Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on reproducibility of results in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: reproducibility of results
Publications1135 found, 100 shown here
- Afonso L, Shokr M, Akintoye E, Briasoulis A, Alesh I, Alani A, et al. Usefulness of the Mitral Regurgitation Severity Index to Assess the Severity of Chronic Mitral Regurgitation. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:304-308 pubmed publisher..8, it exhibited good inter-rater reproducibility with a kappa coefficient of 0.72 (p <0.001). In conclusion, MRSI appears to be a simple, quantitative, practical, color-independent metric to differentiate severe MR from nonsevere MR. ..
- Giancardo L, Meriaudeau F, Karnowski T, Li Y, Garg S, Tobin K, et al. Exudate-based diabetic macular edema detection in fundus images using publicly available datasets. Med Image Anal. 2012;16:216-26 pubmed publisher..4s (9.3s, considering the optic nerve localisation) per image on an 2.6 GHz platform with an unoptimised Matlab implementation. ..
- Watkins S, Nietert P, Hughes E, Stickles E, Wester T, McEvoy M. Assessment Tools for Use During Anesthesia-Centric Pediatric Advanced Life Support Training and Evaluation. Am J Med Sci. 2017;353:516-522 pubmed publisher..This study provides evidence for the validity of the A-PALS scoring instrument and demonstrates that the scoring instrument can provide reliable scores, although clinician performance affects reliability. ..
- Kahaly G, Algeciras Schimnich A, Davis T, Diana T, Feldkamp J, Karger S, et al. United States and European Multicenter Prospective Study for the Analytical Performance and Clinical Validation of a Novel Sensitive Fully Automated Immunoassay for Calcitonin. Clin Chem. 2017;63:1489-1496 pubmed publisher..Calcium-stimulated CT results suggest good test applicability owing to low interindividual variability. ..
- Olojo R, Xia R, Abramson J. Spectrophotometric and fluorometric assay of superoxide ion using 4-chloro-7-nitrobenzo-2-oxa-1,3-diazole. Anal Biochem. 2005;339:338-44 pubmed..A detailed discussion of the advantages and limitations of this new superoxide ion probe is presented. ..
- Liu H, Tarima S, Borders A, Getchell T, Getchell M, Stromberg A. Quadratic regression analysis for gene discovery and pattern recognition for non-cyclic short time-course microarray experiments. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:106 pubmed..With a freely accessible Excel macro, investigators can readily apply this method to their microarray data. ..
- Song K, Orloff M, Lu Q, Elston R. Fine-mapping using the weighted average method for a case-control study. BMC Genet. 2005;6 Suppl 1:S67 pubmed..However, the strength of the signal depends on both the strength of the linkage disequilibrium and the heterozygosity of the linked marker. ..
- Pu J, Roos J, Yi C, Napel S, Rubin G, Paik D. Adaptive border marching algorithm: automatic lung segmentation on chest CT images. Comput Med Imaging Graph. 2008;32:452-62 pubmed publisher..The clinical impact of this method is in potentially avoiding false negative CAD findings due to juxtapleural nodules and improving volumetry and doubling time accuracy. ..
- Saager R, BERGER A. Measurement of layer-like hemodynamic trends in scalp and cortex: implications for physiological baseline suppression in functional near-infrared spectroscopy. J Biomed Opt. 2008;13:034017 pubmed publisher..For localized stimulation of the occipital lobe (viewing a flickering pattern), the subtraction isolated a stimulus-correlated hemodynamic feature from background noise. ..
- Fu Y, Xiong S, Lovell M, Lynn B. Quantitative proteomic analysis of mitochondria in aging PS-1 transgenic mice. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2009;29:649-64 pubmed publisher..The dysfunction of Na(+)/K(+) ATPase and signal transduction proteins may induce impaired cognition and memory before neurodegeneration occurs. ..
- Smith S, Hilsenroth M, Bornstein R. Convergent validity of the SWAP-200 dependency scales. J Nerv Ment Dis. 2009;197:613-8 pubmed publisher..We discuss the implications of these findings with regard to theoretical, empirical, and clinical aspects of interpersonal dependency. ..
- Feng W, Leach S, Tipney H, Phang T, Geraci M, Spritz R, et al. Spatial and temporal analysis of gene expression during growth and fusion of the mouse facial prominences. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8066 pubmed publisher..Overall, our studies provide a valuable resource for probing orofacial development and a robust dataset for bioinformatic analysis of spatial and temporal gene expression changes during embryogenesis. ..
- Treff N, Su J, Tao X, Levy B, Scott R. Accurate single cell 24 chromosome aneuploidy screening using whole genome amplification and single nucleotide polymorphism microarrays. Fertil Steril. 2010;94:2017-21 pubmed publisher..5%. We have established and validated a SNP microarray-based single cell aneuploidy screening technology. Clinical validation studies are underway to determine the predictive value of this methodology. ..
- Yeung D, Hui S. Validity and reliability of skinfold measurement in assessing body fatness of Chinese children. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2010;19:350-7 pubmed..63, see=3.77). Skinfold measurements provide valid and reliable %fat estimation in Chinese children. However, the application of Slaughter equations in Chinese children is questionable. Alternative skinfold models are proposed. ..
- Chan L, Shen D, Wilkinson A, Patton W, Lai N, Chan E, et al. A novel image-based cytometry method for autophagy detection in living cells. Autophagy. 2012;8:1371-82 pubmed publisher..The described image-based cytometry/fluorescent dye method should serve as a useful addition to the current arsenal of techniques available in support of autophagy-based drug discovery relating to various pathological disorders. ..
- Rudzinski W, Waller A, Rusovici A, Dehnee A, Nasur A, Benz M, et al. Comparison of efficacy and safety of intracoronary sodium nitroprusside and intravenous adenosine for assessing fractional flow reserve. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2013;81:540-4 pubmed publisher..IC NTP is as effective as IVA for measuring FFR. NTP is better tolerated by patients. Since NTP is inexpensive, readily available, well tolerated, and safe, it may be a better choice for FFR assessment. ..
- Xu C, Yuan C, Stutzman E, Canton G, Comess K, Beach K. Quest for the Vulnerable Atheroma: Carotid Stenosis and Diametric Strain--A Feasibility Study. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2016;42:699-716 pubmed publisher..1 mm), 2 with extreme wall thinning (>-0.1 mm) and 4 with combinations. Decreases in systolic diameter and/or extreme systolic arterial wall thickening may indicate imminent atheroma rupture. ..
- Edelen M, Huang W, Stucky B. Additional validity evidence for the PROMIS Smoking Assessment Toolkit. Addict Behav. 2016;58:80-4 pubmed publisher..The PROMIS nicotine dependence scores were most strongly associated with the legacy instruments. These analyses provide strong evidence for the validity of the PROMIS Smoking item banks in two independent samples. ..
- Pinsky N, Huddleston J, Jacobson R, Wollan P, Poland G. Effect of multiple freeze-thaw cycles on detection of measles, mumps, and rubella virus antibodies. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2003;10:19-21 pubmed
- Omland K, Brys A, Lansky D, Clement K, Lynn F. Interlaboratory comparison of results of an anthrax lethal toxin neutralization assay for assessment of functional antibodies in multiple species. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2008;15:946-53 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that the TNA is a panspecies assay that can be performed in several different laboratories with a high degree of quantitative agreement and precision. ..
- Nakagawa T, Kollmeyer T, Morlan B, Anderson S, Bergstralh E, Davis B, et al. A tissue biomarker panel predicting systemic progression after PSA recurrence post-definitive prostate cancer therapy. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2318 pubmed publisher..The measurement of gene expression pattern may be useful for determining which men may benefit from additional therapy after PSA recurrence. ..
- Lord L, Pennell M, Ingwersen W, Fisher R. Sensitivity of commercial scanners to microchips of various frequencies implanted in dogs and cats. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2008;233:1729-35 pubmed publisher..To maximize microchip detection, proper scanning technique should be used and animals should be scanned more than once. Microchipping should remain a component of a more comprehensive pet identification program. ..
- Pochon S, Tardy I, Bussat P, Bettinger T, Brochot J, von Wronski M, et al. BR55: a lipopeptide-based VEGFR2-targeted ultrasound contrast agent for molecular imaging of angiogenesis. Invest Radiol. 2010;45:89-95 pubmed publisher..VEGFR2-targeted ultrasound contrast agents such as BR55 will likely prove useful in human for the early detection of tumors as well as for the assessment of response to specific treatments. ..
- Rice M, Pitkin A, Coursin D. Review article: glucose measurement in the operating room: more complicated than it seems. Anesth Analg. 2010;110:1056-65 pubmed publisher..In this article, we will highlight these areas of interest and review the indications, technology, accuracy, and regulation of glucose measurement devices used in the perioperative setting. ..
- Lanza I, Bhagra S, Nair K, Port J. Measurement of human skeletal muscle oxidative capacity by 31P-MR spectroscopy: a cross-validation with in vitro measurements. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2011;34:1143-50 pubmed publisher..To cross-validate skeletal muscle oxidative capacity measured by (31)P-MR spectroscopy with in vitro measurements of oxidative capacity in mitochondria isolated from muscle biopsies of the same muscle group in 18 healthy adults...
- Rohlfing C, Hanson S, Tennill A, Little R. Effects of whole blood storage on hemoglobin a1c measurements with five current assay methods. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2012;14:271-5 pubmed publisher..For the ion-exchange methods tested 4°C storage is preferable to -20°C (stability 14-21 days vs. 4-10 days). For studies where long-term stability is required, samples should be stored at -70°C or colder. ..
- Kisaalita N, Robinson M. Analgesic placebo treatment perceptions: acceptability, efficacy, and knowledge. J Pain. 2012;13:891-900 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the importance of assessing placebo conceptualizations and treatment perceptions in evaluating placebo ethics-a highly relevant finding that informs the clinical use of placebo components in managing pain. ..
- Good M, Stiller C, Zauszniewski J, Anderson G, Stanton Hicks M, Grass J. Sensation and Distress of Pain Scales: reliability, validity, and sensitivity. J Nurs Meas. 2001;9:219-38 pubmed..01. The VAS scores were significantly lower, p < .01 to .001, and more evenly distributed than NRS scores. It is recommended that the VAS be used in research to produce continuous scores that are more suited to parametric analysis. ..
- Breslin N, Wallace M. Diagnosis and fine needle aspiration of pancreatic pseudocysts: the role of endoscopic ultrasound. Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am. 2002;12:781-90, viii pubmed..EUS facilitates this process allowing accurate imaging of the lesion prior to stent placement via the echoendoscope and overcomes many of the drawbacks and pitfalls of other endoscopic techniques. ..
- Michel A, Johnson R, Duke S, Scheffler B. Dose-response relationships between herbicides with different modes of action and growth of Lemna paucicostata: an improved ecotoxicological method. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2004;23:1074-9 pubmed
- Olds G, Cooper G, Chak A, Sivak M, Chitale A, Wong R. The yield of bleeding scans in acute lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2005;39:273-7 pubmed..Our objective was to evaluate the accuracy of TRBC scintigraphy in clinical day-to-day practice at our institution and to determine predictors of a positive test...
- Flynn R, Barbee D, Mackie T, Jeraj R. Comparison of intensity modulated x-ray therapy and intensity modulated proton therapy for selective subvolume boosting: a phantom study. Phys Med Biol. 2007;52:6073-91 pubmed..The IMPT-DGT method reduced the number of proton beam spots by a factor of about 3 relative to the IMPT-SS method. ..
- Pelch K, Schroder A, Kimball P, Sharpe Timms K, Davis J, Nagel S. Aberrant gene expression profile in a mouse model of endometriosis mirrors that observed in women. Fertil Steril. 2010;93:1615-1627.e18 pubmed publisher..According to gene expression analysis, the mouse model of surgically induced endometriosis is a good model for studying the pathophysiology and treatment of endometriosis. ..
- Sharma A, Searfoss G, Reams R, Jordan W, Snyder P, Chiang A, et al. Kainic acid-induced F-344 rat model of mesial temporal lobe epilepsy: gene expression and canonical pathways. Toxicol Pathol. 2009;37:776-89 pubmed publisher..Importantly, analysis of the gene expression data also identified potential biomarkers for monitoring neurodegeneration (Cox2) and neuronal/synaptic plasticity (Kalrn). ..
- Xu G, Piao D, Bunting C, Dehghani H. Direct-current-based image reconstruction versus direct-current included or excluded frequency-domain reconstruction in diffuse optical tomography. Appl Opt. 2010;49:3059-70 pubmed publisher..Under the condition of a priori structural information, the performances of three reconstruction configurations are seemingly equivalent. ..
- Han B, Chen X. bNEAT: a Bayesian network method for detecting epistatic interactions in genome-wide association studies. BMC Genomics. 2011;12 Suppl 2:S9 pubmed publisher..The merits of the proposed approach lie in two aspects: a suitable score for Bayesian network structure learning that can reflect higher-order epistatic interactions and a heuristic Bayesian network structure learning method. ..
- Chan L, Wilkinson A, Paradis B, Lai N. Rapid image-based cytometry for comparison of fluorescent viability staining methods. J Fluoresc. 2012;22:1301-11 pubmed publisher..Overall, these image-based fluorescent cell counters can simplify assay procedures as well as capture images for visual confirmation. ..
- Van Dolah F, Fire S, Leighfield T, Mikulski C, Doucette G. Determination of paralytic shellfish toxins in shellfish by receptor binding assay: collaborative study. J AOAC Int. 2012;95:795-812 pubmed..The results of this interlaboratory study demonstrate that the RBA is suitable for the routine determination of PST in shellfish in appropriately equipped laboratories. ..
- Dzyubak B, Glaser K, Yin M, Talwalkar J, Chen J, Manduca A, et al. Automated liver stiffness measurements with magnetic resonance elastography. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2013;38:371-9 pubmed publisher..The correlation between the automated measurements and those from the trained readers was superior to the correlation between the readers. ..
- Wang Y, Avula B, Nanayakkara N, Zhao J, Khan I. Cassia cinnamon as a source of coumarin in cinnamon-flavored food and food supplements in the United States. J Agric Food Chem. 2013;61:4470-6 pubmed publisher..Their chemical profiles indicated that the cinnamon samples and the cinnamon in food supplements and flavored foods were probably Indonesian cassia, C. burmannii...
- Grol Prokopczyk H, Verdes Tennant E, McEniry M, IspÃ¡ny M. Promises and Pitfalls of Anchoring Vignettes in Health Survey Research. Demography. 2015;52:1703-28 pubmed publisher..The evaluated anchoring vignettes do not fulfill their promise of providing interpersonally comparable measures of health. Recommendations for improving future implementations of vignettes are discussed. ..
- Traczewski M, Deane J, Sahm D, Brown S, Chesnel L. Impact of Variations in Test Method Parameters on In Vitro Activity of Surotomycin against Clostridium difficile and Surotomycin Quality Control Limits for Broth Microdilution and Agar Dilution Susceptibility Testing. J Clin Microbiol. 2016;54:749-53 pubmed publisher..Quality control ranges for Clostridium difficile (0.12 to 1 Î¼g/ml) and Eggerthella lenta (broth, 1 to 4 Î¼g/ml; agar, 1 to 8 Î¼g/ml) were approved by the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute based on these data. ..
- Aydoğan C, El Rassi Z. Monolithic stationary phases with incorporated fumed silica nanoparticles. Part I. Polymethacrylate-based monolithic column with incorporated bare fumed silica nanoparticles for hydrophilic interaction liquid chromatography. J Chromatogr A. 2016;1445:55-61 pubmed publisher..The percent relative standard deviations (%RSDs) for the retention times of tested solutes were lower than 2.5% under isocratic conditions and lower than 3.5 under gradient conditions. ..
- Bélanger M, Sorenson H, France M, Bowie M, Barbet A, Breitschwerdt E, et al. Comparison of serological detection methods for diagnosis of Ehrlichia canis infections in dogs. J Clin Microbiol. 2002;40:3506-8 pubmed..The accuracy levels of the rMAP2 ELISA, Snap3Dx, Dip-S-Ticks, and Snap Canine Combo were 97.0, 89.8, 85.1, and 82.9%, respectively. ..
- Schloss P, Larget B, Handelsman J. Integration of microbial ecology and statistics: a test to compare gene libraries. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2004;70:5485-92 pubmed
- Kijtawornrat A, Ozkanlar Y, Keene B, Roche B, Hamlin D, Hamlin R. Assessment of drug-induced QT interval prolongation in conscious rabbits. J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods. 2006;53:168-73 pubmed..Results indicate that a bipolar transthoracic ECG recorded in conscious, sling-trained rabbits may provide an easy and economical methodology useful in predicting QTc lengthening of novel pharmacological entities. ..
- Chung M, Worsley K, Nacewicz B, Dalton K, Davidson R. General multivariate linear modeling of surface shapes using SurfStat. Neuroimage. 2010;53:491-505 pubmed publisher..The methodology has been applied for quantifying abnormal local amygdala shape variations in 22 high functioning autistic subjects. ..
- Hammad L, Cooper B, Fisher N, Montooth K, Karty J. Profiling and quantification of Drosophila melanogaster lipids using liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2011;25:2959-68 pubmed publisher..It will also be particularly useful to biologists interested in adaptation and acclimation of cellular membranes in response to thermal heterogeneity. ..
- Wack D, Dwyer M, Bergsland N, Di Perri C, Ranza L, Hussein S, et al. Improved assessment of multiple sclerosis lesion segmentation agreement via detection and outline error estimates. BMC Med Imaging. 2012;12:17 pubmed publisher..The DE and OER indices are proposed as a better method than SI for comparing rater agreement of ROIs, which also provide specific information for raters to improve their agreement. ..
- Resnyk C, Carre W, Wang X, Porter T, Simon J, Le Bihan Duval E, et al. Transcriptional analysis of abdominal fat in genetically fat and lean chickens reveals adipokines, lipogenic genes and a link between hemostasis and leanness. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:557 pubmed publisher..This transcriptional analysis shows that abdominal fat of the chicken serves a dual function as both an endocrine organ and an active metabolic tissue, which could play a more significant role in lipogenesis than previously thought. ..
- Xiong W, He L, Li Y, Dooner H, Du C. InsertionMapper: a pipeline tool for the identification of targeted sequences from multidimensional high throughput sequencing data. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:679 pubmed publisher..InsertionMapper is freely accessible at https://sourceforge.net/p/insertionmapper and http://bo.csam.montclair.edu/du/insertionmapper. ..
- Wang H, Goehring A, Wang K, Penmatsa A, Ressler R, Gouaux E. Structural basis for action by diverse antidepressants on biogenic amine transporters. Nature. 2013;503:141-5 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies define common and simple principles for the action of SSRIs, SNRIs and TCAs on BATs. ..
- Arous E, McDade T, Smith J, Ng S, Sullivan M, Zottola R, et al. Electronic medical record: research tool for pancreatic cancer?. J Surg Res. 2014;187:466-70 pubmed publisher..7% had other pancreatic pathology. These results suggest that cautious interpretation of administrative data rely only on ICD-9-CM diagnosis codes and clinical correlation through previously validated mechanisms. ..
- Leal Bertioli S, Moretzsohn M, Roberts P, BallÃ©n Taborda C, Borba T, Valdisser P, et al. Genetic Mapping of Resistance to Meloidogyne arenaria in Arachis stenosperma: A New Source of Nematode Resistance for Peanut. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;6:377-90 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we consider that A. stenosperma has high potential as a new source of RKN resistance in peanut breeding programs. ..
- Kim J, Dunham D, Supp D, Sen C, Powell H. Novel burn device for rapid, reproducible burn wound generation. Burns. 2016;42:384-91 pubmed publisher..Burns of tailored and repeatable depths, independent of user, provide a platform for the study of anti-scar and other wound healing therapies without the added variable of non-uniform starting injury. ..
- To A, Benatti R, Sato K, Grimm R, Thomas J, Wilkoff B, et al. Strain-time curve analysis by speckle tracking echocardiography in cardiac resynchronization therapy: Insight into the pathophysiology of responders vs. non-responders. Cardiovasc Ultrasound. 2016;14:14 pubmed publisher..Lower ?long in the non-responders may account for their poor response to CRT. ..
- De Cecco C, Muscogiuri G, Schoepf U, Caruso D, Wichmann J, Cannaò P, et al. Virtual unenhanced imaging of the liver with third-generation dual-source dual-energy CT and advanced modeled iterative reconstruction. Eur J Radiol. 2016;85:1257-64 pubmed publisher..9%±1.1% (p<0.01). Third-generation DSCT VU images of the liver provide diagnostic image quality and improve small (?1cm) liver lesion detection; however calcified liver lesions can be missed due to complete subtraction. ..
- Luzi N, Lyons C, Peterson D, Ellis K. Characterization of PKAC? enzyme kinetics and inhibition in an HPLC assay with a chromophoric substrate. Anal Biochem. 2017;532:45-52 pubmed publisher..The assay format is also highly flexible and could be adapted for the testing of many different kinases by changing the peptide substrate sequence. ..
- Cohen A, Hersh W, Dubay C, Spackman K. Using co-occurrence network structure to extract synonymous gene and protein names from MEDLINE abstracts. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:103 pubmed..36% recall), with high efficiency in the use of seed pairs. The method performs comparably with other studied methods, does not rely on sophisticated named-entity recognition, and requires little initial seed knowledge. ..
- Joguparthi V, Xiang T, Anderson B. Liposome transport of hydrophobic drugs: gel phase lipid bilayer permeability and partitioning of the lactone form of a hydrophobic camptothecin, DB-67. J Pharm Sci. 2008;97:400-20 pubmed..The use of dynamic dialysis in drug release studies of liposome and other nanoparticle formulations is further discussed and experimental artifacts that can arise without adequate validation are illustrated through simulations. ..
- Doucet B, Griffin L. Maximal versus submaximal intensity stimulation with variable patterns. Muscle Nerve. 2008;37:770-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, double-pulse stimulation was more effective during submaximal than maximal intensity NMES. These data demonstrate that intensity level must be taken into consideration when programming frequency patterns for NMES devices. ..
- McGivern J, Swaney D, Coon J, Sheets M. Toward defining the phosphoproteome of Xenopus laevis embryos. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1433-43 pubmed publisher..These data will serve as a powerful resource for the exploration of phosphorylation and protein function within a developmental context. Developmental Dynamics 238:1433-1443, 2009. (c) 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- Dwelly P, Tripp B, Tripp P, Eberman L, Gorin S. Glenohumeral rotational range of motion in collegiate overhead-throwing athletes during an athletic season. J Athl Train. 2009;44:611-6 pubmed publisher..The 2 methods of calculating GIRD identified different athletes as having GIRD, indicating that additional investigation is warranted to determine the clinical benefits of each method. ..
- Peruzzi P, Corbitt R, Raffel C. Magnetic resonance imaging versus ultrasonography for the in utero evaluation of central nervous system anomalies. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2010;6:340-5 pubmed publisher..Particularly for spinal dysraphic defects, fetal MR imaging does not seem to add important diagnostic or prognostic details when compared with fetal ultrasonography. ..
- Frank J, Wallace J, Pardo S, Parkes J. Performance of the CONTOURÂ® TS Blood Glucose Monitoring System. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2011;5:198-205 pubmed..The CONTOUR TS BG meter system gave accurate and reproducible results with both capillary and venous blood; subjects learned to use the meter system by following the user guide and quick reference guide. ..
- St Sauver J, Grossardt B, Yawn B, Melton L, Rocca W. Use of a medical records linkage system to enumerate a dynamic population over time: the Rochester epidemiology project. Am J Epidemiol. 2011;173:1059-68 pubmed publisher..Comprehensive medical records linkage systems like the REP can be used to maintain a continuously updated census and to provide an optimal sampling framework for epidemiologic studies. ..
- Yoon H, Ansong C, McDermott J, Gritsenko M, Smith R, Heffron F, et al. Systems analysis of multiple regulator perturbations allows discovery of virulence factors in Salmonella. BMC Syst Biol. 2011;5:100 pubmed publisher..The success of this strategy at discovery of known and novel virulence factors suggests that the approach may have applicability for other bacterial pathogens. ..
- Banerjee S, Yang S, Foster C. A luciferase reporter assay to investigate the differential selenium-dependent stability of selenoprotein mRNAs. J Nutr Biochem. 2012;23:1294-301 pubmed publisher..Our reporter is derived from a Renilla luciferase reporter gene fused to an intron containing B-globin gene and is subject to degradation by NMD when a stop codon is inserted before the second intron...
- Choe D, Ramírez S, Tsutsui N. A silica gel based method for extracting insect surface hydrocarbons. J Chem Ecol. 2012;38:176-87 pubmed publisher..Due to its surface specificity, efficiency, and low cost, this new method may be useful for studying the biology of insect cuticular hydrocarbons. ..
- Magnano C, Schirda C, Weinstock Guttman B, Wack D, Lindzen E, Hojnacki D, et al. Cine cerebrospinal fluid imaging in multiple sclerosis. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2012;36:825-34 pubmed publisher..05). CSF flow dynamics are altered in MS patients. More severe clinical and MRI outcomes in RRMS and CIS patients relate to altered CSF flow and velocity measures. ..
- Debold E, Walcott S, Woodward M, Turner M. Direct observation of phosphate inhibiting the force-generating capacity of a miniensemble of Myosin molecules. Biophys J. 2013;105:2374-84 pubmed publisher..The ability of the model to capture the findings presented here as well as previous findings suggests that Pi-induced inhibition of force may proceed along a kinetic pathway different from that of force generation. ..
- Das S, Bhat P, Sudhakar C, Ehlers J, Wanamaker S, Roberts P, et al. Detection and validation of single feature polymorphisms in cowpea (Vigna unguiculata L. Walp) using a soybean genome array. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:107 pubmed publisher..This study provides an example of extension of genomic resources from a well supported species to an orphan crop. Presumably, other legume systems are similarly tractable to SFP marker development using existing legume array resources. ..
- Liu S, Wang X, Sun F, Zhang J, Feng J, Liu H, et al. RNA-Seq reveals expression signatures of genes involved in oxygen transport, protein synthesis, folding, and degradation in response to heat stress in catfish. Physiol Genomics. 2013;45:462-76 pubmed publisher..The candidate genes identified should be valuable for further targeted studies on heat tolerance, thereby assisting the development of heat-tolerant catfish lines for aquaculture. ..
- Mallin M, Schlein S, Doctor S, Stroud S, Dawson M, Fix M. A survey of the current utilization of asynchronous education among emergency medicine residents in the United States. Acad Med. 2014;89:598-601 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that residents are using more open access interactive multimedia tools. Medical educators must engage with current learners to guide appropriate use of these. ..
- Nouhan R, Kleinert J. Ulnar nerve decompression by transposing the nerve and Z-lengthening the flexor-pronator mass: clinical outcome. J Hand Surg Am. 1997;22:127-31 pubmed..These findings indicate that submuscular ulnar nerve transposition using the flexor-pronator Z-lengthening technique without internal neurolysis is a reliable method of treating ulnar nerve compression at the elbow. ..
- Krishnamurthy G, Krishnamurthy S, Brown P. Constancy and variability of gallbladder ejection fraction: impact on diagnosis and therapy. J Nucl Med. 2004;45:1872-7 pubmed
- Christoforidis G, Mohammad Y, Kehagias D, Avutu B, Slivka A. Angiographic assessment of pial collaterals as a prognostic indicator following intra-arterial thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2005;26:1789-97 pubmed..Thrombolytic treatment appears to have a greater clinical impact in those patients with better pial collateral formation. ..
- Clayton M. How should we achieve high-quality reporting of statistics in scientific journals? A commentary on "Guidelines for reporting statistics in journals published by the American Physiological Society". Adv Physiol Educ. 2007;31:302-4; discussion 306-7 pubmed
- Hanford A, Long L. The direct simulation of acoustics on Earth, Mars, and Titan. J Acoust Soc Am. 2009;125:640-50 pubmed publisher..Despite large computation time and memory requirements, DSMC is the method best suited to study high altitude effects or where continuum theory is not valid. ..
- Liu Y, Thyagarajan B, Lakshmipathy U, Xue H, Lieu P, Fontes A, et al. Generation of platform human embryonic stem cell lines that allow efficient targeting at a predetermined genomic location. Stem Cells Dev. 2009;18:1459-72 pubmed publisher..The system described here represents a method to rapidly assemble complex plasmid-based assay systems, controllably insert them into the hESC genome, and have them actively express in undifferentiated as well as in differentiated cells. ..
- DeBarber A, Connor W, Pappu A, Merkens L, Steiner R. ESI-MS/MS quantification of 7alpha-hydroxy-4-cholesten-3-one facilitates rapid, convenient diagnostic testing for cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis. Clin Chim Acta. 2010;411:43-8 pubmed publisher..Development of ESI-MS/MS methodology should make CTX testing more widely available and facilitate easier diagnosis of CTX. ..
- Carr A, Wolfaardt J, Garrett N. Capturing patient benefits of treatment. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2011;26 Suppl:85-92; discussion 101-2 pubmed
- Wang Memoli J, Nietert P, Silvestri G. Meta-analysis of guided bronchoscopy for the evaluation of the pulmonary nodule. Chest. 2012;142:385-393 pubmed publisher..Guided bronchoscopy may be an alternative or be complementary to TTNA for tissue sampling of PN, but further study is needed to determine its role in the evaluation of peripheral pulmonary lesions. ..
- Zhou X, Levin E, Pan Y, McCoy J, Sharma R, Kloss B, et al. Structural basis of the alternating-access mechanism in a bile acid transporter. Nature. 2014;505:569-73 pubmed publisher..This result has implications for the location and orientation of the bile acid during transport, as well as for the translocation pathway for Na(+). ..