Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on recombinant proteins in Germany
Topic: recombinant proteins
Publications345 found, 100 shown here
- Failer B, Braun N, Zimmermann H. Cloning, expression, and functional characterization of a Ca(2+)-dependent endoplasmic reticulum nucleoside diphosphatase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36978-86 pubmed..Ca(2+)-dependent nucleoside diphosphatase may support glycosylation reactions related to quality control in the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Tauch A, G tker S, P hler A, Kalinowski J, Thierbach G. The alanine racemase gene alr is an alternative to antibiotic resistance genes in cloning systems for industrial Corynebacterium glutamicum strains. J Biotechnol. 2002;99:79-91 pubmed..glutamicum strains. In an application example, the novel deltaalr host-alr(+) vector-system for C. glutamicum was used to overproduce the vitamin D-pantothenic acid...
- Chubanov V, Waldegger S, Mederos y Schnitzler M, Vitzthum H, Sassen M, Seyberth H, et al. Disruption of TRPM6/TRPM7 complex formation by a mutation in the TRPM6 gene causes hypomagnesemia with secondary hypocalcemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:2894-9 pubmed..Together, our data suggest an important contribution of TRPM6/TRPM7 heterooligomerization for the biological role of TRPM6 in epithelial magnesium absorption. ..
- Bödding M, Flockerzi V. Ca2+ dependence of the Ca2+-selective TRPV6 channel. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36546-52 pubmed..In summary, no constitutive open TRPV6 channels were detected in patch-clamp experiments from transfected HEK cells. However, channel activity is highly regulated by intracellular and extracellular divalent cations. ..
- Wennerhold J, Krug A, Bott M. The AraC-type regulator RipA represses aconitase and other iron proteins from Corynebacterium under iron limitation and is itself repressed by DtxR. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:40500-8 pubmed publisher..The modulation of the intracellular iron usage by RipA supplements mechanisms for iron acquisition that are directly regulated by DtxR...
- Wegscheid B, Condon C, Hartmann R. Type A and B RNase P RNAs are interchangeable in vivo despite substantial biophysical differences. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:411-7 pubmed
- Röhlk C, Rohlfs M, Leier S, Schliwa M, Liu X, Parsch J, et al. Properties of the Kinesin-1 motor DdKif3 from Dictyostelium discoideum. Eur J Cell Biol. 2008;87:237-49 pubmed..Despite a similar phylogenetic distance to both metazoa and fungi, in terms of its biochemical properties DdKif3 revealed a closer similarity to fungal than animal kinesins. ..
- Maier S, Paulsson M, Hartmann U. The widely expressed extracellular matrix protein SMOC-2 promotes keratinocyte attachment and migration. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:2477-87 pubmed publisher..The calcium-binding domain also stimulated migration, but not proliferation of keratinocyte-like HaCaT cells. We conclude that SMOC-2, like other members of the BM40/SPARC family, acts as a regulator of cell-matrix interactions. ..
- Gebauer J, Keene D, Olsen B, Sorokin L, Paulsson M, Wagener R. Mouse AMACO, a kidney and skin basement membrane associated molecule that mediates RGD-dependent cell attachment. Matrix Biol. 2009;28:456-62 pubmed publisher..However, the loss of cell adhesion to the C-terminal part of the human AMACO, due to the unique absence of an RGD sequence in the human protein, suggests that cell adhesion is not AMACO's major function. ..
- Borte S, Pan Hammarstrom Q, Liu C, Sack U, Borte M, Wagner U, et al. Interleukin-21 restores immunoglobulin production ex vivo in patients with common variable immunodeficiency and selective IgA deficiency. Blood. 2009;114:4089-98 pubmed publisher..Thus, our work provides an initial basis for a potential therapeutic role of IL-21 to reconstitute immunoglobulin production in CVID and IgAD. ..
- Loers G, Cui Y, Neumaier I, Schachner M, Skerra A. A Fab fragment directed against the neural cell adhesion molecule L1 enhances functional recovery after injury of the adult mouse spinal cord. Biochem J. 2014;460:437-46 pubmed publisher..Stimulation of endogenous L1 by application of the ?L1 Fab opens new avenues for recombinant antibody technology, offering prospects for therapeutic applications after traumatic nervous system lesions. ..
- Herranz Diez C, Mas Moruno C, Neubauer S, Kessler H, Gil F, Pegueroles M, et al. Tuning Mesenchymal Stem Cell Response onto Titanium-Niobium-Hafnium Alloy by Recombinant Fibronectin Fragments. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2016;8:2517-25 pubmed publisher..These results are significant for the understanding of the role of fibronectin recombinant fragments in cell responses and thus to design bioactive coatings for biomedical applications. ..
- Knauf M, Lohr F, Curley G, O FARRELL P, Mayhew S, Muller F, et al. Homonuclear and heteronuclear NMR studies of oxidized Desulfovibrio vulgaris flavodoxin. Sequential assignments and identification of secondary structure elements. Eur J Biochem. 1993;213:167-84 pubmed..Several proton resonances of the bound flavin mononucleotide cofactor have been assigned. NOE contacts between the prosthetic group and the apoprotein have been detected. ..
- Lucka L, Cichocka I, Bäumler K, Bechler K, Reutter W. A short isoform of carcinoembryonic-antigen-related rat liver cell-cell adhesion molecule (C-CAM/gp110) mediates intercellular adhesion. Sequencing and recombinant functional analysis. Eur J Biochem. 1995;234:527-35 pubmed..In these cells, we detected a specific increase of intercellular adhesion, indicating that, in contrast to the other short isoform, C-CAM2a can induce adhesion. This adhesion is homophilic and Ca2+ independent. ..
- Perzl M, Muller P, Poralla K, Kannenberg E. Squalene-hopene cyclase from Bradyrhizobium japonicum: cloning, expression, sequence analysis and comparison to other triterpenoid cyclases. Microbiology. 1997;143 ( Pt 4):1235-42 pubmed..The 3'-end of this ORF from B. japonicum overlaps with 13 bp at the 5'-end of shc. The close proximity of this ORF to shc suggests that shc and this ORF may be part of an operon. ..
- Teigelkamp S, Mundt C, Achsel T, Will C, Luhrmann R. The human U5 snRNP-specific 100-kD protein is an RS domain-containing, putative RNA helicase with significant homology to the yeast splicing factor Prp28p. RNA. 1997;3:1313-26 pubmed
- Schonherr E, Broszat M, Brandan E, Bruckner P, Kresse H. Decorin core protein fragment Leu155-Val260 interacts with TGF-beta but does not compete for decorin binding to type I collagen. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1998;355:241-8 pubmed..Thus, decorin may play a biological role in storing this cytokine temporarily in the extracellular matrix and in thereby modulating an interaction of TGF-beta with its signaling receptors. ..
- Weining K, Sick C, Kaspers B, Staeheli P. A chicken homolog of mammalian interleukin-1 beta: cDNA cloning and purification of active recombinant protein. Eur J Biochem. 1998;258:994-1000 pubmed..Purified His-ChIL-1 beta potently induced CXC chemokine RNA synthesis in CEC-32 cells. When injected intravenously into adult chickens, it quickly induced a transient increase in serum corticosterone levels. ..
- Grosse C, Grass G, Anton A, Franke S, Santos A, Lawley B, et al. Transcriptional organization of the czc heavy-metal homeostasis determinant from Alcaligenes eutrophus. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:2385-93 pubmed
- Lipps G, Krauss G. Adenylosuccinate synthase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae: homologous overexpression, purification and characterization of the recombinant protein. Biochem J. 1999;341 ( Pt 3):537-43 pubmed..Another unusual feature of the enzyme from S. cerevisiae is its negligible inhibition by adenine nucleotides and its pronounced inhibition by Cl(-) ions. ..
- Zhu X, Netzer R, Bohlke K, Liu Q, Pongs O. Structural and functional characterization of Kv6.2 a new gamma-subunit of voltage-gated potassium channel. Receptors Channels. 1999;6:337-50 pubmed..1/Kv6.2 channels was their submicromolar sensitivity to the antiarrhythmic drug propafenone. The data suggest that delayed-rectifier type channels containing Kv6.2 subunits may contribute to cardiac action potential repolarization. ..
- Klatt A, Nitsche D, Kobbe B, Morgelin M, Paulsson M, Wagener R. Molecular structure and tissue distribution of matrilin-3, a filament-forming extracellular matrix protein expressed during skeletal development. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:3999-4006 pubmed..In trachea and in costal cartilage of adult mice, an expression was seen in the perichondrium. Furthermore, matrilin-3 is found in bone, and its expression is, therefore, not restricted to chondroblasts and chondrocytes. ..
- Lee J, Klusener B, Tsiamis G, Stevens C, Neyt C, Tampakaki A, et al. HrpZ(Psph) from the plant pathogen Pseudomonas syringae pv. phaseolicola binds to lipid bilayers and forms an ion-conducting pore in vitro. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:289-94 pubmed publisher..Such pore-forming activity may allow nutrient release and/or delivery of virulence factors during bacterial colonization of host plants...
- Blusch J, Seelmeir S, von der Helm K. Molecular and enzymatic characterization of the porcine endogenous retrovirus protease. J Virol. 2002;76:7913-7 pubmed..Among the known retroviral proteases, the PERV proteases resemble most closely the protease of the murine leukemia retrovirus. ..
- Brötz Oesterhelt H, Knezevic I, Bartel S, Lampe T, Warnecke Eberz U, Ziegelbauer K, et al. Specific and potent inhibition of NAD+-dependent DNA ligase by pyridochromanones. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:39435-42 pubmed
- Johnsen U, Sch nheit P. Novel xylose dehydrogenase in the halophilic archaeon Haloarcula marismortui. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:6198-207 pubmed publisher..marismortui. Thus, we propose that this first characterized archaeal xylose dehydrogenase catalyzes the initial step in xylose degradation by H. marismortui...
- Schilling S, Cynis H, von Bohlen A, Hoffmann T, Wermann M, Heiser U, et al. Isolation, catalytic properties, and competitive inhibitors of the zinc-dependent murine glutaminyl cyclase. Biochemistry. 2005;44:13415-24 pubmed..Apparently, during evolution from an ancestral protease, a switch occurred in the catalytic mechanism which is mainly based on a loss of one metal binding site. ..
- Wellmann F, Griesser M, Schwab W, Martens S, Eisenreich W, Matern U, et al. Anthocyanidin synthase from Gerbera hybrida catalyzes the conversion of (+)-catechin to cyanidin and a novel procyanidin. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:1642-8 pubmed..Moreover, the enzymatic dimerization of catechin monomers is reported for the first time suggesting a role for ANS beyond the oxidation of leucocyanidins. ..
- Weyand S, Kefala G, Weiss M. The three-dimensional structure of N-succinyldiaminopimelate aminotransferase from Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Mol Biol. 2007;367:825-38 pubmed..Last, but not least, a chloride binding helix exhibiting a peculiar amino acid sequence with a number of exposed hydrophobic side-chains was identified, which may be hypothesized as a putative docking site. ..
- Thoms B, Borchers I, Wackernagel W. Effects of single-strand DNases ExoI, RecJ, ExoVII, and SbcCD on homologous recombination of recBCD+ strains of Escherichia coli and roles of SbcB15 and XonA2 ExoI mutant enzymes. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:179-92 pubmed..DNA end binding by SbcB15 can also explain other specific phenotypes of strains with sbcB15. ..
- Hamzavi J, Ehnert S, Godoy P, Ciuclan L, Weng H, Mertens P, et al. Disruption of the Smad7 gene enhances CCI4-dependent liver damage and fibrogenesis in mice. J Cell Mol Med. 2008;12:2130-44 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Smad7 mediates a protective effect from adverse TGF-beta signalling in damaged liver, re-iterating its negative regulatory loop on signalling. ..
- Brodhun F, Gobel C, Hornung E, Feussner I. Identification of PpoA from Aspergillus nidulans as a fusion protein of a fatty acid heme dioxygenase/peroxidase and a cytochrome P450. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:11792-805 pubmed publisher..We identify PpoA as a bifunctional P450 fusion protein that uses a previously unknown reaction mechanism for forming psi factors. ..
- Böer E, Bode R, Mock H, Piontek M, Kunze G. Atan1p-an extracellular tannase from the dimorphic yeast Arxula adeninivorans: molecular cloning of the ATAN1 gene and characterization of the recombinant enzyme. Yeast. 2009;26:323-37 pubmed publisher..adeninivorans TEF1 promoter, produced levels of up to 400 U/l when grown in glucose medium in shake flasks. ..
- Jelkmann W. Biosimilar epoetins and other "follow-on" biologics: update on the European experiences. Am J Hematol. 2010;85:771-80 pubmed publisher..Only on proof of quality, efficacy and safety, biosimilars are a viable option because of their lower costs. ..
- SchÃ¼tze T, Ulrich A, Apelt L, Will C, Bartlick N, Seeger M, et al. Multiple protein-protein interactions converging on the Prp38 protein during activation of the human spliceosome. RNA. 2016;22:265-77 pubmed publisher..Our results show that human Prp38 is an unusual SR protein, whose amino-terminal domain is a multi-interface protein-protein interaction platform that might organize the relative positioning of other proteins during splicing. ..
- Dammers C, Reiss K, Gremer L, Lecher J, Ziehm T, Stoldt M, et al. Pyroglutamate-Modified Amyloid-Î²(3-42) Shows Î±-Helical Intermediates before Amyloid Formation. Biophys J. 2017;112:1621-1633 pubmed publisher..We found that these Î±-helices act as a transient intermediate to Î²-sheet and fibril formation of pEAÎ² (3-42). ..
- Schulz A, Schumann W. hrcA, the first gene of the Bacillus subtilis dnaK operon encodes a negative regulator of class I heat shock genes. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:1088-93 pubmed..Overproduction of HrcA protein prior to a heat shock almost completely prevented growth at a high temperature. These data clearly demonstrate that the hrcA product serves as a negative regulator of class I heat shock genes. ..
- Neun R, Richter M, Staeheli P, Schwemmle M. GTPase properties of the interferon-induced human guanylate-binding protein 2. FEBS Lett. 1996;390:69-72 pubmed..Thus, hGBP1 and hGBP2 have similar biochemical properties, but show pronounced differences in product specificity. ..
- Zumbansen M, Stoffel W. Tumor necrosis factor alpha activates NF-kappaB in acid sphingomyelinase-deficient mouse embryonic fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:10904-9 pubmed..TNF-alpha treatment induced the dissociation and degradation of IkappaB-alpha and the nuclear translocation of NF-kappaB in embryonic fibroblasts derived from asmase-/- and wild type mice indiscriminately. ..
- Pamnani V, Tamura T, Lupas A, Peters J, Cejka Z, Ashraf W, et al. Cloning, sequencing and expression of VAT, a CDC48/p97 ATPase homologue from the archaeon Thermoplasma acidophilum. FEBS Lett. 1997;404:263-8 pubmed..Electron microscopy shows the purified protein to form single and double homo-hexameric rings. Although the symmetry is different, the appearance of the complexes formed of two rings resembles the 20S proteasome and Hsp60/GroEL...
- Carroll P, Lewin G, Koltzenburg M, Toyka K, Thoenen H. A role for BDNF in mechanosensation. Nat Neurosci. 1998;1:42-6 pubmed..Postnatal treatment of BDNF +/- mice with recombinant BDNF completely rescued the mechanosensitivity deficit. Therefore BDNF is important for regulating SAM mechanosensitivity, independent of any survival-promoting function. ..
- Niefind K, Guerra B, Ermakowa I, Issinger O. Crystallization and preliminary characterization of crystals of human protein kinase CK2. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2000;56:1680-4 pubmed..5 A resolution. The calculated crystal packing parameter is V(M) = 3.22 A(3) Da(-1), suggesting that one CK2 tetramer is contained in the asymmetric unit and that the solvent content of the unit cell is 62%. ..
- Potrawfke T, Armengaud J, Wittich R. Chlorocatechols substituted at positions 4 and 5 are substrates of the broad-spectrum chlorocatechol 1,2-dioxygenase of Pseudomonas chlororaphis RW71. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:997-1011 pubmed..These novel characteristics of TetC thus differ significantly from results obtained from hitherto analyzed catechol 1,2-dioxygenases and chlorocatechol 1,2-dioxygenases. ..
- Schauer S, Chaturvedi S, Randau L, Moser J, Kitabatake M, Lorenz S, et al. Escherichia coli glutamyl-tRNA reductase. Trapping the thioester intermediate. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:48657-63 pubmed..Only GluTR G191D (affected in NADPH binding) revealed esterase but no reductase activity. ..
- Wienk H, Maneg O, Lücke C, Pristovsek P, Lohr F, Ludwig B, et al. Interaction of cytochrome c with cytochrome c oxidase: an NMR study on two soluble fragments derived from Paracoccus denitrificans. Biochemistry. 2003;42:6005-12 pubmed
- Cinatl J, Morgenstern B, Bauer G, Chandra P, Rabenau H, Doerr H. Treatment of SARS with human interferons. Lancet. 2003;362:293-4 pubmed..Interferon beta could be useful alone or in combination with other antiviral drugs for the treatment of SARS. ..
- Schmutzler C, Bacinski A, Gotthardt I, Huhne K, Ambrugger P, Klammer H, et al. The ultraviolet filter benzophenone 2 interferes with the thyroid hormone axis in rats and is a potent in vitro inhibitor of human recombinant thyroid peroxidase. Endocrinology. 2007;148:2835-44 pubmed..This new challenge for endocrine regulation must be considered in the context of a still prevailing iodide deficiency in many parts of the world. ..
- Osterhoff M, Heuer S, Pfeiffer M, Tasic J, Kaiser S, Isken F, et al. Identification of a functional protein kinase Cbeta promoter polymorphism in humans related to insulin resistance. Mol Genet Metab. 2008;93:210-5 pubmed
- Beier K, Volkl A, Fahimi H. TNF-alpha downregulates the peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-alpha and the mRNAs encoding peroxisomal proteins in rat liver. FEBS Lett. 1997;412:385-7 pubmed..This effect may have important implications in perturbation of the lipid metabolism induced by TNF-alpha. ..
- Haberland J, Gerke V. Conserved charged residues in the leucine-rich repeat domain of the Ran GTPase activating protein are required for Ran binding and GTPase activation. Biochem J. 1999;343 Pt 3:653-62 pubmed..This indicates that RanGAP-stimulated GTP hydrolysis on Ran does not involve a catalytic arginine residue but requires certain charged residues of the LRR domain of the GAP for mediating the protein-protein interaction. ..
- Brabetz W, M ller Loennies S, Brade H. 3-Deoxy-D-manno-oct-2-ulosonic acid (Kdo) transferase (WaaA) and kdo kinase (KdkA) of Haemophilus influenzae are both required to complement a waaA knockout mutation of Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:34954-62 pubmed publisher..The structure was determined by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy of deacylated LPS. Therefore, the reaction products of both cloned Kdo kinases represent only one of the two chemical structures synthesized by H. influenzae I69...
- Piotrowski M, Schönfelder S, Weiler E. The Arabidopsis thaliana isogene NIT4 and its orthologs in tobacco encode beta-cyano-L-alanine hydratase/nitrilase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:2616-21 pubmed..NIT4 may play a role in cyanide detoxification during ethylene biosynthesis because extracts from senescent leaves of A. thaliana showed higher Ala(CN) hydratase/nitrilase activities than extracts from nonsenescent tissue. ..
- Hess J, Porte D, Munz C, Angel P. AP-1 and Cbfa/runt physically interact and regulate parathyroid hormone-dependent MMP13 expression in osteoblasts through a new osteoblast-specific element 2/AP-1 composite element. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:20029-38 pubmed
- Lu M, Lohrengel B, Hilken G, Kemper T, Roggendorf M. Woodchuck gamma interferon upregulates major histocompatibility complex class I transcription but is unable to deplete woodchuck hepatitis virus replication intermediates and RNAs in persistently infected woodchuck primary hepatocytes. J Virol. 2002;76:58-67 pubmed..It should be clarified in the future whether the continuous exposure of hepatocytes to inflammatory cytokines or the presence of viral proteins leads to changes of the cellular response to wIFN-gamma. ..
- Eiden Plach A, Zagorc T, Heintel T, Carius Y, Breinig F, Schmitt M. Viral preprotoxin signal sequence allows efficient secretion of green fluorescent protein by Candida glabrata, Pichia pastoris, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, and Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2004;70:961-6 pubmed..Taken together, our data indicate that the viral K28 pptox signal sequence has the potential for being used as a unique tool in recombinant protein production to ensure efficient protein secretion in yeast. ..
- Schulze Lefert P, Bieri S. Plant sciences. Recognition at a distance. Science. 2005;308:506-8 pubmed
- Drewlo S, Leyting S, Kokozidou M, Mallet F, Pötgens A. C-Terminal truncations of syncytin-1 (ERVWE1 envelope) that increase its fusogenicity. Biol Chem. 2006;387:1113-20 pubmed..Our results contribute to the understanding of the structure-function relationship of syncytin-1, and might have implications for the use of this molecule in gene therapy. ..
- Heine H, Gronow S, Zamyatina A, Kosma P, Brade H. Investigation on the agonistic and antagonistic biological activities of synthetic Chlamydia lipid A and its use in in vitro enzymatic assays. J Endotoxin Res. 2007;13:126-32 pubmed..coli, Chlamydia trachomatis and Chlamydophila psittaci as shown by in vitro assays and detection of the products by thin layer chromatography and immune staining with monoclonal antibody. ..
- Schmitz V, Raskopf E, Gonzalez Carmona M, Vogt A, Kornek M, Sauerbruch T, et al. Plasminogen derivatives encoding kringles 1-4 and kringles 1-5 exert indirect antiangiogenic and direct antitumoral effects in experimental lung cancer. Cancer Invest. 2008;26:464-70 pubmed publisher..In addition our data supports the recent conclusion that plasminogen derivatives have a dual antitumor mechanism affecting both tumor angiogenesis and tumor cells. ..
- Pinto Bazurco Mendieta M, Negri M, Jagusch C, Muller Vieira U, Lauterbach T, Hartmann R. Synthesis, biological evaluation, and molecular modeling of abiraterone analogues: novel CYP17 inhibitors for the treatment of prostate cancer. J Med Chem. 2008;51:5009-18 pubmed publisher..Selected compounds were also docked into our homology model, and the same binding modes as for abiraterone were found. ..
- Bonneau F, Lenherr E, Pena V, Hart D, Scheffzek K. Solubility survey of fragments of the neurofibromatosis type 1 protein neurofibromin. Protein Expr Purif. 2009;65:30-7 pubmed publisher..Our study confirms earlier notions about the challenges neurofibromin presents to the biochemist and points to strategies whereby the success rate may be enhanced in the future. ..
- Karotki L, Huiskonen J, Stefan C, ZiÃ³Å‚kowska N, Roth R, Surma M, et al. Eisosome proteins assemble into a membrane scaffold. J Cell Biol. 2011;195:889-902 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the mechanism of membrane organization by eisosomes is mediated by self-assembly of its core components into a membrane-bound protein scaffold with lipid-binding specificity. ..
- Dirks Hofmeister M, Kolkenbrock S, Moerschbacher B. Parameters that enhance the bacterial expression of active plant polyphenol oxidases. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77291 pubmed publisher..Our new system therefore provides greater opportunities for the future of research into this economically-important class of enzymes...
- Schroder S, Morris S, Knorr R, Plessmann U, Weber K, Nguyen G, et al. Primary structure of the neuronal clathrin-associated protein auxilin and its expression in bacteria. Eur J Biochem. 1995;228:297-304 pubmed..Recombinant auxilin expressed in and purified from bacteria by affinity chromatography is functional with respect to clathrin binding. ..
- Arand M, Wagner H, Oesch F. Asp333, Asp495, and His523 form the catalytic triad of rat soluble epoxide hydrolase. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:4223-9 pubmed..Mutation of Trp540 apparently had a strong effect on the protein conformation. ..
- Fischer R, Liao Y, Drossard J. Affinity-purification of a TMV-specific recombinant full-size antibody from a transgenic tobacco suspension culture. J Immunol Methods. 1999;226:1-10 pubmed
- Jedlitschky G, Burchell B, Keppler D. The multidrug resistance protein 5 functions as an ATP-dependent export pump for cyclic nucleotides. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:30069-74 pubmed..Thus, cyclic nucleotides are physiological substrates for MRP5; moreover, MRP5 may represent a novel pharmacological target for the enhancement of tissue levels of cGMP...
- Muller J, Lapko A, Bourenkov G, Ruckpaul K, Heinemann U. Adrenodoxin reductase-adrenodoxin complex structure suggests electron transfer path in steroid biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:2786-9 pubmed..The AR.Adx complex represents the first structure of a biologically relevant complex between a ferredoxin and its reductase. ..
- Kleene R, Yang H, Kutsche M, Schachner M. The neural recognition molecule L1 is a sialic acid-binding lectin for CD24, which induces promotion and inhibition of neurite outgrowth. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:21656-63 pubmed..This glycoform is excluded together with L1 from raft microdomains, suggesting that molecular compartmentation in the surface membrane could play a role in signal transduction. ..
- Ritz H, Schramek N, Bracher A, Herz S, Eisenreich W, Richter G, et al. Biosynthesis of riboflavin: studies on the mechanism of GTP cyclohydrolase II. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:22273-7 pubmed..The enzyme reaction is cooperative with a Hill coefficient of 1.3. Inhibition by pyrophosphate is competitive. Inhibition by orthophosphate is partially uncompetitive at low concentration and competitive at concentrations above 6 mm. ..
- Guo Y, Seebacher T, Kurz U, Linder J, Schultz J. Adenylyl cyclase Rv1625c of Mycobacterium tuberculosis: a progenitor of mammalian adenylyl cyclases. EMBO J. 2001;20:3667-75 pubmed..As the closest progenitor of the mammalian adenylyl cyclase family to date, the mycobacterial cyclase probably was spread by horizontal gene transfer. ..
- Kalthoff C, Alves J, Urbanke C, Knorr R, Ungewickell E. Unusual structural organization of the endocytic proteins AP180 and epsin 1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:8209-16 pubmed
- Garbe J, Göhring W, Mann K, Timpl R, Sasaki T. Complete sequence, recombinant analysis and binding to laminins and sulphated ligands of the N-terminal domains of laminin alpha3B and alpha5 chains. Biochem J. 2002;362:213-21 pubmed..These antibodies also allowed the identification of a new laminin assembly form 5B consisting of alpha3B, beta3 and gamma2 chains. ..
- Bannwarth M, Schulz G. Asymmetric conductivity of engineered porins. Protein Eng. 2002;15:799-804 pubmed..The results encourage attempts to improve the inserts in order to eventually reach diode characteristics...
- Niessen F, Hilger T, Hoehn M, Hossmann K. Thrombolytic treatment of clot embolism in rat: comparison of intra-arterial and intravenous application of recombinant tissue plasminogen activator. Stroke. 2002;33:2999-3005 pubmed..This study documents reduction of injury by rtPA treatment but does not reveal a difference between intra-arterial and intravenous application. Our data do not support an advantage of intra-arterial thrombolysis. ..
- Manuelian T, Hellwage J, Meri S, Caprioli J, Noris M, Heinen S, et al. Mutations in factor H reduce binding affinity to C3b and heparin and surface attachment to endothelial cells in hemolytic uremic syndrome. J Clin Invest. 2003;111:1181-90 pubmed
- Zameitat E, Knecht W, Piskur J, Löffler M. Two different dihydroorotate dehydrogenases from yeast Saccharomyces kluyveri. FEBS Lett. 2004;568:129-34 pubmed..Benzoates as pyrimidine ring analogs were shown to be selective inhibitors of cytosolic DHODs. This unique property of Saccharomyces DHODHs could appoint DHODH as a species-specific target for novel anti-fungal therapeutics. ..
- Windisch M, Frese M, Kaul A, Trippler M, Lohmann V, Bartenschlager R. Dissecting the interferon-induced inhibition of hepatitis C virus replication by using a novel host cell line. J Virol. 2005;79:13778-93 pubmed..Taken together, the results establish HuH6 replicon cells as a valuable tool for IFN studies and for the evaluation of antiviral compounds. ..
- Glatt H, Meinl W. Sulfotransferases and acetyltransferases in mutagenicity testing: technical aspects. Methods Enzymol. 2005;400:230-49 pubmed..We present procedures on how this can be reached in bacteria and in mammalian cell lines in culture. Furthermore, genetically manipulated mouse models are a very promising perspective for answering open questions. ..
- Reese G, Schicktanz S, Lauer I, Randow S, Luttkopf D, Vogel L, et al. Structural, immunological and functional properties of natural recombinant Pen a 1, the major allergen of Brown Shrimp, Penaeus aztecus. Clin Exp Allergy. 2006;36:517-24 pubmed..The results of the animal studies indicate that C3H/HeJ mice that were sensitized with shrimp extract in combination with cholera toxin as adjuvant may be a suitable model to study shrimp allergy. ..
- Mansfeld J, Gebauer S, Dathe K, Ulbrich Hofmann R. Secretory phospholipase A2 from Arabidopsis thaliana: insights into the three-dimensional structure and the amino acids involved in catalysis. Biochemistry. 2006;45:5687-94 pubmed..Mutagenesis of amino acids supposed to be involved in catalysis has shown that His62, the calcium-coordinating Asp63, and the above-mentioned Ser79 residue are essential for activity. ..
- Hänisch J, Wältermann M, Robenek H, Steinbüchel A. The Ralstonia eutropha H16 phasin PhaP1 is targeted to intracellular triacylglycerol inclusions in Rhodococcus opacus PD630 and Mycobacterium smegmatis mc2155, and provides an anchor to target other proteins. Microbiology. 2006;152:3271-80 pubmed..Furthermore, it was demonstrated that this non-specificity of PhaP1 can be utilized to anchor enzymically active fusion proteins to a matrix of bacterial TAG inclusions. ..
- Seitz I, Hess S, Schulz H, Eckl R, Busch G, Montens H, et al. Membrane-type serine protease-1/matriptase induces interleukin-6 and -8 in endothelial cells by activation of protease-activated receptor-2: potential implications in atherosclerosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:769-75 pubmed..MT-SP1/matriptase is expressed in monocytes, thus, interaction of monocytic MT-SP1/matriptase with endothelial PAR-2 may contribute to atherosclerosis. ..
- Teschendorf P, Albertsmeier M, Vogel P, Padosch S, Spöhr F, Kirschfink M, et al. Neurological outcome and inflammation after cardiac arrest--effects of protein C in rats. Resuscitation. 2008;79:316-24 pubmed publisher..A clear and lasting effect of rhAPC on neurological outcome or inflammation after CA could not be shown in this study but the detailed analysis of the postresuscitation syndrome given here builds a firm basis for further research. ..
- Schumann K, Lämmermann T, Bruckner M, Legler D, Polleux J, Spatz J, et al. Immobilized chemokine fields and soluble chemokine gradients cooperatively shape migration patterns of dendritic cells. Immunity. 2010;32:703-13 pubmed publisher..Adhesive random migration and directional steering cooperate to produce dynamic but spatially restricted locomotion patterns closely resembling the cellular dynamics observed in secondary lymphoid organs...