Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on reference standards in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: reference standards
Publications123 found, 100 shown here
- Nakhleh R. Error reduction in surgical pathology. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2006;130:630-2 pubmed..Incremental adoption of information technology and automation along with improved training in patient safety and quality management can help reduce errors. ..
- Eton D, Bauer B, Sood A, Yost K, Sloan J. Patient-reported outcomes in studies of complementary and alternative medicine: problems, solutions, and future directions. Explore (NY). 2011;7:314-9 pubmed publisher..Increased standardization of outcome measurement in CAM studies will allow for more cross-study comparisons and facilitate the statistical pooling of results, ultimately leading to a more informative evidence base. ..
- Sun Y, Li Y, Luo D, Liao D. Pseudogenes as weaknesses of ACTB (Actb) and GAPDH (Gapdh) used as reference genes in reverse transcription and polymerase chain reactions. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41659 pubmed publisher..We also propose a standard operation procedure in which design of primers for RT-PCR starts from avoiding mis-priming PGs and all primers need be tested for specificity with both cDNA and gDNA. ..
- Coffman V, Wu J. Counting protein molecules using quantitative fluorescence microscopy. Trends Biochem Sci. 2012;37:499-506 pubmed publisher..We also highlight new counting methods that could become widely available in the future. ..
- Yarrow J, Beck D, Conover C, Beggs L, Goldberger B, Borst S. Invalidation of a commercially available human 5?-dihydrotestosterone immunoassay. Steroids. 2013;78:1220-5 pubmed publisher..The cross-reactivity of testosterone is particularly concerning because testsoterone is present in 100-fold greater concentrations than is DHT within the circulation. ..
- DeBarber A, Luo J, Star Weinstock M, Purkayastha S, Geraghty M, Chiang J, et al. A blood test for cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis with potential for disease detection in newborns. J Lipid Res. 2014;55:146-54 pubmed publisher..Early detection and intervention through newborn screening would greatly benefit those affected with CTX by preventing morbidity and mortality. ..
- Lien S, Koop B, Sandve S, Miller J, Kent M, Nome T, et al. The Atlantic salmon genome provides insights into rediploidization. Nature. 2016;533:200-5 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate that the Atlantic salmon assembly can serve as a reference sequence for the study of other salmonids for a range of purposes. ..
- Cruz J, Becker B, Morris K, Larive C. NMR characterization of the host-guest inclusion complex between beta-cyclodextrin and doxepin. Magn Reson Chem. 2008;46:838-45 pubmed publisher..Changes in the doxepin (1)H NMR spectrum and the behavior of ROESY exchange cross peaks suggest that inclusion complex formation decreases the rate of internal motions of doxepin. ..
- Kim J, Monroe M, Camp D, Smith R, Qian W. In-source fragmentation and the sources of partially tryptic peptides in shotgun proteomics. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:910-6 pubmed publisher..Our work also provides a method to identify such proteolytic-derived partially tryptic peptides due to endogenous proteases in the samples by removing in-source fragmentation artifacts from the identified peptides. ..
- Ravenel J, Leue W, Nietert P, Miller J, Taylor K, Silvestri G. Pulmonary nodule volume: effects of reconstruction parameters on automated measurements--a phantom study. Radiology. 2008;247:400-8 pubmed publisher..A section thickness that enables the acquisition of at least three measurements along the z-axis should be used to measure the volumes of larger pulmonary nodules. ..
- Lockhart C, MacDonald L, Alessio A, McDougald W, Doot R, Kinahan P. Quantifying and reducing the effect of calibration error on variability of PET/CT standardized uptake value measurements. J Nucl Med. 2011;52:218-24 pubmed publisher..The procedures proposed here reduce the impact of operator error on scanner calibration and thereby minimize longitudinal variability in standardized uptake value measurements. ..
- Ward D. A study of dentists' preferred maxillary anterior tooth width proportions: comparing the recurring esthetic dental proportion to other mathematical and naturally occurring proportions. J Esthet Restor Dent. 2007;19:324-37; discussion 338-9 pubmed..Applying the golden proportion universally in smile design should be reconsidered as it was found to be the least pleasing and accepted in this study for normal-length teeth. ..
- Liu J, Ochieng C, Wiersma S, StrÃ¶her U, Towner J, Whitmer S, et al. Development of a TaqMan Array Card for Acute-Febrile-Illness Outbreak Investigation and Surveillance of Emerging Pathogens, Including Ebola Virus. J Clin Microbiol. 2016;54:49-58 pubmed publisher..This TaqMan array card can be used in field settings as a rapid screen for outbreak investigation or for the surveillance of pathogens, including Ebola virus. ..
- Guo Y, Pennell M, Pearl D, Knobloch T, Fernandez S, Weghorst C. The choice of reference gene affects statistical efficiency in quantitative PCR data analysis. Biotechniques. 2013;55:207-9 pubmed publisher..We also provide a formula for determining when data normalization will improve statistical efficiency and hence increase the power of statistical tests in data analysis. ..
- Piehowski P, Petyuk V, Orton D, Xie F, Moore R, Ramirez Restrepo M, et al. Sources of technical variability in quantitative LC-MS proteomics: human brain tissue sample analysis. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:2128-37 pubmed publisher..4%) > digestion (3.1%). Furthermore, the stability of the platform and its suitability for discovery proteomics studies is demonstrated. ..
- Kucklick J, Tuerk K, Vander Pol S, Schantz M, Wise S. Polybrominated diphenyl ether congeners and toxaphene in selected marine standard reference materials. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2004;378:1147-51 pubmed..The values for PBDEs and toxaphene determined in the SRMs, while not certified, indicate that the SRMs will be suitable control materials for PBDE and toxaphene analyses. ..
- Miclaus K, Chierici M, Lambert C, Zhang L, Vega S, Hong H, et al. Variability in GWAS analysis: the impact of genotype calling algorithm inconsistencies. Pharmacogenomics J. 2010;10:324-35 pubmed publisher..Further work using HapMap samples shows that inconsistencies between Affymetrix arrays and calling algorithms can lead to genotyping errors that influence downstream analysis. ..
- Rickert C, Proenza C. ParamAP: Standardized Parameterization of Sinoatrial Node Myocyte Action Potentials. Biophys J. 2017;113:765-769 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ParamAP is a powerful computational tool that facilitates quantitative analysis and enables comparison of sinoatrial APs by standardizing parameter definitions and providing an automated work flow. ..
- Szostek B, Orska Gawryś J, Surowiec I, Trojanowicz M. Investigation of natural dyes occurring in historical Coptic textiles by high-performance liquid chromatography with UV-Vis and mass spectrometric detection. J Chromatogr A. 2003;1012:179-92 pubmed..Purpurin, alizarin, and indirubin showed similar signal-to-noise ratios for UV-Vis and mass spectrometric detection. ..
- Ondracek R, Parker F, Allen A, Davis W, Ray M, McCann W, et al. Standardization of nuclear morphometry-based biomarkers. Anal Quant Cytol Histol. 2007;29:309-16 pubmed..Our major test of standardization utility is the ability of the variables to deemphasize interindividual differences within diagnostic categories but to distinguish between diagnostic categories. ..
- Kumar V, Mostafa S, Kayo M, Goldberg E, Derendorf H. HPLC determination of dexamethasone in human plasma and its application to an in vitro release study from endovascular stents. Pharmazie. 2006;61:908-11 pubmed..The method was used to determine dexamethasone release from different material coated endoluminal vascular stents in in vitro human plasma experiments. The results were useful in identifying a good coating material for the stents...
- Kandoussi H, Jiang H, Zeng J, Zheng N, Kadiyala P, Eley T, et al. A highly sensitive and selective LC-MS/MS method to quantify asunaprevir, an HCV NS3 protease inhibitor, in human plasma in support of pharmacokinetic studies. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2016;119:145-51 pubmed publisher..1% CV, and the % deviation was within 5.5% of their nominal concentrations. This assay has been successfully applied to multiple clinical studies with excellent assay ruggedness and reproducibility. ..
- Almira E, Panayotova N, Farmerie W. Capillary DNA sequencing: maximizing the sequence output. J Biomol Tech. 2003;14:270-7 pubmed..A combination of agarose and formamide-EDTA in the resuspension solution enabled us to generate long-read and high-quality sequences for more than 38,000 templates with minimal additional cost. ..
- Gerber S, Turecek F, Gelb M. Design and synthesis of substrate and internal standard conjugates for profiling enzyme activity in the Sanfilippo syndrome by affinity chromatography/electrospray ionization mass spectrometry. Bioconjug Chem. 2001;12:603-15 pubmed
- Knopman D, Parisi J, Salviati A, Floriach Robert M, Boeve B, Ivnik R, et al. Neuropathology of cognitively normal elderly. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2003;62:1087-95 pubmed..The few subjects with more severe AD pathology can be expected based on incidence rates of AD in the very elderly. ..
- Shah A, Avery B, Wyandt C. Content analysis and stability evaluation of selected commercial preparations of St. John's wort. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2005;31:907-16 pubmed..Tablet formulations were also analyzed for their hardness and friability. Stability studies revealed significant decrease in the content of the marker compounds with time. ..
- Stewart C, Bhattacharyya I, Berg K, Cohen D, Orlando C, Drew P, et al. Labial salivary gland biopsies in Sjögren's syndrome: still the gold standard?. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2008;106:392-402 pubmed publisher..Since the LSG biopsy can be the determining factor in SS diagnoses, these demonstrated inconsistencies merit further consideration. ..
- Lollis S, Mamourian A, Vaccaro T, Duhaime A. Programmable CSF shunt valves: radiographic identification and interpretation. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2010;31:1343-6 pubmed publisher..Each provided radiographic images and legends for their appropriate interpretation. Issues of MR imaging compatibility for each valve are also discussed. ..
- Rallabhandi P. Gluten and celiac disease--an immunological perspective. J AOAC Int. 2012;95:349-55 pubmed..This review focuses on various aspects of CD, and the importance of gluten thresholds and reference material from an immunological perspective. ..
- Lanekoff I, Thomas M, Laskin J. Shotgun approach for quantitative imaging of phospholipids using nanospray desorption electrospray ionization mass spectrometry. Anal Chem. 2014;86:1872-80 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, by combining the quantitative data obtained in the individual pixels, we demonstrate quantification of these PC species in seven different regions of a rat brain tissue section. ..
- Liu C, Dobhal M, Ethirajan M, Missert J, Pandey R, Balasubramanian S, et al. Highly selective synthesis of the ring-B reduced chlorins by ferric chloride-mediated oxidation of bacteriochlorins: effects of the fused imide vs isocyclic ring on photophysical and electrochemical properties. J Am Chem Soc. 2008;130:14311-23 pubmed publisher
- Deng X, Phillippy A, Li Z, Salzberg S, Zhang W. Probing the pan-genome of Listeria monocytogenes: new insights into intraspecific niche expansion and genomic diversification. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:500 pubmed publisher..Application of our method to the pan-genome of L. monocytogenes sheds new insights into the intraspecific niche expansion and evolution of this important foodborne pathogen. ..
- Sturm R, Sheynkman G, Booth C, Smith L, Pedersen J, Li L. Absolute quantification of prion protein (90-231) using stable isotope-labeled chymotryptic peptide standards in a LC-MRM AQUA workflow. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom. 2012;23:1522-33 pubmed publisher..To the authors' knowledge, this is the first report on the use of a non-tryptic peptide in a LC-MRM AQUA workflow. ..
- Wallock M, Jeske W, Bakhos M, Walenga J. Evaluation of a new point of care heparin test for cardiopulmonary bypass: the TAS heparin management test. Perfusion. 2001;16:147-53 pubmed..We conclude that the HMT correlates well with the ACT and may be useful for monitoring heparin during CPB. Advantages of the HMT are small sample volume and good sensitivity to heparin. ..
- Cheek A, King V, Burse J, Borton D, Sullivan C. Bluegill (Lepomis macrochirus) vitellogenin: purification and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of endocrine disruption by papermill effluent. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2004;137:249-60 pubmed..Development of the VTG ELISA allowed rapid and convenient analysis of plasma samples to evaluate exposure to potential endocrine disrupting compounds. ..
- Shanmukh S, Jones L, Driskell J, Zhao Y, Dluhy R, Tripp R. Rapid and sensitive detection of respiratory virus molecular signatures using a silver nanorod array SERS substrate. Nano Lett. 2006;6:2630-6 pubmed..The method provides rapid diagnostics for detection and characterization of viruses generating reproducible spectra without viral manipulation. ..
- Yang Y, Zhu M, Wu L, Zhou J. Assessment of data processing to improve reliability of microarray experiments using genomic DNA reference. BMC Genomics. 2008;9 Suppl 2:S5 pubmed publisher..This work could serve as a guideline for microarray data analysis using genomic DNA as a standard reference. ..
- Neubert H, Gale J, Muirhead D. Online high-flow peptide immunoaffinity enrichment and nanoflow LC-MS/MS: assay development for total salivary pepsin/pepsinogen. Clin Chem. 2010;56:1413-23 pubmed publisher..It bears the potential to deliver additional data on the salivary occurrence of pepsin/pepsinogen with greater confidence than previously. ..
- Barkan G, Wojcik E, Nayar R, Savic Prince S, Quek M, Kurtycz D, et al. The Paris System for Reporting Urinary Cytology: The Quest to Develop a Standardized Terminology. Acta Cytol. 2016;60:185-97 pubmed publisher..The success of TPS will depend on the pathology and urology communities working collectively to improve this seminal paradigm shift, and optimize the impact on patient care. ..
- Langemeier J, Cook S, Cook R, Rushlow K, Montelaro R, Issel C. Detection of equine infectious anemia viral RNA in plasma samples from recently infected and long-term inapparent carrier animals by PCR. J Clin Microbiol. 1996;34:1481-7 pubmed..Viral gag sequences were not detectable in this control group. These data suggest that the EIAV RT-nPCR assay effectively detects EIAV and is more sensitive than current standard methods for detection of early stages of infection...
- Daugherty A, Lu H, Howatt D, Rateri D. Modes of defining atherosclerosis in mouse models: relative merits and evolving standards. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;573:1-15 pubmed publisher..This chapter will discuss the imaging, biochemical, and compositional modes of evaluating atherosclerosis with suggestions for standard execution of these techniques. ..
- Davis P, Bravo O, Gehrke M, Azumaya C. Development and validation of an LC-MS/MS method for the determination of quetiapine and four related metabolites in human plasma. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2010;51:1113-9 pubmed publisher..4% (6.2%) for M2; and 10.0% (6.4%) for M3; and 8.6% (9.5%) for M4. This methodology enabled the determination of the pharmacokinetics of quetiapine and its metabolites in human plasma, and an example of its application is presented. ..
- Liu S, Lin L, Jiang P, Wang D, Xing Y. A comparison of RNA-Seq and high-density exon array for detecting differential gene expression between closely related species. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:578-88 pubmed publisher..These findings have important implications for the design and data interpretation of RNA-Seq studies on gene expression differences between and within species. ..
- Munigunti R, Nelson N, Mulabagal V, Gupta M, Brun R, Calderón A. Identification of oleamide in Guatteria recurvisepala by LC/MS-based Plasmodium falciparum thioredoxin reductase ligand binding method. Planta Med. 2011;77:1749-53 pubmed publisher..This is the first report on the identification of oleamide as a PfTrxR ligand from Guatteria recurvisepala R. E. Fr. and the corresponding in vitro activity against P. falciparum strain K1 (IC?? 4.29 ?g/mL)...
- Yuzyuk T, Liu A, Thomas A, Wilson J, De Biase I, Longo N, et al. A novel method for simultaneous quantification of alpha-aminoadipic semialdehyde/piperideine-6-carboxylate and pipecolic acid in plasma and urine. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1017-1018:145-152 pubmed publisher..This novel method for the simultaneous quantification of AASA-P6C and PA in plasma and urine can be used in a clinical laboratory setting for the diagnosis and monitoring of patients with PDE. ..
- Kleman Leyer K, Klink T, Kopp A, Westermeyer T, Koeff M, Larson B, et al. Characterization and optimization of a red-shifted fluorescence polarization ADP detection assay. Assay Drug Dev Technol. 2009;7:56-67 pubmed publisher..The Transcreener ADP assay provides a simple, generic assay platform for inhibitor screening and selectivity profiling that can be used for any ADP-generating enzyme. ..
- Gulig P, De Crecy Lagard V, Wright A, Walts B, Telonis Scott M, McIntyre L. SOLiD sequencing of four Vibrio vulnificus genomes enables comparative genomic analysis and identification of candidate clade-specific virulence genes. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:512 pubmed publisher..Genomic comparisons also point toward the involvement of sialic acid catabolism in pathogenesis. ..
- Krabel B, Dickson D, Zimmermann A, Coleman M. Liquid chromatographic determination of nicarbazin in feeds. J AOAC Int. 2000;83:1027-38 pubmed..Recovery was 99.1%, with a range of 95.2 to 101.8%. In the typical U.S. dosing range of 27 to 113.5 g/ton, the precision of the method based on one analyst, one day, and 2 weighings ranged from 2.8% (113.5 g/ton) to 4.7% (27 g/ton)...
- Firestone A, Beck F, Beglin F, Vig K. Validity of the Index of Complexity, Outcome, and Need (ICON) in determining orthodontic treatment need. Angle Orthod. 2002;72:15-20 pubmed..There was agreement between the expert panel and the index in 155 of the 170 cases. These results support the use of the ICON as a validated index of orthodontic treatment need. ..
- Turkstra L, Coelho C, Ylvisaker M. The use of standardized tests for individuals with cognitive-communication disorders. Semin Speech Lang. 2005;26:215-22 pubmed..The article concludes with the identification of areas in which instruments and additional normative data are needed...
- Jiang H, Li Y, Pelzer M, Cannon M, Randlett C, Junga H, et al. Determination of molindone enantiomers in human plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry using macrocyclic antibiotic chiral stationary phases. J Chromatogr A. 2008;1192:230-8 pubmed publisher..6% and RE <or=5.0% for molindone enantiomer 2, respectively. This validated method could be used for the determination of individual molindone enantiomer in human plasma samples from clinical studies. ..
- Holmes S, Micka J, DeWerd L. Ophthalmic applicators: an overview of calibrations following the change to SI units. Med Phys. 2009;36:1473-7 pubmed..Values ranged from -49% to +42%. ..
- Arnold S, Stevison F, Isoherranen N. Impact of Sample Matrix on Accuracy of Peptide Quantification: Assessment of Calibrator and Internal Standard Selection and Method Validation. Anal Chem. 2016;88:746-53 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that different sample matrices have peptide, time, and matrix specific effects on protein digestion and absolute quantification. ..
- Tai H, Osiewicz R, Bofinger D. A salt-free isocratic high-pressure liquid chromatographic method for the quantitation of benzodiazepines in serum. Clin Biochem. 1993;26:165-71 pubmed..The advantage of this method is that it uses a salt-free isocratic mobile phase that can be easily manipulated to effect difficult benzodiazepine separations. ..
- Stern A, Korn L, Ruppel B. Estimation of fish consumption and methylmercury intake in the New Jersey population. J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol. 1996;6:503-25 pubmed..Because of uncertainty associated with the Reference Doses, exceeding the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency guidelines does not necessarily correspond to adverse effects on consumers or their fetuses. ..
- Gutheil W, Stefanova M, Nicholas R. Fluorescent coupled enzyme assays for D-alanine: application to penicillin-binding protein and vancomycin activity assays. Anal Biochem. 2000;287:196-202 pubmed..coli PBP 5 activity during the dilution necessary prior to its use in the highly sensitive fluorescent assays. These assays were then demonstrated for characterization of vancomycin binding to a D-Ala-D-Ala-based substrate. ..
- Paul P, Apgar J. Single-molecule dilution and multiple displacement amplification for molecular haplotyping. Biotechniques. 2005;38:553-4, 556, 558-9 pubmed..Single-molecule dilution was followed by strand displacement amplification to expand separated alleles to microgram quantities of DNA for more efficient haplotype analysis of heterozygous genes. ..
- Isaacson C, Usenko C, Tanguay R, Field J. Quantification of fullerenes by LC/ESI-MS and its application to in vivo toxicity assays. Anal Chem. 2007;79:9091-7 pubmed..A lethal concentration that caused 50% mortality was determined to be 130 microg/L and was associated with a zebrafish embryo concentration, LD50, of 0.079 microg/g of embryo...
- Collison M. Determination of total soy isoflavones in dietary supplements, supplement ingredients, and soy foods by high-performance liquid chromatography with ultraviolet detection: collaborative study. J AOAC Int. 2008;91:489-500 pubmed..6. This sample was deemed to be below the usable range of the method. The method provides accurate and precise results for analysis of soy isoflavones in dietary supplements and soy foods. ..
- Xun Z, Kaufman T, Clemmer D. Proteome response to the panneural expression of human wild-type alpha-synuclein: a Drosophila model of Parkinson's disease. J Proteome Res. 2008;7:3911-21 pubmed publisher..The observed alterations in both pathology-associated and novel proteins may shed light on the pathological roles of alpha-synuclein that may lead to the development of diagnostic strategies at the presymptomatic stage. ..
- Yocum A, McCoy S, Bjornson K, Mullens P, Burton G. Reliability and validity of the standing heel-rise test. Phys Occup Ther Pediatr. 2010;30:190-204 pubmed publisher..56 to 0.66) provide evidence of convergent validity. The results indicate that the standardized protocol is both reliable and valid for use in 5- to 12-year-old children with and without plantar flexion weakness...
- Wentworth A, Yiannias J, Keeling J, Hall M, Camilleri M, Drage L, et al. Trends in patch-test results and allergen changes in the standard series: a Mayo Clinic 5-year retrospective review (January 1, 2006, to December 31, 2010). J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014;70:269-75.e4 pubmed publisher..Patch testing is essential for identification of culprits causing allergic contact dermatitis...
- Weykamp C, Wielders J, Helander A, Anton R, Bianchi V, Jeppsson J, et al. Harmonization of measurement results of the alcohol biomarker carbohydrate-deficient transferrin by use of the toolbox of technical procedures of the International Consortium for Harmonization of Clinical Laboratory Results. Clin Chem. 2014;60:945-53 pubmed publisher..We propose the cRMP as a candidate international conventional reference measurement procedure and cRMs as candidate international calibrators. ..
- Harpaz R, Odgers D, Gaskin G, DuMouchel W, Winnenburg R, Bodenreider O, et al. A time-indexed reference standard of adverse drug reactions. Sci Data. 2014;1:140043 pubmed publisher..We provide usage guidance and empirical support for the reference standard by applying it to analyze two data sources commonly mined for drug safety surveillance. ..
- Zhou Z, Cong P, Tian Y, Zhu Y. Using RNA-seq data to select reference genes for normalizing gene expression in apple roots. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185288 pubmed publisher..Depending on the experimental conditions, the most suitable reference genes can be specific to the sample of interest for more reliable RT-qPCR data normalization...
- Woodward H, Ridenour T, Dean R, Woodcock R. Generalizability of sensory and motor tests. Int J Neurosci. 2002;112:1115-37 pubmed..Results suggested adequate to excellent rater agreement and reliability. Specific minor modifications are recommended to improve the reliability of these tests. ..
- Baer D. Saving laboratory records: what, how, how long?. MLO Med Lab Obs. 2004;36:10-1, 14-6; quiz 18-20 pubmed
- Trujillo W, Sorenson W, Laluzerne P, Scheuerell C. Comparison of various dilutions and solid-phase extraction cleanup on the determination of ephedrine-type alkaloids and internal standard recovery in ephedra botanical raw material and powdered extract. J AOAC Int. 2005;88:1028-47 pubmed..It is also recommended that the SPE column used should be evaluated on its need for the sample dilutions made to fit the newly recommended standard graph...
- Harvey J, Harr K, Murphy D, Walsh M, Chittick E, Bonde R, et al. Clinical biochemistry in healthy manatees (Trichechus manatus latirostris). J Zoo Wildl Med. 2007;38:269-79 pubmed..Plasma total CO2 was higher and chloride was slightly lower in females than in males...
- Jiang H, Randlett C, Junga H, Jiang X, Ji Q. Using supported liquid extraction together with cellobiohydrolase chiral stationary phases-based liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometry for enantioselective determination of acebutolol and its active metabolite diacetolol in spiked human. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2009;877:173-80 pubmed publisher..5% relative standard deviation (R.S.D.) and -8.7 to 5.6% relative error (R.E.) for individual AC and DC enantiomers...
- Ohrbach R, Turner J, Sherman J, Mancl L, Truelove E, Schiffman E, et al. The Research Diagnostic Criteria for Temporomandibular Disorders. IV: evaluation of psychometric properties of the Axis II measures. J Orofac Pain. 2010;24:48-62 pubmed..To evaluate the psychometric properties of the Research Diagnostic Criteria for Temporomandibular Disorders (RDC/TMD) biobehavioral (Axis II) screening instruments...
- Da Costa J, Fox P, Ferracane J. Comparison of various resin composite shades and layering technique with a shade guide. J Esthet Restor Dent. 2010;22:114-24 pubmed publisher..As demonstrated in this study, only a few composites matched the corresponding Vita shade guide tabs. (J Esthet Restor Dent 22:114-126, 2010). ..
- Ohrbach R. Assessment and further development of RDC/TMD Axis II biobehavioural instruments: a research programme progress report. J Oral Rehabil. 2010;37:784-98 pubmed publisher..These results also provide strong evidence supporting the future growth of the biobehavioural domain as the RDC/TMD matures into subsequent protocols for both clinical and research applications. ..
- Pickhardt P, Lee L, del Rio A, Lauder T, Bruce R, Summers R, et al. Simultaneous screening for osteoporosis at CT colonography: bone mineral density assessment using MDCT attenuation techniques compared with the DXA reference standard. J Bone Miner Res. 2011;26:2194-203 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that both phantomless QCT and simple ROI attenuation measurements of the lumbar spine are effective for BMD screening at CTC with high sensitivity for osteoporosis, as defined by the DXA T-score. ..
- Collyar D. Biospecimens and people: a fundamental connection. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 2011;2011:41-2 pubmed publisher..Definitions of biospecimens and the importance to the research community and the public are included, as are conditions that caused the impetus of the caHUB. ..
- Fulton R, Confer A. Laboratory test descriptions for bovine respiratory disease diagnosis and their strengths and weaknesses: gold standards for diagnosis, do they exist?. Can Vet J. 2012;53:754-61 pubmed..The rate of development and use of molecular diagnostic tests have outpaced validation, standardization, and standards for interpretation relative to their use in BRD diagnostics...
- Hou G, Paramasivam S, Yan S, Polenova T, Vega A. Multidimensional magic angle spinning NMR spectroscopy for site-resolved measurement of proton chemical shift anisotropy in biological solids. J Am Chem Soc. 2013;135:1358-68 pubmed publisher..This approach is generally suited for recording proton CSA parameters in various biological and organic systems, including protein assemblies and nucleic acids. ..
- Hong K, Li Q, Guo Y, Patton N, Moktar A, Bhatnagar A, et al. A highly sensitive and accurate method to quantify absolute numbers of c-kit+ cardiac stem cells following transplantation in mice. Basic Res Cardiol. 2013;108:346 pubmed publisher..This new quantitative method of stem cell detection, which enables measurement of absolute cell number, should be useful to optimize cell-based therapies, not only for CSCs but also for other stem cells and other organs. ..
- Lee C, Paull T, Person M. Proteome-wide detection and quantitative analysis of irreversible cysteine oxidation using long column UPLC-pSRM. J Proteome Res. 2013;12:4302-15 pubmed publisher..These methods are suitable for proteome-wide studies, providing a highly sensitive, straightforward approach to identify proteins containing redox-sensitive cysteine thiols in biological systems. ..
- Styer L, Miller T, Parker M. Validation and clinical use of a sensitive HIV-2 viral load assay that uses a whole virus internal control. J Clin Virol. 2013;58 Suppl 1:e127-33 pubmed publisher..We developed a sensitive and accurate HIV-2 viral load assay. Validation data indicate the assay is suitable for clinical use and its availability in New York State will improve clinical monitoring of HIV-2 infected patients. ..
- Lavange L, Davis S, Hankinson J, Enright P, Wilson R, Barr R, et al. Spirometry Reference Equations from the HCHS/SOL (Hispanic Community Health Study/Study of Latinos). Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017;196:993-1003 pubmed publisher..Reference equations have been established for Mexican Americans but not for others with Hispanic/Latino backgrounds...
- Leggett R. Reliability of the ICRP's dose coefficients for members of the public. III. Plutonium as a case study of uncertainties in the systemic biokinetics of radionuclides. Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 2003;106:103-20 pubmed..g., various ages) or to times outside the period of observation...
- Ladziata U, Koposov A, Lo K, Willging J, Nemykin V, Zhdankin V. Synthesis, structure, and chemoselective reactivity of N-(2-iodylphenyl)acylamides: hypervalent iodine reagents bearing a pseudo-six-membered ring scaffold. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2005;44:7127-31 pubmed