Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Japan
Publications621 found, 100 shown here
- Uchida K. cDNA encoding type B subunit of rat phosphoglycerate mutase: its isolation and nucleotide sequence. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1991;288:558-61 pubmed..7 kilobases in rat liver cell. The deduced amino acid sequence of rat PGAM-B was identical to that of human PGAM-B except for only one substitution at position 251 near the carboxyl terminus (valine for the rat and alanine for the human)...
- Fujii Y, Sakurai J. Contraction of the rat isolated aorta caused by Clostridium perfringens alpha toxin (phospholipase C): evidence for the involvement of arachidonic acid metabolism. Br J Pharmacol. 1989;97:119-24 pubmed..7. These data suggest that the contractile response to the toxin is associated with stimulation of TXA2 production from arachidonic acid released by the toxin in the endothelial cells of the aorta. ..
- Yoshida S, Yamanouchi K, Hasegawa T, Ikeda A, Suzuki M, Chang K, et al. Molecular cloning of cDNA for equine ovarian inhibin/activin beta A subunit. J Vet Med Sci. 1995;57:469-73 pubmed..Northern blot analysis revealed that placenta from mare on day 180 of pregnancy contained a 1.5 kb inhibin/activin beta A subunit mRNA. ..
- Ueda T, Fujimori O, Yamada K. The use of periodic acid-thiocarbohydrazide-silver protein-physical development (PA-TCH-SP-PD) procedure for the histochemical detection of neutral carbohydrates in the circumventricular organs of the rat. Okajimas Folia Anat Jpn. 1994;71:325-33 pubmed
- Endoh M, Takanashi M, Norota I, Kawabata Y, Asano T. Pronounced direct inhibitory action mediated by adenosine A1 receptor and pertussis toxin-sensitive G protein on the ferret ventricular contraction. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 1993;348:282-9 pubmed..The signal transduction process subsequent to agonist binding to A1 receptors including the pertussis toxin-sensitive G protein and ion channels may be responsible for the unique inhibitory action of adenosine in this species...
- Shimokawa N, Matsuda Y, Yamaguchi M. Genomic cloning and chromosomal assignment of rat regucalcin gene. Mol Cell Biochem. 1995;151:157-63 pubmed..9 kb clone containing four exons. The regucalcin gene was localized on rat chromosome Xq11.1-12 proximal end. ..
- Saito T, Lo L, Anderson D, Mikoshiba K. Identification of novel paired homeodomain protein related to C. elegans unc-4 as a potential downstream target of MASH1. Dev Biol. 1996;180:143-55 pubmed..A sequential action of bHLH and paired homeodomain proteins is apparent in other neurogenic lineages and may be a general feature of both vertebrate and invertebate neurogenesis. ..
- Kitamura S, Mita M, Shimizu Y, Sugihara K, Ohta S. Conversion of dieldrin to aldrin by intestinal bacteria in rats. Biol Pharm Bull. 1999;22:880-2 pubmed..The highest activity was observed in Clostridium sporogenes. Cell-free extracts of the intestinal bacteria in rat cecal contents showed reductase activity when supplemented with both NAD(P)H and FMN under anaerobic conditions. ..
- Nakamura N, Yamamoto A, Wada Y, Futai M. Syntaxin 7 mediates endocytic trafficking to late endosomes. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:6523-9 pubmed..These results also suggest that the biosynthetic pathway utilizes a different machinery from that of the endocytic pathway in the docking/fusion to late endosomes. ..
- Koguchi T, Nakajima H, Wada M, Yamamoto Y, Innami S, Maekawa A, et al. Dietary fiber suppresses elevations of uric acid and allantoin in serum and urine induced by dietary RNA and increases its excretion to feces in rats. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2002;48:184-93 pubmed..The present results reveal that the elevation of serum uric acid concentration induced by dietary RNA can be suppressed by DF in rats. ..
- Nagano I, Murakami T, Shiote M, Abe K, Itoyama Y. Ventral root avulsion leads to downregulation of GluR2 subunit in spinal motoneurons in adult rats. Neuroscience. 2003;117:139-46 pubmed
- Sugawara R, Hikichi T, Kitaya N, Mori F, Nagaoka T, Yoshida A, et al. Peroxynitrite decomposition catalyst, FP15, and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor, PJ34, inhibit leukocyte entrapment in the retinal microcirculation of diabetic rats. Curr Eye Res. 2004;29:11-6 pubmed..The current study suggests a role for peroxynitrite production and for PARP activation in the pathogenesis of retinal microvascular leukostasis in early diabetes. ..
- Tanimizu N, Tsujimura T, Takahide K, Kodama T, Nakamura K, Miyajima A. Expression of Dlk/Pref-1 defines a subpopulation in the oval cell compartment of rat liver. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;5:209-18 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that Dlk is expressed in a subpopulation of oval cells and that Dlk(+) cells represent intermediate cells between Dlk(-) oval cells and mature hepatocytes. ..
- Yamauchi A, Kawai K, Tsukamoto S, Ideyama Y, Shirai T, Akaza H. Persistence of prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia after effective chemoprevention of microscopic prostate cancer with antiandrogen in a rat model. J Urol. 2006;175:348-52 pubmed..Despite this suppressive effect on microscopic cancer bicalutamide permits the persistence of PIN. The latter finding suggests that the sensitivity of PIN to antiandrogen might be more complicated than previously recognized. ..
- Tian Q, Suzuki T, Yamauchi T, Sakagami H, Yoshimura Y, Miyazawa S, et al. Interaction of LDL receptor-related protein 4 (LRP4) with postsynaptic scaffold proteins via its C-terminal PDZ domain-binding motif, and its regulation by Ca/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;23:2864-76 pubmed..These findings suggest a postsynaptic role for LRP4, a putative endocytic multiligand receptor, and a mechanism in which CaMKII regulates PDZ-dependent protein-protein interactions and receptor dynamics. ..
- Fujimori S, Hinoi E, Takarada T, Iemata M, Takahata Y, Yoneda Y. Possible expression of a particular gamma-aminobutyric acid transporter isoform responsive to upregulation by hyperosmolarity in rat calvarial osteoblasts. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;550:24-32 pubmed..These results suggest that the BGT-1 isoform may be functionally expressed by rat calvarial osteoblasts to play a hitherto unidentified role in mechanisms underlying hyperosmotic regulation of osteoblastogenesis. ..
- Ujie K, Oda M, Kobayashi M, Saitoh H. Relative contribution of absorptive and secretory transporters to the intestinal absorption of fexofenadine in rats. Int J Pharm. 2008;361:7-11 pubmed publisher..Low absorption of fexofenadine in rats is attributed to potent secretory transport mediated by P-gp. ..
- Nakada A, Fukuda S, Ichihara S, Sato T, Itoi S, Inada Y, et al. Regeneration of central nervous tissue using a collagen scaffold and adipose-derived stromal cells. Cells Tissues Organs. 2009;190:326-35 pubmed publisher..6 +/- 0.4/mm(2). These data suggest that ASCs seeded into a collagen scaffold may have the potential to promote regeneration of nervous tissue after cerebral cortex injury. ..
- Lakshmanan A, Watanabe K, Thandavarayan R, Sari F, Meilei H, Soetikno V, et al. Curcumin attenuates hyperglycaemia-mediated AMPK activation and oxidative stress in cerebrum of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rat. Free Radic Res. 2011;45:788-95 pubmed publisher..These results provide a new insight into the beneficial effects of curcumin on hyperglycaemia-mediated DE, which are produced through the down-regulation of AMPK-mediated gluconeogenesis associated with its anti-oxidant property. ..
- Yamajuku D, Shibata Y, Kitazawa M, Katakura T, Urata H, Kojima T, et al. Cellular DBP and E4BP4 proteins are critical for determining the period length of the circadian oscillator. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:2217-22 pubmed publisher..Our experiments demonstrated that D-box regulators play a crucial role in determining the period length of Per1 and Per2 promoter-driven circadian rhythms in Rat-1 fibroblasts. ..
- Asai H, Morita S, Miyata S. Effect of pleiotrophin on glutamate-induced neurotoxicity in cultured hippocampal neurons. Cell Biochem Funct. 2011;29:660-5 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that PTN may be relevant to be concerned with glutamate-induced neurotoxicity of hippocampal neurons. ..
- Arumugam S, Thandavarayan R, Veeraveedu P, Giridharan V, Soetikno V, Harima M, et al. Involvement of AMPK and MAPK signaling during the progression of experimental autoimmune myocarditis in rats and its blockade using a novel antioxidant. Exp Mol Pathol. 2012;93:183-9 pubmed publisher..In viewing these results, we can suggest that along with MAPK, AMPK signaling also plays a crucial role in the progression of EAM and it can be effectively blocked by the treatment with a novel antioxidant, edaravone. ..
- Satoh Y, Ishikawa K, Oomori Y, Takede S, Ono K. Secretion mode of the harderian gland of rats after stimulation by cholinergic secretagogues. Acta Anat (Basel). 1992;143:7-13 pubmed..The present results suggested that the cholinergic systems regulate the secretion of rat Harderian-gland cells which have muscarinic receptors...
- Miyauchi Y, Mii Y, Hohnoki K, Tamai S, Maruyama H, Tsutsumi M, et al. Metastatic potential of malignant fibrous histiocytoma of myxoid or giant-cell subtype in rats. Exp Pathol. 1991;43:129-39 pubmed..In contrast, the growth activity of subcutaneous transplants of tumor fragments obtained from metastatic lung nodules derived from myxoid subtype did not differ from that of parent malignant fibrous histiocytomas...
- Takeo S, Tanonaka R, Miyake K, Tanonaka K, Taguchi T, Kawakami K, et al. Naftidrofuryl oxalate improves impaired brain glucose metabolism after microsphere-induced cerebral embolism in rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1991;257:404-10 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Yoshikawa K, Maruyama K, Aizawa T, Yamamoto A. A new species of enkephalin precursor mRNA with a distinct 5'-untranslated region in haploid germ cells. FEBS Lett. 1989;246:193-6 pubmed..Biol. Chem. 259, 14301-14308; (1984) J. Biol. Chem. 259, 14309-14313]. Northern blot analysis using a 5'-end-specific probe showed that this type of preproenkephalin mRNA exists exclusively in the germ cells. ..
- Matsuo S, Nishikage H, Yoshida F, Nomura A, Piddlesden S, Morgan B. Role of CD59 in experimental glomerulonephritis in rats. Kidney Int. 1994;46:191-200 pubmed..The glomeruli in Group III appeared normal throughout experiments. These data indicate that the functional inhibition of a rat analogue of human CD59 worsens complement-mediated glomerular injury in vivo. ..
- Tamaki N, Fujimoto Sakata S, Kikugawa M, Kaneko M, Onosaka S, Takagi T. Analysis of cyclic feed intake in rats fed on a zinc-deficient diet and the level of dihydropyrimidinase (EC 22.214.171.124). Br J Nutr. 1995;73:711-22 pubmed..5.2.2) activity showed significant retardation in the Zn-deficient rat liver with decrease of the enzyme protein. The ratio of apo-form to holo-form dihydropyrimidinase in the liver was not affected by the Zn-deficient diet. ..
- Kimura T, Kimura Kuroda J, Nagashima K, Yasui K. Analysis of virus-cell binding characteristics on the determination of Japanese encephalitis virus susceptibility. Arch Virol. 1994;139:239-51 pubmed
- Yamamoto K, Sawada Y, Iga T. Pharmacodynamic analysis of contractile potentiation by cholinesterase inhibitors in rats. J Pharmacokinet Biopharm. 1996;24:327-48 pubmed..Other process such as desensitisization induced by endogenous ACh diffusion rate of drugs into the synaptic cleft, action of presynaptic receptors, etc., might contribute to the dose-effect relationship of ChE inhibitors...
- Osaka M, Koami K, Sugiyama T. WT1 contributes to leukemogenesis: expression patterns in 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene (DMBA)-induced leukemia. Int J Cancer. 1997;72:696-9 pubmed
- Takata M, Shimada Y, Ikeda A, Sekikawa K. Molecular cloning of bovine thyrotropin-releasing hormone receptor gene. J Vet Med Sci. 1998;60:123-7 pubmed..The identity of the deduced amino acid sequence of bovine TRHR exceeded 88% that of mouse, rat or human. RT-PCR analysis indicated TRHR mRNA to be expressed in the pituitary and brain. ..
- Saitoh T, Mishima H, Shoge K, Ishihara K, Sasa M. Protection against glutamate neurotoxicity in retinal cultures by acidic conditions. Jpn J Pharmacol. 1998;76:87-95 pubmed..0 to 7.0 and pH 6.0 to 6.5, respectively. The acidity of the medium protected the retinal neurons from glutamate-induced delayed death, probably by inhibiting NMDA and/or kainate receptor activation. ..
- Moriguchi S, Ohzuru N, Koga N, Honda K, Saito R, Takano Y, et al. Central administration of a nitric oxide synthase inhibitor causes pressor responses via the sympathetic nervous system and the renin-angiotensin system in Wistar rats. Neurosci Lett. 1998;245:109-12 pubmed..v). These results suggest that the response of the blood pressure to L-NAME is mediated by both the sympathetic nervous system and the renin-angiotensin system. ..
- Kumagai Y, Nakajima H, Midorikawa K, Homma Takeda S, Shimojo N. Inhibition of nitric oxide formation by neuronal nitric oxide synthase by quinones: nitric oxide synthase as a quinone reductase. Chem Res Toxicol. 1998;11:608-13 pubmed..Therefore, our study suggests that quinones could possibly affect NO-dependent physiological and/or pathophysiological actions in vivo. ..
- Kitamura S, Takekawa K, Sugihara K, Tatsumi K, Ohta S. Pseudoenzymatic reduction of N-hydroxy-2-acetylaminofluorene to 2-acetylaminofluorene mediated by cytochrome P450. Carcinogenesis. 1999;20:347-50 pubmed..The microsomal reduction of N-OH-AAF appears to be a non-enzymatic reaction by the reduced flavin, catalyzed by the heme group of cytochrome P450...
- Inoue H, Kagoshima M, Kaibara K. Effects of anion exchange resin as phosphate binder on serum phosphate and iPTH levels in normal rats. Int J Artif Organs. 2000;23:243-9 pubmed..This suggests that anion exchange resins with most primary and secondary amino type anion exchange groups, have bright prospects in the treatment of hyperphosphatemia...
- Fukutake M, Miura N, Yamamoto M, Fukuda K, Iijima O, Ishikawa H, et al. Suppressive effect of the herbal medicine Oren-gedoku-to on cyclooxygenase-2 activity and azoxymethane-induced aberrant crypt foci development in rats. Cancer Lett. 2000;157:9-14 pubmed..The results suggest that OGT may be useful for colon cancer chemoprevention in terms of efficacy and toxicity. ..
- Shimokawa N, Miura M. Rhombex-29, a novel gene of the PLP/DM20-M6 family cloned from rat medulla oblongata by differential display. J Neurosci Res. 2000;62:1-8 pubmed..These results indicate that the VMS neurons are endowed with a novel gene, rat Rhombex-29, that is sensitive to H(+). ..
- Fukui M, Nakagawa T, Minami M, Satoh M. Involvement of beta2-adrenergic and mu-opioid receptors in antinociception produced by intracerebroventricular administration of alpha,beta-methylene-ATP. Jpn J Pharmacol. 2001;86:423-8 pubmed..These results suggest that supraspinal beta2-adrenergic and mu-opioid receptors are involved in the antinociceptive effect of i.c.v. administered alpha,beta-methylene-ATP. ..
- Kuroda M, Yoshikawa D, Nishikawa K, Saito S, Goto F. Volatile anesthetics inhibit calcitonin gene-related peptide receptor-mediated responses in pithed rats and human neuroblastoma cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2004;311:1016-22 pubmed..The inhibitory site of volatile anesthetics on the CGRP receptor-mediated response involves Gs protein...
- Yoshimura S, Yoshioka K, Barr F, Lowe M, Nakayama K, Ohkuma S, et al. Convergence of cell cycle regulation and growth factor signals on GRASP65. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:23048-56 pubmed..The convergence of cell cycle regulation and growth factor signals on GRASP65 Ser-277 suggests that GRASP65 may function as a signal integrator controlling the cell growth. ..
- Inoue N, Shimano H, Nakakuki M, Matsuzaka T, Nakagawa Y, Yamamoto T, et al. Lipid synthetic transcription factor SREBP-1a activates p21WAF1/CIP1, a universal cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8938-47 pubmed..These data suggest a physiological role of SREBP-1a in p21 regulation. Identification of p21 as a new SREBP target might implicate a new paradigm in the link between lipid synthesis and cell growth. ..
- Suzuki J, Ogawa M, Futamatsu H, Kosuge H, Sagesaka Y, Isobe M. Tea catechins improve left ventricular dysfunction, suppress myocardial inflammation and fibrosis, and alter cytokine expression in rat autoimmune myocarditis. Eur J Heart Fail. 2007;9:152-9 pubmed..Myocarditis is a clinically serious disease. Tea catechins have been shown to reduce inflammation; however the effects of catechins on the development of myocarditis have not been well studied...
- Numachi Y, Shen H, Yoshida S, Fujiyama K, Toda S, Matsuoka H, et al. Methamphetamine alters expression of DNA methyltransferase 1 mRNA in rat brain. Neurosci Lett. 2007;414:213-7 pubmed..Methamphetamine-induced differences in gene expression might be related to the contrasting susceptibilities of these rats to behavioral and neurochemical effects of methamphetamine. ..
- Feng B, Tomizawa K, Michiue H, Miyatake S, Han X, Fujimura A, et al. Delivery of sodium borocaptate to glioma cells using immunoliposome conjugated with anti-EGFR antibodies by ZZ-His. Biomaterials. 2009;30:1746-55 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that this system utilizing immunoliposomes provides an effective means of delivering (10)B into glioma cells in boron neutron capture therapy (BNCT). ..
- Murakami T, Kumakura S, Yamazaki T, Tanaka R, Hamatake M, Okuma K, et al. The novel CXCR4 antagonist KRH-3955 is an orally bioavailable and extremely potent inhibitor of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection: comparative studies with AMD3100. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2009;53:2940-8 pubmed publisher..6% in rats, and its oral administration blocks X4 HIV-1 replication in the human peripheral blood lymphocyte-severe combined immunodeficiency mouse system. Thus, KRH-3955 is a new promising agent for HIV-1 infection and AIDS. ..
- Shimomura M, Ushikoshi H, Hattori A, Murata I, Ohno Y, Aoyama T, et al. Treatment with Lindera strychnifolia reduces blood pressure by decreasing sympathetic nerve activity in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Am J Chin Med. 2010;38:561-8 pubmed..These effects may be related to the decrease in plasma noradrenaline levels by Lindera strychnifolia. ..
- Yuasa K, Futamatsu G, Kawano T, Muroshita M, Kageyama Y, Taichi H, et al. Subtilisin-like proprotein convertase paired basic amino acid-cleaving enzyme 4 is required for chondrogenic differentiation in ATDC5 cells. FEBS J. 2012;279:3997-4009 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PACE4 may regulate the rate of hypertrophic conversion of ATDC5 cells through activation of proBMP6. ..
- Ishii N, Shirato M, Wakita H, Miyazaki K, Takase Y, Asano O, et al. Antipruritic effect of the topical phosphodiesterase 4 inhibitor E6005 ameliorates skin lesions in a mouse atopic dermatitis model. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2013;346:105-12 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that E6005 may be a promising novel therapeutic agent with antipruritic activity for the treatment of AD. ..
- Ogura K, Kajita J, Narihata H, Watabe T, Ozawa S, Nagata K, et al. cDNA cloning of the hydroxysteroid sulfotransferase STa sharing a strong homology in amino acid sequence with the senescence marker protein SMP-2 in rat livers. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;166:1494-500 pubmed..However, STa was found to share a much stronger homology of 92% on the average with SMP-2 in their four specific regions corresponding to about 60% of the total sequences, indicating SMP-2 to be an isozyme of hydroxysteroid ST. ..
- Yanagi S, Yamashita M, Hiasa Y, Kamiya T. Effect of ethanol on hepatocarcinogenesis initiated in rats with 3'-methyl-4-dimethylaminoazobenzene in the absence of liver injuries. Int J Cancer. 1989;44:681-4 pubmed..Ethanol thus does not appear to enhance hepatocarcinogenesis, at least in the absence of liver injury...
- Emori Y, Homma Y, Sorimachi H, Kawasaki H, Nakanishi O, Suzuki K, et al. A second type of rat phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C containing a src-related sequence not essential for phosphoinositide-hydrolyzing activity. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:21885-90 pubmed..PLC IV is expressed in various rat tissues and abundant in spleen, suggesting that PLC IV plays a fundamental role in cellular functions such as growth and secretion. ..
- Sato M, Yoshida T, Tuboi S. Primary structure of rat brain protein carboxyl methyltransferase deduced from cDNA sequence. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;161:342-7 pubmed
- Takahashi T, Kondo T, Ohno H, Minato S, Ohshima T, Mikuni S, et al. A spectrophotometric method for the determination of gamma-glutamyl cyclotransferase with alanine dehydrogenase in the presence of anthglutin. Biochem Med Metab Biol. 1987;38:311-6 pubmed..This assay presents a reliable alternative to the use of radiolabeled substrate and is used for the assay of gamma-glutamyl cyclotransferase in a variety of physiological and experimental samples. ..
- Saha A, Ueno K, Mitsuhashi H, Ohmori S, Igarashi T, Kitagawa H. Immunopotentiating activity of a nucleotide derivative, heptaminol AMP amidate (HAA) in mice and spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR). Res Commun Chem Pathol Pharmacol. 1987;57:117-27 pubmed..From these results, it is tempting to suggest that HAA may possess an immunopotentiating activity...
- Kojima S, Inui T, Muramatsu H, Kimura T, Sakakibara S, Muramatsu T. Midkine is a heat and acid stable polypeptide capable of enhancing plasminogen activator activity and neurite outgrowth extension. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;216:574-81 pubmed..Comparison of physicochemical stability with other several growth factors suggested that MK/pleiotrophin was a unique family of heat and acid stable polypeptides capable of enhancing PA activity and neurite outgrowth. ..
- Kabuto M, Kubota T, Kobayashi H, Nakagawa T, Kitai R. The antitumor effect of MX2, a new morpholino anthracycline, against malignant glioma cell lines and its subcellular distribution. Neurosurgery. 1995;37:471-6; discussion 476-7 pubmed
- Tsujimura T, Furitsu T, Morimoto M, Kanayama Y, Nomura S, Matsuzawa Y, et al. Substitution of an aspartic acid results in constitutive activation of c-kit receptor tyrosine kinase in a rat tumor mast cell line RBL-2H3. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 1995;106:377-85 pubmed
- Ogawa J, Kaneko H, Masuda T, Nagata S, Hosoya H, Watanabe K. Novel neural adhesion molecules in the Contactin/F3 subgroup of the immunoglobulin superfamily: isolation and characterization of cDNAs from rat brain. Neurosci Lett. 1996;218:173-6 pubmed..On the other hand, high expression of NB-3 mRNA was observed in spinal cord, as well as in cerebrum and cerebellum. In the other tissues, no expression of NB-2 and NB-3 mRNAs was detected. ..
- Yokozawa T, Nakagawa T, Lee K, Cho E, Terasawa K, Takeuchi S. Effects of green tea tannin on cisplatin-induced nephropathy in LLC-PK1 cells and rats. J Pharm Pharmacol. 1999;51:1325-31 pubmed..Based on the evidence available it appeared that green tea tannin eliminated oxidative stress and was beneficial to renal function. ..
- Ishizuka T, Miura A, Kajita K, Ishizawa M, Kimura M, Huang Y, et al. Differential effect of PKC isoform on insulin- and phorbol ester-stimulated glucose uptake mechanism in rat adipocytes. IUBMB Life. 2001;51:299-304 pubmed
- Matsuo T, Kang H, Suzuki H, Suzuki M. Voluntary resistance exercise improves blood hemoglobin concentration in severely iron-deficient rats. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2002;48:161-4 pubmed..Resistance exercise may be a useful therapy for iron-deficient anemia. ..
- Mori F, Tanji K, Yoshida Y, Wakabayashi K. Thalamic retrograde degeneration in the congenitally hydrocephalic rat is attributable to apoptotic cell death. Neuropathology. 2002;22:186-93 pubmed
- Matsumori M, Itoh H, Toyoshima I, Komatsuda A, Sawada K, Fukuda J, et al. Characterization of the 105-kDa molecular chaperone. Identification, biochemical properties, and localization. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:5632-41 pubmed..Although the 105-kDa protein was localized in all rat brain segments, the expression pattern was fast in the cerebral cortex and hippocampus and slow in the cerebellum. ..
- Katoh M, Katoh M. Identification and characterization of human DFNA5L, mouse Dfna5l, and rat Dfna5l genes in silico. Int J Oncol. 2004;25:765-70 pubmed..Because DFNA5 and MLZE are cancer-associated genes, DFNA5L, GSDM, and GSDML are predicted cancer associated genes. ..
- Katoh Y, Katoh M. Comparative genomics on Shisa orthologs. Int J Mol Med. 2005;16:181-5 pubmed..Function of human SHISA is predicted to be divergent from that of Xenopus shisa due to the protein evolution and the promoter evolution. This is the first report on the rat Shisa gene and on molecular evolution of Shisa orthologs. ..
- Yasoshima Y, Scott T, Yamamoto T. Involvement of the supramammillary nucleus in aversive conditioning. Behav Neurosci. 2005;119:1290-7 pubmed..The present study indicates that the SuM is activated by memory-elicited discomfort during retrieval, suggesting that it plays a role in resisting the extinction of a long-term aversive memory. ..
- Ishikawa Y, Kozakai T, Morita H, Saida K, Oka S, Masuo Y. Rapid detection of mycoplasma contamination in cell cultures using SYBR Green-based real-time polymerase chain reaction. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2006;42:63-9 pubmed..Thus, this technique, which is simple, rapid, and sensitive enough for practical application, is suitable for handling many samples and for routine screening for mycoplasma contamination of cell cultures. ..
- Doihara H, Nozawa K, Kawabata Shoda E, Kojima R, Yokoyama T, Ito H. TRPA1 agonists delay gastric emptying in rats through serotonergic pathways. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2009;380:353-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that TRPA1 agonists delay in vivo gastric emptying through serotonergic pathways...
- Watanabe M, Tamano H, Kikuchi T, Takeda A. Susceptibility to stress in young rats after 2-week zinc deprivation. Neurochem Int. 2010;56:410-6 pubmed publisher..This excessive excitation seems to contribute to susceptibility to stress after 2-week zinc deprivation and its related behavior such as the increase in depression-like behavior. ..
- Saegusa Y, Sadakane C, Koseki J, Hasegawa Y, Shindo S, Maruyama H, et al. Effect of TJN-331 on anti-Thy1 nephritis in rats via inhibition of transforming growth factor-?1 production. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33:1710-5 pubmed..These results suggest that TJN-331 and tranilast prevent expansion of the mesangial area by suppression of TGF-?1 secretion from inflamed glomeruli. ..
- Hayashi T, De Velasco M, Saitou Y, Nose K, Nishioka T, Ishii T, et al. Carvedilol protects tubular epithelial cells from ischemia-reperfusion injury by inhibiting oxidative stress. Int J Urol. 2010;17:989-95 pubmed publisher..005) suggested a protective effect after treatment with carvedilol. Our findings suggest that carvedilol ameliorates IRI resulting in improved renal function. ..
- Watanabe M, Matsumoto N, Takeba Y, Kumai T, Tanaka M, Tatsunami S, et al. Orange juice and its component, hesperidin, decrease the expression of multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 in rat small intestine and liver. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2011;2011:502057 pubmed publisher..The same results were obtained with hesperidin. These results suggest that the changes in PRV pharmacokinetic parameters and the decrease in Mrp2 expression caused by OJ are due to hesperidin in the juice. ..
- Noreldin A, Sogabe M, Yamano Y, Uehara M, Mahdy M, Elnasharty M, et al. Spatial distribution of osteoblast activating peptide in the rat stomach. Acta Histochem. 2016;118:109-17 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the presence of OBAP in the gastric gland lumen suggests an exocrine mechanism of release. ..
- Mori M, Kobayashi M, Uemura H, Miyahara T, Kozuka H. Intestinal metabolism of mephentermine and its biliary metabolites in male Wistar rats. Xenobiotica. 1992;22:701-8 pubmed..5. Conjugated p-hydroxy-MP and conjugated p-hydroxy-Ph, which accounted for about 3% doses, were detected in the 24-h bile of rats dosed with p-hydroxy-MP and p-hydroxy-Ph.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Kawashima H, Kusunose E, Kubota I, Maekawa M, Kusunose M. Purification and NH2-terminal amino acid sequences of human and rat kidney fatty acid omega-hydroxylases. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1992;1123:156-62 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first time that a P-450 specific for fatty acid omega-hydroxylase activity has been isolated to homogeneity from human tissues. ..
- Yanagida M, Gohda E, Yamamoto I. Dibutyrylcytidine 3',5'-cyclic monophosphate stimulates neurite outgrowth in rat pheochromocytoma PC12. Neurosci Lett. 1990;114:323-8 pubmed..Staurosporine inhibited the neurite outgrowth induced by NGF, but not that by Bt2cCMP. These results suggest that Bt2cCMP stimulates neuronal differentiation by a mechanism different from that by NGF. ..
- Hosokawa Y, Onga T, Nakashima K. Induction of D2 and D3 cyclin-encoding genes during promotion of the G1/S transition by prolactin in rat Nb2 cells. Gene. 1994;147:249-52 pubmed..cDNA clones encoding these rat cyclins D2 and D3 were isolated and analyzed. ..
- Nakagawa H, Ikesue A, Hatakeyama S, Kato H, Gotoda T, Komorita N, et al. Production of an interleukin-8-like chemokine by cytokine-stimulated rat NRK-49F fibroblasts and its suppression by anti-inflammatory steroids. Biochem Pharmacol. 1993;45:1425-30 pubmed..On the other hand, the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (indomethacin and piroxicam) at 10(-7)-10(-5) M showed no apparent inhibitory effect on rat gro/CINC production by NRK-49F cells stimulated with IL-1 beta. ..
- Hayashi T, Umemori H, Mishina M, Yamamoto T. The AMPA receptor interacts with and signals through the protein tyrosine kinase Lyn. Nature. 1999;397:72-6 pubmed..Thus, AMPA receptors generate intracellular signals from the cell surface to the nucleus through the Lyn-MAPK pathway, which may contribute to synaptic plasticity by regulating the expression of BDNF. ..
- Ookata K, Tojo A, Onozato M, Kashiwagi M, Honda S, Hirose S. Distribution of stanniocalcin 1 in rat kidney and its regulation by vitamin D3. Exp Nephrol. 2001;9:428-35 pubmed..In conclusion, stanniocalcin 1 was expressed in the apical membrane of distal nephron segments and enhanced by vitamin D3. ..
- Maruo K, Yamamoto H, Yamamoto S, Nagata T, Fujikawa H, Kanno T, et al. Modulation of P2X receptors via adrenergic pathways in rat dorsal root ganglion neurons after sciatic nerve injury. Pain. 2006;120:106-12 pubmed..This may account for a nociceptive pathway in response to noradrenergic sprouting after peripheral nerve injury. ..
- Masuzawa K, Goto K, Jesmin S, Maeda S, Miyauchi T, Kaji Y, et al. An endothelin type A receptor antagonist reverses upregulated VEGF and ICAM-1 levels in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rat retina. Curr Eye Res. 2006;31:79-89 pubmed..Thus, ET(A) receptor antagonist might be useful in preventing the progression of diabetic retinopathy, as evidenced by suppressing the increase in VEGF and ICAM-1 levels as well as leukostasis in morphologically intact diabetic retina. ..
- Zhang Y, Kakinuma Y, Ando M, Katare R, Yamasaki F, Sugiura T, et al. Acetylcholine inhibits the hypoxia-induced reduction of connexin43 protein in rat cardiomyocytes. J Pharmacol Sci. 2006;101:214-22 pubmed..These results suggest that ACh is responsible for restoring the decrease in the Cx43 protein level, resulting in functional activation of gap junctions. ..
- Yoshino T, Ishikawa J, Ohga K, Morokata T, Takezawa R, Morio H, et al. YM-58483, a selective CRAC channel inhibitor, prevents antigen-induced airway eosinophilia and late phase asthmatic responses via Th2 cytokine inhibition in animal models. Eur J Pharmacol. 2007;560:225-33 pubmed..YM-58483 may therefore be useful for treating airway inflammation in bronchial asthma. ..
- Zamami Y, Takatori S, Koyama T, Goda M, Iwatani Y, Doi S, et al. [Effect of propolis on insulin resistance in fructose-drinking rats]. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2007;127:2065-73 pubmed..These results suggest that propolis could be an effective functional food to prevent the development of insulin resistance. ..
- Kanemaru T, Hirata K, Takasu S, Isobe S, Mizuki K, Mataka S, et al. A fluorescence scanning electron microscope. Ultramicroscopy. 2009;109:344-9 pubmed publisher..We successfully demonstrated that the FL-SEM is a simple and practical tool for correlative fluorescence and electron microscopy. ..