Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Italy
Publications457 found, 100 shown here
- Coruzzi G, Coppelli G, Spaggiari S, Cavestro G, Okolicsanyi L, Lo Giudice P, et al. Gastroprotective effects of amtolmetin guacyl: a new non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that activates inducible gastric nitric oxide synthase. Dig Liver Dis. 2002;34:403-10 pubmed
- Verzé L, Paraninfo A, Viglietti Panzica C, Panzica G, Ramieri G. Expression of neuropeptides and growth-associated protein 43 (GAP-43) in cutaneous and mucosal nerve structures of the adult rat lower lip after mental nerve section. Ann Anat. 2003;185:35-44 pubmed..The different time courses in the expression of neuropeptides and GAP-43 suggest a possible early involvement of GAP-43 in peripheral nerve regeneration. ..
- Trevisan A, Borella Venturini M, Di Marco L, Fabrello A, Giraldo M, Zanetti E, et al. Erythrocyte aminolevulinic acid dehydratase inhibition by cis-platin. Toxicol Lett. 2004;152:105-10 pubmed..This mechanism appears different from lead that prevalently inhibits ALAD removing zinc from the enzyme, other than interacting with sulfhydryl groups. ..
- Porta A, Montano N, Furlan R, Cogliati C, Guzzetti S, Gnecchi Ruscone T, et al. Automatic classification of interference patterns in driven event series: application to single sympathetic neuron discharge forced by mechanical ventilation. Biol Cybern. 2004;91:258-73 pubmed..Non-stationary interactions are observed in 20% of cases. The two discharges behave differently, suggesting the presence of a population of sympathetic oscillators working at different frequencies. ..
- Maiorino M, Mauri P, Roveri A, Benazzi L, Toppo S, Bosello V, et al. Primary structure of the nuclear forms of phospholipid hydroperoxide glutathione peroxidase (PHGPx) in rat spermatozoa. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:667-70 pubmed..9 kDa enzyme, although the alternate use of a downstream ATG, at least in rodents, could not be unequivocally ruled out. ..
- Scicchitano B, Spath L, Musaro A, Molinaro M, Rosenthal N, Nervi C, et al. Vasopressin-dependent myogenic cell differentiation is mediated by both Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent kinase and calcineurin pathways. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3632-41 pubmed..Although MEF2-NFATc1 complexes appear to regulate the expression of an early muscle-specific gene product (myogenin), the activation of late muscle-specific gene expression (MCK) involves the formation of complexes including GATA2. ..
- Ngomba R, Biagioni F, Casciato S, Willems van Bree E, Battaglia G, Bruno V, et al. The preferential mGlu2/3 receptor antagonist, LY341495, reduces the frequency of spike-wave discharges in the WAG/Rij rat model of absence epilepsy. Neuropharmacology. 2005;49 Suppl 1:89-103 pubmed..It can be concluded that mGlu2/3 receptors are involved in the generation of SWDs and that an upregulation of these receptors in the somatosensory cortex might be involved in the pathogenesis of absence epilepsy. ..
- Kinsner A, Pilotto V, Deininger S, Brown G, Coecke S, Hartung T, et al. Inflammatory neurodegeneration induced by lipoteichoic acid from Staphylococcus aureus is mediated by glia activation, nitrosative and oxidative stress, and caspase activation. J Neurochem. 2005;95:1132-43 pubmed
- Di Paola M, Zaccagnino P, Oliveros Celis C, Lorusso M. Arachidonic acid induces specific membrane permeability increase in heart mitochondria. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:775-81 pubmed..Under the same experimental conditions used for heart mitochondria, arachidonic acid induced the classical CsA sensitive, ADP inhibitable MPT in liver mitochondria. ..
- Ciana P, Fumagalli M, Trincavelli M, Verderio C, Rosa P, Lecca D, et al. The orphan receptor GPR17 identified as a new dual uracil nucleotides/cysteinyl-leukotrienes receptor. EMBO J. 2006;25:4615-27 pubmed..In conclusion, the deorphanization of GPR17 revealed a dualistic receptor for two endogenous unrelated ligand families. These findings may lead to dualistic drugs of previously unexplored therapeutic potential. ..
- Orlandi A, Di Lascio A, Francesconi A, Scioli M, Arcuri G, Ferlosio A, et al. Stem cell marker expression and proliferation and apoptosis of vascular smooth muscle cells. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:3889-97 pubmed
- Scalabrino G, Veber D, Mutti E, Calligaro A, Milani S, Tredici G. Cobalamin (vitamin B(12)) regulation of PrP(C), PrP(C)-mRNA and copper levels in rat central nervous system. Exp Neurol. 2012;233:380-90 pubmed publisher..Cbl deficiency greatly reduced SC PrP(C)-mRNA levels, which were subsequently increased by Cbl and EGF. Cbl deficiency-induced excess OR is myelin-damaging, but new PrP(C) synthesis is a common effect of different myelinotrophic agents. ..
- Hasa D, Perissutti B, Chierotti M, Gobetto R, Grabnar I, Bonifacio A, et al. Mechanochemically induced disordered structures of vincamine: the different mediation of two cross-linked polymers. Int J Pharm. 2012;436:41-57 pubmed publisher..Though both crosslinked polymers produced a remarkable enhancement of the oral bioavailability, coground systems based on AcDiSol(®) are preferable in terms of pharmacokinetic performance and physical stability. ..
- Penna F, Costamagna D, Pin F, Camperi A, Fanzani A, Chiarpotto E, et al. Autophagic degradation contributes to muscle wasting in cancer cachexia. Am J Pathol. 2013;182:1367-78 pubmed publisher..This finding suggests that autophagy is triggered through mechanisms that cannot be circumvented by using classic upstream modulators, prompting us to identify more effective approaches to target this proteolytic system...
- Mancini M, Ghiglieri V, Bagetta V, Pendolino V, Vannelli A, Cacace F, et al. Memantine alters striatal plasticity inducing a shift of synaptic responses toward long-term depression. Neuropharmacology. 2016;101:341-50 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that memantine could be used as treatment of neurological disorders in which DA D2 receptor represents a possible therapeutic target. ..
- Mereto E, Ghia M, Brambilla G. Evaluation of the potential carcinogenic activity of Senna and Cascara glycosides for the rat colon. Cancer Lett. 1996;101:79-83 pubmed..These findings suggest that Senna and Cascara glycoside might behave as weak promoters in rat colon carcinogenesis. ..
- Maggi R, Pimpinelli F, Casulari L, Piva F, Martini L. Antiprogestins inhibit the binding of opioids to mu-opioid receptors in nervous membrane preparations. Eur J Pharmacol. 1996;301:169-77 pubmed..These results indicate that RU-486 may interact with brain mu-opioid receptors in vitro, by decreasing the affinity of opioid ligands. ..
- Limatola C, Mileo A, Giovannelli A, Vacca F, Ciotti M, Mercanti D, et al. The growth-related gene product beta induces sphingomyelin hydrolysis and activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase in rat cerebellar granule neurones. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:36537-43 pubmed..This is the first report on the activation of the SMase pathway by chemokines. ..
- Cuzzocrea S, Mazzon E, Bevilaqua C, Costantino G, Britti D, Mazzullo G, et al. Cloricromene, a coumarine derivative, protects against collagen-induced arthritis in Lewis rats. Br J Pharmacol. 2000;131:1399-407 pubmed..7. This study provides the first evidence that cloricromene, a coumarine derivative, attenuates the degree of chronic inflammation and tissue damage associated with collagen-induced arthritis in the rat. ..
- Maccarrone M, Attina M, Cartoni A, Bari M, Finazzi Agro A. Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry analysis of endogenous cannabinoids in healthy and tumoral human brain and human cells in culture. J Neurochem. 2001;76:594-601 pubmed..These ex vivo results fully support the purported roles of endocannabinoids in the nervous system. ..
- Menichella D, Arroyo E, Awatramani R, Xu T, Baron P, Vallat J, et al. Protein zero is necessary for E-cadherin-mediated adherens junction formation in Schwann cells. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2001;18:606-18 pubmed..Interestingly, axoglial junction formation is normal in P0(-/-) nerve. Taken together, these data demonstrate that P0 is necessary for the formation of adherens junctions but not axoglial junctions in myelinating Schwann cells. ..
- Sassoè Pognetto M, Utvik J, Camoletto P, Watanabe M, Stephenson F, Bredt D, et al. Organization of postsynaptic density proteins and glutamate receptors in axodendritic and dendrodendritic synapses of the rat olfactory bulb. J Comp Neurol. 2003;463:237-48 pubmed..The latter molecules appear to be expressed in an all-or-none fashion and may form a standard lattice common to different types of glutamatergic synapse. ..
- Romorini S, Piccoli G, Jiang M, Grossano P, Tonna N, Passafaro M, et al. A functional role of postsynaptic density-95-guanylate kinase-associated protein complex in regulating Shank assembly and stability to synapses. J Neurosci. 2004;24:9391-404 pubmed..Our data suggest a possible functional and structural role of the PSD-95-GKAP complex in Shank and PSD protein assembly and stability to synapses. ..
- Di Filippo C, Marfella R, Cuzzocrea S, Piegari E, Petronella P, Giugliano D, et al. Hyperglycemia in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rat increases infarct size associated with low levels of myocardial HO-1 during ischemia/reperfusion. Diabetes. 2005;54:803-10 pubmed..This recovered the huge number of infiltrated polymorphonuclear (PMN) leukocytes within the cardiac tissue associated with the STZ hyperglycemic state and I/R damage. ..
- Fucile S, Sucapane A, Eusebi F. Ca2+ permeability of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors from rat dorsal root ganglion neurones. J Physiol. 2005;565:219-28 pubmed..Finally, we report that Ca2+ influx through nAChRs in adult DRG neurones negatively modulated the TRPV1-mediated responses, representing a possible mechanism underlying the analgesic properties of nicotinic agonists on sensory neurones. ..
- Longordo F, Feligioni M, Chiaramonte G, Sbaffi P, Raiteri M, Pittaluga A. The human immunodeficiency virus-1 protein transactivator of transcription up-regulates N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor function by acting at metabotropic glutamate receptor 1 receptors coexisting on human and rat brain noradrenergic neurones. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006;317:1097-105 pubmed..To conclude, Tat can represent a potent pathological agonist at mGlu1 receptors able to release acetylcholine from human cholinergic terminals and up-regulate NMDARs mediating NE release from human and rat noradrenergic terminals. ..
- Martignoni M, Groothuis G, de Kanter R. Comparison of mouse and rat cytochrome P450-mediated metabolism in liver and intestine. Drug Metab Dispos. 2006;34:1047-54 pubmed..Moreover, we show that intestinal slices are a useful in vitro technique to study gut metabolism. ..
- Veroni C, Grasso M, Macchia G, Ramoni C, Ceccarini M, Petrucci T, et al. beta-dystrobrevin, a kinesin-binding receptor, interacts with the extracellular matrix components pancortins. J Neurosci Res. 2007;85:2631-9 pubmed..We suggest that dystrobrevin, a motor protein receptor that binds kinesin heavy chain, might play a role in intracellular transport of pancortin to specific sites in the cell...
- Ravera S, Musante L, Calzia D, Panfoli I, Bruschi M, Candiano G, et al. Expression of adenylate kinase 1 in bovine retinal cytosol. Curr Eye Res. 2007;32:249-57 pubmed..In this study, we found that cytosolic adenylate kinase isoform 1 is expressed in bovine retina. Cytoplasmic AK1 would physiologically contribute to retinal energy metabolism. ..
- Villa P, Triulzi S, Cavalieri B, Di Bitondo R, Bertini R, Barbera S, et al. The interleukin-8 (IL-8/CXCL8) receptor inhibitor reparixin improves neurological deficits and reduces long-term inflammation in permanent and transient cerebral ischemia in rats. Mol Med. 2007;13:125-33 pubmed..MRI analysis identified a decrease in the progression of infarct size by reparixin that was more evident at 48 h in permanent MCAO, and was associated with a significantly improved recovery from long-term neurological deficits. ..
- Soldati C, Biagioni S, Poiana G, Augusti Tocco G. beta-Catenin and actin reorganization in HGF/SF response of ST14A cells. J Neurosci Res. 2008;86:1044-52 pubmed..The data reported suggest that HGF could play a role in the early steps of neurogenesis as a motogenic factor. ..
- Bulbarelli A, Lonati E, Cazzaniga E, Re F, Sesana S, Barisani D, et al. TrkA pathway activation induced by amyloid-beta (Abeta). Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;40:365-73 pubmed publisher..These results have been confirmed by using pathophysiological Abeta (1-42) oligomers. Our data provide the evidence that Abeta induces the TrkA pathway activation directly by itself and indirectly promoting NGF secretion. ..
- Galluzzo P, Rastelli C, Bulzomi P, Acconcia F, Pallottini V, Marino M. 17beta-Estradiol regulates the first steps of skeletal muscle cell differentiation via ER-alpha-mediated signals. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009;297:C1249-62 pubmed publisher..All together, these data indicate that E(2) should be included in the list of skeletal muscle trophic factors. ..
- Balboni G, Marzola E, Sasaki Y, Ambo A, Marczak E, Lazarus L, et al. Role of 2',6'-dimethyl-l-tyrosine (Dmt) in some opioid lead compounds. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010;18:6024-30 pubmed publisher..Antagonists containing the Dmt-Tic pharmacophore do not support the exchange of Dmt with Dft or Tyr. ..
- Carnevale G, Di Viesti V, Zavatti M, Benelli A, Zanoli P. Influence of Griffonia simplicifolia on male sexual behavior in rats: behavioral and neurochemical study. Phytomedicine. 2011;18:947-52 pubmed publisher..The daily administration of the extract dosed at 50 and 100 mg/kg for 9 days significantly reduced food intake and body weight. Finally in the microdialysis experiments we found a dramatic increase in 5-HT and its metabolite 5-HIAA...
- Bolognesi M, Zampieri F, Di Pascoli M, Verardo A, Turato C, Calabrese F, et al. Increased myoendothelial gap junctions mediate the enhanced response to epoxyeicosatrienoic acid and acetylcholine in mesenteric arterial vessels of cirrhotic rats. Liver Int. 2011;31:881-90 pubmed publisher..05). The increased nitric oxide/PGI(2)-independent vasodilation of mesenteric arterial circulation in cirrhosis is because of, at least in part, hyperreactivity to 11,12-EET through an increased expression of myoendothelial GJs. ..
- Scalise M, Galluccio M, Accardi R, Cornet I, Tommasino M, Indiveri C. Human OCTN2 (SLC22A5) is down-regulated in virus- and nonvirus-mediated cancer. Cell Biochem Funct. 2012;30:419-25 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate for the first time that the OCTN2 transporter is generally down-regulated in virus and nonvirus-mediated epithelial cancers, probably via methylation of its promoter region. ..
- Di Capua A, Sticozzi C, Brogi S, Brindisi M, Cappelli A, Sautebin L, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of fluorinated 1,5-diarylpyrrole-3-alkoxyethyl ether derivatives as selective COX-2 inhibitors endowed with anti-inflammatory activity. Eur J Med Chem. 2016;109:99-106 pubmed publisher..Compound 10b exhibited a prominent inÂ vivo anti-inflammatory and antinociceptive activities, in addition its antiproliferative power in an inÂ vitro model of human skin cancer is herein described. ..
- Caciagli F, Ciccarelli R, Di Iorio P, Ballerini P, Tacconelli L. Cultures of glial cells release purines under field electrical stimulation: the possible ionic mechanisms. Pharmacol Res Commun. 1988;20:935-47 pubmed..These findings indicate that the frequency-dependent purine release from cultured glial cells is linked to ionic mechanisms, which calcium and potassium are mainly involved in. ..
- Befani O, Shiozaki T, Turini P, Gerosa P, Mondovi B. Inhibition of diamine oxidase activity by metronidazole. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;212:589-94 pubmed
- Savastano S, Tommaselli A, Valentino R, Scarpitta M, D Amore G, Luciano A, et al. Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and immune system. Acta Neurol (Napoli). 1994;16:206-13 pubmed
- Zanassi P, Paolillo M, Schinelli S. Coexpression of phospholipase A2 isoforms in rat striatal astrocytes. Neurosci Lett. 1998;247:83-6 pubmed..These data suggest that the two PLA2 isoforms expressed in striatal astrocytes might play different roles in cellular processes mediated by astrocytes. ..
- Rampello L, Drago F. Nicergoline facilitates vestibular compensation in aged male rats with unilateral labyrinthectomy. Neurosci Lett. 1999;267:93-6 pubmed..DHE appeared to be less potent in this respect. Since both drugs act on central dopaminergic neurotransmission, it is possible that this neurotransmission may be involved in their mechanism of action. ..
- Ricchelli F, Gobbo S, Moreno G, Salet C. Changes of the fluidity of mitochondrial membranes induced by the permeability transition. Biochemistry. 1999;38:9295-300 pubmed..We suggest that the observed increase in fluidity is mainly due to a conformational change of pore-forming protein(s) during the "assembly" of the PT pore. ..
- Cuzzocrea S, McDonald M, Mazzon E, Mota Filipe H, Lepore V, Ciccolo A, et al. The tyrosine kinase inhibitor tyrphostin AG 126 reduced the development of colitis in the rat. Lab Invest. 2000;80:1439-53 pubmed..Thus, we provide the first evidence that the tyrosine kinase inhibitor Tyrphostin AG126 reduces the degree of colitis caused by DNBS. ..
- Blandizzi C, De Paolis B, Colucci R, Lazzeri G, Baschiera F, Del Tacca M. Characterization of a novel mechanism accounting for the adverse cholinergic effects of the anticancer drug irinotecan. Br J Pharmacol. 2001;132:73-84 pubmed
- Gioia M, Galbiati S, Rigamonti L, Moscheni C, Gagliano N. Extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1 and 2 phosphorylated neurons in the tele- and diencephalon of rat after visceral pain stimulation: an immunocytochemical study. Neurosci Lett. 2001;308:177-80 pubmed..Our data suggest an association of erks activation with the emotional component of nociception; moreover, they show that erks activation is not suppressed by anaesthesia. ..
- Sirtori C, Lovati M, Manzoni C, Castiglioni S, Duranti M, Magni C, et al. Proteins of white lupin seed, a naturally isoflavone-poor legume, reduce cholesterolemia in rats and increase LDL receptor activity in HepG2 cells. J Nutr. 2004;134:18-23 pubmed..Further, the cholesterol reduction appears to be associated with stimulation of LDL receptors by a well-defined protein component of the lupin seeds as demonstrated by in vitro studies. ..
- Fucile S, Renzi M, Lauro C, Limatola C, Ciotti T, Eusebi F. Nicotinic cholinergic stimulation promotes survival and reduces motility of cultured rat cerebellar granule cells. Neuroscience. 2004;127:53-61 pubmed
- Cardinale A, Filesi I, Vetrugno V, Pocchiari M, Sy M, Biocca S. Trapping prion protein in the endoplasmic reticulum impairs PrPC maturation and prevents PrPSc accumulation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:685-94 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that ER-targeted anti-prion antibodies prevent PrP(Sc) accumulation in nerve growth factor-differentiated PC12 cells, providing a new tool to study the molecular pathology of prion diseases. ..
- Tonazzi A, Giangregorio N, Indiveri C, Palmieri F. Identification by site-directed mutagenesis and chemical modification of three vicinal cysteine residues in rat mitochondrial carnitine/acylcarnitine transporter. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:19607-12 pubmed..They indicate that Cys(58), Cys(136), and Cys(155) become close in the tertiary structure of the CAC during its catalytic cycle. ..
- Conti A, Reggiani C, Sorrentino V. Selective expression of the type 3 isoform of ryanodine receptor Ca2+ release channel (RyR3) in a subset of slow fibers in diaphragm and cephalic muscles of adult rabbits. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;337:195-200 pubmed publisher..Staining of these muscles with antibodies against fast and slow myosins revealed a close correlation between expression of RyR3 and fibers expressing slow myosin isoform...
- Muntoni A, Pillolla G, Melis M, Perra S, Gessa G, Pistis M. Cannabinoids modulate spontaneous neuronal activity and evoked inhibition of locus coeruleus noradrenergic neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;23:2385-94 pubmed..g. cognitive and attention deficits, anxiety reactions), as well as a role for cannabinoid receptors in basic brain activities sustaining arousal and emotional states. ..
- Santone R, Giorgi M, Maccarone R, Basso M, Deplano S, Bisti S. Gene expression and protein localization of calmodulin-dependent phosphodiesterase in adult rat retina. J Neurosci Res. 2006;84:1020-6 pubmed..The present data provide evidence of expression of PDE1 isoforms in mammalian retina with a complementary distribution of PDE1A and PDE1C, suggesting different roles in retinal function. ..
- Invernizzi R, Pierucci M, Calcagno E, Di Giovanni G, Di Matteo V, Benigno A, et al. Selective activation of 5-HT(2C) receptors stimulates GABA-ergic function in the rat substantia nigra pars reticulata: a combined in vivo electrophysiological and neurochemical study. Neuroscience. 2007;144:1523-35 pubmed..It is concluded that selective activation of 5-HT(2C) receptors stimulates GABA-ergic function in the SNr, and the clinical relevance of these data is discussed. ..
- Ianniello F, Noviello S, Leone S, Esposito S, Lucisano A, Ciarcia R. [Changes in intestinal microflora following levofloxacin administration in laboratory animals]. Infez Med. 2005;13:168-74 pubmed..Therefore, it may be suitable for selective decontamination of the gastrointestinal tract in immunocompromised patients, for prophylaxis of urinary tract infections and for treatment of intestinal bacterial infections...
- Tronci E, Simola N, Borsini F, Schintu N, Frau L, Carminati P, et al. Characterization of the antiparkinsonian effects of the new adenosine A2A receptor antagonist ST1535: acute and subchronic studies in rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2007;566:94-102 pubmed..Moreover, in agreement to other well characterized adenosine A2A receptor antagonists, ST1535 features antitremorigenic effects. ..
- Russo R, Siviglia E, Gliozzi M, Amantea D, Paoletti A, Berliocchi L, et al. Evidence implicating matrix metalloproteinases in the mechanism underlying accumulation of IL-1beta and neuronal apoptosis in the neocortex of HIV/gp120-exposed rats. Int Rev Neurobiol. 2007;82:407-21 pubmed
- Cifani C, Durocher Y, Pathak A, Penicaud L, Smih F, Massi M, et al. Possible common central pathway for resistin and insulin in regulating food intake. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2009;196:395-400 pubmed publisher..The observation that RSTN does not modify feeding INS-induced hypophagia, but does influence NPY-induced feeding, points to the possibility that RSTN may be involved in control of food intake through an NPY-ergic mechanism as INS. ..
- Tortorella C, Guidolin D, Petrelli L, De Toni R, Milanesi O, Ruga E, et al. Prolonged zidovudine administration induces a moderate increase in the growth and steroidogenic capacity of the rat adrenal cortex. Int J Mol Med. 2009;23:799-804 pubmed
- Sironi C, Teesalu T, Muggia A, Fontana G, Marino F, Savaresi S, et al. EFA6A encodes two isoforms with distinct biological activities in neuronal cells. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:2108-18 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that EFA6A could participate in neuronal morphogenesis through the regulated expression of two functionally distinct isoforms. ..
- Dell Antone P. Targets of 3-bromopyruvate, a new, energy depleting, anticancer agent. Med Chem. 2009;5:491-6 pubmed..The significance of the present findings in concern with a possible therapeutic usefulness of the drug is discussed. ..
- Parisella M, Angelone T, Gattuso A, Cerra M, Pellegrino D. Glycyrrhizin and glycyrrhetinic acid directly modulate rat cardiac performance. J Nutr Biochem. 2012;23:69-75 pubmed publisher..Additional information on the physiological significance of these substances and their cardiac molecular targets may provide indication on their biomedical application. ..
- Marcolongo P, Senesi S, Giunti R, Csala M, Fulceri R, Banhegyi G, et al. Expression of hexose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase in rat tissues. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2011;126:57-64 pubmed publisher..Correlation was found between the dehydrogenase activity and protein or mRNA levels. The results confirmed the supposed housekeeping feature of the enzyme. ..
- Zingarelli B, Squadrito F, Altavilla D, Calapai G, Campo G, Calo M, et al. Evidence for a role of nitric oxide in hypovolemic hemorrhagic shock. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 1992;19:982-6 pubmed..v.), given 2 min after administration of L-NAME. Our findings suggest that NO production plays an important role in the pathophysiology of hemorrhagic shock. ..
- Purrello M, Bettuzzi S, Di Pietro C, Mirabile E, Di Blasi M, Rimini R, et al. The gene for SP-40,40, human homolog of rat sulfated glycoprotein 2, rat clusterin, and rat testosterone-repressed prostate message 2, maps to chromosome 8. Genomics. 1991;10:151-6 pubmed..The chromosomal mapping of the locus for this multiname protein should facilitate its cloning and a better understanding of the apparently many biological functions of its product. ..
- Amenta F, Cavallotti D, del Valle M, Mancini M, Naves F, Vega J, et al. Age-related changes in brain microanatomy: sensitivity to treatment with the dihydropyridine calcium channel blocker darodipine (PY 108-068). Brain Res Bull. 1995;36:453-60 pubmed..The occipital (visual) cortex and the hippocampus were the cerebral areas more sensitive to treatment with darodipine. The possible relevance of these findings is discussed. ..
- Canale P, Squadrito F, Altavilla D, Ioculano M, Campo G, Squadrito G, et al. Beneficial effects of BAY u3405, a novel thromboxane A2 receptor antagonist, in splanchnic artery occlusion shock. Pharmacology. 1994;49:376-85 pubmed..Our data are consistent with an involvement of thromboxane A2 in splanchnic artery occlusion shock and suggest that BAY u3405 might be of benefit in low-flow states such as circulatory shock. ..
- Esposito F, Fiore F, Cimino F, Russo T. Isolation and structural characterization of the rat gene encoding the brain specific snRNP-associated polypeptide "N". Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;195:317-26 pubmed..We isolated and characterized two of these regions. They contain sequences very similar to the cDNA, not interrupted by introns and flanked by a polyA tail at their 3'-ends; hence they are considered two different pseudogenes. ..
- Gatti A, Robinson P. Unique phosphorylation of protein kinase C-alpha in PC12 cells induces resistance to translocation and down-regulation. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:31718-22 pubmed..These results suggest that site-specific transphosphorylation or autophosphorylation of this kinase may regulate its subcellular localization and susceptibility to down-regulation. ..
- Menegon A, Leoni C, Benfenati F, Valtorta F. Tat protein from HIV-1 activates MAP kinase in granular neurons and glial cells from rat cerebellum. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;238:800-5 pubmed..This study shows that Tat applied extracellularly is able to induce the generation of intracellular signals in neuronal as well as glial cells. ..
- Brancaccio M, Guazzone S, Menini N, Sibona E, Hirsch E, De Andrea M, et al. Melusin is a new muscle-specific interactor for beta(1) integrin cytoplasmic domain. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:29282-8 pubmed
- Ventura C, Maioli M, Pintus G, Gottardi G, Bersani F. Elf-pulsed magnetic fields modulate opioid peptide gene expression in myocardial cells. Cardiovasc Res. 2000;45:1054-64 pubmed..Due to the wide ranging importance of opioid peptides in myocardial cell homeostasis, the current data may suggest consideration for potential biological effects of PMF in the cardiovascular system. ..
- Amici A, Smorlesi A, Noce G, Santoni G, Cappelletti P, Capparuccia L, et al. DNA vaccination with full-length or truncated neu induces protective immunity against the development of spontaneous mammary tumors in HER-2/neu transgenic mice. Gene Ther. 2000;7:703-6 pubmed..Our data demonstrate the effectiveness of DNA vaccination using truncated Neu plasmids in inducing antitumor protection in a spontaneous mammary tumor model. ..
- Conti G, Blandini F, Tassorelli C, Giubilei F, Fornai F, Zocchi A, et al. Intrastriatal injection of D1 or D2 dopamine agonists affects glucose utilization in both the direct and indirect pathways of the rat basal ganglia. Neurosci Lett. 2001;309:161-4 pubmed
- Vercelli A, Garbossa D, Repici M, Biasiol S, Jhaveri S. Role of nitric oxide in the development of retinal projections. Ital J Anat Embryol. 2001;106:489-98 pubmed..Our results suggest that, in the mammalian visual system, NO released from target neurons in the SC and LGB serves as a retrograde signal which feeds back on retinal afferents, influencing their growth. ..
- Ciccocioppo R, Biondini M, Antonelli L, Wichmann J, Jenck F, Massi M. Reversal of stress- and CRF-induced anorexia in rats by the synthetic nociceptin/orphanin FQ receptor agonist, Ro 64-6198. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2002;161:113-9 pubmed..Thus, Ro 64-6198 may represent an interesting tool for treatment of stress-induced anorexia. ..
- Di Stefano L, Jensen M, Helin K. E2F7, a novel E2F featuring DP-independent repression of a subset of E2F-regulated genes. EMBO J. 2003;22:6289-98 pubmed..Taken together, these data demonstrate that E2F7 is a unique repressor of a subset of E2F target genes whose products are required for cell cycle progression. ..
- Grazia Cascio M, Minassi A, Ligresti A, Appendino G, Burstein S, Di Marzo V. A structure-activity relationship study on N-arachidonoyl-amino acids as possible endogenous inhibitors of fatty acid amide hydrolase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;314:192-6 pubmed..Taken together, these data support the view that an enhancement of endogenous anandamide levels underlies in part the analgesic effects of NAGly in rodents. ..
- Ronzitti G, Callegari F, Malaguti C, Rossini G. Selective disruption of the E-cadherin-catenin system by an algal toxin. Br J Cancer. 2004;90:1100-7 pubmed
- Benfante R, Antonini R, Vaccari M, Flora A, Chen F, Clementi F, et al. The expression of the human neuronal alpha3 Na+,K+-ATPase subunit gene is regulated by the activity of the Sp1 and NF-Y transcription factors. Biochem J. 2005;386:63-72 pubmed..Although the expression of these factors is not tissue-specific, co-operative functional interactions among them are required to direct the activity of the promoter predominantly in neuronal cells. ..
- Conconi M, De Coppi P, Bellini S, Zara G, Sabatti M, Marzaro M, et al. Homologous muscle acellular matrix seeded with autologous myoblasts as a tissue-engineering approach to abdominal wall-defect repair. Biomaterials. 2005;26:2567-74 pubmed
- Genazzani A, Bernardi F, Pluchino N, Giretti M, Begliuomini S, Casarosa E, et al. Effect of tibolone administration on central and peripheral levels of allopregnanolone and beta-endorphin in female rats. Menopause. 2006;13:57-64 pubmed..Compared with E2V, 0.5 mg/kg/d tibolone showed a similar effect on allopregnanolone and beta-EP in most brain regions. Tibolone administration affects beta-EP and allopregnanolone levels, playing a role as a neuroendocrine modulator. ..