Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Israel
Publications358 found, 100 shown here
- Sela Abramovich S, Edry I, Galiani D, Nevo N, Dekel N. Disruption of gap junctional communication within the ovarian follicle induces oocyte maturation. Endocrinology. 2006;147:2280-6 pubmed
- Lavi G, Voronov E, Dinarello C, Apte R, Cohen S. Sustained delivery of IL-1 Ra from biodegradable microspheres reduces the number of murine B16 melanoma lung metastases. J Control Release. 2007;123:123-30 pubmed..As such, the system can be integrated into therapeutic protocols for treating metastatic cancers. ..
- Aricha R, Reuveni D, Fuchs S, Souroujon M. Suppression of experimental autoimmune myasthenia gravis by autologous T regulatory cells. J Autoimmun. 2016;67:57-64 pubmed publisher..This study opens the way for the application of induced autologous Treg cell therapy for myasthenia gravis, as well as for other human autoimmune diseases involving Treg cells. ..
- Ambar I, Kloog Y, Sokolovsky M. Solubilization of rat brain phencyclidine receptors in an active binding form that is sensitive to N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor ligands. J Neurochem. 1988;51:133-40 pubmed..The successful solubilization of the PCP receptors in an active binding form should now facilitate their purification. ..
- Horn S, Cohen R, Gertler A. Regulation of heat-shock protein (hsp70) gene expression by hGH and IL2 in rat Nb2 lymphoma cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1994;105:139-46 pubmed..These results indicate that activation of PKC is one of the signaling pathways differentially involved in hGH and IL2 stimulation of cells.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Monsonego Ornan E, Adar R, Rom E, Yayon A. FGF receptors ubiquitylation: dependence on tyrosine kinase activity and role in downregulation. FEBS Lett. 2002;528:83-9 pubmed..We conclude that phosphorylation is essential for FGFR3 ubiquitylation, but is not sufficient to induce downregulation of its internalization resistant mutants. ..
- Lloyd Evans E, Pelled D, Riebeling C, Bodennec J, de Morgan A, Waller H, et al. Glucosylceramide and glucosylsphingosine modulate calcium mobilization from brain microsomes via different mechanisms. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:23594-9 pubmed
- Halperin R, Shinnar N, Kronfeld Schor N, Hadas E. Effect of intrauterine injection of casein on fetal survival in rat: a new pharmacological approach for contraception. Contraception. 2006;73:641-4 pubmed..Our data suggest a new pharmacological approach for contraception, based on local intrauterine effect of alpha-casein in an experimental rat model. The exact mechanism of action related to casein should be further studied. ..
- Zlotnik A, Gurevich B, Tkachov S, Maoz I, Shapira Y, Teichberg V. Brain neuroprotection by scavenging blood glutamate. Exp Neurol. 2007;203:213-20 pubmed..89, P=0.001), we conclude that blood glutamate scavenging affords brain neuroprotection Blood glutamate scavenging may open now new therapeutic options. ..
- Golan N, Adamsky K, Kartvelishvily E, Brockschnieder D, Mobius W, Spiegel I, et al. Identification of Tmem10/Opalin as an oligodendrocyte enriched gene using expression profiling combined with genetic cell ablation. Glia. 2008;56:1176-86 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a possible role of Tmem10 in oligodendrocyte differentiation and CNS myelination. ..
- Carmeli E, Kodesh E, Nemcovsky C. Tetracycline therapy for muscle atrophy due to immobilization. J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact. 2009;9:81-8 pubmed..Tetracycline administration has beneficial effect on expression of enzymes involved in protein degradation. This may suggest a protective effect on protein degradation during immobilization. ..
- Nedivi E, Fieldust S, Theill L, Hevron D. A set of genes expressed in response to light in the adult cerebral cortex and regulated during development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:2048-53 pubmed..In addition, these results provide candidate genes the function of which may underlie mechanisms of adult cortical reorganization. ..
- Weinreb M, Rutledge S, Rodan G. Systemic administration of an anabolic dose of prostaglandin E2 induces early-response genes in rat bones. Bone. 1997;20:347-53 pubmed..The induction of early-response genes may thus be the first step in a chain of events which leads to the anabolic effect of PGE2 in vivo. ..
- Guitton M, Klin Y, Dudai Y. Taste-dependent sociophobia: when food and company do not mix. Behav Brain Res. 2008;191:148-52 pubmed publisher..We now show that a similar protocol results in a marked lingering impairment in social interactions in response to the conditioned taste. This is hence a learned situation in which food and company do not mix well. ..
- Cohen H, Kaplan Z, Kozlovsky N, Gidron Y, Matar M, Zohar J. Hippocampal microinfusion of oxytocin attenuates the behavioural response to stress by means of dynamic interplay with the glucocorticoid-catecholamine responses. J Neuroendocrinol. 2010;22:889-904 pubmed publisher..Oxytocin is actively involved in the neurobiological response to predator scent stress processes and thus warrants further study as a potential therapeutic avenue for the treatment of anxiety-related disorders. ..
- Kaplan Kraicer R, Bardin C, Shalgi R. Anordiol and RU486 synergize to produce preimplantation pregnancy loss by increasing embryo transport (rat). Contraception. 1995;51:141-6 pubmed..These results led us to conclude that the pregnancy preventing action of anordiol plus RU486 is mostly due to accelerated transport of the embryos in the reproductive tract prior to implantation. ..
- Haklai R, Weisz M, Elad G, Paz A, Marciano D, Egozi Y, et al. Dislodgment and accelerated degradation of Ras. Biochemistry. 1998;37:1306-14 pubmed..The results suggest that FTS affects docking of Ras in the cell membrane in a rather specific manner, rendering the protein susceptible to proteolytic degradation...
- Brugman S, Klatter F, Visser J, Bos N, Elias D, Rozing J. Neonatal oral administration of DiaPep277, combined with hydrolysed casein diet, protects against Type 1 diabetes in BB-DP rats. An experimental study. Diabetologia. 2004;47:1331-1333 pubmed publisher..Short-term neonatal feeding with p277 in early life, combined with diet adaptation, appears to provide a procedure to significantly reduce the development of Type 1 diabetes in later life. ..
- Fishman P, Bar Yehuda S, Madi L, Rath Wolfson L, Ochaion A, Cohen S, et al. The PI3K-NF-kappaB signal transduction pathway is involved in mediating the anti-inflammatory effect of IB-MECA in adjuvant-induced arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2006;8:R33 pubmed..The finding that the A3AR expression level in the peripheral blood mononuclear cells and in the DLN reflects the receptor status in the remote inflammatory site suggests use of the A3AR as a follow-up biomarker. ..
- Avital A, Segal M, Richter Levin G. Contrasting roles of corticosteroid receptors in hippocampal plasticity. J Neurosci. 2006;26:9130-4 pubmed..Finally, the blockade of both MRs and GRs led to impairment of long-term potentiation. These findings indicate that MRs and GRs assume opposite roles in regulation of synaptic plasticity after acute exposure to stressors. ..
- Quintana F, Mimran A, Carmi P, Mor F, Cohen I. HSP60 as a target of anti-ergotypic regulatory T cells. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e4026 pubmed publisher..Thus, by functioning as an ergotope, HSP60 can control both the effector T cells and the regulatory HSP60-specific T cells that control them. ..
- Bar Yehuda S, Rath Wolfson L, del Valle L, Ochaion A, Cohen S, Patoka R, et al. Induction of an antiinflammatory effect and prevention of cartilage damage in rat knee osteoarthritis by CF101 treatment. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:3061-71 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of CF101 on the clinical and pathologic manifestations of OA in an experimental animal model...
- Nov O, Kohl A, Lewis E, Bashan N, Dvir I, Ben Shlomo S, et al. Interleukin-1beta may mediate insulin resistance in liver-derived cells in response to adipocyte inflammation. Endocrinology. 2010;151:4247-56 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that adipocyte-derived IL-1beta may constitute a mediator in the perturbed cross talk between adipocytes and liver cells in response to adipose tissue inflammation. ..
- Haim G, Ephraim E, Ronen P, Haim S. Colchicine prolongs patency of myringotomy in an animal model. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2011;75:554-7 pubmed publisher..01% solution. Further investigations are required to validate these results in humans and to study the potential effect of repetitive Colchicine application on the duration of myringotomy patency for the treatment of COME. ..
- Perry R, Doron Mandel E, Iavnilovitch E, Rishal I, Dagan S, Tsoory M, et al. Subcellular knockout of importin ?1 perturbs axonal retrograde signaling. Neuron. 2012;75:294-305 pubmed publisher..Thus, localized translation of Importin ?1 mRNA enables separation of cytoplasmic and nuclear transport functions of importins and is required for efficient retrograde signaling in injured axons. ..
- Yissachar N, Sharar Fischler T, Cohen A, Reich Zeliger S, Russ D, Shifrut E, et al. Dynamic response diversity of NFAT isoforms in individual living cells. Mol Cell. 2013;49:322-30 pubmed publisher..We suggest that dynamic response diversity of seemingly redundant genes can provide cells with enhanced capabilities of temporal information processing. ..
- Shacham S, Cheifetz M, Fridkin M, Pawson A, Millar R, Naor Z. Identification of Ser153 in ICL2 of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor as a phosphorylation-independent site for inhibition of Gq coupling. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:28981-8 pubmed..Because the phosphomimetic ICL2-S153E peptide did not mimic the stimulatory effect of the ICL2 peptide, the inhibitory effect of Ser153 operates through a phosphorylation-independent mechanism. ..
- Schwartz M, Kipnis J. Model of acute injury to study neuroprotection. Methods Mol Biol. 2007;399:41-53 pubmed publisher..This approach is collectively termed neuroprotection. In this chapter, we present a view of experimental paradigms used to study neuroprotection. ..
- Sprecher Levy H, Orr Urtreger A, Lonai P, Horowitz M. Murine prosaposin: expression in the reproductive system of a gene implicated in human genetic diseases. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 1993;39:287-99 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that prosaposin may play an important role in the reproductive system as well as the nervous system. ..
- Sasson R, Winder N, Kees S, Amsterdam A. Induction of apoptosis in granulosa cells by TNF alpha and its attenuation by glucocorticoids involve modulation of Bcl-2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;294:51-9 pubmed
- Schonfeld Dado E, Segal M. Activity deprivation induces neuronal cell death: mediation by tissue-type plasminogen activator. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25919 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that tPA is a pivotal player in slowly progressing activity deprivation-induced neurodegeneration. ..
- Kessler E, Mould A, Hulmes D. Procollagen type I C-proteinase enhancer is a naturally occurring connective tissue glycoprotein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;173:81-6 pubmed..The results suggest that procollagen C-proteinase enhancer is a specific connective tissue glycoprotein that is likely to regulate procollagen processing in vivo. ..
- Weizman Z. Plasma immunoreactive cationic trypsin(ogen) pattern in reserpinized rat model of cystic fibrosis. Resemblance to humans. Dig Dis Sci. 1996;41:853-8 pubmed..We suggest that this model be studied further in order to investigate other possible mechanisms. ..
- Im S, Barchan D, Fuchs S, Souroujon M. Suppression of ongoing experimental myasthenia by oral treatment with an acetylcholine receptor recombinant fragment. J Clin Invest. 1999;104:1723-30 pubmed..Our results in experimental myasthenia suggest that oral administration of AChR-specific recombinant fragments may be considered for antigen-specific immunotherapy of myasthenia gravis. ..
- Almog B, Gold R, Tajima K, Dantes A, Salim K, Rubinstein M, et al. Leptin attenuates follicular apoptosis and accelerates the onset of puberty in immature rats. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2001;183:179-91 pubmed..Our data suggests that leptin may be involved in accelerating follicular maturation by attenuating follicular atresia and increasing the ratio of Bcl-2/Bax. ..
- Brann A, Tcherpakov M, Williams I, Futerman A, Fainzilber M. Nerve growth factor-induced p75-mediated death of cultured hippocampal neurons is age-dependent and transduced through ceramide generated by neutral sphingomyelinase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:9812-8 pubmed..These data indicate an initiating role of ceramide generated by neutral sphingomyelinase in the diverse neuronal responses induced by binding of neurotrophins to p75. ..
- Abramson J, Pecht I. Clustering the mast cell function-associated antigen (MAFA) leads to tyrosine phosphorylation of p62Dok and SHIP and affects RBL-2H3 cell cycle. Immunol Lett. 2002;82:23-8 pubmed..We therefore suggest that MAFA has also a role in regulating RBL-2H3 cell proliferation rate by inhibiting RasGTP formation in the Ras signaling pathway. ..
- Bodennec J, Pelled D, Riebeling C, Trajkovic S, Futerman A. Phosphatidylcholine synthesis is elevated in neuronal models of Gaucher disease due to direct activation of CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase by glucosylceramide. FASEB J. 2002;16:1814-6 pubmed..Together, these data demonstrate that GlcCer directly activates CCT, which results in elevated PC synthesis, which may account for some of the changes in growth rates observed upon neuronal GlcCer accumulation. ..
- Di Capua N, Sperling O, Zoref Shani E. Protein kinase C-epsilon is involved in the adenosine-activated signal transduction pathway conferring protection against ischemia-reperfusion injury in primary rat neuronal cultures. J Neurochem. 2003;84:409-12 pubmed..These results demonstrate that activation of PKC-epsilon is a vital step in the neuronal adenosine-activated STP. ..
- Tiran Z, Peretz A, Attali B, Elson A. Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of Kv2.1 Channel activity at tyrosine 124 by Src and by protein-tyrosine phosphatase epsilon. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:17509-14 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that Tyr(124) is a significant site at which the mutually antagonistic activities of Src and cyt-PTPepsilon affect Kv2.1 phosphorylation and activity. ..
- Rouach N, Segal M, Koulakoff A, Giaume C, Avignone E. Carbenoxolone blockade of neuronal network activity in culture is not mediated by an action on gap junctions. J Physiol. 2003;553:729-45 pubmed..These data demonstrate that CBX does not exert its action on network activity of cultured neurons through astrocytic GJs and suggest that it has direct effects on neurons, not involving GJs. ..
- Kessler Icekson G, Schlesinger H, Freimann S, Kessler E. Expression of procollagen C-proteinase enhancer-1 in the remodeling rat heart is stimulated by aldosterone. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2006;38:358-65 pubmed..Since PCPE-1 itself is a positive regulator of collagen deposition, this finding suggests PCPE-1 as a new potential target for intervention with cardiac fibrosis. ..
- Akirav I, Raizel H, Maroun M. Enhancement of conditioned fear extinction by infusion of the GABA(A) agonist muscimol into the rat prefrontal cortex and amygdala. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;23:758-64 pubmed..The involvement of GABA(A) receptors in fear extinction in the prefrontal cortex and amygdala is of particular interest, because of the role of these areas in emotional processes, and the role of the GABA(A) receptors in anxiety states. ..
- Morick D, Baneth G, Avidor B, Kosoy M, Mumcuoglu K, Mintz D, et al. Detection of Bartonella spp. in wild rodents in Israel using HRM real-time PCR. Vet Microbiol. 2009;139:293-7 pubmed publisher..Further investigation of the prevalence and zoonotic potential of the Bartonella species detected in the black rats and the Cairo spiny mouse is warranted...
- Cardon M, Ron Harel N, Cohen H, Lewitus G, Schwartz M. Dysregulation of kisspeptin and neurogenesis at adolescence link inborn immune deficits to the late onset of abnormal sensorimotor gating in congenital psychological disorders. Mol Psychiatry. 2010;15:415-25 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that a form of congenital immune deficiency may be a key factor that determines manifestation of developmental neuropsychological disorders with onset only at early adulthood. ..
- Weiss B, Barshack I, Onaca N, Goldberg I, Berkovich Z, Melzer E, et al. Vitamin A deficiency associated with enhanced proliferation of bile duct epithelial cells in the rat. Isr Med Assoc J. 2010;12:82-6 pubmed..Our observations suggest that deficiency of vitamin A may exacerbate cholestasis, due to excessive intrahepatic bile duct proliferation. ..
- Aghion E, Levy G, Ovadia S. In vivo behavior of biodegradable Mg-Nd-Y-Zr-Ca alloy. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2012;23:805-12 pubmed publisher..The addition of 0.4%Ca improves the biodegradation corrosion resistance of the tested magnesium implants...
- Ben Yaakov K, Dagan S, Segal Ruder Y, Shalem O, Vuppalanchi D, Willis D, et al. Axonal transcription factors signal retrogradely in lesioned peripheral nerve. EMBO J. 2012;31:1350-63 pubmed publisher..Hence, retrograde transport of TFs from axonal lesion sites provides a direct link between axon and nucleus. ..
- Cohen S, Kozlovsky N, Matar M, Kaplan Z, Zohar J, Cohen H. Post-exposure sleep deprivation facilitates correctly timed interactions between glucocorticoid and adrenergic systems, which attenuate traumatic stress responses. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2012;37:2388-404 pubmed publisher..Post-exposure SD may disrupt the consolidation of aversive or fearful memories by facilitating correctly timed interactions between glucocorticoid and adrenergic systems...
- Koepp M, Årstad E, Bankstahl J, Dedeurwaerdere S, Friedman A, Potschka H, et al. Neuroinflammation imaging markers for epileptogenesis. Epilepsia. 2017;58 Suppl 3:11-19 pubmed publisher..Finally, mechanistic biomarkers of epileptogenesis may provide more profound insight in the process of disease development. ..
- Mintz M, Knowlton B, Myslobodsky M. Effect of nootropic Solcoseryl on kainic acid-induced excitotoxic brain injury. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1993;45:55-8 pubmed..This untoward effect is attributed to the fact that S improves the functional potential of injured tissue and retards the period of metabolic exhaustion at a time when neuronal activity should be minimized. ..
- Barchan D, Asher O, Tzartos S, Fuchs S, Souroujon M. Modulation of the anti-acetylcholine receptor response and experimental autoimmune myasthenia gravis by recombinant fragments of the acetylcholine receptor. Eur J Immunol. 1998;28:616-24 pubmed..Fragment H alpha122-210 did not have such a protective activity. Our results suggest that the appropriate recombinant fragments of the human AChR may be employed in the future for antigen-specific therapy of myasthenia. ..
- Einat H, Clenet F, Shaldubina A, Belmaker R, Bourin M. The antidepressant activity of inositol in the forced swim test involves 5-HT(2) receptors. Behav Brain Res. 2001;118:77-83 pubmed..The present data indicates that the antidepressant effect of inositol may involve 5-HT(2) receptors. It is thus possible that the effects of reuptake antidepressant drugs and the effects of inositol may have a common final pathway. ..
- Temkin V, Kantor B, Weg V, Hartman M, Levi Schaffer F. Tryptase activates the mitogen-activated protein kinase/activator protein-1 pathway in human peripheral blood eosinophils, causing cytokine production and release. J Immunol. 2002;169:2662-9 pubmed..In summary, we have demonstrated that the preformed mast cell mediator tryptase induces cytokine production and release in human peripheral blood eosinophils by the mitogen-activated protein kinase/AP-1 pathway. ..
- Girsh E, Dekel N. Involvement of endothelin-1 and its receptors in PGF2alpha-induced luteolysis in the rat. Mol Reprod Dev. 2002;63:71-8 pubmed
- Garty H, Lindzen M, Scanzano R, Aizman R, Fuzesi M, Goldshleger R, et al. A functional interaction between CHIF and Na-K-ATPase: implication for regulation by FXYD proteins. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2002;283:F607-15 pubmed..The functional effects of CHIF differ from those of gamma. An implication of these findings is that other FXYD proteins could act as tissue-specific modulators of Na-K-ATPase...
- Opatowsky Y, Chomsky Hecht O, Kang M, Campbell K, Hirsch J. The voltage-dependent calcium channel beta subunit contains two stable interacting domains. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:52323-32 pubmed..Domain II is responsible for this binding, but domain I enhances it. ..
- Rishal I, Porozov Y, Yakubovich D, Varon D, Dascal N. Gbetagamma-dependent and Gbetagamma-independent basal activity of G protein-activated K+ channels. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:16685-94 pubmed..These results demonstrate that a major part of Ibasal is Gbetagamma-dependent at all levels of channel expression, and only a small fraction (<10%) may be Gbetagamma-independent. ..
- Quintana F, Gerber D, Kent S, Cohen I, Shai Y. HIV-1 fusion peptide targets the TCR and inhibits antigen-specific T cell activation. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:2149-58 pubmed..Disassociated from HIV, however, the FP molecule provides a novel reagent for downregulating undesirable immune responses, exemplified here by adjuvant arthritis. ..
- Nadri C, Belmaker R, Agam G. Oxygen restriction of neonate rats elevates neuregulin-1alpha isoform levels: possible relationship to schizophrenia. Neurochem Int. 2007;51:447-50 pubmed..Frontal-cortex NRG-1alpha was 32% elevated in hypoxia-exposed rats. The data support the role of non-genetic factors, e.g. oxygen restriction, in the expression of genes associated with schizophrenia. ..
- Dvir T, Kedem A, Ruvinov E, Levy O, Freeman I, Landa N, et al. Prevascularization of cardiac patch on the omentum improves its therapeutic outcome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14990-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study provides evidence that grafting prevascularized cardiac patch into infarct can improve cardiac function after MI. ..
- Elmann A, Mordechay S, Rindner M, Larkov O, Elkabetz M, Ravid U. Protective Effects of the Essential Oil of Salvia fruticosa and Its Constituents on Astrocytic Susceptibility to Hydrogen Peroxide-Induced Cell Death. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:6636-41 pubmed publisher..It is proposed that Sf, by attenuating H2O2-induced cell death, might be used as a functional food or may be offered as a means of therapy in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Mor A, Grossman Y. The efficacy of physiological and pharmacological N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor block is greatly reduced under hyperbaric conditions. Neuroscience. 2010;169:1-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together with our previous reports, high pressure modification of NMDAR activity significantly contributes to CNS hyperexcitability and possibly for long term vulnerability. ..
- Yaski O, Portugali J, Eilam D. City rats: insight from rat spatial behavior into human cognition in urban environments. Anim Cogn. 2011;14:655-63 pubmed publisher..Overall, testing rats in environments that simulate facets of urban environments can provide new insights into human spatial cognition in urban environments. ..
- Idelevich A, Kerschnitzki M, Shahar R, Monsonego Ornan E. 1,25(OH)2D3 alters growth plate maturation and bone architecture in young rats with normal renal function. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20772 pubmed publisher..This study shows negative effects of 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) on growth plate and bone which may contribute to the exacerbation of MBD in the CKD pediatric patients. ..
- Geula S, Naveed H, Liang J, Shoshan Barmatz V. Structure-based analysis of VDAC1 protein: defining oligomer contact sites. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:2179-90 pubmed publisher..Dissection of VDAC1 dimerization/oligomerization as presented here provides structural insight into the oligomeric status of cellular VDAC1 under physiological and apoptotic conditions. ..
- Sarit B, Lajos G, Abraham D, Ron A, Sigal F. Inhibitory role of kinins on microglial nitric oxide and tumor necrosis factor-? production. Peptides. 2012;35:172-81 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a role for bradykinin in modulation of glial inflammation, as evidenced by attenuation of NO and TNF-? synthesis pathways in activated microglial cells. ..
- Fragman S, Harnik M, Peleg E, Zamir N, Rosenthal T. The hypertensinogenic activity of 18,19-dihydroxycorticosterone in adrenalectomized rats. Am J Hypertens. 1992;5:399-401 pubmed..Results indicate a high probability that certain mineralocorticoids, which are inactive by themselves, might play a role in the etiology of hypertension when acting together under physiological conditions. ..
- Rhee M, Vogel Z, Barg J, Bayewitch M, Levy R, Hanus L, et al. Cannabinol derivatives: binding to cannabinoid receptors and inhibition of adenylylcyclase. J Med Chem. 1997;40:3228-33 pubmed..11-Hydroxycannabinol-DMH (4b) is a very potent agonist for both CB1 and CB2 (Ki values of 100 +/- 50 and 200 +/- 40 pM; EC50 of adenylylcyclase inhibition 56.2 +/- 4.2 and 207.5 +/- 27.8 pM, respectively). ..
- Paz K, Liu Y, Shorer H, Hemi R, LeRoith D, Quan M, et al. Phosphorylation of insulin receptor substrate-1 (IRS-1) by protein kinase B positively regulates IRS-1 function. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:28816-22 pubmed..These findings implicate PKB as a positive regulator of IRS-1 functions. ..
- Burgess H, Martinez S, Reiner O. KIAA0369, doublecortin-like kinase, is expressed during brain development. J Neurosci Res. 1999;58:567-75 pubmed
- Barshack I, Keren P, Goldberg I, Kopolovic J, Keren G, George J. Relation of preexisting anti-beta2GPI antibodies to infarct size in a rat model. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2003;12:195-201 pubmed..6+/-5.1 and 7+/-2.1 per 100 mononuclear inflammatory cells, respectively; P=.01). The presence of high levels of aPL antibodies is associated with higher expression of iNOS and TGF-beta and may contribute to myocardial damage. ..
- Kipnis J, Avidan H, Markovich Y, Mizrahi T, Hauben E, Prigozhina T, et al. Low-dose gamma-irradiation promotes survival of injured neurons in the central nervous system via homeostasis-driven proliferation of T cells. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;19:1191-8 pubmed
- Raviv Z, Kalie E, Seger R. MEK5 and ERK5 are localized in the nuclei of resting as well as stimulated cells, while MEKK2 translocates from the cytosol to the nucleus upon stimulation. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:1773-84 pubmed..The nuclear localization of MEK5 and ERK5 is different from that of ERK1/2 and MEK1/2 in resting cells, indicating that each MAPK cascade uses distinct mechanisms to transmit extracellular signals to their nuclear targets. ..
- Butovsky O, Landa G, Kunis G, Ziv Y, Avidan H, Greenberg N, et al. Induction and blockage of oligodendrogenesis by differently activated microglia in an animal model of multiple sclerosis. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:905-15 pubmed..The newly formed oligodendrocytes were spatially associated with MG expressing MHC class II proteins and IGF-I. These results point to what we believe to be a novel role for MG in oligodendrogenesis from the endogenous stem cell pool. ..
- Pilpel Y, Segal M. The role of LPA1 in formation of synapses among cultured hippocampal neurons. J Neurochem. 2006;97:1379-92 pubmed..We propose that LPA1 may play a role in the formation and modulation of the dendritic spine synapse. ..
- Levkovitch Verbin H, Harizman N, Dardik R, Nisgav Y, Vander S, Melamed S. Regulation of cell death and survival pathways in experimental glaucoma. Exp Eye Res. 2007;85:250-8 pubmed..We conclude that retinal ganglion cell death in glaucoma involves activation, at different time points, of multiple pro-apoptotic pathways (the MAP kinase pathway and the caspase family) and pro-survival (PI-3 Kinase/ Akt and p-ERK). ..
- Schirman Hildesheim T, Gershon E, Litichever N, Galiani D, Ben Aroya N, Dekel N, et al. Local production of the gonadotropic hormones in the rat ovary. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008;282:32-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, these findings may imply the existence of a local GnRH-gonadotropin axis in the mammalian ovary that may be involved in the management of processes that lead to ovulation. ..
- Motola S, Cao X, Popliker M, Tsafriri A. Involvement of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway in LH- and meiosis-activating sterol (MAS)-induced maturation in rat and mouse oocytes. Mol Reprod Dev. 2008;75:1533-41 pubmed publisher..MAPK/MOS activation, whether in the somatic compartment or in denuded oocytes, is required for MAS- like LH-, FSH-, or EGF-induced resumption of meiosis. ..
- Rishal I, Michaelevski I, Rozenbaum M, Shinder V, Medzihradszky K, Burlingame A, et al. Axoplasm isolation from peripheral nerve. Dev Neurobiol. 2010;70:126-33 pubmed publisher..We show that this new procedure reduces serum and glial cell contamination and facilitates proteomic analyses of axonal contents. ..
- Anavi S, Ilan E, Tirosh O, Madar Z. Infusion of a lipid emulsion modulates AMPK and related proteins in rat liver, muscle, and adipose tissues. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010;18:1108-15 pubmed publisher..CaMKK in skeletal muscle and PP2C in the liver, at least in part, appear to mediate these alterations. Alterations in AMPK pathway in the liver induced metabolic defects associated with lipid oversupply. ..
- Barkai U, Weir G, Colton C, Ludwig B, Bornstein S, Brendel M, et al. Enhanced oxygen supply improves islet viability in a new bioartificial pancreas. Cell Transplant. 2013;22:1463-76 pubmed publisher..Further increase in islets loading density will justify the translation of the system to clinical trials, opening up the potential for a novel approach in diabetes therapy. ..
- Cherniavsky Lev M, Golani O, Karlish S, Garty H. Ouabain-induced internalization and lysosomal degradation of the Na+/K+-ATPase. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:1049-59 pubmed publisher..This mechanism may be required due to the very slow dissociation of the ouabain·Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase complex. ..
- Mahn M, Prigge M, Ron S, Levy R, Yizhar O. Biophysical constraints of optogenetic inhibition at presynaptic terminals. Nat Neurosci. 2016;19:554-6 pubmed publisher..Activation of chloride-conducting channelrhodopsins triggered neurotransmitter release upon light onset. Thus, the biophysical properties of presynaptic terminals dictate unique boundary conditions for optogenetic manipulation. ..
- Peles E, Bacus S, Koski R, Lu H, Wen D, Ogden S, et al. Isolation of the neu/HER-2 stimulatory ligand: a 44 kd glycoprotein that induces differentiation of mammary tumor cells. Cell. 1992;69:205-16 pubmed..We propose the name Neu differentiation factor (NDF) for p44. ..
- Wen D, Peles E, Cupples R, Suggs S, Bacus S, Luo Y, et al. Neu differentiation factor: a transmembrane glycoprotein containing an EGF domain and an immunoglobulin homology unit. Cell. 1992;69:559-72 pubmed..Northern blot analysis indicated the existence of several NDF transcripts, the major ones being 1.8, 2.6, and 6.7 kb in size. Transformation by the ras oncogene dramatically elevated the expression of NDF in fibroblasts. ..
- Nudel U, Zuk D, Einat P, Zeelon E, Levy Z, Neuman S, et al. Duchenne muscular dystrophy gene product is not identical in muscle and brain. Nature. 1989;337:76-8 pubmed..The 5' ends of these mRNA species are derived from different exons. The results suggest that the two mRNA types are transcribed from different promoters. ..
- Bernhardt S, Naim M, Zehavi U, Lindemann B. Changes in IP3 and cytosolic Ca2+ in response to sugars and non-sugar sweeteners in transduction of sweet taste in the rat. J Physiol. 1996;490 ( Pt 2):325-36 pubmed..The increase in [Ca2+]i, common to both pathways, is presumably required for synaptic exocytosis and for signal termination. ..
- Sosnik R, Haidarliu S, Ahissar E. Temporal frequency of whisker movement. I. Representations in brain stem and thalamus. J Neurophysiol. 2001;86:339-53 pubmed..We used short-duration air puffs, much shorter than whisker movements during natural whisking. The activity in this situation was consistent with the prediction we made on the basis of the PLL hypothesis. ..