Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on retrospective studies in Brazil
Topic: retrospective studies
Publications231 found, 100 shown here
- Tannure P, Fidalgo T, Barcelos R, Primo L, Maia L. Analysis of root canal treated primary incisor after trauma: two year outcomes. J Clin Pediatr Dent. 2012;36:257-62 pubmed..Failure of RCT in traumatized primary incisors was associated with pre-operatory periapical lesions and pathological root resorption. The filling paste, the filling extent and the patient's age were unrelated with therapy success. ..
- Silva L, Damrose E, Bairão F, Nina M, Junior J, Costa H. Infectious granulomatous laryngitis: a retrospective study of 24 cases. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2008;265:675-80 pubmed..Despite appropriate therapy, a significant number of patients may have permanent sequelae of infection. ..
- Arisawa E, Almeida J, Carvalho Y, Cabral L. Clinicopathological analysis of oral mucous autoimmune disease: A 27-year study. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. 2008;13:E94-7 pubmed
- Tannuri A, Tannuri U, Romão R. Transanal endorectal pull-through in children with Hirschsprung's disease--technical refinements and comparison of results with the Duhamel procedure. J Pediatr Surg. 2009;44:767-72 pubmed publisher..The results show that the long-term outcomes of the modified TEPT procedure are generally better than those obtained with classical approaches. ..
- Contar C, de Oliveira P, Kanegusuku K, Berticelli R, Azevedo Alanis L, Machado M. Complications in third molar removal: a retrospective study of 588 patients. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. 2010;15:e74-8 pubmed..The purpose of the study was to analyze the incidence of complications and their relationship with the surgical difficulty in a group of 588 patients treated by the same oral and maxillofacial surgeon...
- Lopes L, Braga N, Oliveira G, Coelho Neto J, Camargo M, Andreollo N. Results of the surgical treatment of non-advanced megaesophagus using Heller-Pinotti's surgery: Laparotomy vs. Laparoscopy. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2011;66:41-6 pubmed
- de Oliveira N, de Sousa R. Traffic accidents with motorcycles and their relationship to mortality. Rev Lat Am Enfermagem. 2011;19:403-10 pubmed..The conclusion is that local conditions and types of collision and impact stand out among the multiple variables defining the severity of accidents involving motorcycles. ..
- Pinho R, Andreoni S, Silva N, Cappellano A, Masruha M, Cavalheiro S, et al. Pediatric central nervous system tumors: a single-center experience from 1989 to 2009. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2011;33:605-9 pubmed publisher..Although it was not a population study and selection bias may have occurred, this study supplies important epidemiologic data from an emerging country in which population studies are rare. ..
- Monzillo P, Nemoto P. Patients with sudden onset headache not meeting the criteria of the International Headache Society for new daily persistent headache. How to classify them?. Arq Neuropsiquiatr. 2011;69:928-31 pubmed..And one way we can classify them, would be the subdivision: NDPH with migraine features and without migraine features that would allow the inclusion of all individuals present who has a daily and persistent headache from the beginning. ..
- Cruz A, Valera F, Carenzi L, Chahud F, Barros G, Elias J. Orbital and central nervous system extension of nasal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014;30:20-3 pubmed publisher..NKTL is a polymorphous disease. Extraocular muscle involvement and perineural spread are overlooked features that explain dissemination of the tumor to both the orbit and the central nervous system. ..
- Lopes M, de Oliveira D, Sarmento D, Queiroz L, Miguel M, da Silveira Ã. Correlation between cell cycle proteins and hMSH2 in actinic cheilitis and lip cancer. Arch Dermatol Res. 2016;308:165-71 pubmed publisher..30, pÂ =Â 0.006). Alterations in p53 and p21 expression suggest that these proteins are involved in lower lip carcinogenesis. Moreover, p53 and hMSH2 seem to be interrelated in early events of this process. ..
- Lucon A, Pereira M, Mendonca B, Zerbini M, Saldanha L, Arap S. Adrenocortical tumors: results of treatment and study of Weiss's score as a prognostic factor. Rev Hosp Clin Fac Med Sao Paulo. 2002;57:251-6 pubmed..Additionally, there was a statistically significant difference between the average weight and size of tumors with benign behavior (Weiss's score <3) and those with malignant behavior (Weiss's score >3). ..
- Guida J, Bignotto Rosane D, Urbini Santos C, Alves Filho G, Ribeiro Resende M, Mazzali M. Tuberculosis in renal transplant recipients: a Brazilian center registry. Transplant Proc. 2009;41:883-4 pubmed publisher..TB incidence was significantly greater among renal transplant recipients compared with the local population, with a higher incidence of extrapulmonary disease. TB prophylaxis in selected cases was effective, avoiding new infections. ..
- Silveira M, Erbelding E, Ghanem K, Johnson H, Burke A, Zenilman J. Risk of Chlamydia trachomatis infection during pregnancy: effectiveness of guidelines-based screening in identifying cases. Int J STD AIDS. 2010;21:367-70 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that factors other than age may impact upon the diagnosis of CT in pregnant women and that a more comprehensive testing strategy should be considered...
- Pires Neto R, Lima N, Cardim G, Park M, Denehy L. Early mobilization practice in a single Brazilian intensive care unit. J Crit Care. 2015;30:896-900 pubmed publisher..During mechanical ventilation, only a small percentage of activities involved standing or mobilizing away from the bed. ..
- Longo Santos L, Teodoro W, de Mello E, Velosa A, Parra E, Capelozzi V, et al. Early type I collagen deposition is associated with prognosis in biliary atresia. J Pediatr Surg. 2016;51:379-85 pubmed publisher..04). Morphometric assessment of perisinusoidal deposition of type I collagen by IF in the initial biopsy can correlate with progression time to LTx in post-surgical BA. ..
- Gimenes M, Salci T, Tognim M, Siqueira V, Caparroz Assef S. Treating Staphylococcus aureus infections in an intensive care unit at a University Hospital in Brazil. Int J Clin Pharm. 2016;38:228-32 pubmed publisher..Mortality in patients who were infected with MSSA was higher (52.17 %) than in patients who were infected with MRSA (33.80 %), and de-escalation was not identified in 73.90 % of MSSA patients. ..
- Azevedo R, Almeida O, Netto J, Miranda A, Santos T, Della Coletta R, et al. Comparative clinicopathological study of intraoral sebaceous hyperplasia and sebaceous adenoma. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2009;107:100-4 pubmed publisher..Sebaceous hyperplasias and adenomas showed different clinical, microscopic, and proliferative characteristics, suggesting the usefulness of the studied criteria on diagnosis of these uncommon oral lesions. ..
- Bisaccioni C, Aun M, Cajuela E, Kalil J, Agondi R, Giavina Bianchi P. Comorbidities in severe asthma: frequency of rhinitis, nasal polyposis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, vocal cord dysfunction and bronchiectasis. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2009;64:769-73 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in patients with severe asthma, associated diseases should be investigated as the cause of respiratory symptoms and uncontrolled asthma. ..
- Fraga J, Rothenberg S, Kiely E, Pierro A. Video-assisted thoracic surgery resection for pediatric mediastinal neurogenic tumors. J Pediatr Surg. 2012;47:1349-53 pubmed publisher..The major advantages of this approach are the avoidance of thoracotomy complications and the enhanced surgical accuracy provided by improved visualization. ..
- Zétola V, Silva M, Lange M, Muzzio J, Nóvak E, Moraes A, et al. Is the patent foramen ovale closure the best option?. Arq Neuropsiquiatr. 2012;70:934-8 pubmed..Despite the small number of patients, this study provides important data about this therapeutic decision. ..
- Criado P, Marques G, Morita T, de Carvalho J. Epidemiological, clinical and laboratory profiles of cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa patients: Report of 22 cases and literature review. Autoimmun Rev. 2016;15:558-63 pubmed publisher..An extensive work-up including laboratory tests on autoimmunity and thrombophilic factors and investigation of infectious diseases, especially previous contact with tuberculosis agent, should be part of the CPAN investigation. ..
- Pereira B, da Silva N, Andrade L, Lima F, Gurian F, de Almeida Netto J. Jones criteria and underdiagnosis of rheumatic fever. Indian J Pediatr. 2007;74:117-21 pubmed..migratory arthritis) could be labeled as typical; and strict adherence to Jones criteria, with compulsory documentation of a previous GASI, may lead to underdiagnosis of ARF. ..
- Soares C, Maciel de Albuquerque M, Maranhão A, Rocha L, Ramírez M, Benati F, et al. Astrovirus detection in sporadic cases of diarrhea among hospitalized and non-hospitalized children in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, from 1998 to 2004. J Med Virol. 2008;80:113-7 pubmed..The study documented that astrovirus is an agent of acute diarrhea in children who are inpatients or outpatients in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil although it seems to be less common as a single cause of childhood diarrhea then rotavirus. ..
- Fraga A, Reis M, Zambon M, Toro I, Ribeiro J, Baracat E. Foreign body aspiration in children: clinical aspects, radiological aspects and bronchoscopic treatment. J Bras Pneumol. 2008;34:74-82 pubmed..Longer aspiration time translates to a higher the risk of complications. The high prevalence of foreign bodies of vegetal origin underscores the relevance of prevention programs aimed at children younger than 3 years of age. ..
- Moreira L, Schenka A, Filho P, Lima C, Trevisan M, Vassallo J. Comparison of blood neoangiogenesis and lymphatic vascularization in colorectal adenomas from patients with and without concomitant colorectal cancer. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2009;42:593-8 pubmed..5; P = 0.041) when compared with those from patients without cancer. The present data indicate a significant increase in blood microvascular area and in lymphatic microvascular counts in adenomas removed from patients with cancer. ..
- Sousa C, Castro Júnior N, Larsson E, Ching T. Risk factors for presbycusis in a socio-economic middle-class sample. Braz J Otorhinolaryngol. 2009;75:530-6 pubmed..Risk factors include systemic diseases and poor habits that cause inner ear damage and lead to presbycusis. Correct identification of these risk factors is relevant for prevention...
- Ferro D, Falconi M, Adam R, Ortega M, Lima C, de Souza C, et al. Fractal characteristics of May-Grünwald-Giemsa stained chromatin are independent prognostic factors for survival in multiple myeloma. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20706 pubmed publisher..Fractal characteristics of the chromatin texture in routine cytological preparations revealed relevant prognostic information in patients with multiple myeloma. ..
- Teichert J, Rosales P, Lopes P, Enéas L, da Rocha T. Extradural hematoma in children: case series of 33 patients. Pediatr Neurosurg. 2012;48:216-20 pubmed publisher..In this case series, conservative treatment of EDH was most frequent; however, which factors are involved in this decision has to be better studied. ..
- Sananes N, Cruz Martinez R, Favre R, Ordorica Flores R, Moog R, Zaloszy A, et al. Two-year outcomes after diagnostic and therapeutic fetal cystoscopy for lower urinary tract obstruction. Prenat Diagn. 2016;36:297-303 pubmed publisher..This procedure is associated with modest long-term survival (54%) but with adequate preserved normal renal function in two thirds of the infants among fetuses with PUV. ..
- Hofling Lima A, Branco B, Romano A, Campos M, Moreira H, Miranda D, et al. Corneal infections after implantation of intracorneal ring segments. Cornea. 2004;23:547-9 pubmed..Infectious keratitis following ICRS implantation is a sight-threatening complication for which early recognition and rapid institution of appropriate treatment may result in a better visual outcome. ..
- Ramina R, Maniglia J, Fernandes Y, Paschoal J, Pfeilsticker L, Neto M, et al. Jugular foramen tumors: diagnosis and treatment. Neurosurg Focus. 2004;17:E5 pubmed..Reconstruction of the skull base with vascularized myofascial flaps reduces postoperative CSF leaks. Postoperative lower cranial nerves deficits are the most dangerous complication. ..
- de Mello Filho F, Mamede R, Ricz H, Susin R, Colli B. Midfacial translocation, a variation of the approach to the rhinopharynx, clivus and upper odontoid process. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2006;34:400-4 pubmed..The technique of midfacial translocation provides both good surgical approach and access to the rhinopharynx, pterygomaxillary fossa, high odontoid process and clivus, with few adverse sequelae for the patient. ..
- Angerami R, Resende M, Feltrin A, Katz G, Nascimento E, Stucchi R, et al. Brazilian spotted fever: a case series from an endemic area in southeastern Brazil: clinical aspects. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006;1078:252-4 pubmed..The presence of the classical triad of fever, rash, and headache as described in RMSF was observed in fever than half (35.2%) of our patients...
- Veloso C, Almeida L, Nehemy M. CFH Y402H polymorphism and response to intravitreal ranibizumab in Brazilian patients with neovascular age-related macular degeneration. Rev Col Bras Cir. 2014;41:386-92 pubmed publisher..Patients with the CC genotype showed poorer long-term functional response to intravitreal ranibizumab. ..
- Denadai R, Raposo Amaral C, Buzzo C, Raposo Amaral C. Isolated Autologous Free Fat Grafting for Management of Facial Contour Asymmetry in a Subset of Growing Patients With Craniofacial Microsomia. Ann Plast Surg. 2016;76:288-94 pubmed publisher..A significant improvement of facial symmetry was obtained in this subset of growing CFM patients using only isolated free fat grafting. ..
- Cardili R, Deghaide N, Mendes Junior C, Donadi E, Souza C. HLA-C and TNF gene polymorphisms are associated with psoriasis in Brazilian patients. Int J Dermatol. 2016;55:e16-22 pubmed publisher..TNF -308 polymorphisms can be associated with psoriasis susceptibility and severity. Potential genetic markers of psoriasis in populations with a complex mixture of ethnicities should be investigated. ..
- CÃ¡rdenas G, Guevara Silva E, Romero F, Ugalde Y, Bonnet C, Fleury A, et al. Spinal Taenia solium cysticercosis in Mexican and Indian patients: a comparison of 30-year experience in two neurological referral centers and review of literature. Eur Spine J. 2016;25:1073-81 pubmed publisher..The possible biological factors that may underlie these differences are discussed. ..
- Luchs A, Cilli A, Morillo S, GregÃ³rio D, de Souza K, Vieira H, et al. Detection of the emerging rotavirus G12P genotype at high frequency in brazil in 2014: Successive replacement of predominant strains after vaccine introduction. Acta Trop. 2016;156:87-94 pubmed publisher..Continued surveillance is needed to verify the effectiveness of the RotarixTM vaccine in Brazil together with potential emergence of unusual genotypes. ..
- Lomazi E, Brandalise N, Servidoni M, Cardoso S, Meirelles L. MAST CELLS DISTINGUISH EOSINOPHILIC ESOPHAGITIS IN PEDIATRIC PATIENTS. Arq Gastroenterol. 2017;54:192-196 pubmed publisher..391. Tryptase staining of mast cells differentiates eosinophilic esophagitis from reflux esophagitis. ..
- Matos Garcia B, Rocco I, Maiorano L, Peixoto T, Moreira R, Carvalho A, et al. A Home-Based Walking Program Improves Respiratory Endurance in Patients With Acute Myocardial Infarction: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Can J Cardiol. 2017;33:785-791 pubmed publisher..Low-risk patients recently experiencing MI demonstrate impaired MIP and respiratory endurance compared with healthy participants. A home-based walking program improved respiratory endurance and functional capacity. ..
- Faerstein E, Szklo M, Rosenshein N. Risk factors for uterine leiomyoma: a practice-based case-control study. II. Atherogenic risk factors and potential sources of uterine irritation. Am J Epidemiol. 2001;153:11-9 pubmed..no use: OR = 2.2; 95% CI: 1.4, 3.1). The authors conclude that nonhormonal factors may influence risk of uterine leiomyoma. ..
- Fogaça W, Fereirra M, Dellon A. Infraorbital nerve injury associated with zygoma fractures: documentation with neurosensory testing. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004;113:834-8 pubmed..This approach could also be applicable to dysesthesia or pain after aesthetic facial surgical procedures. ..
- Cotta A, Cintra M, de Souza E, Magna L, Vassallo J. Reassessment of diagnostic criteria in cutaneous lymphocytic infiltrates. Sao Paulo Med J. 2004;122:161-5 pubmed..A combination of clinical and histological features remains the most reliable approach for establishing a definite diagnosis in cases of lymphoid skin infiltrates. ..
- Leonardi M, Ataide E, Boin I, Leonardi L. Role of choledochojejunostomy in liver transplantation. Transplant Proc. 2005;37:1126-8 pubmed..In our experience, the rate of complications directly related to this technique is significantly lower than common duct anestomosis, whether used for biliary reconstruction during OLT or for posttransplantation biliary complications. ..
- Medei E, Pedrosa R, Benchimol Barbosa P, Costa P, Hernandez C, Chaves E, et al. Human antibodies with muscarinic activity modulate ventricular repolarization: basis for electrical disturbance. Int J Cardiol. 2007;115:373-80 pubmed..In vitro, muscarinic sera reversibly increased repolarization duration. Maximum corrected QT intervals and left ventricular end diastolic index are independent predictors of cardiac death. ..
- David Neto E, Prado E, Beutel A, Ventura C, Siqueira S, Hung J, et al. C4d-positive chronic rejection: a frequent entity with a poor outcome. Transplantation. 2007;84:1391-8 pubmed..A larger study is warranted to identify which immunosuppressive regimen may modify the poor course of this entity. ..
- Ferreira A, Neves F, da Rocha F, Silva G, Romano Silva M, Miranda D, et al. The role of 5-HTTLPR polymorphism in antidepressant-associated mania in bipolar disorder. J Affect Disord. 2009;112:267-72 pubmed publisher..Such observations reinforce that a correct diagnosis of bipolarity before the beginning of the treatment is essential, mainly for S-carriers patients. ..
- Castro L, Morcillo A, Guerra Junior G. [Diabetic ketoacidosis in children: treatment profile at a university hospital]. Rev Assoc Med Bras (1992). 2008;54:548-53 pubmed..However, evolution was good with few complications. Most of the admissions refer to a small number of patients. ..
- de Matos F, Arnez M, Sverzut C, Trivellato A. A retrospective study of mandibular fracture in a 40-month period. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2010;39:10-5 pubmed publisher..The most common site was the condyle, followed by the mandibular body. The therapy applied was effective in handling this type of fracture and the success rates were comparable with other published data. ..
- Mattos J, Joaquim A, Almeida J, Albuquerque L, Silva E, Marenco H, et al. Decompressive craniectomy in massive cerebral infarction. Arq Neuropsiquiatr. 2010;68:339-45 pubmed..Dominant hemispheric infarction does not represent exclusion criteria. ..
- Rodrigues M, Fortaleza C, Riboli D, Rocha R, Rocha C, da Cunha M. Molecular epidemiology of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in a burn unit from Brazil. Burns. 2013;39:1242-9 pubmed publisher..07). In conclusion, our study found polyclonal endemicity of MRSA in a burn unit, possibly related to importing of strains from other hospitals. Also, it pointed out to a role of surgical procedures in the dissemination of MRSA strains. ..
- Facuri C, Fernandes A, Oliveira K, Andrade T, Azevedo R. [Sexual violence: a descriptive study of rape victims and care in a university referral center in São Paulo State, Brazil]. Cad Saude Publica. 2013;29:889-98 pubmed..Better knowledge of the characteristics of this group and the event itself can help improve the structure and functioning of models to assist rape victims. ..
- Aguiar F, Mendes H, Cirqueira C, Bacchi C, Carvalho F. Basal cytokeratin as a potential marker of low risk of invasion in ductal carcinoma in situ. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2013;68:638-43 pubmed publisher..The immunohistochemical expression of cytokeratin 5/6 by ductal carcinoma in situ epithelial cells may provide clinically useful information regarding the risk of progression to invasive disease. ..
- Fraser E, Harris M, Prado M, Kennedy J. Autologous osteochondral transplantation for osteochondral lesions of the talus in an athletic population. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2016;24:1272-9 pubmed publisher..The results of our study indicate that AOT procedure is able to achieve good outcomes in an athletic population at a midterm follow-up. Retrospective case series, Level IV. ..
- Rocha R, Fiorelli R, Buogo G, Rubistein M, Mattos R, Frota R, et al. Robotic-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy (RALP): a new way to training. J Robot Surg. 2016;10:19-25 pubmed publisher..The implementation of a training program with advanced precepting allowed us to overcome the initial LC with reasonable results and with minimal complications. ..
- Freire M, de Oliveira Garcia D, Garcia C, Campagnari Bueno M, Camargo C, Kono Magri A, et al. Bloodstream infection caused by extensively drug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii in cancer patients: high mortality associated with delayed treatment rather than with the degree of neutropenia. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2016;22:352-358 pubmed publisher..Among cancer patients, ineffective management of such infection increases the risk of death, more so than do features such as neutropenia and infection at the tumour site. ..
- Cunha R, Maruza M, Montarroyos U, Coimbra I, de B Miranda Filho D, Albuquerque M, et al. Survival of people living with HIV who defaulted from tuberculosis treatment in a cohort, Recife, Brazil. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:137 pubmed publisher..33 to 3.89); alcohol light 0.13 HR (95% CI 0.03 to 0.56). The probability of death in people living with HIV who default TB treatment is approximately four times greater when compared to those who do not default from treatment. ..
- de Lima Barros M, Schubach A, Francesconi do Valle A, Gutierrez Galhardo M, Schubach T, Conceição Silva F, et al. Positive Montenegro skin test among patients with sporotrichosis in Rio De Janeiro. Acta Trop. 2005;93:41-7 pubmed
- dos Santos J, Severo L, Porto N, Moreira J, Da Silva L, Carmargo J. Chronic pulmonary paracoccidioidomycosis in the state of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. Mycopathologia. 1999;145:63-7 pubmed..Four unusual cases are briefly discussed. A sequence of laboratorial tests should be established for the diagnosis of pulmonary paracoccidioidomycosis. ..
- de Almeida E, Barbosa Neto R, Guariento M, Wanderley J, de Souza M. [Clinical presentation of chronic Chagas disease in elderly individuals]. Rev Soc Bras Med Trop. 2007;40:311-5 pubmed..6% presented AS-LBBB, 21.3% RBBB and 18% VEB. It was concluded that there were no clinical differences between elderly and non-elderly Chagas patients. The indeterminate clinical form predominated in patients less than 60 years old. ..
- Kashiwabuchi R, de Freitas D, Alvarenga L, Vieira L, Contarini P, Sato E, et al. Corneal graft survival after therapeutic keratoplasty for Acanthamoeba keratitis. Acta Ophthalmol. 2008;86:666-9 pubmed publisher..01). Penetrating keratoplasty is a treatment option for eyes that are unresponsive to clinical treatment infections. However, graft survival is poor; postoperative glaucoma is frequent and is associated with shorter graft survival. ..
- Krambeck W, Cadidé R, Dalmarco E, de Cordova C. HPV detection and genotyping as an earlier approach in cervical cancer screening of the female genital tract. Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol. 2008;35:175-8 pubmed..These results highlight the usefulness of HPV detection and typing as an early approach for cervical cancer screening and prevention. ..
- Prado F, Nishimoto I, Perez D, Kowalski L, Lopes M. Head and neck chondrosarcoma: analysis of 16 cases. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009;47:555-7 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was describe clinical findings, management and outcome of 16 cases of head and neck chondrosarcoma from a single institution...
- Serafim S, Forster A, Simões M, Penaforte T. Assessment of informatization for the dispensing of medications at a university hospital. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2010;65:417-24 pubmed publisher..Analysis of the data provided information that could contribute to the expansion and refinement of the system, provide support for studies regarding the utilization of medications and offer new perspectives for work and productivity. ..
- de Lima M, Da Silva D, Freund A, Dacoregio J, Costa T, Costa I, et al. Acute Myeloid Leukemia: analysis of epidemiological profile and survival rate. J Pediatr (Rio J). 2016;92:283-9 pubmed publisher..Most patients with WBC count <10,000/mm(3) at diagnosis lived. Overall survival was higher in patients with MRD <0.1%. The prognosis was better in patients with AML-M3. ..
- Colturato L, Signorini Filho R, Fernandes R, Gebrim L, Oliani A. Lymph node micrometastases in initial stage cervical cancer and tumoral recurrence. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2016;133:69-75 pubmed publisher..046). The presence of lymph node micrometastases is an important risk factor for tumor recurrence. These patients should be considered eligible for adjuvant radiochemotherapy treatment. ..
- Silva F, Cortez A, Moreira R, Mazzonetto R. Complications of intraoral donor site for bone grafting prior to implant placement. Implant Dent. 2006;15:420-6 pubmed..Complications and morbidity were smaller in the ramus than in symphysis, and temporary sensory disturbances were the most common complications, noted in both symphysis and ramus areas. ..
- Alves B, Montalvao S, Aranha F, Siegl T, Souza C, Lorand Metze I, et al. Imbalances in serum angiopoietin concentrations are early predictors of septic shock development in patients with post chemotherapy febrile neutropenia. BMC Infect Dis. 2010;10:143 pubmed publisher..Therapeutic strategies that manipulate this Ang-2/Ang-1 imbalance can potentially offer new and promising treatments for sepsis in febrile neutropenia. ..
- da Silva C. Rheumatic fever: a multicenter study in the state of São Paulo. Pediatric Committee--São Paulo Pediatric Rheumatology Society. Rev Hosp Clin Fac Med Sao Paulo. 1999;54:85-90 pubmed..Multicenter studies should be encouraged to improve our understanding of the clinical features of rheumatic diseases in children and adolescents. ..
- Nouer S, Nucci M, Kumar N, Grazziutti M, Restrepo A, Anaissie E. Baseline platelet count and creatinine clearance rate predict the outcome of neutropenia-related invasive aspergillosis. Clin Infect Dis. 2012;54:e173-83 pubmed publisher..These findings may improve patient outcomes by optimizing management strategies for this serious infection and may prove valuable in designing clinical trials of interventions to improve IA outcomes. ..
- Soeiro A, Scanavini Filho M, Bossa A, Zullino C, Soeiro M, Leal T, et al. Complete Treatment Versus Residual Lesion - Long-Term Evolution After Acute Coronary Syndrome. Arq Bras Cardiol. 2016;107:550-556 pubmed publisher..In this study, no long-term differences in combined endpoints were observed between patients who remained with significant lesions compared with those without other obstructions. ..
- Langner E, Del Negro A, Akashi H, Araújo P, Tincani A, Martins A. Schwannomas in the head and neck: retrospective analysis of 21 patients and review of the literature. Sao Paulo Med J. 2007;125:220-2 pubmed..They are solitary lesions, except in Von Recklinghausen's disease. They are generally benign, and rarely recur. The recommended surgical treatment is tumor enucleation. ..
- Gumiero A, Bellomo Brandao M, Costa Pinto E. Gallstones in children with sickle cell disease followed up at a Brazilian hematology center. Arq Gastroenterol. 2008;45:313-8 pubmed..Cholecystectomy must be considered in symptomatic patients. In asymptomatic patients, conservative management seems to be the better choice. ..
- Martins A, Coelho G, Marques G, Moraes M, Valença J, Garcia J. Hepatic steatosis assessment: a comparative study between surgeon evaluation and forward histopathologic findings. Arq Gastroenterol. 2013;50:15-8 pubmed..Although our experienced surgeon team, we have wrongly evaluated feasible organs for transplantation. Nonetheless, our faulty percentage is low comparing to worldwide percentage. ..
- da Silva J, dos Santos A, Melo L, de Araújo A, Regueira G. Posterior fossa decompression with tonsillectomy in 104 cases of basilar impression, Chiari malformation and/or syringomyelia. Arq Neuropsiquiatr. 2011;69:817-23 pubmed..A significant upward migration of the posterior fossa structures was detected by postoperative magnetic resonance imaging. ..
- Coimbra F, da Costa W, Ribeiro H, Diniz A, de Godoy A, de Farias I, et al. Noncurative Resection for Gastric Cancer Patients: Who Could Benefit? : Determining Prognostic Factors for Patient Selection. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:1212-9 pubmed publisher..Noncurative surgery may be considered in selected gastric cancer patients as long as it has low morbidity and allows the realization of chemotherapy. ..
- Morhy Borges Leal S, Andrade J, de Souza M, Mussi Soares A, Penha Tavares G, Yussef Afiune J, et al. Anomalous subaortic course of the left brachiocephalic (innominate) vein: echocardiographic diagnosis and report of an unusual association. Cardiol Young. 2002;12:159-63 pubmed..In patients referred for surgery without catheterization, an incorrect echocardiographic diagnosis could lead to disastrous surgical results. ..
- Cunha V, Zampese M, Aquino V, Cestari T, Goldani L. Mucocutaneous manifestations of disseminated histoplasmosis in patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome: particular aspects in a Latin-American population. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2007;32:250-5 pubmed..Doctors caring for HIV-infected patients should be aware of the wide spectrum of dermatological lesions observed in disseminated histoplasmosis and the importance of detecting and isolating the fungus in mucocutaneous tissues. ..
- Bakos R, Kriz M, Mühlstädt M, Kunte C, Ruzicka T, Berking C. Risk factors for early-onset basal cell carcinoma in a German institution. Eur J Dermatol. 2011;21:705-9 pubmed publisher..BCCs in young patients were only rarely related to hereditary syndromes, but were associated with environmental carcinogens, i.e. UV radiation and smoking. ..
- Medeiros I, PÃªgo Fernandes P, Mariani A, Fernandes F, do Vale Unterpertinger F, Canzian M, et al. Histologic and functional evaluation of lungs reconditioned by ex vivo lung perfusion. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2012;31:305-9 pubmed publisher..EVLP improved lung function (oxygenation capacity) of organs considered unsuitable for transplantation. Lung tissue structure did not deteriorate even after 1 hour of normothermic perfusion. ..
- Barroso U, Barroso V, de Bessa J, Calado A, Zerati Filho M. Predictive factors for contralateral reflux in patients with conservatively treated unilateral vesicoureteral reflux. J Urol. 2008;180:297-9; discussion 299 pubmed publisher..The main risk factor for contralateral reflux was the presence of medium or high grade reflux. Patients with new contralateral reflux had a lower rate of cure than those without development of contralateral reflux. ..
- Grossi J, Nicola R, Bigolin A, Montes J, Lima J, Kraemer R, et al. Description of the technique of upper gastrointestinal series radiological examination for the evaluation of the esophagus, stomach and duodenum of Wistar female rats. Acta Cir Bras. 2009;24:490-5 pubmed..The experimental model described afforded to fully identify all organs investigated, as well as other occasional relevant findings. No anatomical anomalies in the subsequent necropsy, confirming the radiographic findings. ..
- Cayres S, JÃºnior I, Barbosa M, Christofaro D, Fernandes R. Breakfast frequency, adiposity, and cardiovascular risk factors as markers in adolescents. Cardiol Young. 2016;26:244-9 pubmed publisher..46 [-0.90; -0.01]), but this relationship was mediated by trunk fatness. Skipping breakfast is related to cardiovascular risk factors in adolescents, and this relationship was mainly mediated by trunk fatness. ..
- Zago Gomes M, Aikawa K, Perazzio S, Gonçalves C, Pereira F. Prevalence of intestinal nematodes in alcoholic patients. Rev Soc Bras Med Trop. 2002;35:571-4 pubmed