Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction in Japan
Topic: reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction
Publications277 found, 100 shown here
- Takano T, Kondo H, Hirono I, Saito Taki T, Endo M, Aoki T. Identification and characterization of a myeloid differentiation factor 88 (MyD88) cDNA and gene in Japanese flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus. Dev Comp Immunol. 2006;30:807-16 pubmed..These results imply that MyD88 has an important role in the innate immune system in Japanese flounder. ..
- Kanno T, Yamamoto H, Yaguchi T, Hi R, Mukasa T, Fujikawa H, et al. The linoleic acid derivative DCP-LA selectively activates PKC-epsilon, possibly binding to the phosphatidylserine binding site. J Lipid Res. 2006;47:1146-56 pubmed..Thus, DCP-LA serves as a selective activator of PKC-epsilon, possibly by binding to the phosphatidylserine binding site on PKC-epsilon. These results may provide fresh insight into lipid signaling in PKC activation. ..
- Das S, Isobe N, Nishibori M, Yoshimura Y. Expression of transforming growth factor-beta isoforms and their receptors in utero-vaginal junction of hen oviduct in presence or absence of resident sperm with reference to sperm storage. Reproduction. 2006;132:781-90 pubmed..The presence of TbetaR2 in UVJ was also confirmed by western blot. These results suggest that enhanced expressions of TGFbetas and TbetaRs in UVJ may protect sperm in SST, probably by suppressing anti-sperm immunoreactions...
- Tanno T, Tanaka Y, Sugiura T, Akiyoshi H, Takenaka S, Kuwamura M, et al. Expression patterns of the slit subfamily mRNA in canine malignant mammary tumors. J Vet Med Sci. 2006;68:1173-7 pubmed..These results suggest that the expression of slit2 plays an important role in tumor angiogenesis in canine mammary gland tumors and that slit2 can be a putative marker for malignancy diagnosis of these tumors. ..
- Otani H, Otsuka F, Inagaki K, Suzuki J, Miyoshi T, Kano Y, et al. Aldosterone breakthrough caused by chronic blockage of angiotensin II type 1 receptors in human adrenocortical cells: possible involvement of bone morphogenetic protein-6 actions. Endocrinology. 2008;149:2816-25 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that changes in BMP-6 availability and response may be involved in the occurrence of cellular escape from aldosterone suppression under chronic treatment with ARB. ..
- Ramdhan D, Ito Y, Yanagiba Y, Yamagishi N, Hayashi Y, Li C, et al. Nanoparticle-rich diesel exhaust may disrupt testosterone biosynthesis and metabolism via growth hormone. Toxicol Lett. 2009;191:103-8 pubmed publisher..Disruption of testosterone biosynthesis by NR-DE exposure may be a mode of action for reproductive toxicity, which may, in part, be regulated by increasing StAR and P450scc expressions via GH signalling. ..
- Ishikawa Y, Nagai J, Okada Y, Sato K, Yumoto R, Takano M. Function and expression of ATP-binding cassette transporters in cultured human Y79 retinoblastoma cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33:504-11 pubmed..These results suggest that MRP, but not P-glycoprotein, functions in Y79 cells, and that the efflux of doxorubicin from Y79 cells may be due to an ATP-dependent transporter, which has not been identified yet...
- Ozeki Y, Pickard B, Kano S, Malloy M, Zeledon M, Sun D, et al. A novel balanced chromosomal translocation found in subjects with schizophrenia and schizotypal personality disorder: altered l-serine level associated with disruption of PSAT1 gene expression. Neurosci Res. 2011;69:154-60 pubmed publisher..In summary, we propose an idea that PSAT1 may be implicated in altered serine metabolism and schizophrenia spectrum conditions. ..
- Miyagaki T, Sugaya M, Murakami T, Asano Y, Tada Y, Kadono T, et al. CCL11-CCR3 interactions promote survival of anaplastic large cell lymphoma cells via ERK1/2 activation. Cancer Res. 2011;71:2056-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings prompt a novel therapeutic approach to treat relapses of an aggressive form of lymphoma based on the discovery that a cell surface marker of disease functions as a critical autocrine growth receptor. ..
- Penuliar G, Furukawa A, Sato D, Nozaki T. Mechanism of trifluoromethionine resistance in Entamoeba histolytica. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2011;66:2045-52 pubmed publisher..To determine the mechanism of trifluoromethionine resistance in Entamoeba histolytica and evaluate the impact of acquired drug resistance on virulence...
- Hirayama S, Ishii G, Nagai K, Ono S, Kojima M, Yamauchi C, et al. Prognostic impact of CD204-positive macrophages in lung squamous cell carcinoma: possible contribution of Cd204-positive macrophages to the tumor-promoting microenvironment. J Thorac Oncol. 2012;7:1790-1797 pubmed publisher..CD204 (+) TAMs, along with other tumor-promoting stromal cells such as regulatory T cells and endothelial cells, may create tumor-promoting microenvironments. ..
- Matsubara D, Kanai Y, Ishikawa S, Ohara S, Yoshimoto T, Sakatani T, et al. Identification of CCDC6-RET fusion in the human lung adenocarcinoma cell line, LC-2/ad. J Thorac Oncol. 2012;7:1872-1876 pubmed publisher..LC-2/ad cells could provide useful resources to analyze molecular functions of RET-fusion protein and its response to RET inhibitors. ..
- Yamada T, Oshima T, Yoshihara K, Sato T, Nozaki A, Shiozawa M, et al. Impact of overexpression of Sushi repeat-containing protein X-linked 2 gene on outcomes of gastric cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2014;109:836-40 pubmed publisher..265-3.251). SRPX2 expression was significantly higher in gastric cancer tissue than in adjacent normal mucosa, and overexpression of the SRPX2 gene is considered a useful independent predictor of outcomes in patients with gastric cancer. ..
- Omata T, Nagai J, Shimbo H, Koizume S, Miyagi Y, Kurosawa K, et al. A splicing mutation of proteolipid protein 1 in Pelizaeus-Merzbacher disease. Brain Dev. 2016;38:581-4 pubmed publisher..Putative cryptic transcript results in premature termination, which may explain the mild clinical phenotype observed in this patient. ..
- Takara K, Sakaeda T, Yagami T, Kobayashi H, Ohmoto N, Horinouchi M, et al. Cytotoxic effects of 27 anticancer drugs in HeLa and MDR1-overexpressing derivative cell lines. Biol Pharm Bull. 2002;25:771-8 pubmed..The 27 anticancer drugs analyzed here could be classified into substrates and nonsubstrates for MDR1. This will be useful for designing effective regimens for chemotherapy...
- Tsuboi T, Mizutani S, Nakano M, Hirukawa K, Togari A. Fgf-2 regulates enamel and dentine formation in mouse tooth germ. Calcif Tissue Int. 2003;73:496-501 pubmed..This histological change was recovered by adding exogeneous FGF-2. These findings suggest that FGF-2 at the bell stage regulates cell differentiation and matrix secretion...
- Takahashi M, Une R, Fukushima K, Fujiki M, Misumi K, Miyoshi N, et al. Molecular cloning of canine nm23 cDNAs and their expression in normal and tumor tissues. J Vet Med Sci. 2005;67:837-41 pubmed..These results suggest that nm23-C1 and -C2 are not related to the establishment of malignancy and metastatic lesions in canine MGT cases. ..
- Nitanda Y, Matsui T, Matta T, Higami A, Kohno K, Nakahata Y, et al. 3'-UTR-dependent regulation of mRNA turnover is critical for differential distribution patterns of cyclic gene mRNAs. FEBS J. 2014;281:146-56 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that 3'-UTR-dependent regulation of mRNA turnover plays a crucial role in the diverse patterns of mRNA distribution during development. ..
- Nakano N, Maeyama K, Sakata N, Itoh F, Akatsu R, Nakata M, et al. C18 ORF1, a novel negative regulator of transforming growth factor-? signaling. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:12680-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, we defined C18ORF1 as a surveillant of steady state TGF-? signaling, whereas TMEPAI might help C18ORF1 to inhibit TGF-? signaling in a coordinated manner when cells are stimulated with high levels of TGF-?. ..
- Andoh K, Piao J, Terashima K, Nakamura H, Sano K. Genomic structure and promoter analysis of the ecto-phosphodiesterase I gene (PDNP3) expressed in glial cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1446:213-24 pubmed..A gel shift assay demonstrated that 9L nuclear extract contains proteins that bind to this region. ..
- Tanaka S, Kobayashi I, Utsuki S, Oka H, Fujii K, Watanabe T, et al. O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltranspherase gene expression in gliomas by means of real-time quantitative RT-PCR and clinical response to nitrosoureas. Int J Cancer. 2003;103:67-72 pubmed..0001). These results suggest that our individual adjuvant therapy based on MGMTmRNA expression may be improved by the application of real-time quantitative RT-PCR. ..
- Fukumoto E, Sakai H, Fukumoto S, Yagi T, Takagi O, Kato Y. Cadherin-related neuronal receptors in incisor development. J Dent Res. 2003;82:17-22 pubmed..These results suggest that CNR1 and CNR5 may play an important role in enamel and dentin formation, probably through cell-cell and/or cell-matrix interactions. ..
- Wu D, Murakami K, Morooka A, Jin H, Inoshima Y, Sentsui H. In vivo transcription of bovine leukemia virus and bovine immunodeficiency-like virus. Virus Res. 2003;97:81-7 pubmed..These results indicated that BLV can infect T cells and monocytes as well as B cells, but can be expressed by transcription only in B cells. In contrast, BIV can express its transcripts in all infected cells...
- Okamoto Y, Morishita J, Tsuboi K, Tonai T, Ueda N. Molecular characterization of a phospholipase D generating anandamide and its congeners. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5298-305 pubmed..These results confirm that a specific phospholipase D is responsible for the generation of N-acylethanolamines including anandamide, strongly suggesting the physiological importance of lipid molecules of this class. ..
- Yoshii M, Kaku Y, Murakami Y, Shimizu M, Kato K, Ikeda H. Polymerase chain reaction-based genetic typing of Japanese porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome viruses. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2004;16:342-7 pubmed..These mismatches appeared to be responsible for the nonreactivity of the former primers to these viruses. ..
- Takaishi M, Makino T, Morohashi M, Huh N. Identification of human hornerin and its expression in regenerating and psoriatic skin. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4696-703 pubmed..Hornerin protein was detected in the proximal epidermis (but not in the distal epidermis) at 15 days after wounding. These results indicate that hornerin has a function similar to but distinct from that of filaggrin in cornification. ..
- Ishido M, Masuo Y. Transcriptome of pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide-differentiated PC12 cells. Regul Pept. 2004;123:15-21 pubmed..Thus, in this study the transcriptome of PACAP-differentiated PC12 was established, leading to the elucidation of the molecular mechanism of neuritogenesis by the neuropeptide. ..
- Nakagawa Y, Aoki N, Aoyama K, Shimizu H, Shimano H, Yamada N, et al. Receptor-type protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon (PTPepsilonM) is a negative regulator of insulin signaling in primary hepatocytes and liver. Zoolog Sci. 2005;22:169-75 pubmed..These results suggest that PTPepsilonM is a negative regulator of IR signaling and involved in insulin-induced glucose metabolism mainly through direct dephosphorylation and inactivation of IR in hepatocytes and liver. ..
- Hosokawa Y, Hosokawa I, Ozaki K, Nakae H, Matsuo T. Increase of CCL20 expression by human gingival fibroblasts upon stimulation with cytokines and bacterial endotoxin. Clin Exp Immunol. 2005;142:285-91 pubmed..Thus, CCL20 by HGF might be involved in inflammatory cells infiltration, and promote the progression of periodontal disease. ..
- Akahoshi E, Yoshimura S, Ishihara Sugano M. Over-expression of AhR (aryl hydrocarbon receptor) induces neural differentiation of Neuro2a cells: neurotoxicology study. Environ Health. 2006;5:24 pubmed..This result revealed that dioxins may affect the nervous system through the AhR-signaling pathway. Activated AhR may disrupt the strictly regulated brain formation with irregular differentiation occurring rather than cell death. ..
- Tsuboi K, Zhao L, Okamoto Y, Araki N, Ueno M, Sakamoto H, et al. Predominant expression of lysosomal N-acylethanolamine-hydrolyzing acid amidase in macrophages revealed by immunochemical studies. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1771:623-32 pubmed..These results strongly suggested the importance of macrophages as an expression site of NAAA in rat tissues. ..
- Saitoh D, Asakura Y, Nkembo M, Shite M, Sugiyama R, Lee J, et al. Cloning and expression of calmodulin gene in Scoparia dulcis. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:1161-3 pubmed..dulcis were treated with methyl jasmonate and calcium ionophore A23187. These results suggest that transcriptional activation of Sd-cam is one of the early cellular events of the methyl jasmonate-induced responses of S. dulcis...
- Akaogi K, Nakajima Y, Ito I, Kawasaki S, Oie S, Murayama A, et al. KLF4 suppresses estrogen-dependent breast cancer growth by inhibiting the transcriptional activity of ERalpha. Oncogene. 2009;28:2894-902 pubmed publisher..As both p53 and ERalpha are involved in cell growth and apoptosis, these results may explain why KLF4 possesses both tumor suppressive and oncogenic functions in breast cancers. ..
- Moriya R, Shirakura T, Ito J, Mashiko S, Seo T. Activation of sodium-glucose cotransporter 1 ameliorates hyperglycemia by mediating incretin secretion in mice. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2009;297:E1358-65 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that SGLT1 serves as the intestinal glucose sensor for glucose-induced incretin secretion and that a noncalorigenic SGLT1 substrate ameliorates hyperglycemia by stimulating incretin secretion. ..
- Nagata R, Kawaji S, Minakawa Y, Wang X, Yanaka T, Mori Y. A specific induction of interleukin-10 by the Map41 recombinant PPE antigen of Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2010;135:71-8 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that IL-10 assay is a useful diagnostic method in the early stage of Johne's disease. ..
- Otsubo K, Kanegane H, Eguchi M, Eguchi Ishimae M, Tamura K, Nomura K, et al. ETV6-ARNT fusion in a patient with childhood T lymphoblastic leukemia. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2010;202:22-6 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, the current report is novel in its report of the ETV6-ARNT fusion in childhood T-ALL. The ETV6-ARNT fusion is associated not only with AML but also with T-ALL. ..
- Uchida N, Shimada M, Tasaka M. ERECTA-family receptor kinases regulate stem cell homeostasis via buffering its cytokinin responsiveness in the shoot apical meristem. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:343-51 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the ER family regulates stem cell homeostasis via buffering its cytokinin responsiveness in the SAM...
- Suemoto T, Taniguchi M, Shiosaka S, Yoshida S. cDNA cloning and expression of a novel serine protease in the mouse brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1999;70:273-81 pubmed..Developmental analysis showed that in the prenatal stage, the mRNA was expressed also in pituitary and pineal body in addition to the brain. ..
- Yoshida M, Takahashi Y, Inoue S. Histamine induces melanogenesis and morphologic changes by protein kinase A activation via H2 receptors in human normal melanocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2000;114:334-42 pubmed..Taken together, we show here that histamine induces melanogenesis of human cultured melanocytes by protein kinase A activation via H2 receptors. ..
- Seiwa C, Kojima Aikawa K, Matsumoto I, Asou H. CNS myelinogenesis in vitro: myelin basic protein deficient shiverer oligodendrocytes. J Neurosci Res. 2002;69:305-17 pubmed
- Uemura K, Saka M, Nakagawa T, Kawasaki N, Thiel S, Jensenius J, et al. L-MBP is expressed in epithelial cells of mouse small intestine. J Immunol. 2002;169:6945-50 pubmed..These findings suggest that L-MBP plays a role in mucosal innate immunity. ..
- Sato T, Saito R, Jinushi T, Tsuji T, Matsuzaki J, Koda T, et al. IFN-gamma-induced SOCS-1 regulates STAT6-dependent eotaxin production triggered by IL-4 and TNF-alpha. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;314:468-75 pubmed..Thus, we demonstrated that IFN-gamma-induced inhibition of STAT6 phosphorylation and eotaxin production were mediated by SOCS-1 induced in STAT1-dependent manner. ..
- Tsunobuchi H, Ishisaki A, Imamura T. Expressions of inhibitory Smads, Smad6 and Smad7, are differentially regulated by TPA in human lung fibroblast cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;316:712-9 pubmed..These findings indicate that TPA down-regulates Smad6 expression presumably via PKCmu-ERK-dependent pathway and up-regulates Smad7 expression via PKCmu-dependent mechanism(s) which need no MAPK and NF-kappaB activation. ..
- Ishida K, Hata T, Urushihara H. Gamete fusion and cytokinesis preceding zygote establishment in the sexual process of Dictyostelium discoideum. Dev Growth Differ. 2005;47:25-35 pubmed..These results suggest that the sequential molecular events are necessary in D. discoideum after gamete fusion to establish a new individuality of zygotes. ..
- Kurobe T, Yasuike M, Kimura T, Hirono I, Aoki T. Expression profiling of immune-related genes from Japanese flounder Paralichthys olivaceus kidney cells using cDNA microarrays. Dev Comp Immunol. 2005;29:515-23 pubmed..From all of the gene expression profiling in this study, we could get lots of information about the dynamic changes in the gene expression of the kidney cells under different stress or stimulations. ..
- Kuroda T, Kitadai Y, Tanaka S, Yang X, Mukaida N, Yoshihara M, et al. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 transfection induces angiogenesis and tumorigenesis of gastric carcinoma in nude mice via macrophage recruitment. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:7629-36 pubmed..MCP-1 produced by gastric carcinoma cells may regulate angiogenesis via macrophage recruitment. MCP-1 may be a potential target for antiangiogenic therapy for gastric carcinoma. ..
- Yamamuro M, Yoshimura M, Nakayama M, Abe K, Shono M, Suzuki S, et al. Direct effects of aldosterone on cardiomyocytes in the presence of normal and elevated extracellular sodium. Endocrinology. 2006;147:1314-21 pubmed
- Yamakage N, Ikejiri M, Okumura K, Takagi A, Murate T, Matushita T, et al. A case of coagulation factor V deficiency caused by compound heterozygous mutations in the factor V gene. Haemophilia. 2006;12:172-8 pubmed..Taken together, it seems to suggest that each gene mutation could be separately responsible for severe FV deficiency, while this phenotype is due to the in-trans combination of the two defects. ..
- Tobimatsu T, Kaji H, Sowa H, Naito J, Canaff L, Hendy G, et al. Parathyroid hormone increases beta-catenin levels through Smad3 in mouse osteoblastic cells. Endocrinology. 2006;147:2583-90 pubmed..The canonical Wnt-beta-catenin pathway is likely to be involved in the antiapoptotic actions of PTH by acting through Smad3 in osteoblasts. ..
- Hakozaki M, Hojo H, Sato M, Kaneko Y, Watanabe N, Kikuchi S, et al. Establishment and characterization of a new cell line, FRTK-1, derived from human malignant rhabdoid tumor of the kidney, with overexpression of epidermal growth factor receptor and cyclooxygenase-2. Oncol Rep. 2006;16:265-71 pubmed..Therefore, FRTK-1 cell line might be useful for investigating biological behavior and developing new molecular targeting antitumor drugs for MRT with expression of EGFR or COX-2. ..
- Sawai K, Kageyama S, Moriyasu S, Hirayama H, Minamihashi A, Onoe S. Changes in the mRNA transcripts of insulin-like growth factor ligand, receptors and binding proteins in bovine blastocysts and elongated embryos derived from somatic cell nuclear transfer. J Reprod Dev. 2007;53:77-86 pubmed..05) than in the Vivo embryos at the EL stage. These results suggest that there are differences in the levels and changes in the transcription of IGF-related genes in bovine embryos produced by NT-SC compared with those produced by Vivo. ..
- Suzuki C, Nagasaki H, Okajima Y, Suga H, Arima H, Iwasaki Y, et al. The LIM domain homeobox gene isl-1 is a positive regulator of glycoprotein alpha 2 (GPA2), a subunit of thyrostimulin. Regul Pept. 2007;142:60-7 pubmed..This study illustrated that human GPA2 is positively regulated by isl-1, suggesting that this protein associates with endocrine systems including the pituitary and pancreas. ..
- Kobayashi M, Ikezoe T, Uemura Y, Takeuchi T, Ueno H, Ohtsuki Y, et al. Establishment of a novel small cell lung carcinoma cell line with specific recoverin expression from a patient with cancer-associated retinopathy. Lung Cancer. 2007;56:319-26 pubmed..The present study demonstrates that human recoverin is expressed in SCLC cells cultured from an anti-recoverin antibody-negative patient with CAR. KK0206 might be important for further research on SCLC related retinopathy. ..
- Gotanda Y, Iwata A, Ohnuma H, Yoshikawa A, Mizoguchi H, Endo K, et al. Ongoing subclinical infection of hepatitis E virus among blood donors with an elevated alanine aminotransferase level in Japan. J Med Virol. 2007;79:734-42 pubmed..This study suggests that approximately 3% of Japanese individuals with ALT > or = 201 IU/l have ongoing subclinical infection with various HEV strains. ..
- Tsushima K, Yasuo M, Tanabe T, Yoshikawa S, Yamazaki Y, Kubo K. Airway inflammation in employees involved in cultivating Japanese mushrooms (bunashimeji). Respirology. 2008;13:546-52 pubmed publisher..The inhalation of spores directly produces toxic inflammatory effects in the airways, independent of the degree of sensitization. ..
- Saji F, Shiizaki K, Shimada S, Okada T, Kunimoto K, Sakaguchi T, et al. Regulation of fibroblast growth factor 23 production in bone in uremic rats. Nephron Physiol. 2009;111:p59-66 pubmed publisher..The pathway may be decided by the degree of renal dysfunction. ..
- Takeuchi K, Choi Y, Togashi Y, Soda M, Hatano S, Inamura K, et al. KIF5B-ALK, a novel fusion oncokinase identified by an immunohistochemistry-based diagnostic system for ALK-positive lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:3143-9 pubmed publisher..Coupling of PCR-based detection to the iAEP method should further facilitate the rapid identification of novel ALK fusion genes such as KIF5B-ALK. ..
- Kondo D, Saegusa H, Yabe R, Takasaki I, Kurihara T, Zong S, et al. Peripheral-type benzodiazepine receptor antagonist is effective in relieving neuropathic pain in mice. J Pharmacol Sci. 2009;110:55-63 pubmed..We found that allopregnanolone and 3alpha,5alpha-THDOC are effective in reducing the anti-hyperalgesic effect of PK11195, suggesting a partial contribution of reduced GABA(A)-receptor activation to PK11195-induced antinociception. ..
- Tanaka C, Fujimoto M, Hamaguchi Y, Sato S, Takehara K, Hasegawa M. Inducible costimulator ligand regulates bleomycin-induced lung and skin fibrosis in a mouse model independently of the inducible costimulator/inducible costimulator ligand pathway. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:1723-32 pubmed publisher..Further studies will be needed to clarify the roles of ICOS and ICOSL in the development of systemic sclerosis. ..
- Nagao K, Bannai M, Seki S, Kawai N, Mori M, Takahashi M. Voluntary wheel running is beneficial to the amino acid profile of lysine-deficient rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2010;298:E1170-8 pubmed publisher..The intense nocturnal voluntary running that characterizes rodents might be an adaptation of lysine-deficient grain eaters that allows them to maximize opportunities for food acquisition. ..
- Ishibashi Y, Matsui T, Takeuchi M, Yamagishi S. Vardenafil, an inhibitor of phosphodiesterase-5, blocks advanced glycation end product (AGE)-induced up-regulation of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 mRNA levels in endothelial cells by suppressing AGE receptor (RAGE) expression via elevation of c. Clin Exp Med. 2011;11:131-5 pubmed publisher..Our present results suggest that vardenafil directly acts on endothelial cells and it could work as an anti-inflammatory agent against AGE. ..
- Taguchi S, Iwami M, Kiya T. Identification and characterization of a novel nuclear noncoding RNA, Fben-1, which is preferentially expressed in the higher brain center of the female silkworm moth, Bombyx mori. Neurosci Lett. 2011;496:176-80 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest the possible involvement of nuclear noncoding RNA in sexually dimorphic brain functions. ..
- Xu X, Yamamoto H, Sakon M, Yasui M, Ngan C, Fukunaga H, et al. Overexpression of CDC25A phosphatase is associated with hypergrowth activity and poor prognosis of human hepatocellular carcinomas. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:1764-72 pubmed..Our findings suggest that CDC25A, but not CDC25B, could be used as an independent prognostic marker for HCC. Our data would also contribute to forward understanding of tumor biology of HCC that is associated with cell cycle regulation. ..
- Takano S, Kamiyama H, Mashiko R, Osuka S, Ishikawa E, Matsumura A. Metronomic treatment of malignant glioma xenografts with irinotecan (CPT-11) inhibits angiogenesis and tumor growth. J Neurooncol. 2010;99:177-85 pubmed publisher..These angiosuppressive effects of CPT-11 show promise for another use of CPT-11 in metronomic and scheduled angiosuppressive chemotherapy with low dose and long-term administration for malignant gliomas without systemic side effects. ..
- Ogawa H, Tamaki H, Ikegame K, Soma T, Kawakami M, Tsuboi A, et al. The usefulness of monitoring WT1 gene transcripts for the prediction and management of relapse following allogeneic stem cell transplantation in acute type leukemia. Blood. 2003;101:1698-704 pubmed..These findings strongly suggest that the WT1 assay is very useful for the prediction and management of relapse following allogeneic stem cell transplantation regardless of the presence of chimeric gene markers. ..
- Uchida S, Sohara E, Rai T, Ikawa M, Okabe M, Sasaki S. Impaired urea accumulation in the inner medulla of mice lacking the urea transporter UT-A2. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:7357-63 pubmed..Thus, UT-A2 is important for maintaining a high concentration of urea in the inner medulla when urea supply to the kidney is limited. ..
- Maeda M, Sawa H, Tobiume M, Tokunaga K, Hasegawa H, Ichinohe T, et al. Tristetraprolin inhibits HIV-1 production by binding to genomic RNA. Microbes Infect. 2006;8:2647-56 pubmed..These results suggest that tristetraprolin is a regulator of HIV-1 replication and enhances splicing by direct binding to AU-rich sequence of HIV-1 RNAs. ..
- Shimizu M, Suzuki S, Horikoshi M, Hara A, Dickhoff W. Circulating salmon 41-kDa insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP) is not IGFBP-3 but an IGFBP-2 subtype. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2011;171:326-31 pubmed publisher..Additional research on non-mammalian IGFBPs is needed to fully understand the molecular/functional evolution of the IGFBP family and the significance of the ternary complex in vertebrates...
- Xing Y, Igarashi H, Wang X, Sakaguchi N. Protein phosphatase subunit G5PR is needed for inhibition of B cell receptor-induced apoptosis. J Exp Med. 2005;202:707-19 pubmed..These results suggest that G5PR is required for the BCR-mediated proliferation associated with the prevention of AICD in mature B cells. ..
- Tominaga M, Lee Y, Hayashi R, Suzuki Y, Yamada O, Sakamoto K, et al. Molecular analysis of an inactive aflatoxin biosynthesis gene cluster in Aspergillus oryzae RIB strains. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:484-90 pubmed..aflR was not detected in group 2 strains by Southern analysis. ..
- Ukena K, Tachibana T, Iwakoshi Ukena E, Saito Y, Minakata H, Kawaguchi R, et al. Identification, localization, and function of a novel avian hypothalamic neuropeptide, 26RFa, and its cognate receptor, G protein-coupled receptor-103. Endocrinology. 2010;151:2255-64 pubmed publisher..These data provide the first evidence for the occurrence of the peptide 26RFa in the avian hypothalamus and indicate that this peptide exerts orexigenic activity. ..
- Kushida A, Hattori K, Yamaguchi N, Kobayashi T, Date A, Tamura H. Sulfation of estradiol in human epidermal keratinocyte. Biol Pharm Bull. 2011;34:1147-51 pubmed..These results suggest that E(2) inactivation is primarily mediated by SULT1E1 in keratinocyte and E(2) action is likely suppressed in epidermal differentiation. ..
- Oguri T, Isobe T, Suzuki T, Nishio K, Fujiwara Y, Katoh O, et al. Increased expression of the MRP5 gene is associated with exposure to platinum drugs in lung cancer. Int J Cancer. 2000;86:95-100 pubmed..Our results suggest that increased expression levels of the MRP5 gene are associated with exposure to platinum drugs in lung cancer in vivo and/or the chronic stress response to xenobiotics...
- Koizumi N, Watanabe H. Leptospiral immunoglobulin-like proteins elicit protective immunity. Vaccine. 2004;22:1545-52 pubmed..Furthermore, patients' sera infected with heterologous serovars' strains contained antibodies against LigA-m and LigB-m. Our results suggest that LigA-m and LigB-m proteins are new vaccine candidates for the prevention of leptospirosis...
- Maw M, Fujimoto J, Tamaya T. Overexpression of inhibitor of DNA-binding (ID)-1 protein related to angiogenesis in tumor advancement of ovarian cancers. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:430 pubmed publisher..Moreover, ID-1 expression levels correlated with microvessel counts. Therefore, ID-1 might work on tumor advancement via angiogenesis and is considered to be a candidate for a prognostic indicator in ovarian cancers. ..
- Yamakuchi H, Agaba M, Hirano T, Hara K, Todoroki J, Mizoshita K, et al. Chediak-Higashi syndrome mutation and genetic testing in Japanese black cattle (Wagyu). Anim Genet. 2000;31:13-9 pubmed..This mutation is the most likely cause of CHS in Wagyu cattle. In addition, we describe quick, inexpensive, PCR based tests that will permit elimination of the CHS mutation from Wagyu breeding herds. ..
- Yamada M, Nagamitsu H, Izu H, Nakamura K, Talukder A. Characterization of the ves gene, which is expressed at a low temperature in Escherichia coli. J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol. 2002;4:163-9 pubmed..Similarity of the C-terminal portion of Ves to the CspA family suggests that Ves belongs to this family. The results of gene-disruption experiments suggest that ves is not essential for E. coli. ..
- Nomiya M, Yamaguchi O. A quantitative analysis of mRNA expression of alpha 1 and beta-adrenoceptor subtypes and their functional roles in human normal and obstructed bladders. J Urol. 2003;170:649-53 pubmed..Therefore, it is not likely that bladder alpha1-ARs are responsible for detrusor overactivity and storage symptoms in patients with benign prostatic obstruction. ..
- Kawakami M, Inagawa R, Hosokawa T, Saito T, Kurasaki M. Mechanism of apoptosis induced by copper in PC12 cells. Food Chem Toxicol. 2008;46:2157-64 pubmed publisher..In the other pathway an increase of Bax and reactive oxygen species activates the release of AIF from the mitochondria. The AIF induces apoptosis via a caspase-independent pathway. ..
- Shoji K, Tsubaki M, Yamazoe Y, Satou T, Itoh T, Kidera Y, et al. Mangiferin induces apoptosis by suppressing Bcl-xL and XIAP expressions and nuclear entry of NF-?B in HL-60 cells. Arch Pharm Res. 2011;34:469-75 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that mangiferin may be useful as an anticancer agent and can be used in combination therapy with other anticancer drugs for the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia. ..
- Begum M, Tashiro H, Katabuchi H, Suzuki A, Kurman R, Okamura H. Neonatal estrogenic exposure suppresses PTEN-related endometrial carcinogenesis in recombinant mice. Lab Invest. 2006;86:286-96 pubmed..These findings provide new insight into the interaction between endometrial epithelium and stroma in endometrial carcinogenesis in vivo. ..
- Rütti S, Arous C, Nica A, Kanzaki M, Halban P, Bouzakri K. Expression, phosphorylation and function of the Rab-GTPase activating protein TBC1D1 in pancreatic beta-cells. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:15-20 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of TBC1D1 in beta-cells resulted in increased basal and glucose-stimulated insulin release, decreased proliferation but no change in apoptosis. ..
- Fujikawa Adachi K, Nishimori I, Sakamoto S, Morita M, Onishi S, Yonezawa S, et al. Identification of carbonic anhydrase IV and VI mRNA expression in human pancreas and salivary glands. Pancreas. 1999;18:329-35 pubmed
- Imamura F, Mukai M, Ayaki M, Takemura K, Horai T, Shinkai K, et al. Involvement of small GTPases Rho and Rac in the invasion of rat ascites hepatoma cells. Clin Exp Metastasis. 1999;17:141-8 pubmed..We propose that Rho activation is not mediated by Rac but the cooperation of both GTPases is essential to trigger the invasive behavior of MM1 cells. ..
- Shirahane K, Yamaguchi K, Koga K, Watanabe M, Kuroki S, Tanaka M. Hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury is prevented by a novel matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor, ONO-4817. Surgery. 2006;139:653-64 pubmed..Hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury was improved by a novel MMP inhibitor, ONO-4817, not only by inhibition of gelatinolytic activity but also by a decrease in release of inflammatory cytokines. ..
- Ahmed S, Tsukahara S, Tin Tin Win Shwe -, Yamamoto S, Kunugita N, Arashidani K, et al. Effects of low-level formaldehyde exposure on synaptic plasticity-related gene expression in the hippocampus of immunized mice. J Neuroimmunol. 2007;186:104-11 pubmed..These results indicate that FA exposure selectively up-regulates hippocampal gene expression in immunologically sensitized mice. The FA effects are presumably mediated by glutamatergic neurotransmission through NMDA receptors. ..
- Fujiwara T, Kubo T, Koyama Y, Tomita K, Yano K, Tohyama M, et al. mRNA expression changes of slit proteins following peripheral nerve injury in the rat model. J Chem Neuroanat. 2008;36:170-6 pubmed publisher..The difference in expression pattern of Slit family mRNA in the neurons during peripheral nerve regeneration suggests that it plays a different role in axonal regeneration after axotomy of peripheral nerves. ..
- Urano E, Miyauchi K, Ichikawa R, Futahashi Y, Komano J. Regulation of cyclin T1 expression and function by an alternative splice variant that skips exon 7 and contains a premature termination codon. Gene. 2012;505:1-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that dE7 is a novel splice variant that regulates the expression and function of CCNT1. ..