Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in United States
Locale: United States
Publications1123 found, 100 shown here
- Hakam A, Siddiqui A, Hussain T. Renal angiotensin II AT2 receptors promote natriuresis in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2006;290:F503-8 pubmed..In conclusion, our data suggest that the tubular AT2 receptors in diabetic rats are profoundly enhanced and possibly via a cGMP pathway promote sodium excretion in this model of diabetes. ..
- DeMarco P, Yarbrough G, Yee C, McLean G, Sagdullaev B, Ball S, et al. Stimulation via a subretinally placed prosthetic elicits central activity and induces a trophic effect on visual responses. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:916-26 pubmed..The data also provide evidence for implant-induced neurotrophic effects as a consequence of both its presence and its activity in the retina. ..
- Liu J, Mao W, Iwai C, Fukuoka S, Vulapalli R, Huang H, et al. Adoptive passive transfer of rabbit beta1-adrenoceptor peptide immune cardiomyopathy into the Rag2-/- mouse: participation of the ER stress. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;44:304-14 pubmed..Thus, we conclude that ER stress plays an important role in cell death and cardiac dysfunction in beta(1)-EC(II) IgG cardiomyopathy, and the effects of beta(1)-EC(II) IgG are mediated via the beta(1)-adrenergic receptor. ..
- Douard V, Choi H, Elshenawy S, Lagunoff D, Ferraris R. Developmental reprogramming of rat GLUT5 requires glucocorticoid receptor translocation to the nucleus. J Physiol. 2008;586:3657-73 pubmed publisher..In suckling rats < 14 days old, developmental regulation of transporters may involve cross-talk between hormonal signals modulating intestinal maturation and nutrient signals regulating specific transporters. ..
- Zhang J, Luo B, Tang L, Wang Y, Stockard C, Kadish I, et al. Pulmonary angiogenesis in a rat model of hepatopulmonary syndrome. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:1070-80 pubmed publisher..PTX decreases the angiogenesis, reduces the symptoms of HPS, and downregulates VEGF-A mediated pathways. ..
- Stanley E, Fadel J, Mott D. Interneuron loss reduces dendritic inhibition and GABA release in hippocampus of aged rats. Neurobiol Aging. 2012;33:431.e1-13 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the age-dependent loss of interneurons impairs dendritic inhibition and dysregulates entorhinal cortical input to CA1, potentially contributing to cognitive impairment and seizures. ..
- Ramsey S, Attkins N, Fish R, van der Graaf P. Quantitative pharmacological analysis of antagonist binding kinetics at CRF1 receptors in vitro and in vivo. Br J Pharmacol. 2011;164:992-1007 pubmed publisher..In addition, we have developed a quantitative framework to study and integrate in vitro and in vivo receptor binding kinetic behaviour of CRF(1) receptor antagonists in an efficient manner in a drug discovery setting. ..
- Garred M, Wang M, Guo X, Harrington C, Lein P. Transcriptional responses of cultured rat sympathetic neurons during BMP-7-induced dendritic growth. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21754 pubmed publisher..Since BMPs selectively promote dendritic growth in central neurons as well, these findings may be generally applicable to dendritic growth in other neuronal cell types. ..
- Klaunig J, Hocevar B, Kamendulis L. Mode of Action analysis of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) tumorigenicity and Human Relevance. Reprod Toxicol. 2012;33:410-418 pubmed publisher..This review will address the rodent (rat) cancer data and cancer Mode of Action of PFOA for tumors of the liver, testes and pancreas. ..
- Estrada Bernal A, Sanford S, Sosa L, Simon G, Hansen K, Pfenninger K. Functional complexity of the axonal growth cone: a proteomic analysis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31858 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a resource for further research and amplifies the relatively recently developed concept that the axonal growth cone is equipped with proteins capable of performing a highly diverse range of functions. ..
- Prakash R, Somanath P, El Remessy A, Kelly Cobbs A, Stern J, Dore Duffy P, et al. Enhanced cerebral but not peripheral angiogenesis in the Goto-Kakizaki model of type 2 diabetes involves VEGF and peroxynitrite signaling. Diabetes. 2012;61:1533-42 pubmed publisher..Diabetes increases and spatially regulates cerebral neovascularization. Increased VEGF-dependent angiogenic function in BMECs is mediated by peroxynitrite and involves c-src and MT1-MMP activation. ..
- Berthiaume J, Young M, Chen X, McElfresh T, Yu X, Chandler M. Normalizing the metabolic phenotype after myocardial infarction: impact of subchronic high fat feeding. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2012;53:125-33 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results support the hypothesis that SAT post-infarction promotes a normal metabolic phenotype that may serve a cardioprotective role in the injured heart. ..
- Hong J, He H, Bui P, Ryba White B, Rumi M, Soares M, et al. A focused microarray for screening rat embryonic stem cell lines. Stem Cells Dev. 2013;22:431-43 pubmed publisher..The rat ESC focused microarray described in this report has utility for rapid screening of rat ESCs. This tool will enable optimization of culture conditions in the future. ..
- Kadam S, Dudek F. Temporal progression of evoked field potentials in neocortical slices after unilateral hypoxia-ischemia in perinatal rats: Correlation with cortical epileptogenesis. Neuroscience. 2016;316:232-48 pubmed publisher..These changes in the EFPs coincide with the seizure semiology of the epilepsy and therefore offer an opportunity to study the mechanisms underlying this form of progressive pediatric epilepsy. ..
- Krapivinsky G, Ackerman M, Gordon E, Krapivinsky L, Clapham D. Molecular characterization of a swelling-induced chloride conductance regulatory protein, pICln. Cell. 1994;76:439-48 pubmed..The high degree of sequence conservation and widespread expression of pICln suggest that it is an important element in cellular volume regulation. ..
- Shearer T, Ma H, Shih M, Hata I, Fukiage C, Nakamura Y, et al. Lp82 calpain during rat lens maturation and cataract formation. Curr Eye Res. 1998;17:1037-43 pubmed..Lp82 may function early in lens maturation along with m-calpain, which then is predominant in the latter stages of maturation. Proteolysis in selenite cataract is partially caused by over-activation of Lp82. ..
- Su J, Lin M, Napoli J. Complementary deoxyribonucleic acid cloning and enzymatic characterization of a novel 17beta/3alpha-hydroxysteroid/retinoid short chain dehydrogenase/reductase. Endocrinology. 1999;140:5275-84 pubmed..These data provide additional insight into the enzymology of estrogen, androgen, and retinoid metabolism and illustrate how closely related members of the SDR superfamily can have strikingly different substrate specificities. ..
- Schindler C, Heverin M, Henshall D. Isoform- and subcellular fraction-specific differences in hippocampal 14-3-3 levels following experimentally evoked seizures and in human temporal lobe epilepsy. J Neurochem. 2006;99:561-9 pubmed
- Hassanein M, Bojja A, Glazewski L, Lu G, Mason R. Protein processing by the placental protease, cathepsin P. Mol Hum Reprod. 2009;15:433-42 pubmed publisher..Extracellular calreticulin induces differentiation of Rcho-1 cells, indicating a potential role of cathepsin P in processing and secretion of calreticulin during differentiation of trophoblast giant cells. ..
- Tep C, Kim M, Opincariu L, Limpert A, Chan J, Appel B, et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) induces polarized signaling of small GTPase (Rac1) protein at the onset of Schwann cell myelination through partitioning-defective 3 (Par3) protein. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:1600-8 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that polarization of Rac1 activation is critical for myelination. ..
- Chapman J, Curley R. Affinity purification of retinoic acid-binding proteins using immobilized 4-(2-hydroxyethoxy)retinoic acid. Protein Expr Purif. 1990;1:63-9 pubmed..The affinity phase has been used for 6 months without any detectable loss in its ability to purify cellular retinoic acid-binding protein. ..
- Deb S, Faria T, Roby K, Larsen D, Kwok S, Talamantes F, et al. Identification and characterization of a new member of the prolactin family, placental lactogen-I variant. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:1605-10 pubmed..In summary, PL-Iv shares structural similarities with PL-I; however, it shows other structural differences in addition to unique cell- and temporal-specific patterns of expression in the rat chorioallantoic placenta. ..
- Kristal M, Abbott P, Thompson A. Dose-dependent enhancement of morphine-induced analgesia by ingestion of amniotic fluid and placenta. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1988;31:351-6 pubmed..50, 2.0 or 4.0 placentas. Doses smaller than 0.25 placenta or larger than 4.0 placentas were ineffective. The most effective doses of amniotic fluid and placenta correspond to the amounts delivered with each pup during parturition. ..
- Muller H, Orwig K, Soares M. Identification of two new members of the mouse prolactin gene family. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1396:251-8 pubmed..In summary, the two newly identified members share approximately 50% amino acid sequence identity, are specifically expressed in the placenta, and represent a new subfamily within the PRL family. ..
- Liang J, Cockett M, Khawaja X. Immunohistochemical localization of G protein beta1, beta2, beta3, beta4, beta5, and gamma3 subunits in the adult rat brain. J Neurochem. 1998;71:345-55 pubmed..In conclusion, despite the widespread overlapping distributions of Gbeta1-beta5 with Ggamma3, specific dimeric associations in situ were observed within discrete brain regions. ..
- Siegall C, Liggitt D, Chace D, Mixan B, Sugai J, Davidson T, et al. Characterization of vascular leak syndrome induced by the toxin component of Pseudomonas exotoxin-based immunotoxins and its potential inhibition with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Clin Cancer Res. 1997;3:339-45 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the toxin component of PE-based immunotoxins induce VLS and suggest agents for clinical management of the toxicity. ..
- Sohn E, Wolden Hanson T, Matsumoto A. Testosterone (T)-induced changes in arcuate nucleus cocaine-amphetamine-regulated transcript and NPY mRNA are attenuated in old compared to young male brown Norway rats: contribution of T to age-related changes in cocaine-amphetamine-regulated transc. Endocrinology. 2002;143:954-63 pubmed
- Shen W, Willis D, Zhang Y, Schlattner U, Wallimann T, Molloy G. Expression of creatine kinase isoenzyme genes during postnatal development of rat brain cerebellum: evidence for transcriptional regulation. Biochem J. 2002;367:369-80 pubmed
- Kline D, Takacs K, Ficker E, Kunze D. Dopamine modulates synaptic transmission in the nucleus of the solitary tract. J Neurophysiol. 2002;88:2736-44 pubmed..These results demonstrate that DA tonically modulates synaptic activity between afferent sensory fibers and secondary relay neurons in the NTS via a presynaptic D2-like mechanism. ..
- Sweet I, Khalil G, Wallen A, Steedman M, Schenkman K, Reems J, et al. Continuous measurement of oxygen consumption by pancreatic islets. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2002;4:661-72 pubmed..The system has particular application to the field of human islet transplantation, where assessment and the study of islet viability have been hampered by a lack of experimental methods. ..
- Katritzky A, Kuanar M, Fara D, Karelson M, Acree W. QSPR treatment of rat blood:air, saline:air and olive oil:air partition coefficients using theoretical molecular descriptors. Bioorg Med Chem. 2004;12:4735-48 pubmed..791 for rat blood:air, 0.794 for saline:air and 0.846 for olive oil:air. ..
- Gray J, Burns K, Leas T, Perdew G, Vanden Heuvel J. Regulation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha by protein kinase C. Biochemistry. 2005;44:10313-21 pubmed..Together, these studies demonstrate a direct role for PKC in the regulation of PPARalpha, and suggest several PKCs can regulate PPARalpha activity through multiple phosphorylation sites. ..
- Sumithran S, Crooks P, Xu R, Zhu J, Deaciuc A, Wilkins L, et al. Introduction of unsaturation into the N-n-alkyl chain of the nicotinic receptor antagonists, NONI and NDNI: effect on affinity and selectivity. AAPS J. 2005;7:E201-17 pubmed
- Orlichenko L, Huang B, Krueger E, McNiven M. Epithelial growth factor-induced phosphorylation of caveolin 1 at tyrosine 14 stimulates caveolae formation in epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:4570-9 pubmed..This study provides novel insights into how cells regulate caveolae formation and implicates EGF-based signaling cascades in the phosphorylation of Cav1 as a stimulus for caveolae assembly. ..
- Chandler M, Morgan E, McElfresh T, Kung T, Rennison J, Hoit B, et al. Heart failure progression is accelerated following myocardial infarction in type 2 diabetic rats. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H1609-16 pubmed..These results, demonstrating enhanced remodeling and LV dysfunction 8 wk postligation provide evidence of an accelerated progression of heart failure in T2D rats...
- Bu S, Lucas E, Franklin M, Marlow D, Brackett D, Boldrin E, et al. Comparison of dried plum supplementation and intermittent PTH in restoring bone in osteopenic orchidectomized rats. Osteoporos Int. 2007;18:931-42 pubmed..We conclude that though the degree of improvement was not equivalent to PTH with regard to all parameters, DP reverses bone loss due to ORX and the mechanisms should be further investigated. ..
- Roth T, Lubin F, Funk A, Sweatt J. Lasting epigenetic influence of early-life adversity on the BDNF gene. Biol Psychiatry. 2009;65:760-9 pubmed publisher..These results highlight an epigenetic molecular mechanism potentially underlying lifelong and transgenerational perpetuation of changes in gene expression and behavior incited by early abuse and neglect. ..
- Hu X, Cai J, Yang J, Smith G. Sensory axon targeting is increased by NGF gene therapy within the lesioned adult femoral nerve. Exp Neurol. 2010;223:153-65 pubmed publisher..This novel finding provides in vivo evidence that gradient expression of neurotrophin can be used to enhance targeting of distal peripheral pathways to increase axon regeneration into the appropriate nerve branch. ..
- Edwin F, Anderson K, Patel T. HECT domain-containing E3 ubiquitin ligase Nedd4 interacts with and ubiquitinates Sprouty2. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:255-64 pubmed publisher..This is the first report demonstrating the regulation of cellular Spry content and its ability to modulate receptor tyrosine kinase signaling by a HECT domain-containing E3 ubiquitin ligase. ..
- Tanzer J, Thompson A, Lang C, Cooper B, Hareng L, Gamer A, et al. Caries inhibition by and safety of Lactobacillus paracasei DSMZ16671. J Dent Res. 2010;89:921-6 pubmed publisher..mutans and fed the DSMZ16671 supplement, by comparison with controls. Neither toxicity nor mutagenicity of DSMZ16671 was detected. Use of heat-killed DSMZ16671 is efficacious in rats and appears safe. ..
- Gorres B, Bomhoff G, Gupte A, Geiger P. Altered estrogen receptor expression in skeletal muscle and adipose tissue of female rats fed a high-fat diet. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2011;110:1046-53 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that decreased glucose metabolism and increased inflammation in adipose tissue with a HFD in female rats could stem from a significant decrease in ER? expression. ..
- Chen G, Cuzon Carlson V, Wang J, Beck A, Heinz A, Ron D, et al. Striatal involvement in human alcoholism and alcohol consumption, and withdrawal in animal models. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2011;35:1739-48 pubmed publisher..Alterations of dopaminergic, glutamatergic, and GABAergic signaling within different regions of the striatum by alcohol is critical for alcohol craving, consumption, dependence, and withdrawal in humans and animal models. ..
- Zhang X, Bull R, Fisher J, Cotruvo J, Cummings B. The synergistic effect of sodium chlorite and bromochloroacetic acid on BrO3(-)-induced renal cell death. Toxicology. 2011;289:151-9 pubmed publisher..These data support the novel finding that mixtures of DBPs increase BrO(3)(-)-induced renal cell death by DNA-dependent and -independent mechanisms, and could alter how the risk of these DBPs towards humans is assessed...
- Thorn D, Winter J, Li J. Agmatine attenuates methamphetamine-induced conditioned place preference in rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012;680:69-72 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggests that agmatine attenuates the rewarding effects of methamphetamine and may be able to modulate the abuse liability of methamphetamine. ..
- Schonberg D, Goldstein E, Sahinkaya F, Wei P, Popovich P, McTigue D. Ferritin stimulates oligodendrocyte genesis in the adult spinal cord and can be transferred from macrophages to NG2 cells in vivo. J Neurosci. 2012;32:5374-84 pubmed publisher..This work has relevance for conditions in which iron-mediated injury and/or repair likely occur, such as hemorrhage, stroke, spinal cord injury, aging, Parkinson's disease, and Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Bidwell G, Perkins E, Hughes J, Khan M, James J, Raucher D. Thermally targeted delivery of a c-Myc inhibitory polypeptide inhibits tumor progression and extends survival in a rat glioma model. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55104 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrates that a c-Myc inhibitory peptide can be effectively delivered to brain tumors. ..
- Zhou G, Seibenhener M, Wooten M. Nucleolin is a protein kinase C-zeta substrate. Connection between cell surface signaling and nucleus in PC12 cells. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:31130-7 pubmed..Taken together, the findings presented herein document that nucleolin is a target of PKC-zeta that serves to relay NGF signals from cell surface to nucleus in PC12 cells. ..
- Abraham E, Morris Hardeman J, Swenson L, Knoppel E, Ramanathan B, Wright K, et al. Pituitary function in the acute phase response in domestic farm animals: cytokines, prostaglandins, and secretion of ACTH. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 1998;15:389-96 pubmed..However, the scope of the review is not intended to comprehensively cover the vast literature on proinflammatory cytokines and prostaglandins generated peripherally and centrally during host responses to inflammatory stimuli. ..
- Poole D, Sexton W, Behnke B, Ferguson C, Hageman K, Musch T. Respiratory muscle blood flows during physiological and chemical hyperpnea in the rat. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2000;88:186-94 pubmed
- Covasa M, Ritter R. Adaptation to high-fat diet reduces inhibition of gastric emptying by CCK and intestinal oleate. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2000;278:R166-70 pubmed..These results indicate that feeding HF diets diminishes the enterogastric inhibition of gastric emptying by intestinal oleate and diminishes the ability of CCK to inhibit gastric emptying...
- McDonald A, Muller J, Mascagni F. GABAergic innervation of alpha type II calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase immunoreactive pyramidal neurons in the rat basolateral amygdala. J Comp Neurol. 2002;446:199-218 pubmed
- Billman G, Houle M, Englert H, Gögelein H. Effects of a novel cardioselective ATP-sensitive potassium channel antagonist, 1-[[5-[2-(5-chloro-o-anisamido)ethyl]-beta-methoxyethoxyphenyl]sulfonyl]-3-methylthiourea, sodium salt (HMR 1402), on susceptibility to ventricular fibrillation induced by. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2004;309:182-92 pubmed..Thus, the ATP-sensitive potassium channel antagonist HMR 1402 can prevent ischemically induced VF without altering coronary blood flow or blood glucose...
- Klopman G, Chakravarti S, Zhu H, Ivanov J, Saiakhov R. ESP: a method to predict toxicity and pharmacological properties of chemicals using multiple MCASE databases. J Chem Inf Comput Sci. 2004;44:704-15 pubmed..The effectiveness of ESP is illustrated in the prediction of general carcinogenicity of a diverse set of chemicals using MCASE male/female rats and mice carcinogenicity modules. ..
- Zuo L, Christofi F, Wright V, Bao S, Clanton T. Lipoxygenase-dependent superoxide release in skeletal muscle. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2004;97:661-8 pubmed..These data show for the first time that arachidonic acid metabolism through LOX activity, is a major source of extracellular O(2)(*-) release in skeletal muscle. ..
- Rider V, Potapova T, Dai G, Soares M. Stimulation of a rat uterine stromal cell line in culture reveals a molecular switch for endocrine-dependent differentiation. J Endocrinol. 2005;184:119-27 pubmed..05) at 12 h in differentiating cells. The results suggest that cyclin E/Cdk2 serves as a molecular switch for uterine stromal cell entry into the decidual cell differentiation pathway. ..
- Li Z, Dong T, Pröschel C, Noble M. Chemically diverse toxicants converge on Fyn and c-Cbl to disrupt precursor cell function. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e35 pubmed
- Hong S, Gokulrangan G, SCHONEICH C. Proteomic analysis of age dependent nitration of rat cardiac proteins by solution isoelectric focusing coupled to nanoHPLC tandem mass spectrometry. Exp Gerontol. 2007;42:639-51 pubmed..The post-translational modification of these cytoskeletal proteins may provide some rationale for the age-dependent functional decline of the heart. ..
- Marchalant Y, Cerbai F, Brothers H, Wenk G. Cannabinoid receptor stimulation is anti-inflammatory and improves memory in old rats. Neurobiol Aging. 2008;29:1894-901 pubmed..Stimulation of cannabinoid receptors may provide clinical benefits in age-related diseases that are associated with brain inflammation, such as Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Chen B, Knight A, de Ruiter G, Spinner R, Yaszemski M, Currier B, et al. Axon regeneration through scaffold into distal spinal cord after transection. J Neurotrauma. 2009;26:1759-71 pubmed publisher..The pattern of myelination, with extracellular collagen and basal lamina, was characteristic of SC myelination. Our results show that FB labeling is an effective way to measure the origin of regenerating axons. ..
- Drake K, Sauerbry M, Blohowiak S, Repyak K, Kling P. Iron deficiency and renal development in the newborn rat. Pediatr Res. 2009;66:619-24 pubmed publisher..IDA reduced glomerular density, glomerular surface area, and promoted fibrosis. Iron substantially rescued renal growth and development, supporting the critical role of iron in late nephrogenesis. ..
- Sribnick E, Samantaray S, Das A, Smith J, Matzelle D, Ray S, et al. Postinjury estrogen treatment of chronic spinal cord injury improves locomotor function in rats. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:1738-50 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that estrogen may be useful as a promising therapeutic agent for prevention of damage and improvement of locomotor function in chronic SCI. (c) 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- Kirman C, Albertini R, Sweeney L, Gargas M. 1,3-Butadiene: I. Review of metabolism and the implications to human health risk assessment. Crit Rev Toxicol. 2010;40 Suppl 1:1-11 pubmed publisher..A quantitative risk assessment of BD needs to reflect these species differences and sources of nonlinearity if it is to reflect the current understanding of the disposition of BD. ..
- Nahid M, Satoh M, Chan E. MicroRNA in TLR signaling and endotoxin tolerance. Cell Mol Immunol. 2011;8:388-403 pubmed publisher..Modulation of these microRNAs may affect TLR pathway activation and help to develop therapeutics against inflammatory diseases...
- Shi X, Habecker B. gp130 cytokines stimulate proteasomal degradation of tyrosine hydroxylase via extracellular signal regulated kinases 1 and 2. J Neurochem. 2012;120:239-47 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that gp130 cytokines stimulate proteasomal degradation of TH through an ERK1/2 dependent pathway, and may have important implications for local regulation of neurotransmission at sites of inflammation. ..
- Ho D, Chen L, Zhao X, Durham N, PANNIRSELVAM M, Vatner D, et al. Smooth muscle myosin inhibition: a novel therapeutic approach for pulmonary hypertension. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36302 pubmed publisher..0±3.8%) reduction in right ventricular systolic pressure as compared with sildenafil (20.3±4.5%). Inhibition of smooth muscle myosin may be a novel therapeutic target for treatment of pulmonary hypertension. ..
- Scofield M, Korutla L, Jackson T, Kalivas P, Mackler S. Nucleus Accumbens 1, a Pox virus and Zinc finger/Bric-a-brac Tramtrack Broad protein binds to TAR DNA-binding protein 43 and has a potential role in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Neuroscience. 2012;227:44-54 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that NAC1 may function to link TDP-43 to the proteasome; thereby, facilitating the post-translational modifications of TDP-43 that lead to the development of ALS. ..
- Huxtable A, Smith S, Vinit S, Watters J, Mitchell G. Systemic LPS induces spinal inflammatory gene expression and impairs phrenic long-term facilitation following acute intermittent hypoxia. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2013;114:879-87 pubmed publisher..These findings have important implications for many disease states where acute systemic inflammation may undermine the capacity for compensatory respiratory plasticity. ..
- Prins G, Hu W, Shi G, Hu D, Majumdar S, Li G, et al. Bisphenol A promotes human prostate stem-progenitor cell self-renewal and increases in vivo carcinogenesis in human prostate epithelium. Endocrinology. 2014;155:805-17 pubmed publisher..Together, the present findings demonstrate that human prostate stem-progenitor cells are direct BPA targets and that developmental exposure to BPA at low doses increases hormone-dependent cancer risk in the human prostate epithelium. ..
- Ji M, Tong J, Tan Y, Cao Z, Ou C, Li W, et al. Erythropoietin Pretreatment Attenuates Seawater Aspiration-Induced Acute Lung Injury in Rats. Inflammation. 2016;39:447-456 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our study suggested that EPO pretreatment attenuates seawater aspiration-induced ALI by down-regulation of pulmonary pro-inflammatory cytokines, oxidative stress, and apoptosis. ..
- Mojcik C, Greiner D, Goldschneider I. Characterization of RT6-bearing rat lymphocytes. II. Developmental relationships of RT6- and RT6+ T cells. Dev Immunol. 1991;1:191-201 pubmed..It remains to be determined whether the "true" RT6- and the RT6+ subsets represent separate lineages of T cells or a single lineage at different stages of activation or maturation...
- Reid K, Li G, Payne R, Schurr A, Cooper N. The mRNA level of the potassium-chloride cotransporter KCC2 covaries with seizure susceptibility in inferior colliculus of the post-ischemic audiogenic seizure-prone rat. Neurosci Lett. 2001;308:29-32 pubmed..Using quantitative PCR, we found that a fivefold increase in collicular KCC2 mRNA levels was associated with a doubling of seizure incidence. A hypothesis linking KCC2 activity to seizure susceptibility is presented. ..
- Sweet D, Chan L, Walden R, Yang X, Miller D, Pritchard J. Organic anion transporter 3 (Slc22a8) is a dicarboxylate exchanger indirectly coupled to the Na+ gradient. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2003;284:F763-9 pubmed..Thus Oat3 functions as an organic anion/dicarboxylate exchanger that couples organic anion uptake indirectly to the Na(+) gradient. ..
- Henzl M, Larson J, Agah S. Influence of monovalent cation identity on parvalbumin divalent ion-binding properties. Biochemistry. 2004;43:2747-63 pubmed..8 x 10(6) M(-1) and the latter to 1.4 x 10(4) and 2.9 x 10(2) M(-1). These data suggest that parvalbumin divalent ion affinity, particularly that of rat alpha, can be significantly attenuated by increased intracellular Na(+) levels...
- Thomas R, Salter M, Wilke S, Husen A, Allcock N, Nivison M, et al. Acute ischemic injury of astrocytes is mediated by Na-K-Cl cotransport and not Ca2+ influx at a key point in white matter development. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2004;63:856-71 pubmed..Astrocytes can subsequently regulate their cell volume in a Ca2+-dependent fashion but this will require ATP hydrolysis and does not protect the cells against acute cell death. ..
- Fakih M, Cao S, Durrani F, Rustum Y. Selenium protects against toxicity induced by anticancer drugs and augments antitumor activity: a highly selective, new, and novel approach for the treatment of solid tumors. Clin Colorectal Cancer. 2005;5:132-5 pubmed
- Sundara Rajan S, Vu T. Quantum dots monitor TrkA receptor dynamics in the interior of neural PC12 cells. Nano Lett. 2006;6:2049-59 pubmed..This opens up new possibilities for the development of QD platforms as molecular tools to image biochemical signaling and transport cargo in the cell interior. ..
- Xu J, Kim H, Ma Y, Zhao L, Zhai L, Kokorina N, et al. Trauma and hemorrhage-induced acute hepatic insulin resistance: dominant role of tumor necrosis factor-alpha. Endocrinology. 2008;149:2369-82 pubmed publisher..However, because so little is known about this acute insulin-resistant state, much more needs to be done before we can attain a level of understanding similar to that of chronic states of insulin resistance. ..
- Filiano A, Bailey C, Tucholski J, Gundemir S, Johnson G. Transglutaminase 2 protects against ischemic insult, interacts with HIF1beta, and attenuates HIF1 signaling. FASEB J. 2008;22:2662-75 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that TG2 may play an important role in protecting against the delayed neuronal cell death in ischemia and stroke. ..
- Hamza A, Abdulhameed M, Zhan C. Understanding microscopic binding of human microsomal prostaglandin E synthase-1 with substrates and inhibitors by molecular modeling and dynamics simulation. J Phys Chem B. 2008;112:7320-9 pubmed publisher..The new structural insights obtained from this study should be valuable for rational design of next-generation anti-inflammatory drugs. ..
- Merry H, Wolf P, FitzSullivan E, Keech J, Mulligan M. Lipopolysaccharide pre-conditioning is protective in lung ischemia-reperfusion injury. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2010;29:471-8 pubmed publisher..Understanding the clinical significance of lipopolysaccharide in donor lungs has the potential to expand and clarify donor inclusion criteria. ..
- Haug K, Weber B, Hochhaus G, Butterweck V. Nonlinear pharmacokinetics of visnagin in rats after intravenous bolus administration. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2012;45:79-89 pubmed publisher..9, and 9.2, respectively. Intra-subject variability (constant CV error model) was estimated to be 7.0%. The results suggest the involvement of a saturable process in the elimination of visnagin, possibly an enzyme or transporter system. ..
- Home P, Saha B, Ray S, Dutta D, Gunewardena S, Yoo B, et al. Altered subcellular localization of transcription factor TEAD4 regulates first mammalian cell lineage commitment. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:7362-7 pubmed publisher..We propose that altered subcellular localization of TEAD4 in blastomeres dictates first mammalian cell fate specification. ..
- Yoon S, Park D, Ryu J, Ozer H, Tep C, Shin Y, et al. JNK3 perpetuates metabolic stress induced by A? peptides. Neuron. 2012;75:824-37 pubmed publisher..This reveals AD as a metabolic disease that is under tight control by JNK3. ..