Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on recombinant proteins in Germany
Topic: recombinant proteins
Publications508 found, 100 shown here
- von Rad U, Hüttl R, Lottspeich F, Gierl A, Frey M. Two glucosyltransferases are involved in detoxification of benzoxazinoids in maize. Plant J. 2001;28:633-42 pubmed..Bx9 mapped to chromosome 1. Expression of Bx8 and Bx9 in Arabidopsis corroborated the potency of the enzymes in detoxification of their substrates. This capacity might have implications for allelopathic interactions. ..
- Bell S, Hansen S, Buchner J. Refolding and structural characterization of the human p53 tumor suppressor protein. Biophys Chem. 2002;96:243-57 pubmed
- Bar D, Golbik R, Hübner G, Lilie H, Müller E, Naumann M, et al. The unique hexokinase of Kluyveromyces lactis. Molecular and functional characterization and evaluation of a role in glucose signaling. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:39280-6 pubmed..The biophysical and functional data are discussed with respect to a possible regulatory role of KlHxk1 in glucose metabolism and signaling in K. lactis. ..
- Schilling S, Manhart S, Hoffmann T, Ludwig H, Wasternack C, Demuth H. Substrate specificity of glutaminyl cyclases from plants and animals. Biol Chem. 2003;384:1583-92 pubmed
- Fogolín M, Wagner R, Etcheverrigaray M, Kratje R. Impact of temperature reduction and expression of yeast pyruvate carboxylase on hGM-CSF-producing CHO cells. J Biotechnol. 2004;109:179-91 pubmed..2-fold under reduced temperature conditions. The results revealed that the expression of PYC2 and a reduced culture temperature have an additive effect on the cell specific productivity of CHO-K1-hGM-CSF cells. ..
- Salmassi A, Schmutzler A, Schaefer S, Koch K, Hedderich J, Jonat W, et al. Is granulocyte colony-stimulating factor level predictive for human IVF outcome?. Hum Reprod. 2005;20:2434-40 pubmed..03) and corresponded with low response patients. G-CSF is involved in follicle development and may be a predictor of IVF outcome. ..
- Bahe S, Stierhof Y, Wilkinson C, Leiss F, Nigg E. Rootletin forms centriole-associated filaments and functions in centrosome cohesion. J Cell Biol. 2005;171:27-33 pubmed..The ability of rootletin to form centriole-associated fibers suggests a dynamic model for centrosome cohesion based on entangling filaments rather than continuous polymeric linkers. ..
- Engert A, Bredenfeld H, Dohner H, Ho A, Schmitz N, Berger D, et al. Pegfilgrastim support for full delivery of BEACOPP-14 chemotherapy for patients with high-risk Hodgkin's lymphoma: results of a phase II study. Haematologica. 2006;91:546-9 pubmed..Toxicities were mostly moderate in intensity. These results support the feasibility of delivering full dose, on schedule BEACOPP-14, chemotherapy with pegfilgrastim support. ..
- Krumbholz M, Koehler K, Huebner A. Cellular localization of 17 natural mutant variants of ALADIN protein in triple A syndrome - shedding light on an unexpected splice mutation. Biochem Cell Biol. 2006;84:243-9 pubmed..Using a patient cell line, we show that the mutation 43C>A in exon 1 does not cause a missense mutation Q15K but, rather, results in aberrant splicing...
- Schultz T, Liu J, Capasso P, de Marco A. The solubility of recombinant proteins expressed in Escherichia coli is increased by otsA and otsB co-transformation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;355:234-9 pubmed..Di-myo-inositol1,1'-phosphate (DIP) seems to be a good candidate to test in in vivo applications, although the opportunity of using otsA/B overexpressing cells is simpler and less expensive. ..
- Fischer D, Schloesser R, Buxmann H, Veldman A. Recombinant activated Factor VII as a hemostatic agent in very low birth weight preterms with gastrointestinal hemorrhage and disseminated intravascular coagulation. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2008;30:337-42 pubmed publisher..In this small group of preterms with DIC, intestinal hemorrhage, and persistent hemorrhagic shock, rFVIIa was effective as a rescue therapy but failed in patients with severe acidosis, hypothermia, and thrombopenia. ..
- Seitz R, Hackl S, Seibuchner T, Tamm E, Ohlmann A. Norrin mediates neuroprotective effects on retinal ganglion cells via activation of the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway and the induction of neuroprotective growth factors in Muller cells. J Neurosci. 2010;30:5998-6010 pubmed publisher..The effects of Norrin involve activation of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and subsequent induction of neurotrophic growth factors in Müller cells. ..
- Schlorke D, Thomas L, Samsonov S, Huster D, Arnhold J, Pichert A. The influence of glycosaminoglycans on IL-8-mediated functions of neutrophils. Carbohydr Res. 2012;356:196-203 pubmed publisher..This work provides a representative example of how protein functions can be regulated by different GAGs of the ECM. ..
- Loeffler I, Ruster C, Franke S, Liebisch M, Wolf G. Erythropoietin ameliorates podocyte injury in advanced diabetic nephropathy in the db/db mouse. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013;305:F911-8 pubmed publisher..Our data show, for the first time, that medication of overt DN with erythropoietin for a short time can ameliorate albuminuria and podocyte loss. ..
- Maenner S, Müller M, Frohlich J, Langer D, Becker P. ATP-dependent roX RNA remodeling by the helicase maleless enables specific association of MSL proteins. Mol Cell. 2013;51:174-84 pubmed publisher..Probing the conformation of roX in vivo revealed a remodeled stem loop in chromatin-bound roX2. The active remodeling of a stable secondary structure by MLE may constitute a rate-limiting step for MSL-DCC assembly...
- Korkmaz N. Recombinant bacteriophages as gold binding bio-templates. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2013;112:219-28 pubmed publisher..Further studies on patterning and controlled immobilization of recombinant bacteriophages on specific surfaces may contribute to bio-templated nanowire development field and biosensor application studies. ..
- Rotgeri A, Loffler M. Molecular cloning and sequence analyses of rat liver dihydroorotate dehydrogenase. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1994;370:693-7 pubmed
- Ruf A, Mennissier de Murcia J, de Murcia G, Schulz G. Structure of the catalytic fragment of poly(AD-ribose) polymerase from chicken. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:7481-5 pubmed..The enzyme is structurally related to bacterial ADP-ribosylating toxins but contains an additional alpha-helical domain that is suggested to relay the activation signal issued on binding to damaged DNA. ..
- Dahl C. Insertional gene inactivation in a phototrophic sulphur bacterium: APS-reductase-deficient mutants of Chromatium vinosum. Microbiology. 1996;142 ( Pt 12):3363-72 pubmed..vinosum. Specific inactivation of selected genes as developed for C. vinosum in this study provides a powerful genetic tool for further analysis of sulphur metabolism and other metabolic pathways in phototrophic sulphur bacteria...
- Kerkau T, Bacik I, Bennink J, Yewdell J, Hunig T, Schimpl A, et al. The human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) Vpu protein interferes with an early step in the biosynthesis of major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class I molecules. J Exp Med. 1997;185:1295-305 pubmed
- Jenne D, Frohlich L, Hummel A, Specks U. Cloning and functional expression of the murine homologue of proteinase 3: implications for the design of murine models of vasculitis. FEBS Lett. 1997;408:187-90 pubmed..Recombinant human-mouse chimaeric variants will be a valuable new tool to localize the disease-specific immunodominant epitopes in human PR3. ..
- Vornlocher H, Kreutzer R, Sprinzl M. Organization of the Thermus thermophilus nusA/infB operon and overexpression of the infB gene in Escherichia coli. Biochimie. 1997;79:195-203 pubmed..The T thermophilus infB gene was expressed to a high level in E coli. Four hundred milligrams of homogenous T thermophilus IF2 were prepared from 60 g of overproducing cells...
- Vasilets L, Takeda K, Kawamura M, Schwarz W. Significance of the glutamic acid residues Glu334, Glu959, and Glu960 of the alpha subunits of Torpedo Na+, K+ pumps for transport activity and ouabain binding. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1368:137-49 pubmed..We conclude that none of the mutated glutamic acid residues is essential for cation coordination, but that GIu334, and in part also Glu960, seems to be involved in preserving the ouabain-resistant conformation of the enzyme. ..
- Czermin B, Schotta G, Hülsmann B, Brehm A, Becker P, Reuter G, et al. Physical and functional association of SU(VAR)3-9 and HDAC1 in Drosophila. EMBO Rep. 2001;2:915-9 pubmed..We suggest a model in which the concerted histone deacetylation and methylation by a SU(VAR)3-9/HDAC1-containing complex leads to a permanent silencing of transcription in particular areas of the genome. ..
- Böhme C, Nimtz M, Grabenhorst E, Conradt H, Strathmann A, Ragg H. Tyrosine sulfation and N-glycosylation of human heparin cofactor II from plasma and recombinant Chinese hamster ovary cells and their effects on heparin binding. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:977-88 pubmed
- Angermayr M, Roidl A, Bandlow W. Yeast Rio1p is the founding member of a novel subfamily of protein serine kinases involved in the control of cell cycle progression. Mol Microbiol. 2002;44:309-24 pubmed..The weak RIO1 allele leads to increased plasmid loss. ..
- Ogrzewalla K, Piotrowski M, Reinbothe S, Link G. The plastid transcription kinase from mustard (Sinapis alba L.). A nuclear-encoded CK2-type chloroplast enzyme with redox-sensitive function. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:3329-37 pubmed..Furthermore, it readily phosphorylates components of the plastid transcription apparatus in vitro with a substrate specificity similar to that of PTK. ..
- Horke S, Reumann K, Rang A, Heise T. Molecular characterization of the human La protein.hepatitis B virus RNA.B interaction in vitro. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:34949-58 pubmed..Hence, these binding sites might represent targets for novel antiviral strategies based on the disruption of the human La.HBV RNA interaction, thereby leading to HBV RNA degradation. ..
- Janas E, Hofacker M, Chen M, Gompf S, van der Does C, Tampe R. The ATP hydrolysis cycle of the nucleotide-binding domain of the mitochondrial ATP-binding cassette transporter Mdl1p. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:26862-9 pubmed..Based on these data, we propose a processive-clamp model for the catalytic cycle in which association and dissociation of the NBDs depends on the status of bound nucleotides...
- Breitenlechner C, Gassel M, Hidaka H, Kinzel V, Huber R, Engh R, et al. Protein kinase A in complex with Rho-kinase inhibitors Y-27632, Fasudil, and H-1152P: structural basis of selectivity. Structure. 2003;11:1595-607 pubmed..Further, a second H-1152P binding site potentially points toward PKA regulatory domain interaction modulators. ..
- Jarling M, Cauvet T, Grundmeier M, Kuhnert K, Pape H. Isolation of mak1 from Actinoplanes missouriensis and evidence that Pep2 from Streptomyces coelicolor is a maltokinase. J Basic Microbiol. 2004;44:360-73 pubmed..The proteins Pep2 and Mak1 were over expressed with Streptomyces lividans 66 as a heterologous host and further characterized. The possible physiological function of maltokinases is discussed...
- Quensel C, Friedrich B, Sommer T, Hartmann E, Kohler M. In vivo analysis of importin alpha proteins reveals cellular proliferation inhibition and substrate specificity. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10246-55 pubmed..Thus, importin alpha3 is the only alpha importin responsible for the classical nuclear import of RCC1 in living cells. ..
- Marg B, Schweimer K, Sticht H, Oesterhelt D. A two-alpha-helix extra domain mediates the halophilic character of a plant-type ferredoxin from halophilic archaea. Biochemistry. 2005;44:29-39 pubmed publisher..salinarum, and the ability to efficiently reconstitute the iron-sulfur cluster only at high salt concentrations...
- Atzpodien J, Wandert T, Reitz M. Age does not impair the efficacy of immunochemotherapy in patients with metastatic renal carcinoma. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2005;55:193-9 pubmed..gt; or = 65 years). Our results demonstrated that patient age and related IL-2 dose reduction do not impair the efficacy of s.c.-IL-2 plus s.c.-INF-2a based outpatient immunochemotherapy in metastatic renal carcinoma. ..
- Söling A, Plugge E, Schmitz M, Weigle B, Jacob R, Illert J, et al. Autoantibodies to the inhibitor of apoptosis protein survivin in patients with brain tumors. Int J Oncol. 2007;30:123-8 pubmed..Anti-survivin antibodies may represent attractive tools for diagnosis and follow-up of brain tumors. ..
- Ghaderi D, Strauss H, Reinke S, Cirak S, Reutter W, Lucka L, et al. Evidence for dynamic interplay of different oligomeric states of UDP-N-acetylglucosamine 2-epimerase/N-acetylmannosamine kinase by biophysical methods. J Mol Biol. 2007;369:746-58 pubmed..The presence of UDP-N-acetylglucosamine strongly favors the tetrameric state, which therefore likely represents the active state of the enzyme in cells. ..
- David R, Gunther R, Baumann L, Luhmann T, Seebach D, Hofmann H, et al. Artificial chemokines: combining chemistry and molecular biology for the elucidation of interleukin-8 functionality. J Am Chem Soc. 2008;130:15311-7 pubmed publisher..Concepts like this could be a first step toward the synthesis of proteins consisting of large artificial secondary structure elements. ..
- Lützner N, Kalbacher H. Quantifying cathepsin S activity in antigen presenting cells using a novel specific substrate. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:36185-94 pubmed publisher..We find that CatS activity differs significantly not only between the three types of professional APCs but also between endosomal and lysosomal compartments. ..
- Horvath B, Niedermeier A, Podstawa E, Muller R, Hunzelmann N, Karpati S, et al. IgA autoantibodies in the pemphigoids and linear IgA bullous dermatosis. Exp Dermatol. 2010;19:648-53 pubmed publisher..IgA against the COOH- and NH(2)-terminus of BP230, respectively, was detected in 6/30 of the BP, 1/10 of the MMP, 1/6 of the LABD and 0/8 control sera. IgA reactivity against BP180 and/or BP230 is a common finding in the pemphigoids. ..
- Rafei D, Muller R, Ishii N, Llamazares M, Hashimoto T, Hertl M, et al. IgG autoantibodies against desmocollin 3 in pemphigus sera induce loss of keratinocyte adhesion. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:718-23 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that IgG autoantibodies against an additional component of the desmosomes, Dsc3, induce loss of keratinocyte adhesion and thus may contribute to blister formation in pemphigus. ..
- Buchheit D, Dragan C, Schmitt E, Bureik M. Production of ibuprofen acyl glucosides by human UGT2B7. Drug Metab Dispos. 2011;39:2174-81 pubmed publisher..Finally, using the metabolic precursor [(13)C(6)]glucose, we demonstrated the production of stable isotope-labeled reference standards of Ibu acyl glucoside and Ibu acyl glucuronide by whole-cell biotransformation in fission yeast. ..
- Hempel F, Lau J, Klingl A, Maier U. Algae as protein factories: expression of a human antibody and the respective antigen in the diatom Phaeodactylum tricornutum. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28424 pubmed publisher..7% of total soluble protein, which complies with 21 mg antibody per gram algal dry weight. The Hepatitis B surface protein is functional as well and is recognized by algae-produced and commercial antibodies. ..
- Groβ P, Doser K, Falk W, Obermeier F, Hofmann C. IL-33 attenuates development and perpetuation of chronic intestinal inflammation. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2012;18:1900-9 pubmed publisher..IL-33-induced neutrophil influx during chronic inflammation reduced translocation of pathogenic bacteria across damaged epithelium. ..
- Popella P, Krauss S, Ebner P, Nega M, Deibert J, GÃ¶tz F. VraH Is the Third Component of the Staphylococcus aureus VraDEH System Involved in Gallidermin and Daptomycin Resistance and Pathogenicity. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:2391-401 pubmed publisher..aureuspathogenicity. In analogy to the TCS connectors, VraH can be regarded as an ABC connector that modulates the activity of ABC transporters involved in antibiotic resistance. ..
- Bautsch W, Kretzschmar T, Stühmer T, Kola A, Emde M, Kohl J, et al. A recombinant hybrid anaphylatoxin with dual C3a/C5a activity. Biochem J. 1992;288 ( Pt 1):261-6 pubmed..This clone provides a novel tool for the identification of further receptor-binding residues in both anaphylatoxins, since any mutants may be tested for altered C3a and C5a activity simultaneously. ..
- Nehls P, Keck T, Greferath R, Spiess E, Glaser T, Rothbarth K, et al. cDNA cloning, recombinant expression and characterization of polypetides with exceptional DNA affinity. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:1160-6 pubmed..g. by125Iodine labeling and SDS-PAGE. ..
- Paraskeva E, Izaurralde E, Bischoff F, Huber J, Kutay U, Hartmann E, et al. CRM1-mediated recycling of snurportin 1 to the cytoplasm. J Cell Biol. 1999;145:255-64 pubmed..This mechanism appears crucial for productive import cycles as it can ensure that CRM1 only exports snurportin 1 that has already released its import substrate in the nucleus. ..
- Kolkenbrock H, Essers L, Ulbrich N, Will H. Biochemical characterization of the catalytic domain of membrane-type 4 matrix metalloproteinase. Biol Chem. 1999;380:1103-8 pubmed..TIMP-1 or the progelatinase A/TIMP-2 complex do not prevent reactivation of MT4-MMP catalytic domain at high TIMP-2 concentrations. ..
- Hekman M, Hamm H, Villar A, Bader B, Kuhlmann J, Nickel J, et al. Associations of B- and C-Raf with cholesterol, phosphatidylserine, and lipid second messengers: preferential binding of Raf to artificial lipid rafts. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:24090-102 pubmed..Thus Ras-Raf binding in response to activation of Ras-coupled receptors may utilize Raf protein that is already present at the membrane. ..
- Teusch N, Kiefer C. A high-content screening assay for the Nogo receptor based on cellular Rho activation. Assay Drug Dev Technol. 2006;4:133-41 pubmed..The increased throughput of the cellular GTPase activation assay compared with the biochemical method should facilitate the evaluation of compounds that modulate the actin cytoskeleton through Rho. ..
- Andreou A, Gobel C, Hamberg M, Feussner I. A bisallylic mini-lipoxygenase from cyanobacterium Cyanothece sp. that has an iron as cofactor. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:14178-86 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CspLOX2 is a novel iron mini-lipoxygenase that catalyzes the formation of bisallylic hydroperoxide as the major product. ..
- Schwaiger M, Lebendiker M, Yerushalmi H, Coles M, Groger A, Schwarz C, et al. NMR investigation of the multidrug transporter EmrE, an integral membrane protein. Eur J Biochem. 1998;254:610-9 pubmed..For the residues of helices TM2 and TM3 a significant line broadening occurs due to slow conformational processes. ..
- Wagner J, Ludemann H, Färber P, Lottspeich F, Krauth Siegel R. Glutamate dehydrogenase, the marker protein of Plasmodium falciparum--cloning, expression and characterization of the malarial enzyme. Eur J Biochem. 1998;258:813-9 pubmed..Glutamate dehydrogenase, suggested to be the major source of NADPH in the parasite, is an attractive target molecule for the rational development of new antimalarial drugs. ..
- Elsasser D, Stadick H, Stark S, van de Winkel J, Gramatzki M, Schrott K, et al. Preclinical studies combining bispecific antibodies with cytokine-stimulated effector cells for immunotherapy of renal cell carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 1999;19:1525-8 pubmed..The combination of myeloid growth factors and bispecific antibodies offer a promising new approach for the treatment of advanced renal cell carcinoma. ..
- Heyer M, Müller Berger S, Romero M, Boron W, Fromter E. Stoichiometry of the rat kidney Na+-HCO3- cotransporter expressed in Xenopus laevis oocytes. Pflugers Arch. 1999;438:322-9 pubmed
- Musfeldt M, Selig M, Sch nheit P. Acetyl coenzyme A synthetase (ADP forming) from the hyperthermophilic Archaeon pyrococcus furiosus: identification, cloning, separate expression of the encoding genes, acdAI and acdBI, in Escherichia coli, and in vitro reconstitution of the active he. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:5885-8 pubmed..The purified recombinant enzyme showed molecular and catalytical properties very similar to those shown by acetyl-CoA synthetase (ADP forming) purified from P. furiosus...
- Brunner N, Siebers B, Hensel R. Role of two different glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenases in controlling the reversible Embden-Meyerhof-Parnas pathway in Thermoproteus tenax: regulation on protein and transcript level. Extremophiles. 2001;5:101-9 pubmed..The different regulation of the two counteracting glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenases is discussed with respect to the flux control of the T. tenax-specific EMP variant...
- Ullrich A, Knecht W, Piskur J, Löffler M. Plant dihydroorotate dehydrogenase differs significantly in substrate specificity and inhibition from the animal enzymes. FEBS Lett. 2002;529:346-50 pubmed..These difference could be exploited for a novel approach to herb or pest growth control by limitation of pyrimidine nucleotide pools. ..
- Geyer M, Wilde C, Selzer J, Aktories K, Kalbitzer H. Glucosylation of Ras by Clostridium sordellii lethal toxin: consequences for effector loop conformations observed by NMR spectroscopy. Biochemistry. 2003;42:11951-9 pubmed..Inhibition of the glucosylation reaction by 1,5-gluconolactone suggests a stereospecific reaction mechanism with a glucosyl oxonium ion transition state for the enzymatic activity of LT. ..
- Fuhrmann M. Production of antigens in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii: green microalgae as a novel source of recombinant proteins. Methods Mol Med. 2004;94:191-5 pubmed
- Schmidt A, Wenzel D, Ferring I, Kazemi S, Sasaki T, Hescheler J, et al. Influence of endostatin on embryonic vasculo- and angiogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2004;230:468-80 pubmed..Endostatin modulates the embryonic vascular development by enhancing proliferation, migration, and apoptosis as well as by regulating morphogenesis. ..
- Steglich C, Frankenberg Dinkel N, Penno S, Hess W. A green light-absorbing phycoerythrin is present in the high-light-adapted marine cyanobacterium Prochlorococcus sp. MED4. Environ Microbiol. 2005;7:1611-8 pubmed..Thus, an unusual green light-absorbing phycoerythrin evolved in the high-light-adapted ecotypes of Prochlorococcus, which potentially serves as a photoreceptor. ..
- Kopertekh L, Schiemann J. Agroinfiltration as a tool for transient expression of cre recombinase in vivo. Transgenic Res. 2005;14:793-8 pubmed..Phenotypic and molecular data indicated that the recombined state has been transferred to the T(1 )generation. These results demonstrate the suitability of agroinfiltration for the expression of cre recombinase in vivo. ..
- Yan L, Bertarelli D, Hayallah A, Meyer H, Klotz K, Muller C. A new synthesis of sulfonamides by aminolysis of p-nitrophenylsulfonates yielding potent and selective adenosine A2B receptor antagonists. J Med Chem. 2006;49:4384-91 pubmed..6 nM for the human A(2B) receptor combined with high selectivity versus the other human adenosine receptor subtypes (575-fold versus A(1), 134-fold versus A(2A), and >278-fold versus A(3)). ..
- Kalchishkova N, Böhm K. The role of Kinesin neck linker and neck in velocity regulation. J Mol Biol. 2008;382:127-35 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the neck linker and the neck are involved not only in motility generation in general and in determination of movement direction, but also in velocity regulation. ..
- Barbaria E, Kohl B, Buhren B, Hasenpusch Theil K, Kruse F, Küry P, et al. The alpha-chemokine CXCL14 is up-regulated in the sciatic nerve of a mouse model of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A and alters myelin gene expression in cultured Schwann cells. Neurobiol Dis. 2009;33:448-58 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that early overexpression of PMP22, in a mouse model of CMT1A, results in a strong up-regulation of CXCL14, which seems to play a novel regulatory role in Schwann cell differentiation. ..
- Richter N, Breicha K, Hummel W, Niefind K. The three-dimensional structure of AKR11B4, a glycerol dehydrogenase from Gluconobacter oxydans, reveals a tryptophan residue as an accelerator of reaction turnover. J Mol Biol. 2010;404:353-62 pubmed publisher..We present structural reasons for these notions based on ternary complex models of AKR11B4, NADP, and either octanal, d-glyceraldehyde, or l-glyceraldehyde. ..
- Grottke O, Braunschweig T, Zimmermann L, Kopp R, Lauritzen B, Coburn M, et al. Recombinant factor VIIa reduces bleeding after blunt liver injury in coagulopathic, hypofibrinogenaemic pigs. Br J Anaesth. 2010;105:789-97 pubmed publisher..rFVIIa under conditions of hypofibrinogenaemia exhibited a positive impact on coagulation parameters and a reduction in blood loss. These effects were significantly improved after prior substitution with fibrinogen. ..
- Blank S, Michel Y, Seismann H, Plum M, Greunke K, Grunwald T, et al. Evaluation of different glycoforms of honeybee venom major allergen phospholipase A2 (Api m 1) produced in insect cells. Protein Pept Lett. 2011;18:415-22 pubmed..Thus, insect cell-derived recombinant Api m 1 with defined CCD phenotypes might provide further insights into hymenoptera venom IgE reactivities and contribute to an improved diagnosis of hymenoptera venom allergy...
- Schneider H, Alt M, Klier M, Spiess A, Andes F, Waheed A, et al. GPI-anchored carbonic anhydrase IV displays both intra- and extracellular activity in cRNA-injected oocytes and in mouse neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:1494-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that membrane-associated CA IV contributes robust catalytic activity intracellularly, and that this activity participates in regulating H(+) dynamics in the cytosol, both in injected oocytes and in mouse neurons. ..
- Langosch D, Herbold A, Schmieden V, Borman J, Kirsch J. Importance of Arg-219 for correct biogenesis of alpha 1 homooligomeric glycine receptors. FEBS Lett. 1993;336:540-4 pubmed..Thus, residue R219, which corresponds to an arginine/lysine conserved in other ligand-gated ion channel polypeptides, is essential for correct biogenesis of the receptor. ..
- Offermanns S, Wieland T, Homann D, Sandmann J, Bombien E, Spicher K, et al. Transfected muscarinic acetylcholine receptors selectively couple to Gi-type G proteins and Gq/11. Mol Pharmacol. 1994;45:890-8 pubmed..Thus, coupling of muscarinic receptors and G protein subtypes was principally selective; however, activation of distinct G protein subtypes by different muscarinic receptors occurred with different efficacies. ..
- Hallek M, Danhauser Riedl S, Herbst R, Warmuth M, Winkler A, Kolb H, et al. Interaction of the receptor tyrosine kinase p145c-kit with the p210bcr/abl kinase in myeloid cells. Br J Haematol. 1996;94:5-16 pubmed..These findings could explain some clinical features (basophilia, increase of immature myeloid cells) of chronic-phase CML. ..
- Will C, Rumpler S, Klein Gunnewiek J, van Venrooij W, Luhrmann R. In vitro reconstitution of mammalian U1 snRNPs active in splicing: the U1-C protein enhances the formation of early (E) spliceosomal complexes. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:4614-23 pubmed..Studies with recombinant U1-C protein mutants indicated that the N-terminal domain of U1-C is necessary and sufficient for the stimulation of E complex formation. ..
- Nieweg A, Bremer E. The nucleoside-specific Tsx channel from the outer membrane of Salmonella typhimurium, Klebsiella pneumoniae and Enterobacter aerogenes: functional characterization and DNA sequence analysis of the tsx genes. Microbiology. 1997;143 ( Pt 2):603-15 pubmed
- Kohfeldt E, Maurer P, Vannahme C, Timpl R. Properties of the extracellular calcium binding module of the proteoglycan testican. FEBS Lett. 1997;414:557-61 pubmed..No clear evidence was obtained for collagen binding, indicating that EC modules found in different proteins may not share similar functions. ..
- Castagnetti S, Hentze M, Ephrussi A, Gebauer F. Control of oskar mRNA translation by Bruno in a novel cell-free system from Drosophila ovaries. Development. 2000;127:1063-8 pubmed..The approach that we describe opens new avenues to investigate translational regulation in Drosophila oogenesis at a biochemical level. ..
- Harms C, Domoto Y, Celik C, Rahe E, Stumpe S, Schmid R, et al. Identification of the ABC protein SapD as the subunit that confers ATP dependence to the K+-uptake systems Trk(H) and Trk(G) from Escherichia coli K-12. Microbiology. 2001;147:2991-3003 pubmed..coli ATP dependence of Trk activity can be independent of Sap proteins. These data are interpreted to mean that Trk systems can interact with an ABC protein other than SapD...
- Becker J, Moreira L, Kapp D, Frosch S, Puhler A, Perlic A. The nodulin vfENOD18 is an ATP-binding protein in infected cells of Vicia faba L. nodules. Plant Mol Biol. 2001;47:749-59 pubmed..We propose that VfENOD18 is a member of a novel family of ATP-binding proteins in plants. ..
- Knarr G, Kies U, Bell S, Mayer M, Buchner J. Interaction of the chaperone BiP with an antibody domain: implications for the chaperone cycle. J Mol Biol. 2002;318:611-20 pubmed..However, the accessibility of the BiP-binding site in the non-native protein seems to influence the kinetics of complex formation. ..
- Berger T, Kretzler M. TRAIL-induced apoptosis is independent of the mitochondrial apoptosis mediator DAP3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;297:880-4 pubmed..Therefore, DAP3 and FADD interact only in vitro after disruption of the cellular compartments. TRAIL-induced and DR4-mediated apoptosis in Jurkat cells is independent of DAP3. ..
- Liebe V, Brückmann M, Fischer K, Haase K, Borggrefe M, Huhle G. Biological relevance of anti-recombinant hirudin antibodies--results from in vitro and in vivo studies. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2002;28:483-90 pubmed..Formation of AHAbs has not yet been correlated with enhanced major bleeding complications. However, close monitoring of coagulation parameters is recommended in AHAb-positive patients during r-hirudin treatment. ..
- Rostasy K, Egles C, Chauhan A, Kneissl M, Bahrani P, Yiannoutsos C, et al. SDF-1alpha is expressed in astrocytes and neurons in the AIDS dementia complex: an in vivo and in vitro study. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2003;62:617-26 pubmed..Its increased expression in basal ganglia neurons of patients with advanced HIV CNS disease suggests it may also contribute to pathogenesis. ..
- von Eiff C, KOKAI KUN J, Becker K, Peters G. In vitro activity of recombinant lysostaphin against Staphylococcus aureus isolates from anterior nares and blood. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2003;47:3613-5 pubmed..Minimum bactericidal concentrations of 0.16 microg/ml and zones of inhibition ranging between 15 and 21 mm in diameter demonstrate that lysostaphin was highly active against all isolates tested. ..
- Rummel A, Karnath T, Henke T, Bigalke H, Binz T. Synaptotagmins I and II act as nerve cell receptors for botulinum neurotoxin G. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30865-70 pubmed..In addition, we show that the carboxyl-terminal domain of the cell binding fragment of BoNT/B and BoNT/G mediates the interaction with their protein receptor. ..
- Zimmermann I, Heim M, Weisshaar B, Uhrig J. Comprehensive identification of Arabidopsis thaliana MYB transcription factors interacting with R/B-like BHLH proteins. Plant J. 2004;40:22-34 pubmed..The results are discussed with respect to multi-functionality, specificity and redundancy of MYB and BHLH protein function. ..
- Siewert E, Weyers W, Dietrich C, Geier A, Lammert F, Matern S. Cutaneous mucinosis and skin necrosis complicates interferon alfacon-1 (consensus interferon) treatment of chronic hepatitis C. Eur J Med Res. 2005;10:63-7 pubmed