Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on retina in United States
Locale: United States
Publications341 found, 100 shown here
- Ambati J, Fowler B. Mechanisms of age-related macular degeneration. Neuron. 2012;75:26-39 pubmed publisher..Finally, the therapeutic potential of intervening at known mechanistic steps of AMD pathogenesis is discussed. ..
- Brittis P, Silver J. Exogenous glycosaminoglycans induce complete inversion of retinal ganglion cell bodies and their axons within the retinal neuroepithelium. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:7539-42 pubmed
- Warren K, Goldstein E, Hung V, Koehler J, Richardson W. Use of retinal biopsy to diagnose Bartonella (formerly Rochalimaea) henselae retinitis in an HIV-infected patient. Arch Ophthalmol. 1998;116:937-40 pubmed..Retinal biopsy is indicated, despite its potential for serious complications, in patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome who have a progressive, sight-threatening retinitis that is undiagnosed and unresponsive to therapy...
- Kean E, Wei Z, Anderson V, Zhang N, Sayre L. Regulation of the biosynthesis of N-acetylglucosaminylpyrophosphoryldolichol, feedback and product inhibition. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:34072-82 pubmed..This network of inhibitory and stimulatory influences may be aspects of metabolic control of the pathway and thus of glycoprotein biosynthesis in general. ..
- Jaffe G, Yang C, Guo H, Denny J, Lima C, Ashton P. Safety and pharmacokinetics of an intraocular fluocinolone acetonide sustained delivery device. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2000;41:3569-75 pubmed..These devices show great promise in the treatment of ocular diseases such as uveitis, which are often managed with chronic corticosteroid therapy. ..
- Liang Y, Fotiadis D, Filipek S, Saperstein D, Palczewski K, Engel A. Organization of the G protein-coupled receptors rhodopsin and opsin in native membranes. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:21655-21662 pubmed publisher..This is the first semi-empirical model of a higher order structure of a GPCR in native membranes, and it has profound implications for the understanding of how this receptor interacts with partner proteins. ..
- Pardue M, Phillips M, Yin H, Sippy B, Webb Wood S, Chow A, et al. Neuroprotective effect of subretinal implants in the RCS rat. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:674-82 pubmed..Further studies are needed to determine whether the correlation of neuropreservation with subretinal implantation is due to electrical stimulation and/or a mechanical presence of the implant in the subretinal space. ..
- Tyler M, Cameron D. Cellular pattern formation during retinal regeneration: a role for homotypic control of cell fate acquisition. Vision Res. 2007;47:501-11 pubmed..The atypical patterns of regenerated retina could arise in part from regenerative progenitors that, compared to normal growth progenitors, are less responsive to the feedback patterning signals. ..
- Johnson A, Garcia D. Carbachol-mediated pigment granule dispersion in retinal pigment epithelium requires Ca2+ and calcineurin. BMC Cell Biol. 2007;8:53 pubmed..Although the pathway leads to the generation of diacylglycerol and calcium (both required for the activation of certain PKC isoforms), our evidence does not support a significant role for PKC. ..
- Umino Y, Cuenca N, Everhart D, Fernández Sánchez L, Barlow R, Solessio E. Partial rescue of retinal function in chronically hypoglycemic mice. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:915-23 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that retinal neurons have a homeostatic mechanism that integrates energetic status over prolonged periods of time and allows them to recover functionality despite synaptic loss. ..
- Du J, Rountree A, Cleghorn W, Contreras L, Lindsay K, Sadilek M, et al. Phototransduction Influences Metabolic Flux and Nucleotide Metabolism in Mouse Retina. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:4698-710 pubmed publisher..In addition, a comprehensive analysis of the retinal metabolome showed that phototransduction also influences steady-state concentrations of 5'-GMP, ribose-5-phosphate, ketone bodies, and purines. ..
- Datskovskaia A, Carden W, Bickford M. Y retinal terminals contact interneurons in the cat dorsal lateral geniculate nucleus. J Comp Neurol. 2001;430:85-100 pubmed..This indicates that the X and Y pathways participate in unique circuitries but that interneurons are involved in the modulation of both pathways. ..
- Klisovic D, O Dorisio M, Katz S, Sall J, Balster D, O Dorisio T, et al. Somatostatin receptor gene expression in human ocular tissues: RT-PCR and immunohistochemical study. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2001;42:2193-201 pubmed..SSTR1-ir and SSTR2-ir were observed in all analyzed ocular tissues. Detailed knowledge of SSTRs distribution and function in the human eye will result in a better understanding of their role in health and disease. ..
- Brockway L, Zhou Z, Bubien J, Jovov B, Benos D, Keyser K. Rabbit retinal neurons and glia express a variety of ENaC/DEG subunits. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2002;283:C126-34 pubmed..These data demonstrate for the first time both the expression of a variety of ENaC and ASIC subunits in the rabbit retina as well as distinct cellular expression patterns of specific subunits in neurons and glia. ..
- Tallquist M, French W, Soriano P. Additive effects of PDGF receptor beta signaling pathways in vascular smooth muscle cell development. PLoS Biol. 2003;1:E52 pubmed..The combined in vivo and biochemical data suggest that the summation of pathways associated with the PDGFRbeta signal transduction determines the expansion of developing v/p cells. ..
- Haeseleer F, Imanishi Y, Maeda T, Possin D, Maeda A, Lee A, et al. Essential role of Ca2+-binding protein 4, a Cav1.4 channel regulator, in photoreceptor synaptic function. Nat Neurosci. 2004;7:1079-87 pubmed..These observations indicate that CaBP4 is important for normal synaptic function, probably through regulation of Ca(2+) influx and neurotransmitter release in photoreceptor synaptic terminals. ..
- Vigh J, Li G, Hull C, von Gersdorff H. Long-term plasticity mediated by mGluR1 at a retinal reciprocal synapse. Neuron. 2005;46:469-82 pubmed..This poststimulus enhancement of GABAergic feedback lasted for up to 10 min. This form of mGluR1-mediated long-term synaptic plasticity may provide retinal reciprocal synapses with adaptive capabilities. ..
- Senanayake P, Drazba J, Shadrach K, Milsted A, Rungger Brandle E, Nishiyama K, et al. Angiotensin II and its receptor subtypes in the human retina. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:3301-11 pubmed..Local Ang II signaling may thus allow for autoregulation of neurovascular activity. Such an autonomous system could modulate the onset and severity of retinovascular disease. ..
- Shelton M, Distler A, Kern T, Mieyal J. Glutaredoxin regulates autocrine and paracrine proinflammatory responses in retinal glial (muller) cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:4760-6 pubmed publisher..Hence Grx-mediated activation of IKK via deglutathionylation may play a central role in diabetic complications in vivo where Grx1 is increased. ..
- Grover S, Murthy R, Brar V, Chalam K. Comparison of retinal thickness in normal eyes using Stratus and Spectralis optical coherence tomography. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:2644-7 pubmed publisher..This increased measurement corresponds to the inclusion of the outer segment-RPE-Bruch's membrane complex by Spectralis OCT, which is relevant to studies using the newer SD-OCT for assessment of retinal thickness. ..
- Jeffrey B, Morgans C, Puthussery T, Wensel T, Burke N, Brown R, et al. R9AP stabilizes RGS11-G beta5 and accelerates the early light response of ON-bipolar cells. Vis Neurosci. 2010;27:9-17 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that R9AP is required for stable expression of RGS11-Gbeta5 in ON-bipolar cell dendrites. Furthermore, they suggest that the RGS11-Gbeta5-R9AP complex accelerates the initial ON-bipolar cell response to light. ..
- Stanke J, Moose H, El Hodiri H, Fischer A. Comparative study of Pax2 expression in glial cells in the retina and optic nerve of birds and mammals. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:2316-33 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the expression of Pax2 in the vertebrate eye is restricted to retinal astrocytes, peripapillary glia, and glia within the optic nerve. ..
- MARTINEZ DE LUNA R, Kelly L, El Hodiri H. The Retinal Homeobox (Rx) gene is necessary for retinal regeneration. Dev Biol. 2011;353:10-8 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate for the first time that Rx, in addition to being essential during retinal development, also functions during retinal regeneration. ..
- Mitra A, Chinchore Y, Kinser R, Dolph P. Characterization of two dominant alleles of the major rhodopsin-encoding gene ninaE in Drosophila. Mol Vis. 2011;17:3224-33 pubmed..Localization of rhodopsin revealed that in mutant flies, wild-type rhodopsin is mislocalized to the cell body and the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Talahalli R, Zarini S, Tang J, Li G, Murphy R, Kern T, et al. Leukocytes regulate retinal capillary degeneration in the diabetic mouse via generation of leukotrienes. J Leukoc Biol. 2013;93:135-43 pubmed publisher..05). Our data suggest the critical involvement of leukocytes and LTs in the regulation of inflammation and capillary degeneration in DR. ..
- Conlon T, Deng W, Erger K, Cossette T, Pang J, Ryals R, et al. Preclinical potency and safety studies of an AAV2-mediated gene therapy vector for the treatment of MERTK associated retinitis pigmentosa. Hum Gene Ther Clin Dev. 2013;24:23-8 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate the potency and safety of the AAV2-VMD2-hMERTK vector in animal models tested. A GMP vector has been manufactured and is presently in clinical trial. ..
- Al Shamekh S, Goldberg J. Retinal repair with induced pluripotent stem cells. Transl Res. 2014;163:377-86 pubmed publisher..We review developing research in the use of iPSCs for retinal cell replacement therapy. ..
- Groman Lupa S, Adewumi J, Park K, Brzezinski J. The Transcription Factor Prdm16 Marks a Single Retinal Ganglion Cell Subtype in the Mouse Retina. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:5421-5433 pubmed publisher..Future studies are needed to determine the function of these ganglion cells and whether Prdm16 regulates their development. ..
- Semple Rowland S, van Der Wel H. Visinin: biochemical and molecular comparisons in normal and rd chick retina. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;183:456-61 pubmed..Based on the results of this study, we conclude that visinin is not defective in the rd chick model of hereditary retinal degeneration. ..
- Kean E, Rush J, Waechter C. Activation of GlcNAc-P-P-dolichol synthesis by mannosylphosphoryldolichol is stereospecific and requires a saturated alpha-isoprene unit. Biochemistry. 1994;33:10508-12 pubmed
- Haeseleer F, Sokal I, Li N, Pettenati M, Rao N, Bronson D, et al. Molecular characterization of a third member of the guanylyl cyclase-activating protein subfamily. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:6526-35 pubmed..1, suggesting an ancestral gene duplication/translocation event. The identification of multiple Ca2+-binding proteins that interact with GC is suggestive of complex regulatory mechanisms for photoreceptor GC. ..
- Liu L, Li G, McCall M, Cooper N. Photoreceptor regulated expression of Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II in the mouse retina. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2000;82:150-66 pubmed..However, the polyadenylation-mediated translational control mechanism is not activated in this experimental paradigm. ..
- Rieke F. Temporal contrast adaptation in salamander bipolar cells. J Neurosci. 2001;21:9445-54 pubmed..The functional properties of adaptation differed for the two bipolar types, however, with contrast having a much more pronounced effect on the kinetics of the responses of off cells than on cells...
- Knox B, Solessio E. Shedding light on cones. J Gen Physiol. 2006;127:355-8 pubmed
- Seigel G, Hackam A, Ganguly A, Mandell L, Gonzalez Fernandez F. Human embryonic and neuronal stem cell markers in retinoblastoma. Mol Vis. 2007;13:823-32 pubmed..The early onset of RB, coupled with our previous findings of cancer stem cell characteristics in RB, led us to hypothesize that subpopulations of RB tumors harbor markers and behaviors characteristic of embryonic and neuronal origin...
- Maeda A, Maeda T, Sun W, Zhang H, Baehr W, Palczewski K. Redundant and unique roles of retinol dehydrogenases in the mouse retina. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:19565-70 pubmed..The results suggest that RDH8 and RDH12 are dispensable in support of the visual cycle but appear to be key components in clearance of free all-trans-retinal, thereby preventing A2E accumulation and photoreceptor cell death. ..
- Saban D, Elder I, Nguyen C, Smith W, Timmers A, Grant M, et al. Characterization of intraocular immunopathology following intracameral inoculation with alloantigen. Mol Vis. 2008;14:615-24 pubmed
- Schubert T, Kerschensteiner D, Eggers E, Misgeld T, Kerschensteiner M, Lichtman J, et al. Development of presynaptic inhibition onto retinal bipolar cell axon terminals is subclass-specific. J Neurophysiol. 2008;100:304-16 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that presynaptic modulation of glutamate transmission from bipolar cells matures rapidly and is differentially coordinated for GABAergic and glycinergic synapses onto distinct bipolar cell subclasses. ..
- Liou G, Auchampach J, Hillard C, Zhu G, Yousufzai B, Mian S, et al. Mediation of cannabidiol anti-inflammation in the retina by equilibrative nucleoside transporter and A2A adenosine receptor. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:5526-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the activated A(2A)AR in the retinal microglial cells plays a major anti-inflammatory role in the retina and that CBD's anti-inflammatory effects are linked to the inhibition of adenosine uptake. ..
- Ciavatta V, Kim M, Wong P, Nickerson J, Shuler R, McLean G, et al. Retinal expression of Fgf2 in RCS rats with subretinal microphotodiode array. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:4523-30 pubmed publisher..Preservation of ERG b-wave amplitude 4 weeks after implantation is accompanied by elevated Fgf2 expression. These results suggest that Fgf2 may play a role in the neuroprotection provided by subretinal electrical stimulation. ..
- Datta R, Lurye J, Kumar J. Restriction of ectopic eye formation by Drosophila teashirt and tiptop to the developing antenna. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2202-10 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate that in addition to being expressed in coincident patterns within the developing eye, both paralogs are transcribed at very similar levels. ..
- Kumar J. Retinal determination the beginning of eye development. Curr Top Dev Biol. 2010;93:1-28 pubmed publisher..This chapter will highlight the history of discovery of the retinal determination network and will draw attention to the molecular and biochemical mechanisms that underlie our understanding of how the fate of the retina is determined. ..
- Rohrer B, Coughlin B, Kunchithapautham K, Long Q, Tomlinson S, Takahashi K, et al. The alternative pathway is required, but not alone sufficient, for retinal pathology in mouse laser-induced choroidal neovascularization. Mol Immunol. 2011;48:e1-8 pubmed publisher..Improving our understanding of the local regulation of this pathway in the eye is essential for developing improved treatment approaches for AMD. ..
- Meyer J, Howden S, Wallace K, Verhoeven A, Wright L, Capowski E, et al. Optic vesicle-like structures derived from human pluripotent stem cells facilitate a customized approach to retinal disease treatment. Stem Cells. 2011;29:1206-18 pubmed publisher..The production of OV-like populations from human pluripotent stem cells should facilitate the study of human retinal development and disease and advance the use of hiPSCs in personalized medicine...
- Yazdanbakhsh A, Gori S. Mathematical analysis of the accordion grating illusion: a differential geometry approach to introduce the 3D aperture problem. Neural Netw. 2011;24:1093-101 pubmed publisher..in this issue)). We suggest that our approach may generalize to other motion illusions visible in 2D displays...
- Kauper K, McGovern C, Sherman S, Heatherton P, Rapoza R, Stabila P, et al. Two-year intraocular delivery of ciliary neurotrophic factor by encapsulated cell technology implants in patients with chronic retinal degenerative diseases. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:7484-91 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov numbers, NCT00063765, NCT00447954, NCT00447980, NCT00447993.). ..
- Bolkan B, Triphan T, Kretzschmar D. β-secretase cleavage of the fly amyloid precursor protein is required for glial survival. J Neurosci. 2012;32:16181-92 pubmed publisher..These results therefore not only demonstrate a novel function for an APP protein in glia, but they also show this function specifically requires regulation by β-cleavage. ..
- Wu F, Li R, Umino Y, Kaczynski T, Sapkota D, Li S, et al. Onecut1 is essential for horizontal cell genesis and retinal integrity. J Neurosci. 2013;33:13053-65, 13065a pubmed publisher..In sum, these results demonstrate that Oc1 is a critical determinant of HC fate, and reveal that HCs are essential for photoreceptor viability, retinal integrity, and normal visual function. ..
- Tuz K, Bachmann Gagescu R, O Day D, Hua K, Isabella C, Phelps I, et al. Mutations in CSPP1 cause primary cilia abnormalities and Joubert syndrome with or without Jeune asphyxiating thoracic dystrophy. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;94:62-72 pubmed publisher..In summary, CSPP1 mutations are a major cause of the Joubert-Jeune phenotype in humans; however, the mechanism by which these mutations lead to both JBTS and JATD remains unknown. ..
- Anderson A, Weasner B, Weasner B, Kumar J. The Drosophila Wilms? Tumor 1-Associating Protein (WTAP) homolog is required for eye development. Dev Biol. 2014;390:170-80 pubmed publisher..In contrast, WTAP and its homologs have not been implicated in eye development. To our knowledge, the results presented in this report are the first description of a role for WTAP in the retina of any seeing animal. ..
- Scott I, VanVeldhuisen P, Ip M, Blodi B, Oden N, King J, et al. Baseline Factors Associated With 6-Month Visual Acuity and Retinal Thickness Outcomes in Patients With Macular Edema Secondary to Central Retinal Vein Occlusion or Hemiretinal Vein Occlusion: SCORE2 Study Report 4. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2017;135:639-649 pubmed publisher..Identifying factors associated with better outcomes in RVO eyes treated with anti-vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) therapy may provide information useful in counseling patients...
- Li X, Graner M, Williams E, Roote C, Bunch T, Zusman S. Requirements for the cytoplasmic domain of the alphaPS1, alphaPS2 and betaPS integrin subunits during Drosophila development. Development. 1998;125:701-11 pubmed..Furthermore, temperature-shift experiments suggest roles for the alphaPS2 cytoplasmic domain in signaling events occurring in the developing wing. ..
- Palladino M, Hadley T, Ganetzky B. Temperature-sensitive paralytic mutants are enriched for those causing neurodegeneration in Drosophila. Genetics. 2002;161:1197-208 pubmed..Further studies of vacu and the other neurodegenerative mutants isolated should ultimately help dissect the biochemical pathways leading to neurodegeneration. ..
- Dickinson M, Simbuerger E, Zimmermann B, Waters C, Fraser S. Multiphoton excitation spectra in biological samples. J Biomed Opt. 2003;8:329-38 pubmed
- Barmack N, Bilderback T, Liu H, Qian Z, Yakhnitsa V. Activity-dependent expression of acyl-coenzyme a-binding protein in retinal muller glial cells evoked by optokinetic stimulation. J Neurosci. 2004;24:1023-33 pubmed publisher..Because retinal directional sensitivity is linked to GABAergic transmission, HOKS-induced expression of ACBP could provide a molecular basis for adaptation to HOKS and for the genesis of OKAN-II...
- Klassen H, Ziaeian B, Kirov I, Young M, Schwartz P. Isolation of retinal progenitor cells from post-mortem human tissue and comparison with autologous brain progenitors. J Neurosci Res. 2004;77:334-43 pubmed..hRPCs can be distinguished from hBPC cultures by the expression of retinal specification genes and recoverin. ..
- Fischer A, Schmidt M, Schmidt M, Omar G, Reh T. BMP4 and CNTF are neuroprotective and suppress damage-induced proliferation of Müller glia in the retina. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2004;27:531-42 pubmed..When applied after a toxic insult, CNTF suppressed glial proliferation independent of levels of retinal damage. ..
- Weleber R, Watzke R, Shults W, Trzupek K, Heckenlively J, Egan R, et al. Clinical and electrophysiologic characterization of paraneoplastic and autoimmune retinopathies associated with antienolase antibodies. Am J Ophthalmol. 2005;139:780-94 pubmed..The visual impairment and course vary from relative stability for years to slow progression with loss of central vision. With time, optic disk pallor can evolve, presumably from attrition of ganglion cells. ..
- Goldberg A, Ritter L, Khattree N, Peachey N, Fariss R, Dang L, et al. An intramembrane glutamic acid governs peripherin/rds function for photoreceptor disk morphogenesis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:2975-86 pubmed..These findings also suggest that ionizable intramembrane residues may serve regulatory roles for tetraspanin proteins more generally. ..
- Petrs Silva H, Dinculescu A, Li Q, Min S, Chiodo V, Pang J, et al. High-efficiency transduction of the mouse retina by tyrosine-mutant AAV serotype vectors. Mol Ther. 2009;17:463-71 pubmed publisher..These enhanced AAV vectors have a great potential for future therapeutic applications for retinal degenerations and ocular neovascular diseases. ..
- Ghai K, Zelinka C, Fischer A. Notch signaling influences neuroprotective and proliferative properties of mature Müller glia. J Neurosci. 2010;30:3101-12 pubmed publisher..In addition, our data suggest that low levels of Notch signaling in Müller glia diminish the neuroprotective activities of these glial cells. ..
- Tian C, Liu X, Han F, Yu H, Longo Guess C, Yang B, et al. Ush1c gene expression levels in the ear and eye suggest different roles for Ush1c in neurosensory organs in a new Ush1c knockout mouse. Brain Res. 2010;1328:57-70 pubmed publisher..The fact that Ush1c expression is much higher in the ear than in the eye suggests a different role for Ush1c in ear function than in the eye and may explain why Ush1c mutant mice do not recapitulate vision defects. ..
- Gorbatyuk M, Knox T, Lavail M, Gorbatyuk O, Noorwez S, Hauswirth W, et al. Restoration of visual function in P23H rhodopsin transgenic rats by gene delivery of BiP/Grp78. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:5961-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, the preservation of photoreceptor function resulting from elevated levels of BiP is due to suppression of apoptosis rather than to a promotion of rhodopsin folding. ..
- Boyer N, Higbee D, Currin M, Blakeley L, Chen C, Ablonczy Z, et al. Lipofuscin and N-retinylidene-N-retinylethanolamine (A2E) accumulate in retinal pigment epithelium in absence of light exposure: their origin is 11-cis-retinal. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:22276-86 pubmed publisher..The physiological role of Abca4 may include the translocation of 11-cis-retinal complexes across the disk membrane...
- He Q, Xu H, Wang P, Tian N. Dopamine D1 receptors regulate the light dependent development of retinal synaptic responses. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79625 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated roles of dopamine D1 receptor in the activity-dependent functional development of mouse retina. ..
- Akizu N, Silhavy J, Rosti R, Scott E, Fenstermaker A, Schroth J, et al. Mutations in CSPP1 lead to classical Joubert syndrome. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;94:80-6 pubmed publisher..Here, we show abrogated protein levels and ciliogenesis in affected fibroblasts. Our data thus suggest that CSPP1 is involved in neural-specific functions of primary cilia. ..
- Chang K, Ponder J, Labarbera D, Petrash J. Aldose reductase inhibition prevents endotoxin-induced inflammatory responses in retinal microglia. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:2853-61 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the action of AR contributes to the activation of RMG. Inhibition of AR may be a therapeutic strategy to reduce inflammation associated with activation of RMG in disease. ..
- Ioffe M, Berry M. The structured 'low temperature' phase of the retinal population code. PLoS Comput Biol. 2017;13:e1005792 pubmed publisher..A collective state in the neural population, in which neural activity patterns naturally form clusters, provides a consistent interpretation for our results...
- Shiraga S, Adamus G. Mechanism of CAR syndrome: anti-recoverin antibodies are the inducers of retinal cell apoptotic death via the caspase 9- and caspase 3-dependent pathway. J Neuroimmunol. 2002;132:72-82 pubmed..We propose that a similar mechanism may be in place in patients with CAR syndrome where high levels of circulating antibodies have been associated with retinal degeneration. ..
- Maeda A, Maeda T, Imanishi Y, Golczak M, Moise A, Palczewski K. Aberrant metabolites in mouse models of congenital blinding diseases: formation and storage of retinyl esters. Biochemistry. 2006;45:4210-9 pubmed..The data presented here support the idea that 13-cis-retinyl esters are formed through an aberrant enzymatic isomerization process. ..
- Elshatory Y, Everhart D, Deng M, Xie X, Barlow R, Gan L. Islet-1 controls the differentiation of retinal bipolar and cholinergic amacrine cells. J Neurosci. 2007;27:12707-20 pubmed
- Fischer A, Zelinka C, Scott M. Heterogeneity of glia in the retina and optic nerve of birds and mammals. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10774 pubmed publisher..We conclude that NIRG-like cells are present in the retinas of canines and non-human primates, whereas the retinas of mice and guinea pigs do not contain NIRG cells. ..
- Puthussery T, Gayet Primo J, Taylor W, Haverkamp S. Immunohistochemical identification and synaptic inputs to the diffuse bipolar cell type DB1 in macaque retina. J Comp Neurol. 2011;519:3640-56 pubmed publisher..In the IPL, DB1 bipolar cell axon terminals expressed the glycine receptor, GlyR?1, at sites of contact with AII amacrine cells, suggesting that these cells receive input from the rod pathway. ..
- Sundermeier T, Vinberg F, Mustafi D, Bai X, Kefalov V, Palczewski K. R9AP overexpression alters phototransduction kinetics in iCre75 mice. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:1339-47 pubmed publisher..These results highlight an important caveat that must be considered when utilizing this mouse line for rod photoreceptor-specific gene loss of function studies. ..
- Wizeman J, Mohan R. Expression of peptidylarginine deiminase 4 in an alkali injury model of retinal gliosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:134-139 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings for the first time identify PAD4 as a novel injury-inducible druggable target for retinal gliosis. ..
- Katz M, Gao C, Stientjes H. Regulation of the interphotoreceptor retinoid-binding protein content of the retina by vitamin A. Exp Eye Res. 1993;57:393-401 pubmed..The restored level of IRBP immunoreactivity was maintained 1 week after injection. The immunocytochemical findings were confirmed by immunoblot analysis of eyecup homogenates.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Haeseleer F, Palczewski K. Calmodulin and Ca2+-binding proteins (CaBPs): variations on a theme. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2002;514:303-17 pubmed..CaBPs could be cell-type specific proteins that play a key role in the Ca2+ signaling of specialized retinal neurons. ..
- Ball S, Pardue M, McCall M, Gregg R, Peachey N. Immunohistochemical analysis of the outer plexiform layer in the nob mouse shows no abnormalities. Vis Neurosci. 2003;20:267-72 pubmed..Our results indicate that the absence of nyctalopin does not disrupt the expression pattern of other proteins known to be required for synaptic transmission. ..
- Puthussery T, Gayet Primo J, Taylor W. Localization of the calcium-binding protein secretagogin in cone bipolar cells of the mammalian retina. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:513-25 pubmed publisher..Further work will be necessary to elucidate the functional role of this protein in bipolar cells. ..
- Lewis A, Wilson N, Stearns G, Johnson N, Nelson R, Brockerhoff S. Celsr3 is required for normal development of GABA circuits in the inner retina. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002239 pubmed publisher..These findings support the previously postulated inner retina origin for the b1 component and reveal a new role for Celsr3 in the normal development of ON visual pathway circuitry in the inner retina. ..
- Grossman G, Beight C, Ebke L, Pauer G, Hagstrom S. Interaction of tubby-like protein-1 (Tulp1) and microtubule-associated protein (MAP) 1A and MAP1B in the mouse retina. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2014;801:511-8 pubmed publisher..This may be the cause for disorganized OSs in tulp1-/- mice, and indicate that their transport to the OS is Tulp1-dependent. ..
- Tsuchiya S, Buhr E, Higashide T, Sugiyama K, Van Gelder R. Light entrainment of the murine intraocular pressure circadian rhythm utilizes non-local mechanisms. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184790 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IOP rhythm entrainment is mediated by a systemic rather than local signal in mice. ..