubmed..MS may thus be associated with increased transcription in peripheral blood of factors promoting B-cell survival, including APRIL. ..
- Tiedemann K, Olander B, Eklund E, Todorova L, Bengtsson M, Maccarana M, et al. Regulation of the chondroitin/dermatan fine structure by transforming growth factor-beta1 through effects on polymer-modifying enzymes. Glycobiology. 2005;15:1277-85 pubmed..Thus, cellular activity and transcript level correlated well with the changes in the structure of the dermatan/chondroitin sulfate chains. ..
- Shi T, Hua X, Lu X, Malkmus S, Kinney J, Holmberg K, et al. Sensory neuronal phenotype in galanin receptor 2 knockout mice: focus on dorsal root ganglion neurone development and pain behaviour. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;23:627-36 pubmed..These data are in line with earlier observations from the peripheral and central nervous system, suggesting that galanin actions mediated by GalR2 subtype are of importance in neurodevelopment and neuroprotection. ..
- Monsef N, Soller M, Panagopoulos I, Abrahamsson P. HIF1alpha isoforms in benign and malignant prostate tissue and their correlation to neuroendocrine differentiation. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:385 pubmed publisher..2. Co-localization of this isoform with HIF1beta indicates that the HIF1alpha1.2 isoform might sequester HIF1beta in the cytoplasm. ..